carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I'm glad to hear you like the SK book and I'll definitely look for it on audible. I've having a frustrating run lately with audio books and it's taking me listening to the first bits of several before I get to one I really want to stick with. I wish I could find a series that I really like and go with that for a while so I don't have to spend so much time seeking them out! The Brooks do run weird for sure! I'm a US 5.5 and I could see being a 6 in tennis shoes especially with thicker sockies, but I have to go to 6.5. And now apparently 6.5 WIDE (?!?). Even Liam, who is always a 10.5, had to go to 11 when he got some a few weeks ago. Speaking of shoes, I ordered some Vionics for work. I need arch support and I just love this brand for house slippers and flip flops but had never gotten their shoes before. Well I took a chance and I like one of the pairs a lot so those will be my go-to work black flats, and the other pair I ordered I love love love! They have a little wedge on them and I originally got them in black for work but I immediately ordered another pair in black to wear with jeans and stuff and also a pair in tan with a white sole that look kind of sporty and fun. When I find a pair of shoes I like that actually fits my short wide duck feet it's like winning the lottery!!! I hope that lady doesn't come in and mess up your work gig. And I hear you on liking to spend money; I swear, if I didn't buy so much stuff I could "retire" tomorrow, ha ha.

Well yesterday was crazy! A lady in California who has ordered several things from me bought almost all of the pink Miss America stuff! Eight-seven pieces total. After I took pictures last week I did wrap everything in bubble wrap and paper (thank god!) and that saved me a TON of time yesterday... but it still took me about six hours when all was said and done to get it all packed. And then Liam and I went to Fed Ex... only to find out they close at 8 instead of 9. So we came home and had to unload everything from his truck to my Audi so I can take it this morning because he's going to be long gone at an auction by the time Fed Ex opens. Ugh. I was soooo exhausted after standing on the basement floor (carpeted, but carpet over concrete) for all those hours constructing boxes within boxes and packing everything just so. But it was worth it because these are just AMAZING and I think she's really going to love them!

Today I am (obviously!) going to Fed Ex first thing. Instead of the location I usually go to, which is a Fed Ex Kinkos, I'm going to the actual Fed Ex that Storm told me about when I first started doing this because I have six 18 x 12 x 12 boxes and one 12 x 12 x 12 and I would just feel better going to the "real" Fed Ex for some reason. Maybe because I had Liam drop off four boxes for me on Tuesday for things that had sold over the long weekend and as of now only one is showing up in USPS tracking and the other three are still listed as "pre-transit." I do realize that USPS and Fed Ex are not the same thing but I will just feel better if I can hand these boxes to someone in an actual Fed Ex uniform!

After that there's an estate sale I'll run by and then the picture taking begins!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is great a bunch of your pink Miss America stuff sold. Even better you already had it wrapped up but it sounds like it took you quite a while to pack everything. Darn that FedEx Kinkos was closed when you got there; they are handy to ship from them rather than going to the FedEx office. Our Office Depot can ship FedEx and USPS - they used to ship UPS but don't know if they do any more. In our little town if there are more than 3 people in line I think it's horrid. I've noticed UPS doesn't update their online tracking too well anymore. I'll have things show up that are still listed as picked up and nothing more.

Did you get any goodies at today's estate sale?

That's great the Vionics shoes fit so well and are comfortable for you. Yes, good shoes are worth having multiple pairs.

I like to read series too. Marty has a series already in our Kindle library I am going to start next. What kind of books do you like? I tend to like mysteries, spy novels, crime / drama. I used to read a lot of sci fi but not so much anymore.

We had eye appointments this morning. Marty is having computer lenses put in his current glasses and then picked a new frame for his everyday glasses. He had a really cool pair of camo Oakley sunglasses that were really curved around to the side but his astigmatism is too high for that curve. That saved on his bill. I picked a new pair of glasses for everyday then will have them put computer glasses in my current glasses and replace the lenses in my sunglasses. I realized later since I am SERIOUSLY considering quitting my job why do I need 2 pairs of computer glasses? The ones I have will work fine. The glasses they will put the computer lenses in have been really floppy with the arms so they tightened them today and they are so tight they won't fold in anymore to put in a case; right now I think they'd break off on the one side if I forced them. Good thing I have an older pair that works okay for me.

