shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s carbon dioxide we breathe back in.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-if that’s true about the Florida labs, it needs to be splashed in headlines all over the place! WV posts numbers twice a day. Yesterday I really had to scroll down the news feed to find the morning report of 3 positives. It ended up dropping off the feed altogether. The evening report was 88, and that popped to the top of the feed and stayed there for the rest of the day. And apparently the CDC requires the listing as probables to be included with the positive. How do they determine probable? Based on where you’ve been? If that’s the case, I don’t blame my niece and her boyfriend for not disclosing they had been to Myrtle beach when they went for their Covid tests to be able to go back to work! They were both negative, btw. I watched a video by Dr. victory, I think, that made some good sense. Mom sent it to me. We were so careful with mom when all this started. We were terrified to go near her. She even asked if it was possible to die of loneliness, even though my sisters and I were face timing, calling and texting all day long every single day. I didn’t see her for 3 months. We could have gone to visit her. Everything was closed! We were all working from home and getting groceries through pickup. School and college was cancelled for the grandkids. None of us went anywhere. We weren’t exposed to anything. We could have freaking visited, but all the news was so terrifying! I regret that. So we took out family vacation to the beach, all in one house. We ate in, we distanced from other people, we kept hands clean and sanitized. Every one of us isolated ourselves for 14 days when we got back. I realize we were lucky, but we NEEDED to do that. Other people see it as selfish, but we needed to be together. And now I’ll shut up!

You mentioned the protesters. My last hair appointment was the day after protesters were lying across intersections, even after dark, throughout town. They even were across an intersection at interstate off ramp and they blocked the entrance to the hospital, which was just a few blocks from my haircut lady’s. I was really worried about going. I went anyway, and as I was leaving, a news crew was parked at the end of the street filming and I could see a wide band of protesters heading my way. Outta there! Everything was peaceful and the local police met with the organizers to arrange marches where the police would be a block ahead of the protesters in order to block traffic as they passed. Much better than lying in the intersections. Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be calm for you.

I’ll have to see if that series is available through the e-library. Everything seems to be getting checked out. I’ve never had such a problem getting a book!

I was only 5 minutes late to work today. How sad is it that I can’t get to work down the hall on time this week? Sheesh! Matt and I went to the park after work. It was 95 out, but the entire walk is in the shade so that takes the temperature down. I made sure the pavement wasn’t hot for Lily’s little paws. Tonight is Matt’s youth group night, so I made a big salad for dinner. I didn’t have tomatoes, and I’d love to have a nice fresh, ripe, homegrown tomato. I got sucked into watching one how-to video after another on YouTube this evening. I have no idea how much time I wasted doing that! Better than watching the news. Have a great Thursday .

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I like these Memes

StarTrek.jpg

CDCMath.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning!

Deegee, I found Dr Victory's video and watched it. I totally agree with her and chuckled that so many of the comments included get her on the COVID task force and replace Fauci. There were 2 ER doctors at a hospital in California that held a press conference in the spring and had found through testing and antibody testing 13-15% of their community already had the virus and were fine. That of course dropped the percentages of the fatality rate. Their hospital didn't have any patients in ICU (at that time) and most of their doctors and nurses were out of work. They too said the shutdown and masks were not going to stop the spread and of course after multi million views their video was pulled off YouTube for putting out false and misleading information on COVID. What happened to free of speech?

That Florida story wasn't out on many places online; the update later by the governor was released a few hours later and showed up on more news sites and he said the 300 labs had failed to include the negatives in their numbers. I also saw on TV yesterday where in Ohio they give a person who is positive multiple tests to see if they are still positive and each test on the same person is included in their numbers rather than just 1 positive. Also like you said how can probables be included? The CDC guidelines I found say probable are cases where they patient has some COVID symptoms and / or is the best clinical judgement of the person filling out the death certificate. Including probables in active cases is when they have some of the symptoms and refuse testing - or live with someone that has a confirmed case of COVID.

I realize you can't find news anymore that doesn't have opinion and leans to the right or left but this is a true life or death situation whether it be about your health, livelihood, safety, etc and it really irritates me the data would be skewed, slanted and suppressed. Like Marty said last night with all the stores, cities and states having mask mandates now what about the truly at risk people who think they are safe to go out now with a mask? The CDC clearly says the cloth face masks "may" protect you or "may" protect others. A maybe is not a scientific fact.

Okay, I'll get off my rant now. This is making me agitated.

That is scary about people blocking entrances and laying down on the road. I am glad it was peaceful and co managed with police. Very scary. Good idea to get out of there fast.

