Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the den. Looks good. upload_2019-1-9_12-30-38.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the hallway. You can see the difference. Marty said they lacked one board at the other end of this hallway and we have an orange piece in it. The last box was mostly orange.
upload_2019-1-9_12-32-22.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I really do think this is looking GREAT! I confess I was a bit worried with the first pics you posted that had all the light orangey boards, but the den and hallway are very very nice!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the floor does look good. I am glad you approve of our discussion methods.
Oh no that TR's water heater needed replaced. I am glad he found it before it made a huge mess. Good deal he got a new one put in already.
How was BBBS? Nice that you made it to the gym.

I had a work, work, work day too. My PITA employee called in sick. I was so happy.
I used a swifter everywhere in here tonight and Marty ran the vacuum. It looks better already. Marty has to caulk the trim and paint it again. We were able to return 2 complete boxes yet don't have a single piece of wood left if we have to repair or replace anything. Marty did find a box with our lot number in Florida so he might try to get that shipped to us. They had to use some of the light orange in our hall closet but it does look nice.

Here are some pics
Curby
You can see both the hall and den here
upload_2019-1-9_19-8-12.png
Here is the den
upload_2019-1-9_19-8-38.png
The hallway going past the den
upload_2019-1-9_19-9-3.png
The hallway that goes to the right from the other hallway. The carpet guys will have to reattached the carpet at the 2 bedroom doors
upload_2019-1-9_19-9-37.png
And last but not least the linen closet floor. The last few boards were the orange
upload_2019-1-9_19-10-38.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, the floors really turned out beautifully! And hopefully that extra box that Marty located with be perfect.

Last night after BBBS I ran up and met my client to sign off on some paperwork. Then I went home and cleaned up a little... but not much, LOL. Nothing exciting this morning, just trying to make it through the process of getting the certifications in the hands of my employees. Ok, off to start that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks I think the floor turned out good. Marty just got back from the hardware store buying some felt feet for things and caulking. I'll be glad to get the furniture back out of the living room. I am still smelling the sawdust from the few spots they patched in the kitchen.
Good luck with your client. I cleaned a little bit tonight too. I dusted the cabinets in the kitchen and washed everything that comes loose on the top of our stove. I hope you get through handing out the certificates quickly.

My day was equally as exciting as yours. Work, dishes, cleaning and now I am watching TV. Tomorrow is Friday. Sadly it's going to snow.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

We had snow most of the day that melted but then turned in to an icy mess about the time we were coming home from work. Fun!
We got most of the den put back together tonight. Marty painted the trim today. We still need to get our recliner back in there but other than that I think we are good to go. And the computer chair. Marty was putting shelves back in one of our bookcases and the felt pieces he put on the feet didn't work very well and he scratched the new floor. Darn. Most of it is under the bookcase but there is about a 3 inch scratch you can see in front of it. Woo hoo! It wasn't me.

Tomorrow we are picking up the area rugs and then need to start packing stuff out of the bedroom and our closet (it's about a 8 x 12 room). My sister is taking our medium sized area rug and the 2 small ones by the doors. I was talking to a friend of mine at work today about our floors and I said - oh that reminds me I need to see if someone wants our bigger area rug. She pretty much said "I'll take it" before I told her the size and showed her a picture. They just moved in November and she is using a bright red area rug in the living room that is just too much. That is going to the basement now. That was quick and easy. I even had the non skid pad for it that we'd never opened.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids,

Curby, can you use a stain stick or one of those waxy crayon type things on the scratch? Sometimes those work miracles!

Yesterday morning I was super early for the virtual tour for a new listing, but that was ok because the photographer was early too so I got on with my errands sooner! I stopped at Costco and returned some things... And of course bought some other things. Then I went to the outlets I was at last week and returned some things... And bought some other things... Are you seeing a pattern here?! I did make it up to TR's before Friday traffic go to bad though, and I had time to do my nails before we went out to dinner with some friends of his.

