carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it's nice you have an inside contact on the house TR likes. Hopefully his new offer is the winner. Good luck!
Woo hoo to being in a condo you won't end up running. Hopefully everyone is nice though.
I am doing okay with my lifting. I am stronger for sure. I know lifting helps on balance. Marty has a 74 year old client who needs him to hold her hand whenever she squatted or got on the bench and she does it all by herself now. I have lost some pounds and inches but it's gradual. Another one of his clients has lost 5 dress sizes and has a ways to go but she loves lifting and sticks to her diet. Pretty cool.
Look out returning everything because you know you'll come away with some new things. Or most likely anyway. :lol:
Did you bust some heads? I wouldn't mind doing that myself.

We were short handed at work again today so I enjoyed doing work work. My boss called in sick as well so that made the day even better. I picked up Culver's for supper - I had a Swiss butter burger and a dish of vanilla custard. Marty likes those cranberry bacon blue salads. I went out to lunch with a friend of mine from work; it's so nice to get out of the office since i usually eat at my desk.

My night was way too short. I think sir snore in my ear startled me at about 2 am and I kind of jumped and my heart starting kind of racing. Then I was hot and it took me about 2 hours to fall back to sleep. Phooey.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I DID bust some heads yesterday! It makes me mad that it comes to that every quarter, but I guess if everything ran perfectly from a compliance standpoint I'd be out of a job LOL.

I've been to the gym three mornings in a row (I did that last week too) and I think I'm going to skip tomorrow, and likely Friday too because I have a closing in the middle of the day Friday in a horribly inconvenient location that will take me a long time to get to and from. Saturday though I'll try to work out. I have a wedding to go to Saturday downtown so I could come down early, do a class, and get ready there. Probably a better option than wearing my dress on a two hour drive anyway because it'd be wrinkled like crazy before I ever go to the event.

Today I need to do my reviews. I don't even know how many people have tagged me to review them because I've been afraid to log into the system, ha ha. Frankly I largely copy things from year to year so after I go find another cup of coffee I'm going to open up that ongoing file and see what I can cobble together. They are due on Friday but today is my last day in the office this week. Wish me luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good for you busting some heads. Sometimes you just have to do that.
Good deal going to the gym 3 days this week already. I am lifting tomorrow night instead of tonight. Sweet that you are closing on Friday. I'll expect some great pictures from your new place; it's such a pretty view.
Definitely it's probably better to get dressed in town before the wedding. Good idea!
Did you get your reviews done? I've done that before just copy things forward from previous reviews. Sadly they mostly remain the same from year to year.

I met Marty for dinner after work. We split a bottle of wine and ate some food. Ha Ha. Marty is cleaning the desk that is in his office at the gym. He put down his deposit today on the gym and the utilities. He's getting closer.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, the closing on Friday is actually for one of my clients. I closed on my new place in July but until the tenants move out at the end of this month I can't get in there. I'll text you some pics though -- I think you'll like it!

Yesterday I didn't really motivate to do my reviews until late in the afternoon, but I did get them done. Woo hoo! Today I need to do some serious cleaning up of my stuff here. I also have to run to Home Depot and get bubble wrap because I got some storage boxes for a growing abundance of depression glass and I want to pack some of that up.

I tried the rowing machine yesterday at the gym for the first time in ages. Even with a short period (only 5 mins) I had some numbness in my left hand and pain in my neck/shoulder by afternoon. Damn. I really like the rowing machine but it just jacks me up somehow!

Speaking of busting heads, the children are being pretty wild already this morning. I've got the white noise machine on and earplugs in... and yet I still hear them. Whyyyyyyyyy... One of the dogs has also been put in his kennel for some reason and he's parking sporadically. Double whyyyyyyyy...

Alright, might as well get up and climb in the shower.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally remember you closed last month but since you hadn't moved in yet my mind went right to your closing on your condo now. I bet you are getting anxious to move in next month. It looks like a fabulous place! I am excited for you.

Nice to have a client closing tomorrow.

Good deal that you got your reviews done yesterday.

Did you make progress on cleaning stuff and packing your glasses? Both of those sound like chores.

