carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I saw a headline about some winter storms that could disrupt travel this week, but I chose to ignore them. I figured I couldn't do anything about them anyway, so why worry!

I need to get up and take a shower and start throwing stuff in a suitcase. Too bad I'm not taking safari clothes on this trip because my luggage is still sitting on the floor from last week. I could zip that sucker back up and just throw it in the car!

OK, I hear TR coming up the stairs, He's going to start prodding me to get a move on any minute now!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I wish I could ignore the bad roads. I stayed home today but I hear the roads are awful. We have some serious drifts in our yard including our driveway. Phooey. You are right; we can't do much about these silly storms. I think we had about 12 inches but it's hard to tell since it drifted so much.

That would be funny to just take youor safari clothes on your trip.

I worked from home today. I haven't got an answer yet if my uber can take me to work tomorrow. He has a client first thing in the morning at his gym.

I baked cheesecake for Thanksgiving. It smells great!!!

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday Kids!

Dee Jay, are you in sunny and warm Arizona? Have a great time.

We left work 2 hours early today which I anxiously looked forward to all day. We got up to 12 degrees today but at least there wasn't any more snow. Our driveway was pretty drifted over but the pickup went through it okay. The people who shovel for us didn't come until some time this afternoon. I lifted this afternoon and fixed myself a bowl of soup for supper. Now I'm trying to find stocking stuffers for Marty online.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving!

We drove to Denver today and had lunch with my sister and her kids and families. It was a fun day. My cheesecake was delicious but I left what was left for them to enjoy. Roads weren't bad until coming home today; snow packed, icy and foggy once we got to the state line.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Black Friday.

Dee Jay, did you shop till you dropped? Did you have to buy another suitcase to bring everything home?

We are still cold, snowy and foggy. Marty met my BIL and nephews in Colorado for breakfast and shopping. I went to Micheal's and a shoe store then picked up groceries. I made some mini pizzas for lunch (and freezer) then worked on laundry. Such excitement.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We are having blizzard warnings through tomorrow morning. Fun! We put up our Christmas tree and decorations inside - screw putting them up outside. I got the December astronomy newsletter done and posted and started on laundry. We were taking a tenderloin roast to a cribbage tournament which got cancelled so Marty cut it in half and is cooking it for us now. We will freeze the other half and hope it is okay after freezing it again.

Take care.
Curby

1575152925419.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby LOL on Wyoming being closed! I think there are several places that should be closed right now. Phoenix had a tornado (!?!) about 4 am yesterday morning, which was sheer craziness for them. Various parts of town were without power, even into the afternoon. Wild!

So in a nutshell, we spent four days in Phoenix eating, eating, and eating some more. When we finally got home last last night I was kind of relieved I wouldn't be fed another huge meal any time soon, ha ha. Today I have been wrapping xmas gifts since late morning. There are still a bunch yet to be delivered and I'm kind of wishing they were here because I've got some wrapping energy left, but it is what it is.

Tomorrow TR and I are heading downtown with the hope of being able to put my bed together. Fingers crossed. I'm helping my friend who makes the cowhide bags at the One of a Kind Show this Thursday through Sunday so I would really like to be able to sleep there because with 12+ hour days at the show I'm not eager to be driving back and forth.

TR just woke up from a nap on the couch after a day of auctioning. We've had a pot of chili brewing so I think it's dinner time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, that is crazy about a tornado in the Phoenix area. That is unusual for them.

So you didn't starve while you were in Phoenix?

Good deal to start wrapping Christmas gifts. I think I have all of mine ordered except something for my employees. I started on my Christmas poem today and will get busy on cards this week. Plus I need to bake cookies.

I hope you and TR got your bed put together. I think it's a good plan to sleep there during your friend's show since it will be such long days.

Chili sounds great in this cold weather. I baked myself a potato and had a 4 oz sirloin so dumped BBQ sauce on it and baked it with my potato. Since it was small it came out blackened :lol: but it was still edible. I made a plate of raw veggies with it.

Marty ventured in to his gym and said the roads are a mess with lots of drifts. Joy.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, TR and I did get the bed together... but it was a little terse at times! Just when we thought we were on the down side of the project we opened the box that had all the slats for the bed platform and realized that piece had to be put together too. I think there were a hundred pieces to it! Oh well, it did get done so I guess we'll count it as a victory!