Speaking of Costco, I ordered these polar fleeces off the site and the reviews said they ran crazy small, especially in the boobs, so I got mediums and, just to be safe larges too, knowing I can just take back the sizes that don't work... Yeah... No! So I went back on the site and ordered smalls, and honestly I'm not sure THOSE won't be too big too based on the way the others were running! I home they work out though because they are nice colors and only $13.99 each. I already a zillion fleeces but I'm trying to convince myself to get rid of some of the old ones if the new ones work out. We'll see!

#packrat

TR took the kids back to their mother this morning and is now headed to an auction. There's a big china cabinet listed that he wants to check out as an option to out my ever growing depression glass collection in. My goal or the day (once I get out of bed!) is to do the cow bag lady's accounting. Excitement abounds!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we have an assorted pack of those crayons and they have saved me many times. I am a klutz.
Nice that you got the photos taken early and could begin your assorted errands for the day. I almost took a side job of photographing houses for realtors but then I got my adjunct position and passed on it. A friend of mine took the job and I think she made some nice spending money with it.
Yes, I see a pattern that returning things leads to more shopping. It totally makes sense. It is equalizing things out.
That is a great price for polar fleeces; I hope they fit perfect. I have more polar fleece in my wardrobe than anything else. It helps keep me warm. I should check Sams Club; they sell Eddie Bauer stuff maybe they have some fleece I can snag. Good plan.
LOL to #packrat; I swear we have so much crap in this house. I am still faithfully throwing things away. I have almost got our excess boxes from Christmas thrown out too. It takes a while.
I like the idea of getting a china cabinet for your collection. My mom had 2 of them because she loved her china and crystal and boy were those suckers packed when we cleaned out their house. I took a few of her crystal bowls. Her china was all girly and flowery so Marty wasn't a fan.

We both slept in today. What a relief. We spent the morning packing up things out of our closet and bedroom, finished cleaning and putting the den back together then went out to lunch. We had pizza but I go deep dish so that is a 6 meal pizza for a medium pizza; 1 piece is more than enough. Afterwards we picked up our area rugs and spent most of the afternoon getting those put out. Naturally the pads didn't fit perfect so Marty had to measure and cut a few of them down. We like the new look. This afternoon Marty had a "Lift Off' party and had a few of his clients over to go for a new personal best record. Ironically I was baking cookies for our company tomorrow and they sure enjoyed some cookies when they were done. i sent home a baggie of cookies with the air force guy for him and his roommate. I think I made a friend.

I keep moving around heavy things on the new rugs trying to get them flat.

Have a great Sunday.
Curby

Here are a few pictures. Our trim and doors are white so yes the overall pictures are a bit yellow

The living room
upload_2019-1-12_20-57-47.png
The entry way
upload_2019-1-12_20-58-40.png
The den
upload_2019-1-12_20-59-49.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your floors look beautiful! And I love the rugs too. Those are the colors I gravitate to. I find them very soothing. We’re trying to decide on whether we want carpet or hardwood in our bedroom. Carpet is better for a bedroom, but we have pets. The very day it is installed, one of the cats could puke right in the doorway or Lily could come marching in with muddy paws. For pet reasons, we’re thinking hardwood and a big rug. We also plan to get a new front door and paint the kitchen, but those items have been on my list for a while and I never get around to taking care of them! Do you have your new furniture? We ended up having to get a new garage door opener in December. We fought with the other one for a long time, had it repaired, recalibrated, etc. It finally made one really loud last noise, then died. It’s nice knowing that when you push that button, the door is going to do what it’s supposed to do.

Dee*jay-I saw the pic of your new ring. Gorgeous! I’ve been thinking that my next jewelry purchase may very well something with a yellow diamond. I hate trying to judge something to order by reviews. I’ve gotten to where I don’t pay attention anymore, then read the reviews after I get it and it doesn’t fit! I have such a hard time finding stuff to fit in the chest area! I have only pulled out a few of my winter things and have been ordering new stuff. And tonight as I was buying the Target brand of vitamins and Claritin to save a buck, I was thinking of our conversation about being cheap with some things and blowing money elsewhere! I’m too lazy to go through a closet and just order new clothes, but hey! Target brand Claritin is $5 cheaper than the real thing!

