carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, so my latest malady is that there's something "clicking" right where my left hip meets by spine. This is a new one for me, LOL. I just tried doing some stretches on the floor but I'm not sure that helped any. I wonder if a massage would do any good...

Yesterday after work I went to the gym and did an hour of cardio and some floor work. I'm up early this morning so I think I'll take some things out of my closet to go to TR's and then do a noon bodypump class. I could also go to Home Depot and get some bubble wrap and boxes to start to pack up my massive collection of wine glasses. I don't want to take anything off my book shelves though in case this deal goes south and the place has to be shown some more. I've given all the condo docs over with the exception of something the management company has to produce. I've been waiting on that since Monday and I'm getting a little pissy that I don't have it yet. I'm going to reach out to the property manager this morning and light a fire because if we could get some comfort on this deal today I would feel a whole lot better about starting to pack stuff up!

There are two units I'm going to see today after I go to the gym. One of them is a bit far to walk to work and has no outdoor space, although there are roof rights to build an 800 square foot deck (which will be fifty grand all day long since there's also no staircase going to the roof at the moment...). The other is in a more central location and has a balcony, but not quite as cool. I could also probably get that one a bit cheaper, with two side by side parking spots, but both of them are frankly more than what I want to spend (although the mortgage guy is more than happy to give me all the money -- and then some!) so I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it even if I love one of them. Hmmm...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just went into my closet With Purpose thinking I would gather up some things I'm not going to wear in the next month to take to TR's. That should clear out a lot of space in my closet and be a good motivating start, right?!

I pulled out about 20 items, draped them over a chair, and am now back at my computer surfing the net.

#overwhelmed

:lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! My new laptop works great. Woo hoo! No missing spaces or repeating letters.

Dee Jay, oh no to a clicking by your hip. I always say my knees sound like rice krispies when I was up stairs. I hope your stretches work. I still believe lifting has helped my completely trashed knee. Woo hoo!
I hope everything gets resolved and confirmed on your place. Waiting can make us all nervous.
Woo hoo for hitting the gym and starting to pack things up. Pack those wine glasses carefully; they are important. We got wine boxes to pack up all of our glasses; worked like a charm. I need to get some of those boxes for plates and move my Christmas china to the box. One of the boxes 6 plates came in is ready to fall apart.

I didn't think 5 pm would roll around today. Marty copied over my laptop for me and I wanted to come home and play with my new toy. This touch bar is fabulous. I didn't think I'd use it but I was wrong. I set up apple pay on a button so I can shop without pulling out my debit or credit card. Look out. :D

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Saturday from Snowy Wyoming. My Austin Powers line to Winter - Why Won't you Die? :lol:

I spent about 90 minutes last night and then again this morning dealing with March Madness stuff. You know before I worked with sports I thought March Madness Sales was just a clever phrase to have sales in the spring. Little did I know it had another meaning.
I ran Marty's protein shake to him at the gym, put gas in my car, picked up groceries than worked on laundry. I figured out how to customize the touch bar on my laptop. It is rather handy.
I met Marty for lunch; we ran in to some friends of mine so chatted with them for quite a while. It was rather funny; they were having a drink so they ordered me one. Marty had been teasing me in a text he didn't want to show up at the restaurant and find me drunk when he showed up so it was pretty funny he found me in the bar drinking.
Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I got some of those inserts for glasses but once I did the math it was gonna cost me a zillion dollars to do it that way, so bubble wrap and paper it is!

I've packed up seven boxes so far -- just wine glasses and other random kitchen stuff -- and brought it to TR's. The buyers now want to close even SOONER so I'm going to have to get On This in a big big way. I've also been out looking at places... but nada. There is one option in the high rise of the complex that I used to have a townhouse in, but it's expensive already and needs some work. The plusses are that it's in a complex I know is good and well run, the area is great and super easy walking distance to my office, and there's free easily accessible parking for TR's giant truck. BUT... did I mention? ... it's expensive... and it needs work... I've pretty much resigned myself to living up here in the way way far 'burbs for at least a while.

