carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, it sucks that the voting place was so hot and humid. No one wants to wait around in those conditions for ANY reason! Fingers crossed on the scheffelera's new home because I made the leap with buying a new pot and a big bag of dirt. I think tonight's the night...

Curby, it's too bad about the poor placement of that guy forcing a move on you. Whenever we move offices they office service guys do it for us. It's kind of creepy actually. They come in and take picutres (including inside the drawers!) and when you get to your new office the next day it is EXACTLY the same as the old office. Right down to the pack of gum in the pencil drawer. And ICK about the gross furniture you "inherited."

Yesterday I ventured out! BB&B, Costco and At Home. Today I went to Ikea right when they opened and made my big return. Then I ran by the Costco in that town, which turned out great because I found something I'd been looking for that was sold out online. After I came home and made lunch for everyone (just a pizza, but it was pretty good!) I ran out to JoAnn and to Home Depot. Dee is Out Of Control, ha ha!

TR mentioned when he was home at lunch that his old neighbors were in town so maybe we'll get together with them tonight. Likely just drinks on the deck, nothing major. Boy... I could really use a nap right now...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you get your plant moved? I totally remember you telling us when they move you at your office someone does it for you; that would be kind of strange. It’s nice but not? I was glad I found another empty filing cabinet instead of needing that gross one power washed. Ewe. You have had a very busy shopping day. Drinks on the deck sounds quite fun.

I have had a busy day. I got up before 7 and we went to Lowes to pick out flowers for our ceramic pots. That is the time to go; there were maybe 3 or 4 other people in the greenhouse with me. Naturally I picked up too many flowers but a friend of mine is coming to get my dozen or so leftovers. We put all the flowers on the porch and Marty headed to the gym to meet one of his clients. I did my lifting while he was gone and then took my shower. Marty picked me up at about 11 and we went to Home Depot to look for spikes for our pots. They looked kind of nasty but picked the 3 best ones they had. After we picked up the spikes we stopped and ate lunch at Outback. It was hot planting the flowers but we got them planted. Our new neighbors stopped by and introduced themselves; they seemed very nice. Now we are watching golf and being lazy. I should start laundry but that can wait.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I got Bruno (the schefflera) repotted this morning, along with replanting some sort of succulent (I don't think it's an aloe, but looks similar) and I swapped out some clover into a different pot because the one it was in had been knocked off the table by the dog and the bottom rim broke. Whew! #DeeTheHorticulturist!

Yesterday seemed to go on forrrrrrevvvvvverrrrrr. TR headed out to help his friends with the auction first thing and I was charged with taking the ferals to meet up with their mother. The oldest feral couldn't find something so we had to tear the house apart to locate it, and of course that made us late. Then I went to the auction. Right as I was pulling in my friend and her daughter were standing at the driveway, so they hopped in and went to a nearby town that had a farmers' market and a really cute store. I bought a macrame purse (that I do not need), and really cool throw (that I do not need, but I may find a way to use it as a wall hanging), and some food items. Then we went back to the auction where there was much standing around and doing of nothing. The daughter wanted to get home to her family because her kids were texting her and she'd promised them chili for lunch, the time for which had long come and gone, so I gave her a ride. Little did I know it was like a cross country trek! When I got to her place she wanted me to come and see the house. I was given a tour and a detailed explanation of every single thing that had been done in there since they bought it, right down to what color the walls were vs. the the color they are now and the thought process behind the selections. At one point I thought, hm, I wonder if she'd mind if I just lay down right here and take a nap! After that I came home because I was much closer to TR's than I was to the auction at that point. Then TR came home and told me we were going to the friend's place for dinner because they wanted to thank him for all his hard work with the sale. By the time we got home from THAT I was ready to just slump over and sleep in the truck!!!

So now you know every little thing that happened in my life yesterday, hahahahaha!

