carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure you'll have to travel light for your safari. Too funny the dogs invited the neighbor's dogs in for a visit. I bet that was chaotic. Surprise! Good perspective that setting behind an accident is better than being involved in one. I swear running around town a few times this afternoon I was thinking where did all this traffic come from? I am sure it's nothing compared to your traffic. Sorry your shots made you sleepy. I hope you got in a nap on your flight. When Marty got his shots for Uganda; 2 nurses came in with a "gun" and both of them shot him in both arms. It was quick; not painless though.

Deegee, my niece has gone to Hilton Head twice now and loves it. It sounds like a great place. You know you are doomed to drop your iPad or phone once Matt says not to drop it. It always happens. I am probably going to drop the Verizon mobile protection and get Apple Care; it seems cheaper. Not sure yet. All these pictures are with my new camera. We definitely need that cup; where can we get one? I am so fed up with my employees; as Marty once said people like that are adept at being inept. Glad your office is out of the way; hopefully it helps stop people popping in too often. I am sorry you cried when thinking about going back to work; I completely understand though. Your agency director sounds understanding. It sounds like you are like me; we are our own worst critics and just keep going. When I had several semesters with over 100 students on top of my regular job I had to force myself to relax and do something for myself at least for 10 minutes each night. Sometimes it meant staying up past midnight but it did finally start calming me down.

I had a much needed escape from work today and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got up early to take a sunrise photo but it was still cloudy, rainy and foggy so I went back to bed. I started a pot of beef noodle soup when I got up later and then took my shower. After that I brewed up chocolate chip cookies. A friend of mine came over for lunch and the 3 of us played cribbage for a while. Marty's iPad got delivered at about 1 so when he headed to his gym I went out and took a few pictures. I came home and lifted, then had to run down to the gym and am just finishing up dishes this evening. I was busy but enjoyed the day.

Deegee, I don't know if I'll cry going back to work tomorrow but I'll sure be dreading it.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, those pics are really great and you've helped solidify my decision to go that route with the iphone camera! Poor Marty! But yes, when we go far afield we need to be protected, LOL.

We got word yesterday that a regulatory filing we did a few weeks ago needs to be amended. Of course all this came to light about 5 minutes before I headed to the airport. There is an issue with getting me the files to fix because there are 40 of them and they are pretty big so IT asked for permission to grant me access to the drive where they're at. Now apparently everyone and their brother has become spun up over my potential access to the drive. Not exactly sure what's going on there as I'm sitting in a hotel room in San Francisco just trying to Do My Job, so I can't go smooth any ruffled feathers in person, and now my boss seems to be mad at me. Oy.

OK, off to take a shower and get ready for the conference.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think you'll like the camera on the iPhone 11 Pro. It is definitely a good thing to be protected when you go afar.

Oh no, what a pain at work. I get the worries about file security but sometimes it seems like they go a bit too far. I hope they got things worked out for you. Enjoy the conference.

My day was it's usual fun filled day. We decided to put NN on a performance improvement plan but HR immediately got me going. I asked for the form and they want to have a meeting first thing tomorrow. Then start asking questions of proof, have we tried other things, training, etc. Um, I just asked for the form. We'll see how it all goes.

We had supper at a friends tonight and played a few rounds of cards. They have a 2 year old and 4 year daughters; they are pretty cute.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Windy Saturday.

We've been busy. Yesterday I spent the entire day at work meeting with HR and working on a plan for NN. That will be interesting. Last night Marty brought home Arby's for supper after he was done at the gym.

Today was interesting. I had a dream at about 6:20 about looking for a place to have french toast for breakfast so I woke up and said "let's go". I did get my French toast. Then I headed out to get a haircut, came home and lifted and took my shower. I had her cut more off my bangs; they are short! Oh well, they will grow back.

We headed to the mountains to see fall leaves. It was a nice time. We ate in Laramie and then drove through a state park coming home. We always drive through the parking at Ford when we are on that side of town and a salesman caught Marty looking at a limited edition F150. We took it for a drive and they are sure pushing hard for Marty to buy it. It's pearly white but I told him if he is buying a new pickup he needs to buy the color and one he wants. They were sad to see us say we'll think about it. It's up to Marty. His birthday is Monday so it could be his birthday present, right?

We had some cold stone ice cream on the way home. Mmm.

