carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, isn't it frustrating when you're waiting for a piece of bling? It's like time strettttttches... Your rainstorm sounds terrible! I'm always amazed at your weather, LOL.

Today I got up and went for a walk since I'd skipped the last two days. I started about an hour later than usual, but it was OK. I've got a call with my boss in about 15 minutes. This one might even be worse than yesterday. One of the things that came out of that call was he wanted me to get a longer extension for the regulatory filing we have to do. I called the person who emailed me the original extension and we had a looooong chat, most of it personal. I think this guy is just starved for contact with people that aren't his family, ha ha. Anyway, along the course of the conversation he mentioned that there's a thing that companies like mine tend to screw up. As he outlined it I realized we were totally going to do it wrong. Well the RIGHT way to do it is a TON more work. He also said that this time (i.e., in this 5 year cycle) they were going to pay a lot more attention to that and reach out to companies that they felt did it incorrectly, which would result in a DOUBLE TON more work to REdo it. When I tell my boss this he's going to go Off The Rails. I wonder what it will be like job hunting in this environment... ?! :lol:

Off to unload the dishwasher while I wait for my phone to ring. Oh joy.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I missed your birthday! I’m such a dip sometimes. Belated Happy Birthday! Hailstorms always freak me out. I was able to get off the road and mostly under an overhang last time. My car was brand new then and I was so relieved I found a good spot for shelter. I’m glad your beautiful ride wasn’t damaged! My work hours are 8-4. We get a 30 minute paid lunch, and anything longer requires staying later. Before I switched jobs, I worked 10-12 hour days and didn’t think much about it. With my new non-manager job, my lunch stays under 30 minutes and I get out of there at 4! (still no word about when they are going to start bring us back) Bummer that it’s going to take so long to get your ring. Everything is taking so long these days!

Dee*Jay-oh no for the arguments with your boss! Matt’s company is low on work right now because and a lot of people have either been laid off or on reduced schedules. Matt’s project came in hot and heavy a few weeks ago, so he’s been back to full schedule for several weeks. Only problem is that not many people are working right now, so his boss is micromanaging him. He can’t get work done because his boss calls 4 times or more a day. That would drive me nuts.

I had a rough couple of days after our accident, but I’m feeling some better today. I have pain and swelling in my back, neck and shoulder leftover from my big wreck years ago, and I expected that to be worse for a few days. I did not expect the foot pain! I must have wanted to be part of your foot pain club!! I’m thinking I braced with that foot when I saw we were going to get hit. We haven’t taken a good walk the last few days, but we did go to the park for our 10k step walk today. I have really good walking shoes and I’m hoping it won’t hurt worse later. Tonight we’re having chicken enchiladas and rice for dinner. And why not...chips and salsa too. Not super healthy, but I don’t care anymore! Have a great evening.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes time drags when waiting for new jewelry. Darn. I did wear my new dangles today so that helped. Our weather is amazing but it never surprises me anymore. Guess I’ll turn on my lane assist next time I can’t see where the heck I’m going.

Is your foot doing better? Glad you went for a walk this morning.

Oh no that the regulatory filing will require a tone more work than expected. How did your boss take that news? Hopefully your conversation was smoother with him today.

Deegee, thank you for the birthday wishes. I appreciate it. I am glad both of our pretty cars survived the hail storms. Sadly we get a lot of hail here. That’s very nice you get a 30 minute lunch included in your 8 hours and that’s very sweet you can leave after 8 hours. Yes, things are taking longer now.

That is great Matt has a project to work on but darn his boss is micromanaging him.

I was worried you’d be really sore for quite a while after your accident. That kind of makes sense about your foot that you braced for impact with it. That’s nice to join the sore foot club with me and Dee Jay but we wouldn’t wish it on you at all.

Your supper sounds delicious. I like chicken enchiladas.

I did drive home in the rain today but at least there wasn’t any hail. Woo hoo!!!

I met a friend of mine for lunch in a restaurant. What a treat!

I crocheted a bunch of ties tonight for my masks. I like tying them on better than putting the elastic behind my ears.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee, I'm not sure how to accurately describe my boss's "management style." He'll hand something to me and say "do this" and then when he checks in he's like "I don't want it done like that." Well... if you had an opinion as to HOW it should be done you should have told me from the beginning.

Curby, I think my foot is better-ish. Being cautious here -- I think it's too early to declare victory, LOL. My boss did not take the info on the filing well. I'll leave it at that. After my call with him I talked with two more people yesterday who, of their own accord, said that he was super pissy yesterday.