Today, after lunch, we're going to head into the city to check on my place and do a few things. I bought a mirror for over the dresser that I can't hang myself, plus I've got new curtain rods that will take wall anchors. I'm not going to stay down there tonight, but I might decamp for downtown later this week when the ferals are here in and effort to get some serious work done since I need to really start slamming out items on the annual review.

OK, off to load things into the car!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

So yesterday was a comedy of errors. Two things went right: The handles on my closet doors and TR fixed the sink stopper in my guess bathroom. Then... As he had three of the four brackets up for the curtain rods I realized how low they were and had to point out to him that I need the rods as high as possible because the curtains were already too close to the top of the baseboard heater. Redo.

And the mirror that was SUPPOSED to go above the dresser... We got it all measured out and hooks hung and wire attached and just as we were about to let go of it up on the hooks the bracket pulled out of the side of the mirror! OK... So we went down in my storage locked and got a piece of art that I probably should have just hung up there to begin with. And then we said, alright, let's mount it tall-wise on wall between the door and the dresser because I don't have a full length mirror in that room anyway. Measure. Hook in wall. Hang. About to let go -- and AGAIN! The mounting bracket ripped right out of the mirror. Now I've got to get this massive heavy mirror back to the store to return it. AND I still don't have a mirror in my bedroom.

On the way home TR told me, out of the blue, that he hates my new place. I was telling our friends that came over the other day about a unit that had come across our internal real estate app that I might go and look at, so he took that as license to tell me that he hates the hallways of my building because the carpet and lighting are too yellow, the view because it's too much of the roof of the cathedral, and my kitchen because it's too small. Actually, the ENTIRE place is too small. He liked my other place better. Well frankly so did I, but the building was falling down around me and it was going to be very expensive over time to maintain that property as a whole. So sure, would I love another 2800 square feet with 13' ceilings and my parking spots as street level right outside the door? Damn straight! But the chances of finding that again are zero. I almost forgot: he hates all of my furniture too.

AND then when we were coming home from getting ice cream last night he got pissy with me because I don't speak loudly enough and he can't hear me. So I started speaking loudly and clearly -- and he got mad at me for "mocking him."

This morning he said he was sorry for being like that yesterday; he was just tired.

Whatever.

I walked my 10K steps this morning and am now getting stuff ready for the new hires that I need to train tomorrow. And the annual review looms over my head ever large...

Ugh!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, lol #DeeTheHorticulturist. Glad you got plants moved. I was a good kid and snipped off the dead plants in our pots tonight.

You certainly had a busy weekend. Macrame purses are pretty cool; I used to do that. I should do some searching on macrame Christmas ornaments; they would be quick and easy for our Christmas card project for nursing homes. Thanks for the idea!

Too funny your friend’s daughter gave you the detailed grand tour of her house. The most explanation I give anyone is showing them the different color of the hardwood floor in the den versus the rest of the house. Bummer you still had to go out to friend’s house for supper after a long and busy day but I hope you had a nice time.

That sucks more things went wrong than right at your apartment. That sucks TR had to move the brackets for your curtains. We had that problem over our patio doors in our dining room. Luckily we swapped out horrible sliding glass doors for hinged French doors with shades inside the glass so we took those drapes down and Marty patched all the holes left behind from two rows of brackets.

Crap the mirror kept ripping brackets out of the wall. Those things are stinking heavy. Good idea to use from art you already had above the dresser.

Sorry to hear TR was cranky and let out some inner dialogue. Maybe you’ll find that ideal place again some day. Not being able to park by my door would be a bid drawback to city life for me. My niece that lives in Houston recently bought a triplex and has a lease on her apartment for 3 more months so she is slowly moving. Her parking space is 2 blocks from her apartment. What a PITA that would be!

