shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s pretty funny Dee Jay. We think alike. And as you can tell now it’s time for a little bit of wine.

98CC0F53-5D30-4ECB-AEC8-2D44E011DE9F.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I couldn't help myself yesterday and I said to TR "Between your fingers too!" when he was washing his hands because he puts his fingers together and just rubs his palms back and forth under the water. Well of course he snapped at me. Seriously! I want to sit him down and make him watch a video on proper hand washing! If I die it's because he is lousy with soap and water!

Yesterday I trained six people and then we had a department "happy hour" on zoom. Fortunately my boss had a call at 5:30 so it only went for half an hour. People (not me!) want to do this ever week. Frankly once was nice, but every week seems like over kill...

Today I've got a bunch more employees on my line up. I also need to talk with my boss about quarterly certifications. That is THE LAST thing he wants to discuss given how busy he is right now, but it is one of my primary responsibilities so I have to find a way to get his attention on this. Ugh.

It's supposed to be 60 here today. Maybe I'll actually step outside the house. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, not sure how much you wander over to Hangout right now (other than the NIRDI thread) but I am instituting a Daily Happy Hour starting TODAY! Wanted to make sure you saw that thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I did chuckle at you telling TR to wash his hands better. I've really had to bite my tongue several times myself. I know it would not go over well here either.

That is nice you are getting so much training done and woo hoo the happy hour was only a half hour. I think that would get old every week.

Good luck starting quarterly certifications.

I am glad one of us is having nice weather. It's cold, windy, icy and snowy here. At least I'm not out in it.

Ooh I will check out your happy hour. Did you see Sharon (canuk-gal) mentioned you and me as the only PSers she knew liked wine. :lol:

Today is an instant replay for me. Meetings and doing my normal work. I am brewing up a pot of beef noodle soup for supper. Marty is going to go lift at his gym this afternoon. Our local paper is asking people to submit photos that show how you are dealing with the CV and social distancing. I sent in the picture of Marty and some of his clients lifting in the park; they answered me already they would try to get it in the paper tomorrow or this weekend. Sweet.

Take care. Keep those hands clean.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies! Crazy times, huh? I hope you’re staying healthy and have clean hands!

I’ve been working from home since March 18, and I’m about to go nuts. Matt started working from home last week, and I am so glad we have offices on different floors of our house. He is on conference calls ALL day! Plus he’s a chemical engineer and I’d swear he’s speaking some kind of foreign language. Up until Sunday, I was still able to go for daily walks at the park even though everything else is closed. People had to congregate over the gorgeous weekend, so now all of the state, county, and city parks are closed along with all recreational areas on school property. I live on a hill, up a hill so my walks are now pretty boring. My glutes are getting a darn good workout though.

I have only been looking at the memes thread in hangout. I can’t deal with all that other stuff (but I may have to step into dee*jay’s happy hour thread). WV is doing really well so far because the governor shut everything down so soon. Unfortunately, I live in the area with the highest number of cases in the state (47) and they’re concerned that there are a few clusters in our little town. Charleston is the state capital, but believe me...it’s a little town in a small state!

So Marcy, I cannot tell you how AWESOME it is not to be a manager! I got everything up and running last week for my previous department to be able to work remotely, then I happily stepped right back out. I am mostly a technology person now. Not IT, but technology for our system (the project I worked on), sharepoint administrator, that kind of thing. I love my new job so much better, I can’t even put it into words. So you’re still doing your lifting? That’s great! I dug out an old set of weights to try to do some arm exercises. They’re a whopping 6 pounds each. Gotta start somewhere. No making fun of me!

Dee*Jay-have they been able to continue working on your place downtown? I so want to see pictures! I still haven’t painted my kitchen or hung pictures. Or bought anything for the house. I am glad I actually bought furniture and set up my home office a few years ago. I had no idea how much I’d be using it. I have discovered my desk chair is purely for looks because my back is killing me! Matt is Mr. Safety, so he criticizes my hand washing technique. I watched a video. I know what I’m doing.

Have a great evening. I’m off to either shred paper (I got a new shredder a few weeks ago. So exciting!) or take my 3rd walk of the day up and down the hills in my neighborhood. Bye!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee! This is crazy times and my hands are gross - super dried out, red, cracked - probably resemble everyone else's hands.

That's good you and Matt can work in different areas of the house; we are on different floors so that helps. Bummer the parks are closed. I bet your gluts are getting a workout.

Glad to hear your state is doing well.

I am so jealous you are not a manager anymore. I am delighted you are loving your new job. I got rid of my worst employee but the others are still a challenge. I had to get after one of my employees twice a day for 8 days before she finally started logging in to meetings on time. The last message was a warning and clearly told her she is being disrespectful to everyone on the call. She's been logging in before me.

Yes, I am still lifting. I just deadlfted 98 pounds a few minutes ago. And yes you gotta start somewhere. I actually like lifting.