I bet a lot of people are reading now. I have gone through a lot of books since March.

Glad you had a lovely walk even though it was so hot. I saw on our local news to make sure the pavement won't burn your dog's paws. Good thinking!

Watching How To videos are way better than the news.

Dee Jay, I hope you are doing well.

I woke up with a pain in my left eye. While taking my shower the eye clouded over and multiple blinking cleared it up but the eye was irritated. I used 2 full little individual natural tears in there trying to clear it out. I think I finally found it - an eyelash was kind of bent under my eyelid. Heck of a way to start my day.

I am working at home today. We are finally getting busy at work with baseball games starting this weekend. Such excitement.

Now that the comet is an evening object I haven't been able to see it; it's been cloudy at night. Phooey.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My voyage to a foreign land was no big deal at all. I got there early since I allowed time for construction season and it turned out that was a good call. They wanted to do the 30,000 mile factory maintenance either today or have me come back. I said well I'm here let's do it. That meant I needed to find something to do for 3 to 4 hours or hang out in the dealer. They got me out a loaner Macan. First thing I did was head to a near by reservoir that has curvy, windy roads and hills; it was a blast driving up and back there. Then now what do I do? I ventured to a bakery we like there and got some cinnamon swirl bread. It's a small store so you have to wait outside so they have one customer in the store at a time. The lady in front of me had her daughter with her - she was probably 3. They told the little girl she could pick out any cookie in the case she wanted. She pointed to the biggest cookie in there. They handed it to her and she held it up to her face and I swear it covered her little face. If she ate that whole thing she'll be buzzing all day. It was cute. Then I was going to go to a Hallmark store since Christmas ornaments are out; the car's NAV system said the road there was restricted so I passed. I texted Marty for a while then decided to go to our favorite steak house for steak and eggs for breakfast. It was delicious. Wow do they give you a lot of food. I headed back to the dealer and hid in the back waiting room. There was a lady in the other corner talking on the phone. She called 3 people and poured out all of her troubles including shedding many tears. i tried not to listen and felt bad for her but I'm like is this really the place to do that? Hopefully her day got better as it went along. My car was done at about 1 pm so I headed home. Marty and I each had 2 pieces of the cinnamon bread when I got home - there was my supper. Ha Ha. After he went to the gym I headed to Sams Club and tried their Scan and Go app - worked like a charm. I am now a paper product hoarder. My linen closet is full and one of my guest bedrooms has the overflow. I did get Marty some food too while I was there. Now I'm resting.

I think I'll fix an apple for supper and try another piece of that bread. They had that same bakery here for awhile but their bread was just never the same.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-those memes were funny. I sent them to my mom, and she posted the second one on FB. She’s a feisty one, my mom! Glad your trip was good. I don’t blame you for not wanting to go back. Might as well get it over with, but it sounds like you had a good day. I can imagine a little kid on a sugar high! I got to where I got a massive headache if I ate a sweet when I was really watching my sugar intake. I need to get myself back there. Sugar crept back in during quarantine, darn it! Don’t you love it when you get to hear someone’s woes in public, when you can’t get away? We ate at a restaurant last night. Tables were WELL spaced, so the guy wasn’t eve close to me. I heard all about his wife’s illness and her hemoglobin test results. I’m just more private, I guess.

Glad you’re stocked up. Our stores still have mostly empty shelves when it comes to paper products and some cleaning supplies. Plus the grocery store, no matter which one we go to, is very low on butter. I haven’t googled to see why there is a butter shortage. We went grocery shopping and to Lowe’s, Sams and Target Thursday after work, hoping it would be less crowded than over the weekend. It was our first shopping trip since the mask mandate went into effect there were signs up saying cashiers couldn’t give coin change. It feels so strange, like we’re living in some weird alternate universe.

Our sky has been so clear and bright at night, Matt has been going out in the driveway with binoculars. He said he could see Jupiter’s moons and Saturn’s rings. We don’t have a good view of the sky to see the comet. He was impressed with your picture! He visited his parents when they lived in Baker, Montana, and he said the evening sky was phenomenal.

Hi Dee*Jay-I hope you’re doing well! I bought a tile sample at Lowe’s, and I’m really proud of myself for getting that far. Haha! I don’t like it though.

I think our running around Thursday left us tuckered out! We didn’t leave the house today except for quick walks around the neighborhood today. As soon as it was time for me to log out of work for the day, I took a 2-hr nap. I couldn’t hold my eyes open! Matt told me he conked out in his man room after he logged out for the day. We can't handle that kind of excitement anymore. Sheesh!

