shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle Tread April 19 - 25

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
yay - I''m glad you passed the test Somethingshiny :)
and poor JT - that''s gotta be a hard adjustment for a little one to make

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We are getting a lot of rain today. My grass is sure green. Work was not too bad today; tomorrow will be hectic with some late updates but I see our work slowing down for awhile. I’ll enjoy that for a day or two then get bored.
We bought fast food tacos on the way home tonight. Thursday is our night out but since it was raining so hard we just went through a drive up near our house.
Pinki, yay for cleaning the house. I have been working on laundry this week so I won’t have so much on the weekend. We are pretty chilly here too and it does not inspire me to go outside much either. Your supper sounds good. Have fun at your Party Lite party. I love how good their candles smell. I agree the Boy Scout popcorn is pricey but since we don’t eat it too often (sorry Maevie) I don’t mind buying some.
Maevie, is girl guide something like the girl scouts? Do they have thin mints?
Somethingshiny, glad you passed your glucose test. Too funny JT suggested the baby sleep in the basement.
Take it easy. Only one more day till the weekend. Woo hoo!
Marcy
35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Almost Friday!
Another pretty uneventful day here. Work was ok. We found out that the "big guys" made a mistake and now we have to fix it. Oof. But, not that bad and I''m almost done with the corrections. Hubs and I are a one car family, and he works about 2 miles from our apt. He gets off work fairly late (late enough to not want to walk, and late enough for me to be in bed, or very close). So, I drove the car to the restaurant and ran back to the house, adding some miles to the 2. It worked out great! I did some weights and abs. I made tacos for dinner.

Marcy- I did not see any hail, but the sky has been very gray and it''s been raining off and on. The mtns are suppose to get hit w/ a snowstorm, but very doubtful we''ll see the snow in the city. Can you eat fish? It must be so hard to go out to eat w/ so many diet restrictions.

Lisa- Sounds like you had a great workout! I''m a mushroom nut too! Yum! And your soup sounds TDF!! I''ll have hubs make it for me one Sunday or Monday!
2.gif

pinki- Have fun with your friend, and the wine!

SS- So happy to hear you passed your glucose test! How old is JT?

Maevie- No popcorn??
2.gif
And raspberry bushes too? maaaan! Lucky! Do you have thin mints up there? So good, even though I haven''t had one in ages.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi Marcy - girl guides and girl scouts are the same thing yup :) their cookies are delish! The thin mints are good, but my favourites are the classic vanilla and chocolate cookies!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Ok - accountability post time

Thursday is my weird work hours day so my eats are always a bit strange.

breakfast: apple crisp, glass of orange juice
snack: none
lunch: whole wheat soda crackers with old cheddar cheese, small glass of milk
snack: another! small portion of apple crisp (I brought apple crisp to work for my colleagues and had to eat with them!)
supper: 3 mini oranges, handful of pecans, yogurt, carrots, soda crackers with peanut butter
snack: M&Ms (again - damn colleagues - she poured them into my hand and then watched me). I had no choice! but I broke my chocolate rule
7.gif

exercise:
35 minute walk

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Last night was fun, it went from just wine to Cheese Pizza and wine, so I was a little naughty, but it was cheese pizza from our favorite local italian spot and worth every calorie. I also convinced her to meet me and Kaitlyn at the gym this morning and she did!!! She took Fab Abs with us and it was secretly fun listening to her grunt and pant. I always thought Liz was in extremely good shape, she played college vollyball and still coaches at her old university so it just made me feel good that while I don''t look as fit as she does the class isn''t that hard for me!

I was also excited because a woman who I had never talked to but see every day at the gym came up to me and my friend Kaitlyn (my work out buddy) and told us that we look amazing and that we''re melting away. It felt sooooooooooo good, and even kept me from getting my Friday Bagel because I didn''t want to mess up that feeling of a stranger complimenting me! Hehehehe.

PartyLite is tonight, food is all made, and wine is ready to be poured so I''m looking forward to a night with my girlfriends. This weekend is our neice''s 3rd birthday (we''re getting her a kitten at her mom''s request, so we''re totally going to be the gift giving rockstars) and then Sunday I''m going to go on a hike at some bluffs on the west side of Wisconsin if the weather cooperates.

Shiny - I laughed out loud at JT''s suggestion, so freaking cute!!!! I adore when they say cute stuff like that. YAY to you for passing your test - you must have studied hard
2.gif

Marcy - I loathe laundry. I make Kyle do it all...his chores are the worst: Laundry, Kitty Litter and Dog Poo. Poor guy, he must really love me for putting up with those chores. LOL. I am a huge PartyLite addict. I don''t buy many of their holders, but I just get the wax. They are the only candles that don''t leave soot on my walls, and I am a candle burning freak. I burn every single day. I have a super sniffer and with a Mastiff and a Cat I''m always worried about pet odors. I had a party in October and I got 174 votives for free for the wedding. WOWSA!!!!

BeachRunner - I''m so jealous you''re a 1 car family. I would love to be a 1 or no car family, but Kyle is a car freak so he has 3 and I hate it. Thank goodness he rents out a garage so that we don''t look like Hillbillies with cars all over the place. I car pool to work so I rarely drive.