That stinks the rowing machine seems to bother you. I added a pound on each side lifting tonight. It's amazing how much a pound adds when it's over your head.

Phooey the kids and dog were noisy this morning so yes you may as well get up and take your shower.

Work was busy today but about 2 pm today I decided I've had enough so watched some episodes of Jag I have recorded. Oliver North was in 2 of the episodes I've watched so far. I've had a huge jumbotron monitor at work since i had that edema plus retinal scar issue but since the edema is gone or minimized I thought I'd see about going back to 2 regular monitors. I asked my boss today if I could submit a request for 2 new monitors. My boss then came up with the idea to give me a Mac laptop and a Thunderbolt monitor. Our work system is Windows so I'll have to use remote desktop off the Mac but I think I'll like the sharper monitor. The team I just recently took over all use Macs and he's got extra laptops and monitors in his office so will probably be glad to get rid of them. Woo hoo! Crossing my fingers it works for me.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I packed up NINE cases of glasses, with one more to go this morning (I ordered 10)... and there will still be some left in the cabinet. OMG. I organized them by color, which will make it easy(ier) when the time comes to get them out. I won't have room for all of them, but I am going to try to do one of each that I've got. I found a console table on Wayfair that has three shelves and a small top shelf (I see if I can find the pic to post) and I think I could get quite a few on there, as well as the booze. The down side is it's a gold tone and everything else in the house will be a silver tone, but in the reviews someone painted theirs and it turned out well so maybe I'll try that if I really don't like it.

I just woke up from a very vivid dream where I had parked TR's truck in front of the Sip coffee house on Wells Street (it's actually on Grand Ave, but hey it's a dream!) and it got stolen because I couldn't get the truck to recognize the key so it wouldn't lock. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that my Lexus was rifled through in the driveway last week. Good thing I didn't have anything worth stealing in there (except my iphone cord).

We saw three houses last night. The yard in the last one was too small, and also triangular because it was at the curve of a corner (if that makes any sense), the middle one was a big house but I didn't like the floor plan much, and the first one was the best of the three. It's also on a corner so you get a bit more outside space. I'm not sure that TR is going to write an offer on it frankly because he's still trying to wrap his head around living in a development like that. He's pretty fixated on the foreclosure, and his mental price keeps ratcheting up and up, so I wouldn't be surprised if he put an offer in on that one. I think it has the potential to be a great property, but I'm afraid that it will cost him more than he thinks to do all the things he has to do to it. We will see.

It's after nine and I should get up and moving here in a second. Depending on the weather I think I'll take Billy Ray out for the closing!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Yesterday's closing went off without a hitch, which is always nice! I also got to take Billy Ray on a nice long drive there and back, so I enjoyed that thoroughly! When I was on my way home TR said one of his friends was stopping by for a beer. I got home around 5:30 and we grilled burgers and then I ran to the store for dessert Then around 8 o'clock two of our other friends came by. We all sat out on the deck until after 10. It was really nice... except for the bugs that were out in full force.

Today I need to go downtown, swing by my office to drop off the paperwork from yesterday, go work out and then get ready at the gym. I'll get ready there and pick up two of my girlfriends and we'll head to the wedding together.

I'm starting to formulate a plan for getting stuff to my new place. TR thinks if we load up my SUV and his truck we can move everything ourselves, and he's probably right since I only have an ottoman, chaise lounge, and boxes aside from my clothes. I'm soooooo ready to get into my place!!!

Alright, off to clean up a little before I head out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, nice that you got to take Billy Ray for a nice long drive and woo hoo that one of your clients closed yesterday. It was a good day for you. The beer and grilled burgers sounds like fun. That's a great way to start the wekend.

How was the wedding today? You had a lot planned before the wedding too.

You probably can get things moved to your new place using your SUV and TR's truck. I bet you are excited to get in to your new place. I was telling Marty about the great view from there.

We've been crazy busy. Marty has been cleaning his very filthy gym. The small office and bathroom don't look like they've been cleaned in years. He brought the 2 plastic blinds home and use the power washer on them on low. He spent over 2 hours last night and had about 1/4 of one blind done it was so dirty and greasy. They look way better. We were out of food so we had window food last night, then went out for breakfast today before hitting the grocery store. Marty got a 3 pound tomahawk steak for himself tomorrow; I picked up a ribeye for me. I'll have to get a picture of his steak tomorrow. It's huge! I've been working on house stuff today. I washing linens for our bedroom and the front guestroom. Changed out the tablecloth and did a few batches of clothes. I'm reading a book so keep working on it in between chores and TV distractions.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early Sunday kids!

