carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Deegee, I love both pair of your earrings! And LOL on wanting to run into traffic... yes... that's the kind of thing I do... For *fun* sometimes I have the opportunity to read the Federal Securities Laws in an effort to clarify something. That can actually be the high point of my day, hahahahaha!

Curby, I read the same thing about the virus transfer being more difficult from surfaces than had been previously reported. I also breathed a sigh of relief! Over dinner last night the ferals said that their mother had had a party last weekend for her new boyfriend's family. So much for social distancing.

Well I have A LOT to report nothing too exciting yesterday; got my 10K steps in and read most of a good book. But TODAY! TR and the ferals came downtown with me. TR switched out the two lights in the dining room alcove, hung the two pieces of art above the bed, and put up the side decorative curtains in the bedroom. He even helped me put up the new sheers in the bedroom (which are too long, but I knew that). The two pieces of art are not exactly at the same height but we decided to let the cable stretch a little over time and then we'll revisit one of them to even them up. After all the trauma/drama that went into getting them up at all I was FINE with that course of action!

I'm spending the night downtown at my place. When I get done with this post I need to clean up all the random stuff around that house that we used in the course of our projects and then to see if I can get any of the grime off of the outdoor furniture. That part might have to wait until tomorrow...

OK, off to open a bottle of something and get the clean up underway!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, all government documents are real page turners; NOT. Good for putting you to sleep though. Yay for getting in your 10K steps and getting so much done at your place. Sweet. Did you get your patio furniture cleaned? Our patio furniture sure needs a good cleaning but I am sure Marty will use his power washer on it sometime. I rarely set outside because of my allergies.

We watched The Match yesterday with Tiger Woods, Phil Nicholson, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. It was entertaining. I rented the latest Bad Boys movie - which starts with a great section of a 911 racing through Miami and since i liked it I had to find the other ones to rent. I got some reading in as well.

Marty has his gym open today so we are going to meet for lunch at about noon.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. It was great to go home to KY on Saturday for a family visit. Out of the 11 of us who were there, 6 had birthdays during the quarantine. Our cookout turned into a birthday celebration, complete with cake, ice cream and gifts. We all kept our distance, but it was so nice to get together. Much needed. Yesterday and today were HOT. 90 degrees and very humid and muggy. We took a walk in the park yesterday and it was so miserable that today we stayed home. Matt worked in the yard and I cleaned the first floor and did 3 loads of laundry. I still can’t figure out how we have so much laundry. Tomorrow I’ll get to the stairs and upstairs. Lily is shedding like crazy. I spent probably more than an hour vacuuming the family room furniture alone! I miss my cleaners!!! I ate so bad this weekend, I’m feeling gross and bloaty. I see salads and fruit in my immediate future.

Dee*Jay-so you’re like our compliance guy who makes us do trainings and read awful documents?? We have our own code book of state laws and legislative rules governing our 9 public retirement systems, but we have to be in compliance with IRS law for governmental retirement plans. I agree with Marcy-governmental documents are a huge pain! I’ve gotten pretty good with state law. Quoting it in letters, finding pertinent statues, researching. All kinds of fun.

Marcy-that is a great idea about getting prepaid box for your ring to be sized. You HAVE to be able to wear it! My left hand rings are almost a size and a half smaller than my right hand rings. No switching those rings around. You had an eye issue too, right? You didn’t know what you had done to cause it? Did it get better? Mine was getting whacked in the eye by a buckle on a duffel bag strap, causing the entire vitreous to detach and form blob right in my line of sight. Surgery is too iffy, so I have been too chicken to go that route. My eyes have mostly adapted and most days are okay, but some days... argh! I have so many different prescription eye drops, sometimes I feel like my eye is going to seal itself shut.

Have a great Tuesday!