The last thing I will say on the boss front for today is that I am going to update my resume. No joke. I hope I won't need it, but I'm not going to be caught flat-footed if it comes to that.

My walk this morning was rather miserable. The temp was only 72 or so, but it was soooo humid and hazy/sunny (if that makes any sense). I was sweating like mad when I got home! My shower plan today didn't include washing my hair but it was so disgusting out that I did it anyway.

The ferals are being a little loud today. The past two days they have been AWESOME; so quiet and almost self-sufficient except for lunch. Here's to hoping for day 3 in a row (except for the minor loudness that I just shut down) because I need to do some serious work today.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-humidity gets me more than heat! I feel like I’m walking through a veil of thick air and I’m way more tired. Plus I hate to drip sweat! I am so lucky that my boss has always been really hands off with me. She trusts that I get stuff done with pretty much no management. I send her updates on what I’m working on and that’s about it. I DO get stuff done and would never give her reason not to trust me.

Marcy-I’m glad you got to meet with a friend at a restaurant. I hope to never take that for granted again. We ate at a local Italian restaurant this week. They have 11 tables, and 5 were blocked off. 2 tables were set up outside, and one poor woman was running herself ragged taking care of all of us. The owner and one other person were making the food and trying to help her. The funny thing is, we ate at that same restaurant the evening before lockdown. The owner knew it would be takeout only for a while and he gave us a ton of food and desserts. That’s a great idea to crochet ties for the masks. Matt says he has a big head and masks are uncomfortable on his ears. I may see if he wants me to try to modify something for him.

We have taken a couple of walks around the neighborhood today, but no good walks. My foot is aching so I’m giving it a rest, and it’s in the 90’s and very humid outside. I noticed last night that I have random bruises on my legs too from that accident. Matt really won’t want to be with me going out in shorts, looking like I’ve been kicked and limping! I have a new project to get started on at work and I spent this afternoon fighting with SharePoint to get it set up. I left my SharePoint for Dummies book at work, so it was all trial and error. But I got it! We’re having pork roast and veggies for dinner. Yesterday I didn’t care, but today I’m thinking I really HAVE to start eating better! Have a great evening!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, I'm with you on the humidity being worse than the heat! I just hate the feeling of swimming through the air. Ugh. Last night around 6 or 7 I was outside talking to TR in the driveway and it was really pleasant out. I thought, damn, I should have waited 12 hours to take me walk, LOL. This morning wasn't as bad as yesterday, but I am still glad to have it done.

I keep debating going to Costco... I need to return 3 of the 5 skorts I ordered online and they don't have any more of the size I want (now that I have figured out what that is!) but they might have them in the store. I'd get other things there too of course (like prosecco!) but I hesitate to go to a store right now "for no good reason." If I do go I think it would be this afternoon rather than over the weekend. We'll see...

My plan today is to go through all of my emails and get everything cleared out and done (as much as i can) so I can start a hard focus on the annual review. Our law firm did schedule a call this afternoon to talk about My Favorite Regulatory Filing (NOT) and I'm sure that will be just a laugh a minute.

Hope I don't jinx myself here, but the ferals have been really good this entire week. Still looking forward to them going home though, which won't happen until Sunday. And I really hope the water situation at their new house is fixed because otherwise I can see TR saying, oh, they'll just stay here until that's resolved.

OK, off to keep on keepin' on!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have recommendations for a good crossbody bag? My regular bag is too big and I’ve found it’s nice to downsize when going out now, plus a crossbody stays close. My crossbody is too small. I need to carry 2 pr glasses (full prescription and one for over my contacts for distance & up close), wallet, inhaler, work badge, hand sanitizer, mask, phone, a bag with a variety of eye drops, and a few other small things. I can’t fit all that it my current crossbody. I prefer leather, but any durable material will do. It seems like you’ve mentioned brands before, but I can’t remember them!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I bought a bag at the Coach outlet a long time ago when I was going somewhere (Cuba maybe... ) and wanted to be able to secure stuff as much as possible. I'm sure they no longer have the exact style, but they do tend to be pretty consistent so they likely have something similar. Also, their bags tend to have adjustable straps, which is important to me since I'm only 5 feet tall! That way too, if you want to wear a bag cross-body you can lengthen it, and if you wanted to just carry it regular on your shoulder you could shorten it and it wouldn't be half way down to your knees. So that's my 2 cents -- Coach outlet!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Brilliant dee*jay! I found one I liked on the coach outlet website. It was super cheap at 75% off, so I ordered it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brilliant dee*jay! I found one I liked on the coach outlet website. It was super cheap at 75% off, so I ordered it.