The electrician is coming tomorrow morning to address the few items that the buyers asked for in the course of attorney review. The buyer also wants to come back with her designer at some point, but since I have no idea when that will be I have to leave the house showing ready all the time. Not an easy thing to do when you're packing up everything you own LOL.

I have to do my nails today; they are as wrecked as they've ever been. I'm going to have to keep them cut very short in the course of all this packing too.

OK, off to see if any new units have come on the market today!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Well the electrician is apparently at my house because my security system just notified me of a power failure. Either that or I've got a Com Ed problem, LOL.

The drive in today was pretty good... and then I remembered it's spring break. Oh.

Today after work I'm going to swing by my house and load up two big suitcases that I borrowed from TR and another case of wine. My wine fridge is also full of bottles that people have brought to my parties as gifts so it's a random array of stuff -- and quality. Last night we opened a Pino Noir (not my first choice in reds anyway) and it was only mediocre at best. TR (who knows nothing about wine) was not impressed, ha ha.

This week is my week to get everything queued up to start The Dreaded Annual Review. Wish me luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no to closing so soon on your place. The place in the high rise near work sounds like a good option but darn that it's expensive and needs some work. It's nice you can stay at TR's if necessary. Good luck with packing. Yes, your nails may as well be short for a few weeks; I need to paint my nails today too. I hope the power failure is because the electrician is at your place. Marty was trying to convince me last night one of my teddy bears has a webcam in it so he knew I was still awake instead of sleeping; he is in LA. Glad to hear your drive was good this morning. I drove to Denver and back yesterday; going down at 10 am wasn't bad; coming home starting at 4 pm was another story. I was at a dead stop on the interstate at least 6 times then many periods of 16 miles an hour. The driver's assist doesn't start up again until the car in front of me is about 2 car lengths out so that was a pain to use. I am sure my blood pressure was peaked when I got home.
I am not a fan of Pino Noir either. A friend of mine is coming over for lunch today and is picking up Olive Garden on the way. I am opening some Freak Show for us. Have you tried that yet? We like it and it's fairly reasonably priced.
Good luck with the dreaded annual review.

We went to my sister's yesterday to see their remodel (so far) and go to an annual shrimp dinner fund raiser they hold in her town. Marty was heading to LA so we both drove down. The project Marty has been working on in LA ends this month and it sounds like they aren't renewing the service. What's funny is they are opting to request service and pay per each incident but Marty is a system architect not part of the service group and so the company is saying "what do you mean we can't contact Marty?" We'll see how that goes. Hopefully they have other projects for Marty to work on; good thing I bought a pendant and laptop now, eh?
The cleaning lady is here. I brought up several things today she isn't doing to my satisfaction; I hate to do that but she is a speed / surface cleaner and sure skims over things. My floors always look great though.

Take care.
Curby loving my new laptop has a keyboard that works

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the electrician fixed two of the three things the buyers requested. The third involves an outlet that I had placed INSIDE of a cabinet because I think outlets are ugly. The inspector said it should be turned around so that you can plug stuff in from the outside. OK. Once the new people own the place THEY can have somebody chopping up the cabinets. Until then the outlet stays as-is. I declined to fix that item.

Last night I swung by my place after work and grabbed most of by purses and took them up to TR's. Tonight I'm staying at home so hopefully I've have several boxes packed when he gets to my place so we can load up the truck and then in the morning he can take it all into the house. Just the cab of the truck though, not the back because it will have to sit overnight loaded up. Every bit helps, right?!

So now the buyers DON'T want to buy my sofas and I'm in a mad scramble to see what I can do with them. There are some auction houses but they have longer lead times and I don't HAVE time. Ugh. I was so hoping they would just take the damn things.

