shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-that’s crazy!!! Make him move to the garage! We were talking to a neighbor today while we were taking a walk (she was in her yard and we were in the road, more than 6 ft away). She said she had to go grocery shopping today, so she went really early. Our stores are only allowed 2 people per 1000 sq ft, and the aisles are marked for one-way shopping. There were tape marks on the floor for distancing and signs everywhere. She said she kept having to turn around and give the person behind her the evil eye until she finally turned and said “back the BLEEP off! Some people just do not get it.

Marcy-I am still a wimp, but one thing I can do now that I couldn’t do a year ago is squat and get back up and get up from sitting in the floor with no help. And I’ve been walking so much, my leg no longer jiggles when I stomp my foot. Haha! Baby steps! I’d love to work on upper body strength. Good idea to put earrings in. I think I’ll be all fancy tomorrow and out on rings and wear earrings. ooh la la! I hope your foot continues to get better.

I don’t think what Matt’s company did was on the up and up. This week they changed them from salaried employees to hourly employees, and told them they could bill no more than 32 hours even if they have work and a project to bill to. They can use vacation pay to get them to 39 hours, but not 40. I wonder if that’s even legal. The last time this happened in 2009, Matt was lead on a big project working 50 hours a week and charging 32. He swears he’s not doing that again. I hope not, because I plan to make him a honey-do list! I’m going to bed early tonight. I didn’t sleep well last night with all those storms. We had a tree on the hill behind our house fall, and there were big hunks of tree very close to the back of our house this morning. We were very lucky nothing came through a window. Somehow Matt slept through everything. Goodnight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Dee Jay. Maybe make him wash his hands and wipe down everything. :wall:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Message edited out.

Thanks for being here girls.

Last edited:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aw, dee*jay, I’m sorry. Matt honestly didn’t take this too seriously until someone he knows got it. The guy is 43 and was sedated on a ventilator for several days, and has spent almost a week in a medically induced coma on a ventilator in a special bed where they can turn him on his stomach for many hours a day. His 7 year old daughter tested positive but is asymptomatic, and his wife and 3 yr old tested negative. Reading her daily updates is gut wrenching. The father of one of Matt’s youth group kids has it, and that same kid’s mom works in the nursing home down the street from my office where they have 8 positive residents. His mom is quarantined and awaiting her results. So, those close to home cases woke Matt up big time. Maybe seeing how upset you are will get him to understand.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear what happened Dee Jay. All of this is so stressful and worrisome it makes it hard to deal with. I hope you got some sleep today. Like Deegee said hopefully he understands where you are coming from and why you are so concerned.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I’ve been thinking of you and hope you are okay.

Deegee, that is too bad about your neighbor at the store. Our stores are starting to limit how many can go in at a time. I might look in to getting groceries delivered.

That is great you can get up off the floor and do squats. I doubt I could either of them. Maybe someday. Did you dig out jewelry today? I didn’t wear any today.

I would think changing Matt from salary to hourly is legal as is limiting how many hours he can work. I would think it’s up to his employer to make that call. It sucks for sure. If they told them to get all of their work done no matter how long it takes but they can’t submit more than 32 hours then that would probably be an issue. Of course my opinion is not based on any legal knowledge.

Not much going on with me. Worked today, lifted afterwards. We had popcorn for supper.

Talk about getting old - I bought us chocolate Easter bunnies weeks ago do you think I could remember where I hid them? Heck no. I looked in all my usual hiding places, then unusual hiding places. The last place I had to check was the freezer downstairs. When Marty got home from the gym he went and looked and that’s where they were. I hate when I “hide” things then can’t find them later.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I was pretty much a waste of space today. I couldn’t concentrate at all. I actually started working at 8, and shortly thereafter couldn’t keep my eyes open. I got back in bed and crashed hard for 15 minutes, then I was okayish. I have never done that! I didn’t run the flat iron through my very large, frizzy hair. I didn’t get fancied up with jewelry like I planned. I only took 2 short walks. I wasn’t super productive work-wise. I still have a dull headache. Blah day. How’s your foot? I hope you’re seeing big improvement! Funny about the memory. Mine is still okay (not great), but Matt misplaces everything! Of course, Matt’s boss called this morning to have Matt help him approve timesheets and he also wanted to have a phone meeting. I think they expect them to work their usual and only charge 32 hrs.

