carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday night kids!

Curby, maybe challenge not accomplished today, but at least you drove yours! Mine sits in the garage and calls my name, feeling neglected! WTF about the window guy. At least now you have a name though and I have no doubt you'll be in contact with him if he doesn't reach out to you. Seriously, stuff like this makes me crazy. How's Marty doing?

Today was a picturing taking day! I got six more listings up, so I feel like I'm making sommmmme progress. I also made the executive decision to donat 18 glasses to the Salvation Army because once I got them washed up and started looking closely I decided the quality wasn't what I'd hoped. The good news is Liam bought the whole flat for $2.50 last weekend so it's not like we're going to be hunting squirrels for food, LOL. There aren't any estate sales this weekend I'm dying to go to so I'm not getting up at the a$$ crack of dawn tomorrow. I will probably run by one of them though because it's literally on the way to the highway and I'm going to the gem show tomorrow afternoon and taking Darth Vader to see if by some miracle I can find a setting. If not, I have a plan in mind -- two plans actually -- that will be custom (of course!). One involves a bezel setting with traps and bullets, and the other is a cool halo design that I save over and over again thinking some day I will find the right stone to put it in. I'm not really looking for anything else... but when I say that I always come home with stuff, so who knows!

I made the mistake of taking a nap after dinner because I was sooooo tired. And now it's after eleven and I am absolutely wide awake. Poor planning on my part!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Dee Jay, Challenge failure. I was so hopeful too. I had open roads all the way until I got to the county road where I can goooooooo. Some jerk turned out on the road at the bottom of the hill. I was doing 82 when I quickly caught up to him. Maybe another day. I am sure you’ll answer Billy Ray’s call and take him out for a drive soon. I do like coming to work everyday so I can drive my car.

The window guy is nuts. One phone call would have let us know it was in the works and we wouldn’t have been unhappy.

Marty is doing well and I found out last night he was tried some bar already without weights luckily to see if he can use it when he gets permission. It rests right on his incisions. I told him he was being a bad patient. He will be good at doing his PT though. I met him at Perkins last night after he was done at the gym. He ate breakfast and we split a piece of cherry pie. it was pouring rain when we were headed home too.

I did check out your site. Some great new stuff there. Ooh have fun at the gem show!!!! I hope you find the perfect setting or idea anyway for Darth Vader. I was just wondering about that the other night.

I am at work but not very motivated to do work. I am glad it’s Friday.

laters
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure Ilya can tweak those prongs for you on Darth Vadar. It is such a beautiful ring and spinel. Sweet. Your new earrings are great! What else exciting did you see at the gem show?

I've been goofing off with my camera most of the day and finally got some jewelry pictures. Woo hoo. My EC diamond is very photogenic. I'll get better at it.

We ate out for both breakfast and lunch today. Yay no dishes. I am almost done with laundry. Such excitement at the Curby estate.

Marty ordered a new lens today - I'll be jealous he has a larger zoom lens now. He also ordered me a tripod. I won't use it frequently but it will come in handy at times. I need to go order a step up and step down adapter for my close up filters - those are the secret to jewelry photos.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Finally.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, your rings look GREAT in those new pics, and your EC is most definitely photogenic! The gem show was very very small... only about 70 vendors based on the quick count from the list I did, and many of those have things I'm not interested in like beads. There is another show coming up in December back at the original convention center location so I'm hoping there will be a lot more vendors since that's a bigger space.

I'm really struggling with Darth... I even, in a moment of insomniac madness, found a yellow diamond with almost the exact dimensions of Darth that I could put in that setting... Uh?! What EXACTLY am I accomplishing by going down that path... ?! Fortunately by the light of the coming dawn I reigned in the ol' American Express card and didn't do anything stupid (yet!). I just so damn mad at myself for having it set there -- what was I thinking? And I'm sure a "normal" person would be totally fine with it... but of course nothing about Dee is "normal"! Anyway, I think I'll reach out to Ilya and see. I think worst case I can sell the setting at the next gem show (there are places that buy stuff like that) and recoup at least some of my $$$. I also still have the original setting from Uni that I'll never use because it's rose gold, so I should see about that too. Ugh. I just don't even want to think about all that right now!

