Healthy Lifestyle June 21 - 27

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hello all

Marcy - good opener!

I find that if I get too hungry I go off eating track. I also do when I don''t have a lot of time to plan a healthy meal. When I''m stressed, I go off track in a non traditional way... in that I literally don''t eat. Here lately I''ve had a lot of stress... and have been an emotional roller coaster. I''m doing better about eating the past week and a half, but I dropped some unhealthy weight and am not thrilled about it.

I did a lot of walking this weekend, and some sculpting work. I ate mostly healthy though yesterday I had a huge sub. Today it''s fruit and salad and yogurt all day and maybe soup tonight b/c I made lentil and black eyed pea soup and it made a ton of soup.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Marty had a problem at work so we didn’t leave until 6:30. Naturally that means we had fast food. Sigh. I had the ingredients for beef stroganoff using a Cooking Light recipe but it will have to wait until later this week.

I just formed a Race for the Cure team tonight and signed up me and my mom. Hopefully I will get more participants at work than I had last year. I am so excited.

I did walk this afternoon during my break at work. I walk with a friend and we have a nice chat while we are out walking which makes it nice.

Marty is finding all sorts of cool apps on his iPad so then I have to go download them for my iPod. I decided to keep my Nano too because when I go walking I think I will find it handy to have the smaller one.

Dragonfly, sorry to hear you are still having so much stress. It makes it hard to eat healthy and find the motivation to workout. I think I’ll have a sub for lunch tomorrow. Since I don’t have any leftovers I will run down and get one in the morning.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!

I think I get off track when I'm having a bad pain flare up and can't get out and move. After a few days in bed, I always start getting depressed and it's hard for me to make myself get going again. Although since I lost weight, I haven't had multiple days in bed because of pain and I'm thrilled about that! I think a year and a half of walking almost every day is really helping my back and leg.

Marcy - I love the app store! When we're stuck in traffic while commuting to/from work, I usually get on the app store to shop around. Last week I had to put the car in park every single day on the interstate because of wrecks, but I was by myself so I couldn't shop. I don't even get my phone out of my purse when I'm stuck in traffic by myself because I'm afraid I'll get too engrossed in playing with something that I won't notice when traffic starts moving again. Plus I have this thing about cell phones and driving anyway.

drafonfly - sorry you're so stressed. That's tough. I hope things settle down for you soon.

My parents spent the weekend with us, and we had a great time. I had today off (a holiday that I think only State of WV workers appreciate - West Virginia Day!), so Matt took the day off also and we went to the outlets. I got a few pairs of cropped pants and tops for work, and some shorts for walking. I used to dread shopping, and now it's kind of fun. I don't hate trying on clothes anymore! Tomorrow is going to be a really long day because I have a hair appointment after work. I'm considering having the keratin treatment done on my hair because I'm so tired of it looking so crazy when its humid outside, which is every day. Anybody ever had that done? I'll see what my haircut lady thinks. Have a great day everyone!

Little Monster

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,

What derails me from my healthier intentions? Evil people at work who bring in sweets nearly every day. I''m not just talking about the occasional birthday cake, but something every single day. I try to avoid even seeing the stuff (I swear sugar & I have a magnetic relationship), but then girls like bringing it around to offer. I have less than no willpower. It doesn''t seem to matter how hungry I am... I need to work on that!

I''m heading to the gym this afternoon. I''ve been slacking about going, though I just started the intro classes for our local Cross Fit gym, which has been really helpful.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Today was a long day - left the house before 7 this morning and got home after 8:30 this evening. We had grilled chicken, veggies and potatoes for dinner, we took our walk, and I''d love to go to bed now but I have a few other things to do first. Ugh! I have fiduciary training first thing in the morning and then a Board meeting afterward, which will probably last until mid-afternoon. It will be another long day, but at least today I got a lot done and will probably not get anything done tomorrow. Oh well - have a great day tomorrow everyone.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!
Ah, summer is here and it''s hot. I notice a huge difference with the humidity though, of course. It''s a lot easier to run outside (even though I run in the am or later in the day) but I love the low humidity. Monday I got some yoga in and we had pork tenderloin, broc, and cous cous. Today I did 3mi, weights, abs and had some tofu stif-fry for eats. I made a lot so I have leftovers for work tomorrow. We have a meeting so I have to go into the office tomorrow. Boo.