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I cleaned my patio furniture 'til I was ready to drop from exhaustion! The shop vac did an AMAZING job of getting all the dirt off! I need to do it again, but the first pass was just awesome. Then I took all the table (3 big ones, 4 little ones and two nesting tables) into the shower and scrubbed those, and finally I scrubbed all the throw pillows (sunbrella fabric) in the shower too. The tables and pillows all when into the dining room on towels and yesterday morning the pillows still weren't 100% dry so I put them in the dryer three at a time. I also covered the furniture with sheets -- like I should have last fall, ha ha. I still need to vacuum the rug on the patio, but frankly I was just DONE at that point. I do feel SO much better through that the furniture isn't completely ruined!

Deegee, yes girlfriend, I'm afraid I AM that person. :cheeky: Please don't hold it against me -- someone's got to do it! It's great you go to finally have a get together with your family! Did you wear any of your "new" earrings? I haven't had anything but my teeny tiny gold hoops on for over two months now. They snap into place very securely and are so small they barely extend beyond my lobes so I don't feel them, even when I sleep. Next to my diamond studs these are my favorite earrings!

Yesterday I got up and went for an early walk downtown with our new HR person. She started during the pandemic and I think I'm only the third person to meet her for real. I figured since I was at my place and she had just moved to an apartment a few blocks away it was a good chance to get together. We walked and walked and walked... over 15K steps! By the time I got my place the rest of the way cleaned up and came back to TR's I was exhausted.

Today I did an early walk and I've been working ever since. I ordered two skorts off the Costco site because I've been wearing the pants I bout to go on safari last winter but they fall about mid-way between my knee and ankle and I figure I might as well see if I can get a little sun on my legs for real rather than relying solely on self tanner this year. My legs haven't been tan for... oh... um... probably over 20 years now!

We're having chicken baked in mushroom soup and green beans for dinner. I just realized I never got the chicken out to thaw. Oops -- off to get that rolling!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-Matt and I took a 15k step walk today too! It was too friggin hot and a lot of hills. My legs are cramping hard, I guess from dehydration. UGH! Good job getting all that patio furniture cleaned. We still haven’t done a thing to the deck or the remaining furniture out there. The last time I went out to sit, I was run off by a bunch of angry wasps who think that’s THEIR space. Stupid nature and it’s evil minions. Would you believe I put my earrings in my jewelry box the day I got them back, and haven’t touched them. I have rediscovered my diamond studs and have been wearing those every day. They’re so easy!

We made a quick grocery run after our torturous walk this evening. It was the first time I stepped into the Kroger in our little town since February! I was afraid most people right around where I live in the middle of BFE wouldn’t wear masks, but I was pleasantly surprised. Most people had them on, but people just can’t figure out those giant arrows on the floor. I’m not feeling great this evening. Either I did get dehydrated today or I’m still recovering from a weekend of eating really, really bad. Plus I had myself a pity party last night and drank too many bottles of beer after not drinking alcohol for a good while. Blah. Tomorrow will be better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, your family GTG and birthday celebrations sound like a lot of fun. Sweet. Ugh to such hot weather already. I told my sister it seems like we got hot fast here too. We aren’t having our typical May rains either. I am sure you are quite adept at knowing and quoting state laws; my exposure to government documents is tax documents and VA loans; that’s about it. Sadly I didn’t get a response to my customer service submission today so I may call them tomorrow. I can wear it on my left hand but that means my diamond stays behind. Yes, I have an issue with my left eye too; sounds similar to yours vision wise. That is too bad you have to take so many eye drops and I completely understand not wanting to have iffy surgery done on it. My issue is a scar on the macula that has spread with time (like any scar does); it blurs and grays out my central vision in that eye. It got really bad because I had an edema in that eye which made the vision worse; I had to do drops for about a year and finally my retina started to return to somewhat normal. I see wavy lines with that eye but not as bad as when I had the edema. Anything that is back lit is fuzzy to me and sadly my brain hasn’t adjusted for it. I notice it most that I can’t see people’s faces clearly because it is dim and fuzzy. I do need to get an appointment soon.