Yesterday was a sh!t show. I got up early to go and get a set of dishes from an estate sale. My plan from that point was to come hope and list. And then Liam called from the local auction and said "You have to get over here!" There was some really beautiful stemware, but also a set of pretty rare dishes. They are pink glass and in pristine condition with some even having the original stickers on them. They're from the original line made in the 1930s, not the reproduction line made in the 1970s, and they are just GORGEOUS. Of course those and the stemware I wanted were in the last frickin' row so I had to spend 9 hours sweltering in the heat and humidity to get them. I did buy some other things along the way, which broke up the monotony a bit, but it was a long a$$ miserable day. And packing it all up safely too For.Ev.Er. This auction ranks second most miserable only to the one where I stood outside in the sun for an entire day. The worst part was since I hadn't intended to go to the auction I just threw on a tank top with a hoodie over it that morning to go pick up the dishes so I had on two layers of clothes, one of which was long sleeved. The tank top was like a stretchy shell thing so I didn't want to take off the hoodie because I felt it was too immodest, and the hoodie was too low cut in the front to take off the tank. It was sweltering! Anyway, enough b!tching! I made it through and got some gorgeous stuff in the process.

Today Liam is taking the ferals and a bunch of their friends to an arcade place for the younger one's birthday party. Not until this afternoon some time, but I'm hoping to take over the kitchen and get bunch of photos taken. But first I need to unload the car from yesterday because it was raining when I got home and after everything else I'd been through there was no way I wanted to make eight trips in from the car with heavy boxes of glass!

OK, off to get this operation under way!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, are you unhappy with the prongs, Darth Vadar or the ring - or a combo of all or some of the above? I hate to hear you are regretting your purchase. You may be able to sell your settings on Loup Troop or whatever that is called. I can't tell you how many times my impulse purchases turned out to be a waste of money. That is why now 90% of my sapphires and jewelry comes from a much poohed on jewelry store by PSers - but I can upgrade any loose gem or diamond for a dollar more and trade in jewelry for anything that is double the price. I have used their upgrades many times. It's a great way to get full credit for something I don't wear and give me a nice down payment on something new. As a matter of fact a ring I bought last year isn't one of my favorites and I was thinking of looking for some inside out diamond hoops to trade for - I really like yours!

I've only been to 2 big gem shows - Denver and Tuscon. They did have a lot of things I wasn't interested in; the Tuscon one was way better. They had soooooo many things I wanted that day but my mind was set on a tsavorite and I stuck to it. Think of the sapphires, other garnets and spinels I passed over that day!

How miserable to be at the auction that long while being dressed too warm. I am glad you got some great new things for your site though. How cool to find glasses from the 1930's and with stickers! Wow! I can't wait to see them. I hope you got lots of dishes washed and pictures taken today with Liam and the ferals were gone. I am either really productive when Marty is gone or incredibly LAZY.

Speaking of Lazy I did sleep in until about 7 today. I had toast and some grapefruit for breakfast which didn't make lifting easy thiis morning. I did eat plenty of protein for lunch though; i baked us a roast and baked potato. We are having ice cream shortly. I'll have a peach for supper.

I did get the September newsletter done for the club so that's a good thing; somethings it's the last day of the month or first day of the following month and I realize - crap I need to get the newsletter done and posted.

I wasted several hours trying to get Canon apps to work on my phone, iPad and laptop. Pretty lame software. I did at least get the app on my phone to mostly work and I can take pictures using it as my screen - strange the remote won't work directly with the camera.

It's very gray and smoky here today.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, warning: Dee Is Crazy post!

So the other day when I bought the earrings I narrowed it down to two pairs I liked and bought the ones I sent you the picture of. This morning I was digging around in my jewelry box and I realized I had another pair of prong set hoops that I never wore because they seemed to "obvious" when my hair was super short and I totally forgot about them. So I put them on and decided I like them now... and then I went back to the gem show and traded up for the pave hoops that were my first choice to begin with, but I got the others since I thought they were more versatile. So now I've got the round prong set and the oval pave hoops to choose from, plus a very small pair of yellow gold ones that I think may have come from some place like Zales many years ago but I like them nonetheless! Anyway, I'll text you a pic of the new ones and also the ones I found in my jewelry box.