Today and tomorrow I need to be super productive -- off I go!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you should tell the buyers since you have to get out so soon you don't have time to relocate the sofas. Ha Ha. You are making progress moving things to TR's house. Moving is such a chore.
I don't blame you for leaving the outlet inside the cabinets; that would be pretty invasive to move them now. We replaced all of our kitchen outlets with some decorative plates that we really like; we had them at our last house too. The rest of our place have the basic off white ones.
Good luck being productive.

I love going back to work after having time off to have my boss walk by me and say "we need to talk". Joy. This time was on appraisals and that we have to assign goals to everyone. That turned in to an hour long discussion. I got my 20th anniversary certificate today plus a present from Tiffany's. It's a silver business card holder. Obviously I don't have business cards for work but I have sure had lots or smart arse ideas floating around in my head today to make some up.
After work I stopped at the mall and had supper then picked up my earring jackets I had made in to dangle earrings. I like them.

It was 63 after work and barely a breeze; I must have been transported to a warmer parallel universe.

Curby
tiff.jpg caseearring.jpg earring.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I think your dangles are great! And as for being transported to a warmer parallel universe -- we must be in the same place, LOL. Although we're still pretty windy, which can catch you off guard. I almost wore a skirt today but then I decided to walk to work, so pants it is.

I packed up to suitcases full of boots ( :rolleyes: ) and some more boxes last night, which TR loaded into his truck when he got there. This morning he also piled to big chunks of clothes on top. Slowly but surely! A friend's sister is coming to look at the sofas tonight so fingers crossed she wants them! I'm going to see half a dozen places on Friday morning. The one I got most excited about has slipped on the list though because I had pegged it's location in my head about four blocks north of where the building actually is. Damn. There are others though... right?! And at this point I'm committed to going to TR's for a while at least so what difference does it make whether it's 2 weeks or 2 months?

I NEED to read this giant regulatory filing that's been sitting on my desk for days now... but I just can seem to get excited about it, ha ha.

Oh, and I NEED some chocolate too. (Well... OK... maybe NEED is not the right word... but I WANT some!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it was really nice here again today. The 4 letter white stuff is coming back late tomorrow though. Good call not to wear a skirt when walking to work in the wind.
Ugh to reading a giant regulatory document. I'd say a piece or two of chocolate is a reasonable reward for wading through that.
Nice that you got more things packed and moved to TR's. You may as well live there for a few months so you can take your time moving back after finding your new place. Have fun looking at places on Friday.

Thank you on my earrings. I wore them today. I don't have many dangle earrings right now so it will be nice to have something different to wear. I dug out my tri gold bracelet to wear today too. I am anxious to get my shipping notice for my pendant and glamour shots. I'll be checking my email at work frequently tomorrow.
I lifted tonight then had soup for supper. I have to dial in and do some work in about an hour but it shouldn't take long.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, your new pendant is going to be fabulous and I can't wait to see it! How is the lifting going? Is your trainer still torturing you?

Last night a friend's sister came over to see the couches and I think she's going to buy them. Then my friend and I went to dinner but it took soooo long. After she left I took off my gel polish and tried these new self adhesive press on nails because my own nails are just a WRECK with all this packing. They are OK but I wouldn't wear them all the time. I tried to filed them down a little but it was more trouble than it was worth so I'm just going to wear them as-is. I may swing by a Sally and see if they have other options.

Today we're supposed to take the kids to the aquarium. We'll see if that actually happens because sometimes TR's kids don't want to DO anything. Last time we tried to go to the zoo (fourth of July last year) it was a big bust. The appraiser is also coming to my house around noon and the new buyer and her designer are coming at 4 pm. I really really hope my loud a$$ neighbors aren't up there stomping around!