Nice you got your office set up at home a few years ago. I hate to hear your chair is hurting your back. We have a Sealy for big and tall men chair at our desk upstairs and I hate it. Marty hated it too or it wouldn't be upstairs in our den. You're like me though it's not like we can go shopping for a new chair.

LOL that Matt doesn't like how you wash your hands.

BTW Dee Jay, Marty brought in our mail and it's plopped right on the kitchen counter. I'll leave it alone for a day.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee!!! SO good to see you! Yes, please join the happy hour thread! My place is pretty much done (still some artwork to hang, etc., but the big stuff is finished). Congrats on no longer being a manger. If I never have people under me again it will be too soon. LOL on Matt working from home too -- I'd have to kill myself if TR was here all day every day. Then again, maybe it's not such a good thing he's going into the bank (where he sits alone in his office ever day on the phone that only he touches). Nothing I can do about it but clean the hell out of the house Con.Stant.Ly.

Curby, wow, you are getting ON IT with the lifting! Good for you! Yesterday TR was on a call when he came home. He walked in the door, let the dogs out another door, went out on side deck through a THIRD door to start the grille, stopped in the kitchen and put his hands all over the counter, and opened a bunch of cabinets. THEN he hung up and washed his hands. I was right behind him the whole way with a bottle of cleaner and a wad of paper towels. REALLY?!?

Yesterday I unexpectedly had to run downtown. I took advantage of the trip to swing by one of my coworkers' houses and he met me on the sidewalk an threw a file I needed in the back seat of my car through the window. It was like a drug deal, ha ha! Then I spent an ungoldy amount of time tearing apart my storage locker in search of a document I didn't find. I have no idea where this thing could be... My last hope is there might be a box down in TR's basement that has it. Once I get up and motivated I'll be digging around there and praying I can lay my hands on it...

I've have four training calls on my calendar today. Oh joy. If the creator of zoom were here right now I swear I'd smack him in the head!

OK, off to the shower!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I found our face masks

1585961202705.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- I want one of those masks too! I think I would like lifting. I really want to build upper body strength. I have been faithfully walking at least 5 miles a day for a little over a year, and there is a huge difference in my stamina and endurance. It has helped my back problems too, even though my back is bugging me so much right now. At least I’m not totally down. My hands...oh my hands. But you’re right, everybody’s hands look about the same right now! I bought a tub of cetaphill cream the last time we were at Sams, and even that stings when I use it now. Was Marty in the paper? We have no place do to anything outside now, and that’s sad. We have so many open spaces, and it’s a shame people had to go and ruin it for those of us who are behaving.

Dee*Jay-my sister is a trust officer at a bank, and she was going in until Wednesday of this week. The bank president decided to really pare down who really needed to be there, he sent the trust group home. She’s working at her kitchen table while her teacher husband plays video games and watches Netflix, her 17 yr old constantly complains about being bored, and her 21 year old is trying to finish up her college courses at the same kitchen table. I guess I’ve got it good! No kids, offices on different floors. I’m spoiled! Your trip down town just sounds so unreal with the throwing the file through the window. It’s crazy. I hope you find your document. If Matt is looking for anything right now, there’s a good chance I fed it to my new shredder.

And speaking of spoiled... Matt and I cleaned house today. We haven’t cleaned our own house since my car wreck in 1998 when I had broken bones and the injury to my spine. We hired a service and never looked back! We didn’t even get the entire house clean before we decided we were just too tired to continue. We have 3 cats and a dog, so the pet hair is just crazy. That’s the reason I decided to have cleaners come every single week. I will never take them for granted again. So my day went like this...walked down the hall to my office, worked, morning walk up & down the hills, work, governor’s press conference, lunch, work, afternoon walk up and down the hills, work, after work walk up and down the hills, clean house, homemade pizza, couch. Might have one more walk up and down the hills in me, but probably not. I’m getting to know all my neighbors. People are so bored and lonely that instead of waving as you pass, they strike up a conversation from their driveways. that’s probably a good thing. I’m off to call my mom. She turned 82 on St Patrick’s day and I haven’t been able to go visit. I am in a cluster zone, and I will not expose her to anything. My sisters and nieces have been able to stop by for visits (spaced out in the yard). We normally went to KY every Sunday for dinner, and it has been a month since we were there. We’re going to have to have a Zoom dinner or something. Have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, now THAT is a mask I would be happy to wear! I actually do have a mask, strangely enough. Our office services guy ordered one for all of us weeks and weeks ago. It's sitting in my car right now (probably smashed flat -- it's one of the shaped kind) but I guess it's better than nothing if I need it.

Deegee, I couldn't work in the environment your sister is in! I've got the entire dining room and often go sit in other parts of the house to take calls that aren't zoom. And I hear ya on the cleaning people. When Bill and I had the two dogs it was a constant battle. Up here at TR's it's even worse (the Australian shepherd sheds like it's his fvcking JOB), but no one else seems to care so I don't kill myself trying to keep someone else's house clean!

