carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I will definitely get the diamond in the heart replaced, I like wearing that bracelet. I guess if a loose another one I might have it taken off the bracelet.
Sorry to hear you are having problems getting your new phone to work with your car. Hopefully the dealer can get it working for you.
I hope you got more sleep last night. I hate nights like that.
Good luck on your quarterly certifications. I started updating my process, procedures, troubleshooting book today.
How is the demo coming along?

I ended up lifting at the gym last night and then Marty and I went out to supper. I hate eating that late because I am pretty hungry and then ate more than normal. It was good though.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, the dealer paired my phone with my Lexus, although the guy said this is a big problem right now. When I got in Billy Ray the thing connected right up. Go figure... ?!?

Yesterday I went down to the city at my regular time because I had an 8 am call that I wanted to be in my place for. I was also supposed to have the mirror for above my bathroom vanity delivered from 9-1. It showed up around 3... Billy Ray went to storage for the year. Boo hoo. And then TR and I headed to Evanston for a four hour tailgate and then the Northwestern vs. Ohio State game. We left at half time, down 28 points. I think they ultimately lost like 51 to 3 or something like that. Oops.

Today I have NO plans! TR doesn't have the ferals this weekend and I am THRILLED. When I finally get out of bed I'm going to clean up a bunch of stuff that's been accumulating in the bedroom and at "my spot" in the kitchen. In a perfect universe I'm not going to leave the house all day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

My plan not to leave the house yesterday was stymied in only a minor way. TR went out to pick up dinner. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and saw one of the neighbor's dogs in the yard. He wandered back and forth across the street between TR's yard and the neighbor directly across from us for a little while. TR didn't have the neighbor's number so I put on my tennis shoes and a coat and grabbed a leash. By the time I located him he was sitting on his own front porch but the house looked completely dark. I was debating what to do -- he's a giant rottweiler and even though he's super friendly that could change quickly if you intrude on his turf, but I didn't want to just walk away and leave him outside since he would obviously wander. As I was standing by the end of the drive another neighbor came by. I told him what was going on and he called the neighbor. The Older boy opened the front door and Zeus bolted inside. I guess he got out and took himself or a walk. TR said the boys were walking him the other day and one of them said Zeus had learned to open the back door. They better get in the habit of locking it! This is a very quiet neighborhood and there are very few cars, especially down by the cul de sac where Zeus is, but god forbid some person isn't paying attention and doesn't see a black down in time in the night. I guess all's well that end's well, but it worries me!

Today my morning unfolded much the same as yesterday. I.e., lots of sleeping late! I did a bunch of laundry yesterday but today I need to conquer Mt. St. Apparel-ous, LOL. I'm trying to figure out a system of packing for my safari because the bag they sent us (all the luggage we're allowed to bring!) is tinnnnnnyyyyyy. I guess the lions and zebras don't care what I wear or if it's wrinkled.

Tomorrow morning I need to head into the city because the contractor is supposed to be there at 8 and I want to talk with him before anything more major gets done. I also want a firm(er) timeline because this project seems to be stretching out for reasons that I can't figure out.

Alright, off to fold some stuff!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Dee Jay, glad the dealer got your phone hooked up to your Lexus. Must be some little miscommunication between the car's software and the phone. Strange. Good deal Billy Ray hooked up okay and boo to putting BR away for the winter.
Dear that the game was so lopsided; makes for a boring game. Good idea to leave at halftime.
Nice of you to rescue Zeus; but that is scary he can get out and probably wouldn't be easily seen at night. Hopefully they get a deadbolt or chain on that door.
LOL to conquering Mt. St. Apparel-ous today. I have to clean off the accumulation of crap on the dining room table and a few more rounds of laundry. Good luck packing everything you want or need for your safari in a tiny suitcase.
Good luck on pinning down an estimate on your renovation from the contractor.,

We had our astronomy meeting Friday night. Yesterday I lifted first thing and worked on laundry and the November newsletter. Marty is sick with a bad cold so he's not in the best of moods. He also isn't hungry so I am scrounging through things trying to find something to fix. We generally eat out once or twice on the weekend. I did make us homemade biscuits yesterday. Tasty.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, poor Marty. I think it must be going around because I know a bunch of people with bad colds right now. Hopefully you won't get it! Make him go sleep in the guest room or something, ha ha.