Oooooh! Can you post a link? I haven't bought much in the past three months so now I'm thinking I "need" some new things. My trip to Costco did happen BTW. I somehow ended up spending $300+, but to be fair I got 80 bottle of wine/prosecco and a bunch of clothes (half of which will go back). That's about as much "normal" as I can handle for one day, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, your boss’s management style sounds similar to mine. Makes it such fun, eh? Glad to hear your foot is better-ish. Sometimes that is the best we can hope for. And that your boss can be pissy makes him sound more like my boss. It’s never a bad idea to keep your resume updated. Nice the ferals have keep the noise down to a small roar. I am with you and Deegee humidity is worse than heat. Living where we have low humidity it really smacks me in the face. What’s that? Wow you are stocked up on wine and prosecco for a while. I’ll be there sometime tomorrow. I ventured to the grocery store this morning. Such an adventure these days. How did the meeting go on your favorite regulatory filing? You need an adult beverage after that for sure.

Deegee, now your boss sounds like a dream. In a way my boss pretends to leave me alone and trust me to do things but then micromanages and grumbles that’s not how I’d do it. Glad you enjoyed dining in the Italian restaurant and kind of ironic it was the last place you ate before house arrest. All the restaurants we have dined in are definitely not running with full staff. There is a video I saw that still cracks me up about how waitresses will serve you from 6 feet; this lady stands at the blue line and throws things on your table. Plates and glasses break, stuff goes flying; it is pretty funny. I did like the ties on my mask a lot. A friend just made me a mask with a cord you can cinch up but the cord is kind of nasty so I might see what I can use in place of the cord and try that. The elastic over your ears gets old especially with glasses. I hope your foot gets better and the bruises go away. Glad to hear you’ve mastered SharePoint. I like Coach, Fossil and Tumi. After getting some nylon Tumi bags the leather bags seem heavy and those nylon bags don’t show wear and tear like leather.

I have to tell you ladies Marty said he was proud of me yesterday. We were coming home from supper and he was following me. We turn north on the road to our house and it is going up a hill so I put my car in sport plus and punched it and well my Curbymobile didn’t disappoint. When we got home and got out of our cars he said; that’s the first time I’ve ever been proud of how you drove your car.

Since I had today off I ran several errands, took lunch to Marty at the gym then came home and finished the new Micheal Connelly book - Dee Jay it is about a serial killer.

Not much going no this weekend. I skipped lifting last night since we went out to supper so I’ll do it tomorrow or Sunday. Now that I’m back in the office I think I’ll switch back to weekends and Wednesday night.

Take care. Have a great weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I'm proud of you too! Vroom Vroom!!! BTW, I meant to say EIGHT, not EIGHTY, bottles of wine/prosecco. Oops -- Freudian slip!

This morning I got up before 7, put on my walking clothes, made it downstairs, and decided NOT to go for a walk. My knees are really sore today, thanks I think to the squats and lunges I did yesterday after my walk. Not even a lot of them -- just a few to see how it felt! My knees actually feel better now so maybe if it's nice later on this evening I will go. Yet to be determined.

So, since I didn't go for a walk, I went for a drive instead! I was leaving the neighborhood and passed TR going in the other direction (he went to the store to get a bolt he needed for Tranny) and he asked me to come back and lever the alternator so he could put everything back to together. I turned around and did that, and then went and got my pollen covered baby washed, and finally had a nice long drive. It was glorious!

TR is making a ham for lunch today. Not sure why that bug got up his a$$, but fine with me! It's a meal I don't have to think about myself, and the last time he did one (on Easter) it was really good AND the ferals ate it without complaint. A while ago I got a box of Red Lobster cheesy biscuit mix and I keep forgetting about, but I dug it out of the back of the pantry and I'm going to make it today.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks for being proud of me; Marty drives my car like he stole it; i generally don't. :lol:

8 bottles of wine makes way more sense; I was very impressed at the price for 80 bottles.

Glad to hear your knees were better; did you go for a walk? Your squats and lungs would make your knees sore. I ran more errands today and will lift tomorrow morning.