The last few weeks really got away from me. Whew! I feel like I’ve been running all over the place and hadn’t had a chance to catch my breath. I completely hibernated yesterday and it was AWESOME! I worked for a few hours today, did laundry and went grocery shopping. Luckily we have had rain all weekend and none of that predicted snowstorm. Unfortunately a big section of the 2-lane road I take to work has slipped away due to all the sogginess lately, so I’ll be traveling the interstate for the foreseeable future. No more going through the worlds longest school zone!

Have a wonderful Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Deegee, thank you. I sure like our new floors. The carpet comes tomorrow. :appl: Then I think I'll go pay the balance on our furniture and hopefully that hurries up it's completion and delivery. i think the earliest the furniture will arrive is later this month.
I totally get preferring hardwood floors with pets in your bedroom. I like the cozy warmth of carpet in the bedroom so that is why we went that way.
I am with you on the security of knowing your garage door will always work. I am glad you got it replaced. We'd been having problems with our garage door closing when sun was on the sensor. I cleaned the sensors, didn't fix it. Marty checked their alignment and event swapped them from one side to the other. It got worse. We called in the experts and it turned out to be a bad sensor. My fear was it was totally crap out when Marty was gone.
I quit reading reviews too because if I bought things solely on reviews I'd never buy anything again. Wait maybe that's a good thing. :lol:
I vote you get a yellow diamond too. I'm pretty happy with my yellow sapphire so I'll resist adding that to my wish list (for now).
Glad to hear the snow didn't hit you guys; I saw a lot of places got a lot of snow. Ugh to the road being ruined from water. What a pain.

We had another busy day. I did more cleaning this morning after cleaning out the closet I decided to vacuumed and clean the baseboards. Then moved in to a few other rooms. My sisters and BILs got here about 11 and left a while ago. It was a nice day. I'll be glad to go to work tomorrow and rest up. And hopefully I'll have new carpet when I get home.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Monday. I got in a fight with the pointy corner of the cabinet over my washing machine last night. I lost. Damn that spot on my head hurts. I was better until I started poking around on my head to find the "spot". I stayed home today and wish I could nap but the guys are coming to put in our carpet shortly. I'm both queasy and hungry. I might try an English muffin.

So I hope your day is going better than mine.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-oh no! I hope you don’t have a concussion! I hope the queasy/hunger thing settled down. That’s a bad feeling. How’d the carpet turn out? I’d much rather have carpet in a bedroom, but I’ve lived with cats and dogs for too long. I didn’t even think of a yellow sapphire. I need to think about going that route. Today is my 24th anniversary, and I haven’t picked out my Christmas/Anniversary/Birthday/Valentines Day present. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me! How’s your knee been doing? My mom is awaiting knee replacement surgery scheduled for March, and she tore the meniscus in her good knee recently. She is very depressed because she is normally very active but can’t do anything right now, and is having to use a crutch. She had a steroid shot in her “good” knee a few weeks ago that did nothing, and had a rooster comb shot today. Neither shot helped her other knee, but it is too far gone for anything but surgery.

I’m about to fall asleep! I didn’t sleep much last night because Matt snored so incredibly loud all night. It was like having a lawn mower next to my head! I’m tempted to tell him to sleep down the hall tonight, but that seems wrong on our anniversary. So exciting good news... I haven’t been weighing because I get obsessed, but I had to order a couple pairs of smaller sized jeans because mine wont stay up. And my lounge pants and jammies have to be tied tight around the waist or they slip too. I had to take 3 links out of my watch band. Woo-hoo! Ooohhh... and my super warm knee length North Face quilted parka that wouldn’t zip at all last year is still snug but it zips and I’m wearing it!! Have a great Tuesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, OH NO about losing that fight with the cabinet! That's the thing about fighting with furniture and stuff like that, those things tend to win -- spoken from experience here too! Your floors look absolutely awesome and I love the new rugs!!!

Deegee, so to balance the fact that I went a little crazy at the Saks and Bloomingdales outlets these past two weekends I did some shopping off the clearance rack at Walmart yesterday. I thought you'd appreciate that, LOL! I even got some new polar fleece hoodies for $7 each in the girls department. Being small is good for something!