Dee Jay, very clever to clean your patio furniture in the shower. Glad that worked so well. That’s great the furniture isn’t ruined either. Good deal. The next time I have to do a compliance course I’ll approach it as “I’ll do this for Dee”. Tiny gold hoops sound comfy. I am sure the new HR lady appreciated meeting you in person and both of you enjoyed getting out for a long walk. I bet you were tired when you got back to TR’s; sounds like a long day. Woo hoo to working on a tan this summer. I keep swearing I’m going to lighten my hair in the Sun but I never get outside to work on that. Chicken and mushroom soup sounds good. I used to make a recipe off Campbells mushroom soup; rice, water, the soup and chicken breasts that you bake for about an hour. Easy and tasty.

So I have one more day of working from home. I told Marty I expect him to have the dishes done when I get home from work plus an occasional load of laundry. He isn’t going for it.

Our cleaning lady was here today. We had grilled filet for lunch with rice for Marty and a potato for me. After Marty was done at the gym we met at a Mexican restaurant downtown for supper. They had every other table taped off but they were full. Glad to see people out supporting local businesses.

My sister sent me 3 masks for work so I’ve got 6 assorted ones now. I am tempted to make myself some with yarn and paper towels then throw them away every time I wear one. With allergies I’m thinking “ewe” to keep wearing the same one off and on all day.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your walk sounds like work and I'm screaming silently for you about WASPS. Aaak!!! I hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to tell you ladies the highlight of my night - After supper Marty was heading back to the gym to cleanup and I went that way but turned left; I figured he’d be grilling me where did you go but he knows me too well - he came in and said you went somewhere you could drive fast, didn’t you? I sad maybe - my car wanted to run wild and free. :lol:

Deegee, I forgot to answer you on what caused the scar on my macula; my guess is I looked at the Sun. I tried one time using 2 layers of X-ray but quickly decided it wasn't enough and it was that eye.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I am enjoying my last day of WFH. :cry2: Tomorrow I'm heading back to the salt mines.

Not much going on today. I have on short sleeves today - you can see all my nasty bruises of which I have NO idea how I got them. Looks like I'm a klutz. :lol: I blame the rabbits.

I might do my Thursday lifting today so I can get that out of the way for the rest of the week.

Have a great day!
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, the worst part about the 15K step day was that I wore lousy shoes the day before and was on my feet the whole time. So the walk itself would have been fine but my feet were so sore from the previous day that I didn't really enjoy it a lot... I've been struggling to find decent black flats that will accommodate my inserts ever since I wore out the last pair of the ones I liked. They came from the children's are of Payless (!) and I bought -- no joke -- like 10 pair several years ago when I realized they were The Ones. I should have bought THIRTY pair because I haven't been able to find anything that comes close to them for comfort. I was tempted last night actually to buy some Fitflops, but it looks like returns would be a hassle and given how hard it is for me to find shoes that fit I think I'll shelf that idea as a last resort.

Curby, I'm also constantly covered in mystery bruises! Strangely enough they generally look much worse that the bruises I can identify a cause for so you'd think I'd notice when I do something that bad! Enjoy your last day of WFH. I'm not sure what's going to happen with our office or when. Frankly I'm now working 7 days a week so if I have to go back to the office to get my 3 day schedule back I'm in! Good deal on taking a nice ride in The Curbymobile! TR finally found someone who will replace the headliner in his "new" Trans Am. I'll be glad to get that done because now all the disintegrated foam and stuff comes through the rips in the current one and blows around while we're driving. Gross!

I got my 10K steps in early. Today is my company's annual meeting and I though we were all going to dial in but yesterday the person who coordinated the meeting send out a cancellation. I think what happened was the external response to the invite was so great that they asked internal people to not dial in. Fine with me, but I didn't figure all this out until I'd already walked almost 5 miles before 9 am, LOL.

As we speak I am running what I believe is my very last CE webinar for this renewal! I'll double check my math of course, but if I'm right I am totally DONE for my renewal in September of NEXT YEAR. Woo hoo!