Nice you helped TR get his alternator put back together then went for a glorious drive. At least your car is clean now; my car is filthy. Maybe I'll get it washed tomorrow.

Good deal that ham appeases the ferals for lunch. Those Red Lobster biscuits are tasty. We have an 8 pound honey baked ham in the freezer downstairs; neither of us eat ham that often so I hate to thaw it out. Someday when we can socialize again my pot luck contribution is going to be a honey baked ham.

I picked up the shoes they ordered in for me today, did laundry and realized my quick pick Mega Millions ticket for 20 draws was not in my purse. I called the customer service desk and she knew right way I was talking about so I said I'd come get it but she couldn't find it. The guy who had it this morning went home sick and wasn't answering his phone. Supposedly they'll call me tomorrow morning.

I'm restless and bored today. I started another book but can't get in to it yet.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Darn it's Sunday already. Now that I am going in to the office that matters all of a sudden. LOL. I slept until after 7 but resisted getting up until 7:30. Yay for phones and iPads to entertain me.

So far these new Brooks feel great on my feet. I may have to order more of them.

My paranoia has set in with a lotto ticket. I bought some lottery tickets Friday; one quick pick of 4 different lotteries then one quick pick for 20 draws on Mega Millions. They never gave me my ticket for the 20 draws on MM. I just picked up the tickets on the counter and put them in my purse. Yesterday i dug the tickets out of my purse and realized that $60 ticket was missing so I called the store. They reassured me they knew exactly what I was talking about and I could come get my ticket. I go right over and the gal I talked to can't find it anywhere. The morning guy had found it and was going to put it somewhere. He went home sick and wasn't answering his phone - all day. I called again about 7 last night and was told the same story. This morning they called me and said "we found your ticket". I go pick it up and it was printed TODAY minutes after they called me. it's definitely not my oriiginal ticket. If they couldn't find it why not admit that to me and say here is a replacement? The biggest winners from Friday's drawing won about $3500 then assorted lesser amounts down to $2. if i read in the paper someone locally won $3500 or $2400 on MM I am really going to be suspicious. They usually don't announce anything under $10,000 though.

My ruby band is ready to ship. I can't stay home this week since I am filling in for my one employee who is the sole person in her department now. i told them to ship it to me at work; I hope the company doesn't have COVID restrictions on personal packages shipped to work. I was planning on asking tomorrow but the jeweler called me today. She said it was a 6.75 instead of 7 so they made it a 7.25; hopefully it fits my right hand fine.

Marty is grilling lunch for us now. Best get that done before the afternoon thunderstorms move in.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-oh no for the lotto ticket! That stinks! I’d be suspicious too. Surely they know you’d see when the ticket they gave you was printed. Matt tells people I drive like a grandma and a big engine is wasted on me. I generally don’t punch it unless I’m on the interstate, but I have a tendency to speed unless I use cruise control! I hope your band fits. I haven’t worn rings in so long, I don’t even thinking of putting them on anymore. I sure hope I can get back in the habit when the time comes. I’m glad you like your new shoes. I’m thinking I have a pair of walking shoes in that brand that I completely wore out.

Dee*Jay-I hope your knees are feeling better! I miss the days where I could do stuff and my body didn’t complain the next day. I was wondering if you we’re having a big ole party with all that wine! Glad you clarified that quantity. Here’s the bag I bought Coach outlet bag. I ordered an olive green color that is no longer available. Glad I got to it on Friday! If it doesn’t work for me, I’ll pass it along to my mom or nieces. I think the strap may be a little short for a crossbody, even set to the longest length. I’m 5’8. They never complain about getting my stuff!

We had a workday at mom’s yesterday, and it was so hot! We helped with her garden, and we pulled the old pool cover off and installed a tension cover that I hope will be less worry going forward. We haven’t opened the pool since dad died, but mom is out there every day draining and dipping water from the pool cover, and skimming leaves off the top. I always worry about her leaning over to dip out water, getting lightheaded and falling in. This should alleviate that need altogether! Today we took a long walk at the park, and then later went to Kohl’s, Target and out to eat. We’re leaving for a family beach vacation next Sunday and I need some clothes! It seemed like Kohl’s didn’t refresh their inventory and everything was what they had out for spring when the lockdown suddenly happened. I haven’t pulled any of my summer clothes out and I was being lazy...buy new! I guess I’ll have to dig through what I have in storage. I have an eye appt in the morning, and my eye dr is right across the street from my office. I may stop in and use that database I haven’t been able to access from home. Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I would totally be suspicious of the lotto ticket thing! Is there another place you can buy them from going forward? The ham and biscuits wasn't as big a hit and TR and I had hoped. The youngest feral complained that the ham had a weird taste. They ate the biscuits and said they were good, but I think they should have stayed in the oven another minute or two.