Maevie - Glad you got to go for a walk yesterday! OOh, thin mints. I got a Thin Mint blizzard at Dairy Queen a couple months ago and had it in the freezer to eat a bite when I wanted something bad. YUMMM...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was all freaked because gained 5lbs in 2 weeks. Now, I''ve lost 3lbs in 4 days. This kooky water weight is irritating. I''m just going to stop weighing myself all together. I''m making my lovely 500 cal nachos tomorrow night and I''m already looking forward to it! Although, I did send DH to the store today for some chocolate. He came home with m&ms and peanut butter cups. Now I have to make sure I don''t inhale them!

JT (he''s 4, beachrunner) is being very sweet to the belly today. He is cuddling and kissing it. So funny how kids'' minds change so quickly. I made brownies yesterday. He got to eat one after preschool today and apparently enjoyed it because then he came up to me and said "can I have another brownie just in case?" Just in case? Just in case what?? lol

Getting an estimate to replace some windows today. Starting on the baby''s room tomorrow.

Have a great weekend all!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.We woke up to blowing snow this morning.I think there was about 3 inches on the bushes but the sidewalk and driveway only had about 2 inches of snow on it.I made homemade biscuits, bacon and eggs for breakfast.I only ate 1 egg and 1 piece of bacon but those homemade biscuits were too darned good not to have a second one.For lunch I made homemade beef noodle soup and corn bread.That stuff is so filling I am still full.We did have a bowl of slow churned ice cream awhile ago.

I ventured out to the post office and the grocery store but stayed in my sweats all day and the only things I did productive was cook and do dishes plus grade papers.

Marty sat up auto tune timers for all PGA events – every time one of them switches I tell him his golf is on and he keeps reading so I finally went back and asked him if he wanted to watch them of not.He just sat the time up for the fun of it.I deleted that baby.It kept interrupting my movies.

Beach Runner, glad to hear the mistakes at work are almost fixed.I hate when that happens.That will work well dropping off the car and getting in an extra run in the evenings.My dad is quite allergic to fish so we never had it at home and I have many of the same allergies as he does so I just have never tried eating fish.I do have problems going out to restaurants that have “flavor” as Marty calls them.

Maevie, I picked up some of the Girl Scout thin mint slow churned ice cream.I will let you know if it’s any good when we try it.

Pinki, your pizza and cheese evening sounds great.What a great compliment to receive from someone at the gym.That is great you get Kyle to do the jobs you hate.I find the buzzer on the dryer to be the most annoying noise in the world!LOL.Sweet to get free candles for your wedding.

Somethingshiny, good call not to watch the scale during your pregnancy.You’ll be going to the doctor and I am sure they’ll have you weigh in there.Too cute that JT is cuddling and kissing your belly.I like the “in case” request on the brownies too.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I hope everyone is doing well. The last few weeks have been a blur. On top of everything else going on, my little Fraidy Cat died. She was my little girl for 15 years. I''ve been in a really blah mood and haven''t eaten enough so I was down 2 more pounds on the scale today. I''m sure it will come back when things get back to normal, and I''m really hoping things will calm down soon.

I thought of you last week Marcy, when I had a temp working for me that had lost 135 pounds. She looked amazing! I bought the book The Spark (I think it''s called). Have you read it? So far it''s pretty inspiring. I couldn''t get enough people to get another WW group going at work, but I think my coworkers are expecting me to organize and lead something for them at lunch one day a week. I have had enough people ask me, so I''m thinking about it. I have a small committee (4 of us) working to try to come up with ideas.

Maive - I think I''d be starving all the time if I ate what you ate every day. I have had to give up popcorn for a while until I get my 2 broken teeth crowned. They broke while I was eating popcorn! My appointment is May 18, so I''m hoping popcorn will be back soon thereafter.

shiny - I loooove peanut butter cups. I have had to learn to resist them because my hubby buys a bag every time we''re at the grocery store!

pinki - you''re doing so well! You deserve a good night out every now and then. I tend to splurge a little when hubby and I go to our favorite Italian place. Have fun on your hike.

beachrunner - I can''t imagine being a 1 car family, but hubby and I do carpool everyday. I only drive when he''s out of town. We keep talking about moving to Charleston because we''re tired of getting stuck on the interstate in the mornings, but we''re too lazy to get our house ready to sell!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. Hugs to you lady. Congratulations to that lady who lost 135 pounds. I have not read the Spark book but I hear it is pretty good. I will have to pick it up. I am with you on popcorn and teeth. I have broke teeth and pulled off crowns on popcorn and sticky candy. Grr.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
We had a lazy day. I made us waffles for BF - I put strawberries on mine with a little lite cool whilp. For lunch I baked a giant potato for us to split and some round steak with tomato and pizza sauce on it. Marty baked some aspargus with seasoning sauce. For supper we each had a piece of leftover pizza.

I went to Target today and wandered the store for awhile. I needed some baby shower gifts and assorted other supplies. They are giving a baby shower at work for 2 different guys that their wives are expecting babies; kind of an odd thing I guess. I work with one of the guys occasionally and the other guy is my 3rd cousin so i got invited to their shower. It will be interesting to see how guys act at a shower.
9.gif

A lady I know in Sparkpeople lost her husband to cancer this weekend. Pretty sad. They just diagnosed it a few months ago. I feel bad for her. They were married 33 years.

We are getting light snow right now.

Take care.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results