Today I am just swamped, and I don't see any relief any time soon. I need to get a ton of things together for my boss this week, and starting Thursday I'm helping the cow bag lady at the artisan show. It will be four looooong days of standing around looking like I lost a fight with a hairy cat. Wish me luck!

OK, off to finish printing and binding the annual review... just in time to start the next one for 2020 -- UGH!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, don't you have that when you think you are done putting something together and then you find more pieces? Especially when the instructions say "but first". Glad you got the bed put together. Progress. Have the finished your reno yet?

You do have a busy week. Darn those pesky annual reviews; you just get one wrapped up and here you go again. We'll be writing our reviews soon. Joy.

LOL to looking like yoou lost a fight with a hairy cat after helping at the artisan show. I have a fuzzy fleece jacket that I loved (it was warm) but I looked like I had a hairy cat setting on my lap by the end of the day. I threw it out.

Long day at work. We plan on letting my problem child go in the morning. My boss wanted to pack up her desk after everyone left so we stayed late. I think that was a mistake. One of my employees goes in at 7 so she'll notice for sure. Another lady came out while we were going through stuff and saw us; she might text her. We will see what happens in the morning. Wish me luck on that.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, let me know how the letting-go of the problem child pans out. And I hope that lady didn't alert her about the desk being cleaned out!

I picked up my car last night... and I don't think it's right. I can get to about 75 with no problem, but to go beyond that the RPMs jump from about 2500 to 4500 and it's SUPER sluggish. Before it had zippy acceleration (like head whipping) so this is not normal. I've got a call in to the service guy but no word back yet.

Today I have a slew of things that MUST get done. I am tempted to make a list but I'm afraid the sheer length of it will just depress me, ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no your car is sluggish. Something is wrong. We can’t be expected to drive a car that can’t go fast.

Good luck with your long list of things to do.

This morning went well. Security deactivated her badge and then told her to come in the East door and go to HR. she was typically late but about 10 after 8 she came in the HR office. Looked around and said I know what this is about so I’ll make it easy. I am quitting. The HR guy had her write a resignation letter and sign it. She picked out a few things from the box we packed up at her desk and she left.

I have to lift tonight and then start on Christmas cards.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

What a lovely day at work. Well I did get in a fight with a guy at corporate who doesn't want to do his job and said this is getting no where so I'm hanging up. And to be fair that was kind of fun.

Our huge piles of snow maybe went down about 1/2 inch. There is a drift around the corner from us that iis higher than my car.

I met a friend for lunch today which was nice to venture out. I lifted when I got home - pressed 35 pounds and lifted 67.5 pounds. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I met Marty for supper and now we are watching a Charlie Brown Christmas. And I'm cold. Thrill-o-meter pegged now. :lol:

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. This weekend I need to get cards done and start baking cookies.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick fly by! My car did the same thing on the way home on Tuesday night that it was in for in the first place. So I have now been towed twice in a row. Five days later and I haven't gotten a call from Lexus about what's wrong. Couldn't care less -- I'll drive their loaner for a year if they want me to!

Have been working the art show with my friend. This is day three of four and my feet are KILLING me tonight.Can't believe I have to stand around on that hard concrete floor for one more day... UGH.

Need to go to sleep now before I doze off right here with my hands on my keyboard...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no to car trouble. That's right drive their loaner car until they get it fixed. I hate car trouble.

Sorry your feet are killing you from standing around on concrete floor for 3 days; good luck tomorrow. I hope she is having good sales.

Sweet dreams tonight. You only have to get through one more day.

We got a LOT done today. Ran both vehicles through the car wash, ate lunch while we were out and wandered a new store at the mall - those were the fun things. At home we put on the winter sheets and blankets so I washed everything to put away. I finished my Christmas poem and we got all the cards ready to mail. I wrote a few sympathy cards, a birthday card and addressed some Christmas cards for people at work plus I got a batch of Christmas cookies baked and put in the freezer. And I lifted too - 70 pounds today.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Dee Jay, I hope you survived your last day of the show with the bag lady. I am so stiff and sore from one day of doing things I'm not used to that I can imagine how sore and tired you are from standing around on concrete for 4 days.