I had to stop by work Thursday to pick stuff up for my next project. It’s going to take me a lot of time to get this one done, and I mean a lot of time. But I am excited to be super busy! I chatted with my boss for a few minutes, and she told me she thinks it will be a while yet before they bring the last of us back in the office. I wonder what a while is. August? September? She said those of us that remain out are the ones who they know have access to do everything they need at home and they can trust us to be working, so there’s no reason to bring us back while the case numbers in our area are spiking so much. Matt is supposed to go back Monday, but we shall see.

it’s almost 1am and I’m still wide awake. That’s the problem with an evening nap. Have a great weekend!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I came out of my room to this earlier. These 4 follow me around all day. On the left in front is the kitten Jasper, beside him is Milo (he weighs 22.5 lbs). Across from Jasper is my sweet Lily, and next to her is Jasper’s mom Emma (the cat who spent a week in the ductwork). I love that everybody gets along.

Attachments

• 370BD482-38EA-4738-9E8E-EC375434806C.jpeg
    370BD482-38EA-4738-9E8E-EC375434806C.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 28

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids! Just a fly-by to let you know I'm still alive! I've had A. Week. But I'll be back later with a better check-in!!!

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, glad to hear your mom enjoyed those Memes. Yes, sugar is addicting alright. I still have a mini Coke and chocolate every day. I tend to keep personal things to myself as well; the world doesn’t need to hear my problems.

Our stores are pretty bare too. Paper products, cleaning supplies, antibacterial soap and canned goods are generally wiped out when I’m in the store. I’ve noticed them low on butter too. Were the stores less busy on Thursday? I heard as well places are short on coins so are discouraging cash. I always pay cash in restaurants but then again they wouldn’t have to give me coins in change. Yes, we are living in a weird parallel universe - I’d imagined myself as taller, thinner and richer in another universe. Darn.

That’s great Matt is checking on Jupiter and Saturn. I am sure the skies were dark in Montana. We’ve had cloudy skies every night so I probably won’t catch the comet again as it is closest to Earth on the 23rd. I did have to look up where Baker is; it’s NE of Broadus and I have cousins there.

Yay for getting a tile sample. Glad you and Matt rested up yesterday.

Good luck to Matt going back to the office on Monday. Sounds like you’ll be home for a while.

Love seeing the pictures of your furbabies; they look quite comfortable and content. Sweet. And I’d swear your floors are the same color as ours.

Hi Dee Jay, glad to hear you are alive but sorry you’ve had a LONG week. Rest up this weekend.

My night was shortened by assorted body parts were going “yo Marcy” so I was out of bed before 6 this morning.

Marty went hiking so should be home soon. We are going out for lunch when he gets home.

Have a great weekend.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Sadly the weekend is almost over. Last night our NW skies were clear so I enjoyed some great views of the comet through binoculars. I got a few more photos with my phone too. Not great but not awful either. Below is a picture a friend of mine took.

I did my lifting this morning, finished my laundry and have my monthly article ready to review tomorrow then send it off.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Aarons.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that’s an awesome picture your friend took. I’ll be share to show that to Matt, We just had a bad storm with heavy rain, so no planets, moons or starts tonight.

Matt didn’t go back to work today, which we figured would happen. Our county has jumped in cases by 48% in less than a month. We’ll both be working from home for the foreseeable future. They aren’t even bothering with possible return dates at this point!

Sorry your body parts won’t let you sleep. Mom said her finger is keeping her awake at night, along with her knee. It’s crazy how one finger can cause so much pain. It’s her message finger, too! If she tries to bend it to much, it does the trigger finger thing.

I hope you got your newsletter finished and ready to go. I really like my floors. The color is good for me. I’m wishing the original owners would have put tile in the entryway. There is so much natural light in there that the floors have really faded. I kind of hate to refinish them because they’ll just fade again. A rug only helps the actual part that’s covered!

Hi Dee*Jay!

Today was LONG. I worked 12.5 hrs and I’m beat! I started on my new project, and it is going to be a beast. Tomorrow I am training two people to help me and I think I’m going to ask for two more. We’re all working remotely, so I’ll be sharing screens to train and it will be interesting.

