shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread March 29 - April 4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Good Morning, and happy Monday.

35.gif

Marcy, wonderful opener! I love how you point out that everyone is different. It’s so easy to get caught up on the smaller/thinner you are, the healthier you must be. There is no correlation between weight and overall wellness, and I think that is hard for some people to grasp. Young females especially see celebs in magazines that are so thin, and that’s what they set their goal to be. This is the reason I don’t weigh myself regularly. It’s just my mass on Earth, and not relevant to my overall wellness.

The whole side of my Mom’s family is tall and thin. My mom, short and average stature. My Dad is an only child, and I never got to meet my Grandfather. My Dad is relatively short for a male, and overweight. Although I am proud of my Dad as he started developing healthier eating habits, and has lost about 40lbs! I’m very happy for him and his health!

My Sunday was nice. We had wonderful weather, got my LR in which resulted in horrid tan lines on my calf. I got some running skirts, but it was still a little chilly to wear. Hopefully soon! We had pork tenderloin, broccoli, and polenta and it was delish! OOH, and I also found a mini bag of Cadbury chocolate eggs. It was the perfect size!

Deegee- I hope you are rocking the WVU in KY!! LETS GOOOO! My work has a bracket and it’s between me and a co-worker (who picked Duke, boo). We’re only playing for lunch, so no real money will be won. I can hardly wait for Saturday!!

32.gif

Hello to all of the other healthy members!

35.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
HI EVERYONE! I''M BACK!!! YAY!
35.gif
36.gif

I''ve been keeping up by lurking as much as possible. This has been a very tough month for me. Between my mom''s surgery, grandfather''s death, and many changes at work, I just didn''t feel like I was doing the positive things to keep posting over here. I was stressed and not leading a healthy lifestyle. Plus I had my LASIK surgery, so all of the appointments and the surgery meant I couldn''t work out either. So long March. I will NOT be missing you.

Marcy- good point. I had a friend growing up who was a stick-thin BEAN POLE. She had two very overweight sisters, her mother was very overweight, as well as her father. It was pretty weird, to be honest. Both sides of my family have struggled with weight. My grandmothers have struggled, aunts have struggled, and my sister was 220lbs+ before a major rehaul of her habits a few years ago, and she dropped about 60lbs. My mom does ok, my dad is stocky and tall, but has more of an athletic body. i''m lucky to have had my parents develop better habits and pass those on to us, because while i''m not skinny, i''m not obese like past generations.

Today marks the beginning of P90X! I''m doing the diet plan as best as possible (cutting out those carbs is gonna be a toughy) but I''m proud already because I turned down a doughnut from my boss. I''m going to the grocery store after work tonight to get the foods I need, and GNC to figure out the best protein shake to meet my goals.

Last night had to have a big talk with DH about all of this. I finally figured out why I am so bothered about his "encouragement" style and was able to clearly articulate it to him. He has the "I''ll believe it when I see it" mentality, and it drives me crazy. I told him I need him to trust me, and believe in me. I can''t have him saying, "Ok, you did well today. Let''s just see what you do tomorrow." He doesn''t believe that I want to dedicate myself and see a change. He said he doesn''t want to be let down, because his whole life he would look forward to things and they wouldn''t happen. I understand where he''s coming from. And he said it isn''t that he is looking forward to me being in better shape or whatnot- he''ll always love me, but its that I''ve said I''m going to do it, so he''ll be more upset about me breaking a promise than anything else.

Ok, sorry for my novel. But I''m excited to do this (for real)! Yay!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Great opener Marcy! Its so true, and sometimes the odds can appear to be stacked against us concerning family genes, eating and exercise patterns and so on but we definitely have the choice to do something about it. Just because a close relative was or is overweight doesn''t mean we are automatically destined to be the same way! I have in fact watched close relatives over the years go on and off '' diets'' constantly and for the longest time I thought thats how things were, thank goodness I now know better!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I am very fontunate to come from a "lean" family. However one of my close friends is not so lucky...every woman in her family is very overweight, and while she is not as large as they are she is deifnitely much bigger than our group of friends. She''s single and has a busy job, and claims she''s too busy to exercise etc. For her b-day she had started working out with a trainer but that stopped, and everytime I talk to her I ask if she''s been working out and she says no but she needs to. She just can''t seem to break the cycle. And I wish she could, she''s a beautiful, fun, smart woman, and I feel like she''s started to losing her confidence. She lives in another city so its hard to be able to do activities and stuff with her. But whenever she comes to visit I always make her go walking with me.