After the eye exam I had a hair appointment for a cut and trim. When I got home we ran up to the "summit" to see if any of the aspen were turning yet for fall. A few were but not many. Marty took some dirt road to see about a hiking trail; I figured his shoulder would complain about that bumpy ride but he said it was fine. It's still smoky here and there are so many dead trees up there now from beetle kill I didn't like any of my pictures. After we got back to town we ate at a Mexican restaurant then wandered around Bed, Bath and Beyond and Micheal's.

I am working on laundry now and plan on starting that new series tonight. It's thundering right now so we will see if it's all talk and no action. We need rain.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I am definitely a mystery/thriller/suspense reader! There's nothing I love more than a good mind fvck at the end! :lol: It sounds like Marty is healing really well. Good for him -- it now takes me about six months to even recover from a hangnail. I did get some things yesterday... way more than I'd set out for as a matter of fact. I went to one sale to get some specific crystal glasses and the lady there told me their other sale about five minutes away had a lot of glass. Since it was so close I figured why not... well... two hours and three giant boxes of glass later... !!!

I only got two listings up yesterday, one of which sold within literally five minutes of me posting it! It is a really pretty yellow glass etched vase that came with a little metal stand. I did wash a ton of stuff in the hopes of getting it listed today. That would unfortunately require me to get out of bed here where I'm happily drinking coffee and cruising PS, LOL.

Alright... up and at 'em!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Yesterday was pretty productive! I did a bunch of laundry, "supervised" a little bit of house cleaning (well... OK... Liam and the youngest feral were hard at it when I finally got out of bed, but I watched a bit... and gave some advice... :cheeky:), took a slew of pictures and put up nine listings (although I have three more that I didn't have the gumption to post as it was getting pretty late), and got stuff ready for this morning so I wouldn't have to wander around at the a$$ crack of dawn trying to remember what I needed to take.

I didn't get to bed until after 11 and when the alarm went off at 5 I was definitely not ready for it. Ugh. The drive in was OK... until it wasn't. There was a car with a flat tire right at a point where traffic enters the city proper and it slows anyway, so it was stop and go for miles. I thought it was going to be about an hour and fifteen minutes when I left Liam's based on GPS but it ended up taking about and hour and forty. Yuck.

Today I am All Annual Review All The Time!!!

OK, here I go!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Reporting in from Annual Review Central! I was here until about 9 pm last night, and I would have stayed longer but one of the lightbulbs in the ceiling of my office burned out and I thought using my phone flashlight to see might be just a bridge to far. :lol:

I'm happy to report of last Tuesday's four packages two are delivered, one is out for delivery... and the other STILL doesn't show up in the damn system at all. I can't even do anything about it since Liam took it to the Pack 'n' Ship instead of the post office so there's no receipt. I do really believe it will indeed appear, but this just makes me soooo anxious. Ugh.

Today I am being super productive again, but I'm sure I'll be here far into the night once more. That's alright though because once this thing is DONE I get my life back. Well... in a relative sense... More accurately, at least I get to go back to just doing my regular job!

Alrighty -- off to the salt mines!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

What? I am 3 posts behind? Slacker!

Dee Jay, sounds like we like the same type of books. See if I retire I could read more, too! Nice that you score some more glass this weekend and how wonderful a new posting sold so quickly. You are rocking your Etsy shop! I'll go check it out next.

Good deal to supervise house cleaning; it's so much easier than "doing" house cleaning. Our cleaning lady came today - yay now I don't have to clean myself.

Oh no to running in to stop and go traffic on the way to the city. My tiny bladder would have been screaming Ha Ha.

Did you get the annual review almost done? Getting your life back is a good carrot!

Good deal 3 of the 4 packages are accounted for; that is strange the pack and ship wouldn't have the tracking info - maybe call and ask if they can track it at all.