I've got my weekly call with my boss in an hour and a half so I guess I better go get a few things done so I can report on them...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to tell you gals about a funny conversation I had with TR this morning. So you know I am a big fan of murder mysteries and especially anything involving a serial killer. (Yes, I know how crazy that sounds, hahahahaha!) I often read right before I fall asleep and I've had more than one dream about stuff related to what I'm reading at the moment. Well this morning between when TR got up and when he came back with my coffee I fell asleep and had a dream about going to Costco. When I told him his response was "Was there a murderer hiding in the big displays of paper towels and toilet paper?

:lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, that sucks about your shoes; my feet are sore all the time anyway from my knees being so out of alignment so I have a real struggle finding comfortable shoes myself. Who knew you should buy 30 pair when you found them.

So you suffer from mystery bruises too, eh? If Marty asks me what happened I always blame the rabbits. I say they bit me. I have gotten so if (and when) I hit myself I actually say; that's going to leave a mark and it helps me at least remember how I got that bruise. I like the name Curbymobile; after 3 plus years I have the perfect name for me car. Thanks!!! Do you know I have not hit 26,000 miles yet? I am almost there.

Sweet you found someone to replace the liner in the Trans Am. Cruising in style soon.

Darn that you walked early today when you could have slept in a little.

Woo hoo and congratulations on finishing your CE already. That is awesome.

Too funny about your dream; I like TR's comment. Now you'll be checking for serial killers behind the TP and paper towels. One bonus of going to the office; it will save on my TP and paper towels. :lol: About 10 years ago we were going to the hospital every day to see Marty's grandmother. We'd get in the elevators and when it was just us Marty would wait until the door closed and then turn to me and pretend like he was choking me; his hands are so large his hands don't even touch my neck when he does it. So anyway I was so used to that I went to the hospital once by myself when he was out of town and this man got in the elevator with me - well you know what I thought he was going to do to me. Thanks Marty for putting that idea in my head. He even followed me in to the parking garage; and yes I was nervous.

I called the jeweler in Denver about sizing my ring. Right now I am waiting for a label from FebEx to send my ring in to be sized.

Laters,
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Huge OW for your eye injury!! I’ve kind of gotten used to the blob in the center of my vision in my left eye. It’s like looking through a greasy spot on glasses. I’m like you with not being able to see features on a face with that eye. Plus it is my eye with the -11.50 nearsighted prescription, so it has issues all around.. They try to get my right eye corrected as close as possible so it does most of the work. Some times I just have to close my left eye, and some days I feel like I see worse than others. Certain lighting helps. For some reason, I can see a whole lot better in my new office, which is awesome! I’m glad you called about getting your ring sized. You can’t leave your gorgeous diamond behind! I haven’t worn my rings in a while, and it’s going to feel weird. Good luck going back to work and don’t get a speeding ticket on the way there! I’ll be curious to see what all restrictions you have. Hopefully no surprises.

Dee*Jay-sounds like maybe you need to take some classes for me, huh? I can’t believe you’re already done for next year! Matt does that too, but he gets to count the technical seminars his boss puts on monthly for CE. His boss has some kind of crazy high degree in chemical engineering and those seminars sounds incredibly...well, they’re chemical engineers. My favorite black flats aren’t dressy and probably wouldn’t work for you. Since I don’t have to dress up for work anymore, they’re perfect for me! The brand is OluKai and the shoe is Nohea. I’m on my second pair of black, and I also have brown and grey. They have a removable foot bed, and I use my own plantar fasciitis insert. Murderer behind the TP display at Costco! That actually sounds like a headline we would see these days.

