shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome Curby -- can't wait to see pics!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sent me a quick snapshot; they look great but I ordered them on lever backs. They stopped the shipment and will get them fixed. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

1589405691918.png

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered the bezel set ruby band. I should get it next week.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Stormy Thursday kids!

Curby, how exciting -- TWO new things coming! Good that you caught the earring order before it went out the door. I'm sure it's a quick and easy thing for them to switch to lever backs so they should be on their way to you in no time!

I tried to do some stretching for my back yesterday and I may have overdone it a little I've got a heating pad I think I'll get out today. Yowch. And given the weather forecast no one -- not even a duck! -- would go for a walk today!

Calls today at 9:30 and 5 (that one is more social though than work) and have to do A LOT in between. The annual review is looming over me... and I really don't know how I'm going to do some of this stuff remotely.

My fear is the ferals are coming today because when I said I had a call at 5 TR was like "Oh... " So I'm not sure if he was going to ask me to go and get them or if he is planning on having them here by then. He purposely doesn't tell me ahead of time unless I specifically ask because he is the king of conflict avoidance. So I'm just going to assume they will be here tonight and it will be a happy surprise if they aren't!

OK, up to face the storm!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no for stormy weather and the ferals arrival. I love my nieces, nephews and friend's kids but i am always happy to see them go home. :lol:

I am sorry your back is sore; your fall could have contributed to that as well. I hope the heating pad and taking it easy has helped.

Darn the annual review is looming large for you. Good luck with that; I am sure you'll figure it all out remotely.

I was very glad Vera sent me that snapshot so they can fix the earrings before shipping. I will be anxious for both my new bling purchases to arrive. I will have less money to spend on my next sapphire purchase but oh well. I ordered some sheets today from Tommy Bahamas. We are loving their blanket.

Not much going on with me today. I only have one meeting left and a few reports this afternoon to review.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh. 1589491902714.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love those Curby! And definitely better as lever backs! Will you get them tomorrow?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dee Jay. I’ll get my shipping notice tonight but they should arrive tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh la la. I love my earrings.
1589576289524.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

My motivation-o-meter was in the negatives today but I did get up when my alarm went off instead of snoozing my alarm. The FedEx truck showed up about 2:30 today. I do like my earrings a lot; sadly we are having a rain shower so no sunshine for photos. Darn. I made PB cookies which I ate for supper so maybe I need to find some real food to eat as well. Marty had breakfast in a real restaurant this morning. We plan on going out somewhere for lunch tomorrow. Ooh such excitement.

Here are a few more photos. LOL i just noticed the right photo looks like white gold.
IMG_7765.JPG IMG_3407.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, you're new earrings are really great! I saw the pics on the NIRDI thread too; they are the perfect length!

It's sunny and 55 here right now. I'm tempted to go walk this morning while it's still cool and I can wear long sleeves because I've gotten a little sunburned the last two days. I also managed to get a blister on my little pinky toe yesterday that is still sore today. I was hoping it would fix itself overnight, but no dice. I also want to take Billy Ray out for a drive today, which I might do while TR is over on his friend's property mushroom hunting. He's taking one of the ferals with him but I'm afraid the other one won't want to go.

TR just mentioned that his niece's graduation party is next weekend in Iowa and he plans on going. Hope he has fun -- I'm not eager to go stand in a crowd of people. His response was "Iowa isn't in lockdown." Because, yanno, the virus obeys state borders. Insert eye roll here.

My office sent an update yesterday that says we're not likely go to back before the 6th of July, and frankly I'd be surprised if we did it even then, regardless of what the state or the City of Chicago decide to do at that point.

I am debating whether to do a bunch of continuing education this weekend. I think my subscription to the continuing education platform I use is up soon and I'd like to not have to renew. I should go look at my tracking spreadsheet and see how much I have left...

OK, off to get more coffee and see if I can motivate myself to do something useful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you. I am really loving my earrings. My hair is so long I was able to pull it back with barrettes so i could see them today.

Oh not to getting a blister and sunburn. An old wives tale that works great on blisters is rub some wet bar soap on it and let it dry; it dries the blister up that day. I used to usher at our local rodeo and we had to wear cowboy boots - trust me that trick saved me that week.

Did you take Billy Ray for a drive? We are taking my car out tomorrow to run through the car wash.