Dee*Jay-I’ve been thinking about you today. Hugs!!

This morning before I started work, I placed a grocery order with Instacart. Got a delivery time, paid and left a good tip, & got a confirmation. 2 hrs later I got a cancellation notice due to high demand, unable to fulfill the order, blah blah blah. So I went directly to Kroger, selected a delivery time, placed the order...nope! So I tried to schedule pickup. The earliest pickup is April 18 at a Kroger 56 miles away. Nothing anywhere close. I was able to schedule a Walmart pickup for Tuesday at 5. When I went to pay, Chase decided it was a fraudulent charge and declined the transaction. We only have 2 credit cards, and luckily Discover let it go through. Let’s hope the order doesn’t get cancelled too. We got a notice from Chase about fraudulent activity...that Walmart charge. So now we have to deal with Chase so they don’t shut the account down. Good grief, what a hassle for some groceries! I’m going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow is better for all of us!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooohh! I forgot to tell you...Matt did our taxes today. We get a $38 federal refund. Cha-Ching! Well, at least we don’t owe.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids.

Curby, I hide sh!t and then can't fine it too! It's usually my best jewelry though, LOL. Although last week when I went to the store I bought two 12 packs of root beer for the ferals. One went in the fridge and I hid the one other or else they would drink it all in one weekend (yes, really). NO idea where the other twelve pack is! I'm sure it will turn up some day...

Deegee, My Am Ex got turned off one time for a Walmart charge! Right when I moved in to the condo before this one I found breakfast bar stools on walmart.com and ordered them in the middle of the night (because... yanno... who wants to SLEEP when you could be shopping online?!). The order got hung up at the payment part and timed out so I went in and bought them again. Again, it didn't go through. Am Ex called me the next day and said they had put a stop on my card and were Fed Exing me a new one because someone had fraudulently tried to buy something at Walmart. I was like, That Was ME! Well they didn't believe me!!! The guy said I'd never bought a single thing at Walmart in the 20+ years I'd had the card and it was clearly fraud based on my spending habits. Nothing I said could convince him otherwise. A few days later... the stools showed up. All of them -- a double order. I tried to return them to a local Walmart but they couldn't take them back because the order didn't show up in their system. ????? Eventually I have up trying to return them and/or pay for them and ended up with free stools, LOL.

TR and I went to the store this morning right when it opened and spent an ungodly amount of money. I do not plan on going back now for THREE weeks. I actually hadn't planned on going this weekend but he decided a few days ago he wanted to do a nice Easter lunch for the children. Whatever. At least I got some more wine and prosecco!

Today I need to do a ton of work so I can keep getting the certifications ready to send out to my people starting Monday. I've tested the process with six people (the simplest ones in terms of what they need to do) and it seems to work so now I'm move up in complication. Might as well get started; these transaction reports aren't going to generate themselves...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- that’s crazy they shut your card down over it being a Walmart order! What I don’t get is how they detected a $300 grocery order from Walmart was fraud, but somehow charges totaling $27,000 in Panama a few years ago slipped right by them. Seeing that amount on my credit card bill nearly gave me a heart attack.

I feel MUCH better today. I decided I was going to stay in bed until I felt like getting up. I’m not going to tell you what time that ended up being! I must have needed rest, because my headache is nearly gone now. I did laundry and swept the deck. Then I decided it was a gorgeous day outside, so I sat outside reading and listening to the birds. Fresh air always does me a world of good. We also got storm debris in the yard cleaned up, so we accomplished a little today. I’m off to make dinner, which I think will be hamburgers. Have a Happy Easter!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter kids!

