carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you are having a fabulous time at the family Christmas. I need to start getting out dishes for mine tomorrow.

We had a gym GTG tonight which was fun. We met at a neighborhood bar for supper and a drink. Ended up being 11 of us which was fun. I had a glass of wine, water and a shot of baileys.

Tomorrow is Friday. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I am officially Off for the Holidays! Well... except for the conference call at 10;30 today and who knows what else they'll throw at me throughout the next few weeks... I'm not going back until January 6, so in theory there's no reason I shouldn't have my house pretty much completely together in the next 17 days!

Today TR and I are going to get my dining room table, and also hopefully a big leaning mirror for the bedroom at the same store, and head downtown. I've got a bunch of stuff in my car that I bought yesterday and we are ON A MISSION! I may even unwrap the plastic from my sofas, which were delivered the first week of November, ha ha.

The contractor manager is coming by my place some time today. I think HE thinks he's picking up a check. BUT we are going to have a walk around and look at some sh!t. Let's hope there is no bloodshed. TR will be there to supervise though so I think we'll be ok.

Alright, off to the shower!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how nice that you are off officially now for the holidays. You have a nice long vacation; I hope they don't find things for you to do while you are on vacation.

That's good TR is going to be with you for the meet and yell at the contractor today. Was there any bloodshed? I hope that went well and they either give you something off the remaining balance or he sees to it those things get fixed.

Nice that you are getting your place set up. That will be nice to have everything done and in place.

My 5 day weekend started at 5 today. I am so excited. I picked up Arby's for supper on the way home. Marty picked up most of the rest of our food for Sunday. I am washing my new blankets tonight and plan on getting out Christmas dishes tomorrow. Such excitement.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I am slowly working on things getting ready for the family Christmas tomorrow. Marty is cooking. I got out my Christmas china and Christmas glasses.

I lifted this morning, added a new type of lift and did some laundry. I am really sore today from head to toe. Getting old isn't for sissies. Ha Ha.

Off to do my next chore.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I agree with you wholeheartedly -- getting old certainly is not for sissies! I say this as I lie on my bed with my knees up in an effort to quell the ache in my back!

Today was pretty productive! I have (I think) settled on an arrangement for the living room furniture (which is not what I had originally envisioned!), decided to return the coffee tables I had gotten and ordered new ones (which are in the same family as what I had used in the boat house -- I am a one trick pony!), cleaned -- on my hands and knees -- half of of the living/dining room floor, washed the massive windows, and put a host of stuff away. The original plan was to head up to TR's this afternoon, but I was making such good progress I decided to stay downtown tonight so I can continue in the morning. I've got a TON of stuff to return at various places, and other stuff to buy (of course), but I think I'm going to have to split some of that into various trips.

One of the things I'm contemplating for the living room is a fake tree in one corner between the big windows. Do you have any opinion on them? I think there are "good" ones out there but I'm reluctant to buy any that I can't see in person because I think sending an 8 foot fake tree back as a return seems like a huge pain in the a$$, LOL. At Home (I think I've asked you before if you have that store out by you... ?) has some 7 foot options and I think with the right pot I could make that work. I do have a vision of driving down the highway with a enormous fake tree flapping out the window, haha! "Hello officer! ... Oh; that? Why, that's just a giant fake ficus! Don't worry -- no real plants were harmed in the making of this wild foliage-filled highway ride!" :lol:

OK, I guess it's time to go find something else productive to do now that my back has stopped spasming (for now, anyway!).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Merry Christmas Eve.

Dee Jay I totally responded to this on Saturday. WTH? Anyway, I hope you back is feeling better now.

You are making great progress on getting your new place all set up. Glad you are figuring out the furniture and what things you want to return and pick up. It's kind of a pain but fun as well.

I think some fake trees look great; some don't. I've seen quite a few silk ones that I have to feel the leaves to know if they are real or not. I can totally see you cruising down the highway with a big old plant sticking out the window.

The family Christmas dinner was fun. We cooked way too much food but Marty's tacos were a hit. Everyone went home about 8 that night and I had everything done and put away by bedtime.

Yesterday I slept in a little, had the cleaning lady here in the morning. A friend of mine brought over lunch for us and we played cards. I ran some errands in the afternoon and sadly I can't remember what I did last night so it must have been thrill-o-meter exciting.

This morning we headed to Colorado to shop. We started at our favorite kitchen store, then hit a few jewelry stores. I have given up my desire to buy a tanzanite ring. After seeing a few of them I remember why I sold what tanzanite rinigs I had. To me the stones look kind of glassy. We ate at a great BBQ place then headed home. I might go back to Jared's on Saturday though. I have a 1/2 carat heart diamond from there I wear as a RHR and they had a .80 I could upgrade to for about $850. I know that's not much size difference but since I do wear that ring quite a bit I know I'd enjoy having a slightly larger diamond. If I look in to upgrading my blue sapphire ring I'd spend way more than that. Sadly Marty was eyeballing a watch that was way more than that so maybe I shouldn't go back to compare diamonds this weekend. We do have to run to Denver anyway to turn in Marty's wedding band to be sized; it's way too tight for him. He bought it a few years ago at his skinniest.