Busy day at work. The lady they want as my backup was there today. I gave her about 60 pages of reports to go through and she found every single discrepancy so that is very promising. Time will tell but she did say she hates to be bored so if we are slow would I be able to find her a project to do. Based on what she told me she already has an internal transfer in and approved so for all I know the senior manager says it is a done deal. I love how "it's your team, do what you want" but then they never tell me what's going on.

Marty went to put his renewal stickers on his license plate today and his front plate is gone. It was some snap on holder so he went to Ford to see if it could have fallen off; they tried to get one off another F150 and apparently no way could it fall off by itself. Ironically one of my employees said her son had his front license plate stolen recently and he has a F150. I know it is the most frequently stolen vehicle in Colorado so maybe then come up here looking for plates to put on those "hot" vehicles.

Laters,
Curby

P.S. too much traffic to run wild and free this week. Phooey.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, that's crazy about Marty's license plate. I bet it was stolen! LOL on management telling you to do what you want... and they they do what THEY want. The annual review is about 85% done. I was here until after nine again last night, and then I had to get up at 6:15 for a 6:30 call with some guy in the UK. Ugh. Not much else to report, just working, working working!

P.S. - That fourth package is still completely MIA.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Marty has a case number and has to go pick up new plates. At least he won’t be blamed if his plate shows up on some get away car. It’s crazy someone would steal it. Some people.

Yay for being 85% done with the annual review. Boo for working till 9. Marty has that same problem with early calls overseas. Such fun.

Darn that box 4 is still missing. Did you call that pack and ship store?

I had to drive in to work going under the speed limit he entire way. I might have broke 60 once. Slow people. The new iPhone comes in a pretty pale blue. I may have to look in to that. I also want to go do something with my ruby. Does that mean I have to keep working?

September 15? Where did the year go?

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I hear you on it being mid-September already... WTF?! These slow drivers are just kill joys, aren't they? There should be a law! Oh... wait... there is a law... but it's going in the wrong direction for you and me, ha ha. This whole thing where we have to keep working to keep getting paid is BS, isn't it?! But my boss popped into my office yesterday and even though my review isn't until next week he already had my numbers and I got an 8.7% raise in my base and and 11.1% raise in my bonus so I am pretty darn happy about that!

Yesterday after my 6:30 am call I cleaned up the condo so I would be ready to just go once I got back there in the afternoon and then I headed to work early. Somehow I got everything (well, almost everything) done and was only a little later than I wanted to be heading out. I had four orders to pack when I got here... and for the life of me I can't find one of them. I also can't find the other two sets of four glasses I listed at the same time, so along with the four that are MIA, there are a dozen glasses that have disappeared. I highly suspect they are all in one box. And for some reason I'm thinking it's one of the boxes with divider compartments (so different than another kind of box I'm using now that I've revised my process). But I just can't lay my hands on it... ??? The fourth shipment from last Tuesday also still hasn't shown up on tracking and the Pack 'n' Ship can't do anything because all they do is receive things as a middle man and then it gets picked up by the post office. Of course the post office won't do anything because it went to a Pack 'n' Ship and therefore I don't have a post office receipt. Fortunately the lady is being patient, but that won't go on forever. Ugh.

Alright, I've got a zoom staring in an hour and a half with one of the people from finance to go over a big chunk of the annual review so I better get rolling!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, LOL to slow drivers being joy kills - they do ruin our fun. Sadly those laws are not on our side. I often thank a slow driver for keeping me from getting a ticket. Congratulation on the raise and bonus increase - that is awesome and well deserved. Yes it is BS we have to work to get paid. I keep trying to win the lottery but so far it's a total loss.

I was sure hoping that pack n ship place had a tracking number for you; hopefully that package shows up SOON. Good luck finding that missing box of glasses you are looking for, that would be my luck and I'd find it in the last box I checked. Any estate sales tomorrow or this weekend?

Are you closer to finishing the annual review?

My trainee took off work early today so I was finally able to get my work done by noon. She brought me gifts including a teddy bear. Overall I think she'll be good at our job but I know she was on her total best behavior with me. I still have no idea when or if she'd start working on my team. I am sure having short term disease thinking you know I'd like to quit tomorrow. How long will I wait on this decision?