I get quiet too when Marty is cranky or seems mad at me. One time at an astronomy meeting I had worked up a slide program on the planets and moons in the solar system. It wasn’t super detailed just pretty pictures with maybe 2 or 3 sentences at most on each slide and Marty was running the projector for me. My projector was an old clunker with an ever increasingly loud fan. Every time I looked at Marty he kept taking his thumb and motioning it up. I thought he was telling me to speed up because he found my talk boring. So I’m talking faster, skipping stuff in my notes and he keeps motioning his thumb up. I am getting more and more quiet and just zipped through the rest of the slides. Afterwards he asked me why I wouldn’t speak up. I said oh I thought you were telling me to hurry up. A guy in the club drew the funny comic for me after that. It was titled how to read signs from the astronomy president: thumbs up = talk up, hand down = talk lower, finger going in a circle = wrap it up, then he had Marty passed out in a chair = shut up.

Good luck with the new hires tomorrow.

My sister and BIL were here most of the day yesterday. They live in a small town near Denver so they were thrilled to be out on parole and eat in a restaurant. I hadn’t done laundry on Saturday so I managed to get that done yesterday but crap that reminds me I still have one batch in the dryer.

We managed to watch all 10 episodes of Yellowstone season 2 this weekend. I am totally a fan of that show. Season 3 starts this weekend.

I snipped off dead flowers in our pots tonight.

It sounds like everyone in our department could be back in the office as soon as Friday. Some will be working every other day because they are too close to their neighbor. My senior manager said management can choose to work from home 2 days a week so I will definitely take advantage of that.

I finally have a hair appointment - at noon on the 28th. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, LOL on the miscommunication between you and Marty! We've all had something like that with our SO at some point along the way! I'm still mad about the mirror. I want to take it back sooner rather than later because it's so big I can't really put anything else in the back of my car, and I sure don't want to take it out, put it in the garage, and have to put it back in AGAIN. I might swing by BB&B and see if they've got anything that would work. I'm done being picky at this point!

I didn't walk this morning because I am jammed with zooms and other stuff all day. In between I'm doing laundry and other house stuff. The usual!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good luck getting the mirror returned, Hopefully you find something else you like. Nice that you got your walk in early. I hope you day of Zoom meetings went well.

I was pretty bored at work today. I didn't have a lot to do other than meetings here and there. I caught up with a former co-worker through text and with a provider through email. The former co-worker had been working from home then they let her go. She is in Denver and hasn't had any luck finding another job. The provider is in LA. She is working from home at least through August. She can't go anywhere so she's really bored.

I guess I'll work from home on Wednesday and Thursday until we don't have to social distance at work. That works for my lifting day and meeting a friend for lunch day. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies! Quick drop in. I’m at the beach on our first ever family vacation. Only one nephew and his fiancé were unable to join us. We’re in a great beach house but the weather the last two days has been miserable with heavy rain and storms. We have had a great time anyway, playing games and goofing off. Lots of laughing, which we all desperately needed! Tomorrow is supposed be nice, so hopefully we can all enjoy outside time. I have been staying up too late, sleeping in, eating and drinking way too much. I decided not to bring my laptop, so I’m completely cut off from work. That does not break my heart! We have a house sitter staying at the house and taking care of the cats. Dee*Jay-I think the sofas in the beach house are 4 ft deep, and even I can’t touch the floor. I’m off to read before bed. Have a great Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, it's nice that you still get to work from home a few days a week! And I hope the lady in Denver finds another job. Looking for a new role in this environment is difficult, to say the least.

Deegee, your vacation sounds wonderful! Good for you for leaving your laptop behind! I tend to take mine with me when I travel but only deal with the most urgent of stuff. Of course everyone thinks THEIR stuff is urgent, ha ha.

I got some work done yesterday afternoon... after 5 zoom calls. TR was working on something in the driveway so I got the brilliant idea I'd try an evening walk. Now I know why I don't do that. The temperature was nice, and so was not having the sun beating down on me, but the bugs were super annoying. One of them actually flew in my eye at about the half way mark. I tried to wash it out with my bottle of water, but I ended up walking home with the stupid thing still in there. This morning I decided to get my walk out of the way early, even though I'd just done it the night before. Happy to have it done for the day.