Take care.
Curby

Here are a few pictures from today.
upload_2019-10-5_17-59-34.png
upload_2019-10-5_18-1-4.png
upload_2019-10-5_18-2-10.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I almost always get french toast when I go out to breakfast! That and some sort of crispy bacon or sausage... :lickout:

The regulatory filing got pushed off to tomorrow so I'm sure my Monday is going to be hellacious., but at least I got to enjoy the rest of the conference. I landed late Friday night and got home around midnight. Yesterday I went to two stone places and finally found a slab that I love so now that can be checked off the list! I'm having a hard time sorting out the the electrical stuff I need (outlets and switches) so I bought waaaayyyy too much and will let the electrician use whatever is appropriate.

This morning I stayed in bed until after 9, but I swear I could use a nap again right now, LOL. Maybe when TR takes the ferals to their play date I can make that happen.

OK, off to throw a load of laundry in the dryer and check out the dishwasher situation.

Later... Rinse... Repeat...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you'll have to get French toast and crispy bacon soon; it was quite tasty.

Good luck with your regulatory filing tomorrow. Glad you got to put it off for the weekend. I hope you enjoyed the conference. That is great you found the slab you want for your kitchen and not a bad idea to pick up extra outlets and switches so the electrician has plenty to choose from for your project.

Did you get your nap in today?

We headed to Greeley early this morning to scope out the F150 Marty is considering buying - I think he made up his mind because coming home he pointed out someone's tailpipe would be the same as "mine". It's definitely a good looking truck and we both like the red. I think he wants me to say yes or no - I told him nope you told me the Porsche was completely my decision so now I'm throwing that right back at you. My dad loved buying new cars and pickups and trust me it caused a lot of fights between my parents. My mom was overly thrifty and my dad was overly spendy. My dad loved Fords and always wanted a red truck so I told Marty last night; you know when it comes to deciding whether to buy a red Ford pickup you have to ask yourself "What would Wally do?" (My dad went by another name but his given name was Walter so I called him Wally all the time.) We both had a good chuckle over that.

We had lunch at the outlet mall at one of our favorite unique restaurants. They have everything from mac and cheese to wild game like elk and buffalo. I went crazy and had a cheeseburger. I told Marty that was his birthday dinner since he'll be at the gym tomorrow night.

So tomorrow while I'm working Marty will be out wheeling and dealing on his pickup.
Take care.

Curby

Here is the Maybe Marty's truck
IMG_0131.JPG
And little Killer navigating for us today
IMG_0134 2.JPG

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your pictures are fabulous! My dad always liked a new car too, and I think that’s where I get it from. I don’t remember my parents ever fighting, except for the time he came home with a new Cadillac. I fear Matt is going to drive his Pilot until it falls apart on the interstate. If he wants it, Marty should buy the truck. Those are very nice! How’d the performance improvement plan go over? One of the crappy things I had to do this summer was fire an employee. 12 years as a manager and I never had to go that far. On my way out, I had to fire someone. It was not at all pleasant. My haircut lady cut my bangs a tad short this time too. Oh well...she’s done worse!

Dee*Jay- I love that you call them the ferals! Perfect!! It was the malaria pills and not a shot my niece was telling me about. The organizer of the trip and her husband, who are both nurses, didn’t take them on their last trip. They both ended up very sick with malaria. Lesson learned there! Glad you found a slab you love. This is why I couldn’t remodel. I can’t make house decisions worth a darn.

Why is it already Sunday night? Argh! I’m expecting an announcement to be made tomorrow about my successor. Word has already gotten out and people are less than thrilled, but I’ll work with anybody to get out of that job! I have adopted 2 new fur babies, and I’m not sure it was a great idea. Long story short, it involves my mom and the fact that I have the word Sucker stamped across my forehead. It’s a mama cat and her baby. I don’t have good pictures because they’ve been hiding under the bed all day in the spare room. Missy’s ringworm thread has me terrified, so they’re quarantined in there for a while. They have a vet appointment tomorrow and we’ll go from there. Have a great Monday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0844595E-60D2-4D2B-932B-5935B4C4F893.jpeg
This pic was at mom’s house. Emma (momma cat) and Millie (kitten). They look so much bigger in a picture than in person. They’re tiny. I’d say Millie isn’t even a pound.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids,

Curby, I think Marty should definitely get the snazzy red truck! TR is similar; he is always on the prowl for a new vehicle. I, on the other hand, drove my last Lexus for 14 years and would STILL be driving it if I hadn't been talked into giving it up, LOL.