This afternoon we went to see the new Star Wars movie. We both enjoyed it.

Have a very Merry Christmas tomorrow.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Kids!

Santa was good to me; amazingly I got a lot of Snoopy stuff. Marty made us French toast, eggs and bacon for breakfast and we are going to have grilled tenderloin in a while.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ho ho ho kids!

Curby, Merry Xmas to you and Marty and the killer rabbits! TR got me a stuffed giraffe taller than I am in honor of my Africa trip. When he was walking through Walmart yesterday with it in his cart people were like, "Aw! How old is your's?" He was like, "Um... 49." Hahahahaha!!!

This morning we got up at the a$$ crack of dawn and went to TR's ex's house to do presents with the kids. Then we came back here and did more. Those kids are Spoiled with a capital S. Then we had a great Xmas lunch/dinner of turkey (which was TR's first and it turned out GREAT!) and all the trimmings. After that I tried to take a nap but end up buying sh!t on the internet instead, LOL.

Progress continues on the house! Well... kinda... I got the new coffee tables, which came in amazingly fast. One of them is fine but the other one has bubbles in the glass, so I'll have to call in the next few days and get that replaced. The long narrow console table I ordered also came in (once again, shockingly fast!) so TR put that together too and it looks great!

Now to the "kinda" part: I ordered two sets of dining room chairs and returned both due to the color being SO far off of what it looked like online. Then I ordered a third set in cream leather(ette!) thinking you can't screw that up in terms of color so I figured I'd be safe. Yeah... but... The chairs were So Ridiculously Low that the back of them barely came up to to the level of the dining room table and the seat was only 15" off the ground! I sat in one and just started laughing -- my chin was pretty much resting on the table. So THOSE had to go back too. Now I'm out of ideas... and I'm definitely NOT buying anything else I can't see in person first!!!

Tomorrow I'm heading out early (I hope!) to try to find a FOURTH set of chairs and also a slew of other stuff, mostly decorative at this point. I'm on a mission for artwork at the moment and I *think* I may have something that will work. Plus I've got a back-up plan. So fingers crossed on that front.

OK, off to see what's happening in the living room. TR and the boys are verrrrry quiet. I suspect they may all be asleep on the couch in there!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, Ho Ho Ho indeed.

I love that TR got you a tall giraffe; that is awesome. Too cute he got lots of attention at Walmart with it.

You had a very early start to the day. I think most kids are spoiled rotten these days with presents. TR's Christmas dinner sounds quite good. We had a tenderloin roast cooked on the grill - while it was snowing.

I just bought some stuff online as well. My nieces wanted some of the eclipse mugs I made for Marty so I since Snapfish sent me a $20 off my order today I ordered mugs to ship to Texas. What a nice aunt I am!

That's great your coffee tables and console table came in so fast. Darn that you have to replace one of the coffee tables. Too funny about the low chairs. You'd have a hard time eating in that short of a chair. Marty's poker table is high for me; I have to I have reach over the edge of the table. I need a booster seat.

Have fun looking for chairs and art tomorrow. I am heading back to work. I'd like to call in sick and head to Colorado since we are expecting snow late Friday in to Saturday. Just because it's officially winter now it didn't have to remind me.

I'd be suspicious if TR and the ferals were quiet. Either they are napping or engrossed in a computer game.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday Kids!

Wow did it suck to go back to work today. Just being out of there for 5 days felt like weeks. Then of course as the day dragged on it seemed like I worked until 2 am. Luckily I left at 4:58, met Marty for supper and can enjoy the evening now. One more day to go then 2 days off again. Retirement looks appealing right now. :lol:

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Friday Kids!

We could have up to 7" of snow by tomorrow. I may not get to go look at that .80 heart diamond. Darn. Of course that saves me money. Other than that I don't have many plans for the weekend.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, TR must be channeling you because he just came into the bedroom with my coffee and said he's running over to the storage locker to get the snow blower. I was like... uh... are we expecting snow? He said no, but it's like insurance -- if he doesn't bring the machine home we WILL get dumped on at some point, LOL.

Today I am going to lunch with a friend of mine. We're going a combined xmas and birthday (his) celebration. It will (a) get me out of the house before I kill the children, and (b) put me in a whole new area with more home stores to visit. :lol: I am (I think!) honing in on some things... except of course for the ever elusive dining room chairs. Who knew THAT would be the thing that stymied me?!