I drove in early this morning because the guy who I want to list my condo came over first thing to look around. Then the location people for the commercial that they're shooting here on Wednesday stopped by to look at some things one more time. It was almost noon by the time I got to work. Tonight TR is supposed to come down but I haven't heard from him yet. He may have gotten wrapped up in something, but I'm sure he'll call eventually.

Off to empty the dishwasher and forage for food. There's not really much in my house to eat!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee-Jay-I haven’t been able to shop in the girls department for a very long time! I’ve always felt like gigantor. I was always the tallest girl in my class from kindergarten through middle school. When we got lined up for height, I was always in back. The funny thing is that I’m only 5’8 1/2 but that was tall when I was growing up. Now my 3 nieces are 5’10 and my nephew is 6’5. I feel short!

Marcy-how’s the noggin?

I woke up with a bad sinus headache & pressure behind my eyes and cheeks this morning, so I stayed home from work. I swear I slept most of the day. Matt is stopping by the pharmacy on the way home to get sinus pain medicine for me. I hope he gets something good. We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight for our anniversary/my birthday dinner but I sure don’t feel like it. That’s just going to have to wait. Have a good day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I'm better tonight.

Deegee, I hate to hear about your mom's knees. I hope they get her fixed up soon. My right one is beyond repair but I keep hanging in there. I figured out getting in and out of my cockpit seats was really messing with it by bending it so much. Now i am getting in and out of the car a different way so the pain has settled down in it. I am sure it will need replaced sooner rather than later.
Happy 24th Anniversary! That is awesome. I think a gorgeous new ring would be a perfect gift.
And it's your birthday too? Happy Birthday.
Woo hoo and congratulations on smaller jeans, tying up your lounge pants and jammies and your warm coat fitting again. My squall parka was really tight last winter so I was delighted to see if zips with ease and I too had to replace my jammies because they were getting too baggy. I'll take it.
I hope you caught up on your sleep. Oh no for having an awful sinus headache. I hope the medicine Matt picked up for you helped. Enjoy dinner.

Dee Jay, it's just not right that things like furniture and cabinets win. Sweet for scoring some $7 fleece. How exciting to hear you are listing your condo. Are you moving forward with that one bedroom place you like? Keep us posted on the commercial. I enjoyed the last commercial they filmed there.

I did go to work today. About 10:30 I was thinking this was a mistake but by this afternoon I was doing better. It could be I didn't have time to poke around on my head seeing what hurts - or did I really get better? :lol: As hard as I hit myself I am sure I had at least a minor concussion and you know there has to be a big bruise up there. We dropped Marty's pickup off for service then Marty took me to work. Every time he accelerated my head would go back and touch the headrest; I kept saying "ouch". It was kind of funny.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby aka Sorehead

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is the carpet in the bedroom - I can't wait to get our Amish furniture now
upload_2019-1-15_18-39-2.png
And one side of the closet. Marty didn't hang his belts up very well
upload_2019-1-15_18-39-38.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I made it until about 10 am until I needed some Excedrin today. Progress. My forehead isn't swollen anymore. Woo hoo!!!

I hope you are having a great day.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your carpet looks great! I bet you feel like you’ve moved to a whole new house again. Isn’t it awesome when your pants get baggy? I have on Jammie bottoms that I got for Christmas and I thought they had a tie waist. It’s just a bow sewn on! That’s so wrong!! I hope your head keeps getting better. I had a concussion a few years ago that threw me for a loop for a few days. Thanks for the birthday wishes. My bday is today and my anniversary was Monday. We didn’t go out last night, but we’ll plan to on Friday.

I made it through today thanks to Sudafed sinus pain + pressure. Kinda sleepy all day though. My friends and I had lunch today at an Indian restaurant. It was a buffet and my friend from India made sure I tried a bite of everything the buffet had to offer. She is traveling home to Mumbai on Friday and she sure picked a good time to go. It’s going to be COLD this weekend! Have a great Thursday. (This is a short week for me and I’m already for it to be over.)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee, I envy your height! I'm five foot nuttin' and have always been the smallest person in a crowd. Sinus headaches are horrible -- the right mix of drugs is key!