To answer Marcy''s question about bumps in the road: Change is the biggest thing for me. When I got married and moved across the county, it took me about a month to get into the swing of things again. I am really trying to incorporate exercise no matter what my schedule. I don''t really get too off track with eats. I just can''t eat fast food, and if I go out, I am very careful to what I order. Like I''ve always said, moderation is key and I don''t exclude myself pizza, chocolate etc. I just don''t eat them often. Sweets around the office are killer, esp around the holidays, and that''s where I have the biggest problem. I can really feel when my blood sugar gets too low, so I''m always eating something every couple hours, which is a big help when it comes to not overeating.

Marcy- Boredom is another one for me. I''ll drink a lot of water and try and eat some healthy. It doesn''t always work. Have you tried yoga? It can be easily modified for anyone. I love it, and is great for stretching, and it strengthens your core more than you''d think. Awesome forming a race for the cure team. How long/far is the walk and when is it?

Dragonfly- I''m sorry to hear about your tough times lately. It''ll get better! Get yourself healthy!

deegee- Happy Birthday WV! Hehe. What outlets do you shop at in southern WV? I''m glad you and your parents had a wonderful weekend. Did you end up going to the baseball game? I bet it''s hot down there...

little monster- I have those same "evil people" at my work as well. Rough, right? I''ll have half of something and cut myself off. It. is. tough. A friend of mine does Cross Fit and has lost almost 100 pounds. He was pretty overweight and now is training for a marathon. So, I''ve heard wonderful things about Cross-Fit!

Hello to everyone else! Good evening
24.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.We have cheese raviolis for supper and have lots left over for lunches.Marty had a conference call tonight so we had to rush home and get supper on the table.

I was greeted at the door this morning with a new program problem.They loaded up a new program for us to use that didn’t display all required data for us to do our job.I spent quite a bit of time in conference calls today trying to get the worked out.They’ll have a new version for me to test in the morning.Grr.

We went for our afternoon walk today.They cancelled on us for filming out department for the all team meeting.They are coming back tomorrow at noon to film us.At least I have more time to practice my lines.

We went out tonight and bought Marty Windows 7.His current version of Windows is 64 bit and it has compatibility problems a lot so he decided to get the new version of software.

I was just looking tonight at the Sony website and they switched out their pink laptop to a bright pink and black keyboard.I guess I procrastinated too long.Rats.

Deegee, that is so awesome you have not had multiple days in bed for pain since losing weight.What a wonderful reward for your hard work.The app store is wonderful.Good idea to stay off the cell phone when driving.How fun you like to shop for clothes now.

Little Monster, I work for a large company and you don’t have to look far to find sweets.LOL that you and sugar have a magnetic relationship.Good luck passing up some of those goodies.

Beach Runner, it was pretty warm here today too.Low humidity makes it more tolerable.I have heard many people suggest yoga for me; I should look in to it.I love to do stretches.The race for the cure is 5K on August 14th.How wonderful your friend lost 100 pounds.

My dryer is calling . . .

Marcy

pinki

Shiny_Rock
The biggest thing that knocks me off the track is my monthly. I just get so hungry, crave sugar and grease and once I start I can''t stop. I need to learn how to avoid it!

Just wanted to check in quickly, the wedding is Saturday and I''m still running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I can''t wait for this to be over!

Hope everyone has a great week!

XoXo

Cj

appletini

Ideal_Rock
One of my problems is snakcing when I come home from work. This week I bought parmesan goldfish, and only pour myself a handful if I need something to tide me over until dinner.