Deegee, a couple of years ago I got a call from Chase on the land line in my office. The guy had a thick Indian accent and I could hear call center noise in the background. (The comment on his accent is not any sort of racial dig BTW, just a fact.) I said, "Not any more than you are!" At least he got the joke and laughed. Someone had tried to put charges just under $10,000 repeatedly at several places in Brazil in the past few hours. Fortunately they didn't go through.

Yesterday I did a big part of what needs to happen to get the certifications out next week. It was essentially a giant spreadsheet project and took alllllll day. But now that portion is done!

TR made baskets for the ferals with candy we bought yesterday at the store using some colorful dish towels and a few other scrounged up things. I'm sure the sugar high will be peaking around 10 am!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter
1586704782617.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, sorry you weren’t feeling up to much yesterday. Sounds like you needed some rest. I am so glad you are feeling better today. I gave myself a serious concussion last year by standing up really fast and hitting my head hard on the bottom of a cupboard. Marty said he heard it squish; I have a massive knot and was super dizzy and out of it for a few days. That spot is still tender.

My foot isn’t normal (or right) but it’s not awful either. When I have to go back to work I hope it is okay by then because I have to walk a lot more and further there than I do at home.

That would suck if Matt’s boss expects them to work as much for less hours.

That storm sounds pretty fierce; but I am glad nothing crashed through your window. One of our hail storms was dropping golf ball to softball sized hail stones and I was standing in the window watching even though they were bouncing up and hitting our glass. I finally thought you know I probably shouldn’t be standing right by the window. I guess I’m a slow learner.

That sucks about the Walmart charge being flagged on your credit card. Hopefully a quick call will straighten it out. Hopefully you get your groceries this week. Our Kroger (we call them King Soopers here) is way out on pickups too but they still say they can deliver today or tomorrow. Marty keeps saying he’d rather go pick things up though. I’d pass out if my credit card bill showed a $27,000 charge. I bet that was fun getting removed.

That’s a perfect amount to owe for taxes. I always say I’d rather break even on taxes - I’d rather spend my money foolishly than let the government do the same.

Dee Jay, grocery shopping sounds exciting and expensive.

I do recall you not knowing where some ring or earrings are sometime. I usually stick my stuff in one of two places so I don’t misplace my bling. One night at a star party though I put my wedding ring in my pants pocket and damn near forgot about it. I freaked out later “where’s my ring” then remembered. If I’d taken those pants off and got them in the laundry I would probably have lost my ring.

Such a deal for free stools from Walmart. We’ve been shopping in Denver before and between the 2 of us charged at 3 jewelry stores that they called us. You’d think using the logic if we shop at jewelry stores that would be okay.

That’s good they called about those charges in Brazil. Marty’s work credit card was used for a car wash and car parts in San Palo about 8 months after he was there. They cancelled his card and issued a new one.

Did you get your certifications ready to send out tomorrow? That’s great you got your spreadsheet all done. I thought of doing some things for Monday but talked myself out of it.

How’s the feral’s sugar high? I was going to show some girl scouts some things through a telescope once but it turned out to be a rainy, cloudy night. They’d been eating candy and crap all day so talking to them about astronomy was getting no where since they were pinging off the wall.

We spend pretty much all day yesterday watching Bosch on Prime. We are up to mid season 3. It’s a good series. I have read all of Connelly’s books.

Marty is baking a brisket for us today. I requested some noodles Alfredo with it and we have some garlic baguettes from Omaha Steaks we can fix. I have some raw veggies to put out with it.

I didn’t do laundry yesterday so need to work on that today but then again there is always tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I keep meaning to tell you I am totally loving all of your cool glasses in the happy hour thread. My mom collected china and crystal; you would have enjoying browsing her 3 china cabinets.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I have hundreds of these glasses by now! Most of them are in storage down at my place so I'm going to have to start "recycling" for the happy hour thread pics.

I took yesterday "off" from the certifications, but I'm back on it right now. Ugh. SO much work! But it's got to be done, so no use complaining.