I also picked up a couple of little bezel set labradorite eternity bands, one is more green and one is more blue, and I kind of like them stacked together although I couldn't wear them that way if it was hot. I picked up a few hair clips too because there are always a couple of vendors with stuff like that.

While I was there my phone went "Cha-Ching" and when I looked at the order I thought I was being pranked. About a month ago I bought all that blue glass at an estate sale and even though it's gotten tons of favorites and people put it in their carts not one piece had sold. Well overnight a lady in Illinois (down by Chicago) bought the vase and the order that came this afternoon was for glasses... that are going to a guy about seven miles from Liam! I messaged the buyer and told him I'd drop them off tomorrow, LOL.

OK, Liam is on his way home I need to get a bunch of glasses into boxes and down in the basement before that bull in a china shop comes in and starts messing around with dinner stuff. I wish this house had a bigger kitchen with a lotttttt more counter space!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to answer your question about Darth. I like the setting just fine (even though it's not an amazing as something DK would make, but it's really not bad at all. I also like the stone -- it kind of sneaks up on me! And in certain light it's totally amazing. If it had good prongs I think I'd be a very happy camper. So that's what I need to address. I'm kind of embarrassed to go to Ilya since I didn't buy either the stone or the setting from him... Ugh. I wish I could think of another great bench that would might be willing to fix this for me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Yes you read that right - 114 mph this morning. Sweet!!!!

Dee Jay, you have given enough business to Ilya it should be fine to ask him to fix the prongs on Darth.

I do like your diamond hoops and that is great to have a variety to choose from. I had some round ones with channel set baguettes and the oval with little round diamonds. I kind of miss them. I honestly wore studs most of the time until I got my diamond dangles from Whiteflash. I wear them most of the time.

That is great you sold the blue glasses. Even better they can be delivered in person! That works out well.

Marty is t the doctor now. I hope he gets a good report card. I am at work and cold. Shocking there, I know! It’s about lunch time and I am hungry. I have a stupid little dry split on the left side of my right index finger driving me crazy today. I know it’s a short trip. It can’t be more than 1/3 inch but I can’t seem to do anything without hitting it and starting it bleeding again. I can’t even unhook my seat belt. Classic case of a sore thumb. You don’t know how much you use it until it is sore.

Cool sunrise today. Smoke is good for one thing.
EDD3F210-C1EB-4D5B-B617-A9059C2E67C9.jpeg

#challengeacceptedCurby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, how did Marty's doctor visit go? Yowch on the thumb! I hate it when I get little cuts in places that I keep hitting over and over again. 114?! Dude! Challenge accepted!!!

Yesterday flew by. I dropped off the blue glasses, packed up some other stuff, went to the post office, suffered through the realization that one of the orders was in the wrong kind of box (which would have doubled the shipping cost), went home and reboxed... you can see how the day was just sucked dry, LOL. I did take some pictures, but I won't put them up until later this week because I want to list all of the pics of the pink glass at the same time.

This morning's drive in was pretty bad. There were three major slow downs, and for no reason I could ever figure out. Traffic is BACK. Back BIG. Ugh.

Today I need to get a regulatory filing done and I'm still waiting on one person to get me their paperwork. I am seriously torqued off at this point, but I can't MAKE someone do something, right?

Have to jet off and train some people in a few mins. Later gator!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty's appointment went well. They put him in a waist splint instead of the shoulder splint - he was thrilled to get that off his neck! It has a wrap that goes above where you elbow bends, then the arm folds in across his waist and he can velcro in his hand there. He can have limited motion now on his forearm. He has to keep doing the arm chair therapy for another week then he is his own physical therapist and has therapy to do with pulleys. I was going to say - you know that they say about a lawyer who defends himself - he has a fool for a client. I didn't think Marty would find that funny. He will be wearing the splint probably another 4 to 5 weeks. His next appointment 7 away.

So Challenge Accepted, eh? I didn't go over 65 today.

Nice to drop off the blue glasses and darn to have to go home and repack one of your packages. Good idea to post all the pink glasses at the same time.

I hate to hear traffic is back for your drive in to the city. I think traffic has picked up here - I am sure I've got nothing to complain about!

Did you get your regulatory filing done? Sadly we can't make people do something. Not for lack of trying. Ha Ha.