Curby, a three pound steak?! Yes, I definitely want to see a picture of that! I hope there aren't too many blinds if it's going to take that long to clean them.

The wedding (actually it was a reception; they had gotten married the day before in a very small family ceremony) was fun. And my plan to got to my office, work out, and get ready at the gym before picking up my girlfriends worked out like clockwork. I didn't get home until about 12:30 and I'm up already because one of the dogs was barking. I could have about killed him this morning!

Today I want to take back all the extra stuff I bought for my trip and never took -- and will also never wear. I think I need to go to Pennys, Sears, Chicos, DSW, and H&M. The goal is to come home with less than I take back, ha ha!

I'm totally bummed... The sofa idea I had for my new place has been discontinued. I think I found an alternative, but I had this vision all worked out. It's a piece they've had for years now and of course when I want it they phase it out. Argh.

I can hear the children stirring up there. Fvck. Do they NEVER sleep?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I hope you are having a great Sunday.

Dee Jay, it sounds like yesterday was a great time and worked out well to get everything accomplished.
Oh no to a late night and one of the dog was barking early as well as the kids getting up early as well. As my friend with many kids tells me they only sleep in when you don't want them to, they just seem to know.
That is too bad the sofa you wanted is discontinued; can they check around to see if anyone has one in stock somewhere? It does sound like you found a replacement though.
Did you go shopping / returning things today? I toyed to running my broken chain to the mall to have it repaired but think I'll have the jeweler downtown repair it for me.

I've been reading a lot this weekend and hopefully can finish this book today. My last batch of laundry is in the dryer and we just had our giant steaks. Marty's weighed in raw at 3.21 pounds and mine was a mini 1.2 pounds. We both only ate the lean (or leanish) sections but we did finish them. I made us a plate of raw veggies since I didn't feel we needed any side dishes with that much steak.

I did go lift this morning too. Sweet. Now I can be lazy the rest of the day.

upload_2019-8-4_14-16-50.png
upload_2019-8-4_14-17-36.png
upload_2019-8-4_14-18-12.png

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Wow Curby -- that is some MEAT! It looks delicious though; I love me a good steak too.

Yesterday I went to the mall and netted over $700 in returns (I say "netted" because of course I did buy some things, but only at H&M so that almost doesn't count because stuff there is so cheap, ha ha). I stopped on the way home and got fried chicken and then I took the boys home while TR showered and we went to a friends' for a drink. They have a nice back yard with a pool but the bugs came out in full force and now my ankles and one knee are all bit up. I guess I won't be wearing a skirt or a few days!

Not sure what's going on in my office right now but it's FRIGID. That's pretty unusual because normally the climate is good in here. I think I'm going to have to call office services before I freeze to death! I do have a space heater under my desk but it's AUGUST and I feel kind of ridiculous using it.

Last week my boss gave me back his comments on the annual review, which I killed myself to get done by the end of June. Glad he was so eager to look at it. NOT.

Today at lunch I might walk over to Nordstrom Rack and take back one last thing that I didn't do yesterday. I remembered as I was going toward the highway that I wanted to stop there and after being in the mall for so long I just didn't have it in me at that point!

Ok, off to see what I can do about warming this place up a little.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, those steaks were awesome and I am sure Marty's was way more tasty than mine.

Sweet that you netted $700 shopping yesterday. That's a win win.
Setting outside sounds like fun but that stinks bugs decided to make you their dinner. I get so itchy from bug bites. I hope the clear up for you quickly.

Did they warm up your office for you? I am always cold at work. Today I had on a winter weight long sleeve tee plus a sweater. It was perfect for the AC at work.