Speaking of the Aussie, this morning around 6:45 I heard him barking. I came downstairs and looked all over the first floor and outside. Then I realized he was in the oldest child's bedroom. Said child was dead asleep, even though the dog was barking loud enough to wake ME up in a different bedroom across the hall. WTF. So then of course the dogs had to go out and be fed (or else the Aussie would start barking AGAIN because he's a hungry mo fo). Long story short, 6:45 on a Saturday morning and I am UP. WTF.

And speaking of WTF (are you starting to see a theme here?!) I've got a zoom with my boss and another guy on my team at 9 am. Yes, on Saturday. We have a regulatory item that the SEC has given us no relief on that's due April 30 and we need to figure out how to do it electronically, which is completely different from the paper process we've always used in the past. I'd love to be able to work on setting up the template today and tomorrow if possible so it can get rolled out early next week. Each employee needs to log on and do this thing and getting them to do it under normal circumstances is difficult, but now when Momma Dee isn't around to go to each person's office and say, "DUDE, where is your paperwork?!" it's going to be damn near impossible...

OK, off to find some more coffee!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Yes ladies; that is the perfect mask for us.

Dee Jay, funny that you, Deegee and Marty all say you’d never want to manage people again. I am totally on board with that. I can wish upon a star . . .

Sounds like TR was making sure to hit all the hot spots in the house when he came home. Marty opened our new bag of tortilla chips last night and brought the bag in to the living room and proceeded to get out one chip at a time. I couldn’t help myself and asked did you wash your hands before sticking it in that chip bag. You know the answer.

I can totally imagine the file being thrown in through the back window of your car. Sounds like something right out of a movie.

Nice you have a mask; you can’t find them online to buy. I have fleece scarfs I could use if I want something. I am claustrophobic so don’t like things over my nose and mouth. I’d guess both TR and Marty wouldn’t wear one anyway.

Oh no the dog woke you up so early and that you had to tend to his needs.

Crap to getting the regulatory item done this month when you can’t go hunt people down to fill out their portion. Good luck with that.

Deegee, was your Sam’s pretty well stocked or did it have lots of bare shelfs? We haven’t ventured to our Sam’s since this all started. II notice putting any kind of lotion on my raw hands makes them burn. My right is worse than my left. Marty has been in the paper twice. When he opened the gym they did a feature article on him and then I submitted a picture from last weekend when he and some of his clients met to lift in the park. That is too bad your parks are closed. We haven’t had nice enough weather to get a lot of people going to the park but tomorrow might be near 60.

Your sister’s work at home sounds busy with everyone at the same table and using the same internet.

Ugh to cleaning your house. I toyed with letting our cleaning lady go until this settles down but decided she disinfects everything; I wiped down the door handles and kitchen sink faucet after she left so felt okay with that.

That is cool your neighbors want to visit when you are out walking.

That is difficult not to go see your mom every week but definitely a good call.

I’ve been watching TV and doing laundry. I also listened to a video by one of Marty’s Starting Strength coaches out of Texas about the Coronavirus that was interesting. It was about 75 minutes long; he and 2 doctors explored how pretty much everything is an unknown - the cases, hospitalizations and potential deaths are based on models and projections, possible fallout from shutting down the economy and country, does this set us up for future shut downs if another new virus comes along. It is all so unsettling.

We rented the movies “I Still Believe” and “The Current War”. They were both pretty good.

Marty is doing another barbells in the park tomorrow. Maybe we’ll order curbside dinner tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-We were at Sams 3 weeks ago, after they had closed businesses like hair salons, gyms, restaurants and things like that, but before we were on official stay in place orders. Sams had limits on everything. We went through self checkout and I picked up 2 packages of cherry tomatoes, and the machine started beeping and the light in our lane started flashing. A limit on cherry tomatoes??? Anyway, it was really weird seeing empty aisles. Lots of empty aisles. And that was BEFORE the complete insanity began. We did suspend our cleaning service. They use masks and commercial disinfectant, but we live in a cluster area and we decided we didn’t want anyone coming into our safe space right now. Wowza, we don’t like cleaning!! How did Marty get into lifting? It seems like he’s really successful with it!

Dee*Jay-we has our first zoom meeting last week and it was hilarious! The Deputy Director sent out the invite less than an hour beforehand, and everybody looked pretty rough. She didn’t get ready either, and we were all laughing at ourselves. The meeting was scheduled for half an hour, but lasted an hour and a half because everybody was happy to be talking to other people! And a meeting on Saturday morning? WTF???? Good luck with getting everybody to do what they’re supposed to! Animals are messy, but it doesn’t bother me for some reason. Tumbleweeds of fur, rolling around everywhere.