I have been having migraine after migraine these last few months. I haven’t been able to get my usual magnesium supplement, and the one I bought doesn't work super well. But I couldn’t figure out why I was having so many headaches! Saturday Matt noticed on a bag of chips that they contained MSG and other preservatives. We started going through stuff in our cabinets and found tons of stuff with MSG, nitrates and nitrites. Even ranch dressing and tomato soup! I’m so mad at myself because I had been doing so well with reading labels! I went without a migraine for nearly a year. I got sloppy being quarantined, and ate stuff I don’t usually eat. Well, no more. Today I ate a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, and drank a lot of water. I’m hoping to flush my system and then start reading labels. Grrr me! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, we had an intense storm move through here too. Rain, hail and wind.

That's good Matt didn't go in to work. Glad you can both work from home.

Sorry to hear you mom is in our achy body club; at least we can amuse ourselves a little bit with our message finger. I especially like to "show" Marty this finger hurts.

That is too bad the wood in your entryway has faded. We have tile by our front door. I don't know what cleaner our cleaning lady uses on our floors but they sure look nice all the time. It's a nice matte finish.

I will work on my article for the newspaper tomorrow. Not up to it tonight.

You did have a long day and ugh to starting a new project. Good luck with getting more people to help you on the project but remote training can be challenging.

That really stinks about having so many migraines; hopefully eliminating MSG will cure those for you but it sounds like that will limit a lot of food for you.

Hi Dee Jay!

I had a crazy, busy day as well. Baseball started already so a lot of stuff got dumped on us today. One of my employees went home at noon. Some things didn't get done, got forgot or slipped through our fingers so I spent about 90 minutes tonight catching us up through what we need done tomorrow. I will just remind everyone tomorrow we need to be better at staying on top of things and asking for help.

On top of being busy everything I touched seemed to break or go wrong. That continued when I got home; I was making myself a hamburger patty over the open dishwasher and dropped it right in the dishwasher - luckily it was on dirty dishes. I grilled my another burger and had to get it off the grill in the rain. Glad i was able to get my care home without incident.

Here are a few pictures after our storm tonight. I love the wide angle of my camera can get the entire rainbow including the double rainbow.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

IMG_0984.jpg IMG_1186.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-love the rainbow pics. It’s tough to get a full rainbow! That second pic is wicked looking. When we walked in the neighborhood today, there were tree limbs and leaves everywhere. It was a nasty storm. It cooled the temp down to 72 last night, but back up to 95 today.

I cannot tell you how happy Matt is that baseball is starting back up. He doesn’t necessarily love baseball, but he is desperate for any sport! We passed a little league game going on the other day with distanced spectators, and I was afraid he was going to want to stop! Too bad you had to spend time figuring out what needs done and will have to keep on people. Have I mentioned that I love not being a manager?

Sorry you had a drop everything day. I hate those.

So am thinking of having a pair of earrings made by whiteflash. Have you found that to be a fairly easy process? I lost one of the earrings I wore quite often back in January. Matt bought them for me for an anniversary years ago and I loved them and I loved that he picked them out and bought them from whiteflash all by himself. I’m thinking about having them remade but in yellow gold this time. I replaced them with something similar from Dover jewelry, but I really want what I had. Plus I only have one or of yellow gold earrings...the antique pair I broke within 2 weeks of buying! Who did you work with?

We took our good walk in the shady part of the park this evening. We came home and made spaghetti and salad for dinner. No ranch dressing though. That has msg! My good magnesium supplement is supposed to be here tomorrow, so I hope that helps with my headaches again. That and me reading labels before I eat something. I have a dentist appointment first thing in the morning. I broke a molar this morning eating Raisin Bran crunch, and luckily they could get me in tomorrow. Beware of overly crunchy cereal!! I hope I don’t need a root canal, but this sucker hurts! I’m calling it a day and heading to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

Oh-and my niece left today for her basic training for the Navy, which will be in Chicago. I’m nervous but excited for her. She has kind of been lost since she graduated from college, so I hope this provides her with great opportunities. She was working in a hospital ER, but got laid off due to COVID and people without the virus being afraid to go to the ER. She has to quarantine for 2 weeks wherever they’re putting them up in Chicago, and then she’ll start basic training.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee my phone's camera has an ultrawide lens and it kind of distorts things but it's cool I can get an entire rainbow. It does sound like you had a nasty storm; we had a bad one tonight. Got about 3" sized hail. Joy.

it is rather exciting to have live sports starting but holy cow are we busy. We got live basketball starting tomorrow. All of it is last minute. One of my few remaining employees just texted me their sky light broke so she is staying home tomorrow to help clean up the mess.