It is super smoky here today - we have an orange sun. I had a craving for Chick Filet nuggets but the restaurant was packed so I decided I'd go to the one in the mall - sadly they were no longer there. I thought of checking out diamond hoops at Kays and Riddles but I didn't, no need to tempt myself. I picked up a burger and brought it home.

I spent hours again on my spreadsheet and blackout patterns - the find / replace formula works in some instances and not others and I can't figure out why. Since i build all those patterns maybe I should just rename the patterns to match our schedules? That sounds way easier plus I won't have to ask for help from Mr. Grumpy.

Of to start the latest Stephen King book.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, it sounds like Marty is making good progress! I did get the regulatory filing done... but it was a real slog. At the end, right before I pushed the button, I realized one of the affiliates had put N/A for industry code. Well this is an important field because one of the things being measured is statistics BY INDUSTRY. So I had to have a chat with them about that. They were like, yeah, sure, put whatever you want in there. Uh... NO. YOU put whatever the RIGHT thing is in there! Whatever. It's done now. What book are you reading? Stephen King is one of my favorites, both in print and on audiobooks. I can't explain it, but his words just draw me right in. The way he writes about just ordinary things (as well as the NOT ordinary) is always so perfect to me. Like, some guy will be walking down the street and his shoe will be rubbing his heel and he'll see a fire hydrant and notice the paint is peeling; that sort of thing. Alright... Now I'm starting to sound CRAZY. But the point is, he is so good at "saying" the normal things that go on in your (my!) head as a part of the writing.

I stayed at the office until about 8:30 last night and really cranked out some more work. These late Tuesday nights are turning out great! Then Liam and I went back to my place and tried to file enough off the bottom of my door so that I won't end up trapped inside my condo because the humidity has created a threshold/door seal that is almost impossible to get open sometimes, LOL.

A lady who bought some beautiful glass candle holders from me sent me the nicest message last night about how she loves the way I display things on my page. It's things like that that keep me motivated when I'm moving the glasses around a millimeter at a time to get the perfect shot or deciding whether the fake roses or the faux hydrangea are better suited to the vase, LOL.

I'm having lunch today with a vendor I've really come to like. They do great work and are super practical in their approach -- a rare combo! Better see what I can get done before then so I don't feel guilty about a long drawn out lunch away from my desk.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, and that's why statistics are only as good as the data that is put in a report / study. Some people! Glad you got that filing done.

I really enjoy Stephen King's writing too. I downloaded Billy Summers - it is about a hit man that wants to retire. I didn't start it yet because Marty came home from the gym right when I started. We watched some recorded Jeopardy shows to see how smart we aren't. I really like Michael Crichton, Micheal Connelly and Tom Clancy books too. I have read all the Reacher books but when you follow one of those up with someone like Stephen King you know they are lightweights as authors.

Did you get your condo door fixed so it doesn't stick? Our door downstairs to our patio got to the point it hardly opened; Marty tried to fix it but didn't get too far; one of my nephews does that kind of thing for a living - he is the repairman, builder, twicker for Hu Hut restaurants so he brought tools and shaved it down enough that it works again. I am sure the ground has just settled since we moved in here. Such fun!

How nice to get such a lovely note from the lady who bought candle holders. She is right - you really do a nice job staging your photos. You should be proud of your site.

I hope you had a lovely lunch with that vendor.

My day was interesting. We were greeted at work with several baseball game changes due to weather so my first few hours were hectic and my employees are not up to expectations in crunch situations so I got stressed. That shot my BP right up which was a bad day for that since I had my doctor's appointment. The receptionist took my vitals and I talked to the doctor on the computer. Strange. My BP was bad. I did lose 7 pounds in less than a month so that was good. I am going to try Tylenol and Ibuprofen for a month in place of an anti inflammatory and see how that works. Sadly what he wants me to take are the massive sized pills; don't know if that's better or not. Then he pulled up my blood work results. I was rather nervous about that - kidneys, liver was good. No trace of diabetics. Thyroid works fine - BUT my brain thinks it overworks and I don't know what that means but he'll keep an eye on it. I did tell him about the fight I lost with a cupboard that I hit so hard Marty heard it squish - just in case. I am anemic so he wants to see blood results on that again - I guess some of my red blood cells are small and some are large and he mentioned some disease called MDS on that. I guess that explains why I bruise like a peach. My cholesterol was slightly elevated but not enough to worry about. I guess for an old fat lady I'm doing good. He didn't even crack a smile when he said my liver was fine I interrupted him and said wow I know my check liver light came on several times in college. As long as I crack myself up, right?