Sounds like you'll have the day or weekend to yourself next week. I need an oil change but have no desire to venture down to Colorado yet; they have a lot of active cases.

I do see the Chicago mayor on TV quite a bit; yes I'd be surprised if you go back to work even in July. That is scary both ways - virus and economic.

Good idea to finish your CE before you have to renew access to their platform. I'm a spender but I'm also cheap. I've got a few hundred dollars worth of stuff in my cart right now at Williams Sonoma; I was nice and waited to see if Marty wants anything. I am ordering 2 more sets of our silverware (I've lost 2 spoons), they have matching steak knives that i thought I'd get and I love their pot holders.

I had a wonderful day. i was let out of prison on dubious good behavior. We had lunch at a real restaurant, then walked around our botanic gardens, got the pickup washed and now Marty is napping. i ate so much i kind of have a stomach ache. I had a large chicken finger, fries, raw veggies and a 6 oz filet. I polished off 2 glasses of wine and we split a Creme Brulee.

I spent my first 2 hours today taking pictures of my earrings since the sun was shining. Those diamonds are fireballs.

Take care.
Curby out on parole

A few pictures from the park
IMG_3220.JPG IMG_1355.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I did take Billy Ray out yesterday! I went over to the grocery store parking lot, turned around and headed back toward the house, hopped on the highway for one exit, headed toward the house again, got actually to the end of TR's street -- even had my turn signal on -- and said "why?" and kept on going for another lap! It was the high point of my day.

I did actually go for a walk yesterday morning and the weather was perfect for it. I crossed a busy street (although I was super careful) and went into another neighborhood, just for variety. There are some really pretty houses around here and it's a little hilly so the walks aren't tooooo boring. Plus I listen to audio books to keep me entertained.

Good thing I got the drive in Billy Ray and a nice walk done yesterday because today the weather is pants. Rainy and much cooler. I might try the elliptical in the basement if I get super motivated but we'll see.

On Friday the kids decided to build an ant colony with an empty water bottle and some "food" (i.e., the white stuff out of an oreo. I guess things were going "well" (whatever that means in this context) until the dogs discovered the whole experiment and went over and tried to get the food. What they ended up getting was covered in ants. The little one then came inside, run upstairs under one of the kid's beds and rolled around trying to get the ants off. Needless to say there was then some dog washing and a trip to Menard's to get ant traps. Oy.

TR is making a rump roast for lunch. He's got it out on the counter coming to room temperature before he puts it in the oven.

I think I'm going to go down the path of come CE today. Might as well get it done...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Kids!

Dee Jay, yay for taking Billy Ray out for a spin. It's such a treat. That's great to have a nice change of scenery on your walks. Good idea to listen to a book while walking. I haven't tried audio books yet; i worry my mind would wander too much.

Darn for pants weather today; our rainy weather probably moved your way. it's nice here today. i cranked on the AC already.

Oh no to the ant colony disaster especially that the little dog brought some in to the house. Hopefully the ant traps takes care of the ones that are in the house.

Enjoy your rump roast today. We are have a grilled tenderloin roast for dinner today. I can hardly wait.

I slept in a bit, the read crap on my iPad mini for a while, took a shower, made a Marcy McMuffin for breakfast, took care of my new Whiteflash documents, did dishes and started laundry. Such an exciting day.

I might see when i can get a takeout order from the grocery store.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I worry about being distracted walking with an audio book too, but I am SUPER careful at every intersection (keep in mind there's only one real street to cross here and I can see about a mile in each direction) and I only put one earbud in so I can still hear what's going on around me pretty well. If TR calls you though and tells you I was hit by a car because I carelessly walked right in front of it while I was listening to a serial killer story you'll know I was wrong! :lol:

Yesterday I finished a course that gave me 21 hours of CE. I almost feel bad -- it was about personal investing and I realized once I went through the final exam questions (which I always do before I read the material so I keep an eye out for what they're asking) that I could answer about three quarters of them off the top of my head and could make an educated guess on the rest. I did look some things up because if you don't get a certain score (70, 75, 80... ?) you have to do it again, but it only took me a few hours to complete the whole course. I also found some info on the state's website about the CE requirements that lead me to believe I can do a lot more non-live stuff that was previously permitted. If I'm efficient I should be able to do everything by July 16 when my subscription runs out and then I'll be set until the renewal in September 2021.