I think that is a great idea to get some YG earrings from Whiteflash. That is too bad you lost one of the earrings Matt bought you. I worked with Brittany Godin and have absolutely no complaints. The process is pretty easy; I've talked to her now and then but usually just communicate with her through email. That is too bad the antique pair broke. Can they be fixed?

Oh no for breaking a tooth and even worse it hurts. Glad they got you in tomorrow. Good luck with that. I too have broke a tooth on cereal; don't remember what kind right now but it was cereal. Another time my MIL got out old cookies that were hard as a rock and the first bite did in a tooth. We were visiting them in DC so I couldn't get it fixed for over a week.

I hope the non MSG food makes you feel better. Spaghetti does sound delicious though.

So will your niece be on a base? No offense to our Dee Jay but Chicago, Seattle, Portland and NYC is probably the last places I'd want to go right now. I realize the riots probably aren't everywhere in those cities but wow! Scary times. I think joining the navy will be a great opportunity for her.

Work was crazy busy today and tomorrow will probably be fun as well. I might consider going in instead of working from home but then again I do get more work done from home. We could have more bad thunderstorms too. Decisions, decisions.

I had popcorn for supper. It sounded good, took little effort and didn't really create many dishes. Marty got home a little after 7. I had suggested we go to the airport to see some of the planes that are here for an air show tomorrow; glad he didn't want to go back out we might have been out in that hail storm. I'd looked to the north and noticed that greenish sky and said that looks like hail. About 20 minutes later one big hail stone hit the house and we go what was that. As many other followed we knew. The trees and plants look bad.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

This was after it quit raining.
IMG_8755.JPG

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you have some serious storms! Did your employee’s skylight break from the hail? We just had lightening, wind and heavy rain. Did you end up staying home to work or going in?

I’m really thinking about the earring thing, but I know me. I’d rather find something already made that I like. I had the antique earring fixed, but I haven’t worn them since we’ve been stuck at home. You have to put them in through the hole in the back of the ear. Some times they go right in and other times it’s a struggle. And I broke it during one of those struggles.

Sorry you’re broken a tooth on cereal too! Breaking a tooth while you’re out of town with nobody to look at it for a week would be aggravating. As soon as my X-ray popped up on the screen, the hygienist said root canal. Then the dentist came in and said the same thing. My appointment with the endodontist isn’t until September 9, but she said she thought I’d get in much sooner. Lordy I hope somebody cancels, or I have 7 weeks of toothache to look forward to. Ugh. Watch out eating that popcorn!

‘My niece is on a base. She has already had to turn in her phone. She and I text a bunch, and I cried when I sent her the last text for a few months. I know what you mean about some cities. I always wonder if my friend in Seattle is talking about the virus or protests when she says she doesn’t want to go out because it’s getting bad.

We went for a good walk in the park after work and got home just minutes before a storm. I wrapped up the project I was coordinating from home today and got started on the next one. I’ll be getting plenty of overtime if I want it. I like my overtime rate much better than my regular rate! For dinner I made baked chicken, fresh corn on the cob and fresh green beans. Pretty darn healthy. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, we do have some serious storms. Last night we were having constant thunder so I turned off the lights and looked outside and enjoyed a constant flash of sheet lightning. Then we had a brief but intense rain. Looks like tonight will be the same conditions. Yes, the hail broke out my employee's skylight. They got on the roof and were able to patch it okay. I asked her this morning if it leaked with that heavy rain last night and it didn't. The replacement will take about a week to come in for them. I did work from home today again. I'll head to the office tomorrow.

Putting on those earring through the back of your ear does sound challenging. I just dug through the thread to find your picture; I bet they could easily mount those for you on lever back earrings. If you like that style. They are very pretty. I still probably lean towards wearing my studs the most.

I hope you can get in to the endodontist before September for a root canal. 7 weeks of a toothache would not be fun. That tooth I broke on vacation was a corner and loose so it was not comfortable at all. Good thing the in-laws always have liquor since that isn't chewy.

Your niece should be nice and safe on base; hopefully she is finished with her basic training soon and you'll be able to text back and forth to your heart's content. I would be curious what your friend in Seattle was concerned about.

You timed it well getting home before the showers started. Dinner sound delicious. I made a Marcy McMuffin for breakfast, a friend of ours was sending her kids to Culvers to get their lunch so they picked us up lunch too and dropped it off. That's service. Now I need something for supper though.

My work day today was less aggravating than yesterday but still very busy. I did take lunch though and started a batch of laundry. That is some improvement anyway.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I’ve never been to a Culver’s. I googled their menu, and some things look tasty! what’s on a Marcy McMuffin? I had rice crispies. Surely those are easy on the teeth.