OK, off to shower and reorganize the car. My friend's back is jacked up so I suspect I'll be driving. If that's the case I need to make a spot for him to actually sit because right now the passenger seat is filled with candle holders. And the back seat... bedding and lighting... The way back -- don't even get me STARTED on the way back area!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally agree with TR's philosophy about getting the snow blower to prevent getting snow. That's why we keep paying for "Cadillac" health insurance. So far we've hardly used it. Ha!

Speaking of snow blowers - our front yard and driveway are pretty drifted in. Joy. Can TR send one of the kids over with the snow blower?

Good plan to get out of the house so you don't kill the children. I often say there is a reason mother nature made sure I couldn't have kids. I'd be like no you can't get out of bed until Mommy has her second bloody Mary. :lol: Have fun visiting with your friend. And even better you'll be near home stores. When we bought our large dining room table we ended up buying from the same set / style / and finish as our smaller round table so we just bought more chairs to match what we already had. The fabric on the cushions is different but the chairs are identical. I like the chairs Marty bought for his poker table too; they are comfy. He got them at Pier 1.

Sounds like you have lots of things to unpack from your car. I always tell Marty if we move again it's not going to be until we are rich enough I can hire someone to pack and move everything for me.

Not much exciting going on today. I am NOT venturing out in to the drifts and icy world. Marty got our new heated mattress pad put on the bed so I am washing the flannel sheets right now. I lifted after we finiished watching the 1990's version of Jiminga. I had not watched that before. I told Marty his movie slowed me down.

I need to file my nails and get some nail polish on them; they have been a disaster the past week.

I have a roast in the crock pot and Marty just started some potatoes to mash.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A blurry world through our front window, my dead flowers are clear of snow though.

1577648554986.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Yep, that's by my driveway. I figure with the wind expected this week it will be right back on the driveway - hopefully that happens so i can't go to work rather than have to dig it out when I get home.

1577757970197.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, It pains me to even look at those pictures... :nono: We did get some flurries here this afternoon/evening, but really almost nothing. TR just ran over to the neighbor's to ask one of their kids to dog sit tomorrow night (nothing like waiting until the last minute!) and he said it is slick out though.

Today all my plans were shot to he!!. I have a crazy stabbing pain in my left shoulder blade. Using my degree from GUMS (Google University Medical School :lol: ) I have determined that I either have lung cancer, a blood clot or pleurisy. Or possibly tuberculosis. Perhaps a combination of those! In terms of treatment, I iced it on the couch for a long time and TR put a lidocaine patch on when he got home. I also self medicated with two hot toddys and a glass of presecco. Hopefully I'll be cured by morning!

I just now made a dinner reservation for tomorrow night. Given that it's the Night. Before. New Years. There weren't a lot of choices (imagine that!) but I got us something close to the house at 5:45. And I'm guessing they'll be running late anyway, so it should be fine. As for what we're going to do AFTER that... no idea...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I'll gladly send you some snow. I've got lots to spare. I am sure that drift in the front yard is well past my knees. Nice TR found someone to dog sit at the last minute. Phooey that it is slick out there.

i am so sorry about your left shoulder blade hurting so bad. I totally laughed at GUMS though. I do that all the time. And yes you convince yourself you have all sorts of horrible diseases. Hopefully lidocainie and alcohol is a sure fire cure and you feel great tomorrow.

it is rough to get a dinner reservation on New Year's Eve at the last minute. It is about as busy as Valentine's Day. Have fun! We are having some of Marty's clients over for gang night.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I’m just now surfacing after three solid days in bed with the flu. Will write more later but just wanted to check in. Ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, welcome back to the living. I hope you are feeling way better now.

I was cold and bored at work. Not much new there. Waiting for 5ish to roll around so I can head home. Tomorrow is Friday already. Woo Hoo. That 5 day work week next week is going to SUCK,

take care
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We headed down to Jared's this morning and I did trade my non-certified 1/2 carat heart diamond for a GIA .80 I Si1 heart diamond. I think it is only slightly larger but i will know it's a bigger diamond, right? i apparently bought the 1/2 carat heart diamond solitaire in 2006. I took my little ASET viewer with me and could see this I diamond has only decent light return on the ASET scale but the one I traded is was about the same and I enjoyed wearing it. I am concerned I won't like the I color but we will see once it is mounted. I thought of having them bring in an E or F heart to look at but that upped the price at least another $500 if not more and I wasn't willing to pay that for this RHR. If I'm sinking thousands in to a ring it's going to be sapphires. They didn't have a head that fit it in stock so they'll have it ready to pick up Friday. Marty is going to a gym thing in Denver on Saturday so can pick it up on his way home. The ladies in Jared’s were intrigued by my little ASET viewer. They wanted to see my ACA in it too.

We ventured over to a Sporting Goods store where I bought myself an $80 Yeti lunch bag; that sucker better keep my lunch COLD. We picked up Marty a few Yeti coffee cups as well.