On another note, my Total Body Trianing class was tough today. Lots of stength training, particularly in the upper body. I''m in a wedding in two weeks so I know I''ll look good in my dress. I''m planning to go walking when I get home this evening and take advantage of the beautiful spring weather.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great opener marcy! My immediate family is thin (I was the only one who was overweight), my cute little 98 year old grandma has always been thin, and a few cousins are also. The majority of my extended family has fought weight issues as long as I can remember. Most of them have health problems too. I think my mom didn't want to be overweight liker her sisters, so she always made a great effort to eat healthy and to teach us healthy eating and exercise as well. I gained all my weight after my injury - when I realized I could no longer do a lot of things I used to, I couldn't stop feeling sorry for myself and just let everything go.

marcy - I don't think I've ever posted any of my sparklies. I'm shy. The pendant I always wear is the halo bezel pendant from WF. It goes beautifully with my rb studs and jackets. I hope your interview with the student newspaper guy went well. Did I ever tell you that one of my favorite classes in college was astronomy? I had an awesome teacher who was very enthusiastic about the subject.

beachrunner - It was raining yesterday so I had to wear my WVU jacket. It's the only thing I have with a hood! That was my excuse anyway. Our director has announced that we can wear jeans and WVU colors/shirts on Friday. Woo-hoo!! I think Matt has decided not to go to the game, but a bunch of my coworkers already have their tickets.

charbie - March was a pretty lousy month indeed. I hope things start looking up for you. Yay for turning down the doughnut! Last April something snapped in my hard head that made me recognize that I was miserable, and I knew what I had to do to feel better. This crazy determination came out of somewhere, and hubby knew that this time was different. He helped me, and continues to help me with his support. How did your LASIK go? I have considered that, but I think I'm too old!

lorelei - In my (extended) family, it seems like the overweight people think the thin people are naturally thin and they are naturally overweight. They don't see the healthy eating, the exercise, the self-control that goes on behind the scenes!

appletini - I'm sure you're going to look awesome for the wedding! You do so well with the workouts.

Today was a super long day. I managed to stay awake after work long enough to make dinner and eat (whole-grain pasta, marinara sauce & salad), and then I fell sound asleep on the couch. Lily is especially restless tonight, so I'm going to take her for a walk and then head to bed. Our WW leader once told us to schedule exercise each week just like an appointment, and make it a priority. Make yourself completely unavailable for that hour, and make it a necessary part of the daily routine. My back dr finally cleared me to do exercise to build strength, and all I seem to do is fall asleep on the couch after work. I have to get myself out of this rut. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi health seeking PSers.I hope you had a great day.

Food was good today.Cheerios, strawberries, mini bagels, low fat lasagna, 100 cal Lorna Doone and whole wheat pasta.We have enough pasta left for two lunches.

Work was busy and crazy today.One day down 4 to go.

Beach Runner, you are so right that weight and overall wellness don’t necessarily go hand in hand.I think models and actresses set so many people up to feel bad about their appearance because they want to look like the size -5 celebrities.That is great your dad has lost 40 pounds.Good for him.It sounds like you had a great weekend.Woo hoo for small size Cadbury’s.Mmm.

Charbie, you have certainly had a difficult and stressful month but I am glad to see you back.How did your Lasik turn out?It is kind of strange to see a family where everyone is overweight but one.That is good your parents passed on some good, healthy habits to you.I am glad you talked to your husband about using a different approach in supporting you.I know I was most sensitive to things Marty said to me than anyone else.

Lorelei, great point that watching people go up and down on their weight seems to be the norm but those I know have chosen some of those impractical, strange diets that are so hard to stick with for life.

Appletini, that is very nice to come from a lean family.Your friend sounds like me before I found the motivation to change.It is so overwhelming and requires such long term dedication it is easy to give up.I am glad you are there for her.

Deegee, that is nice your mom chose to live a healthy lifestyle.I can understand how easy it is to slip in to some bad habits after your injury.Comfort foods are named that for a reason.I really went through something similar when I realized how bad my knees were with arthritis.Your pendant sounds lovely.I love my WF studs.No, you didn’t tell me you loved your college astronomy class.I am glad to hear that.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy new week everyone!