After I left the doctor I came home and checked my BP here because I've had good numbers at home so I was worried our cuff didn't work worth a darn - but it was a few points within their reading. Darn. I picked up a sandwich and went back to work. After work I stopped at a fresh peach stand and got a few more peaches. Then went to Walgreens and caught the wrath of some Karen who didn't like where I parked. Then a lady in the long line at the pharmacy went all Karen on the gir at the counterl. Cranky people out there. I picked up some Arby's for supper then realized they gave me the wrong Tylenol at Walgreens so ran back to exchange it. Marty got honked at and flipped off going in to a roundabout because he didn't put his blinker on - um his left arm doesn't move that direction.

Woo hoo - I just checked my BP and it's not high anymore.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I'm glad it sounds like you're gonna live based on your doctor's visit! :cheeky: My BP is always textbook perfect. If only the scale were so kind! LOL to the multiple Karens; I've had quite a few in my life lately too. My door is 85% fixed. I need to file on it some more next week when I'm downtown and then I think it will be fine. Let me know if you like the book and I'll see if I can get the audiobook to listen to while I drive back and forth to the city.

So today did not turn out at all like I'd planned... I was going to tackle that big pile (or more accurately, five boxes!) of pink dishes. But first I got the brilliant idea I would touch up my hair with one of those color rinses that comes out in like 20 washes because I'm too chicken to dye my hair for real. Well... Clairol called, Lucille Ball is ready for her photo shoot now! I am exaggerating a bit... but not much. My hair leans toward the red anyway and this was not what I expected. Then Liam called and asked me to go look at a Corvette with him (which he ultimately decided not to buy). One the way back I stopped at the store and got a different version of the color, which fortunately turned out much better this time! I was a bit nervous about dying my hair twice in the span of four hours, but there was no way I wanted to be that red. As of now my hair hasn't all fallen out so I'm thinking it's going to be alright! In between all that I packed up three orders and took them to the post office and then it was time to make dinner. Nothing spectacular, just crustless pizza casserole (hamburger, pizza sauce, mushrooms, cheese on top, and I tried using zucchini noodles in half just to see how it turned out). I should have used another little jar of pizza sauce, but other than that it was pretty good. Then I got the brilliant idea that I would take a nap. So now it's going on midnight and I am wide awake... and I can tell that's going to be the case for quiiiiite a while, ha ha.

OK, off to see if there's any new bling I need to ogle!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Well guess who's awake... Again! What a strange sleep night. I made draft listings well into the wee hours so they are all ready to post when I finish the pics. Then I picked out a bunch of audio books from the library site and downloaded those so they are queued up for listening. And then I read the news (which just made me madder than a wet cat) so I had to go and find some feel good things to read before I could even consider going to sleep. And when I finally did sleep I had a dream that involved a hot fund sundae from McDonalds.

Oy. Wonder what today is gonna be like!?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great your BP is perfect; glad one of us can claim that. I spent time "googling" what the doctor told me and now I feel like I have one foot on a bar of soap and the other on a banana peel. That MDS he mentioned is cancer of bone marrow. Joy! I didn't sleep well last night.

Marty test drove a Corvette once - the salesman pretty much said - go for it - I've got the insurance you've got the ticket. Ha Ha.

Glad dying your hair twice in one day turned out okay. I ended up with Ronald McDonald hair color one time; haven't messed with coloring my hair since. I had to get my hair bleached to get rid of that.

Mmm a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds - Sounds good.

Nice you downloaded some books to listen too. I started the Stephen King book - it's good so far. Hopefully I can knock it out this weekend.

Today was my first day on Tylenol and Ibuprofen rather than the antii inflammatory - I swear I was going to die after grocery shopping, dishes and cleaning up veggies and fruit. I took one more of each. My nose is getting stuffed up again so I'm guessing that was what caused my sinuses to drain all the time. Tough decision there.