I still have 10 pages of that regulatory document to read... ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my trainer is constantly torturing me - including picking on my teddy bears. Lifting is going well. I am dead lifting 45 pounds which is amazing to me. Presses are up to 25 pounds; that one i am taking it easy. I am adding a 1/2 pound on each side at a time. :lol:
I am very anxious to see my pendant which should be at FedEx tomorrow. Sweet. Hopefully it comes in time that i can run over during my lunch or Marty can get it before they close.
I hope your friend's sister buys your couches. It would be nice to get that taken care of now. I know people who have tried those stick on nails and had the same comments as you. I filed my nails at work today but need to paint my nails again. They are splitting from wearing polish all the time though.
Did you make it to the aquarium? Kids are often a challenge to get out of the house.
10 pages left on the regulatory document isn't bad. Good luck.

I met a friend for supper tonight. We had a nice visit. She and I used to work together at the photo shop. I got gas on the way home since cold and snow is moving in again. It was super foggy out and looked both cool and eerie. I had a fraud alert from our credit card so logged in to see pretty much all of Marty's charges in LA were pending and they suspended the card. I totally filled out a travel alert online for his trip. :wall:

Take care.
Curby almost new pendant.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two glamour shots from Whiteflash.
pend.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I can't wait to see your pendant for real! I should get out my little bezel pendant and wear it. It's one of my favorite pieces of jewelry because it's so simple and versatile.

We did take the kids to the aquarium yesterday. The older one is really a pill. Fortunately I get a discount as a city resident so it was only a hundred bucks for tickets for all of us as opposed to about double that, but we only stayed a few hours and I swear most of that was spent in line at the food court. Honestly, I can't think of anything to do with them that they'd think is fun. It's very frustrating. Anyway...

I accidentally met my buyers last night. They were coming over with their designer and so I thought I'd go to the Container Store to get some sort of hanging things to put my shoes in at TR's. On my way out the gate there was a lady and I felt bad leaving her standing there so I asked if she was there for my unit. It turned out to be the designer so I let her in and we were having a nice chat and lost track of time and then the buyers showed up. Oops. Then, on my way back, my agent texted me that they were heading out so I came home... and they were still here. Double oops. They seem like really nice people and I hope they are happy here.

About the sofas... I called Montauk the other day and asked if they had any ideas about where to consign them. Well I got a voicemail yesterday from one of the women there that they may have someone interested in buying them! Not sure what's going on with my friend's sister because I didn't hear a peep out of her yesterday, and if I were really interested in buying something I'd be all over it (but maybe that's just me!). So who knows what will happen...

Today I'm going to load up my car with stuff and park it over by where I'm going to see five units in three different buildings. Hopefully I'll love one of them. Then I'll head to TR's, but I have to come home tomorrow because I'm going to a friend's retirement party here in the city.

OK, off to greet the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, your bezel set pendant is really pretty. I know i will enjoy wearing my new pendant. They are simple and versatile.
I feel your pain on finding fun things to do with TR's boys. I think kids that age are hard to entertain especially something family oriented.
Oops meeting the buyers but it sounds like it worked out okay. I'd say your friend's sister isn't interested in the sofas if you didn't hear from her. That would be great if the other people turn out ot be interested.
Did you like any of the places you saw today? You have a busy weekend with packing, traveling and parties.

I checked the FedEx tracking number right before 11 today and saw my pendant was ready to pick up so I took an early lunch. I ripped open the box when i got in the car and since I didn't order a chain it was just shoved down in the ring slot so I left it alone. No way was I taking it out in my car - I could see that sucker shooting off somewhere and I'd never see it again. I got to work and looked at it at my desk. One of my bears at work has a chain so I used it to look at it for awhile. I like it.
I bought window food for supper. Marty is sick and sore - he pulled a hamstring and something in his back.
It's snowing. Go figure.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me.jpg Here are a few pics
Zac.jpg pendant.jpg

Attachments

• Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 15

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, your new pendant is really beautiful! It looks great on you -- and on the bear, ha ha.