When I took the earrings to be fixed, I thought about having them changed to lever back. Then I decided to keep them as they originally were since they were antique, but now I’m wishing I would have gotten lever backs! The earrings I’m thinking about having made are the flower cluster studs but with a lever back instead. The earring I lost had been converted from a stud to a lever back, but it was more fixed so that it didn’t dangle, and it was pretty short in length. I’ve seen that called an earbob, which is what my antique earrings are. They fall just below my earlobe. I’ll find a pic. I’m afraid I’ll pull my studs out accidentally when I pull off my mask. I wonder if lever backs are more secure for that purpose. Have you noticed a difference, or have you mainly worn studs when you’re out and about? I think I need to focus on earrings because I’m not sure I can stand to wear a rhr after my finger issue.

I’m glad work was better for you today. Enjoy your day at the office! I felt really overwhelmed today. I had questions and people asking for guidance coming at me so fast through Skype, teams, email and text...I couldn’t keep up. And they were from all departments, all over the place. My poor brain! AND I have a toothache! I decided I’m getting up and ready early every day, just in case I get a short notice of a cancellation at the endodontist. Lately I’ve been dragging down the hall at 7:58 and taking a shower at lunch.

I worked 10 hours today, and then we went out grocery shopping and to target. Thursday’s seem to be less crowded. Everybody in every store had on masks. I don’t know if they help or not, but I’m glad everybody was making the effort. We got trapped in target due to a monsoon outside. We moseyed to the back of the store and found a couple lawn chairs to sit in. Matt actually dozed off! If they would have had two of the same color, I’d have bought those for the deck. Very comfy. We had Mexican for dinner. I think we’ve eaten at that restaurant every week when we’ve done our grocery shopping since restaurants reopened. Happy Friday tomorrow! Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great

X.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

What a week. i need alcohol or chocolate. Woo hoo it's over (I hope).

Not much planned for the weekend. I'll make the tall guy take me out for dinner. I have to do some work from home on Sunday but hopefully we have a quiet weekend.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-the roadrunner meme was a big hit in my family! Oh no, it sounds like you didn’t have a good week. I hope this week goes smoother. I planned on doing very little this weekend, and I met that goal.

I worked for a few hours yesterday to get things ready to work on for Monday. We stayed in Friday and Saturday. We went to moms today to have a bday celebration for my sister. I brought pulled chicken from Sams, and it was really good. We also brought hamburgers for the grill, fresh corn on the cob and watermelon. Mom made a big salad. It was too hot and nobody really felt like dragging out the cornhole boards, so we sat in the swing and lawn chairs under a nice shade tree. We had drama in our neighborhood this weekend. A house down the street was broken into. The dad and son were out of town at a sports thing, and the mom and daughter were home. Around 1am the mom woke up because the dog was growling, and there was a man in her room. She screamed bloody murder and he ran, but how incredibly terrifying! We live in the hills and everybody’s back yards are woods and forest areas. I think it’s safe to say, everybody in this neighborhood without a security system and cameras will be getting something. I’m off to take ibuprofen and go to bed. I am praying hard for a cancellation at the endodontist. This stupid tooth hurts more everyday. Goodnight.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I am glad the roadrunner meme was enjoyed. That hit the spot with me for sure. That’s great you reached your goal to do very little this weekend.
The menu for your sisters birthday celebration sound great. Sounds like a very fun day.
That is very scary a neighbor had a breaI in. Glad that family has a dog.
Sending mega dust for an opening for you at the endodontist. Toothaches are not fun.

I lifted this morning, finished my laundry, finished and sent off my article for the newspaper and worked on the August newsletter.

darn tomorrow is Monday again.
take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

This Monday wasn't as awful as last week but close. My PC said must download a software update NOW!!!! 90 minutes later I was finally back online. That reminds me I need to update my password on my laptop. See how helpful you ladies are for me?

I picked up a pot roast sandwich and mashed taters from Culvers for supper. I throw out the bun; ti's almost like Sunday dinner.

I ordered myself a Kentucky Blue sapphire band in rose gold. i so want to go sapphire shopping in Denver but just not willing to deal with all the restrictions down there. They take forever on a normal day; now with limited store capacity driving 100 miles one way to maybe get a new ring is not high on my list of things to do. I may have a ring or two already i can wear. Ha Ha.

Wow was it hot today here. 90 something.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Here is the band. The sapphires are about .12 ct each with little diamond accents.