I got off work 2 hours early so picked up groceries then. Marty was done with work when I got home so we chatted for a while; he left for the gym about 4:30. My tripod arrived so he set that up for me. We had a brief but intense rain shower tonight.

Yay for a long weekend. I did have to dial in and fix a few things already though. Grr - is it a wonder work shoots up my BP?

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Dee Jay, your new stuff online looks great!

I've been kind of lazy today - we ate out for breakfast and a late lunch. I got laundry done including washing and changing the table cloth and the bedding in our front guest bedroom - Marty slept in there for about 10 days after his surgery. I have been reading the Stephen King book today in between chores. Tomorrow I'll wash our bedding and then wrestle with the Cal King mattress getting the fitted sheet back on; I can't have Marty help me with his lame wing.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, how is the Tylenol and Ibuprofen working? I understand your BP shooting up over weekend stuff. Whenever I have to do something on the weekend it's always so much worse than if I just did it on like a Tuesday!

Today I went over to the local auction, which was a continuation of last week's, which was shut down early because it was so hot. I thought I only wanted one thing, but I ended up buying five. And then Liam got me a couple of random things (there were these wooden farm animals that I thought would be super cute photo props, and also a door mat that says "All Wines Welcome." We were home by early afternoon since it wasn't a full auction and I tried to take picture of all the pink dishes from last week but it's totally overcast and the lighting is just really bad. I hope it's better tomorrow!

I need to pack a bunch of stuff in bubble wrap so I can safely store it downstairs. I think I'm going to have to move into the storage closet under the stairs because things have expanded to that point. Rut ro!

My drivers license technically expires tomorrow (which I completely forgot about!) but I think I have a certain amount of time before it becomes truly a problem. I need to be careful though; can't take on the Curby challenge with an expired DL, LOL.

OK, off to pack some things up and clear room for tomorrow's picture taking. And then, a shower!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids... and Happy Birthday To Me!

To celebrate I think I might go to an auction and buy some glass. :lol:

Yesterday I took pictures of a the big thing, which is full service for eight, and got that all packed up in boxes. Today I want to photograph all the serving pieces and then I can finally start listing this pink! After that I need to take pics of something OTHER than pink so my page doesn't look totally like a girl's baby shower... and for the sake of my own sanity! :cheeky:

There is noise downstairs. I am betting my birthday bacon in bed is on it's way up soon! :lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Dee Jay!!! Way to start the day with bacon!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you are having a fabulous birthday!

I am still on the fence with the Tylenol and Ibuprofen. First day I didn't take all he said I could, yesterday I took it X3 and did fine. Today I am "pushing" it to see how well it works for me - I lifted and went grocery shopping. I need to take round 2 here in a few minutes. I picked up some OTC combo of both with lower dosages I will take to work. We will see. I am no longer suffering with nasal drip and coughing from though. Woo hoo!!! Marty said to make it a true experiment though I need to try the anti inflammatory for a week next week.

Sounds like you ended up with some goodies at the auction and tell Liam I like his choice in door mats. That is perfect. Too funny you need to expand in to the storage closet under the stairs; I call ours the Harry Potter room. It can hold a lot of stuff!

I hope the lighting is better for you to take pictures today. Marty has been waking up at about 3 am again so took some constellation pictures in the back yard this morning - they are great shots but sadly not in focus. He then ventured to the park to try for a sunrise picture over the lake. He got a pretty picture there. The light was on in the basement when I got up so I come wandering out in the living room thinking Marty was here but instead I set the alarm off. D'oh! Good gag Marty!

Oh no about your DL expiring. When we moved here I totally went online to the DMV website and updated our address - sadly they never sent me a renewal notice. Mine expired then at the end of May and I found it out in October when I was filling out some paperwork. They were fine about it when I renewed it. Pshew!

I got a lot of the Stephen King book read yesterday. We are having grilled chicken today with fresh fruit and cottage cheese. I picked up corn on the cob and tenderloins for tomorrow. I hope Marty can eat corn with one hand; if not I can cut it off the cob for him.

I got gas a while ago and a McLaren, Ferrari and TT pulled in. I had to take a picture and send it to Marty following the caption "So a McLarne, Ferrari and TT pull in to the gas station" . He said I should have revved my car up when I drove by them and given them a thumbs up.
IMG_1200.JPG
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after my birthday kids!