Today is crazy busy -- and there's not end in sight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee your vacation and beach house sounds fabulous. That is great pretty much the entire family was able to join in on the fun. Good idea to leave your laptop at enjoy. Eat, drink and be merry. Glad to hear the weather is clearing up for you.

Dee Jay, it will be convenient to be home a few days a week. Strange but nice for me. I hope that lady finds a job; she is super nice, competent and a great employee.

How awful to get a bug in your eye and yes they are bad in the evening. It’s usually windy here so that helps cut down on bugs. Glad you got your walk in first thing today and I hope you finished your busy day with some delicious libations.

Not much new here. I met a friend for lunch. I threw a potato in the oven to bake when I got home and went downstairs to do my lifting. Worked perfectly.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I wish it was windy here! That would make the heat a little more tolerable. You've reminded me to put potatoes on the shopping list. I don't know why I never think to make them, but whenever I do the kids (and TR) really enjoy them.

Yesterday I got motivated and actually worked until about 9:30... when I think fell into bed and didn't even make it through two chapters of my current book. My walk this morning was hot hot hot. Glad to have it done though!

Another busy day ahead -- off to the shower!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes the wind can help cool you off especially when taking a walk. We generally have wind here which helps cool things off in general. i often comment the locust must be near when there isn't a breeze.

Glad i was able to help with your shopping list. I added some stuff to ours a while ago. If that slacker Marty would go shopping it would be nice. :D I might place a pick up order for Saturday.

You did work all day long yesterday. Maybe you can take off early tomorrow. I, on the other hand; had all my work done within 90 minutes of logging in to my PC. Since I am easily amused I started typing out those things we used to do in school that you'd have someone read out loud and of course you tricked them in to cursing, insulting themselves or saying something stupid. Then I used a snip it tool, saved them as a jpeg and emailed them to people and of course asked them to read this out loud. Marty told me I needed help. Go figure. I was amused.

4:30 pm finally rolled around and I was delighted to put my car in sports plus and race out of there. I spent about 20 minutes in line at a drive in to get a burger for supper. Lines are getting crazy here to get window food.

I got dishes done, started a batch of laundry and plan on reading tonight.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby,LOL on the things you typed out! As long as we are amused, that's all that matters, ha ha.

This morning's adventure was a $321 trip to the grocery store. I stocked up on a lot of stuff, and also got a toy for TR's soon-to-be 3 year old nephew, two greeting cards, and a gift bag and tissue. Those things along were about $40! I remembered one thing I had wanted to get as I was literally putting the bags into my cart after checking out. Forget it -- I'll improvise!

Today is going to be steamy! Low 90s if the weather report is to be believed.

OK, off to work on the annual review!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally agree as long as we are amused that is all that matters. :lol:

Good idea to stock up on stuff at the grocery store. I spent about $100 less than you at the store this morning but i don't have to feed ferals either. Cards, gift bags and tissue are not cheap anymore. I always seem to forget that one thing i needed as well but as you said we can improvise, right? I ended up getting 4 loaves of bread so I put 2 in the original bag in freezer bags so they should keep okay. I swear i deleted 2 of the loaves but oh well. While taking care of things I also knocked overr my big glass of ice water so I was mopping up the floor for a while. My T-Rex arms couldn't quite reach it on the other side of my island and out of my tiny hand it went. At least it was just water.

You are in the 90's already? That sounds hot. We were in the 50's yesterday and had rain off and on all day. I almost turned the heater back on last night but just slept with the heated mattress pad on so that worked.

Marty and a buddy of his went hiking this morning. I am working on laundry and was reading but found the Minions movies on and since they crack me up I doubt I'll get much reading done.

My neck, shoulder and back are irritated today; I think it's adjusting to working at my desk at work; I might have the PC too far back and I kept finding myself kind of leaning on the desk yesterday.

Not much planned for this weekend. i was going to make cookies today but now that sounds like work.