I feel So Well Rested!!! All the sleep I got this weekend was AMAZING!

The flooring people are at my place right now. The contractor was SUPPOSED to be there too, but apparently he's going to show up around 10:30. That was NOT THE PLAN. I am getting really really annoyed with all this. I met with the kitchen designer SEVEN WEEKS AGO and this is all the farther we've come?!

Anyway... I'm deep into quarterly certifications. We have our annual deal professional off-site this week so I'm hoping to get them back from a bunch of people before they leave on Wednesday. Otherwise I'm going to have a very busy few days early next week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I sure hope I don't get Marty's crud. He is pretty miserable. He did go sleep in one of the spare bedrooms last night after having a coughing attack about 1 am. I keep washing my hands when I touch anything he has touched.

Nice that you had a restful weekend. Sweet.

How annoying about the contractor being a PITA. I would think you'd have better luck in the big city than we have around here. Doesn't sound like it.

Good luck getting the quarterly certifications done.

We had some snow last night but nothing stuck. The wind is still awful. I had a busy day at work. I got chastised by a IT guy who obviously thinks someone died and left him in charge. He first had a cow talking to my boss about it and then gave me crap - I wanted printers set up on the Mac they gave me so I could get the Thunderbolt monitor. I was not supposed to use the Mac for anything other than logging in to my Windows machine. Blah, blah, blah. After he ranted for a few minutes he asked me why I needed to print off of it - I only responded because I need to print things sometime. Not worth my time arguing with him.
I picked up window food for supper and Marty had done his dishes already so that was nice for a change.
Tomorrow we are visiting our insurance agent to see about getting a better rate. Our home owners insurance has almost doubles in the almost 7 years we've been here. I think Marty shoud sign up for USAA insurance. I hear it's great and usually cheaper.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, it's actually harder for contractors to work in the city than out in the 'burbs. They have to deal with parking which is sometimes non-existent and always expensive and if you're in a building (like the one I'm in now) they have to provide a slew of paperwork (complete a construction packet, certificate of insurance), abide by the allotted hours (usually 9-5 Mon-Fri), reserve the freight elevator ahead of time, put down floor and wall protection any time they are taking things in and out. It's a real hassle for them and we certainly pay through the nose for it -- if we can find anyone willing to do it at all!

I'm thinking of reaching out to get a quote on insurance through Porsche for Billy Ray. Do you get the fliers on this? Apparently the rates are good, especially if you don't drive many miles (this year I put less than a thousand miles on BR!!!) and if anything does need to be done they send you straight to the dealer and not to Joe Blow's Auto Body like some insurance companies try to do. My cars are currently registered at TR's since I've been there for six months now, but once I move into my place for real I'm going to call for a price.

The drive home was uneventful but CRAZY windy. I was blown all over the road! It was like that all night and this morning too. My building is swaying like a ship in a roiling sea. I'll be popping dramamine like pez all day I'm sure...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, contractors there certainly have far more obstacles and challenges than we have in our low populated city. It does sounds like a major hassle and I am sure you pay for all of that.
I didn't know Porsche had insurance. You should definitely check with them. It's worth looking in to for sure. I don't think anyone services Porsche's locally so hopefully I would get sent to Colorado. I thought the body shop I had fix my A6 here did a fabulous job on it; they are probably the best body shop around and I was glad they could fix it here. I had a scratch / slight dent on the hood and right fender they wanted me to get fixed before trading it in on the Porsche. The meeting with the insurance guy was promising. His "new" home insurance policy is about $600 less with same coverage and $1500 deductible which goes down $50 each year up to $500 if you don't make any claims. The auto insurance is about $200 less a year with better coverage. Also he said they don't routinely run a DMV check on you each year. That's a plus. I want to talk to Marty but I am sure we'll take both offers.
I just bought Apple Care+ on my new phone and dropped the $15 Asurion policy I had on it from Verizon.
It was awesome leaving work at 3:30. Sweet.
Marty is feeling slightly better; he lifted some today.
I lifted when I got home while I baked myself a potato and then baked my last chicken fried steak I had from Omaha steaks for supper. My tomatoes and cucumbers looked nasty so no veeggies for supper. Must go shopping soon.
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'll post the (redacted) letter Porsche sent me. No idea if I would actually save any money -- it is PORSCHE after all, LOL! -- but I figure no harm in calling and asking them.