I got a lot of nothing done today. My biggest accomplishment was spraying weed killer on the dandelions on the landscaping. I chatted with my neighbors while we all stayed in our yards, so it was a hollering chat. I didn’t even take an uphill downhill walk. I will do better tomorrow. Have a great day!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aw, man! Right after I posted, I checked the news. My area has been put on an official tighter lockdown by the governor. I really dislike stupid, selfish people who keep doing whatever they want right now!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I think Marty is awesome for doing workouts in the park! I bet he'll get clients out of it once this is over! If he were here I'd have him crack the whip for me. I swear if I were brave enough to look at the step counter on my phone some days the number would be negative, LOL.

Deegee, I actually make a point to put on a little makeup and have my hair presentable every day for these meetings. As the compliance officer I feel compelled to present a professional image. It's a curse, I know! Unlike the guy that I did training for on Friday afternoon... who was half propped up in his bed. I could see his headboard behind him and based on the angle he obviously had the laptop sitting on his stomach. I can only hope he had the bottoms on to those pajamas! :eek-2:

My boss bailed on the 9 am call literally one minute before yesterday. Fvcker! My coworker and I talked anyway to go over our options and then my boss called me later and I laid them out. Of course he chose the most difficult possible one. I spent ALL of yesterday building two versions of the choice to send him. I'm sure he'll have reasons for hating each one...

Today I think I'm going to do my real estate continuing education. The state has extended our license renewal deadline but I'm going to do the self study option so I might as well crank it out.

Last night for dinner I made spaghetti with meat sauce. To be clear: I browned hamburger and put it in jarred sauce, ha ha! But the kids actually ate it and didn't b!tch once! Tonight I'm making chicken and cous cous. Yes, cous cous. Last week I DEMANDED that they give me some options for meals they would eat without complaining and one of the things they said they like is cous cous. How do a 10 and 13 year old even KNOW about cous cous?! The 10 year old also said he loves quinoa (I was forty-goddam--six before I ever had QUINOA!) and they like chicken with fried capers an balsamic. ????? Well that's GREAT. Their MOTHER can make them chicken with fried capers and balsamic. I am making chicken with Shake And Bake. Equally as pleasing on the palate, I'm sure!

OK, off to the shower (which I somehow never got to yesterday)!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I bet our Sams Club is the same as yours. Marty went to Lowes to look for some kind of cleaner and sadly there was none. Aak.

That is nice your cleaning service was wearing a mask but since you are in a hotzone I get why you would cancel their services for a while.

Marty had a co-worker who was super overweight and unhealthy and he decided I don’t want to be like that so he started getting stuff for a gym in the basement. He did okay for a while but eventually signed up with a Starting Strength coach online. He had to get better / more equipment for our basement than. From there he decided he wanted someone to lift with him which turned in to his desire to be a coach. He has several strength / lifting certificates now and a nutritional certificate as well. He opened a very small gym in 2018 that didn’t work out; his only clients were 2 friends that paid him $50 a month. After he closed that gym he got on with Fitness One as a trainer. Some of his current clients were from there. He opened this gym on August. He has about 15 clients now (if they stay with them). He loves it. He goes in about 5 in the morning and stays until about 7 - 8 at night but still works he regular job.

It sounds like that Zoom meeting ended up being fun.

Darn you are under such a tough lockdown.

Dee Jay, Marty had 8 of his clients show up today for his Barbells in the Park. They had fun. LOL your step counter would be a negative number.

I hate the view of me if my laptop or iPad is on my lap. Ugh. That’s nice you get all pretty for your conference calls. I try to remember to close the camera before logging in.

Hopefully your boss picks one of the options you lined up for him. Great idea to get your continuing education done now.

That is totally my idea of spaghetti and meat sauce as well. Glad you didn’t get complaints. LOL to cous cous. Good call to just stick to shake and bake for chicken. We had take out from Culvers today.

I slept in an extra hour. Woo hoo. I did dishes, made price labels for my sister (she makes and sells doll clothes) and did a batch of dishes. I walked the labels over to the mail box and my right foot kind of started hurting bad - when I got back to our door something popped / cracked in that spot and it still hurts like heck. I’ve taken Advil, put some ice on it and propped my leg up. I put on a larger shoe.

I have wanted / needed new shoes for about a month now and just haven’t made it to the store to try them on. I ordered some online but they sent me the wrong size. That spot has been hurting in general so I guess I waited too long. Let’s hope it gets better because no way, no how do I want to go see a doctor.

I upgraded to the new Mac operating system. Still finding things to set up.

I guess our taxes are done. We get a refund of about $800. We have an appointment with her at 3 tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby Sore Foot

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Marcy-that’s interesting to hear how Marty got into the gym world. He wanted to be healthy and has made it a way of life (and you too!), so it will stick. Plus you both enjoy it! I made a lot of changes to my diet and lifestyle last year, and I am determined that they are permanent changes. I cut way back on sugar and alcohol, eat in moderation, and take a 5 mile walk every day. I lost 4 pant sizes and I don’t really feel like I’m doing anything hard. Well, it’s a little hard to get my walk in right now, but I’ll figure something out. I hope your foot is okay! Funny you close the camera before calls. I put a piece of electrical tape over mine, so all they saw was my name typed in the little box. I’m thinking if I can find a ski mask to wear, I’ll pull the tape off for the next call. I HATE seeing myself on video, or even in pictures for that matter. Nice to get a refund! We haven’t looked at taxes yet.