Deegee, I like that bag a lot! Hopefully with the strap fully extended it will be long enough. Not a problem Shorty here has ever had, haha! I really like the greens that Coach does, especially the olive. Not sure why I've never gotten one in that color; I guess I always default to the boring black.

Yesterday I got my walk in early and then spent some time helping TR with Tranny, including two trips to the auto supply store. It was very hot and totally sunny and when TR took his T-shirt off last night his body is bright white and his neck is lobster read. Oh my.

When TR took the ferals home I gave the kitchen a good cleaning, including scrubbing the hell out of the cooktop. Bosch's site had a video using a razor scraper to get burned-on stuff off, but I wasn't brave enough to go at the top with a razor! The cleaning stuff I used worked pretty well. I think it's probably just Soft Scrub in a fancy bottle, but since that's what I had, that's what I used. Not 100%, but it turned out pretty good.

This morning's walk was warm and sunny but not too bad overall. I have a bunch of tankini tops that look pretty much like regular tank tops. Maybe I'll try wearing one of those because the working tanks I've been wearing are giving me a weird tan since they are so high on the chest. Not that my goal is to get really brown, but if I don't do something soon I'm going to get up with some weird lines that I won't be able to fix for the rest of the summer!

OK, off to shower and then to look some stuff over. TR is probably going to come home for lunch and then I've got a 1 o'clock call.

Later gators!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

TR found someone to put a new radio in his car, which is not as much for music purposes as it is for talking purposes because he can use his phone hands free with the bluetooth. We went over there last night and the guy worked on it for a few hours and Voila! That was a good thing because some stuff has been a bigger hassle than TR anticipated with this car so I was thrilled to see something go well!

This morning I took a hot sunny walk. Glad it's out of the way though because now it's raining out there like someone should be building an ark. Not sure what tomorrow may bring, but I have a suspicion that I might not get my 10K steps in.

Ikea near me has finally opened! I have A BIG return, and I'm trying to figure out if I can get it done on Friday morning. It would be awesome to get there as the doors open, unload, and get back out. I also want to go to At Home and get a big mirror for over my dresser downtown, but I'm not sure if it will fit in my SUV so TR might have to be a part of that process. I think when we take the ferals home on Saturday we're just going to keep going down to my place and get some more things done. Maybe, if the old dog sitter is available, we can even figure out a way to spend the night.

OK, off to do a bunch of work that should have been done already!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-your comment about the razor scraper brought back childhood memories. Our kitchen had a white ceramic cooktop that had to have ridiculously special care, including special cleaners and a razor scraper tool. Dad didn’t want any of us to touch it for fear we’d scratch it. Everybody hated using it because there was always a spill, and that cooktop was the biggest pain! When do we get to see pictures of your place? I hope you and TR get to spend some time there. I remember it having awesome views of the city.

Hi Marcy!

I ended up going into the office after my eye appointment yesterday morning and worked the rest of the day there. Not only could I use the database I needed, the speed of everything was incredibly fast. No watching things spin! There were maybe 5 employees there, and the cleaning crew was just getting started with their deep cleaning. I won’t be going back this week because the chemicals really trigger my asthma. I’m off today - Primary Election Day! I’m waiting for Matt to finish working, and then we’ll head to the polling place. I slept in and then have done a whole lot of nothing. It’s 94 and SO miserably humid outside. We took Lily for a walk around the neighborhood and it was miserable. A neighbor kid stopped us to chat, and of course the heat doesn’t bother a kid! I had planned to go through my extra clothes closet today to find warm weather clothes, but that closet is in Matt’s office and he’s been in meetings all day. His job does NOT sound fun AT ALL. I’m giving serious thought to running the vacuum cleaner if I can make myself get off the couch. I dunno... maybe a nap instead. Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some before and after pics of the kitchen. You can’t tell from these, but the pass through from the kitchen into the dining room doubled in size, which made a HUGE difference!