Yesterday TR was talking with his brother about the upcoming graduation party for his niece that was supposed to be next week, but it's been pushed back to late June. Apparently there was a little note enclosed with the invitations (which were pre-printed a while ago) and it must have gotten stuck the envelope or fell out and thrown away or something. I'm glad because I didn't plan on going to some big gathering next week and I didn't want to have to have the conversation about why I wasn't. Maybe by June things will be a little more settled.

Got my 10K steps in this morning because our weather looks iffy for the rest of the day. The blister on my little toe didn't bother me until around 8K steps so I just kept on going at that point. Honestly, I can't figure out if it's still filled with fluid and just really deep, or if it's simply sore from all the walking. I guess time will tell!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I’m glad you’re getting out with Billy Ray! I got an email from BMW yesterday reminding me that my SUV needs to feel the wind in its grille, so we took it for a spin. I haven’t brought myself to sign up for any CE classes yet, and this would have been the perfect time! I can’t do audio books. I think I have attention span issues, plus I like to hear outdoor sounds. Unless it’s power equipment of course. Our roads are way tux curvy and hilly, so you’ve got to listen for traffic!

marcy- I LOVE the earrings. Perfect match for your pendant. I like lever backs much better, too. You went to a real restaurant and actually ate there? That’s exciting! We still can’t do that yet. I’m in the county with the highest number of positives in the state and the second highest number of deaths by one. Our county (don’t laugh) has 194,000 people with 207 cumulative cases and 16 deaths. When you do that math... well, I’m ready to get out. Your botanical garden pics are gorgeous! I’m hoping we can visit the botanical gardens in the OBX when we go next month.

Last week got away from me somehow, and I don’t know how! Every day is work, park/trail, dinner, Netflix, bed. I have decided I am going to request to be in the first or second wave back to work. I need to get back to the office for my mental health! We still don’t have word on when the office can reopen, but the director thinks possibly June 1. I had a keratin treatment on Saturday. I was the first appointment of the day and the only person there, so it didn’t worry me. My hair is super straight and a few shades lighter with those darn streaks that don’t take color even lighter. One of my neighbors saw me walking today, and she ran out and asked what I had done to my hair and she wanted my lady’s number. Im going to take that as a compliment. I’m off to watch Netflix. I’m on season 4 of Nurse Jackie. That show is so wrong. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I definitely don't want TR to call me and tell me something bad happened to you. I always use only one earbud too when I'm walking. Marty might call some day asking if you want some teddy bears. It may or may not be related to my demise. :lol: The distraction I worry about listening to audio books is my mind would wander and I'd miss something in the book; like when I'm watching TV - I have to back it up all the time because I'm like what did I miss? Of course I could back up the book as well.

That's great you got your 10K steps in today; sorry to hear that blister is still bothering you. Are you recovered from your other crash and boom injuries? When we were walking around the park the other day I was paying attention to the uneven sidewalk and paths we were on thinking I didn't want to be the next one to report a face plant. I lifted this afternoon. I'm up to lifting 107 pounds.

That's awesome you can breeze through the CE courses instead of spending the entire time online. You'll be able to ace all those courses by mid July. When I have to take online courses for work I opt for closed captioning instead of audio because I can click through it quicker.

I am glad to hear TR's niece moved her graduation party to late June. I think by then we'll know if it was okay to venture back out in the world or not. I remain optimistic. Our local schools are looking in to using the big Cheyenne Frontier Days arena and stand for graduations. It's outside of course and you can easily social distance between families.

I didn't hit my snooze alarm this morning and logged in 5 minutes early. Woo hoo!!! The employee who quit on Friday was one of a 2 person team. The other team member decided to go on vacation for a week in 3 weeks. I'd best get myself refreshed on doing their work.

Marty has been at the gym all day. I had a BLT for lunch and a burger for supper. Followed by another mini cheesecake.

My ruby ring arrives tomorrow. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee! Yes you definitely need to be able to hear things where you walk. I always use only one earbud but I'd had cars so quiet I didn't hear them. I would have the same attention problem as you with audio books.

Yes, it was nice and rather exciting to eat out in a restaurant. Marty must have eaten at his favorite breakfast burrito place today; I follow his exploits with his debit card. I hope they open up for you there soon. I don't want anyone to die but the numbers and percentages don't seem to match the dire predictions we heard. As I mentioned to Dee Jay I guess we'll know soon enough if getting back out was a mistake or not. I know people are getting restless.