I was supposed to hit the gym with James today, but I remembered I needed to turn in some documentation to my old boss/friend so I can charge my old company an invoice. My old boss was telling me to do it and get it turned in for a quick cash bonus. I didn''t realize I hadn''t done a whit of it until 5PM today. So from 5-9PM I banged that thing out and gave it to old boss for his opinion. I''ll send in my invoice by the end of the week and hopefully make a nice pretty penny out of it. :)

So, no workout
7.gif
But I''ll be running with Sis and the pooch tomorrow. Weds I have a haircut and we''re going to plant my balcony boxes. Then I''m off to D.C for the Easter holiday visiting some of James''s friends.

Eats have been pretty good, maybe a little bit on the indulgent side, but I''ll make it up for the rest of the week. That''s the plan. Salads and soup for lunch and maybe small healthy dinner. I''m going to make wings for dinner tomorrow.

My mom has always be TINY! Her sister''s pretty small also, and her brothers small. My dad''s side is bigger, the men are GIANT for Chinese men (over 5''9 and 160+lbs when they were young, 225+ at mid age). His sisters were kind of overweight, except one. So I think we got somewhat of a smaller frame, but I never weighed as less as my mom. I think we stack on muscles better than my mom. Even when I was in the best shape of my life, I still weighed 125lbs, and my mom was like 90lbs.

My family''s been in the restaurant business since forever, so I''ve always eaten healthy, but my brother doesn''t ahve the same healthy habits. It makes me sad since he has Type II diabetes. He knows everything he needs to do and not do, but of course he doesn''t. Sometimes I just want to shake him awake.

Marcy, great opener! My trainer tells us all the time that everyone''s body is different and what works for one person might not work for another. And the key is to find what works for you.

Beach, glad you had a Sunday. Enjoy your nice weather. It''s FINALLY supposed to be nice just before our trip. Sis and I are going to do a run with the pooch, let''s see how much she likes running...

Chabie, I''m glad you''re back. Yikes! March seemed like a crazy month. Did you get your lasik done already? My brother LOVES it, he had it done over 10 yrs ago. I''m glad your DH is on board in a way that helps you too. I just had a loooong talk with James about our future, his parents, our careers, kids, etc. It felt SO good to talk about all that. :)

Lorelei, I agree about finally finding hte best way to help you with your lifestyle and body. :)

Apple, glad your TBT class was a tough one. I''m sure you''ll look GREAT in your dress :)

Deegee, Congrats on WVU. YOu definitely hit a crazy determination with the weight you lost. Hooray for you!

~Lisa, out :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!
It seems like women in our family start out at a really healthy weight but then gain more over the years. I think part of it is because the ladies in our family enjoy our beer and food lol Personally I didn''t drink until I was about 19. That was when I started gaining weight and now that I''ve cut that out(for the most part) I''ve been losing the inches. When I started dating dh over 2 years ago I was a size 18/20. I''m now a size 10. It definitely made a difference! At age 19 and under I was at a very healthy weight for my height and age (5''1" and 120 lbs). Exercise was also a bigger part of my life back then. I''m hoping these changes will make a big difference and maybe inspire some of the women in our family as well?

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the opener Marcy! My whole mom''s side struggles with weight loss/healthy weight management. My mom and I do the best out of our entire family, but that is because we put forth effort. I have 2 girl cousins who are close to 300lbs, their mother is probably 250, and our other aunt was 400+ until she had gastro, and now she''s about 150, but I''ve been noticing it creep back on in the last year. They always put in remarks about my mom and I being thinner and they are jealous, but then they''ll sit there eating candy and drinking soda all day long. Its so bizarre.

BeachRunner - Are running skirts the new thing? In the last two weeks I''ve seen 3 women with them on, and I was like "nice tennis skirt", but now that you mention it I''m starting to think they were these running skirts. I''ll have to google. Good luck on your brackets!

Charbie - Welcome back workout buddy. Where are you at weight wise? I''m assuming you''ve probably hovered at the 174 mark? I hit 171 Friday and then had a busy (read: food and booze) weekend, and went back to 172. I''m looking to hit 170 this week and then I can target 160 next. I''m so glad you''re back! I need you here to help push me! Let me know how you like the P90x. I''ve been considering it...I''m glad you had a chit chat with DH about supporting you. Kyle is so great about it...now if only he''d be as good about taking out the garbage.