Dee*Jay-I have been getting kind of ready every day to try to keep somewhat of a routine. I have the tendency to turn into a sloth on vacation, but I know that’s a finite period and I can pull myself back together. Who knows how long this is going to last?! If I turn into a sloth for this, I may never get it together again. You added hamburger to your jar of sauce, and that’s fancy schmancy in my world! I am so NOT a cook. We’re proud of ourselves for making a variety edible meals so far, and we haven’t gotten sick from anything yet. Success!

Today I slept in, did laundry, cleaned the master bathroom, dug up weeds in the landscaping, took a walk, made dinner (Johnny Marzetti) and baked a batch of cookies. Chock full of excitement. Our neighbor kids drew messages and pictures in colorful sidewalk chalk on the road at the end of each driveway. I thought that was very sweet, and a nice pick me up. I’m off to read a little before bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, Yowch! How is your foot today? The last two times something "popped" on me I was (a) running across a slippery cobblestone street in the rain in Havana and (b) misjudged where the sidewalk ended and the grass begin due to snow cover in Aspen. Both of those resulted in me wearing a boot, so I'm really hoping you don't end up in the same boat!

Deegee, it was nice of your neighbor kids to put pictures and messages at the end of your driveway.
As for taxes... mine have been done for a while but I owe a bit to both the feds and the state so I'll be holding off mailing those checks for a bit given the automatic extension, LOL. That reminds me though, I do need to get the check off to pay my accountant.

Yesterday I finished all TWELVE HOURS of my real estate continuing education. What an absolute BALL that was... NOT! But at least it's done and I can send in my renewal. Dinner was pretty good, but I should have taken the foil off the chicken pan about 10 mins before it was done to crisp it up a little. Oh well, live and learn! The children did eat it -- along with the cous cous! -- so I consider that a win.

Today, in addition to continuing down the training path, I have to start getting the quarterly certifications out to my employees. What a *joy* that's going to be...

Might as well get up and get this show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I have never seen Marty be so committed to something this much as his gym and lifting. That is awesome you've lost 4 pant sizes. Congratulations. Sounds like you've made some positive and long term changes in your routines. My clothes are baggy for sure but i haven't replaced them. I have to wear crew neck t-shirts everything so my bra doesn't show. My pants almost fall off when I am pressing. I am not stress snacking at home like I do at work so that might be a good thing. That would be awesome to wear a ski mask for a conference call. Get a black one and tell them to give you all of their money. Funny you mentioned cooking and your meals; it seems like you and Matt eat out as much as we do. I saw a funny meme on FB - being at home made me realize 3 things I like to do the most - shop at unessential stores, eat at restaurants and touch my face. You had a busy day for sure. i've been getting up about 15 minutes later than normal and taking a shower before clocking in to work.

Dee Jay, yes those rice krispie noises in feet at not good. I recall one of your boot incidents; it doesn't sound fun. I fear they'd put me in a boot if i went to the doctor or ER plus I might come home with some unseen virus. Darn that you owe federal and state taxes. We got ours done today; i didn't ask when she'd submit them but I assume it will be today or tomorrow. She wants to start coming to Marty's gym when he opens again and her tax season is over. Wow you got all of your 12 credit hours done. Sweet. Nice the kids ate the chicken and cous cous. Marty grilled himself some chicken at about 3 pm so he grilled me a piece for supper. I have a potato baking and will warm up my chicken with it. Sounds like you had a busy day.

I only had 4 meetings today and skipped one of them as it was during out tax outing.

Marty went grocery shopping. Yes, I made him wash his hands when we were done taking care of things; he did say "Why?" :wall: I got out my magic microfiber cloth and wipes down the countertops, handles and knobs. i am leaving out tax documents just setting for a few days before I go through them and take care of them.

I have iced my foot several times today. It seems slighty better which in my mind means maybe something isn't broken. Wishful thinking I know. I was able to sleep okay. When I'm not walking or standing it is only a dull ache.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-your continuing education sounds like a blast! I couldn’t get logged in through the VPN early this morning, so I browsed the state employee online course catalog instead. Then I got logged in though the VPN and went on with my life. I do need to take some continuing education classes though, but I put that crap off as long as possible but before my name makes it to any “these employees haven’t done this” lists. We always owe taxes, so Matt always waits to get those done. He told me he was waiting for me, so today I sent him my list of donations to the animal rescue. I’m sure he’ll get right on it now!