Thank you for the compliments on my earrings. I really like them. I totally enjoyed getting out and taking pictures of some green things too. Thank you.

Good idea to get on the list of first to go back in the office. I wish they'd let us go back to work soon too. I asked my boss today and he hasn't heard a thing yet. My guess is they are weighing the cost of cleaning and moving things around versus waiting to see how necessary it is.

Your hair sounds great and i would take that as a compliment. I sure need a hair cut. I've been going to the JC Penney's salon and I think they might have closed that store permanently because they filed bankruptcy. I might have to find somewhere else.

Glad you are enjoying Nurse Jackie. Speaking of wrong have either of you watched the old program Fernwood Tonight or America Tonight? It had Martin Mull and Fred Willard doing a "talk show" that I found totally hysterical. Fred Willard passed away so I watched a few episodes on YouTube today. It was so stupid and wrong but also quite funny. Not for the easily offended though.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Tuesday. I swear I have the worst time keeping track of what day it is.

i did get up when my alarm went off so I actually went to work on time. Our sheets from Tommy Bahamas showed up so I washed them and our blanket so we will hopefully feel like we are sleeping on some tropical island tonight. Ha Ha. My ring arrived. Right now it only fits my left hand but my RHR's are a bit tight now anyway. My ring size varies depending on time of year mostly because of heat or cold. I tried on my emerald band and it was snug as well. i can crank up the AC that will chill me right up.

My sister dropped by with 6 dozen eggs; we had over 4 dozen so Marty ran some eggs by a friend of ours house on his way to the gym. We don't need 10 dozen eggs. They are good fresh from the farm though.

We had corn on the cob and a grilled filet for lunch. I'm starving now but think I'll have some leftover spaghetti and make myself a piece of garlic bread with it.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

1589929313147.png

1589929366390.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-good choice with the band! I love it! I couldn’t decide between it or the other ruby band. See why I never buy anything? I’m too indecisive. Our credit card is tied to Matt’s email. I ate at a Thai food place for lunch and they had one of those machines where it just emails the receipt. He texted me halfway through lunch and asked how my pad Thai with medium spice was. Freaked me out for a second! Let me know if sleeping on your new sheets makes you feel like you’re on a tropical island. If so, I’ll have to invest in some! I’ll have to check into the shows you mentioned. I am not easily offended most of the time. I used to say that I am offended by people who are too easily offended!

It rained all day, and I slept in this morning and was late getting to my office down the hall. Extra sleep felt nice. After work we made a Walmart run for groceries. How on earth did we spend $400? Sheesh! My cloth mask was easier to breathe in than the other masks, so that was good. I don’t understand how people can't follow the giant green arrows on the floor for one-way shopping.They are still limiting the number of people inside and there was a line to get in when we came out. Still pretty hard to get used to. The only thing I couldn’t find was a big barrel curling iron. I haven’t used a curling iron in a long time, and mine fell apart when I plugged it in today. Every time I get my hair straightened, I’m dragging a curling iron out because my hair is too straight! When I opened the middle cabinet doors on my vanity to look for the I’ll-fated curling iron, half the stuff fell out onto my foot. I ended up getting my vanity organized tonight. Accomplishment! We took a few short walks in the rain today. My knee has been bothering me lately. I think it’s an old injury that I have kept under control with regular exercise. Now that I’m not taking long walks every single day, it’s acting up. I need to get that sucker back under control. Have a great Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, that's awesome that your hair looks so good! Your neighbor bolting out to tell you so is definite proof! I have gone to the wash-every-third-day routine. Now that my hair is long enough to put in a ponytail the last two days look just fine, LOL.

Curby, I LOVE your band! I wasn't sure from the stock picture but on your hand it's gorgeous! I would really like to have one with emeralds; they would look like little leaves... hmmm... maybe you should text me a link to that store... !

Yesterday was nothing short of a clusterfvck. I spent FIFTEEN SOLID HOURS getting my head around just the PROCESS of doing the regulatory filing, never mind the angst that will go with getting the actual info required. Then then the filing itself... O...M...G... Just kill me now.

TR has a bad habit of falling asleep on the couch and then never coming to bed. (I think I'm mentioned this before maybe... ?) Anyway, this morning I got MAD about it. (Really I was probably mad about the filing, but TR took the brunt of it, ha ha.) Well nothing fuels an early morning walk like a little rage, so I got my 10K steps in by a little after nine! I don't think I took 100 steps yesterday though. Ugh.