Curby, do you take the anti-inflammatory every day or only when you need it? I.e., is it the kind of thing with like pain pills where you have to stay ahead of it? Marty is probably right about going back to it for a week to be a good experiment. That's quite a line-up of cars you have there! LOL for setting off the alarm; I would totally do something like that!

Yesterday I went on a listing mission, DETERMINED to finish the pics for the pink. It took alllllll day, but I did it, right down to the salt and pepper shakers. I even wrapped up almost everything with bubble wrap and paper so it's well protected and ready to go when someone buys it (I've still got a few platters and serving bowls to put away. And then... The Listings!

I need to run to Bed, Bath and Beyond and get a tension rod and some short curtains for the kitchen window. I know I've said this before, but never done it. Well this weekend I got the brilliant idea of taping white garbage bags to the window. It worked fine... but I really jacked up my back being up on the step stool and leaning wayyyy to far in a weird position to tape up the second one and now I'm paying the price. Yowch.

Liam and I went to a restaurant up north of the Wisconsin line for dinner last night. I decided it was time, after 17 days, to have a cheat meal on my low carb eating. They have these tater tot nachos that I really love! :lickout: I ate way too many of them though.

I'm waiting for my coffee to make it's way upstairs and then I will construct a plan for the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I do need anti inflammatory and / or pain meds for my knees. If they are hurting too bad I can't do much or sleep well. I woke up at about 4 am with the spot I hit on my head on the bottom corner of the cupboards screaming at me then my stomach was kind of burning. I think too many pills are bugging my stomach. I'll figure it out or keep whining about it. Ha Ha.

Sounds like you made a lot of progress on your glassware yesterday. Nice. It will be good to get everything "wrapped up" until someone buys it. Good deal. I'll be watching your page for new items.

Oh no to hurting your back. I hope that is doing better by now; you need some of my giant Tylenol and Ibuprofren! Glad you got the curtains and curtain rods to put up. Hopefully Liam does that for you so you don't have to get on the step ladder again. When we moved in the house here the far back bedroom didn't have drapes up yet and I moved over there to sleep on night because Marty was snoring very loudly. A full moon was shining right in on my face though so I got the brilliant idea to use that blue construction tape to just tape the drapes on the window as high up as I could reach (which isn't much). I lay back down on the bed then and the moon is still shining in my eyes. Someone bought me a T-Rex trying book and one of the jokes was trying to hang up drapes and I LMAO because that is about the same way I hung up the drapes.

Sounds like you had a nice night out and a delicious dinner. The tater tot nachos sound great. Have you ever eaten at Taco Johns and had their potato oles? They are little round tater tots with taco seasoning; I love them!

I stayed up late reading my SK book. It is getting quite interesting so I plan on doing that most of the day. My SIL stopped by last night and spent the night. She and Marty are out shopping for her a gun right now. She is retiring from the Census Bureau at the end of this month and plans on being a nomad. She loves to camp but is also going to buy a Class C motor home and just travel around. Marty is insisting she gets a pistol and get some safety training on that.

Here is a picture of the sun from this morning, My sunspots are in a little more focus than yesterday's picture.

Laters
Curby
Sep6.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I see your pinks. Pretty cool. I swear so many of those Fenton pieces could have belonged to my mom.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I would have loved to show my collection to your mom! Your sun pics are just amazing. Wow! I don't think I've ever been to a Taco Johns... are they just out west? Now of course I want some of those potato oles, ha ha.

As you saw, yesterday I finally did get some of the pink listed! There is A LOT more to put up though... probably another fifteen listings when you take all of the serving pieces into account. I don't think I'll get to any more until Thursday since I'm working today and tomorrow. And also on Thursday I need to go an get my license renewed because I am officially expired. Yikes. Guess who was verrrrry cautious of the speed limit driving in this morning!

Today my department is taking me out to lunch for my birthday. I think we all just want an excuse to go out and this is as good a reason as any! Then Liam is coming down and we're going to dinner with my friends who have the two little girls. I've got their Christmas presents with me since I haven't remembered to take them over at any other point this year, LOL.