Ladies, I’m with you on the bruised arms. I have a huge bruise on my arm that looks like Matt grabbed my wrist and squeezed. Nope! Vacuum cleaning accident! I cleaned that darn family room sectional for over an hour to get the pet hair off, and the way I held the attachment and scrubbed at the fabric left a nice bruise. Matt hates to go with me anywhere because I always have bruises and he says people give him the stink eye. Work was TEDIOUS today because the state VPN system was unbelievably sluggish. I did a speed test and got .13 Mbps, which is basically nonexistent. I worked on documents I had previously saved to my hard drive. Tonight for dinner we’re having grilled pork chops, broccoli and baked sweet potatoes. We just took walks through the neighborhood today, so no big walk at the park. It is so hot! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it sounds like our resulting vision is very similar. I would also say my eye sees something like a greasy spot on my glasses; it's like hazy and dull. Seeing with both eyes reminds me of when I wore contacts and one of them slipped out of place. I also often just close my left eye to see a sharp image. I notice I see in some lighting that others and my low contrast and depth perception is awful!!! I am sure I'll come home with tales of terror venturing out in the world. Our corporate offices are located in Denver so a lot of our restrictions are based on Colorado which has a lot more restrictions than we do. I am most concerned about my temperature. I take hot showers and our closet where I get dressed is the warmest room in the house

LOL to Murderer Behind the TP Display at Costco.

Welcome to the bruised club; we are all "peaches" I guess. Easily bruised. Poor Matt; he is innocent. I usually wear long sleeves so Marty doesn't get the stink eye for my bruises.

Darn for slow internet speed today. We have quick speeds at work but they have so many security settings everything is sluggish anyway. It is very warm here today. I dropped the temp on the AC and cranked on the fan.

I got my ring shipped off; Office Depot ships FedEx so I went there but they couldn't scan my label to print out so I got the box, came home and packed it up, printed the label and went back. I needed labels and packing envelops so I did some shopping while I was there. I found a treasure trove of TP, Puffs and paper towels there as well. Not a lot mind you but they had some. They even had some cleaning stuff. Ooh.

I will try to keep the Curbymobile under 100 on my way to work in the morning.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, LOL on Marty pretending to choke you when you're in the elevator. I bet security people who watch elevator cameras seem some pretty unusual stuff -- some of which is actually real! I hope your ring sizing gets down quickly so you can have it back and on your finger.

Deegee, I looked up the shoes -- thanks for the tip! I couldn't wear those for work, but I could certainly wear them for casual. I actually had some shoes that looked like that over at my boathouse in Michigan. Wonder what ever happened to those...?

I took an early walk this morning and was back by around 9 am to avoid rain in the forecast... rain that's never materialized! Oh well, I guess better that than the other way around, right? The ferals wanted chicken nuggets for lunch. Of course I ate some too, even though I had already made ramen noodles. Oops.

So I'm having a decorating idea and need some opinions. I've got an area in my bedroom that needs something tall. It's near the door and will get a lot of traffic right there so I don't want to put anything big like a piece of furniture, but I'd love to have something useful there just because there's so little storage in the unit, including not a lot of bedroom closet space. I've got a TON of scarves. A TON. What do you think of putting a blanket ladder against the wall and putting scarves on it? I think I may have already talked myself out of this, but wanted to throw it out there and see what you gals think!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Did my 10K steps this morning; it's absolutely gorgeous here today! I've got two calls later, one with a guy in the Cayman Islands and one all-firm update. To this point we've been getting firm updates through email, this will be the first call. I'll be curious to see what they have to say!

TR is home for a quick lunch. Crispy chicken tenders. I am such a gourmet! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I have no idea what would look good in that space in your bedroom. Can you post a picture? Lots of help aren't I?

I am sure elevator cameras capture more awful things than we would like to imagine and if they saw Marty doing that I bet they weren't amused at first. Or you'd hope so anyway.

Nice to get your walks in early and glad the weather is nice. We've had great weather too with very few thunderstorms. Of course now that the Curbymobile is back out in the open the hail is surely going to be in the forecast.

Chicken nuggets and chicken tenders sound like a great lunch to me. Enjoy.

Good luck with the firm call today. Anytime they schedule those or a last minute all team meeting I get nervous.