Gotta love that your kill yourself to get a project done and then get feedback on it months later. But hey it was important. :D

I got feedback from my boss today too but since he's a glass half empty person he totally disagreed with something I had my employees do - he says it's your team and you can do what you want but . . . :wall:

I made tacos for supper and since I didn't want to open a bottle of wine I had a baby Coke with them. Plus I have leftovers for tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It's a lovely warm day in Wyoming. I picked up Arby's for supper and dishes are done already. Sweet.

Have a fabulous day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I swear I typed a post this morning but I don't see it here?! Then again, I couldn't get "track changes" to work in Word today either, so maybe my technology skills today are are a less than high point!

I came home to a mess. TR was at a company golf outing and even though he'd been home at lunch and let the dogs out the big one had apparently eaten something that didn't agree with him. We'll leave it at that.

So I'm trying to avoid a design mistake in my new place. You know the curved corner windows overlooking the church? Well I have a big curved sofa in my head now. I think it would fit and would also look pretty cool, but I'm trying to get the focus to be looking OUT the windows and if it put a sofa there the focus will obviously come IN. There is a possibility I can put it on the wall where the fireplace is going to be removed, but I think that's a long shot because the sofa is 175" long and I am afraid it would curve the whole way across the room. The good news is I'm not ordering anything until I'm in there and have plenty of time to measure and lay things out with paper mock-ups, but I'm just comping at the bit here, ha ha!

OK, off to start the dishwasher and put the dogs blankets in the dryer. TR is asleep on he couch and my suspicion is that's where he's going to spend the night because I'm just going to leave him here in a little bit once I finish my glass of wine and head to bed!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Not much exciting to report his morning. TR did indeed come up to bed at some point, and he said he feels pretty OK this morning, which is good.

I did a light workout this morning because I did a pretty hard one yesterday.

Today I'll keep working on my boss's comments to the review. Oh joy...

After work I'm heading to my clients' place for a walk through. Their buyers have been a pain in the butt and I know the seller's left a bookcase behind so I'm really hoping that doesn't turn into a big deal. I've got a screw driver in the car and if necessary I guess I can take the thing apart and throw it away, but fingers crossed they are like, yeah, sure, leave the bookcase. I'm not planning on going to the closing tomorrow since they aren't going either!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no to coming home to a mess yesterday. Ugh.

I totally like the idea of a curved sofa in your new place but I agree you want to be looking out the window not facing in towards the room. I like the idea of having a sofa where the fireplace currently is and hopefully you can find the perfect one for that spot. I love getting in there and making cut outs to see what works for you. I am anxious to see what you do.

Glad TR is feeling okay today. Marty has "left". You know he feels bad but can't tell you why. After asking if his head hurts, his stomach, is he achy all I got was no and I don't want to talk about it. Oh well onward.

Working on your boss's comments sounds about as fun as my day. My senior manager has been working on setting up a Thunderbolt monitor with my PC. IT hates my immediate boss so never works on his projects. I even brought in my own adapter. After getting it all hooked up it didn't work and my boss and the senior boss got in a snit over the senior boss stepping on his toes working on my PC. Then IT claims there is no windows 10 driver for that thunderbolt and they took my pretty monitor away. They have several MacBook Pros they could put my profile on but who knows what they will do. I just know it has way better resolution that the monitor I have and now I want it. Monitor teases.

I hope the walk through goes well tonight. Don't you hate that when someone just leaves crap behind? Hopefully the client wants the bookcase.

I did have a cupcake at work today and loved every bite of it.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, what a *process* about getting that new monitor! I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, but sheesh!

Yesterday I managed to do a whole lot of not much... Then I left an hour early and went over to the new place to take some boxes back to the storage unit for my tenants (don't ask... ) but forgot to check out the second parking spot that's available to me for rent starting in October, so I guess I'll be going back over there again next week. I can't believe I forgot to look at it!

After that I went to the final walk through for my clients who are closing today. There was some bruhaha over the unit not being cleaned to the buyer's liking so now the sellers have to give a credit for that. Fortunately they said to just leave the bookcase. Thank god! Because it's not just a regular bookcase, it's one of those giant Ikea 5 x 5 ones that it would have been a real b!itch for me to take apart and get rid of by myself. I'll be glad to get this deal closed because the buyers of this place have been a real PITA. Usually it's either the wife or the husband who are problematic, but in this case they have BOTH been a problem!