OK, off to the shower and then to try to get some OTHER work done aside from this filing. I have a standing call with my boss at 2 pm on Wednesdays and I'm going to have a LIST. He is NOT going to be happy.

Boy -- I am the Queen of CAPS today! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, thank you. I am quite pleased with the band. I am sad it is so tight on my right hand though. Too funny Matt got notified about your lunch. I accused Marty of having an app that notified him when I walked in to a jewelry store. I did find the sheets cool and comfortable. I’ve been buying the higher thread count and we both get too warm sleeping; these are 200 thread count so Marty said they would probably be cooler so I thought why not try them. I totally convinced myself I was on a tropical vacation but of course Marcyland often isn’t based on reality. Glad to hear you are not easily offended. I often say I am impressed if someone can offend me.

It’s not hard to spend that much money in a store anymore. I think we were over $500 the day we went to Sams Club; we checked out separately because we were being hoarders of the 1 each items. It is hard getting used to lines, limits and one way isles. My sister lives in the Denver area and tried to get in to Joann’s Fabrics and said she didn’t need anything that bad and went home. Sorry your knee is bothering you; I hope walking helps it.

Dee Jay, nice you are doing a ponytail. I sure want a hair cut but I can finally pull it up or back which is nice.

Thank you; I like the band better than I thought I would. I picked iit because it is so different. Replacing the rubies with emeralds would look fabulous. I got it from the Shane Company. It fits my left hand great; but tight on my right hand ring. It’s a bit much with my diamond ring. I’m going to have to suck it up and either mail it in for sizing or venture to Denver. I even cranked up the AC to cooler hoping I’d get cold enough my fingers would shrink; I definitely wear a smaller size ring in the winter.

That regulatory filing sounds like a major PITA for you. I hope it’s smooth sailing after you get going on it.

Too bad TR caught the brunt of your angst this morning. If Marty falls asleep on the couch I’ll just wake Marty up and tell him to go to bed. Which is not always a good idea because then he can’t fall asleep again. A bit of anger does help motivate a nice, long morning walk though. I get things done way more quickly if I am agitated.

How did your boss like your long list? My boss has hardly talked to me since we’ve been working from home. I have enjoyed that too.

I hit my snooze button this morning so was still getting dressed while logging in and answering chats. It is going to suck when I have to get up earlier and go back to work.

Marty didn’t feel like he was on a tropical island last night. He slept 2 hours and then couldn’t go back to sleep. He ventured over to a guest bedroom eventually and said he never really slept. Poor guy has horrible insomnia and quite irritated by it so asking questions or offering suggestions don’t go over well. He at least zip tied the umbrella on our deck that is dancing, weaving and making me nervous in the wind. I can see just that right gust picking it up and hurling it through our picture window right behind my head. Then Marty would be giving away my bears and selling my bling.

We have severe thunderstorm warnings for here tonight. I thought of running to Culvers for supper. Naturally I need some frozen custard.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I just scrolled through all the gemstone rings on the Shane site. I didn't see one like yours with green stones, but there is a blue sapphire and diamond band that I think is very pretty. My boss is a big fan of the weekly zoom happy hour. That call is usually on Wednesdays at 5 pm and my standing weekly call with him his also on Wednesday afternoons. That's a whole lotta boss on a Wednesday!

I had a strange burst of motivation early this morning so I went to the grocery store today instead of tomorrow, which is when I planned on going. The usual $200 bill. What are we eating?! Then I came home and walked the rest of my 10K steps (I counted the steps that I walked in the store as part of my total for the day -- is that cheating?!) and took a quick shower in time to log into a four hour CE webinar. I've got three more things for work that I should get done today. I guess I could take a crack at those this afternoon...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sadly Shane Co does not sell emeralds; probably because of the lifetime warranty. That is why they don't carry watches either. They recently started having a few tsavorite garnets. I have a sapphire diamond band from them I really like.

That is a lot of boss meetings in one afternoon. Marty's team does a weekly happy hour; it's at 1 pm on Friday.

Good idea to go shopping today; of course there won't be the usual holiday weekend crowd tomorrow; most of us can't go anywhere. Of course those steps count towards your 10K. Nice to be so motivated this morning.