I also just ordered the Jillian Michaels Master your Metabolism Cookbook so hopefully I really like her recipes. I''ll be reporting back on that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I am so glad this is over the hump day.I spent my day in meetings and going to test fixed versions of our program.I at least got in extra steps that way.We did take our afternoon walk today.

I was up late last night because I wasn’t feeling too well but I knew I had to go in today to test my new program.I got better after lunch then started feeling bad again about 4.I just had a small burger on the grill for supper with a piece of toast.I am feeling okay now.I wonder if there is something in those cheese raviolis I had for supper last night and lunch today that bothers me.Strange.

I filmed my little bit for our company all team meeting and only flubbed about one word.

Pinki, that is always a tough time because of cravings.Good luck Saturday!

Appletini, I love parmesan goldfish!I eat little tomatoes and carrots when I get off work.That cookbook sounds great!

Take care.

Marcy

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I''m working on being more healthy (I''ve been off the wagon for a while now). I have a lot of trouble when I let myself get too hungry. Then I just don''t have the patience to cook something healthy, and I get really tempted to pick up a giant cheeseburger or something.

I also run into problems when I don''t plan out my meals/exercise plans. If I don''t have somewhat of a menu plan (and grocery shop for the week accordingly) I just get kind of lazy, and become more likely to eat unhealthily. And if I don''t plan workouts, I usually don''t do them.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I just thought I''d share... I had a breakthrough! I actually made my lower abs Sore!!!!! I WORKED THEM lol. I''m going to repeat the routine I did tonight. It was a combination of sculpting moves with some jumping jacks, and used weights and twists to help work my abs. YAY!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I had a Rod “uber” long day.At least Thursday is our date night so I had some wine with very little spaghetti for supper.I love to order spaghetti and meatballs for supper – there is always plenty left for both of our lunches the next day.

I did go for my afternoon walk.My friend and I that walk were both kind of fried so we didn’t chat as much as we usually do but it was still nice to get away from our desks.

I talked to my niece’s future MIL tonight – we are giving my niece a bridal shower this weekend so wanted to get with her since we are having the shower at their house.She sounds quite nice.

I got a call from work at 5:30 this morning from my newest employee with a problem she had to go in and fix.After that I could not go back to sleep so I had a short night but did actually sleep pretty well for about 5 plus hours.Woo hoo!

On the way home I noticed weeds on the side of the road are over about 2 feet so no wonder my allergies are pegged.I like to tell my allergy doctor I don’t come in for shots because I thought I was cured.They just laugh.

Hi Merilenda!It is good to see you here.I find it really helps me to plan out my meals and buy just the food I need for the week.My poor husband sure had time adjusting to less snacks in the house but it sure helped me.Before I go grocery shopping I figure out meals for the week and buy just what I need.I always have boxed mac and cheese or frozen burgers to fix if I run late or out of food.

Dragonfly, yay for making your abs sore.I noticed today that walking everyday is starting to work on some of my leg muscles.Woo hoo for our progress.

Well, I have to go call my MIL.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Almost Friday!
Let''s see, Wednesday I got in 6 miles. It was hot. I had tilapia and broc for eats. Today I came home and did my weight training and abs, and ate a taco for dinner. After it digested, I ran 3 miles. It was still hot, blah. I''ll probably have an apple and some PB in a minute. Right now I''m enjoying some ice water w/ lemon. Soo refreshing!

Tomorrow I get to work from home, and it''s my SRD. I''ll still do yoga.