Lorelei - You are right, I always feel like the odds are against me genetically. The big difference is people who work hard at it. I had that revelation this morning in Body Pump. There is this woman in her late 40''s/early 50''s and she''s my idol. She''s so naturally beautiful and has this amazing body and previous to my work-out me I would have thought she was just naturally that way. Now I''m smarter and realize she works out every day and probably eats super well to look that great. I think that''s what a lot of people who struggle with weight/health/food issues think. That some are just naturally that way and never have to work at it but they couldn''t be more wrong!

Appletini - Keep on your friend, maybe have her join up here so she can learn how to get the energy to eat well and exercise? Hopefully she gets on the bandwagon! Yay for looking hot in your dress and hearing from an old friend! I love calls like that.

Deegee - Great advice on scheduling workouts. I need to do that for myself for after work activities.

Lliang_Chi - Have a great time in DC. My buddy lives there currently while his wife is finishing law school and ironically they''re home here for Easter! We might go to a Bucks game with them tonight. I hope your brother starts paying attention to the do''s and don''ts, especially after all the press lately on people dying of diabetes and not taking care of themselves. Scary stuff.

Smurfy Improved - Wow, I didn''t know you went from size 18 to 10. HUGE congrats! What a great motivation for me to hear about your success. When I was 18 I was 5''4" and 115, and then I blew up to 190 over 9 years. My goal is to be 130, but I have to take it one day at a time. It''s going to be a long hard road! Thanks so much for being an inspiration.

My weekend was really great, I met up with a friend who was in town from San Diego on Friday night, had dinner and then went out for drinks until my neighbor called and said someone was trying to break into my house until they saw my 200lb dog. She was watching him (and calling 911) and then he must have made a noise and woke Fred who started barking and the guy took off running. Too freaking funny!!! What a moron anyway, we have a home alarm and a giant dog, who in their right mind tries to break into our house???? Saturday I took our great watch dog to the park to play with his puppy friends and then went out for a girlfriends birthday..more food, more beer. Eek. Sunday was a great day, Kyle and I went and looked at these new condo''s we want, but they have a weight limit for pets so of course that''s out. What a bummer, we loved it so much. Then we had dinner at our friends for Pot-Pie fest. They made a mushroom, garlic cheese pot pie and then traditional pot pie (small ones for each of us) and then little individual apple pie pot pies. So yummy. Hence, I gained back a pound, but as of today I should be back at 171 targeting in at 170 this week...maybe even 169????

The weather is supposed to be AMAZING in Wisconsin this week. Today we''ll hit 60 and then starting Wednesday we''ll be in the mid 70''s finally!!! Thank goodness. I am so freaking happy to be back in some warmth.

Has anyone heard from tlh?? I''m interested in how the move went and the weather adjustment!

Cj

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Pinki- Thanks! I guess I never considered it that big of an accomplishment I guess; I didn''t have a car for 2 years while dating DH and I spent a LOT of time walking to work, walking to the bus stop, etc. I know back in North Dakota I worked at the grocery store for part of that time and walked about 1 mile to work and then a mile back home every day. It definitely helped!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Tuesday ladies and Rod (wherever you may be)

10.gif

This week is going to go by soo slow because the bball game on Saturday. Oof! Anyways, it’s a beautiful day here, and I can’t wait to get outside! We had whole wheat pasta and DH chopped up some mushrooms, and stuck em in the sauce. I love mushrooms. I also made a salad w/ romaine, carrots, and some mushies. No idea what we’ll do for eats tonight but I’ll get a 6 mile run in.

Charbie- How did you LASIK go? Is it crazy to be able to see without glasses/contacts? Keep us updated on the P90X, and good luck with the diet! Just remember, whole grains aren’t bad!

2.gif
(but I understand if your diet limits them for awhile)

Apple- Oh, the joys of strength training the upper body! I need all the help I can get. I bet it felt good to talk to that friend!

Deegee- I hear the east coast is getting pounded with rain. I hope you stay dry in that WVU jacket! Is it Saturday yet???