A friend and I went out for lunch today and tried a new Mexican restaurant; it was pretty good. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I think I drove through a dust devil. I could see a bunch of swirling dust like you see when an area has been freshly plowed; I got blasted by rain and it was blowing so hard it was moving my car. Then I was out of it. Really strange,.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, is a dust devil like a little mini tornado? Whatever it is, I don't thing we have them here (or maybe we do and I'm just fortunate never to have encountered one!). It does sound like your new lady was on her best behavior... but that never lasts long, does it?! I did find the glasses, thank god. I was ready to send the buyer an email and tell her what a numbnut I am, but then I saw the label on the box! It was at the bottom of a stack and not in the same box as the other sets, so I just completely brain farted on this thing. Of well, the good news is I did find them! No estate sales were very interesting to me this weekend (which is probably a good thing!) but tomorrow I have to make a decision about either going to the local auction or a big flea market that I bought a boatload of glass at earlier this summer. Liam can get me stuff at the local auction, but I have to know what's there first to be able to tell him to bid. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I can swing by there super early and look and then go to the other one, but it's about an hour away so this would all have to unfold verrrry early to get it all to work. Why, oh why, does everything in this world have to start so damn EARLY?!

I spent a ton of time on zoom with the main finance person yesterday that helps me with that part of the annual review. We had two zooms that were well over two hours each, but finally got through it. Now I need to do three other sets of testing (which happen all on my own) and write it up. I've also got a big order to ship to California so I will probably pack that up first just to get it out of the way. The lost box FINALLY showed up yesterday. The first place it was scanned was in Alabama, which is the the final destination. It wasn't scanned at one other single place along the way. ???

OK, off to get this show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes a dust devil is like a mini tornado; I don't know what I drove in to but it was strange. It could have been a down burst or something.

Yes, the new lady was definitely on her best behavior. I think her skill sets are suitable for our job. My manager and the general manager didn't even ask me on Friday how I thought she did with the mini training session. I'm betting she is on my team full time in a few weeks.

That's great you found the glasses. I'm envisioning your stack of boxes like a mini Lowe's warehouse. LOL. Woo hoo that the missing box finally got delivered.

Did you venture out and find some great glasses? I am with you on why do things have to start so darned early. I did sleep in 45 minutes later than normal today. I was also blessed with sleeping straight through to 4:30 before I had to venture to the little PS room. What a treat!!

Sounds like you are making lots of progress on the annual review. Sweet.

I've been binge watching season 1 of 24 today. We went out to breakfast then Marty met a client at the gym. I ventured to Sam's Club to horde some more paper products and pick up some produce and meat. Holy smokes have prices gone up on beef and chicken! After I brought the groceries home I ventured back out to get my car washed and top off the gas tank. I had another incident at the same car wash where I dropped my debit card trying to pay. I used the outer lane to pay this time and pulled up far away from the little touch screen then just opened my door and leaned out the window to pay. This time the stupid card reader wouldn't read my debit card. Finally a guy comes out to help me. Then the same guy was guiding me on the tracks for the car wash and since I had on my sunglasses I couldn't see my dash very well and kept putting my car in reverse instead of neutral. I swear they are going to hang a picture up of me and my car with "if this crazy lady pulls up you may as well go out and help her". Marty ALWAYS drives my car through the car wash but he can't do it right now with his wounded wing. He did drive my Porsche twice today though.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty = 126

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from life in the "fast" lane. Ha Ha Ha.

I can't believe September is almost gone already. Time flies! I need to figure out a topic for the October article for the local paper; I should have done that last week. Oops.

We had a busy day Sunday. My sister and nephew came up from Denver and spent most of the day. My other sister and BIL stopped by while they were here. We had my nephew go pick up dinner at Olive Garden for us and had peach pie for dessert.

My new employee apparently is in our department full time so I've been training her this week. She is doing pretty well; I am hopeful. Marty only has 2 clients on Tuesday night and they cancelled since they both had a stomach bug so we went out for supper. There is a steak house about 10 miles north of town so we cruised up there for dinner. The food was good but the service was amazing; I felt like we were in a nice restaurant in Denver. We did polish off a bottle of wine too.