Take care. Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

i Almost finished 2 books this weekend finishing the last 60 pages today. We had a quiet weekend just grilled most of our meals and relaxed. It got hot here again today. I was going to go out and pick off dead flowers after work but the wind is blowing pretty bad so I’ll see what it’s like tomorrow.

Marty got a few more clients and will have sessions every day now except Saturday. He will be busy.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! We made it back from the beach late yesterday. A one-week vacation just goes way too fast! This was our first attempt at a family vacation, and it went extraordinarily well. We’re already planning one for next year, possibly in Destin. Matt and I will take our normal fall beach trip and probably another one around Christmas. We left for the beach the day after Christmas last year and I really think it helped me get through the holidays. I decided to only work 1/2 day today. Even working from home, it’s hard to go back to work after time off. I don’t think I’m going to get that coach bag I ordered on June 5. I got the order confirmation, but it has never hit my credit card and I haven’t heard anything else about it. I decided to research American made handbags, and ordered this one today Brynn Capella. It’s big, but I like that you can wear it different ways.

marcy-I hope your neck, back & shoulder get better. I’ve gotten so used to my setup at home, I hope I don’t have issues when I go back to the office. I read a book on the way home from the beach yesterday. I usually don’t read in the car, but it sure helped to pass the time!

dee*jay-are grocery bills ever going to go back down? I can’t believe how much we spend anymore! We need to go sometime this week because I have no fresh fruit or veggies. We ARE going to eat better. We were gluttons on vacation.

Have a great Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee it is rough going back to work after being on vacation. It sounds like you had a great time with your family. Your card may not charged for the Coach bag until it ships. I ordered some tongs from Pampered Chef maybe 6 weeks ago and I finally inquired about it and they were closed down that entire time. it supposedly arrives this week. The bag you ordered looks great as well. I’m with you on trying to buy things made in America. I hope you don’t have trouble adjusting to your desk at work. I tried to keep from leaning on my desk today and feel okay tonight. I noticed when I did kind of lean on my arms those spots reminded me not to do that. My crooked, arthritic fingers are sure gripping at me today. Groceries are definitely going up and I doubt they’ll go back down. I picked up some cherries. They have been good.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, it's awesome that Mary's business is doing so well! Pretty soon he'll want to quit his day job, ha ha.

Deegee, I'm glad your family vaca went great! And I like the new bag too, so you can't go wrong no matter which one you end up with.

It's windy here today but the temperature is good. Good my walk in early -- the first time in a few days though because we had other things going on. Saturday we went to Iowa for stuff with TR's family, Sunday I ended up doing some shopping and Father's Day stuff for TR, and yesterday I had a terrible sinus headache. By the time the drugs kicked in it looked like rain so I didn't want to chance it.

I've been working like mad on this annual review. The good news is I'm pretty motivated to get it done. The bad news is I've still got quite a ways to go... My plan is to go downtown tomorrow night and really crank on it for a few days.

OK, off to get ready for a 1 o'clock call with the IT guys.

Later gators!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure Marty wishes his gym could make enough money to replace his job; but I'm not sure that is going to happen. He is enjoying it though.

You had a busy weekend. Sorry to hear you had a sinus headache; those are not fun. Glad the drugs helped on that. Good deal you got your walk in first thing today.

I hope you get that annual review knocked out this week. It will be nice to have that done.

I was extremely bored at work today. I started thinking of pranks and obnoxious things to do to people. I told my sister I must have been bored a lot as a kid because I was always coming up with something obnoxious to do. No surprise she agreed with me.

The sun wasn't blazing on the west side of our house tonight when I got home so I went out and picked off dead flowers. Then I grilled aa burger for supper followed up by a mini cheesecake topped with cherries, cool whip and chocolate drizzle.

I am working from home tomorrow and Thurday. I plan on calling about my oiil change tomorrow as well.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few of my flowers
IMG_0085.JPG IMG_6918.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I survived working at home today. Some friends brought us all lunch from Olive Garden. I had 2 glasses of wine with lunch; I think I'll lift tomorrow night. :lol: We played cards which was fun. Marty was grilling himself a steak and forgot it until we were putting up the cribbage board. Needless to say he didn't eat that well done steak.