Going back to the office yesterday was okay and strange. My temperature was 96.8 - woo hoo! I have no idea how my temperature runs so I cranked on the AC in my car on the way to work. Guess it's not necessary. I took the online health check before I left the house but they didn't even ask me about it. They didn't give me a mask or say I had to wear one so I walked in to the mostly deserted building and didn't see a sole on my way to the elevator. There are maybe 12 of us working on the second floor so i honestly never put on a mask all day. If I went somewhere I took a tissue and covered my face if anyone was around. I was so excited to have my Mac Thunderbolt monitor again; it's big, bright and clear - great for someone with one "crazy" eye. It took me a while to get organized. In the afternoon I was confirming my employees had the holiday pay on their time cards (they are hourly) and I noticed I had 235.8 hours of vacation; we can only accrue 240 hours and since today was the end of the pay period I took today off. I told my boss he could tell people I was exhausted from working one day in the office. Ha Ha.

This morning I slept in, went and got myself a donut and donut holes, I am meeting Marty for lunch and I will lift this afternoon. Yay.

Have a great day.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people who have been working in the office had fun with my office bears. My employees always say the bear with the blue hat looks like a stoner and always has the munchies for cheesy poofs. I thought the masks were a good touch.

1590772356313.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo I just lifted 110 pounds 15 times.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I think I've already moved beyond the scarf ladder idea -- ha! But I did order a bunch of rings and hooks to put on my closet wall to see if I can make that otherwise useless space useful. The bears look like they are doing just fine in quarantine, LOL.

Yesterday was only quasi productive. I really don't get nearly as much done when the ferals are here. I know this is going to result in a fight with TR... We had our firm update. It wasn't much of an update in that it was all things we already knew from emails. That's OK though, I could tell the MDs were itching to get in front of everyone as a group.

Got my 10K steps in already. Made a strategic mistake though in that I usually get out of bed, get dressed, make my iced coffee and drink it as I walk. This morning TR was talking to me and making bacon and I drank half my coffee, refilled it, and then started out. By the time I was at the half way point I was ready to knock on someone's door and ask to use the potty! Note to self: Don't start drinking until you start walking!

The ferals just got picked up by their mother so now I can start to enjoy my weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I thing rings and hooks might help storage in your closet. Glad to hear the firm update was nothing big. I was telling a friend of mine yesterday I think the work from home has made people very chatty. Some of the conference calls I get invited to are so trivial to begin with and they go on and on. Darn for drinking coffee before your walk; good thing to keep in mind for the future. Nice the ferals have gone to their mom’s, enjoy the peace and quiet.

I slept in, we went out to lunch for pizza and had a cupcake and ice cream when we got home. A friend on mine dropped off some cupcakes her daughter made for me; they are pretty cut and tasty.

I chatted for quite a while today with old friends and my 2 nieces. That was nice.

Of course I was thrilled to see such a spectacular launch. Both Marty and I were going “that rocket is quick”.
Take care.
Curby

Here is a picture of those cupcakes.

1590880491363.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-how sweet and thoughtful of your friend’s daughter! Very cute. I don’t know how my temperature runs either. I have an ear thermometer but I don’t think it works. My temp is always 97 or below. At the eye dr, it was 98. That’s funny you already had to take a day off. Luckily we don’t have to worry about using up days until the end of the year. The bears look like they had a great time in quarantine! Somehow I forgot all about watching the space launch. I should know better than make mental notes to do something. I have watched it since and seen some of the space station videos. I remember as a kid always watching launches and reentries with my dad. He was in the Air Force and was always fascinated with space.

Dee*Jay-I hung three rows of small curtain rods on an empty wall in my closet, and I use to for hanging scarves. They work perfectly! As for decor advice... well, you know me! My sister said she got lots of projects complete because her daughter made the choices for her and helped her do the work. They did a bunch of painting and decorating during the last few months. My niece said she’d be happy to pick out tiles for a backsplash and paint for my kitchen, and the other things I want to do but can’t pick out. She also volunteered to help paint. Good kid!