Marcy-I sure hope you haven’t broken your foot! Do you have a boot around anywhere? If you go to the ER, take wipes, hand sanitizer, and Lysol. And wear a mask! My sister broke her left foot and right ankle at the same time last year, so she has a tall and short boot plus crutches she’s always offering to people. Sounds like you do need some new clothes! I broke down and bought new things last year because people were laughing at my baggy britches. Yes, Matt and I eat out a lot and probably spend too much time wandering aimlessly around stores. Gotta spend money somewhere. So does Marty really not get the hand washing thing? Even now? I guess I should be glad Matt is Mr. Safety.

Salons closed the day after my last hair appointment, and 4-week color appointment is tomorrow and I had a Brazilian blowout scheduled for Saturday. I have never colored my own hair on my entire life! I ordered dye the day the salons were ordered closed, but I just can’t work up the nerve to do it. I gave Matt possibly the worst haircut he has ever had last week, so I don’t know that I want to ask him to dye my hair. There might be retaliation!

I was thinking about swinging by work to get my chair tomorrow while the building is unlocked for a few hours, but a nursing home walking distance from work announced today that they have Covid positive patients and staff. The hospital where area positive patients are being treated is just past the nursing home, too close to my office. I have a Herman Miller Aeron chair, and I love it so much. But we’re on a pretty tight stay home order because our local number more than quadrupled in a week, so I’ll just do as the governor and mayor have ordered and keep myself home. Have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, how's the foot? As for going to the ER right now... geez... I'd have to have something MAJORLY else wrong with me before I'd consider it. One of my coworkers had to take his husband in last week because he cut his thumb and it was bleeding really really badly and wouldn't stop. They called ahead of time and got instructions to go in through a different door than the general ER and they said they felt like all other precautions were taken so if you do have to go for any reason call first and see if they have alternate plans in place.

Deegee, I feel like my whole life is continuing education! Aside from my real estate license I have to do 120 hours every 3 years for my CPA license. Of course that renewal sneaks up on you! Last time I had to do 90 hours in 6 months because I wasn't good about spacing it out. This time I'm *trying* to be better... but I'm not exactly ahead of the game right now either...

Yesterday I was just Exhausted with a capital E. So much so that I took a nap when I had a big gap in my training sessions, and I haven't done that since the first week of WFH. I also had a headache and a little nausea once in the morning, so of course I convinced myself I was dying of the virus!

My grocery shopping trips have been spaced out and well planned, and I was going to go next Tuesday again with a big list. Well TR said last night he wants to do a proper Easter dinner on Sunday for the kids. O... K... Why didn't he tell me that last week when I went shopping?!? He said something about going to the store himself, but I can't even get him to wash his hands properly when he comes in from his office so the last place I want him is wandering around a grocery store with a zillion other people who also don't wash their hands properly. Long story short, *I* will have to go. I'm thinking 7 am on Friday right when the store opens because I imagine the weekend will be busier. Fvck.

Today I have three trainings, including a new person that is starting today. And then I start to roll out the quarterly certifications for my employees. I'm going to do the less complicated people first and that way I should have the kinks worked out as I move up the line of complication.

OK, off to see what's happening downstairs because the dogs are making some noise.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, darn that you always owe taxes; we always owed taxes when I was teaching. I think the gym will change our taxes as well so we will see. I hope my foot isn’t broke either. Your poor sister breaking both feet at the same time. Baggy pants are showing positive things, right? I’m also so cold at work wearing layers helps keep me warm so I’ve resisted buying new clothes. Marty feels if the virus is in our house we are both going to get it anyway. He rarely rinses fruit and raw veggies either. When we need salad stuff cut up he always wants to cut it since I am not good with knives; I always rinse it all before I ask him to cut it up. Good luck with coloring your hair. I used to mess with blonde lightning things and ended up with Ronald McDonald orange so I quit. I always offer to cut Marty’s hair with the weed whacker but he never accepts. Darn that your good chair is in the danger zone.

Dee Jay, so you will be doing more shopping. I’ve got a big old Honey Baked Ham in my freezer - does that help? My aunt sent it to us and neither of us really eat ham. I’ll use it for whatever pot luck we get invited to sometime. My foot is better with my shoe on but hurt like heck sleeping last night and taking a shower this morning. Our ER has issued new instructions as well; only the patient can be dropped off at a certain door depending on your symptoms, etc. You know me - I’d have to be dead before you’d get me there anyway. I keep telling people at work the only way you are getting me to the doctor is to catch me first; and while it’s not hard to do anymore once I get to my car - I’m GONE. You do seem to be working on CE classes all the time. Oh no that you aren’t feeling well; I hope you are feeling better now. I hope the trainings go well today. What were the dogs barking at this morning?

So as I mentioned above my foot was talking to me last night. I got a little Tupperware out this morning and put some Advil in it for me; that way I don’t have to get up and limp off to the bathroom to get some. Once I got my shows on after my shower the pain subsided again. I might go try my presses and rows today then wait a few days for deadlifting.
I fixed both of us a dish of strawberries and sent Marty a text - he thought I was teasing him. Funny he is so suspicious of me. Like I’d play jokes on him or something.

