carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I see you have more admirers. Sweet.

Did you do your happy birthday clip? Great idea. Sometimes I wish I had some video of my parents; at other times I think that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Those slipper socks from the hospital are great. I will let you know what I think of the ones I ordered. Anything lined gets my attention since I'm always cold.

Yay for having lobster all weekend. I made tacos for lunch and had a strawberry pancake for breakfast. I have no idea what's for supper.

I hope your nail polish lasts 2 weeks with the good top coat. I ordered one my favorite colors yesterday from Amazon; the one I have is getting low and the polish is kind of thick. LOL to #ManicureMcGyver

Did you get more product loaded today?

It's windy as crud here again. The closest I came to being outside is I heard something in the garage. I was sure someone was messing in the garage or it was a bit rat - I was right! Marty was the big rat. Ha Ha. He finally put his sandbags back in to the bed of his pickup.

I wish I believed in naps; I'd be taking one now. I am working on my new article and it must be boring because it is putting me to sleep. I have it mostly done; I'll proof it again later and get it sent off. If I don't get it in tomorrow it won't make the paper next weekend for the beginning of March.

Last I checked my FedEx box - with or without a ring inside - was in Denver. I maybe should have mailed it Monday or Tuesday as I'm sure FedEx is backed up in Houston.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm sure it will be a relief to get your box opened up at WF and have them confirm the ring is in there! This whole shipping delay thing sucks, doesn't it? Everything seems to be taking forever... I did get more listings up yesterday, but it took AGES to even get the first one done because the lightings just did NOT cooperate. There's so much reflection and glare. And in one of the shots I used a wine bottle as a prop. The pics turned out great... on my phone. When I put them on the computer and they were blown up I saw that I was shown in a perfect reflection on the bottle, right down to my camo print hoodie and the scowl on my face born of such a tedious time-consuming process, ha ha. I really should have saved that one!

After that adventure I spent over three hours on the phone with my best friend doing her taxes. She has three properties, once of which she lives in, and the system decided to delete one of her properties out of the blue. What a PITA that was. Honestly I'm not sure at all that we did the right thing on that in the end, but it is all now filed so fingers crossed. I also got the last piece of paper I need for my own taxes today so I'll be getting that to the accountant hopefully this week. Speaking of accountants, did Marty get an PPP stimulus for his gym business? If not, he may be entitled to some. I can put him in touch with Liam if so because I'd love to help him out if possible! The rules are changing in the next few weeks to become a little more liberal too, so even if he didn't quality before he may do so now.

Alright, enough procrastination. I need to work on a few big things and my motivation meter is not even ticking past 25% today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my ACA is all sad and lonely (hopefully) at FedEx in Houston. It has no one to sparkle for right now.

Yes shipping things seems to take a lot longer recently. How irritating!

Darn to see your reflection in your pictures. I notice that in my jewelry sometimes; you can often tell the color of shirt I have on in the reflection. Too funny to the scowl on your face; taking all those pictures will be time consuming.

Nice to get your best friend's taxes done over the phone. Marty did not file for any of the PPP stimulus money. Our accountant advised us against it at the time and I don't remember why. We agreed at the time to what she said. So they are relaxing some criteria / requirements soon? I'll mention it to him and thanks for suggesting it. Too bad Liam doesn't have some programs we can apply for that gets us money for sapphires and emeralds. If I am going to dream, I may as well dream big!

I hate when that motivation meter seems to be broke or barely registering. I sure didn't want to be at work today. I was mumbling a lot of Gordon Ramsey words under my breathe too; the teddy bears at my desk might have learned new words.