Deegee, there must be something going around because my bangs are too short right now too. That being said, *I* am responsible for that on my end, having gotten a little over zealous in my own trimming. Oops! You new kitties are cute. Hopefully everyone will settle in nicely!

I did get a nap in yesterday, but I also ended up going to three different hardware stores. Don't ask... Today I am going to have to take some time when I get out of work and clear as much stuff as I can out of my place and into the storage lockers because the demo (including all the flooring/carpet) might happen as early as Thursday. In a perfect universe I would have driven down and done it yesterday... but I just didn't have it in me to spend three hours on the road. I hope I don't regret that decision come tonight if I end up being there late!

Ok... signing off now to do the regulatory filing. I should go prettttty smoothly since I've got all the info and am using a real computer. Modifying all these forms on my laptop would have been a b!tch!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-my bangs...ugh. I took a walk at work today and had to use my straightening brush on them when I got back. My yearly Brazilian blowout has definitely worn off. As soon as I walk out the door on a rainy or humid day, my hair draws up. When my bangs are too short and then they draw up... not pretty.

An announcement was not made today concerning my replacement. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I found out at the vet today that Millie needs a new name because she’s a he! He’s such a fuzzy little guy and he’s only about 7 weeks old so he hasn’t quite developed yet. Mom and everybody else who checked him thought he was a she. Haha! And Emma stayed at the vet tonight and will be spayed in the morning. She’s still a kitten herself, and has had 2 litters of kittens that we know of. Nature is not kind to little female critters. I’m on the couch with Lily asleep on one side of me and Milo asleep on the other. A nap sounds like a good plan. Have a wonderful evening!

C08E8B18-7D3E-4C79-96B7-55D82151760E.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Marty has a shiny new red truck (or will sometime today). I said “I can’t wait to see what I get on my birthday now.

Deegee, there is nothing wrong with driving a car until is falls apart; as long as it works fine until then. I’ve always liked new cars too.
I am giving the performance plan tomorrow morning. I am sure firing someone this summer was not fun. I’ve had to fire 2 people; the first one the director and manager did it; the other one I had to do it. The second one filed 2 lawsuits and filed an equal opportunity complaint with the state. Such fun. Since I’m still on legal hold for that I have unlimited email space. Which is nice.
It will be nice to have your successor name so you can say “bye”. That was nice of you to adopt 2 kitties. And yes, Missy’s ring worm nightmare would scare anyone off adopting a cat. I feel so bad for her and Greg and the kitties. The kitties are cute.
We can deal with short bangs for awhile; I just combed them to the side today and they blended in well with just a few falling to the front. I thought it looked okay.

Dee Jay, it’s nice to pay your car off but we keep trading. Neither of us think leasing is a good idea, that’s just our personal opinions though. Like I just told Deegee, as long as a car isn’t giving me any trouble I’m good with it.
Yay for getting in a nap yesterday. Oh no for going to 3 different hardware stores. They do have good diamond lighting though. Good luck moving things out to get ready for the demo.
I hope the regulatory filing went smoothly. Doing some things remotely on work laptops can be a major pain.

My allergies were so bad last night I swear my breathing sounded like a tea kettle. I am better now; I can breathe through my nose again. Sweet. I stayed home today because I did feel like crap with wheezing and a sinus headache plus Marty wanted to go deal with Ford. Our cleaning lady was coming this morning so that way he didn’t have to worry about that. It was great; he had to set there and answer all the questions and of course he had to text me every few minutes.

We went out after lunch to sign the papers and they are waiting delivery from Colorado then are going to clean it up for him and deliver it to the gym. Nice.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty’s ring from Chris Ploof Designs showed up. It’s really cool.

6DBF24AD-73D5-47FF-86E3-F05E382DD66D.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, awwww -- look at that fuzzy widdle face!

Curby, that ring is SO cool!

Nothing much exciting to report here... I got the filing down late yesterday and then went to my place and moved a bunch of stuff around. I think if I spend another hour there tonight I should be in pretty good shape for when the demo is to start. It's quarterly certification time so I'll be printing, printing, and printing some more today. Ugh.

OK, off to find some more coffee and some extra paper!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that ring is very cool. Marty likes it.

Nice that you got the filing done. Good luck printing, printing and printing. I hope you got everything moved tonight for the demo. I hope we never have to move that Amish furniture out of our bedroom for something. Marty can only lift the nightstands. :lol:

Work seemed like it lasted forever today. I gave NN her performance plan. Of course she was stunned and immediately denied making the first mistake I brought up. She said the same thing twice to the HR guy; I don't have anything to say.