I hope you all had a great day.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, if I had two glasses of wine with lunch I'd be asleep by three, ha ha. Good idea to skip lifting.

I'm writing to you from my balcony downtown! I came down last night with a load of stuff and I'm set up to work from here today and tomorrow. They are putting up a 71 story building kitty corner from me and it is LOUD so my dreams of silence and tranquility in which to continue working on the annual review are not exactly panning out. Fortunately it's not too bad inside with the door closed and the A/C on. I have a call with someone from finance today to get that part of the annual review done and I hope she can't hear the noise.

I bought a mirror (a DIFFERENT mirror -- hopefully this one won't fall apart when I try to hang it!) and I like the shape (it's oval) but I'm thinking it might be a little too small. I'm also thinking I'm worn out with this whole decorating process and might just hang it anyway and get on with my life, LOL.

My office sent out a message yesterday and we are officially not going back to the office until at least Labor Day. I had a call with my boss and begged for one single solitary day in the office all by myself, but no dice. Damn. Oh well; there's nothing I can do about it.

OK, off to the salt mines!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, working on your balcony sounds relaxing. Darn the pesky construction noise though; we've got the last group of houses going up behind us now and those guys are working as early as 6 am sometimes. I will be glad when that is done; too bad all those houses are blocking my view of the horizon. It's taken them about 8 years to fill in these couple of blocks and we were the first house built in here.

Sounds like you are making progress on the annual review. Woo hoo!!!

I like oval mirrors too; I hope this one works and isn't a pain to hang.

Your office must be really locked down if you can't go in to work for one day. Wow that they want everyone to work at home through labor day. Unusual times for sure.

I'm on day 2 of my 2 day a week work at home. One of my employees sent me a text early today saying he'd be late because they found graffiti sprayed all over their sidewalk and eggs thrown all over one of his daughter's window. He called the police so it must have been bad. This poor guy seems to have a storm cloud over his head all the time.

I got to use a line from Mash on Marty a while ago. He's been downstairs on calls since before I got up. He came upstairs in his robe and barefoot. I said "come on Klinger, put on a dress. It's almost noon." :lol: He forgot I was working from home today and didn't get out any clothes from his dresser last night thus wearing his robe.

I need to go dig the shipping box out of the trash to find the receipt to my Pampered Chef order; we didn't get the large tongs I ordered. Grr. Marty unpacked the box yesterday and i wasn't paying attention to what he took out of the box.

I'm making mini meatloaves and baked potatoes for lunch. I am pretty hungry today; I honestly didn't eat much yesterday. And since I don't plan on drinking my lunch i should be able to lift today.

I also MUST get my July article done for the newspaper.

Have a great day!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

A lovely hail storm rolled through here this afternoon. Our flowers took a beating. The pictures were taken about 90 minutes after the storm rolled through. The plants should perk up in a few days. Our trees got pretty beat up too. It looked like snow in this part of town.

Not much going on this weekend. Marty is going on a hike with some of his clients. i am engrossed in a series of 10 books so will probably spend lots of time reading. I need to get the club newsletter done too.

Take care.
Curby

IMG_1139.JPG IMG_5641.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, wow that's some hail -- in the middle of JUNE no less! What is the series you're reading? I'm skipping around from one thing to another book-wise right now. I wish something would really catch my attention...

So my few days downtown was productive in some ways, but not in one of the main ways I wanted it to be. Progress on the annual review continues, so YAY for that! But I had the appliance people come out to look at my stackable washer/dry, which shakes like 6.9 on the Richter scale in the spin cycle, and of course the thing worked perfectly while the guy was there. I put another load in as soon as he left and it went nuts again. This time I took a video. Not sure why I didn't think to do that before I called them the first time... Anyway, I've got a 90 day warranty on the service so I need to call and get them back out. What a PITA.