OK, off to get some actual work done since the middle of my day is going to be cut out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you and my mom would have enjoyed show and tell with both of your treasures. Taco Johns started in my little home town. When my nieces come home from Texas to visit they always have to eat a few times at TJ's and have oles. They have some in Illinois - here is the link https://locations.tacojohns.com/il.html

I will watch for the rest of your pink collection. Good idea to not speed with a suspended license. I was only up to 92 today before I caught up with a slow truck. Darn.

How nice to have the office take you out for lunch for your birthday - I hope you had something delicious. Have fun at dinner and I am sure the little girls will love their Christmas present.

Back to work today; I didn't work on my report that I can't get to find and replace about 1/2 of my blackout patterns. I didn't feel like being frustrated today. I had plenty of other things to keep me busy today.

A buddy of my dad's stopped by after work to pick up one of my dad's hunting rifles and we ended up reminiscing for about 2 hours. It was good to see him. I didn't have time to cook my supper before he arrived and ended up leaving my leftover steak out for over 2 hours so ended up throwing that away and fixed myself a bacon, tomato toasted sandwich when he left. That was better than leftovers anyway; and then I had my one piece of chocolate for today.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, there are two Taco John's within ten miles of Liam's house so I will definitely check them out! My lunch yesterday was OK... It was a gorgeous day and we sat outside, so that was nice, but the food was only alright. The girls had a ball opening their gifts! And honestly, I bought this stuff so long ago I had forgotten what it was, so it was a surprise for all of us -- me included, ha ha!

Today I've done training for two new employees, parsed through a very specific SEC rule, and killed a dozen trees already with the stuff I've printed. Busy morning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sweet now you can try some potato olds. I think I’ll pick up some tacos and ones on my way home tomorrow.

Getting to set outside for lunch is always a nice treat. Darn the food was as special. That’s great the girls enjoyed their presents. I am glad you got to watch them open their gifts. I got invited to a baby shower that requested a book of any age for the little boy as he grows up. I bought him 5 different age level space / astronomy books. She requested you write a note in the book. I’ll have to come up with 5 things to say now.

Yay for training 2 new employees, parsed through a new SEC rule and printed a ream or 2 of paper. Our shared server was down all day because of some malware. That was fun. Sounds like it will be down tomorrow too.

I picked up my last half box of peaches tonight. We have about 2 dozen but they won’t last long. I lifted tonight and have just been watching TV. My thrillometer isn’t moving much.

Later,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, the five books idea is a great gift and I'm sure you'll think of something good to say! Did you stop at TJ's and pick up dinner? I haven't had a single peach this summer so I'm living vicariously through you!

Today Mission #1 is a new license! Then I need to pack and ship some glasses, pick up some things I won in an auction last week, go by Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohls and possibly Tar-jay (we'll see how motivated I am at that point). Of course there's the annual review, which STILL isn't done! And more glasses to photograph... always more glasses... Ack! So as you can see, it will be another thrilling day in Dee Land!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I had a taco and some oles for supper. It hit the spot. These peaches have been really good - I'll have one for you tomorrow. I am already slightly over my caloric allotment for the day. I have to be good tomorrow too since we are meeting some friends for supper.

How did it go getting your license renewed today? You have a busy agenda for the day. I need to hit BB&B and Kohl's soon plus get some new shoes. I don't think I ever answered your question about Brooks - lately I've had to go up one size for them to fit me right; used to be just a 1/2 size. Their toe box seems more narrow lately too. I still like them better than most shoes. I have a pair of Hoka okay. I tried on some of those zero scape shoes and feel like I'd fall on my face walking in them.

I ended up working a bit late today to take care of an update we can't do on Friday. I got called in to chat with my boss today - a lady I am not overly fond of may be our general manager's pick to train as my replacement. He told me a few weeks ago they were going to look for someone to get in my department that could be promote-able and fill in for me. She is just "cross training" with me next week but once the general manager gets a bug in his butt he is moving this person somewhere he does it. She was a supervisor at one time but from what I heard she was awful to people and was moved to a job where she wasn't in charge of anyone, She has moved to several different jobs since. This might just hasten my exit from the company. We will see - I sure like my spending money though. Ha Ha.

I'm at 75% of the SK book. It is keeping my interest for sure.

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results