Curby, your carpet turned out great! Hopefully your furniture will come sooner rather than later. The one bedroom place I was considering is under contract. That's OK, there will always be more.

Yesterday was a whirlwind! The film crew showed up a little before 7 am and was there until after 8 pm. This is the first time I've watched any filming in my unit and it was borrrrring, LOL. They did the same thing over and over and over again. If that was my job I'd shoot myself! Today the cleaning lady comes. That's the best part of filming, ha ha.

Our weather here is turning craptastic. I'm in the office today and may come tomorrow too since I've got a lot to do and not many days to get it done thanks to a trip to Aspen next week. January goes so fast!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, thank you. We sure like the new carpet. It is like having a new house. We were laughing at a commercial tonight about how it's important how much your house project will cost before you start it. I said well the mattress cost $2500 . . . :lol:
i am doing better and I am glad to hear you recovered from your concussion after a few days.
I hope you have a nice birthday dinner tomorrow night. Have you decided on your sparkly present?
I am glad the Sudafed helped you today and I hope you continue to get better. I bet the Indian buffet was good. Stay safe and warm this weekend.

Dee Jay, thank you. I think I'll drop off a check for the balance on the furniture this weekend. Maybe that will hurry it up. I am sure you'll find the perfect place to buy.
I can imagine watching them film was boring. Woo hoo for the cleaning lady coming today.
Yes, bad weather is coming your way. Our cold and snow starts tomorrow. Joy.

One more day till the weekend. Woo hoo!
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I am never moving again. Until I retire and get that beach condo for October-March, that is! But then it would be a second home and it wouldn’t exactly be moving. My friend from India bought me a painting for my birthday and I came straight home and hung it on an existing nail. Now I have 3, count ‘em 3, pictures on the walls. That would be awesome to have the cleaning after filming! I can schedule an “encore” appointment with the BMW to go through questions I have and have them show me fancy features I don’t know about. I don’t really want to do that, but it comes with a free detail. I just about can’t pass that up!

Marcy-the projects I absolutely want to get done are 1) new front door, 2) new flooring & bedding in my bedroom and 3) paint the kitchen. I wonder where those things will take me! I looked back through pictures to see when I painted sample color stripes on my kitchen wall, and it was 9/2015! I’m pathetic when it comes to house stuff. We didn’t have food in this house for dinner tonight, so we went to the Outback for steak. I’m not claiming that as my birthday anniversary dinner. I’ve got someplace else in mind where we seldom go, and I always feel like it’s a big treat to eat there.

I have a meeting tomorrow from 1-4:30 and I worked extra today to prepare. I’d like to shut my door when I get to work, but that seems to be an open invitation for people to tap once and walk right in. Our bad weather starts Saturday night. Until then it’s just rain. I am already dreaming of my 2 week April beach vacation! Have a wonderful Friday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy snowy Saturday kids!

Curby, we must have gotten last night what you had a day earlier. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to come to TR's because they were calling for snow in both places starting about 1 pm yesterday but by 4 there still wasn't a flake anywhere so I hopped on the highway. Overnight though we got about 6 - 8 inches, super light fluffy snow. The forecast says we're done up here (70 miles north of the city) but it's predicted to keep going downtown clear until tomorrow morning.

Deegee, the cleaning crew did a pretty good job! They took care of both bathrooms and the kitchen and mopped the floor, except for one random area at the end of the breakfast bar toward the living room. In their defense it's pretty dark in there in the late afternoon so they probably just couldn't see that they missed it. They also dusted the first four rows of the bookcase, which in itself is a god send!

So today I am committed to the cow bag lady's accounting! I opened it up last night and realized I had sorted some rows/columns incorrectly last time I was in the file and it became apparent that I might as well just start over because it was going to take me longer to figure out what was wrong that to fix it.

The children are downstairs doing something on the computer, the dogs are out romping in the snow, TR is frying bacon in the kitchen, and I am here at the table drinking coffee. Domestic bliss, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I like the idea of your second house on the beach. It sounds perfect. Nice that you got a new painting to hang on the wall. Great idea to go in and learn about your BMW and get free detailing. You can't complain about that. I still have to look up things on my Porsche that I don't use all the time. Your house projects sound good. My sister has been renovating their entire house for over a year now; her son and DIL come over every Saturday and work on it. They are making progress. I hope you got to eat at that special place to celebrate your birthday.

