shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee! Thank you! The ring is rose gold and the appraisal says the sapphires are .96 tcw so they are roughly .20 carats each. I like the "blue" look.

Darn that Matt missed out on the poker party. I agree that we all tend to put in more hours working from home. I am iin the office tomorrow and will try to work ahead so we can have some breathing room. i won't do my normal stuff. Ugh. That is funny the helpers you have act like you are their manager. I am sure you are smiling because you aren't.

Too funny you looked up a Karen hairdo. Your haircut sounds like something I'd like. I want mine a little longer and way more layered. I need to find a picture for my next haircut.

That's good to have an in with the database guy. That's great your trail worked and found a scenario you hadn't thought of before. Getting 1200 done tomorrow will be great.

Darn they didn't call you for an opening on the root canal today. Hoping something opens up on Monday. That's good you have some pain pills if you need them. I am totally on board with the Bloody Mary. That sounds great!!!!

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

Marty's poker game went well; he didn't win but they all had fun. We both had eye exams first thing today so Marty had a short night. I went to bed at my normal time though so I'm not tired.

After my exam I came home and had one of my farmer's market peaches; it was delicious. They finally got ripe enough to eat. Then I ran some errands. I'd just sat down when Marty wanted me to come over to the gym.

We had our deck and steps painted yesterday so I needed to take him the cash to pay the painter. I did my lifting while I was there trying a smaller bar to see if it will hurt my fingers as much as the larger bar. I did like it so now we'll see when someone gets them back in stock.

After lifting we went our for Mexican food, I was pretty hungry since all I'd eaten so far was a peach.

I just finished my August newsletter and got it posted. Woo hoo!!!

I love it when I over estimate my budget. I saved $1200 for having our deck, rails and steps painted and they charged us $600 and i threw in an extra hundred as a tip. I figured our eye exams and glasses would come to about $2400 and we came out of there under $800. Woo hoo more money for my sapphire. Marty's eyes were unchanged and he likes his glasses so he only had to pay for his co-pay and the pictures of his eyes. I got new glasses, ordered computer glasses (lenses) for my current pair of glasses and also ordered new lenses for my sunglasses. My vision has changed quite a bit. My baby cataracts are more visible in my central vision so they couldn't get me past 20-30 in testing. The doctor still says they wouldn't need removed for 10-12 years. The scar on my macula is unchanged.

Looks like a storm is moving in now. Darn.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you’re just saving money right and left! You can buy more stuff!! We decided not to have our deck stained this year. Matt pressure washed it and it still looks pretty good. I’m guessing next year is the year. Did yours turn out well?

Hopefully the smaller bar will be in stock soon. We have to do every little thing that helps! Glad Marty’s poker party went well and he had fun. We all need a little fun these days! I haven’t had a peach in so long. I get suckered in at the grocery store, and they either never ripen or are mush with no flavor. I should try the farmers market.

Great job on getting the August newsletter out already. You are on it!! Does your eye dr think the scar on your macula will get better over time? I had a total posterior vitreous detachment with Weiss ring. The ring is basically a massive floater made up of the detached vitreous. I call it the greasy blob on the center of my vision. It’s supposed to shrink over time, and there is a surgery that can either help or make it worse. The surgery didn’t sound super successful, so I opted to leave it alone. Hopefully your baby cataracts don’t grow up!

I started out yesterday being really productive. Got a load of laundry done, there another in the dryer and started cleaning house. Matt changed out the faulty light switch in the master bathroom and started cleaning upstairs. Then the dryer croaked. UGH. Matt’s grandma bought it a few months before she died in 1993. We had to replace the washing machine last year, and today were going dryer shopping. I’m not terribly sad about that because that dryer had 2 settings...fluff and crispy. And by the way, I really miss my cleaners!

We finally broke down and went to Office Depot Friday to get 2 chair pads, and I got a desk pad and some other supplies. Our home offices weren’t supposed to be for always working from home. I brought my comfy Herman Miller chair from work a few months ago, and destroyed the small rug I used as a chair pad. I don’t want to destroy the hardwood floor too. We also went to kohl’s and I bought some comfy clothes for working from home. Right now there’s no end in sight! I’ve done great with food this weekend because I don’t feel like eating. It’s been mostly raining, so we haven’t been able to get a good walk in. Oh well... off to buy a dryer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Is it really Sunday already?

Deegee, that's great your deck looked good after pressure washing it; it is amazing what a difference it can make. Our new stain looks great. They did a nice job.

Yes, I hope the smaller bar is available soon - I am really sore and achy today - I am sure I lifted from a different stance yesterday and my body is complaining about it. I leave my racks set up for where I lift from and was only guessing at the gym.

I agree about peaches from the store; I love good peaches and can't stand bad ones. Peaches from the store are usually a waste of money. I'll only buy 2 and then if they are good I'll go back and buy us 6 but that second batch is never good. Darn. I do have good luck with the local farmer's market though.

I am sorry about your greasy blob; I don't blame you for passing on the surgery since there is no guarantee it would help. My scar will never go away or get better. The doctor has been mentioning baby cataracts to me for years but the intern that was doing the tests had me concerned that's grown a lot - my normal doctor just said they aren't big enough yet for surgery. They do contribute to my blurry vision though. The intern I don't think even got me to 20 30 correction. If I am not happy I'll have the eye doctor try it again. They don't seem to spend much time playing the "which is better" game and I have a hard time telling the difference.

Darn that your dryer needs replaced but wow it lasted a long time! They don't seem to make appliances that last that long now. Such a pain to decide what you want too; next time I'm going to pick blue washer and dryers - ha. Limit my choices.

Oh no for missing your cleaners. Are they shut down or are you choosing not to have them clean? I remember asking Marty if we should have our cleaning lady continue cleaning and he said why not - she's covered in cleaners anyway. I don't do this now but originally I wiped down all the switches and door knobs she touched after she cleaned. I'm over that now; I faithfully wash my hands.

Nice for buying some comfy work at home clothes. Marty's office attire is shorts, t-shirt and flip flops or barefoot. Good idea to get some chair pads - that would stink to have the chair scratch up your floors.

I was going to sleep in but Marty set off the alarm at 6:30 this morning. That woke me up and probably most of the dogs in the neighborhood. I made myself a pancake for breakfast and put peaches and whip cream on top. It was delicious. I got laundry done and washed the sheets and blanket from our bed. We met for lunch as Marty had clients to coach this morning. He is outside now power washing off parts of our grill; he is cleaning it all and then putting it back together. He is probably leaving our patio furniture on the patio down under the deck and then find some chairs for the deck. I want wrought iron chairs because my anal OCD brain believes they are more clean than wicker furniture with cushions. I know they are equally dirty. Sadly wrought iron isn't very popular right now.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.