Day 2 of frantic must get this done. My last batch of laundry is washing right now. Marty is on his way to the post office to mail all of our cards; that will save my wheels from getting dings in that obstacle course. Ha Ha. Marty grilled sirloins for lunch and I made rice and fixed a plate of raw veggies. I an tell I lifted and pushed more weight yesterday since I am very achy / sore plus my feet are irritated and my knees are stiff. I can't wait to be done with my 2nd batch of cookies because I plan on doing NOTHING after that.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I did survive the show... but it was iffy there at the end. The temptation to crawl under a table and take a nap was strong! Today the thing I most want to do is just sit the hell down! We got out of there early enough last night (since we sold so much there wasn't a ton to pack up) so I went up to TR's. All my work clothes are there and also the toilet in the master bathroom of my new place is leaking so I turned the water supply off on Friday night (long story). I do have another toilet but it's in the guest bathroom down the hall and that bathroom hasn't been cleaned so it's a big PITA.

At work now trying to get stuff done for a consultant who's coming in next Monday. The fun just never ends!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am so glad you survived the show. Glad she sold most of her bags. Nice you got done in time to head up to TR's. Oh no that the toilet in the master bath at your new place is leaking. Venturing down the hall is definitely a pain especially if the guest bathroom hasn't been cleaned. Good luck getting that fixed soon. Did you get everything rounded up for the consultant coming in next week?

We had a new layer of snow this morning which once again just made it icy. It never got above freezing today but the roads and sidewalks were clear by the time I got off work. The huge drift down the street has not gone down yet. I hope it melts before we get another big storm. Our local mayor is so bad I swear one of my teddy bears could beat her in an election. There is no excuse for the drifts on roads to not be pushed out of the way by now.

Work was rather boring today. I don't have to document all of someone's mistakes so I was done well before noon. I had several meetings this afternoon which kept me busy.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the contractor and I are now meeting tomorrow morning to look at the toilet. I'm just praying that the thing isn't leaking in to the ceiling of my neighbor below in a way that I"m not aware of, even though I turned the water off. Ugh. And I know what you mean about bad politicians. I always said I'd elect my dog Oscar (and he's the stupid one of the two!) over half the people in charge!

Last night I stayed a little late. I have one more policy I need to update and two that I need to confirm small items on with my boss and that will then be done. There were a bunch of presents for the ferals and a few of TR's nieces and nephews that I wanted to get wrapped last night. Even though the kids aren't coming over until this weekend I just think leaving unwrapped kid presents sitting out is a bad idea because you just never know when someone will swing by.

This morning I remembered to bring in the bag of gits for the people here in my office... and forgot my bag of CLOTHES. I realized it when I pulled into the parking garage and went to get everything out. So then I drove to my house and parked there and took a shower instead of doing it at the gym. I had enough work appropriate stuff there from the show last weekend that I was able to put an outfit together, and I had extra underwear... but no bra. That meant I had to take a taxi over to the gym where I have an "emergency" bra (thank god!) and then walk to work. My emergency bra is a smaller size than I normally wear and I've got the thing "hooked" together in back with some safety pins. I'll be praying all day these don't give out or I'll be jabbed half to death!

OK, off to work on that one last big policy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good luck with the contractor tomorrow. I sure hope toilet is not leaking. That sounds way to familiar for you. I am sure Oscar would do well as a politician. Our dentist is on the city council so grip at him about things sometime.

Did you get your last policy done? Good idea to get packages wrapped for the ferals, nieces and nephews. I used to snoop around looking for presents when I was a kid. Plus I was really good at guessing what was in a wrapped package.

Oh no that you forgot your bag of clothes this morning. Luckily you had something to wear at your new place. I hope your emergency bra held up; love those wardrobe malfunctions. It makes us inventive. I've taped and stapled things together before.

I didn't lift tonight because Marty was home so we went out for supper. I opted to Olive Garden I am so sick of steaks I can hardly eat them anymore and sadly that is what I take in for lunch; leftover steak. I enjoyed some chicken parm and fettuccine and brought home a hunk of lasagna. We wandered around Bed, Bath and Beyond then came home. I they some pens with Christmas light bulbs on the end so I bought all 15 they had left to hand out at work.