We went on a "group walk" before the big Easter lunch yesterday and it was the first time I've been out other than to go to the grocery store or run to my house in over a month. I have GOT to get some exercise!!! And all this eating... oy. I even went so far as to start a thread in Hangout, just because there's more traffic there, and about half a dozen people are in too. Maybe with group support we'll all get through this without have to buy a whole new wardrobe to go back to work! :lol:

In the process of coordinating the walk throughs for my clients' closings on Friday. It's going to be a matter of unlock the door, get back in my car, let them walk through, relock the door, and put the keys in a lockbox for them to open once the closing is over. No one is interested in being in the same room together, LOL. I'm trying to figure out what to do for a closing gift. Maybe the local liquor store has gone to e-gift cards because I'm sure those two can use a drink after SIP with a 2 and 5 year old for over a month, and then moving!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you are going to have to recycle glasses so I can get a glimpse of them all. They are so cool.

You deserved a day off from certifications. I spent most of my days in meetings. Joy. They had an ATM and said they let 1100 employees go last week. One of the submitted questions was would there be more layoffs and he didn't really say no. Great.

Nice to get out for a walk today. i swear my legs are getting weak from not walking much. I need to take my car out for a spin too so the battery doesn't die. Nice to start a thread.

Interesting way to do a walk through but I get it. i am sure thee couple could use a liquor gift card between moving and having 2 young kiids.

I worked today, had leftovers for lunch and Marty brought home burgers and Frostys for supper.

More snow on the way this week.

Curby / Marcy

P.S. I am tempted to order my ACA dangle earrings this week. Maybe.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I agree with Marcy, the glasses are so pretty! Good for getting out for a walk. I was doing much better with all of this when I could go to the park for a good walk. Plus for the past year I have been walking a couple miles a day during the day at work on break and lunch, and I’m really missing that movement. I hope everything goes smoothly with the closing on Friday.

Marcy-I put earrings in today. Yay! I put rings on too, but they felt weird so I took them off and slathered on lotion instead. I’m so glad you remembered your ring was in your locker! Don’t lose that!! Lucky you can get your groceries delivered from Kroger. We will pickup our grocery order from Walmart today and I’ll try to place a Kroger delivery order for what I couldn’t get at Walmart. This is so crazy! The uncertainty with jobs weighs so heavily on everyone.

I was really productive today, and the workday actually flew by pretty fast. We had a department zoom meeting this morning. I have to say it is nice to see and hear other people, even though I didn’t take the tape off of my camera and nobody could see me. Haha! We took a good walk after work today. There is a good walking neighborhood close to our neighborhood. We just have to walk quickly on a dicey, curvy road to get to it. Lots of hills too, but it is more spread out than our neighborhood so we can get a good 3 miles in there, and then walk back to our neighborhood and up 2 more hills. I live the sticks! A huge dog came running at me, then stopped beside me and leaned over on my leg and looked at me so sweetly. It’s head came all the way to my waist! Scared me a little, but ended up being a sweet dog just wanting some attention. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooohhh... Marcy...get the earrings! I love dangle earrings!!

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I'm with Deegee -- get the earrings! And I'm glad you reminded me about taking the car for a spin! It hasn't been out of the garage for ages and I better try it today to make sure it doesn't have a dead battery so I don't have any problems on Friday when I need to go downtown.

Deegee, TR has two dogs, an Australian shepherd and a Parson's terrior (in the Jack Russel family). The Aussie LOVVVVVVVVES people. ALL people. The range collars keep them from going out of the yard or else I'm sure the Aussie would go home with every person walking by who would stop and pet him!

Yesterday I started down part 3 of the certification process. It was a total clusterfvck. I finally figured out the way to do it around 3 pm and I worked until 10 and am still only 75% done with that part. Ugh. So you know what I'll be doing today!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I love dogs so much. Way more than most people! That recertification stuff does not sound terribly fun. I have on the to do list in my mind to finish the user guides for my old department. I left the more rarely occurring situations out because those take more thought, and somehow I still can’t get to them!