A few things I finally did while at my place: Clean the vent above the master bath vanity because it was fuzzy with dust (and WHY didn't the painter do that when he painted? obviously he didn't take that vent cover on in the process!), hang the oval mirror (I decided to just go with the one I bought, although I first hung it on the hooks we put into the wall for the original mirror and had to redo them about 6" higher), and use stainless steel cleaner on my kitchen appliances. In doing that I first thought I had a scratch on my dishwasher front... and then I realized it was a mark on the clear plastic protective covering that has never been taken off! :lol: I thought about it for a while and decided to just leave it for now, LOL.

Yesterday the people who had rented the place when I first bought it texted me and said they were coming to town to clean out the other unit they ended up renting in my building after they moved out of mine. Our timing never worked out before for them them to see the reno, so they popped down for a minuteto take a look. They loved it (or at least they said they did).

TR is going to have the ferals starting next Thursday for about 10 days. I will likely decamp at some point in that period once again. I also ordered some more tile for my kitchen backsplash (I laid it out last night and was short by ONE tile -- UGH). There is going to be some cutting involved so I also ordered wheeled glass snips (whatever the hell that is!) and I'm going to make this a project. There are other things too, but if could get the backsplash up I think I'd consider it a win.

OK, off to find some allergy pills because now that I'm back at TR's the *nature* is gettin' me good. A-choo!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am reading an 11 book series about Jack Noble. He's a former marine, turned CIA, turned FBI then private contractor who basically a hired assassin. They have a lot of action. I go through spells where I read a lot of I do like series.

Our flowers and trees do look pretty beat up today. Stupid hail.

It sounds to me like you got a lot of things done at your place. Speaking of dust that reminds me I need Marty to take our light fixtures down in the bathroom so I can wash them. i swear our cleaning lady has worse vision than I do. Glad the new oval mirror worked for you and LOL the plastic cover was still on your dishwasher; it always takes me a while to figure that out myself.

I bet the people who lived in your place were amazed at the difference. I remember seeing pictures of our last house they staged to sell it; I was like holy cow that looks different.

10 days of the ferals? I would almost think it would be easier just to adjust to having them around all the time. Good thing you can decamp when you want.

Your backsplash project will be fun. That sucks to be short one tile. I hope the glass snips work okay; Marty used a tile cutter but I think that was for the floor I don't remember how he cut the backsplash when he did it at our last house. Good luck!

I echo your allergy A Choo!!! Stupid allergies.

I stayed up a bit later than normal last night to finish book 5 of that series. Marty and some of his clients went on a 1.8 mile hike today. I read, worked on laundry and made chocolate chip cookies. Marty got home about 1:30. We went out to eat, washed my car and picked up some things. The excitement-o-meter is not budging much here at Chez Curby.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-the flowers were lovely, and that hail is crazy! I hope your car was not outside. I haven’t planted any flowers at all, so shame on me. My big accomplishment was calling the landscaper last week. I’d love to have everything pulled out and start over because the people who built this house WAY over landscaped. I do plan to have a lot of it removed and replaced with fewer things. I keep forgetting that orders are taking so long to ship! Would you believe the very next day after I ordered the other bag, I got a shipping notification on the coach bag? I am either going to be selfish and keep them both, or give the coach bag to mom. That’s sad about your employee and the vandalism to his home. I just don’t understand this world these days. Marty does sound like he’s getting quite a few clients. Is he still working his other job, or has this one taken over? I’ll have to check out that book series. I’ve been reading the JD Robb In Death series because there are so many of them! I read a few of those, read other things, watch a Netflix series, and then go back to those books.