I stopped at McDonalds and had a hot fudge sundae for dinner after that! When I got home I threw a load of laundry in and did my nails. I need to work on using this shiny kind of metallic polish because it's pretty unforgiving and I get it on my left hand pretty good but my right hand always has some sort of issue. Oh well; first world problems, right?!

Today I need to do some more laundry and I think I'm going to go get a pedicure Thanks are just WILD here obviously! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I'd bet money I won't hear another word about switching monitors. I'm probably stuck with my jumbotron.

Is the second parking spot at your new place? I hope that works out for you.

I bet you are relieved after closing on that place especially when the buyers have been a PITA. I am sure almost anyone can find something to nit pick about on cleaning. Woo hoo it's behind you though. At least they kept the bookcase.

A hot fudge sundae sounds like a perfect dinner after dealing with those clients.

I love glossy, metallic looking polish but I swear my right hand usually looks like a kids painted my nails. I usually end up smudging one too.

The highlight of my day was going out in the parking lot at work and watching the Big Boy Steam engine locomotive come back to town. The railroad track runs right behind where I work.

I did lift tonight. The gym downstairs is a mess since Marty is tearing it all apart. The flooring came in for his gym so maybe he can get that put down tomorrow and move in this weekend.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I love trains too! I've always wanted do take a long train rise somewhere. It might get boring after a while, watching the landscape go by and by and by, but I think the whole experience would be fun to have at least once.

Yesterday I did a ton of laundry. After TR brought lunch home (from Culver's of course) I went to get a pedicure and stopped at H&M. The same thing that happens to be in Costco happens to be in H&M; all impulse control goes right out the window! Yesterday I made a killing on the clearance rack, including a zebra striped dress for $3 (THREE DOLLARS!) and is going to become the new staple of my wardrobe, ha ha. We took the kids to the fair last night. It was a lot bigger than the one we went to in Iowa a couple of weeks ago. My favorite part was petting the animals, especially the horses. We ate a lot of junk and the kids rode some rides. My crowning moment when we got home involved dropping a can on my toe. Yoooooowwwwwwch!!! It hit right where my nail is and it bled a little but I iced it right away and it's not as sore this morning as I was afraid it was going to be. But DAMN did it HURT!

After work tonight TR and I are going to drive to Michigan. We're doing the world's longest yard sale again, which we also did last year. We actually have a plan this year though, so I think we'll be more efficient.

I've been using an on-line room planner and I'm afraid the curved sectional I want will be too big for the room. Once I get in there I'll mock up a paper version and move it around, but it's pretty large...

OK, off to see what the ferals are up to. I just heard one of them scream "Leave me alone!" so apparently the shenanigans has begun already.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I agree - taking a day or two train ride would be really fun. They have one in the Black Hills of South Dakota that sounds fun. Some of them are dinner and wine. They do a Christmas one. I also saw there is one that follows Hwy 1 along the western coast. That would be cool too.

LOL we just had Culvers for late lunch early supper. It's convenient for us and we do like most of their food. I got Marty a grilled chicken, me a swiss butter burger and we split an order of chicken crispers.

Nice that you made a killing on the sales rack. How fun to find a zebra stripe dress for $3.

The fair sounds fun. We have that going on here right now too. I hear the mutton busting and pig wrestling are quite entertaining.

Ouch to dropping a can on your toe. My last job was at a photo finishing place and they had these big ceramic rolls you had to load paper on; I dropped one of those on my foot one time and had a Gordon Ramsey outburst. Ouch !@#$%^&*(IO)P!!!

Great idea to have a plan for tackling the giant garage sale. I hope you find some treasures.

LOL to one of the ferals screaming "leave me alone". That and "stop touching me" are probably a staple in sibling interactions. My sister has 3 boys and when they were younger they fought all the time over toes and invading each other's space. We were all at my parents cabin and the 2 older boys were outside playing in the snow and the younger one was in the loft by himself playing with the assortment of toys up and there and he was fighting with himself over which one he wanted. We were all on the floor.