After that we ventured over to lunch at a BBQ place then headed to our favorite kitchen store. Marty picked up a new Nespresso / Breville coffee maker. It makes both espresso and K-cups. I like that is freed up quite a bit of room on our countertop too. Sweet.

I took down my Snoopy village on the mantle. I need to pack it up in boxes still but at least I made some progress.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

Off to make popcorn for supper.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids.

Curby, today is the first day I've actually left the bedroom for any period of time. This flu has been BAD! I can't wait to see your new heart! I've always liked heart jewelry but the only thing I have is a pave pendant that I always mean to wear on Valentine's Day and remember about a week too late, ha ha.

Well tomorrow I HAVE to go downtown. I am too afraid to put it off until Monday morning because if I still fell less-than-great I want to make the trip with plenty of time and no pressure. That way I'll be there in the morning and can just go to work from there. It just kills me that I've lost basically an entire week when I could have been getting stuff together at my new house! Oh well, what can you do?

Not much else to report since I haven't don't a damn thing for days...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dee Jay. I am sorry your flu has been so nasty. I have heart socks too and always forget to wear them on Valentine's Day. I think of it the next day. I am a sucker for hearts.

I hope you feel better tomorrow for the drive in to town. it's miserable to have a lot to do and feel crappy. Good idea to head in on Sunday though so you don't have to rush around on Monday morning.

Take it easy.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Monday kids.

I made the drive downtown yesterday. It was pretty grim. I got to my place around 4:30, got in bed, and stayed there until this morning. Now I'm at work. That's pretty grim too. At least I look bad enough people are giving me a wide berth. Ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you went home early and are napping right now. You poor thing. Feel better soon.

I am wide awake and working. Bummer. I get to do regular work though with only 2 employees right now. It keeps me busy.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I think I'm gonna live, but it was pretty miserable there for a while. I left about 2 pm yesterday and went home and slept off and on for about four hours. When I got up I had some soup and actually did a little cleaning up in the living room, so that was nice. I think TR is going to come down tonight and help me with some things.

I'm at work today and so far so good. Still a little of the lingering headache, but nothing like what it was there for several days, so I'm glad of that!

Time to start the annual certification process. Better go get some extra paper and set up the printer. Compliance, here I come!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am so glad you are going to live. Sounds like your nap helped yesterday. You really had a nasty bug. Nice that TR is coming to help you with some things. Do you have your new couches yet?

Joy to starting on the annual certification again. Have fun! We started our 2019 appraisals yesterday. Talk about fun!

Our Wyoming Wind Festival is still in full force. At least it was sunny today.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I can imagine that your appraisals are as much fun as my certifications! At least people don't take my certs personally, LOL.

TR and I moved stuff around it... and it pretty much ended up back where it started, but at least I am more confident it's in the right place now that I've seen it elsewhere, ha ha. Unfortunately my beloved black leather chaise lounge is too big for the space, so that has to go. I think I'll try to find some swivel chairs to put in the big bay window. It would be fun to put my feel up on the window sill and look out while I drink my prosecco!

Tonight I have to go meet a client after work. They want to sell their current place and buy a new one. So far they seem normal and reasonable... but then again, they (almost) all do in the beginning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, appraisals are not fun especially the way my company does them. None of us walk on water. :lol:

That's good you and TR moved things around and found where they look the best. Darn that your black leather chaise lounge doesn't seem to work. Phooey. it sounds comfortable. I like the idea of swivel chairs by the biig bay windows. Good idea to put your feet up on the window sill while enjoying some prosecco.

I hope you client turns out to be a great client. Good luck with that.

I started my day at the dentist followed up by a funeral and made it to work by noon. We had temperatures near 50 today; that disappears tomorrow though with that 4 letter white stuff coming back. I lifted tonight - I dead lifted 78 pounds. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids. It's almost Friday. Woo hoo! We went out for supper and not much else is going on.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized I never hit submit on this post!

Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm so impressed by your lifting! There was a lady at one of the financial firms I worked out who got into body building HARD CORE. Like eating nothing but pureed chicken and purified water, that sort of thing. I saw pictures of here once in her competition bikini. That's my vision of you now -- you are Debbie in that lime green string bikini, hahahahaha!

Last night I went to see my clients. I was SOOOO tired that I got there early and parked across the street from their house... and slept in my car for 20 minutes. Yes, I fell asleep sitting up in my car in 25 degree weather. If I hadn't set an alarm I"m sure I would still be there LOL. It was all I could do when I got home to make it into bed and I didn't get up this morning until almost nine. This being sick has really taken it out of me!

Today I'm going to make a return at Home Goods (with the goal of only leaving there with some more pillows for the couches, and then got to the Restoration Hardware outlet where they have the swivel chairs I want to get for the bay window. Last weekend there was a 50% off sale and I hope it's still going on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results