IMG_1632.jpeg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that ring is really pretty! I haven’t been able to wear a rhr since my finger incident. The swelling is completely gone but my finger feels weird with a ring on it. I’ll work on that problem! When will you have it? I don’t blame you for not wanting to go sapphire shopping. With all the restrictions these days, it’s just not fun. I don’t like eating out anymore either because the menus are so limited.

I sure hope your week goes better than last week. Gotta love those updates. And I was grumbling that I had to change my password before I could log my time in this morning. And then I had to change my password again before I could log my time out because what I thought I used (And wrote down) this morning didn’t work on the way out.

I worked until 4:30 and then we took a good walk in the park, then I came home and worked 3 more hours. Even though the entire path is shady, the air is still HOT. It’s storming right now and that’s supposed to give us some relief from the heat for a few days. I’m going to buy something fun with all this OT I’m earning! I ate a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast and a peanut butter sandwich for dinner, and that’s it. I don’t feel much like eating...stupid tooth. I did a load of laundry today, but it’s going to have to wait until tomorrow to get put away. I feel like I’m in such a rut from all this Covid crap. I seem to do the same thing, every day. Anybody else feel that way?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Deegee I am sorry to hear you still can’t wear a RHR comfortably. When fingers hurt anything makes them uncomfortable. I hope you can tolerate a ring again soon. My ring should be delivered Thursday. I got the shipping notice tonight. It is strange eating out these days. I tried to eat at Perkins tonight but they were already at capacity and said it would be about a 20 minute wait so I picked up Arby’s.

Don‘t you hate changing your password? Do yours have the silly rules we have like it cannot be one you’ve use in the last 40 times, can’t have repetitive letters, can’t be a proper name, blah blah, blah. Then I can’t remember what I picked. And it’s always when you are busy or on Friday. i get work email on my phone so it requires a passcode. That sucker just pops up and says change now. I changed it one time when we were riding around in the car with my SIL and we were all talking. I couldn’t remember what I picked at all. I don’t remember how I fixed it either.

Good idea to get your walk in early. I hope the rain cools it off for you. We had a rain shower but not much. You definitely should buy yourself a present with your OT money. I wish I wasn’t on salary but oh well. I am sorry it’s painful to eat. Hurry up and get that call they had a cancellation. This COVID life does seem like Groundhog Day. I can see why it’s getting you down. it’s agitating me.

I had a busy day at work but at least it zipped by. I stopped at a farmers market at the mall and picked up peaches and tomatoes. I didn’t look at all the booths since those were the 2 things I went to buy.

Marty got pulled in to a conference call when he got home from the gym last night and worked until 2 am. He’s pretty tired tonight.

We are getting our deck painted this week. Woo Hoo!!!! It needs is badly.

Take care. I’m getting worried about @Dee*Jay I’ll text her tomorrow.

laters.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-did you text Dee*Jay? I hope all is okay. She was in my dream last night. Isn’t it funny how people you’ve never met pop into your dreams? I hope you get your ring tomorrow! Will you be working from home? You have to have a difficult time deciding what jewelry to wear each day!

During the time my office was completely closed, I got a password expiration notice on a Friday that I had taken off. I tried to log in on Sunday to test something before the test system refreshed Monday morning, and my password was expired. I couldn’t change it because you have to be connected to the network when you change your password or vpn won’t work. Argh! I drove to the office and pulled up close to the building. Voila! Network! So then I logged in and change my password and all was well. That was super irritating.

I don’t understand the limited menus. Is it because restaurants are at reduced capacity and they don’t want to stock ingredients that might go to waste? They have been closing two streets in town on the weekends so that the restaurants on the streets can set up outdoor dining areas. They’re the local restaurants and it’s been a big hit. We haven’t gone because it’s too hot, but I hope they continue to do it. I need to swing by our farmers market to support the local folks.

Work has been busy. I have been given 4 people who are working remotely to help with my giant project. I talked to a programmer about doing a programmatic fix for the first 1,200 people and he thinks my idea will work. Now my team is reviewing data and I hope to get this one done by early next week. 1,200 people down, 38,000 to go! The initial plan was for us to go into each count and fix them one at a time. Yeah...no.