I was so happy when 5 pm rolled around yesterday, I had no go slow cars in front of me the last 3 miles coming home so I may or may not have exceeded the speed limit. Marty was still working on his gym so I baked a mini pizza and opened a mini bottle of wine for supper. Then I made the mistake of checking the email on my phone and had to dial in to work. :wall:

Today I got up to watch the sun rise then went back to bed. Marty headed to his gym early. I made myself a pancake and 2 pieces of canadian bacon for breakfast then brewed up a batch of cc cookies. I took a try over to Marty's gym so anyone who comes by to help him will have some treats and took a baggie of cookies to a friend of mine who just had her hip replaced. I was going to take her a bottle of wine but they have her on some opioid pain meds so decided she probably shouldn't have alcohol with that. Shei s doing pretty well though.

I took Marty some bottled water and lunch. Now I am working on laundry. I should look in to lifting soon.

Take care.
Curby
upload_2019-8-10_16-54-13.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I told Marty I must need a new Porsche my license plates are under a $1000 this year.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for something to watch on TV. I put on the Revenant. That movie makes me realize I have absolute NO problems.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

I slept in until 7 this morning. It was great. I still feel like a need a nap. Stupid allergies.

Poor Marty is moving stuff to his gym and the people who promised to help are no where to be seen. :wall: I'd offer up the Porsche to haul stuff over there but there is a chance for large hail so maybe not.

Laundry is done. I am working on my galaxies presentation for the astronomy meeting this week. Lots of pretty pictures makes for a good program.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, do you pay a "luxury tax" on vehicles there? I first encountered that when I was in Kansas City and it about knocked my socks off when I got he bill! In Chicago we have plenty of other issues, but our annual fee is only a hundred bucks.

What a crazy weekend... We drove clear to South Bend, IN, on Friday night so we'd be ready first thing to start the yard sale adventure on Saturday morning. That went OK, but TR didn't find a ton of stuff like he did last year. We decided to drive home on Saturday night rather than stay over and give it another go on Sunday since he wasn't really feeling it. Good thing too; I work up Sunday morning with an awful cold. I keep thinking it was my allergies, but alas not. I spent ALL of yesterday either in bed or on the couch. Today a muscle on the right sign of my back is killing me. I keep thinking about what your doctors said about the only time you should be lying down is when you're sleeping, LOL. Somehow I got sucked into a series on Netflix about a space mission. I binged watched five (or was it six?) episodes before I finally dragged myself up to bed. The Friday night can drop continues to haunt me. I wore flip flops all weekend but this morning I had to put real shoes on at work and... ugh.

Today I will continue to work on my boss's comments on the review. After work I'm going to take TR to see two houses. One of them looks GREAT... but it's a foreclosure and it's really well priced so I wouldn't be surprised if it is snapped up pretty immediately.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the county taxes here on vehicles and trailers is 60% of the car's MSRP times 3%. The state fee is minimal. It goes down until it reaches 15% after 6 years. This year I'm at 40%. Sweet. When I friend of mine moved to Pennsylvania her plates cost about $30 for the year. She was thrilled. $100 for plates there isn't bad but as you said they get to your pocket book in other ways.

That is too bad the yard sale was kind of a bust this year. All of the good stuff was out last year?

I am sorry to hear you have a bad cold; they are miserable this time of year. Feel better soon. Oh no a muscle is killing you in your back; I hope that gets better soon. I hate to hear your foot still hurts from dropping that can on it; I am sure it left a mark. I hope you didn't crack or break a small bone. I bet real shoes were painful today.

I hope TR finds a place he likes and he can snap it up at a great price. Mega dust coming his way.

Good luck working on your boss's comments.

Marty officially had 2 of his clients come to his gym today. He thinks right now he will stick with by appointment hours. He got this crazy project at work they want done by Friday and no one knows who to talk to, who the vendor is; people who have worked on it all went on vacation. Such fun!

I did mostly enjoy work today. My boss is out this week. I decided I'd take on one of the tasks that my new team does just to say I did it. Watching them from afar I have asked many times "why do you do it that way? It seems very inefficient." I've always suggested you highlight it all, copy and paste it in Excel then filter it down to what you need. They both always said no, that won't work. So about 5 minutes in this morning I did just that and I was done in like 5 minutes. :lol: And that is why my Christmas tree never has tinsel. I don't have that kind of patience.