Hi Marcy! Did you order the earrings?

Today was a mostly successful day. After work, we picked up our Walmart grocery order and got almost everything we requested. I was able to pick up one of my two prescriptions. For some reason, CVS won’t fill my steroid eye drop, so I have to get it at a different pharmacy. The CVS drive thru pharmacy pickup was backed up around the building and into the street, so we drove on by. We got Outback take out for dinner, came home and washed groceries then ate. Crazy! We have this white stuff coming out of the sky. WTH? We had the air conditioner on a few days ago! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I’d drink more if I had Dee Jay’s gorgeous glasses. That really stinks you can’t go walk in the park. I swear I’m going to utilize our greenway once it warms up.

Yay for putting in earrings. I desperately need to put lotion on my hands too but I hate to get lotion on my electronics. I have 9 dry cracks on my hands right now that need some TLC (okay one is a nasty cut from a potato peeler). I dug out my Tiffany band and my EC ring yesterday and wore them again today.

I am glad your order from Walmart was mostly complete. That's nuts about the line at CSV. We got 4 dozen fresh eggs from my sister today which was nice since we were almost out. The job losses are awful and very worrisome.

We have up to 10" of that white stuff coming tomorrow night. I hope you don't get that much.

That does sound like a lovely place to walk by. I am glad the big dog was friendly. Our last house had a doberman that was huge; right after we moved in I pulled up in the driveway and felt someone staring at me; I looked up and he was at my door. I get out and say hi puppy and he starts wagging his tail. Phew.

Thanks for the vote on the earrings.

Dee Jay, all right that makes vote #2 for the earrings. I feel social pressure now. Bwhahahahahahahahaha.

Good idea to start your car. Marty took my car to get window food for lunch; it worked. I sent him a text not to hotrod my car. I heard him rev it up when he pulled back in the garage. I give him crap for doing that but of course it’s okay when I do it.

Rats that part 3 was a cluster but good deal you got it figured out. I hope you got a lot done today.

I spent most of my day on conference calls. Our cleaning lady came so I washed towels and the table cloth after she left. She always has some candy out of our candy bowl when she is here and was sad it was almost empty so she picked us up a bag and dropped it by after lunch. We get the Russell Stover assorted chocolates for the candy dish. Then my sister brought us 4 dozen farm fresh eggs.

I did my lifting - boosted it up to 101 pounds deadlifting. I am not upping my presses or row since my shoulder / arm is protesting so much.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, wow about the CVS line! I guess it's better than people aren't going into the store, but what a PITA. I haven't been to an Outback for ages. That's the place with the blooming onion, right?

Curby, I forgot to start my car yesterday and last night I had a crazy dream about getting gas at Costco. Every time a pump would open up someone would zip over and get in the spot before I could get to it!

I made some progress on the certs last night. Twelve people complete, 8 outstanding (so I've done my part, now they need to do theirs), SEVENTY FIVE yet to be touched. Well... OK... now that I type that out maybe I didn't make as much progress and I thought, LOL!

At 6:30 this morning there was a huge BOOM from downstairs and the whole house shook. I though TR had fallen down the stairs or something! But he was carrying something really heavy and it fell off the handle. Good thing it didn't drop on his foot! Long story short, then I was awake... much earlier than I needed to be.

Off to read the news and then an early shower. Might as well get to it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding some decorations to my “desk”
18886BD2-DFC5-420F-B7D2-5789F9E1D92B.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, i used to love the peach drink at Outback - Wallybedarned or something like that. They are too sweet for me now.

Funny dream you had about getting gas at Costco; sounds like you should take your car for a spin today.

You are making progress on certifications; every one completed knocks down the number left. Sweet.

Oh no to hearing something fall; at least it wasn't TR falling down the stairs. For some reason I've always had a fear of that probably because I am such a klutz.