My 2 nieces brought my mom to visit this weekend. Mom said her hair was curling so tight that it was giving her headaches and she was embarrassed to show her face, so I made her an appointment to have it straightened at my haircut lady’s first thing Friday morning before anyone else had stepped into the shop for the day. My nieces and I sat up half the night Thursday night/Friday morning playing card games. We had so much fun! I have really missed my family. I went through the house multiple times cleaning surfaces and made sure everybody kept their hands washed and used hand sanitizer. Today is a gorgeous day and we’re headed to the park for a good walk. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee that is awesome your mom came to visit and you are enjoying spending time with your family. Sweet. I bet your mom was glad to get her hair done, too.

That is very nice of your niece to offer to pick out tiles and paint your kitchen; that works out great for everyone.

I am glad you were able to catch a replay of the launch. We watched the docking this morning and them finally going in to the space station. Very cool.

I got the newsletter done today and have the last batch of clothes in the dryer now. Marty went for a hike with a friend of his this morning. We are having grilled filet for supper with asparagus and cottage cheese. Plus a replay of either cake or cupcakes.

My allergies are awful this weekend; tree pollen is pegged since they are finally blooming. This always makes me super tired. Joy.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Matt and I had a fender bender on our way back from the park. We almost got t-boned, but Matt sped up to avoid it and got hit on the passenger back wheel. It was a hard hit and actually spun us a little. We don’t have much damage other than to the wheel and some trim. The other guy had quite a lot of damage. I felt so bad for him. Another guy came running and started taking cellphone video, probably hoping for a confrontation. He moved on when he saw there wouldn’t be one. We didn’t call the police because our damage is minimal, and I’m guessing the guy only had liability on his car. I have issues with damage to my spine from my bad car wreck years ago, and wow are my neck and shoulder really hurting! I’ll be digging out my physical therapy exercises tomorrow. I feel bad for Matt too because after hanging on to that other vehicle for 12 years, he finally bought a new suv in February and now it’s damaged. He doesn’t seem upset about the car though. Just glad we weren’t driving mine! I’m off to get more ice for my neck.

Marcy-how do you make asparagus? I always want to try it but I’m not sure how to fix it! I bought frozen once, and it was not good.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Deegee I am so sorry to hear about the accident. Good thinking on Matt’s part to speed up and get out of being hit broadside. You are both going to be sore for days. It sounds like damage to Matt’s SUV is minimal. Very scary. Glad neither Of you ended up in the hospital.

Marty generally grills asparagus. He puts it on a pan with non stick foil, sprinkles olive oil, salt, pepper on it then grills it on medium until it’s not hard anymore. That works in the oven as well at about 350 degrees. if you cook it too long it gets muscly so check it now and then. Seems like it’s about 15 minutes but not sure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I completely spaced that it was your birthday!!! Bad Dee! Those cupcakes are awesome -- they really look like bears in inner tubes floating in a pool. I wish I had that kind of talent...

Deegee, oh no! I'm just glad to hear you and Matt are both OK. And what's with the guy taking video hoping for a confrontation? The whole world has gone crazy now that everyone has a video camera at their disposal 24/7.

Speaking of the world going crazy, things downtown are scary right now due to the protests. I guess there was a lot of activity right by my building the other night, but my management sent out a message yesterday saying nothing happened to our property and we now have additional staff manning the lobby, etc. These are crazy times for sure.

And also speaking of crazy, I went to Home Depot Saturday. That was the first time I've been anywhere buy one specific grocery store for over two months. The place was an absolute MOB SCENE. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Yesterday I ended up going to the small local auto parts store FOUR TIMES for TR. Don't ask... By the time he gets done with his "cheap" Trans Am one $3 piece at a time he could have bought a new 911, LOL.