32.gif

Marcy- We all had pasta for dinner last night! I am so tempted to just grab a mini bag of those stupid chocolate eggs every time I see them at the grocery store. But, one is enough! Body image is so skewed and it’s saddening, really. Women are suppose to have curves!

31.gif

Lisa- Good luck running w the doggie! And congrats for that bonus! What kind of food does your family cook?

Pinki- I have yet to see a running skirt in Denver. I saw an ad for them, looked em up and thought “wow, they look comfy!” The company I went through designed the skirts for runners by runners. I have only tried em out on a short run on the tready but will certainly test one out today. You could wear them for any activity, though. A lot of them have compression shorts underneath, so you can bike, hike, run, kayak, etc. I’ll let you know after my outdoor run today! I’m also wondering about TLH. She was my running hero.

36.gif
2.gif

Smurf- Congrats on your weight loss!
36.gif
It’ll be easy to keep active in this state this summer! We’re looking forward to do our first 14’er.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check-in as I really have nothing to post.

Thanks for a great opener, Marcy!
My mom is stick thin but eats over 3000 cals a day, every day. I think something is WRONG with her, but since she stays slim, she doesn''t see a problem. My dad, bro and sis are all overweight along with me. Baby sis is right where she should be but she works out constantly and plays college sports. If she ever slacks on the workouts, I think the genes will kick in and she''ll gain too. I''ve been trying to lose weight and keep an eye on my weight for a while now, but my sibs want nothing to do with it. They''re not ready for a lifestyle change. I think my bro would slim down if he''d cut out fast food and I think sis would if she''d cut out drinking. Hopefully, after they see my success, they''ll want to jump on the bandwagon!

I had to go to a specialist yesterday for the baby. She''s had a significant arrhythmia but we found out that she''s doing fine and should grow out of it. She''s already measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule and she''s very active, great signs for a healthy baby. Dr expects her to be at least 9 lbs at birth.

I''m currently limited on exercising. I specifically asked if I could start hiking since the weather is getting a bit nicer. His reply, "sure, on flat paved paths." lol. Sounds like walking on a side walk, not hiking! Anyway, hopefully this will only be temporary.

I''ve been stress eating carbs the past week while worrying about Baby. I think I''ll even out the diet now that I''m not so stressed. Of course, I do have several Cadbury eggs in the drawer...must not let them go to waste!!

Sorry for not having healthy lifestyle things to add!

Charbie~ Welcome back. Hoping everything goes a whole lot smoother from now on. I didn''t know you got LASIK. Do you love it?

lliang~ Enjoy your time with friends for the Holiday!

smurfy~ Wow, I didn''t realize you already lost so much weight!! That''s great!

Sorry for not posting to all, I''m still a bit off.

See ya later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.Happy Tuesday!

Food wasn’t bad today but I did eat one homemade brownie at work.We had hamburgers on the grill for supper.I ate a lot of raw veggies while they cooked – I was hungry.

Work was up there on the “Aak” level.Sigh.

I guess my pendant is in already – now I just need to get the time to run down and get it.

Appletini, how wonderful to catch up with a friend.Thanks for the article.

Lisa, good luck making a pretty penny!I took a walk at work this afternoon – I wanted to work off some of my frustrations.Have fun planting your planters and in D.C.It sounds like you have a wide variety of sizes in your family.It just shows we are all so unique.

Smurfyimproved, drinking can add those pounds all right!I am sure you’ll inspire many people around you with your success.

Pinki, good for you and your mom putting in the effort and dedication to work towards a healthier life.I was in the 300++ range and I can identify with feeling bad and eating the candy and drinking the soda.I am sure your dog freaked out that jerk!Glad you have that kind of protection.Yay for getting close to 169 pounds.I’ve been thinking about TLH too.

Beach Runner, it was beautiful here today too.Good points about women should have curves.Look at the movie stars in the 50’s and 60’s – they would be considered overweight now.

Somethingshiny, I hope you inspire your family to join in on your new lifestyle.That is great the baby should grow out of the arrhythmia and is moving around good.Maybe you can walk in the park – it is a bit more nature like with a flat path.Hugs to you for being worried.

Well, take care.

35.gif

Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked on the Treadmill for about 30 minutues last night at the gym. I put it on the weightloss setting and the incline was tough. Tonight I''m supposed to go walking with my neighbor.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi all
sorry I''ve been MIA. This week is crazy. I''m a bridesmaid in a wedding this weekend, so we''ve been doing all kinds of fun crazy stuff to get ready. We did a photo shoot in her dress yesterday, so was out all night. Blah.