Work is boring today. I have meetings this afternoon tho.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo Hoo. I just lifted this (100 pounds) 15 times

IMG_0294.JPG

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yikes! 100lbs 15 times? Dang!! That’s impressive! My niece works in an ER in Kentucky. She says there are signs everywhere outside the hospital instructing people with COVID symptoms not to come in through the main entrance, and gives them a number to call and someone would be out to meet them. She said people pay no attention and come right in the main entrance. I had that same experience with the Ronald McDonald orange in college. Maybe that’s why I’m so hesitant to try to dye my hair. My sister had broken her ankle and was wearing a tall boot. She was helping mom make dinner, and pulled up the mixer stand. The stand didn’t catch on one side, and mom’s deluxe KitchenAid mixer fell... yep...on my sisters foot. It broke at the big toe joint on the side of her foot. I can only imagine how much that hurt because those mixers are incredibly heavy.

Dee*jay- I only need 12 hours a year, and I STILL put it off. In addition to that, we have to take a privacy course each year because, as the retirement board, we have nothing but protected personal information. Plus a cyber security course. I was listening to a webinar about RMD law changes while jewelry shopping at the same time in January, and ended up buying a pair of earrings from Dover Jewelry and a ring from Mamabean. I told my boss that webinars were a little costly for me. Haha! Oh no for having to go to the grocery store! For some reason, Matt keeps offering to go but we don’t really need anything. I swear, he’s going to bring this virus home to me.

I woke up this morning with a migraine, so I texted my boss that I would be logging in late and went back to bed. After I got up for the day, I whacked my head on the chair railing and now I have 2 different headaches at the same time. Lily and I took four walks around the neighborhood to get some fresh air. Matt ended up going to his office because the network connection was too slow. He told me not to fret because only he and one other person were there, and they only talked by phone. He wouldn’t put his clothes in the washer and take a shower when he got home. I swear, these men.

Have a great Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby -- you go girl! That's AWESOME!!! I can't even motivate to carry the laundry basket upstairs and you're lifting half a car! (Dee hangs head in shame... ) How's your foot today?

Deegee, two different headaches at the same time -- YOWCH! How's it feeling now? As for the men; what's up with that? I mean, Matt, Marty and TR are all trying to kill us...

Yesterday I did training with two of my most annoying people. One "couldn't get the video to work" so we did only on audio. I could hear him opening mail and shuffling papers the whole time. The other decided to argue with me about our firm practices related to certain information disclosure as opposed to the practices of the firms "all his buddies" work for. Well maybe HE should go work where THEY work since it's obviously so much better. But at least now they are done! Today I've got two more and one tomorrow. And then I am finished, except for two people who are on maternity leave and the three managing directors I usually do in person with their quarterly certifications. No sure how that's going to be handled yet.

We had a hair storm last night that I was SURE was going to break the skylights. TR's truck got damaged. Ugh. Tornadoes... hail... what's next? Hoards of locusts?!

Alright, off to begin the day's adventure!

ETA: HAIL storm, not HAIR storm -- HA!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, thank you. I was impressed myself - I didn’t figure I’d get over 50 pounds. It’s sad that people are so oblivious and ignore signs. My boss’s wife is a nurse for a cardiologist. They have signs everywhere too and a patient and his wife were in with the doctor and his wife mentioned she had CV symptoms and that doctor went off on her and kicked both of them out of his office. Then he had to close things and have everything cleaned. Ouch, Ouch, Ouch to a Kitchen Aid falling on your sister’s foot. I don’t know what they weigh but they are heavy. I was telling Marty the other day I can finally pick up the mixer myself. I have it on a plastic place mat to make it easier to slide around. I totally do other things during webinars and even conference calls. My mind wanders. Since Matt is Mr Safety he’ll be careful going shopping. Oh no to hitting your head and having a migraine. I hope you are better tonight. I totally wouldn’t be able to get Marty to take off his clothes and drop them in the washer. He is getting better at putting stuff from the “outside” on top of dish towels.

Dee Jay, thank you. I can lug around cases of wine now. Ha Ha. My foot is achy slightly painful but not bad. I am starting to think it’s not broken but who knows. It was not as bad taking a shower this morning either. Yes, our men are trying to kill us. We ordered in pizza tonight. I covered the countertop with dishtowels for the pizza box. Then got out paper towels to lift the lid to the pizza box and Marty even washed his hands for eating. I noticed his second and third trip to finish out his box though he didn’t use the paper towel. The 2 people you trained today were annoying. One of my employees can never get things to work either; I keep noticing she doesn’t hang up in our google meets either. How rude to be multi tasking while you can hear it (but yes I do that). And the other person arguing with you about company policies - no one is forcing you to work here. Aargh. Yes, I did pause at “hair” storm. That is crazy getting hail damage already. I know those thunderstorms are kicking up. That is too bad TR’s vehicle was damaged. Yes locust and horses are drawing near.