I finally got my early morning reports done at 4:30 today.

Marty took me for a quick ride in his new pickup after he was done at the gym. I am going to drive it this weekend. Ooh.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on moving the Amish furniture out. I've had some furniture of the years that I was willing to leave behind rather than move again!

Yesterday TR told me he was having "flu like symptoms." I was like... uh... I'm staying downtown tonight! It worked out great. I got my hair cut at a new place (one more cut and I think that last portion of bangs will finally be even with the rest of my hair!) and then cleaned up really everything else that needed to be done at my place in getting ready for the demo. Having slept twice now on a foam pad on the floor and once on the blow up mattress I opted to try out the giant leather ottoman, which is one of only two pieces of furniture I currently own. It worked out so well! It's only five feet long, but I pushed it toward the wall and piled on three pillows as a "headboard" and it was perfect. I wish I'd thought of that sooner! This morning I didn't even want to get off it.

Today I need to work on the certs. There area also three things (which I believe are all together) that need to be included and I cannot for the life of me figure out where I put them. Damn. Hopefully they'll turn up once I give my desk a thorough going-through. If not... well... I'm screwed.

OK, off to find more coffee and get this process under way for the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally get leaving some furniture behind so you don't have to move it. I doubt we'd do that with our Amish furniture though. Then again that gentleman's wardrobe was a major pain getting in our bedroom.

I don't blame you for staying in town if TR is getting sick. I tend to disappear to one of our guest bedrooms if Marty is sick. See ya! :lol: I hope he gets better soon though. Is he still looking for a place closer to town?

Your leather ottoman sounds perfect for a comfy bed. Good deal. At our last house we had a twin bed in our guest bedroom and it was just a bed frame; I used to move over there a lot because Marty got calls and texts all night long from work. It bugged me not to have a headboard; I eventually dug out a big poster board i had and used it. It worked well enough.

I hope you found the 3 things you needs for finishing the certs.

The big story for the day is SNOW. It's dropped from 73 to 29 already. We are getting freezing drizzle first then snow. Joy!!! The forecast keeps changing though so I'm expecting nothing or a foot. We will see.

NN didn't come in today. I know, I was shocked too.

I lifted tonight then did a pile of dishes. I had 5 entire days of minimal dishes; it was a nice treat.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had all seasons weather last night. Thunder, lightning, rain, hail, sleet and then snow. I am guessing we got about 2" of snow, 1/2" of hail and it definitely was cold enough to make everything an ice skating rink. The new pickup is dirty now but Marty took me to work and picked me up.

Not much new with me. I guess I'll call Sirius XM tonight to cancel the service on Marty's old pickup. They'll let you add new vehicles online but you can't drop a service. I can replace the pickup but that means we won't get our 6 months free so forget that.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

Not much going on with me. Marty called me on my way home and wanted to go to dinner after his 5:30 client was done; he said he doesn't take long. 90 minutes later I'm still waiting. Phooey. I hate going out this late on Friday; you can't get in anywhere. Oh well. It's not like I have to get up early tomorrow. Marty is having poker tomorrow evening. Not much else planned for the weekend.

I hope all is well with all of you.
Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Saturday!

We got up early, went out for breakfast, went grocery shopping, have been doing chores since we got home and I did my lifting. It's noon and I'm ready to just watch TV for awhile.

I am scrubbing hard water / soap scum off our shower floor and Marty is replacing the innards of our toilet. Seven years here and the house is going to heck. My cleaning lady does light surface cleaning and after asking her numerous time to "scrub" more on the shower floor I decided to do it myself.

I have BBQ ribs cooking in the crock pot and think I'll make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.

It's back in the 40's here. No snow in the forecast for 8 days. As of now anyway . . .

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday in Vegas kids!

Curby, have you really been in your "new" house seven years already?!? Holy cow; time flies!

This has been a great low key trip (as much as anything in Vegas is low key, LOL). We done some shopping (although the only thing I've manged to buy was a $4 joke stocking stuffer!) and lots of eating and drinking. No gambling yet, but I'll likely go and lose a little money later today because, well, I AM in Vegas! The weather is surprisingly cool, but I actually don't mind it so much. Good thing I looked before I came though because otherwise I would have been caught off guard will all sleeveless stuff and no sweaters.