30C71B27-5B77-4D8A-BDE4-F15987C19E64.jpeg
1CE0005D-48BD-4A7A-8593-2D128599752E.jpeg 65A967C9-6E11-4BD9-A2FB-81CC32DC12B0.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
811F2F4F-2909-4379-9E53-7112F7503886.jpeg 2E6B0DAF-2301-496E-B28D-9E3C214FB477.jpeg B507C848-BFD2-44CE-9DA3-E602D00DDCA4.jpeg
These are the living room and bedroom currently.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A015837D-ADFF-4FD3-8B68-B618933DD956.jpeg A8B0ACAF-5F92-44D0-A9AF-9A6C443100D3.jpeg
A couple of the balcony. This is the furniture I spent an ungodly amount of time cleaning a few weeks ago!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also replaced the master bathroom vanity, mirror and fixture, but I can't find an "after" pics at the moment....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FEC9CC4F-8BF1-4538-88EC-F90FD038A5CB.jpeg 0C743883-758B-46E6-B268-ADA5D1D77CE5.jpeg
Here’s one of the new dining room track with the hanging pendants. I need to do some serious moving around of these fixtures, but it hasn’t happened yet...

And here is the dining room“hole” from the living room side. It was so tiny before!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting those pictures! It’s absolutely GORGEOUS! You have such awesome taste. I love the changes to the kitchen. It looks so modern and sleek. Your balcony is awesome. I’m glad you were able to get that furniture cleaned because it looks so perfect out there. The colors you used for everything are my favorites...soothing. Love it!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee I wouldn’t have been suspicious about my lottery ticket if they’d just told me hey we can’t find your other ticket - here is a new one. Oh well, maybe my new one will be the big winner. How can you not tend to speed in your cool SUV? Thank goodness for cruise control, eh? I did get my band today; it is actually a little loose but not bad plus my rings are a little tight in the morning. I am sure your mom or nieces will enjoy your new Coach bag. Good idea to get a new cover on the pool so your mom doesn’t have to deal with it. Darn that Kohl’s hasn’t updated their inventory to summer clothes. A family beach vacation sounds fabulous. I hope your eye appointment went well. I need to make us both eye appointments. Nice you stopped by the office and access the database you needed.

Dee Jay your place looks fabulous! I agree with what Deegee said; the kitchen renovation looks sleek and modern. The balcony is fabulous and love your view. You have great taste. I can buy lottery tickets lots of places, from now on I am going to make sure I have all my tickets before leaving. Darn that the ham and biscuits weren’t as tasty as expected. Biscuits do sound great. Oh no TR got sunburnt working on his car. Good deal he got a radio that works with his phone. I had a flattop stop at our last house and yes razor blades do help clean stuff off and it does not scratch it. I usually had resort to that after multiple scrubbing and cleanings. Your heavy rain probably moved on from here the other night. Look out though we had snow in the mountains around here last night. Sweat an IKEA opened near you.

As I mentioned we had snow very near here last night; it rained and hailed hard here about bedtime. Marty slept through it all. The city on the other side of the mountains had so much wet, heavy snow lots of trees broke. It looks like they had a lot of damage. Our high today was in the 50’s and it’s super windy. My ring showed up a day early after being sized. Woo hoo! I have been filing in for one of my employees this week (the department that now has 1 employee). I rarely do their work so felt like I was really slow at it yesterday but felt better about it today.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, thanks for the kind words about my place! I will admit to one big (literally) design mistake that I may get around to fixing at some point... The sofas that you see are Four Feet Deep. They are also not placed in the position I'd originally envisioned. The room is too small for furniture that deep. I mean, I am perfectly OK with it, but when I go to sell people will thing the space is a lot narrower than it really is because of those pieces.

Curby, I can't believe you're still/already getting snow!!! I also had a flat cooktop at my boathouse in Michigan, but I think we used it about 3 times and it never got really messy. I'm surprised and how hard it is to clean stuff off of this one! Still too scared to use the razor though. Plus, that would be a toss up of what would happen first: me ruining the surface or me cutting myself up and having to decide if it was worth risking covid to make a trip to the ER!

Yesterday my motivat-o-meter went downhill for several hours after lunch, but then it kicked in again late and I worked until about 10. No walk this morning because, even though the rain had stopped by then, TR said it was gross and sticky out and I've already had one of those kinds of walks lately. Ick. I've gotten a lot more organizing done today, although not a lot of actual productivity. Calls this afternoon with my boss (just shoot me now), Big Bros / Big Sis (I NEVER hear from my little!), and or department happy hour (which has been canceled the last two weeks so no idea if it's going to happen today either).