I had a productive day. Watched Richard Jewel oh and got my work done. Listened in on multiple conference calls. My company did their layoffs today; no one under my senior manager was let go.

They have 3 holes dug behind us for foundations; they are very close to each other. I am calling them horizon killers.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!

Dee*Jay-I AM having a hair storm right now. It needs colored and straightened. Oh my, I’m a mess! Sorry TR’s truck got damaged. Matt has been leaving his new vehicle outside at night because he’s too lazy to put the mower and weed eater where it belongs in the garage. (Plus we have a table up so we can wipe down the groceries before bringing them in.) He didn’t have damage last night, but we’re supposed to get those storms again tonight.

Marcy-I have my KitchenAid mixer in a cabinet, and I have to ask Matt to get it out for me. That sucker is heavy! That’s awesome you can lift yours by yourself. You independent lady, you! Ugh for layoffs, but sounds like you’re okay. Matt’s company has instructed them to bill no more than 32 hours, which is a 20% pay cut. That stinks because Matt is lead on a big job and is 100% billable with no overhead. He has decided if that’s all he can bill, that’s all he’s going to work. Oh no for the 3 foundations dug behind you!

My head still hurts today, but I can’t decide if it is more migraine or head injury. We took a few walks in the neighborhood when we had breaks in the storms. Our governor, mayor and health officer are begging people to resist the urge to go anywhere, especially going to the store if you don’t absolutely need to, for the next 8-10 days. I am in a hot spot and I think our surge is coming up real soon, so it’s wise for us to stay in. I will do as they ask, but wow! This is getting to me! Ugh... have a good day tomorrow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm so glad to hear there's no bad news with your job! At this time things are scary indeed. As you know, I pretty much skirt on the edge of being fired all the time since my boss and I butt heads on a constant basis. Yesterday though he actually THANKED ME for doing something. I was momentarily speechless -- doesn't not happen often!

Deegee, ugh to a 20% cut. I agree with Matt though; if that's what they're paying for, that's what they get. LOL on the hair storm. Mine is pretty maintenance free at the moment, and I even trim my own bangs, so I'm just waiting this out. Did you get more storms last night? We had a wave of rain and small hair wash through late yesterday afternoon but it was quick and not nearly as severe as the other night.

I started testing the electronic quarterly certification process on people yesterday and it seems to work! Those were the "simple" ones, today I start moving on to the more complicated ones.

This morning at 11 I train my last person! Well OK... there are two out on maternity leave and the three MDs we'll likely do in person, but I'm considering the training DONE at this point until we get back to the office.

Super annoyed at something one of my guys did. At Nine Fvcking O'Clock Last Night. Now I have a call at 1:00 today to deal with it. Sometimes I could just smack these people!

OK, enough bitching about work! Off to the shower! I even have to wash my hair today because we have a department happy hour by zoom at 5:00 and I want to look fabulous for that, haha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, glad Matt’s new vehicle didn’t get damaged. I love the idea of having a table set up in the garage to wipe things down. I should go set one up while Marty is at his gym. I’d be in trouble but I like the idea. Yes, those mixers are heavy but that’s probably also why the work so well. Our last house didn’t have much countertop space so I kept my mixer in our pantry. Marty always had to get it out for me and put it away.

That stinks about a 20% pay cut for Matt.

I hate to hear your head still hurts. I hope your peak is not as bad as predicted; so far all projections seem to keep coming down.

Dee Jay, I am glad I wasn’t in the group that got cut; I do worry since I butt heads with my boss all the time but he really holds grudges so I pick my battles. I’ll present my side and reasoning and decide if it’s worth the resistance. That is awesome your boss thanked you for doing something; you are probably more valuable to him than you think. Luckily my boss has never learned my job which does give me a slight edge but only slightly.

Glad the training and quarterly certifications are going well. Ugh to having one of your guys creating a problem late at night. Those really irritate me. I get wanting to smack them sometimes.

Have fun at Happy Hour!

Not much new with me today. My foot is a bit more sore today but I haven’t taken Advil once so that’s something.

I heated up some leftover pizza for myself for lunch.

I dug out my diamond ring and Kentucky Blue Sapphire ring and KB sapphire earrings today. I try to put in earrings every other day because I don’t want my ear holes to close up.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i forgot to mention that I spilled a full glass of water and ice all over the end table, the hard wood floor, on the area rug and the wires coming out of a speaker. I didn't have to get Marty's help to move everything I can pick things up by myself now. :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot believe I am typing this!!!

The neighbor just came over and he and TR are in the basement packing up something that he (the neighbor) sold on ebay. Don't they know there's a fvcking pandemic on?!?!? I am so mad I could spit. Seriously, I'm tempted to pack up and go back downtown just to prove a point. He just Does No Goddamn Get It. How many more people need to die before the light bulb goes off??!??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results