Dee*Jay-the most annoying thing I sometimes hear when I’m out on the deck is the sound of the ATVs up in the hills behind our house and along the ridge. It’s a great hiking trail and it’s really wild and gorgeous, so I can see why people want to ride their ATVs up there. Its mostly very quiet where I live. I swear, I’m going to do a backsplash project. You MUST post pictures, and tell me that it was easy peasy! Once the landscaping re-do is finished, I want to pick out a new front door and get rid of the storm door. The previous owners neglected to remove that protective plastic that you speak of, and it has turned a really nasty color after being outside for who knows how long, and now I can’t peel it off. Of course, I’ll be asking for front door opinions when the time comes! The former occupants had to have loved your apartment transformation, because it’s amazing!!

I have had a heckuva migraine that put me out of commission for nearly 4 days. Wowza! I haven’t had one like this in 2 years. I remember it well... end of July 2018. Today I have that post migraine thing where my hair is sensitive, light hurts and my vision is off. My return to the office date has been moved out to mid-July because of the big increase in cases in our county. I am so ready to get back to the office! I need my routine back. I have a big quarterly RMD batch mailing to get out by July 15, and I’m going to have to coordinate it remotely with a mixture of people both in and out of the office. It’s going to be interesting! I can’t go to the office right now anyway because I traveled to North Carolina and haven’t been back for 14 days yet. Phooey. Have a great rest of the weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee, my car was at work but luckily we didn't have hail on that side of town. My car has been hit with maybe 1.25 inch hail and didn't dent so hopefully I'll remain that lucky. Nice that you are getting 2 new bags. I am sure your mom would like the Coach if you decide not to keep it. Good idea to have some landscaping done. It's hard to tell when you plant things how overgrown they will look down the road. We had some bushes at our last house that sure needed cut back multiple times. My employee seemed to think the vandalism at his house was from some former friends of his daughter. I wouldn't want to be a kid these days.

I will have to check out the JD Robb series.

That is rather unusual the former owners didn't remove the clear plastic on the storm door; I imagine it has fused on by now. A new door and backsplash sound like fun projects.

Oh no to having a bad migraine; hopefully you'll feel way better tomorrow. I know what you mean about getting back to your routine; I was just getting used to being in the office and working from the opposite end of my cube and now am working at home 2 days a week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Sunday. I have the July newsletter almost done. I lifted this morning. I had my haircut at noon. I told her to cut the length below my ears; sadly my new dangle earrings still don't show. it was super windy when i left the salon but it looks like she only cut 2 layers so it looks poofy to me. I'll see what it looks like after I wash it. She missed some ends under my mask so I snipped those off when I got home - let's hope those are straight. LOL. Back to my book.

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-hows your hair today? My haircut lady always dries my hair weird. She uses a round brush that it too small and I come out of there with a ‘do nothing like I fix it. I have an appointment tomorrow for my roots and I’m trying to decide whether to get it cut or let it grow. Yes, that plastic is definitely fused to the screen door! I discovered the problem when I was trying to clean the frame and it wasn’t looking any better. Good job getting your newsletter about finished. I spent a lot of time with my 17 yr old niece at the beach, and it would definitely be rough to be a kid these days. Other kids can be so vicious. I wouldn’t fit in because I’m as much an antisocial person on social media as I am in real life! I never realized how much I need a routine. Not so much for work stuff, but for taking my walks and eating healthy. At work, I can take 2 great walks during break and lunch. At home... my neighborhood consists of 3 dead-end streets, one of which is on a steady incline and the other is just plain up a steep hill. To get a mile, I have to walk each street 3 times and I just got tired of it. Since I lost that momentum, I haven’t been going to the park after work. It’s a vicious cycle! Then again, it’s been raining a lot...

I had a bad case of the blahs yesterday. I did a whole lot of nothing all day. At least I was productive work-wise today. Part of the deck furniture I ordered in early May was delivered today. Just the arms! They didn’t send a shipment notification, so I’m hoping the rest of it will show up soon. Matt is already dreading the “some assembly required”! I threw a load of laundry in after work and I’m hoping the rain will let up long enough for a walk. I’m going to try broiling steaks for dinner. Wish me luck on that! Have a wonderful evening!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results