shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee! Thank you! The ring is rose gold and the appraisal says the sapphires are .96 tcw so they are roughly .20 carats each. I like the "blue" look.

Darn that Matt missed out on the poker party. I agree that we all tend to put in more hours working from home. I am iin the office tomorrow and will try to work ahead so we can have some breathing room. i won't do my normal stuff. Ugh. That is funny the helpers you have act like you are their manager. I am sure you are smiling because you aren't.

Too funny you looked up a Karen hairdo. Your haircut sounds like something I'd like. I want mine a little longer and way more layered. I need to find a picture for my next haircut.

That's good to have an in with the database guy. That's great your trail worked and found a scenario you hadn't thought of before. Getting 1200 done tomorrow will be great.

Darn they didn't call you for an opening on the root canal today. Hoping something opens up on Monday. That's good you have some pain pills if you need them. I am totally on board with the Bloody Mary. That sounds great!!!!

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

Marty's poker game went well; he didn't win but they all had fun. We both had eye exams first thing today so Marty had a short night. I went to bed at my normal time though so I'm not tired.

After my exam I came home and had one of my farmer's market peaches; it was delicious. They finally got ripe enough to eat. Then I ran some errands. I'd just sat down when Marty wanted me to come over to the gym.

We had our deck and steps painted yesterday so I needed to take him the cash to pay the painter. I did my lifting while I was there trying a smaller bar to see if it will hurt my fingers as much as the larger bar. I did like it so now we'll see when someone gets them back in stock.

After lifting we went our for Mexican food, I was pretty hungry since all I'd eaten so far was a peach.

I just finished my August newsletter and got it posted. Woo hoo!!!

I love it when I over estimate my budget. I saved $1200 for having our deck, rails and steps painted and they charged us $600 and i threw in an extra hundred as a tip. I figured our eye exams and glasses would come to about $2400 and we came out of there under $800. Woo hoo more money for my sapphire. Marty's eyes were unchanged and he likes his glasses so he only had to pay for his co-pay and the pictures of his eyes. I got new glasses, ordered computer glasses (lenses) for my current pair of glasses and also ordered new lenses for my sunglasses. My vision has changed quite a bit. My baby cataracts are more visible in my central vision so they couldn't get me past 20-30 in testing. The doctor still says they wouldn't need removed for 10-12 years. The scar on my macula is unchanged.

Looks like a storm is moving in now. Darn.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you’re just saving money right and left! You can buy more stuff!! We decided not to have our deck stained this year. Matt pressure washed it and it still looks pretty good. I’m guessing next year is the year. Did yours turn out well?

Hopefully the smaller bar will be in stock soon. We have to do every little thing that helps! Glad Marty’s poker party went well and he had fun. We all need a little fun these days! I haven’t had a peach in so long. I get suckered in at the grocery store, and they either never ripen or are mush with no flavor. I should try the farmers market.

Great job on getting the August newsletter out already. You are on it!! Does your eye dr think the scar on your macula will get better over time? I had a total posterior vitreous detachment with Weiss ring. The ring is basically a massive floater made up of the detached vitreous. I call it the greasy blob on the center of my vision. It’s supposed to shrink over time, and there is a surgery that can either help or make it worse. The surgery didn’t sound super successful, so I opted to leave it alone. Hopefully your baby cataracts don’t grow up!

I started out yesterday being really productive. Got a load of laundry done, there another in the dryer and started cleaning house. Matt changed out the faulty light switch in the master bathroom and started cleaning upstairs. Then the dryer croaked. UGH. Matt’s grandma bought it a few months before she died in 1993. We had to replace the washing machine last year, and today were going dryer shopping. I’m not terribly sad about that because that dryer had 2 settings...fluff and crispy. And by the way, I really miss my cleaners!