About the units yesterday... they were all gut jobs as far as I'm concerned. So then the dilemma becomes do I spent X and then Y to gut, or do I just spend X+ and get something that's done. Unfortunately I can't find X or X+ that I actually WANT so it's a moot point right now.

TR is off at an auction at the fairgrounds and I am home with the ferals. They are playing video games (of course) and I've got a load of clothes in the washer. I need to get all the stuff out of my car that I brought up yesterday and assemble the storage cubes for the to of the closet so I can put my purses up there and unpack some more clothes. I'm not super motivated at the moment but I'm hoping it will hit me here soon, LOL.

This afternoon I need to head back into the city to go to a retirement party. I'm thinking I'll go a little early and load up the car again to bring it back north tomorrow morning. Ah, the joys of moving...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you. I need to get a heavier chain for it; I can tell the mounting is solid since a 1/2 carat diamond doesn't weigh that much. I swapped out a chain with another pendant for now.
That is a tough call on getting a place to renovate or one that doesn't require much work. I guess when you find the right place; you'll know it.
LOL to the "ferals" :lol:. Such a perfect term for those of us not used to dealing with kids. Kids are definitely preoccupied with their electronics these days. How did we amuse ourselves as kids?
You are keeping busy with packing, moving and unpacking. I am tired just hearing what you are doing. Good luck!
Have fun at the retirement party.

I stayed up late and finished a book I was reading. Marty still feels bad but went to the gym. I am making some homemade beef noodle soup and think I'll brew up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I need to work on the April newsletter and do laundry too. I did go lift a while ago.
We only got a dusting of snow and it looks like the sun is melting it already. I might run to the mall and see what they have in chains.

Take care.
Curby

Note the fake license plate in the background here:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upload_2019-3-30_11-8-44.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

I slept in until almost 8 this morning; my muscles are calling me names for not moving from about 2 am on. I made some French toast for breakfast and Marty wants some chicken salads from Culver's for lunch so I'll go get them in a few hours. Poor guy is still sick and the muscle in his back is really ticked off; apparently a sneeze hurt it so bad he had to kneel down on his knees to keep from falling over. He has a strength lifting competition in a few weeks and is determined he'll be fine for that. It wouldn't break my heart if he decided not to go because I am his "helper" that day and don't relish the drive to Omaha on one of my busiest weekends for work. We will see.

I wrote my article for the paper this morning and need to start another one - they asked me to write one on tips and ideas for summer star gazing. I told Marty I am an unpaid contributing reporter. I know they are losing subscribers and have cut back on employees - as most papers have done.

Yes, it's true I wrote Brittany last night and asked for the price on matching earrings to my pendant. They'd be .12 ct each ACA melee on lever backs. I could beg Marty to get them for my birthday in May. :D

Take care.
Curby

E3100.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-the earring conversion was a great idea. I really like those, and I love the pendant! It looks great on you(and the bear...you’re going to fight over it!) and you NEED earrings to match! I hope Marty starts feeling better soon.

Dee*Jay-I do not envy you with the packing up and looking for a new place. As I’ve said before, I’m not moving until I retire and become a snowbird in the south!

Mom was released from physical therapy and home health a mere 15 days after surgery. She has always been super active, and she wasn’t about to let this be more than a nuisance. I’m in the middle of an unpleasant flare up, but I’m trying to be like mom and not sit around too much. Matt and I took Lily for a long walk in the park today and it felt nice while I was moving. Now, not so much. I’m bundling up and heading to bed. Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I think matching earrings is a GREAT idea! And LOL on being an unpaid contributing report -- we'll have to start calling you Lois Lane!

Deegee, good for your mom for taking all this by the horns! Sometimes people let a medial issue be an excuse to sit around and do nothing, and she is obviously no doing that, ha ha.