Dee Jay, that is the best kind of snowstorm; the one that brings flurries but leaves the roads clear. I am glad the fluffy snow came after you got to TR's. Our snow did the same thing - all day was flurries that never stuck then we got some overnight. Today was the cold wind. Nice to get your place cleaned especially the bookcase. Did you get the cow bag lady's accounting done? I need to start nagging at Marty to round up his coaching info.

We had our astronomy meeting last night and someone brought up the constellation book I wrote / made when I was teaching so I decided to print it out and get a few copies made for them. That was an all day task. The document is in Microsoft Publisher so I put it on a flash drive and opened it in my work laptop. I printed it and was all happy that I only had to scan and locate the charts and info for the second part of the book to get copied. Then after looking through what printed out I noticed all the images had shifted. Bummer. I decided I may as well make up a new document in a Mac application. I had the text part in html so I used that to get started. Other than the table of contents page I have most of it done.

We went out for lunch, dropped off the extra pads we didn't use at the carpet store and had popcorn for supper. Excitement overload.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, what a bummer you had to redo the book, but it sounds like you have it well in hand. As for popcorn for dinner -- it's that normal?! Because I have been known to do it on more occasions that I care to confess!

We had a lazy snowy Saturday! I didn't even step outside the house until after the kids went back to their mother's around 6:30 and TR took me out for BBQ... and then to Walmart, JoAnn Fabrics, and Marshalls. If we aren't a couple drowning in excitement I don't know who is, LOL.

Yesterday I also made pretty significant headway on doing the books. Now I'm left with a big bag of receipts (yes... really... a giant pile of little slips of paper that I need to somehow decipher... ) and the sales info to break down. This morning I've had coffee, taken a shower, eaten toast and put a load of laundry in the washer, so I have no excuse not to get started again... TR is off at an auction and I'll likely be here alone with the dogs until he and/or the children come back this evening so get out the abacus because accounting, here I come!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the book wasn't hard to recreate; it's not exactly like it was but I had most of the info i needed to put it together. My one claim to fame, eh? I made my own constellation book and lab manual when I was teaching to save the students money. I had the campus copy shop print it, bind it and then sold it in the book store at cost. The astronomy book itself was bad enough.
Yes, I do have popcorn for supper maybe once of twice a month. I am glad to hear I am not the only one.
Your snowy day sounds about as exciting as mine. It is way better than stress and drama though.
I hope you got a lot done today on your accounting. So far today I've on gone grocery shopping. My list was small but I kept thinking - I should get this, and this.

I slept in until about 7 - or more like I kept trying to go back to sleep until 7. I made a Marcy McMuffin for breakfast then headed to the store. Marty packed for his trip to LA. He hasn't been there for about 7 weeks so he keeps running around checking things. Plus we moved everything around because of our new carpet.
A guy came by and bought our old bed today. Sweet. We tried to get him to take one of the dresser's too but he didn't have room for it after loading the bed.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-it sounds like the cleaning crew did a better job than my crew, and I leave them a list every week of what I want done! They sure don’t move anything to dust, clean or vacuum. Bummer for a bad sort. It’s usually easier to start over than to try to fix it. You and TR sound about exciting as Matt and me! I still like hanging out with Matt, even after all these years.

Marcy-that’s awesome that you put together a book for your students to save them money. College books are so ridiculous. Good idea to reuse it for your astronomy group! Matt is heading out of town this week, but just for a day trip. Are you jealous that Marty is heading to somewhere warm? I am! Glad you got rid of your old bed. My sister just got a new bed and the mattress is so high that I had to jump up to sit on it. I love the bed though. She’s my sister who lost her house in the divorce this year, and she has recently moved into a house of her own and is busy painting and furnishing it. She’s happier than I’ve seen her in many years.