You'll get through all of your CE hours by July. Sweet.

i hit snooze alarm but only one time so I made it to work on time. Good and bad news there - I guess I am going back to the office on the 28th. We have to wear a mask whenever we are away from out desk. I am both excited and sad to go back to the office. I ordered myself some thin disposable gloves to use for the elevator; just throw them away after one use.

I played card today with a friend of mine during lunch; she creamed me. Marty grilled some steaks for us and made rice and veggies.

We had cool clouds and lightning last night but the rain and hail hit east of here. I enjoyed a nice lightning show.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, there are no disposable gloves to be found here but I came across a ziplock baggie of them that the CB must have left behind. He was a plumber and very good about wearing them when doing nasty stuff -- good plumbers are clean folk! So I have a few, but I'm saving them in case of emergency. In situations where I want to wear some I have a bunch of fleece ones I got a like Walmart or something and I just take them off and put them in a gallon ziplock bag after the one use and can then dump them right in the washing machine. I keep a bunch of them ready to go so I can even take a few pairs with me if needed. Just an idea if you don't have a giant sock of rubber gloves.

Yesterday we ordered dinner from a local place that we used to go to alot. It was $54 for a salad with grilled salmon and a chicken and mushroom crepe. Good, but seemed expensive LOL. Before, with wine, it would be $75 or more, but now I'm like -- wait! I just spent $200 at the store for food for two weeks and this was $54 for one meal?! I wonder how many people are going to come out of this with the same thought about eating out, for a while anyway.

Today I'm going for an early walk, taking a quick shower, and then logging in for a two hour CE webinar. At least I think I am... the system says I'm signed up but the confirmation never came through on email so we'll see. If that works out I'll only have two more four hours webinars and then I'll be DONE! While that's going on I want to pack up my car because I think we're going downtown this weekend for a bit. The ferals will be here so I guess they'll have to go too, but I want TR to switch out some lights in my dining room nook and hang the art above my bed. I've also got some curtain rods for the bedroom, but those might have to wait. Not sure what his patience level will be for projects, especially with the ferals there. If we can get the lights and the artwork done though I'd be thrilled! I'd also like to decamp for a few days. The ferals are going back on their regular 50% here, 50% with their mother schedule and I just don't feel like fighting for internet bandwidth so I can get my job done. TR was deeply offended when I told him I might start going downtown for the work days that the kids are here. Whatever. I can't please everyone and right now I'm most concerned about pleasing the guy who signs my paycheck!

OK, off to trek the streets in search of 10K steps!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you found some gloves that CB left behind. I ordered my new stash off Amazon. They are really thin but will work for ATM machines, gas fuel pumps, doors and elevators. I must admit prior to the pandemic I always had an "ewe" reaction touching those things anyway being the OCD person that I am. Marty has been using the thin gloves to clean his gym and equipment. Did you see the CDC at some point recently revised their website saying it's not likely you can catch the virus from touching surfaces? IMO that is huge news but hardly being reported. Good idea to have gloves ready you can use and wash right away. I do the same thing; I wish I hadn't thrown away most of my little stretchy gloves because they would be handy now. I am thinking of making some masks with yarn and paper towels to take to work - mostly to put on when I get up to go to the bathroom or printer.

It certainly is cheaper to eat at home but I enjoy going out a few times a week. Even getting take out like you said is cheaper because we don't have wine and dessert which about doubles the bill. I think the economic hardships that so many millions are facing will definitely hurt restaurants - those that reopen anyway. The few that have opened here with reduced capacity are mostly empty, yet the bars that have opened have been full.

You have a busy day with getting in 10K steps, packing and taking some CE courses. I would agree having reliable bandwidth to do your job remotely is important. I know one of my employees doesn't have high speed internet and he has an awful time plus his wife is working from home and he has 2 kids hogging bandwidth like kids tend to do. Plus you can drive Billy Ray!

So much for working my way back to getting up at 6 am; I snoozed my alarm multiple times today and diidn't get up until 7. I have less than a week left to sleep in. i am kind of glad and sad about going back to the office next week. I will miss being able to do dishes, laundry and lifting during breaks.