The retirement party Saturday night was a ton of fun and I got to catch up with a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while. Sunday morning I got the brilliant idea to check out a building that I somehow didn't put on my list on Friday's tour. I was able to get into one unit (which I would seriously consider if it was facing south instead of north), and I'm going to see another one in about an hour. Unfortunately the owners decided to spruce it up a little since it hasn't sold so they have painters in there now and they are refacing the cabinets. Damn -- I hope they don't want to jack up the price because I'd likely just gut the thing anyway so I don't want to pay for someone else's reno work. If this worked out it would be GREAT! Fingers crossed!

Today is the first day I can start this year's annual review. I've printed out last year's as a starting point -- does that count... ?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, it sounds like your mom is doing great. I am so glad to hear that! I am so sorry to hear you are having a flare up; I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Nice you went for a walk with Lily.
Thank you and I agree I need the earrings.
Marty seems a little better tonight. He's up doing something.

Dee Jay, if the earring estimate doesn't make me keel over (for 1/4 ctw earrings) I may just forward it to Marty - birthday suggestion. :D
Lois Lane - ha ha.
Glad you had a nice time at the retirement party. Good luck with the new unit you are interested in seeing.
Yes, reading last year's annual review does count.

Last night when I went to get ready for bed I started to take my chain off and the silly thing fell off without me touching the clasp yet. WTH? I returned it tonight. I snagged the chain off my sapphire pendant and ordered another one of those chains tonight.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, that's so scary about the chain coming undone! I'm glad you returned it.

I made an offer on the unit I saw at lunch yesterday, including support for why it was low (i.e., the five similar units that had closed in 2018 that were already upgraded vs. this one, which needs new floors, kitchen and bathrooms). The sellers rejected my offer and declined to counter offer. Debating whether I should even both going back to them at this point or just sit tight and see what else comes on the market. The appraisal came back on my place and it's good so we're full steam ahead on the closing, which the buyers want to move UP from the 22nd. Better get more serious about that packing and hauling stuff to TR's!

Today I train the last of the non-managing directors! (We do the MDs as part of their quarterly certifications.) It's been a long slog, ha ha.

I've also committed to doing three things related to the annual review today. I WILL get this sucker done early this year!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I know - it was quite strange that chain came off. Especially after I'd had it on for about 5 hours.
Tough call on whether to go back with another offer. Darn they rejected the offer you put in though.
Yes, you do need to get a lot of packing done if you are closing on the 22nd.
You will get annual review done early this year.

Marty's back is still pretty bad; he plans on trying to lift tomorrow. We went out for supper then picked up some of those icy hot strips at Walgreen. Hopefully those will help Marty's back. I asked him if he wanted to get me those earrings for my birthday. He was giving me grief for "my ruse"; he said just buy them if you want them. :lol: I might order them tomorrow. The quote was $1025 for the WG earrings with .24 ctw.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm surprised that Marty is going to try lifting if his back is still jacked up. Tell him to be careful! And LOL on your "ruse" -- just order the earrings!!! #enabler

Last night I packed up another box of wine (where did all this come from?!) and four boxes of kitchen stuff, which took a surprising amount of time to get done. I was hoping to have more by the time TR got there, but it is what it is.

Tonight my best friend is coming over and we're going to order in and continue the packing adventure. I hate to say it but I think it's time to tackle the book shelves. That needs to be done when someone else is there because I'll be up on the 10' ladder. And that way I can just hand stuff down from the upper shelves and I won't have to climb the whole way up and down with every thing.

If all goes as planned someone is coming on Saturday to get the sofas. Please god let this work out...

Next weekend we're going to rent a trailer and move the big stuff to TR's. Not a lot really -- two upholstered chairs, a big ottoman, leather chaise lounge, and a small sofa that I'm donating to the older kids' room because now that he's moving in to the teen yeas he wants to make it like a "lounge" in there. Not sure exactly what that means, but godspeed to him, hahahahaha!