We finally broke down and went to Office Depot Friday to get 2 chair pads, and I got a desk pad and some other supplies. Our home offices weren’t supposed to be for always working from home. I brought my comfy Herman Miller chair from work a few months ago, and destroyed the small rug I used as a chair pad. I don’t want to destroy the hardwood floor too. We also went to kohl’s and I bought some comfy clothes for working from home. Right now there’s no end in sight! I’ve done great with food this weekend because I don’t feel like eating. It’s been mostly raining, so we haven’t been able to get a good walk in. Oh well... off to buy a dryer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Is it really Sunday already?

Deegee, that's great your deck looked good after pressure washing it; it is amazing what a difference it can make. Our new stain looks great. They did a nice job.

Yes, I hope the smaller bar is available soon - I am really sore and achy today - I am sure I lifted from a different stance yesterday and my body is complaining about it. I leave my racks set up for where I lift from and was only guessing at the gym.

I agree about peaches from the store; I love good peaches and can't stand bad ones. Peaches from the store are usually a waste of money. I'll only buy 2 and then if they are good I'll go back and buy us 6 but that second batch is never good. Darn. I do have good luck with the local farmer's market though.

I am sorry about your greasy blob; I don't blame you for passing on the surgery since there is no guarantee it would help. My scar will never go away or get better. The doctor has been mentioning baby cataracts to me for years but the intern that was doing the tests had me concerned that's grown a lot - my normal doctor just said they aren't big enough yet for surgery. They do contribute to my blurry vision though. The intern I don't think even got me to 20 30 correction. If I am not happy I'll have the eye doctor try it again. They don't seem to spend much time playing the "which is better" game and I have a hard time telling the difference.

Darn that your dryer needs replaced but wow it lasted a long time! They don't seem to make appliances that last that long now. Such a pain to decide what you want too; next time I'm going to pick blue washer and dryers - ha. Limit my choices.

Oh no for missing your cleaners. Are they shut down or are you choosing not to have them clean? I remember asking Marty if we should have our cleaning lady continue cleaning and he said why not - she's covered in cleaners anyway. I don't do this now but originally I wiped down all the switches and door knobs she touched after she cleaned. I'm over that now; I faithfully wash my hands.

Nice for buying some comfy work at home clothes. Marty's office attire is shorts, t-shirt and flip flops or barefoot. Good idea to get some chair pads - that would stink to have the chair scratch up your floors.

I was going to sleep in but Marty set off the alarm at 6:30 this morning. That woke me up and probably most of the dogs in the neighborhood. I made myself a pancake for breakfast and put peaches and whip cream on top. It was delicious. I got laundry done and washed the sheets and blanket from our bed. We met for lunch as Marty had clients to coach this morning. He is outside now power washing off parts of our grill; he is cleaning it all and then putting it back together. He is probably leaving our patio furniture on the patio down under the deck and then find some chairs for the deck. I want wrought iron chairs because my anal OCD brain believes they are more clean than wicker furniture with cushions. I know they are equally dirty. Sadly wrought iron isn't very popular right now.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I can’t say I’ve taken many mental health days in my life but I needed one today and I feel way better. I slept in, had an egg and toast for breakfast, ran some errands. The cleaning lady was here this morning so I washed towels after she left. When Marty got finished with morning conference calls we went to Olive Garden for lunch. This afternoon I donned the necessary mask and went grocery shopping. What a zoo. Something Marty and I have discussed was on full display. Over 60% of the people shopping were in their golden years now venturing out and believing they are safe with masks because we are all told wearing a mask “may” protect you and others. Our town is packed with out of state visitors probably because our state has less restrictions. I keep looking for an exit from the Twilight Zone.

I am so full from lunch I had a piece of toast for supper but I bet I can squeeze in some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Since I went grocery shopping I did get ice cream and chocolate. Plus food of course.

I wandered around some of the local botanical gardens this morning. That was fun.
249BEEFF-E25A-41C2-8E6F-186FDC5C1CF4.jpeg 1C2E4A2B-9821-4092-B483-AF36ADF51953.jpeg 19537D45-3B63-449A-BE1C-1B2962009459.jpeg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I’m so glad you took a mental health day. I am a firm believer in mental health days! Sometimes you really need that mind reset. I hope you had an enjoyable day, and I’m sorry work has been so bad. The flowers are beautiful! I wish we had somewhere like that, but I don’t think we do.