I'll lift tomorrow. I swear.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, turns out the last policy was a snap -- I had already done all the stuff needed on that one, I just hadn't marked it as complete. Woo hoo! As for the contractor... he's going to fix the toilet (BOTH things that appear to be wrong). We went over some other stuff I want him to finish too, but I'm giving up on a few small items; like I'll just spackle and touch up the paint around a few of the outlets myself. At this point I just want them GONE. There is one thing that's going to be a point of contention though: my brand new kitchen sink is scratched to sh!t. He seems to think he can use some sort of super fine sand paper on the whole thing and get it back to perfect. I said Go For It. If it works, great, but if not I'm going to be a total b!tch about that one. I've left so many other things go, this one is not being swept under the rug.

I was soooo tired last night after wrapping a few more gifts and packing up a bunch of boxes to ship and I fell into bed without packing my suitcase. My plan is to stay downtown tonight and then leave for early family xmas in Missouri first thing tomorrow. I threw a bunch of things together and it's all in the back of my car right now. Here's to hoping I've actually got stuff and matches in there...

Working to get a few things done so I can meet up with the consultant at 3:00 and hand it all off. Better get cracking!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

I am in Missouri. We drove down on Thursday It too forever (as usual). Yesterday I spent 8 solid hours wrapping gifts. This morning we opened said gifts. Now there is much cooking going on because tonight is our Xmas dinner.

On the home front, I had an extra hour on Thursday before we left so I unpacked two boxes of kitchen stuff and put those things away. My hope is that starting next weekend I'll be able to get my whole house together (more or less). There are a few small construction type things that need to be done, but for the most part I just want the contractor to leave and I will take care of the things that I'm capable of (like some small patching and painting around several of the outlets). There is one problem that needs to be addressed, and I'm not going to let this slide. My brand new kitchen sink is scratched to hell. No idea how it happened other than the fact that I certainly didn't do it. The contractor seems to think he can sand the entire sink and it will be perfect. I said sure, go for it, because if it isn't perfect I want it REPLACED.

I'm also having second thoughts about my living room furniture... but that's a whole 'nother story...

OK, off to see what I can do to help in the kitchen!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I am 2 posts behind? WTH?

Dee Jay, good deal that last policy was a snap. Sweet. Reading your post from Wednesday though I SWEAR I responded to that already. I am glad they are fixing your toilet. I'd insist on them fixing the sink too. I can't imagine they can sand scratches out of it. I would LOVE a different sink but that would require all new granite countertop and I doubt we could match what we have meaning all of the granite countertops would need replaced. Phooey.

Sounds like you are having a busy time in Missouri. I need to get some presents wrapped; I believe I have all of my shopping done. I need some of it to still be delivered though.

Good luck getting unpacked next week. That's such a chore but it will be so nice to get it done. Oh no to having second thoughts about your living room furniture. I hate when that happens.

We picked up quite a bit of the groceries we need for the family dinner next weekend. I suggested we get to Sams Club early today and they were crazy busy already before 9. I got laundry done and finished the book I've been reading.

I lifted this morning. We got about 4 inches of snow which kind of sucks because now you can't see where the glaciers are underneath. It's going to be a long winter.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I just went over to my place to check on the toilet, etc... And I left in tears. Tears of frustration, but tears nonetheless. The toilet no longer leaks. Yay. But now it fills SOOOOOO slowly. I made sure the valve was the whole way open, but it took more than 30 mins for the tank to fill up. Seriously. And the kitchen sink is *better* but not great. I gave up trying to have the guy install the monorail curved track light fixture too. I'm going to use someone the lighting store recommended because this is $1700 worth of lighting and I'd rather not get it fvcked up. Plus, the anchors have to go into my concrete ceiling. I just went through the contract that was signed in the beginning and there are a bunch of things that just didn't get done. Like the master bathroom shower was never regrouted. And the gold tone hinges on all the interior doors weren't swapped out for silver tone. I'm done. Truly. I can't take any more. I just want them OUT.

Ugh. Sorry for the vent!!!

My consultant is here and I think that part is going OK, so I guess I should take what I can get, right?!