We are having some fall like temperatures. Monday night we got in the low 30's; I was freezing that night so I cranked on the heater before going to bed last night. I slept way better - or maybe it was the wine.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm so jealous of your speed! Invariably out here some smarta$$ will move into my lane for no good reason just as I'm cutting loose. We're pretty cool too at the moment, but I'm happy for it! Today I think we're only going to the high 60s. Sweater weather!

Just back from three days in Orlando. My dad and his wife are as crazy as ever. Maybe more so... Two nights in a row dad and Liam stayed up late sharing conspiracy theories. Talk about two peas in a pod. I refuse to listen to this sh!t and my dad's wife at one point started laughing and said she's glad he has someone else to talk to about these ideas because she's had enough. Did I already say "crazy"? Crazy!

We went to the pool every day, ate at some truly mediocre restaurants, wandered around an even more mediocre flea market, and got lost in the airport mess trying to return the rental car. Pretty standard stuff, LOL.

I had an order to pack from earlier this week when I got home and another set of glasses a lady confirmed she wanted while I was driving home from the airport. Liam had over twenty things to pack! The foyer looks like a USPS depot right now. I have no idea how I'm going to get it all into the car! I also sold something else overnight that I want to box up so when I get motivated to go to the post office I'll be ready.

I'm down to the very nitty gritty on the annual review so my plan is to work on that full force today and tomorrow and that way I can hand it to my boss first thing Monday. Fingers crossed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, welcome back from Florida. Oh the fun of spending time with families. Marty's family likes to spend 2 weeks together - I'd rather poke my eyes out than hang out in the same house with all of them for 2 weeks. I can't stand my family for more than a few hours let alone his for 2 weeks. Darn that the food and activities were standard mediocre stuff. Typical.

We can find open roads around here pretty easily - sadly the sheriff's department likes to watch for those who have the need for speed. I spotted one on the way to work this morning but once I got near the office I was able to hit 128. It made my morning.

You and Liam have a lot of things to ship. I thought of you when I saw the commercial of stamps.com - it sounds like you can print labels and have packages picked up plus it is cheaper? Not sure all the details but maybe worth checking out.

I'm crossing my fingers you can hand in the finished review on Monday!

I had a BLT for supper; that was quite tasty. Every time we get some big beefsteak tomatoes I immediately think ooh BLT's. A lady from corporate is coming to visit tomorrow so I'll have an excuse to take a long lunch. Ha!

Marty got his new glasses today so hopefully my new ones aren't far behind. I really need better distance vision. I have been wearing my computer glasses at work all day and I think that makes the distance vision worse.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, if I had to spend two weeks with ANYONE'S family, especially my own, I'd commit hari kari with a butter knife if need be! I get my shipping through Etsy and it's about 25% cheaper than if I just went to the post office and paid there. Plus if I use Etsy's system the tracking number and everything is entered automatically so that's a bonus. All that being said, it doesn't make the actual shipment progress go any faster, LOL. Just this morning I had to file an "inquiry" to try to see where a box going to Washington, D.C., might be sitting. Argh.

So I've been Wide Awake since about 2:30. At 4:30 I finally got up. Thus far today I've emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, packed up an order that came in overnight, started a load of laundry, renewed my notary commission, requested a replacement card from American Express (don't ask... ), and done some general cleaning up. Oy. I'm sure this will all hit me mid day then of course I'll want to take a nap! I'm going to resist though... but then I'll want to go to bed at 8 o'clock... which means I'll be up again at 4... Lather, rinse repeat!

Today I am going to work like mad on the last two sets of testing I need to do for the annual review. This thing is going to my boss on Monday come hell or high water!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I failed in the challenge on Friday... I took Billy Ray to the post office and then decided to go for a quick run. Unfortunately I waited too late in the day and Friday afternoon traffic was a bit heavy on the highway. 98. Fail!