My drive home last night was surprisingly good, and no idea why. That was NOT the case this morning hover... I wanted to see the floor guys before I came to the office and I knew they wouldn't get them until about 9 so I decided to come in later than normal. TR said, oh just leave at 8:15 and you should fly in because traffic will have cleared. HA!!! Two fvcking hours! Fortunately I didn't need to be at my office until 11, in time to dial in to a FOUR HOUR live webinar for my CPA continuing education. Ugh. I'm only a hour and 10 mins into it and I'm ready to throw myself out the window. On a positive note the floors are looking pretty good, so I'm very pleased about that... especially since I shelled out twelve grand for them...

OK, off to do some of the polling questions so I get credit for this webinar adventure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s the info

Attachments

• 37E1EAE5-E44D-46B9-8EFA-ADFB15EBE2BC.jpeg
    37E1EAE5-E44D-46B9-8EFA-ADFB15EBE2BC.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 8255D4DB-02A3-429E-866A-B629261528EC.jpeg
    8255D4DB-02A3-429E-866A-B629261528EC.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 62

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that insurance sounds interesting. I only have 23,000 miles on my 3 year old Macan. Let me know what you think if you contact them.

Woo hoo that the floors are looking great. For 12K they better! My next house project would be pretty cheap compared to our last one; I want different ceiling fans (with better lighting) and new light fixtures. I know they won't be cheap but nothing like our bedroom, floors and rugs.

Doesn't that figure you had heavy traffic after 8. Good thing you didn't have to be in to the office until 11. Ugh to a 4 plus hour webinar. I had a required webinar last week on a require program for my employees career planning. I didn't hear a word of it. Oops. Hopefully they send up samples and instructions when I have to follow through with my employees. I dialed in and was listening and watching then I kept getting asked questions. I swear.

Marty say no way to my Tiffany advent calendar. Go figure. I had my heart set on it.

We woke up to some of that white stuff on the ground. We had a snow squall at about 4:30 but it was gone in about 15 minutes. Very strange. It's pretty chilly tonight. I'm not ready for this cold and snow but then Mother Nature didn't consult with me. How rude.

I had some faux chicken soup for supper. It was hot though.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I am an absolute glutton for punishment... I signed up for another 4 hour course today! At least I'l be able to do this one from home while I piddle around. I'm going to see if I can log in on my phone and that way I can put it in my pocket as I go from room to room and just pull it out when I need to do one of the questions.

I've never been a fan of ceiling fans (ha -- Dee made a pun!) but lately I've seen a few like this:

1571923558719.png 1571923659846.png

So there is a fan, but it's integrated into the light. These are just a coupe of examples but they have a bunch on the Menards site if that style appeals to you at all.

The guys finished up my floors yesterday -- yay! There is one transition strip that needs to be ordered, but that's OK, my contractor can put that on. I am always a little dismayed by the realization that fake wood floors don't look at real as real wood floors, but... um... they aren't REAL. But these new floors look sooooo much better than the old ones that I'm just going to thank my lucky stars and keep on going! Of course now I'm pouring over THOUSANDS of oriental rugs on line for the bedroom. I have found one I really like a lot, but I am at a loss as to what I should do with the rug I have that I COULD use in there. It's very pretty, and I paid quite a bit for it many years ago, but I've kind of moved on from that style. I should try to see if one of the local places will buy or consign it. I hate to just give it away because, as I mentioned, it did cost $$$. But otherwise it will just end up wrapped up in my storage locker for some infinite amount of time. Again.

OK, I should get up and get this show on the road. Lots to clean up today and I'm going to make a search around this place with the hope of finding my checkbook. I remember putting it "away" a few weeks ago because some people were coming to do work on the house and it had been sitting on the dining room table. At the time "away" made perfect sense... but now... "away" is a mystery!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, those are great fans. We so rarely turn them on as fans and since the lights on our current ones are lame I rarely use them as well. Thanks for the idea. And good pun about not being a fan of fans.

