shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread March 29 - April 4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some remains of our "windy" snow storm. Too funny the wet snow just sticks to the fence.

windblownsnow.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few bushes covered with snow with back lit sun.

sunbacksnow.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow Marcy, that snow is crazy! It''s been 90 degrees here the past 2 days, which is strange considering it was snowing and freezing rain only a week ago. I haven''t been shopping yet so I don''t have clothes for 90 degree days! I did order a few pairs of pants from Lands End, and I really need for them to get here.

We''re getting ready to head out for the day. I''m going to try to find a few warm weather things to wear and a few pairs of shoes, and then we''re heading to a friend''s house to watch the WVU game tonight. My friend got married and moved to Baltimore a few years ago, but she kept her home here. She''s terribly homesick for West Virginia, and it''s going to be great to see her again and hang out at her house like we used to. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Marty got called in to work so I ran down to Jared''s and picked up my pendant. I like it.

The wind is really bad here today with gusts over 60 mph. All of semis were just setting on the side of the road.

Deegee, how exciting to be waiting for some new and smaller clothes from Land''s End. Have a blast catching up with your friend and watching the game.

I started laundry and we will go out and eat in awhile.

Have a great Saturday.
Marcy

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Saturday and weekend! Ahhh.
10.gif

I made some scrabbled eggs for breakfast and did about 5.5 miles outside this morning. I didn''t go too hard, as I have my LR tomorrow. It was super windy here too, makes the run a little harder when you are running into the wind. We were gonna go down to Co Springs to see some friends tonight, but we decided to stay here and watch the game. They aren''t bball fans, and my husband tends to yell at the TV! So, Lets Go Mountaineers!!!!!

Marcy- that snow is crazy! We haven''t seen snow here, but Vail pass is getting killed. I would love to see photos of your pendent!

deegee- 90? Wow. I know southern WV is always about 5-10 warmer than Morgantown used to be. Hubs parents live in downtown Charleston and they always reported high temps. They said town is crazy today; everyone is in their blue/gold!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Easter!We are having a lazy day today.Marty is cooking some spicy food so I already made y own lunch.I had a 3 oz burger cooked on the grill with a 110 cal wheat bagel and a 50 cal slide of provolone.It was great.

I bought each of us a 3 oz. chocolate bunny so I cut mine up in to about 12 pieces and had one piece for dessert.

For supper I have 2 small pieces left of a real mini pizza (from yesterday) so I will have it for supper.

Beach Runner, glad you ran yesterday.The winds were really bad here and still are today.It makes it very chilly outside.I am sure Vail is getting slammed.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Easter to all my Healthy Ladies on the HLT!!! I hope the Easter Bunny brought you suomething fun (maybe even decadent!). It''s been a wonderful weekend weather-wise here in Tampa. Finally, the temps are in the low 80s, with low humidity and just glorious blue skies. We worked out at the gym yyesterday, since the gym was closing early today. When I''m rested, I have such strong workouts. So my workout yesterday was just the best I''ve had in a long time. We had dinner last night at one of our favorite waterfront places. The food''s good (not fabulous), but the views......ah those views are just perfect. And the atmosphere is fun. Today was just a nice lazy day. We had breakfast on the terrace. Coffee and lunch under the oak at Sbucks, then we decided to check out the new Ikea that opened in Tampa a few months ago. It''s a huge place and I guess the prices are great, but the quality of the furniture is just not what we''re accustomed to (I guess that makes us a snob??). We wandered around for a long time and found nothing that we found interesting. I think someone just starting out with their first place and being on a tight budget, could furnish their place affordably. But at our age, Ikea just isnt'' for us.......

We decided to have a special Easter dinner of Steamed Maine Lobster, Parsley Potatoes, Steamed Asparagus and a Chocolate Cupcake for dessert! The lobsters were wonderful and such a treat!

Marcy, it''s sill snowing out there in WY?? Oh My.......I hope it starts to warm up soon. I hope you and Marty had a nice Easter.

Hey deegee......I hope you enjoyed the game. Did you know I am a WVU Grad??

BR, I hope the long run today was great! I agree, running into the wind is tough duty for sure.........

Charbie, I hope things have calmed down for you. And I hope the DH really will support you...........

Hi Apple.........

Hey Lisa.......I hear you on wanting to shake your brother awake. My brother isn''t into healthy eating either and he''s all sorts of gastric issues (including surgery). He yo-yo diets, and then get''s even heavier. He doesn''t exercise either........We can''t make someone want to be healthier. They have find it inside themselves to be healthier.

Wow Smurfy.......that''s a really dramatic reduction. You should be proud of yourself!

Hi Pinki.....I hope you do get some nice weather.........

SS, I''m glad the arrhyuthmia is something that the baby will grow out of. That must be a huge relief. Now you won''t have any reason to stress eat, but I can sure see why you do. Take care.........

I''m sure you were a beautiful bridesmaid this weekend dragon!!

OK.......I''ll check in sometime in the next week........Again, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, glad you had a nice weekend.How fun to be shopping for furniture; I hope you find something you like and that doesn’t cost a fortune.Your Easter dinner sounds good.Yes, it is still snowing here; we have some in the forecast again for Tuesday.At least it melts really fast this time of year.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Happy Easter!
well...things are about to change dramatically!
Charbie is PREGNANT! GAAAAHHHH!
we hadn''t been trying, but hadn''t really been preventing pregancy for the past few months. our real plan was to start TTC in july, but i guess our plan didn''t work out too well. sooooo...i am now 5 weeks along. can''t really believe it yet!
guess this means i will be taking "healthier lifestyle" to a new level! it''s kinda funny...we just started P90X, and then i had pretty much cut the bulk of carbs out of my diet, but i was getting more and more bloated. i had lost 4 lbs last week, felt great, and yet my middle section wasn''t changing; usually that''s the first place i start to notice some weightloss. ive don some research, and it seems to me that i can still continue with my plan, but with some modifications. on the "push-up/pull-up day" i''ll probably be modifing a lot, and on plyo day where its just a bunch of jumping, well, i probably won''t be doing that, but otherwise i''m planning on still working out.
my husband said the day we found out, "well, i mean, you still can lose some weight while you''re pregnant." if looks could kill, he would be murdered right now. its the last time he will ever mention weight around me, especially when pregant. his comment came out totally wrong- he meant that i can still tone up my arms/legs/abs, and still eat really healthy. which is what i want to do.

anyways- i guess i''m just now going to wait until my doctor''s appointment that i''ll get to schedule tomorrow to find out what''s going on!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Charbie!
36.gif
LOL at "if looks could kill". I am sure that is a lesson he won''t soon forget.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results