I did do some stuff on the annual review yesterday and it felt GREAT! Now if only I can keep up this momentum...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I tried to point out to Marty that pain is trying to tell your body something but I believe I saw those words float right out the other side of his head. His strength training belief is you work through it and you brain gets used to the pain and just ignores it since it's use to it. We will see.

I was amused by the ruse comment. I am still debating on the earrings. First I have been spending way too much money lately (furniture, flooring, emerald band, new laptop, new pendant) so I feel bad about that. For $1000 I could get some dangles with more diamonds than little .12 carat but then again they wouldn't match my pendant. The key point though is I want them. My brain say no my impulsive side says go for it.

Well you know how to reduce the amount of wine you have to move - of course then you'll be less likely to keep packing. Nice that your best friend is coming over to help you pack. Good idea to work on the book shelves when someone else is there. Don't try my wine suggestion first before going up the ladder.

I hope the sofas are gone Saturday.

It sounds like you don't have a lot of big stuff to move to TR's. That is kind of neat the older boy wants a lounge area in his bedroom. I had a rocking chair, foot stool and TV stand in my room; I spent lots of time in there. My next door neighbor and I watched Jeopardy every night while we were on the phone seeing who could get the answers first. I think of her everytime Jeopardy comes on now.

Yeah for doing stuff on your annual review. Woo hoo!

I used my emergency speed method today to get through all of my reports at work. It's a secret but I made macros that compares schedules with events and elminates duplicates - leaving only things I need to check out. Sweet. My 4-5 hours worth of pulling and studying reports can be done in less than an hour. It's my fail safe in case I am really short handed or they cut people in my department. How smart I'll look when I get the work of 5 people done in an hour.

It's rainy here today. Marty wants to know when we moved to Seattle.
Take care.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just told Brittany to order those earrings for me. :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm so glad you ordered the earrings and I think you'll really love them! Now that my hair is long I could do some dangles... Hmmm... There is another big gem and jewelry show here the weekend of May 3 so now I have something to shop for!

Yesterday I got word that the buyer's lender wants a "field review" which is essentially a second appraisal, even though the first one came out fine, because it's a unique property with no direct comps. Fvck. So my plan to get a lot of stuff out of here this weekend is derailed and I'm stuck with only packing up things that you can't see, like the stuff in the closets, in case the second appraiser does come in as I want it to look as good as possible. I know they aren't appraising the furniture etc., but you still want it to show great for something like this. How annoying. So my friend didn't come over last night because what's the point of that if I'm going to be in the closet the whole time? Still up in the air on the sofas too because the lady hasn't actually committed. WTF. Make. A. Decision. !!!

I got the idea yesterday of doing a mailing to the people who own units in the two tiers of the building I like that I would actually want to buy (southwest and southeast corners). Along of the lines of, if you have any interest in selling please contact me. Not sure if anyone will bite, but it's worth a shot. And I guess I know what my worst case scenario is with the other unit; i.e., I can have it if I pay full list price. Of course it's possible someone else might come along and buy it in the interim, but I guess that's a sign, right?

As speaking of doing a mailing, let me tell you about my post office adventure yesterday. I went to the PO in the Merchandise Mart by my office to see about rending a PO box so I can move my mail. I make the trip over at lunch time... and the door was open but there was a sign on the counter that said "Counter closed - back open at 12:30." Whhhhhhaaaaa?!? There were people in there too, I could see them moving around in the back room. So they just shut down the counter during the busiest time of the day to have lunch... ?!? There were a lot of customers milling around in there going what are we supposed to do? This is the only time I have to come here?! Anyway, I went back about an hour later and they were open... but there was a new sign up on the counter that said "All sold out of stamps, nearest location is 540 Dearborn," which is another post office. So the POST OFFICE is out of STAMPS. Really?!? I swear to god, I don't know why the PO still exists. Can't Jeff Bezos just take it over and make is part of Amazon so it runs efficiently?! Rant over!

Already, up to get packing. Boxes and tape and bubble wrap, oh my!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results