Yesterday Liam and I went to an auction about an hour away. I bought some stuff, but so much of it was damaged, and I paid $10 a flat for fifteen flats. Ugh. BUT... in the very beginning I got five flats of pink glass for $2.50 TOTAL! And then as the ring masters were moving down the hay rack one of them took another flat of pink that had been separate from the others and slid in over to my pile and said, this one is part of what you bought too honey, and he winked at me. Earlier that morning everyone was milling around and racks an I'd already seen what I wanted so I wandered over by the porta potty (of course!). When I came out there were two old guys struggling to fold up these giant tarps that had been used overnight to cover the hay racks. (Old with a Capital O BTW -- I wouldn't be surprised if they were close to 90!) I helped them fold up the tarps and chatted with them for a while. It didn't occur to me at the time that they were part of the auction, but it wouldn't have mattered because I would have helped two old guys fold up big tarps no matter who they were. Well it looks like my good deed paid off! And they were super sweet! Liam said at one point he came looking for me and when he saw the guys talking to me they were just beaming. Even the old folks get to flirt a little now and then!

After that we stopped at a rummage sale on the way out of town and I got another dozen glasses and three vintage tea tins that will make super cute photo props.

The evening's excitement involved doing my nails. Today I need to ship two orders and then finish up some testing for the annual review. As you can see, the excitement here in the midwest is just Out Of Control!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally get you on 2 weeks with the family.

That's great you get a discount on shipping through Etsy. Ugh to have occasional tracking issues.

What an early start to the day on Friday - but you did get a lot done in those wee hours of the morning. Marty wakes up about then too frequently as well. I hope you got a nap in that day.

98 isn't bad in heavy traffic. I did tell Marty my new challenge and you know he will beat it.

That was so nice of you to help those guys fold up the tarps. I am sure they enjoyed your help and that made their day. Sounds like you got some decent glassware at the auction. Darn a lot of it was damaged. The vintage tea tins will be great props for your pictures. You do a very nice job on them.

Your excitement--o-meter is about as active as mine.

My SIL showedd up Friday night and went home yesterday. She is retiring this week. She brought about 8 boxes to leave in our basement. She will be back next weekend for a few days then head to Arizona. We went out for supper then went shopping. Yesterday I wrote my October article for the local paper and emailed it this morning. Now I've been binge watching more of the TV series 24.

We had grilled steak, corn on the cob and baby tomatoes from my sister's garden for lunch.

I should paint my nails too.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids1

Curby, I think all my MIA packages have finally made it where they need to go! The wee hours of the morning are turning out to be a regular thing... This morning I got up to pee around 2:45 and when my alarm went off at 5:05 I was still awake. Ack! I did make an "important business decision" (ha!) in that period. My original plan for offering gift wrapping this season was too complex (I decided around 4 am!) so I just ordered a GIANT roll of gold embossed paper (850 square feet!) and I'm going to use silver bows and cute tags that I'll write on with gold ink. Having made those decisions -- and placed the orders! -- I'm sure I won't get anyone that actually WANTS gift wrapping and I'll be stuck with this stuff until Christmas 2099!

Today is Liam's birthday but I'm not sure if he's coming downtown or not. I've still got a TON of stuff to do for the annual review so I'm fine if he doesn't!

And speaking of the annual review I better get back at it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! I forgot to say! In addition to being awake half the night now, when I do sleep I dream of food! Last night it was going down a long escalator to a mall food court and anticipating what I was going to order when it was my turn. This no carb thing is apparently making me crazy!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

I think there is something seriously wrong with my body clock! I screwed around yesterday for the early part, know I HAD to do a bunch of work, and then after lunch I CRANKED! At 10:30 Liam called and said, OK, you NEED to go home now! I was, as usual, awake from 2 to 4. Around 3:30 I thought, well, maybe I should just go in and keep doing that thing was half-way through when I left last night. But common sense prevailed! And then I fell back asleep until 8.

Today I've got a good handle on something that has been eluding me for a while now and I ran a bunch of reports last night that (I think... HOPE!) will provide total clarity.

Annual Report Completion = Compliance Enlightenment :lol:

Off to find (more) coffee and yell at someone. Later gators!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi everyone

Hi Deegee, how are you doing? Yes, American Assassin is the first book chronologically - then Kill Shot. I downloaded the newest Mitch Rapp book but haven't started it yet.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yay for all of your MIA packages getting delivered.