Then we had a big update for tomorrow come in at 4:18 and at 4:55 I went and asked the person running our inbox if they'd done the update yet they said oh I just saw that. I told them to print it and go home. I wasn't about to pay them overtime especially when it would take an hour to do it.

I met Marty for supper. He is shopping now for gym stuff. Shocking, I know.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, LOL on not having enough patience to put tinsel on the tree! And I love that you took the task your people did and go it done so fast. One of my good friends worked for a bank many years ago and there was some sort of reconciliation that needed to be done daily. The lady who normally did it went on vacation and my friend filled in. She had it finished in about an hour and was like, OK, what do you want me to do now? The lady-on-vacation's boss said, oh you must have done it wrong, it takes XYZ ALL DAY to do it. My friend was like, uhhhhh... that may be the case, but I just did it and it's DONE. Ha!

Yesterday by about 4 o'clock I was just DONE so I left a little early. I was in bed dead asleep by 8 pm! This morning I feel a bit better. Not perfect, but like I might live.

The joy of the review comments continues...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we totally have star garlands for our Christmas tree and not a piece of tinsel.
This new team was organized and took over their tasks from another company and they just kind of made it up as they go. It is very similar to what my other team does so I know they take way longer to complete things than they should. I am pretty sure I could trim a lot of time off their tasks but for now I'll leave it alone. It is probably like the lady at the bank - people are good at making work last so they look busy all day.

Good idea to go home a bit early and get some sleep. I am glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Speaking of making things last at work; I kind of did that today myself. I did manage to watch and delete several episodes of Jag off my receiver. :lol:

Marty has a charge at a hardware store and my stalking app says he is at his gym. He must be working on things over there. He was considering putting up some window film to cut out the morning sunlight.

There weren't many dishes to do tonight so I ordered in pizza. Ha!

A friend of mine at work who leaves 30 minutes before I do sent me a text to watch out for a policeman waiting on the other side of the 30 mph sign. I said thanks but why did he think I'd want to know that? He found that funny for some reason.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids1

Curby, I love that you stalk Marty and know when he's out buying stuff! I'm really glad though that none of the men in my life have that ability or they'd probably sign me up for an intervention of some sort!

This morning I had a hard time getting out of bed and hit the road about 15 minutes later than usual... which turned into +45 minutes on my drive. Ugh. Glad I don't do that too often!

Today I'm wearing a new pair of heels for the first time. They have a rounded toe and they aren't that high but I'm afraid by mid afternoon I may have to take them off thanks to The Can.

My boss is going to be less than thrilled with me today because I came across a regulatory filing that we are supposed to do every five years and... well... it's time. I talked to one of our attorneys late yesterday afternoon and she was like, yeah, the calls have been rolling on on this little bit of magic reporting. Oh. And it's due Aug. 29. Yikes.

So now you know what I'll be working on today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I do have the stalking app and I can always locate him using the find my phone app since our iTunes account is set up as family sharing. He tells me he has an app that notifies him when I'm in a jewelry store. :lol: He actually never bothers to locate me.

That's good you slept in a little bit but darn that you paid for it taking so long to get in to work. I was going to get up to check out the sunrise then fell right back to sleep. I get up at 6:10 every work day.

How did the heals work for you today? I'd probably kill myself in them.

At least you found out about that regulatory filing now instead of after it was due. That would be my luck. When we moved here almost 6 years ago now I faithfully turned in all our change of address notices including to the DMV. They didn't update their records and I never got my notice to renew my driver's license. I was updating info in an electronic wallet I have and noticed the DL had expired months ago. I was kind of surprised they didn't hassle me when I went to renew it. I will never forget this either. They had a waiting list you signed for your turn. They went by time; there was one of the old fashioned clocks with handles that don't line up just right and everyone had put down an hour later. I knew it wasn't that late so I looked at my phone, wrote down the right now and I was called almost the minute I sat down. It paid to know how to tell time. :D

I had a rather quiet day at work. I'm loving my boss is on vacation this week. I watched about 5 episodes of Jag while working on reports, etc. I'm down to about 90 left plus they have 2 episodes a day that will get recorded.

Off to lift.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results