I got up at 6:30 reluctantly. I am trying to keep somewhat normal hours. They are starting to take temperatures before they'll let us go on site at work. Joy.

I made myself a Marcy McMuffin for breakfast. I'm starving. I threw some potatoes in the oven for lunch and Marty will grill us some burgers. We are low on food and a nasty storm is starting at 6 ish tonight.

Have a great day.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I’m so glad TR didn’t fall down the stairs! A loud boom is not a good sound to wake up to. Focus on the certs completed and not that other number. Every evening when I read this thread, I think I will definitely start my car tomorrow. I always forget! We took it for a quick drive a few weeks ago, then Matt washed it and it’s been in the garage ever since.

Marcy-are you going to be going back to an office soon? I can’t believe I’m actually looking forward to it. I was planning to retire in 4 years, but maybe that’s not a great idea after all! We will be working from home through next week at a minimum, which will make 5 weeks. So much for a 14 day quarantine! I’m trying to keep my regular hours too so it won’t be too hard to go back. Are your parks still open so Marty can continue his workouts in the park?

Matt is now an official colorist. Haha! He colored my hair for me this evening. Being the chemical engineer he is, he took great care to get the mixture uniform and he experimented with technique. I just rinsed it out and my hair wrapped in a towel to get some water out. Wish me luck! If it looks bad, I guess he’s really the only one who will see it anyway. Our internet speed was abysmal today, so my work productivity wasn’t great. The last day in the office, I copied a whole bunch of files to my hard drive so I could work offline, which came in handy today! Have a great day tomorrow! We have a Kroger pickup scheduled for 9 to get what was unavailable at walmart and I’ve got to get my prescription from CVS, one way or the other.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, when I saw your post yesterday afternoon it reminded me that I STILL hadn't started my car yet! So I hopped in and went for a 20 minute drive. When I got back I realized I still had my slippers on, LOL. But I did remember to grab my wallet with my license, so that counts for something!

Deegee, how did your hair turn out? I have been pretty fortunate with the tech situation, although TR did call his internet provider and boost service when I started WFH here because in the beginning I would get "your internet connection is unstable" messages during zoom meetings. Now it's doing ok.

Yesterday I got out a bunch more certs, so now 20 are done and 14 are done on my end (waiting for the employee to finish). Today I plan on blasting a TON more out. I also cleaned out The Laundry Basket Of Death, which is the basket beside the washer where lone socks live, as well as a bunch of other stuff that TR had taken out of the dryer and never put away. Last weekend the youngest feral was saying he didn't have any pants. I was like, How can that be? All I fvcking DO is laundry. Yes... well... Let me refer you back to The Laundry Basket Of Death. Everything is folded and on the kitchen table awaiting a trip upstairs. And I'm going to throw away about 20 lone socks. No joke. How can there BE so many singles?!?

I have an idea that I might clean out my car today. No promises there, but it might happen...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee did you take your car for a spin?

I don’t know when we can go back in to the office either. I totally get what you mean about retiring; I know it would be different since we aren’t under house arrest but still. Our local parks are open but there is a restriction of groups under 10 and keeping 6 feet apart.

Nice that Matt is officially a colorist. Sweet. Does it look good today?

Good idea to take files home with you in case you need them. I am logging in to my PC at work but can’t access a computer I have our procedures on; darn. They gave me a Mac Thunderbolt monitor so I logon to a Mac PC then remote in to my Windows PC. My procedures manual is done on Mac Pages and I didn’t think of bringing a copy of that home with me.

I hope Krogers had everything for you and that you were able to pick up your prescription.

Dee Jay, that is pretty funny you went for a drive in your slippers. We were running to Lowes one time in the pickup and Marty puts it in reverse and I pointed out to him he had on slippers. That would have been pretty funny going in to the store like that. And even better he has bunny slippers now.

Yay for making progress on certifications.

Nice to get the laundry basket of Death. Isn’t it amazing how those single socks pile up? I occasionally toss those strays out.