Darn you are making a habit of early hours. That's sweet Liam called and said you should go home - glad you did get some sleep. I have the same problem of needing to visit the little PS room then can't fall back asleep. I manage to fall back asleep but I am awake for a several hours. What the heck is up with this crap?

Your gift wrap selection sounds great - are you going to wrap a box and post a picture of it on your sight? I like to put jingle bells in Christmas packages for fun; you'd have to wrap them well so they don't move around and damage anything.

Happy Birthday to Liam!

LOL to dreaming of food. I definitely have been craving popcorn so will have to work that in some weekend soon. I believe I've lost a few more pounds.

So the Annual Report is done? Did you get to yell at someone? I was thinking of doing that myself today.

Fall weather is arriving tomorrow - darn. It's been warm recently. I am busy at work between doing my stuff and training. I think the new lady is doing well. Now if our IT department can get her access to everything it would be great.

Speaking of sleep I am yawning and it's only 7:45.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kid!

Curby, the annual report was put into my boss's hands on Thursday nigh! Of course there's still a little work to be done, but that is a MAJOR step! Now back to finishing up the annual training for the people who got shoved aside in July so I could work on this LOL. I think I made a mistake with the Christmas paper size... I got the 24" wide role but one of the standard box sizes I use is 12" square so 24" will have to be super exact to meet when I fold it. Does that make sense? I wonder if it's too late to cancel that and get the 30" version. UGH. I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Friday I went to some estate sales and came home with a few boxes of stuff. Yesterday Liam and another neighbor dad took all the boys to Great America, which is a giant amusement park, and I went to the local auction. It was a clusterfvck. I stayed alllllll day and got not too much stuff. Two of the things I did get we crazy cheap (sets of glasses for $2 each) and the thing I got at the end was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but still fine ($10). I also bought a couple of photo props, including one really gorgeous mirror that I was going to use as a tray but Liam took one look at it and said you need to see what that is... and it's an expensive vintage mirror from Italy. There's one listed on Etsy now for $249 so maybe I should list it instead of using it for pictures?! I also got three of the five things Liam asked me to bid on... but the whole process took All. Damn. Day. Today there is another auction about 30 minutes from here. I'm tempted to tell Liam to scout it out for me and let me know if I need to come because otherwise I HAVE to list stuff like a mad woman or I'm not going to have it up for Christmas. I also think I need to take over the living room for a few days and spread stuff out so I can see what I've got because right now I don't even know what's in these boxes. I really need a better system... like maybe even just write on the boxes as I bring them into the house, ha ha!

OK, off to get today's adventure under way!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yay for handing the annual report over to your boss. Woo hoo! Good luck finishing the annual training now.

Were you able to cancel the wrapping paper and get a different size? Did you lay everything out in the living room? Good idea to start labeling things when you get them. Such a deal to end up with a mirror selling for $250. Sounds like a great prop though. I checked out your site last night; lots of cool stuff there. Sorry the estate sale was such a cluster though. I need to get pictures for you of my glasses. If only I had a camera - ha ha. It's nice you and Liam can scout out auctions for each other.

We had a busy weekend. Some of Marty's clients competed in a competition this weekend - they all placed and got medals. His 79 year old won her division hands down - she was the only one in that age bracket and I guess the crowd really cheered her on. That is awesome. It was in a city about an hour away but I didn't go watch since Marty wasn't competing.

My SIL is here for the week. She officially retired the end of September. She is heading to Arizona next weekend. We went up to the mountains yesterday to see the autumn leaves then stopped and ate when we got back to town. I thought of going back to day because Marty wanted large vistas to photograph rather than close ups of trees but I was too busy today and my right knee is talking to me more than normal. I went grocery shopping this morning, got fuel - noticed a massive spike in how much BOTH of them cost. Grr. Then lifted when I got home, did laundry and made myself a homemade pizza for lunch - I have 5 lunches left now too. I continued binge watching season 2 of 24 and decided about 4 pm popcorn sounded good. I made cookies yesterday for the lifting crew today so I had one of those today as well.

Take care.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results