Aw, so this morning I woke up to a note from my husband. He noticed I didn''t have any lunch made, so he cut up some turkey, pickle, and pepper, and packed it for my lunch. He cut up some strawberries, and packed one Oreo for dessert. Soo cute! AND, I got in the car this morning, and there was a big note that said "I <3 you. Have a good day!" It''s the little things that make my heart melt. Really.
30.gif

marcy- Sorry to hear the raviolis may have made you sick. Ick. If you love stretching, you''ll really love yoga. Really! Try it out!

pinki- Saturday!?!
32.gif
Congrats!! I want photos after your a Mrs.! That''s what I said during the week prior to my wedding; "I can''t wait for this to be over!"

apple- That''s also I problem for me too.

Hi merilenda! Sounds like you really need to plan your eats and workouts! Whatever works, right?

dragonfly- I LOVE sore abs! Oh man! After a good yoga workout, I can feel that my core is sore.

I hope everyone has a good evening!
24.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, I can''t imagine running that far in this heat. I was quite warm after my walk this afternoon. It was probably near 85 or 90 when we were outside this afternoon. My MIL say it was 111 today in Arizona. I think I will look in to yoga. I love stretching!

I just talked to my MIL. I''d sent her a link to the race for the cure and she made a donation to me instead of joining the team. I was going to donate some money from Marty so I''ll just send her a check to pay for her registration. I felt bad. I know it''s to raise money but I hate to hit up my friends and family for donations.

Bye!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! No workout last night, just some jumping jacks. I ate really light yesterday and had a good southern dinner. Not a lot to share here lol. I''m planning on getting in some yoga, walking and more sculpting this weekend, and lots of farm fresh veggies and fruits. I''m going to buy some local honey too. mmmm.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did the Jillian Michael''s yoga meltdown 1 this morning followed by a 30 mintue walk. The yoga video was tough, especially since I havne''t done much real exercise in a long time. Also I''m so excited to be wearing my contacts again!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did the Jillian quick trouble zones video this morning, the first strengh workout I''ve done is over 2 months and wow it was tougher than I remembered...my 5 lb weights felt so heavy but I know that soon I''ll be back up to speed so I refuse to go out and buy 3s. After the video I went for a 30 min walk followed by about an hour of gardening, so definitely got a lot of activity today.

Tomorrow I''m going to the pool while DH is hitting golf balls so I might try to do some sort of water aerobics workout while I''m there, hopefully there won''t be too many kids in my way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I stayed up too late last night watching some things on our DVR then got up about 5:30 when Marty – he got up that early for a 6:30 tee time.I took my shower and went to the grocery store bright and early.Even though the store wasn’t as busy that early they only had one cashier so I still waited in line for quite awhile.

After taking care of the groceries I ran the rest of my morning errands and Marty called me when I was on the way home so we met and split a small pizza.

This afternoon we did some work in the yard then watched TV.I spent the last few hours playing with Marty’s iPad and then netbook but dug out my laptop to play on Pricescope.

Tomorrow we are giving a bridal shower to my niece.It should be fun.

Dragonfly, what is a good southern dinner?I hope you found some great local fruits, veggies and honey.There is a place in SW Colorado that has cinnamon honey; it is delicious.

Appletini, I am glad to hear you are wearing your contacts again.I put mine in once this past week and it was so nice to see!I hope you have a great time in the pool.

Well, I need to go clean up the veggies I picked up this morning and make a few hamburger patties for the freezer.

Take care and I will go to bed on time, I will go to bed on time, I will go to bed on time . . .

24.gif

Marcy

35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ya''ll!
I got my 6 miles in this am; it was a little warm, but tolerable. Hubs and I met with a realtor to look at some houses!
9.gif
32.gif
The housing market is such a buyers market right now, and have been looking at houses for awhile now. While we can''t afford homes in our current neighborhood (single family homes go from $225k and up), we looked about 20 blocks north, and found cute houses in our price range. We found one we really like, and our realtor told us that a particular lender offers a 100% financing options to qualified buyers that meet necessary guidelines. I''ll talk to the bank on Monday and we''ll go from there. It''s such an intimidating process, but we''re ready to stop renting for sure. I''ll share details about the house later, if applicable
2.gif