I ate well today. I had leftover tacos for lunch and made a BLT for supper.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, it sounds like your ring should be at WF today, yes? And then in a few weeks you'll have your new one! I wonder why Marty's accountant discouraged him from the PPP... ? No need to answer, just thinking out loud. Liam is so well versed in this program right now I'm waiting any day for the SBA to offer him a job, LOL. I haven't had a BLT in ages and it sure sounds good! We're still on that pork chop kick right now. That is, if you can call a 2+ inch thing a pork chop! I swear, the are like little mini pork ROASTS! We marinated the last two in BBQ sauce overnight and we're going to slow cook them starting around mid-afternoon. :lickout:

I got a deposit in my Chase account for the first sale! Not sure how that's all going to work out because I keep getting an automated message that Etsy has been unable to verify my business info and therefore I should redo the admin piece as an individual... but yet they put the $ in an account that is named to my business... ??? Whatever. It's only February so I have many months to get this straightened out before any tax forms of consequence are issued. Still galling though.

Today I Must Do Some Massive Work. MASSIVE. Ugh.

Ready... Set... GO!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my ACA did arrive at Whiteflash today. Woo hoo. Apparently they check it and get back to me. I guess to make sure it's the diamond I bought from them. I haven't got my bill for the new ring yet maybe I'll get that soon.

I don't recall what the accountant said about the relief money. I am sure Liam is a total expert on it now. I feel so bad for small businesses through all of this. Glad Liam is able to help them.

BLT's are pretty tasty. My BIL will bring us huge beef steak tomatoes out of his garden and the first thing Marty and I do is get a loaf of french or Italian bread to toast and make BLT's. I bet your slow cooked BBQ pork mini roasts were delicious.

Yay for getting a deposit in your account. I see you have more followers now too.

How did you MASSIVE work go today? I was quite busy at work today as well. And cold.

I totally need to go to bed on time tonight. I'm yawning already and it's only a little after 7.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm relieved your box made it to WF and that the ring was actually in there, ha ha! I have to admit that I was sorely tempted to reach out to Vera and get her to mess with you a little and say the box was empty... But since you are my friend I don't want you to die of a heart attack! :cheeky: Speaking of boxes, has your box from me gotten there yet? Tracking info at this point is almost nonexistent on any service, USPS, UPS, FedEx or otherwise. So frustrating! One thing I sent to the DC area did make it, and that was shipped the same day as yours. That person hasn't written me a review yet but hopefully they will soon because I'm sure buyers will be more comfortable with sellers that have reviews. This is such a process! The mini pork roasts were good... but I ate my entire one... and then I was so full I practically had to crawl up the stairs to bed. Ugh.

This morning we had to take Liam's truck in to the Chevy dealer (I won't bore you with the details... most of which went in one ear and other the other anyway!). Hopefully it will be done today. #UberDee

My massive work yesterday didn't go as well as one would have hoped... But Today! (Hope springs eternal! :lol:)

The washer is dinging at me. Better go swap to clothes to the dryer and start a new load.

Later!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spoke too soon on the shipping tracking. I just got an automated message from Fed Ex that the box containing five sets of glasses going to Oregon is scheduled for delivery tomorrow... Except the tracking site says it's still in a town about 20 miles from me... which is obviously no where near Oregon. I guess we'll see!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, that would have been well played to get Vera to mess with me. She probably would too. I keep telling Marty I don’t want to die now because even if I fall down the steps or get airborne in the Porsche they’d list it as a COVID death so forget it.

I did check on my package and it only says in transit and it’s from Etsy. No other info. What a pain. That’s funny about the delivery notice you got. They don’t seem to update FedEx as well as they used to for sure.

Hopefully your massive project goes well today. I am more hardly working than working hard. I’m too cold to work. This office is COLD all the time.

Glad the mini pork roast was delicious. Meat really fills me up especially something like ribs or London broil. It’s good though.

Hopefully Liams truck is easily fixed. Woo hoo for getting laundry done. One of the work at home benefits. I am doing some of mine tomorrow.

Well crap. #marcyneedsnewtread. That’s going to cost. I told Marty I need new tires. He asked what size. I said expensive.

Other than that my day is going well.

Off to eat my PBJ for lunch. I went all out planning that.

Laters,
Curbyslicktires

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring is paid for - woo hoo! Estimated "shop" time is 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get my ring in mid March?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    Soapy Love
    Soapy Love
    How much to spend on an Engagement Ring in 2021
    How much to spend on an Engagement Ring in 2021

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.