Have a great day.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-heck yes, eating out is expensive! Until we adopted Lily, we ate out every single night. The first 14 years of our marriage. When she came to us, we wanted to go home in the evenings instead of stopping on the way home during our hour commute to eat. She saved us a bunch of money over the years plus she makes us get out and take walks. Win win. We ran a few errands at lunch today (Lily tagged along) and stopped for subs to go. 2 subs, 1 order of fries and 2 teas cost $29 before tip. That seems like a lot! I have been reading and responding to an IRS compliance audit of one of our public retirement systems the last two days. Tell me that’s not the kind of compliance stuff you work on! Lord, I wanted to run out into traffic.

Marcy-you’re going back to the office next week? Are you nervous? Good idea to start preparing to get yourself up earlier. I need to start doing that too. I normally get up at 6:15, but I’ve been slacking and getting up at 7:50 since my commute down the hall is light. I just have to get around 3 cats and a dog, and I’m there. It’s been handy to be able to throw in a load of laundry during the day. I do need to get back to work and to my normal routine. We heavily utilize a search engine at work that can’t be accessed remotely. I am thinking about going in a day or two just to get access to that site to clear up a backlog. Our director is thinking we won’t start coming back until mid-June, with the whole office being back by the end of July. Are you enjoying your new jewelry?

Big day yesterday! I went to the eye doctor for the weirdest visit ever. The doors were locked, and I had to wait outside for someone to come out and take my temperature, and then I had to sign a form answering those Covid questions before even walking inside. No stopping in the waiting room! The exam was awkward because it’s hard to do an eye exam in a mask. The stupid machines kept fogging up and my eye dr was trying really hard to not get up in my face. Kinda hard when it’s your eyes! I injured my left eye several years ago, and I struggle with my vision because it isn’t entirely correctable. This was my 4th visit in 2020. My eye dr and I are big buds now. We had a big girlie chit chat yesterday. And in exciting news, my jeweler called this morning to tell me he was back open and my earrings and bracelet were ready. Yay! We hopped in the car to run a little errand at lunch time. The lady at the jewelry store talked my ear off. I think people are just so happy to see people. And it’s really weird to go into a jewelry store wearing a mask. Good thing I break a lot of stuff and am a frequent visitor.

We’re heading to KY tomorrow for an outdoor family get together. I haven’t seen anyone since the first weekend in March. I could cry. We’ll be super careful, keep distance, and stay outside. Have a great weekend!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The yellow gold pair is really old. You have to feed them through the back of your ear, and they close in the front. The diamonds are really sparkly, and I can’t get a good picture to show how pretty they are in person. They are ear bobs, so they sit just below my earlobe. I love them. The flower pair is in platinum, and I love them too. They were a birthday present from Matt. My bracelet is a tennis bracelet, so nothing terribly exciting there. They’ve been gone so long, it’s like they’re brand new!
1D13AF12-B6D7-4265-AD78-38A1355DB52C.jpeg 95B48CC5-AB31-4A42-89D9-1C35B5359BFF.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee; I love your earrings. Both of them are fabulous. I bet they are real sparklers on your ears. It is nice to get "new" jewelry.

Please don't run out in to traffic; that might hurt. Almost any government document is way more complicated than it has to be.

I am not nervous to go back to work just can't say I'm thrilled. It will be nice to change scenery but I'll miss the convenience of being home. Good idea to go in when a lot of people aren't around the search engine in the office. Are you nervous about going back? Sounds like you won't be going back for a while.

I am enjoying my earrings and ring. i finally decided I'd take my band to Kays and get it sized by them; sadly they are "closed" right now at our mall. i think I'll email the store I bought it from today asking if they'll send me a prepaid box to send it back to them for sizing. They can no more than say no. My earrings luckily fit just fine.

Your eye doctor visit sounds like quite a process to get in the door. From what I understand our dentist is running things the same way. Sorry about your eye; my left eye isn't good either and i need to get in for my annual exam. It's nice though you are friendly with your eye doctor. Ours is so chatty I feel like he is more interested in visiting than paying attention to my eyes.

I hope you had a nice time visiting the family today.

Not much going on here today. Parts of Wyoming had snow overnight and today. We are just cool and cloudy. Thunderstorms could develop this afternoon though. I have my last load of laundry in the dryer, called my cousin in Michigan to see how they were doing and watched a movie. Such excitement.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday!

Not much exciting going on with us. Marty made french toast, bacon and eggs for us for breakfast. I put a small roast in the crock pot for supper. I have a loaf of bread baking now; it is starting to smell really good. I think my lunch with be fresh baked bread. Ha! It's chilly and rainy here today.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results