Funny you mention that about masks. Our state Covid expert said yesterday that he feared people were wearing masks and thinking it was fine to do everything else and not distance. I believe he’s right!

I’m ready for the cleaners to come back but Matt isn’t. He has so many meetings and calls during the day, he doesn’t want the noise and distraction. His office is upstairs and mine is downstairs. I’m considering having them clean at least the first floor and maybe the stairs. Our first floor has the master bedroom and bath, a spare bedroom, laundry room, my office, kitchen, breakfast nook, family room, and another full bath. Getting the first floor cleaned would knock out the bulk of it. Neither of us had been given a tentative date for returning to the office. I miss my cleaners!

Wrought iron deck furniture would last way longer than wicker! The wrought iron dining set we have on the deck has lasted for years, and the wicker conversation set got destroyed in a windstorm. The Amish bench I bought is that recycled poly material that is supposed to last for many years.

Good idea to decide on a blue washer/dryer set to cut down on choices! We replaced our washer last year, so we went straight to that washer in Lowe’s and bought the matching dryer. Of course, we consulted consumer reports. The LG appliances get really high ratings, so we went with that. Lowe’s delivery time was 4 weeks out, so we stuffed that bad boy in the back of Matt’s SUV. All good.

Root canal at 8:30 in the morning. Hallelujah! Goodnight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, i think I'll take a few more mental health days; it was refreshing. We do have a very nice botanic gardens for a small city. It is well supported by our community.

That is interesting about your state COVID expert, I would agree wearing masks do give people a false sense of security.

That is a lot of clean on the first floor. I'm with you - I'd get them back there cleaning for you. Marty is usually working when our cleaning lady is downstairs; he just shuts the door when she vacuums and doesn't have her clean his office.

Glad to hear the wrought iron set you have has lasted so long and that poly material patio furniture is supposed to hold us as well. Sadly I am looking at the end of the season. I should venture around the few stores this weekend to see what we have. Obviously Marty isn't convinced yet because I asked him at lunch if II should order the Trex stuff and he didn't answer me. I saw he was watching videos last night on how to make benches so maybe he is toying with that.

Yes, it seems like Samsung or Bosch has a blue washer and dryer that I liked the color but they were front loaders. I wanted a top loader and yes I'm so short I have trouble reaching the bottom. Ha Ha. Yes LG appliances are rated well and we'd do the same thing haul the appliance home ourselves rather than wait 4 weeks. i keep hoping my stove will act up because I want to get the GE Cafe Series stove that matches our refrigerator. The way refrigerators crap out in a few years these days my newer refrigerator will probably quit before the stove does.

Sweet you got an appointment for a root canal tomorrow. Good luck with that!!!

Work wasn’t quite as hectic today as it has been but it was very busy. I ordered in sandwiches for us for lunch to save time. I did log off my work laptop at 4:30 though and got my lifting done right away.

My allergies are talking to me - Marty had the patio door open for about an hour and we have weeds out by since we are by a greenway. Phooey.

I tried a brownie in a mug - not nearly as good as a real brownie. I’ll past on the rest of the box to a friend with kids. Someone told me they were good. Maybe I’ll make cookies tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy (aka Curby)

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I guess the Trex stuff is what I ordered. I liked the idea of no maintenance other than wiping it down every now and then. Does Marty build stuff? Matt is not handy in that regard! I can’t criticize because I’m not either.

I kind of remember the blue Samsung washer/dryer set. I wanted a top load washer. Both sisters and mom have the front loaders and don’t like them. The door on my new dryer is a dual opening door, which is pretty cool. We discovered it accidentally when I had opened it at the top to look inside and a few minutes later Matt opened it from the side, not realizing I had just opened it from the top. Maybe you’ll get lucky and your stove will crap out before your refrigerator.