In stupid news, I did something AGAIN that I do with alarming regularity. At Costco the other day they had these super cute seersucker pants. I bought both colors and two sizes. After trying them on I decided to go with the bigger size (even though I could tell already that the waist was too big). Then of course I cut the tags off and washed them. Well today I wore them... for about an hour... No dice. Hello Salvation Army! I'm currently wearing the smaller size (with the tags still on!!!) and I think they are going to be fine. But this is Typical Dee! I often buy things that turn out to be too big just because I don't like things tight, and then I underestimate how much stuff stretches. You'd think I'd learn...

OK, off to do some work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty would love 4 feet deep sofas; my feet wouldn't touch the floor. Yours probably don't either. I was wondering how soon you'd be thinking of selling the place. Yes, stuff does get really crusted on top of those flat top stoves but I did like it. The best cleaner we found was something that Lowes sold; it had a scrubby pad / sponge stored in the top with a cleaner in a can. It seemed to work great. I'd often just soak the spot first with some soapy water and that really helped it but those single sided razor blades did come in handy at times and I never cut myself with those - and you know my tendancy to mame myself with knives and scissors. LOL. Glad your motivat-o-meter kicked in and you got so much done yesterday. No a walk in sticky, humid weather is not relaxing or enjoyable. That is too bad your little sister never keeps in touch with you. That's too bad you cut the tags off the pants and can't return them now. It's hard to tell how things will work until you have worn them and washed them. I am so bad about not returning things too.

My fill in work was smoother today. I had it and my normal work done by 10:30 this morning. I have some afternoon stuff to finish but that's it. My boss is home sick today so it's quiet around here. I may have to swap my PC & phone around with my TV so I can social distance from a guy on the other side of the cube farm here. He came in today. Where he was before definitely was more than 6 feet from me but now he moved directly across from me. I asked him when he started and his boss said according to the chart I am supposed to set in the other end of my double cube. What's stupid is if that's the case his entire row has to move one cube over; if they'd left them where they were we were all spread out. Common sense is a rare commodity these days. I met a friend for lunch. It was my belated B Day lunch so I had wine. Mmm. I will be lifting tonight. Maybe I'll add another pound to my deadlighting.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm with you on the deep sofas and my feet not touching the floor! Even with a bunch of throw pillows behind me my lefts and feet stick straight out like some sort of plastic doll, ha ha.

I had a good call with my boss yesterday. Good in that one of the things that's been the bane of my existence for a lonnnnng time finally now has a path forward. Whew! Since we were having a nice conversation, and since I got us an extension on the monster regulatory filing until October 31, I didn't even bring it up yesterday. Why ruin the first good call in a while, right?!

The weather was really great for my walk this morning -- 60s and sunny. I haven't gotten a lot of work done today, but I am planning on doing some here soon, LOL. This evening I might got a little crazy and venture out to two stores. I need to make a return at BB&B and I want to get something at At Home to take downtown this weekend. I also want to look for a new pot for a plant that I've had for a long time that is really too big for the one it's in. Of course the last time I repotted something that had been just fine for over a decade it was dead in 30 days, so maybe I should think about that a little more...

Remember how I said the ferals had been super good last week? Well... it turns out that (a) TR had had a talk with them about how they had to be quiet so I could get my work done, and (b) I think there's an ulterior motive afoot in that they aren't in love with their mother's new live-in boyfriend so the older one might be thinking when he turns 14 that he can come back and live with dad. In this state children of divorce have a say in which parent they live with at 14. Fortunately his birthday isn't until next March, and a zillion things can transpire between now and then. Plus, I think separating the kids would be such a bad bad idea. But to be clear: No one gives a sh!t what I think in this whole banana! TR also said he understood if I wanted to decamp to downtown if it was easier for me to get work done since I did kinddddddda promise to my boss I would work on getting the annual review done by the end of this month. I was shocked by that because he was adamantly against the idea a few weeks ago. Makes me wonder what HIS ulterior motive is!!!

Sorry for the family trauma/drama saga there!

Anyway, off to find myself some lunch since the ferals ate the entire pile of chicken fingers I made (the older one is finally starting to eat -- must be a growth spurt!) and work on a few things.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-if I had your apartment, I’d be sneaking away as much as possible! 4ft deep sofas...dang! That made me measure mine. They’re 3ft deep, and they’re very comfortable for us. I’m glad TR had a chat with the ferals, but I’d be worried about ulterior motives! I have 3 plants that I have kept alive for 5 years that I would love to re-pot, but just the fact that they’re still alive makes me afraid to do anything with them.