For lunch I had tuna of a piece of toast, and whole wheat pasta for dinner. Tomorrow is my LR and I hope to get in 13 miles. I just hope it''s not terribly hot. I got new running shoes (can''t remember if I shared that info), and I love them! My feet are cooler and I''m not getting any blisters! Yay!

marcy- I love going to the grocery store early in the mornings. Our stores are so crowded here, so the earlier the better. Cinnamon honey? Where!? Have fun at the bridal shower!

dragonfly- My husband is from NC, and he''s been dying for some good fried chicken!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, have fun looking for houses. Good luck on your big run tomorrow! Glad to hear your new shoes are working so well for you. I feel for you running in this heat; heck just walking in 90 degrees the other day was not fun. They honey is from Durango. Here is the link to their website.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 11:12:58 PM
Author: marcyc
Beach Runner, have fun looking for houses. Good luck on your big run tomorrow! Glad to hear your new shoes are working so well for you. I feel for you running in this heat; heck just walking in 90 degrees the other day was not fun. They honey is from Durango. Here is the link to their website.

Thanks for the link! We have friends in Durango, and will be in Telluride in August. You''d think somewhere in Telluride would sell it. The whipped cinnamon honey DOES sound to die for!
18.gif

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Hope everyone is having a great week! I have been good about doing the 30 Day Shred so far. I lost track of whether I am on Day 5 or 6 (I missed a day in there) but I am starting to notice a difference in endurance. I am still horrible at push-ups though - and I''m talking about the modified version.

I''ve also been swimming every day. I went for a short hike at the lake with FI yesterday. I thought it was lovely, even though it''s so hot and humid. I love how green and shady it is in the woods. We both got a bunch of bug bites though (despite lots of bug spray!) so sadly, I don''t know if we''ll go again for a while.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, their store is right outside of Durango and the whipped honey is amazing. They have a lot more flavors now too. Yum! I would imagine other places would sell it for them as well.

Merilenda, that is wonderful to notice your endurance improving already. Sorry to hear you both got a lot of bug bites on your walk.

I am off to get chores done so I can just goof off after the shower.

Marcy
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece''s bridal shower went well. Her future FIL did a great job on games and decorations. She bought some white aprons, wrote Mr and Mrs on them (the Mrs was cute with a ruffle) and had fabric markers so we could write a message to each of them. My niece got a lot of nice gifts.

I left all the cake, punch and candy there so I won''t be tempted to eat any more of it.

I am working on my last batch of laundry.

I am sad to see the weekend winding down.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I think I will maybe just post a July thread instead of posting a new one for the week. What do you think? Since we are not as active as we''ve been in the past. Also I don''t want to hog starting the thread. Anyone who wants to jump in and take a turn is welcome. Whatever works for you guys works for me.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 11:41:15 PM
Author: marcyc
Hi everyone. I think I will maybe just post a July thread instead of posting a new one for the week. What do you think? Since we are not as active as we''ve been in the past. Also I don''t want to hog starting the thread. Anyone who wants to jump in and take a turn is welcome. Whatever works for you guys works for me.

I think a monthly thread would be great!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
ditto the monthly thread.

I did 30 min of exercise in the pool yesterday. Today I went to my Total Body Tranining class and it felt so good to finally go! Also having one of the cafeteria''s good heart healthy options for lunch...flank steak, sugar snap peas w/ carrots, and squash and zucchini medley. I also saw the boot camp instructor when I was down at the gym, he couldn''t believe I hadn''t worked out in two months b/c he said I still looked good, so that make me happy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Beach Runner and Appletini. I think a monthly thread would work good too.

Appletini, woo hoo for a nice compliment from the boot camp instructor.

I took some more antihistamine this morning; my allergies are a bit better but that stuff makes me tired and cranky so I guess I''ll quit taking it.

I did stick to my calorie range today and went for my afternoon walk.

I hope all of you had a great Monday!
Marcy
35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results