We went to my niece’s basketball game yesterday, and then to moms for dinner. My birthday dinner is usually spaghetti with her homemade sauce, a meal I have loved since I was a kid. Dad always called it “Mom’s world famous spaghetti.” This year, due to a mixup at Christmas (that I don’t quite know all the details) and the fact that mom ended up with 3 extra turkeys in her freezer, my birthday dinner was turkey and dressing. It was nice, all my family peeps were there. We stayed in all day today because we have a lot of ice and it’s friggin cold. Stay warm & safe everyone!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I had today off and had big plans to get so much done, and I fell sound asleep on the couch for several hours and got nothing done. Haha! I did get a few loads of laundry finished and I got the knots out of my three good necklaces. I don’t know how I always do that to my chains! I’m going bang a few nails into the wall in my closet so I can hang them up. When Matt gets home from work, we’re going to head out to the grocery store and eat dinner. If my eye dr is still open, I need to swing by to pick up my new contacts. They’ve been in for a week and they’re a new prescription, but I never seem to get across the street from work to pick them up. A person was killed crossing the street in front of my building two weeks ago, and I haven’t worked up the courage to attempt it. The last time I drove because I have had close calls crossing the street there, but his office is literally right across the street. I feel like an idiot driving! It didn’t get above 15 today, and I haven’t stepped a foot outside yet. Brrr. Stay warm!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, your cleaning person sounds like mine. Just in moving things out of our bedroom, closet and den I found tons of things that haven't been moved to dust including baseboards everywhere. Explains why she is out of here in under 2 hours and the other ladies I had clean took 4 hours. Ugh.
It seems like the lab manual I would have used was $75 and the constellation book was $40 on top of the actual text book. I thought that was rather silly. I have about 25 pages to proof read in the constellation book then I'll get it turned in to copy.
I am so glad to hear your sister is happier than you've seen her in years. That is great.
A turkey dinner is always good. I hope you get some of your mom's famous spaghetti soon though.
A nap was a good way to spend the day off. Good thought to put nails in your closet to hang your chains and necklaces. I hate getting knots out of a chain and with my vision these days it's a major challenge for me. I've got some of those adjustable chains now and really like them. My jewelry box (that I never use anymore) had a section in the lid to hang chains but every time you closed the lid that all fell out of the hook.
I totally remember how treacherous crossing the street where you work has been over the years; yes please drive.

I stayed home today. I am within 12 hours of maximum accumulated PTO so I decided to stay in from the cold, wind, snow and ice. No way am I forfeiting any vacation time. Plus once you hit the maximum you quit accumulating until it gets below that amount. Not going to happen.

I tried to sleep in but one of employees sent me a text they were staying home today. The snowplows were running up and down the greenway by our house at 7 so I just got up.
I haven't done much today. I wrote an article for the local newspaper on Orion. I used to submit a monthly article about 20 years ago but they quit running it so I quit submitting one. It will give me something fun to do.
I am kind of dizzy and have a headache. Don't know if it's my sinuses or last week's fight with a cabinet.
I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. A friend of mine is bringing over tacos for us for supper so I'll send a bag home with her. I know her kids and husband will help her eat them.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Marcy! I hope you’re dizzy because of sinuses and not from the bang to the head. When I stayed home with the sinus thing last week, I mainly stayed home because I was dizzy. I hate that feeling. Good idea to NOT forfeit vacation time. We can accrue all year, but we can’t carry forward more than 40 vacation days into the next year. I came in right under last year with 39.75 carry forward days. Way to manage my time! My cleaners do an okay job, but they’re not going to go above and beyond. I get annoyed that they make my bed (not on my list) and don’t bother dusting my night stand (on my list). Chocolate chip cookies sound good. Now that I have a mixer for the first time, I need to make cookies!

The eye dr was closed yesterday, so I left work on time at the end of the day today to drive across the street to get my new contacts. I have a few things to take to the jeweler across the street, but I forgot to bring them with me today. I broke my favorite antique emerald ring last summer. It’s old and I dropped it on ceramic tile, one step away from carpet. The center emerald setting broke out of it, but it is intact. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. I have a ring that needs sized. I’ll never make it back across the street! Everybody knows how klutzy I am and I’ve been forbidden from crossing the street by several people, including my mom, my eye dr, and Matt. Have a great day tomorrow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results