Your xmas card arrived today -- thank you! I haven't put a single one in the mail yet. The packages for my family should go out Fed Ex tomorrow, which I hope is enough time to get them to everyone. This whole season is just completely rushing right by me...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am so sorry this contractor has been such a nightmare for you. What sucks is you'll have to pay someone else to fix this stuff for you and you've already paid for it. You'd probably have to take the contractor to small claims court to get any kind of refund on the things he messed up or didn't do for you. That really sucks. How frustrating. I would definitely go with someone else on your curved monorail lighting. Grr. I would be frustrated to tears as well.

Glad the meeting with the consultant is going well today.

You are welcome for the Christmas card. Your packages should arrive okay especially if you are shipping with Fed Ex. Marty's Apple TV arrived today via Fed Ex. His man cave has generation 2 Apple TV so now he can watch prime downstairs with the new version. He is going to use the older version at his gym for people's schedules.

I have been busy today but enjoyed not being at work. I had to run some stuff over to Marty at the gym. Then I picked up a few groceries, wandered around Hallmark, visited 2 jewelry stores, met Marty for lunch, wrapped a few packages and did a batch of laundry. I need a nap! Ha Ha.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I still owe them 50%, so there is some hope of not being completely hosed. And I'm not saying they didn't DO the work (for the most part), I'm saying they didn't do the work WELL.

I just had a moment of panic and had to tell TR not to send the box to my dad yet. I have a friend named Mary and that is also my step mother's name. In a flash of "oh sh!t" it hit me I may have put the gift for my friend Mary instead of one of the gifts for my step mother Mary in the box. Hopefully TR gets my text before he goes to Fed Ex...

My car drove OK this morning -- thank god. Being towed three times in a row would have just been more than I could take right now!

Alright, off to do something I had to put on the back burner because the person I need to do it with was on maternity leave. She's back and I want this thing DONE!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am so glad you may have room to haggle with that contractor; good luck with that.
Did TR get your message in time? That would be my luck sending the wrong gift to someone. Of course it would be totally inappropriate for them too.
Woo hoo that your car drove okay this morning. Once my car has issues I want a new car. I'm bad.
Did you get that thing accomplished with the lady back from maternity leave? I have an employee that is never at his desk when I'm looking for him; he told me he has an app that tells him I'm coming. Now I give tease him when I can't find someone else that he must have sold them his app.

I had way less fun today than yesterday - I went to work and didn't get wine and appetizers for supper. Phooey. i pressed 36 pounds tonight and lifted 75 pounds. :D I left my supper baking in the oven while lifting so that worked out well. I need to start getting out dishes for Sunday. Those boxes won't be as heavy for me as last year.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, so here is the latest thing in the car saga... This morning I was half way to work and the Maintenance Required - Visit Your Dealer message popped up on my screen. I limped along in the right hand lane the whole way to the DOWNTOWN dealer, not the one that has been working on my car. I pulled in right as the service area opened at 7 am. When I got out the guy who I always talk to there came right out. I told him everything that had gone on. He got in and looked at the screen... and said... "Honey, you just need an oil change." DUH!!!!! I about WEPT with relief!!!

My day is likely going to take a turn for the uber-frustrating. And maybe I'll finally get fired. There is something we need to do from a regulatory standpoint and we have to involve counsel in a foreign jurisdiction to make it happen. I've become the go-between with them and my boss and everything turns into a game of telephone. I REALLY REALLY REALLY need him to have a call with them directly and it pretty much has to happen TODAY. When he gets back from the meeting he's in I have to tell him this, and he's probably going to lose his mind. Nothing I can do about it. I've tried everything else.

Wish me luck.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no. I can't believe you had car trouble again and all you needed was an oil change. Glad iit was easily remedied. What a morning.

Did you get the boss to call the foreign counsel today and get that all worked out? Sounds like a major headache for you. I hate being the go between on things like that.

Not much new with me. I entered a bunch of things today off a tiny spreadsheet I couldn't read - let's hope it was correct. I did copy and paste most of it. I was freezing when I got home so I made soup for supper. I took a few pictures of my WF jewelry to make a siilly Christmas card to email Brittany and Vera. I dropped a ring or two and en earring trying to prop them on the Christmas tree but managed to get a few shots. I like this one of my EC earrings on one of my favorite ornaments.

Take care.
Curby
IMG_0320.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results