It’s way too cold here to clean out my car or take it for a drive. I am guessing we’ve had about 7-8 inches of snow out there.

I played cribbage with FaceTime and Google Chats today with a friend of mine. Her daughter held up my cars and then I told her which one to play. It took us aa while to get it to work smoothly but it ended up working pretty well.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I forgot to take my car out again! We took Matt’s new SUV instead because he’s in love with it and wants to drive it everywhere. I saved a copy of my old department’s procedure manuals to my laptop, but only because I couldn’t access anything the first day at home. I went back to work and saved a copy of everything I could think of. Your cribbage game sounds fun. That’s an imaginative solution!

Dee*Jay- I feel like I do laundry every other day, and there are only two of us! How the heck is that even happening? You’re on a mission to get those certifications finished! I get that stupid internet message every single zoom meeting.

Matt did a fine job coloring my hair. I told him he could save us big money every 4 weeks if he would take care of it for me! They substituted a whole bunch of store brand items in our Kroger order, and we didn’t get everything we requested. At least we’re stocked up and won’t need to go out for a while. We were the first in line at the CVS pharmacy drive thru, so I declare it a successful day. I took 4 short walks today, and ran the vacuum & cleaned house after work. I miss my cleaners so much!

Here’s my hair. I have little streaks of hair that won’t take color, so it always looks a little striped. I realized when I looked at the pic that you can see two of the four paint stripes I painted in 2015 under the cabinet to pick a color for the kitchen. I didn’t like any of them. I have GOT to paint the kitchen. I want a tile backsplash, and I haven’t even begun to look at those.
982E9419-D3AE-4E66-A075-30FE9F1FC1DE.jpeg

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I have a funny story about leaving the house in my slippers. One time the CB (remember him, LOL?!) was having a medical procedure super early in the morning. He was really nervous about it and didn't want to go but it had to be done. I was so focused on getting him out of the house and over to Northwestern (including his ID, which we had to have the uber circle back to the house for because he left it on the counter with his paperwork!) that I didn't realize until we were in the waiting room I still had my slippers on. Fortunately they are hard soled and even though they were open toed and heeled they were black and I had black socks and pants on so it wasn't tooooo obvious (or at least that's what I told myself!).

Deegee, I think your hair looks great! And the "stripes" look like highlights -- high dollar! If you want a backsplash idea I got this for my kitchen and my cabinets looks similar to yours. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q6XZW6V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Of course I haven't put it up yet, but I will some day, I swear! I'd post a picture of my kitchen but you and Curby would feel sorry for me because I'm sure it's about one tenth the size of you guys' living in the land of wide open space and big rooms, ha ha.

I am THRILLED to report that my clients closed yesterday! The agent for the buyers of their place broke her leg falling off her 13 year old daughter's skateboard (!!!) so I told her I'd handle the walk-through for the buyers since I'd planned on going to the unit anyway to walk through and make sure everything was OK. After that closing my buyers immediately closed on the purchase of their new house. I was able to get an e-gift card from our local bit liquor store (which has curbside pickup!) and they were very happy with the gift. I kept thinking I should send it to them early since they were stuck in 1200 square feet with their kids for over a month but I didn't want to jinx the deals, ha ha.

No ferals this weekend so TR and I will have to amuse ourselves. Maybe I'll finally get some closet cleaning done... or not... :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Yesterday we went for a walk, but it was very windy. The dogs were sooooo tired afterwards they just slept for the rest of the day. Shows you how little exercise they're getting now if one walk is enough to sack them out! I think it's going to be just as warm today and not windy so we'll go out around the neighborhood again.

I made beef stew in the crock pot. Just stew meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and two packages of beef gravy. It was OK but not great. I found that McCormick also makes a beef stew packet that I'll use next time instead of the gravy. Today we're having chicken with crispy breadcrumb coating for dinner. I'm like an old person, planning meals days in advance LOL.

There is some work looming on the horizon, but it's the kind of thing I can do on the couch with a glass of wine so I might put that off until quite a bit later!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results