I think I need to take today off of walking. I've gone 12 days in a row and yesterday I started getting a really bad sharp arch pain in one foot. I realized that shoe was also too tight so maybe because my instep was being pinched it caused a referred pain? Or it could be a tendon thing? Or who know! Maybe I'm just falling apart one piece at a time, hahahahaha!

Some serious work needs to happen in my life today. Some serious cleaning wouldn't hurt either! OK, off to get this show on the road.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hit 26,000 miles on the Curbymobile. It's almost worn out.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Trust me I am not that creative at decorating cupcakes either.

These riots and lootings are crazy. I hope you don't have to venture in to the office until this has settled down. Just awful.

Our few hardware stores are always NUTS. I need to go buy flowers to put out but will wait until Marty can take me. LOL that multiple $3 parts for the trans am could buy a 911. Hopefully he is enjoying working on it.

Sorry to hear about your foot; I hope a day of rest is just what you need. I still wonder if I'm wearing the right size shoe myself. I can't seem to find super comfortable shoes but I swear I ache most places anymore anyway.

I hope you got your work done okay and things were magically cleaned for you.

I decided I am going to work 7:30 - 4:30 in the office for now which means no snooze alarm action or reading my phone when I get up. Darn. But hey I'll get off work at 4:30. They seem to be actively working on a seating chart to get people back to work. One idea is have people work every other day either at home or in their half cube. The high walls apparently aren't safe enough so I might need to shift my PC to the left a bit.

I picked up tacos on the way home, did dishes and then did my lifting. Reminds me I need Advil.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, are they letting people shift their work schedules when they go back? I think getting off at 4:30 is a great idea! As for shoes... they are the bane of my existence! I'm a US 5 but super wide. Like a duck. Finding shoes that fit is almost an impossibility. I have so many things like insoles, hell grips, etc., that the CB used to call me Gepetto!

So today has been pretty miserable from a work perspective. My boss and I Went At It. I won't bore you with the details, but I had to call TR afterwards and vent for a looooong time. He was like, "Why don't you find another job?" Valid... but... they pay me very very well, and I *normally* only work three days a week. Plus, who can find a new job in this current environment?! On a good note, the children have been great today from a quietness standpoint. So I'm going to focus on the bright side!

My skorts came from Costco. I got two brands and I think they will both be pretty good. I want to wear them for at least one long walk before I order more, but I think I will try to get a few other colors in at least one of the brands. I need to return the others to Costco, but I might see if I can do it by mail. Of course, they only cost about $15 apiece so sending the extras back (i.e., the sizes that didn't fit because I ordered them each in multiple sizes) might cost me as much in reverse shipping as they cost to begin with, ha ha.

I'm on my last call of the day right now (just listening, no real participation from me once it got going) and I am really looking forward to this day being over... No idea what we're doing for dinner. I think TR is going to stop at the grocery store on the way home (for the first time in ages!) and maybe he'll pick something up. Otherwise I don't have any ideas....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my department generally lets us shift to 7:30 to 4:30 in the summer anyway so about 1/2 of us already work those hours anyway. Darn that you have a difficult time finding shoes. Marty can wear almost any shoes although he has problems finding size 14 around here.

I hate to hear you and your boss had a disagreement today. That doesn’t sound fun at all. I agree this is a tough time to look for a job. At least the kids were quiet today.

That’s nice the skorts seem to work well for you. They sound comfy.

What did you end up having for dinner?

Deegee, I hope you and Matt are doing okay after that accident.

Work dragged on and on today but I made it through the day. Marty was on phone calls for work all day so he didn’t go lift. I drove home through a horrible heavy sideways rainstorm and rain in to heavy hail for about the last 3 miles. I don’t think the Curbymobile got dented but it sure sounded awful. It was raining so hard I couldn’t see and all sorts of idiots were stopping in the road. I almost went off the road in one spot luckily I finally so a post. When I got home Marty wanted to go eat so went out for supper.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring probably won't be back for 2 weeks. Phooey.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results