Take as many mental health days as you can! Do you take a daily allergy medicine? I have taken Claritin for years after I discovered Zyrtec was messing with my eyes. My dr thought it would help prevent sinus infections. I think it has. You’re being so faithful with your lifting. Has it become a habit now? I got in the habit of taking walks every day, and it felt so wrong when we first started slacking.

I can’t do anything simple, and my root canal was no different. She started with 2 shots, then did 2 more and then opened my tooth. The assistant said “wow, that’s angry tooth!” As it went on, the endodontist had to put 3 more shots straight down into the tooth because those nerves were NOT getting numb. And then they discovered my tooth had 4 canals instead of the usual 3 so the whole thing took longer than expected. It’s over, and hopefully it will feel better tomorrow. I came home and worked my full day. We took a couple of short walks through the neighborhood and I had a peanut butter sandwich for dinner. Soft food!

I still haven’t contacted whiteflash about making earrings. I really, really want what I had, so I’m thinking about asking them to make one in that same size, but leaving off the post. I’ll take it to my jeweler to have him make a lever back drop like the other earring. Then I’d like to have a pair made in a larger size in yellow gold, and put in lever back dangles. I don’t know that they would make one earring though.

Have a great Thursday!

Oh-and the endodontist had a gorgeous wedding set, and a great pair of diamond hoops in the first piercing and very nice diamond studs in the second piercing in her ears. So incredibly sparkly! I couldn’t compliment her on them because by the time I was finished, I was a slobbery mess.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

Deegee, your root canal sounds like a major ordeal. I've had one and remember how uncomfortable it was to have your mouth propped open that long. I hope you are feeling way better now. Glad your endodontiist had some lovely diamonds.

I like low maintenance outdoor furniture as well. Marty does a nice job building things (not so much on the cleanup but what can I say). I just don't see how he'd have time between work and the gym. I still can't get him to say "order it". The biggest hangup is an estimated 9 week delivery time.

I like that color of blue in the washer and dryer; they have a nice red set as well. That is exactly why I didn't want a front loader washing machine is because they get stinky. The place we rented on the beach in SC was so bad your clothes smelled like it after using it. That is pretty cool your dryer opens 2 ways; that is very handy.

That's great Claritin helps your allergies. I don't take any allergy medicine it turns me in to a major crybaby and a total B*tch. It's unreal how much it alters my personality. Everyone says "I'd like to see that" and Marty responds "no you wouldn't".

Yes, lifting has become a habit; I even do it when I don't want to and that's good.

You could probably send your earring in to Whiteflash and they could match it for you; that way you'd still have one original. I think they would do that for you; it wouldn't hurt to ask. I really like diamond dangle earrings. I have a pair of their ready set-to-go PC studs (they had those a long time ago - ACA studs without certificates) and thought I'd lost one of them and they said I could send them the one earring and they'd match it. I found it about 5 days after it fell out of my ear. When I put it in I must have missed the hole in my ear and it probably caught it in my hair. I took my shoes with me to the living room to put them on and I remembered when I bent over to pick up a shoe something fell and hit my foot but I could find it. It wasn't until that night I noticed one of my studs was missing. I looked everywhere and then a few days later I noticed a glint by the coffee table and it was my earring. Now I flick on the back of my earrings to make sure they are secure; I do the same with a chain now too.

I am totally glad the week is over. I may have to add some games for tomorrow tonight and I am helping with some back to back games tomorrow. Hopefully Sunday will be quiet work wise.

I made a grilled cheese for supper and polished off the rest of my chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Easy supper.

I've got a giant fly in here that is pretty good at hiding when I get out the fly swatter. I'll get him.

Marty's laptop is back from Apple already. I don't remember if you told you but his battery swelled so much it popped the bottom case open and bowed the bottom; it wouldn't even set flat. I bet they moved his hard drive to a refurbished laptop but we'll see. He had a sticker on top of it so if it's gone then we'll know.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy / Curby

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.