Will report in later if I win a bunch of money or buy anything fabulous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, have fun in Vegas! I am surprised it's cool there; glad you checked the weather before going. Nice you found a joke stocking stuffer. I need to get started on stocking stuffers for Marty. That is all we are doing this year. I hope you win BIG!

Yes, we moved in here in December of 2012. Time does fly!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

Last week was one trying week. Momma cat was spayed on Tuesday. I put her in Lily’s crate in a spare bedroom when I got home so she could recover. When I went to change the litter, she moseyed out of the crate and was sniffing around the room. I was out of the room for no more than two minutes, and that darn cat pulled a vent cover off and escaped into the ductwork. Argh!! She was in there for 4 nights and 3 days, and I spent the week fretting, worrying and feeling like a complete dirtbag for letting it happen. Mom had rescued these cats this summer and I adopted them, and I felt just sick that I lost her in less than 3 days. We set a live trap by the vent, and it worked! We caught her last night and I can’t tell you how relieved I am. I cried. Work last week was rough. We had a big deadline on Tuesday and the state government network kept going down. I don’t think anyone knows how to fix it because it was still happening Friday. My replacement was announced and it went over as well as I thought it would. The meeting with my staff was ugly, and the deputy director basically said suck it up, buttercups to them. Hopefully things will calm down. I don’t handle drama well.

Marcy-we moved to our new house June 2013, right after you moved. I haven’t regretted it at all. Your weather is insane! I’m enjoying cooler temperatures, but don’t want any of that nasty winter stuff. Do you think NN will look for another job? Could you be so lucky? Why is it that some employees seem to think you’re lucky you have them? We’re having an entitlement mentality problem at work right now. I’ll come in and leave when and if I want, I don’t follow rules, and you’d better be glad I work here. That ring is really cool. You won it? How is Marty liking his new truck?

Dee*Jay-have a blast in Vegas! I’ve never been there. Did TR actually end up with the flu? I had my flu shot on Friday and this one actually hurt going in. My arm is still sore. I feel for you sleeping on the floor. I slept on an old mattress in the floor for 2 nights hoping to catch the cat as she came out of the vent for food. My back is killing me!

I’m off to the park with Lily for a walk. Have a wonderful evening!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, oh no! I can't believe mama cat pulled off a vent cover and was hiding out. I am glad you were able to finally catch her. Don't feel bad; cats seem to always have a mind of their own. Sorry to hear you are sore from sleeping on the floor waiting for her to come out for food. Feel better.
Sorry to hear work was so awful last week too. That's too bad your team wasn't excited about your successor but that seems to be SOP any more from companies and government - suck it up buttercups - not much you can do about it. I hope things smooth out this week. Glad you have another position now.
I remember you moved not too long after we did; I am glad you don't regret it. It sounds like such a lovely place. We sure enjoy our house. Yes, our weather is insane but at least there is variety - sometimes all 4 seasons in one day. Ha Ha.
I do not think NN will look for a new job. My suspect she'll document every thing she can use against me or the company and hope she gets fired. Then she'll file complaints, lawsuits and try to suck as much unemployment as she can.
I totally see that same entitlement mentality and they are completely shocked when you let them know that's not reality. Of my 6 employees only one of them shows up on time. They are hourly so as long as they are honest on their time card I don't pick on them about it but our senior manager will get after us to write them up for punctuality. Again, they are stunned.
Yes, I won that ring. I follow them on Facebook and they had a contest to name that ring. Three of us suggested aurora so all three of us get a ring.
Marty is loving his new truck.

Marty did win at poker last night. He put in $50 to start and put 9 times that back in his wallet at the end of the game. We went to breakfast and I told him he had to buy for a change; he didn't. So then I said well I want half. I didn't get it. Phooey. He'll spend it and have no idea where it went. I should tell him to go put it in savings since I'll be digging up money next month for his plates and taxes on the new pickup.

I made a batch of peanut butter cookies last night and watched TV.

Take care. Of to fold my last batch of laundry.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, that's crazy about the cat! One of my neighbors in the old building used to foster kittens. She was terrible at it. With one litter one of them somehow got into ductwork above the refrigerator and she didn't even notice it was missing! The neighbor on the other side of the wall kept hearing it meowing and and had to convince her it was in there. They ultimately had to open up the wall to get it out.

Curby, Marty definitely had better luck with his poker playing than I had with my blackjack! I take a certain amount of money with me per day to "contribute" to the Vegas economy and once it's gone it's gone.