Marcy-I told the lady who took my old manager job not to tell her new employees to use their common sense because that never seemed to work out. I would have to agree that common sense is in very short supply these days! So on the way home from work Monday, I turned off the main road onto my little dinky, curvy, barely 2-lane road with a hillside on one side and a guardrail with a steep drop on the other. A cop was sitting sideways at the bottom of a driveway on the hillside, clocking people. The speed limit is 25, and Matt has gotten a ticket for going 30. I was going 29 when I passed the cop. I figured it would take him a minute to get turned around, so I sped up, got around those curves and hills, turned into my neighborhood that is straight uphill, turned onto my hill, whipped the car into the garage and shut the garage door before he could find me. Haha! Now I feel like a wanted woman.

Ladies-Voting was an interesting event with all the rules in place for the virus. Unfortunately our polling place was a school where the a/c had gone out and it was 95 degrees and very humid outside. Add that to long lines, masks, people running around disinfecting everything...very weird experience. They’re going to start bringing people back to work next week, and I am officially in the last wave so I figure I’ll be returning mid-July. Our director was expecting to receive guidelines from the governor today, so I’m guessing we’ll get them tomorrow. I do know if you show up and are determined to have a fever of over 100, you can’t come into the building until you can provide negative Covid test results. We had some strong storms last night, and the temp today was in the mid-70’s with no humidity. Such a nice change from yesterday! We took a good walk in the park and now I need to figure out dinner. It might be an every person for themselves kind of evening. Have a great Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the joy of being short, eh? Marty always want deep couches and I don’t. I don’t care of setting with pillows behind me either. Oh well.

Good deal you had a nice call with your boss. I think the surreal times we are living with are making everyone a little cranky. Woo hoo to get an extension the regulatory filing. Sweet.

Way to start the day with a nice walk. Our weather is lovely today as well. The wind is hardly blowing. I almost fell over walking out the door since there was no wind resistance pushing on me. I have that luck with plants too. We are going to get flowers for our buckets this weekend. Marty made sure the drip system is working okay in our pots.

So the older feral might be behaving so he can come live with dad. Wyoming has that same rule / law here but that is tough on a kid to say I’d rather live with mom or dad. Good luck with however that turns out. It would be hard on the brothers not being together all the time as well. Agreed non of it is your decision though only however the choice impacts you. I am hoping for a happy ending for all especially you and there are no ulterior motives.

I hope you found lunch since the chicken was gone. I never ate lunch so I was starving at supper. Luckily Marty was done at the gym at 4:30 which is when I get off so we went out for supper. I had a salad, steak, mashed potatoes and we split a piece of chocolate cake. I ate more than normal now I feel like I need an alka seltzer.

Deegee, now I’m curious I will have to measure our couch. I think our recliners might all be 4 feet. I am like a little kid in them.

Good advice to share with the manager who took over your job; common sense doesn’t seem to work with my employees either.

Darn for that speed trap too funny you zipped up the hill and got in your garage. I bet he got your license if he seriously wanted to find you. They say around here they won’t stop you if you are going 4 miles over the speed limit but you never know.

Voting sounds like a real hassle. I got a notice in the mail for absentee ballots; I jumped at the change. Marty threw his away; he wants to go vote. Of course he can easily go out and vote from the gym or working from home.

Nice that you are in the last wave to go back to the office. We have to do a symptom check list and then get our temperature taken at the gate. We can’t go in if we have a temperature of 100.4 or higher. I swear mine keeps going up. I started at 96.3 and today was 98.5. Makes me nervous. Not about covid but getting in to work.

Glad you are having lovely weather too.

I started a batch of laundry when we got home, did the dishes and now plan on relaxing. The new temporary setting arrangement at work came out today and I spent over 1/2 of my day moving. It wore me out. Luckily I have a double cube so basically I switched the TV and my PC from one corner to the other then I had to move and clean everything. I have WAY too much junk at work. I had a larger under desk filing cabinet by where the TV used to be so I had to find a normal sized filing cabinet and swap it out. The first one I snagged was that lady we let go in December and I felt like I needed a hazmat suit to clean it. It was SOOOOOO gross. It had crumbs all through it, sticky stuff and 2 pieces of hard candy stuck in a drawer. I swapped it for a different filing cabinet. Ewe. Now tomorrow I won’t be able to find anything.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results