I got my hair cut yesterday. I like what she did and I even liked the way she dried it. That never happens! It was getting way too long and unruly. On the way back in the car, I bit into a mentos and I swear I nearly wrecked. The pain was excruciating. I am trying to keep everything on the right side of my mouth, but a chunk of it slid to the left side and found it’s way right to where it shouldn’t be. Even air hurts it today. I called the endodontist and the nice receptionist moved me to the ASAP list. Fingers crossed! There are only 3 endodontist in our area, and none of them seem to schedule many appointments a day or work on Fridays. We took a good walk in the park and I had a chicken salad sandwich for dinner. Soft food. Have a great Thursday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I did just now text Dee Jay. I have not heard back yet. I too hope she is doing okay. I don't want to be nosy but ...

I had another busy day at work. I even worked late. Sadly that meant I started lifting late and while on my last rep downstairs the doorbell rang - it was my ring. Noooooooooooo!!! They left a note on the door and will try again tomorrow. Five minutes later and I'd have that ring on my finger. Yes, I have too many rings and I only tend to wear a few of them. Go figure.

That is so crappy about your password expiring - glad you were able to connect in the parking lot. You'd think IT would take off that requirement while people are at home. But hey that makes sense.

Denver is doing the same thing closing down some streets and setting up tables and chairs outside of restaurants. One of the local restaurants set up a small patio but it looks like old, crappy furniture so we didn't try it. That makes it nice though. The manager at one of our regular haunts told us they have a hard time getting supplies; probably a lot of the restaurant suppliers closed down for so long it will be hard to get back to a normal flow of products. I am guessing of course.

That is great you are making progress on your giant progress already. Sweet. Definitely don't want to fix them one at a time. Ironically Marty was telling me a similar problem they are encountering at work where they wanted Marty to go fix a huge data stream one item at a time. He said no send it back to the software developers.

That's great your haircut turned out well. I want a different style for sure. I looked up what a "Karen" is and the pictures look like my hairstyle. LOL.

Ouch to biting down on your sore tooth. I sure hope they get you in ASAP. You'd think they'd do some emergency type of root canals.

My re-heated frozen pizza smells done so I'd best go eat it. I wanted something that didn't require cooking or dishes - so I duge out some leftover pizza I had frozen for lunches.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay is fine and doing okay.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

What a day. I truly wouldn't mind quitting. This is insane!!! I started work early, worked through my lunch, logged off at my usual time then my phone started ringing.

I did finally get my ring and yes I like it. We had 3 deliveries before it arrived though. What a bunch of teases. One was even FedEx who was delivering my ring. Marty ordered assorted parts for our gas grill so those things were showing up.

I planned on making us mashed potatoes and mini meatloaves for lunch but never had time; so I made them for supper. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow now. Woo hoo!!!

Looks like we are having poker her Saturday night. I added to the thread on FB "okay as long as you are all gone by 10". I love to yell down stairs at 10 o'clock - "Marty it's 10 o'clock; time for your little friends to go home." I get many assorted colorful answers and it's especially fun for me if someone is here that doesn't know me very well.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a quick shot of my ring

ring.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your ring is really pretty! The sapphires look like a nice blue. What is the metal? And what teases those delivery people are! And of course they came when you were indisposed.

Great idea for the poker party. Be sure to yell down in a very serious, stern voice. Matt was supposed to go to a poker party tonight but ended up working until way too late. I think we’re both putting in more hours at home than we would at the office. Sorry your work is so bad right now. I’m really happy to have a huge project but not super happy I’ve been assigned helpers who think they report to me. They let me know when they’re going to be out or ask for time off. Hello...NOT a manager!

I had to look up a Karen haircut. I wasn’t sure what that was! Mine is a little past my shoulders after she cut a few inches off. I had her add lots of layers because it gets really bushy. And I have given up trying to flat iron it every day and let it do its own thing. I give up!

The database guy and I have become good friends because we’re always having to clean up other people’s messes. Today we did a trial of 5 people to fix programmatically. It flushed out a scenario I didn’t even think of, which was great. It’s going to work and I’m tickled. Tomorrow we get rid of the errors for the first 1,200 people, and move to the next group. Sure beats going in one at a time.

No call for an emergency root canal today and they don’t work tomorrow, so it’s Monday at the earliest. I dug out a bottle of pain pills I had tucked away for an emergency, but I haven’t gotten to the point that I need one yet. Matt went out to lunch with the other pastors at his church, so he brought me back a turkey avocado wrap for lunch. I made breakfast (scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage & gravy) for dinner. I had a Bloody Mary because I think I have to have one every time I have scrambled eggs. It rained the entire day, which was a nice break from the heat. We only got one walk around the neighborhood this morning and no walk at the park.

Tomorrow is Friday!! Hang in there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results