Great idea to do your course from home and listen on your phone. I like it.

Glad to hear your floors look great. it is fun to shop for new rugs. Too bad the one you have isn’t to your taste anymore but I get that. Hopefully you can sell it and get something for it.

I hope you found your checkbook. I hate when I put something somewhere safe then can’t find it.

We went out for supper with some of Marty’s clients tonight. It was fun. I finally met Marty’s 78 year old client, she lifted 125 pounds today. She moved here from anew Hampshire after her husband died to be near her 2 kids.

I have tomorrow off. yippee.
take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, good for Marty's 78 year old client -- 125 lbs is AWESOME! I really need to get back to the gym... and to stop eating the way I have been... I snacked my way through the 4 hour webinar yesterday and then TR and I went out for a big dinner. I have no willpower when it comes to food. (Or to bling... or cars... or clothes... hmmm; are you seeing a pattern here?!)

Today I'm going to continue the cleaning adventure. I did quite a job on the kitchen yesterday and also some superficial cleaning in the living and family room. I need to clear up all the stuff that's collected on my bathroom vanity, which has become a dumping ground. Honestly, it probably wouldn't take me 10 minutes, but I just don't want to do it, LOL.

No major plans for today, although TR did mention meeting for lunch. (I've be having a salad, thanks!) I am signed up for a 2 hour webinar this afternoon but it's with a different presenter that I don't like as much and it's from 2 to 4 so we'll see if I actually log in and do it.

OK, off to cruise through PS one time and then hit the showers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty's 78 year old client is pretty cool. When she started with him 15 months ago she couldn't do squats at all, then needed assistance and now can do them by herself. She is no longer on high blood pressure meds or cholestoral meds. She is really nice.

I get you on no will power - I sure have none for sure for cars, bling and food. I tried on my down vest yesterday and can zip it for the first time since I bought it several years ago; it was a casual open vest before now. I'm not saying it's loose but it zips. Woo hoo!!!

How did your cleaning adventure go today? It's also nice to get that done.

I hope your webinar wasn't too boring. They can be such snooze fests.

I took today off. Marty's great uncle passed away and there is a funeral at 10:30 then a luncheon. I decided why bother to go in for 1/2 of day. I slept 45 minutes later than normal. Woo hoo! We just got back from breakfast. I had French Toast, an egg and bacon. I totally need to go to the grocery store today. We might get up to a a foot of snow this weekend plus with subzero temperatures. The plunged my thrill-0-meter in to the negatives. Joy!!

Well, best get ready to head to the funeral. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, look what I found at Costco today! If Marty and TR won’t get us the one we WANT at least we have an alternative! :cheeky:

Attachments

• A1D42056-9672-4F3F-99CA-69FBCFC41772.jpeg
    A1D42056-9672-4F3F-99CA-69FBCFC41772.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 103

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay that is awesome. We deserve one. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why mess with HALF bottles though?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know. I thought the same thing. Go big or go home.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this case, go big.. and go to BETTY FORD! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Betty Ford clinic here we come. :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've already put in our request for adjoining rooms!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good call.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, upon much reflection and serious soul searching I do believe I would have more fun with the wine advent calendar than the Tiffany's. :lol:

We are watching the WIndy City rennovation show - you should be on it.

I slept in until almost 8 - woo hoo!!! Marty slept even longer than that. We had strawberries for breakfast and are heading to Texas Roadhouse here shortly for an early lunch. They have a 16 oz sirloin I get then have several lunches leftover from it. I am in serious need of stocking the freezer with things for lunch. I bought stuff to make tacos for supper today. I quit buying lean cuisine entrees they all seem to make me sick; I am betting they use chicken broth in a lot of things.

I lifted this morning and I am proud to say I dead lifted 55 pounds today. Yay me!

The snow starts tonight and we won't be above freezing again until mid Thursday. 6 to 8 inches through tomorrow night, then 1-2 inches Monday-Tuesday and another 6 inches on Wednesday. Winter is saying "hey".

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

So far it's just cold here with a light covering of snow. The forecast is sitll saying up to 8" by tomorrow. Phooey.