Yesterday I had some time on my hands so I got the new iphone. I went for the big one and it seems ginormous to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I wanted a protective case and the only color of otter box they had was hot pink. The black one is backordered throughout the country until mid-November and by then I'll be on Safari. Who knows, maybe I'll get over the color...

I went by my new place this morning to look at the demo that was done while I was gone. The fireplace being out of the living room makes a WORLD of difference! The real hardwood floors under the new layer of vinyl are actually in pretty good shape and had I know that I may have chosen to just refinish them. Oh well, too late now. I was hoping the pass-through from the kitchen to dining room would have been cut by now, but it hasn't been.

OK, off to get some work done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how awful that lady fostered kittens but obviously didn't pay much attention to them. Grr! Glad the neighbor could hear that kitty.

Darn that you didn't hit the jackpot. That's about the way to view how much to spend on gambling, how much you want to spend today. I am totally going to give him crap when he gets home too; he has all that cash and keeps charging coffee on the debit card. Maybe I'll help myself to some cash.

Nice that you picked up your new phone. Good idea to get the Otter box. I've been buying Speck cases and really like them. They have little rows of rubber on the back so they don't shoot out of my hand. They are drop tested up to 10 feet so I've had good luck with them. We took a night shot last night with the full moon; it turned out great! Hopefully you won't mind the pink case.

Darn that you found nice hardwood floor under the vinyl. The oak floors in my parents house were in fabulous condition; they'd always been covered with carpet. That's great you can see a world of difference already. I will be anxious to see the finished project.

Long day at work and I had to stay about 30 minutes extra to take care of some MLB Playoff stuff. I made an egg, cheese, canadian bacon sandwich for supper. Then had a piece of cake a friend of ours gave to me at lunch today. It was tasty.

Take care
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The night shot
1571105913639.png

The Full Moon last night on the horizon
1571105968018.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I saw the moon yesterday while I was driving to TR's and I wanted to take a picture but I decided to pay attention to keeping my car safely on the road instead, LOL. I'm going to go on Amazon and see if I can get a different colored phone case because this pink one is NOT growing on me.

Last night I was just EXHAUSTED and this morning I yawned the whole drive in. It's going to be a looooong day... I'm sitting here waiting for a conference call to start and if someone doesn't begin talking soon I might just doze off!

My contractor, kitchen designer and stone fabricator are all annoying me right now in different ways. Ah, the joys of a renovation project.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good call to not try and take a photo while driving. The moon looked pretty cool again tonight. Amazon will hook you right up with a different colored case.

Sorry you are totally exhausted. I hope you made it through the day and get a good night's sleep tonight. I hate days when I'm really tired.

Oh no the contractor, designer and stone fabricator are all annoying you. Tell them to STOP. Renovations don't always go smoothly.

Had another long, busy day at work. I looked forward to some soup and some toast with peanut butter for supper. Denied. All that was left of our loaf of bread was 2 little heel pieces. Phooey. I'm taking them with some leftover steak for lunch tomorrow; it should make a sandwich; they were just too small to put in the toaster. We've bought 2 of the Sara Lee artisan loafs and inhaled them; Marty more than me.

Remember the bracelet I had made out of a little diamond heart pendant that was my moms? I noticed today one of the little diamonds fell out of it. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I guess I'll have the prongs checked and have them replace the diamond. I hate to quit wearing it.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, oh no about the lost diamond! Yes, definitely get the prongs checked so another one doesn't pop out of there!

Last night I kept trying to go to bed early but all sorts of things got in the way. I finally did get some sleep but then TR woke up about 4 am and kept moving around, which of course prevented me from sleeping any more. I finally made him get up and I fell back asleep for an hour or so. My alarm went off for 8 minutes before I heard it!

Today I've got a bunch of calls (one of which I'm on now), including one with my contractor to find out what the he!! is going on. I also need to talk to the IT guys about my car connectivity problem. I made an appointment with the dealer for tomorrow afternoon but maybe IT has some magic solution that I haven't tried yet. I'm worried that since I can't get my new phone connected to my Lexus I won't be able to hook up Billy Ray either. Damn technology!

OK, better go listen to what's going on on call. Later!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Not much to report this morning. Decent drive in, but I got started about 15 minutes late and it stretched to an additional 30 mins added to the trip. Today I'm continuing to work on the quarterly certifications for the MDs and trying to clean some other stuff up too. The excitement never ends...

It's suddenly fall here! Frankly I'm happy to get out the cashmere, but damn it happened in the blink of an eye...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results