I am brewing up homemade beef noodle soup for lunch. If I was ambitious I would make cookies too but don't feel that ambitious.

So far Marty is heading to Dallas tomorrow. Our local airport has one flight a day back and forth to Dallas (and that is it's only flight) so Marty is trying that. Hopefully the weather cooperates. I imagine DIA is better equipped to get planes off in storms but they fly in from Dallas; the plane doesn't stay here. Although Marty has made his reservations already his trip has not been approved by whoever needs to approve it. I'm not thrilled with leaving his new pickup out in the storm for 4 days but I don't see how I can drop him off in the middle of the day tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I can't believe the weather you're getting ALREADY! Of course it's 102 in Botswana right now, and I can't believe that either, LOL.

I spent all of Saturday at an outdoor outlet mall in the pouring rain and all day yesterday at an indoor outlet mall in perfectly good weather. WTF. Anyway, I think I'm all set for my safari with the exception of a hat, and I've given up trying to buy one in person. I'm going to order a bunch online and return the ones that don't work.

The drive this morning was pretty good and my contractor SHOULD be at my house right now, although I haven't heard from him yet. I'll go over at lunch and see what's happening... if anything...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is HOT in Botswana. Good luck with that! We only had about 2 inches of snow but more is expected starting tonight. Tomorrow's high is going to be 13. Phooey!

You did have that backwards on the weather vs indoor and outdoor shopping malls. Nice that you are all set for your safari except for the all important hat. Good idea to order a few and see which one you like. I have assorted ones I've picked up on excursions and then never wear again.

Did you catch up with your contractor? How is you place coming along?

Marty left for Dallas where it's definitely warmer than here. I'm nervous that he left his new pickup at our airport. I have no idea if the airport has someone guarding the place at night. I mean we do have only one flight coming in and going out a day.

I had a busy day at work so the day zipped by. I had toast with PB for supper and some ice cream. I am thawing out a burger I can cook tomorrow night. Now that it's cold and snowy I have no desire to pick up window food on the way home.

I think I'll crank on the fireplace.

Take care.
Cold Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, we got SNOW last night. I blame you! :cheeky: On the bright side, I go to wear my new fuzzy cheetah coat that I got on clearance at H&M in the middle of July when it was about a hundred degrees outside, LOL.

I've been planning some x-mas shopping in Africa and there are some cool things to bring back. In a perfect universe I'll buy a lot of stuff in one shop that offers shipping and not have to deal with hauling a lot of stuff back.

Yesterday was a mess of tracking down outstanding certifications, and today will be no better. Ugh. WHY can't these people just DO THE DAMN THINGS?!

OK, off to go bust some heads...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you should blame me for the snow you got; I wanted to share. We've got about 6" on the ground now with more expected through tomorrow. My car said 3 degrees on my way home and wind chill earlier this afternoon was -16. Nice that you got to wear your new fuzzy cheetah coat; at least that made bundling up fun!

Great idea to do some Christmas shopping in Africa; how cool is that to bring back things from there? I hope you do find a place that will ship it to you so you don't have to pack it and bring it home with you. I am so anxious to see some of your pictures and of course hear about your adventures.

Good luck tracking down certifications; you need a whistle. That will get their attention!

I sure missed my chauffeur this morning venturing out in the snow and ice. I was hoping to find a giant drift on my driveway when I opened the garage door this morning but sadly the few inches of snow wasn't going to prevent me from going to work. Marty said it's 60 and rainy in Dallas; I didn't feel sorry for him.

I dead lifted 56 pounds tonight. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, the store that I thought was a stone's throw from the hotel replied to an email I sent about shipping and they are actually on the other side of South Africa. I am so confused -- when I look at the website and their pin on the map it appears to be RIGHT THERE... ?

Nothing exciting to report... my drive in this morning was wet and slow (over two hours). After I took a shower and got ready at the gym I stopped at CVS and spent $44 on stuff for my trip. Between all the clothes from the Columbia store, the luggage, etc., this is turning out to be expensive and I haven't even left for the airport yet, LOL.

Lots to do today and a meeting with my boss at 3:30 so gotta hop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results