To cover the starting post, 90% of my family has some kind of weight issue. At least one person has an eating disorder. Out of my immediate family, I am the only one not overweight.

SO''s family also has had to deal with weight issues, has history of high blood pressure and heart disease.

For us it''s very important to stay healthy and fit.

Sorry for the run by, I''ll be more regular in posting next week, just gotta get through Saturday (and then Sunday with 30 + members of my family)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I gained weight
7.gif
I had never had sopapillas before and wanted to try them and I''m pretty darn sure that is what did me in. But I have to say, it was probably worth it! haha

charbie

Ideal_Rock
got my whole long post eaten.
i don''t have time to write again.
probably PS''s way of telling me get to work and stop slacking.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Happy Hump Day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey to all my healthy ladies!!! I''ve been really busy, so I finally have a couple minutes to check in. I''ve been reading everyone''s posts when I get a couple free seconds and you all never cease to put a smile on my face. I miss being able to check in every day, and hopefully, once work calms down, and we''re finally moved (just a little over 2 months till the move) I should have more time. Just a quick catch up........Work has been intense as usual, but I did go to the gym last night and had a really strong workout. Eating''s been good. Tonight''s dinner was a nice healthy salad.

Great opener Marcy. Family has a lot to do with it. My brother is a yo-yo dieter. He staves himself, loses huge amounts of weight, goes off his diet and puts the weight back on faster and heavier each time. I keep telling him he has to make lifestyle changes that are permanent, but I don''t think he''ll ever get it.

Hello to everyone I don''t have the time to say hello to. You''re all my heroes!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey everybody! Happy Wednesday!!!

Lisa - have a great trip this weekend. Wow, your mom is teeny! I work with a lady who has diabetes, and she told me once that she knew she would feel so much better if she watched what she ate and lost weight (she''s about 150 lbs overweight), but that she liked to eat too much so she''d just take medicine. That''s sad.

smurfy - that''s so awesome!!! Congratulations! When I joined WW, I had finally broken down and bought 2 pairs of size 18 pants. Mostly I was stuffing myself into too tight 16''s and praying that the seams held all day! I gained a ton of weight by drinking too much beer. Unfortunately I don''t like light beers at all.

pinki - what kind of dog do you have? Good thing he woke up and started barking!! There was a 150lb dog at the vet when I took Lily last week. She only weighs 39lbs, and she was a little afraid of the giant dog! I''m a little afraid I''m going to overindulge on beer this weekend and will probably gain a bit. My good friend is coming to town, and we''re getting together to watch the WVU game on Saturday night. Can''t watch basketball without beer!

beachrunner - you guys do so great with the eats! I have to get a recipe book. Anyway, you are so right about the week going by slow. It should be Friday night already. We''re allowed to wear jeans and a WVU shirt to work on Friday, but all I have are kind of sloppy, too-big (pre-weight loss) sweatshirts. I''m going to try to find something tomorrow, but I might be out of luck!

shiny - wow... a 9 lb baby! The babies in my family are usually over 8 lbs, so anything smaller seems teensy to me. How was the wedding?

marcy - yes, go get that pendant! We had hamburgers tonight too. My side dish was a big salad, and Matt''s was frito''s and a candy bar, of course. I can easily pass up a lot of things, but brownies are a weakness. Especially right now when I want CHOCOLATE so bad!

Hi Rod! Sorry work is still so crazy! I hope you''re doing well.

I had some time to kill today before I could pick Matt up after work (he was out of town), so I decided to leave work at 5:30 and stop by the mall. I bought a pair of shorts! That''s exciting for me because I haven''t bought shorts in many, many years. They aren''t even short shorts, they''re bermuda''s. But hey, that''s a huge step for me! Now I just need the courage to wear them. I bought a skirt that came to just above my knees for winter to wear with tall boots, and never worked up the nerve to put it on. I have to work on this confidence thing. I plan to leave work on time again tomorrow, and I''m going to try to stop putting in so many hours at the office. It doesn''t matter how long I stay or how hard I work, I can''t even get caught up. I plan to leave at a decent hour each night and enjoy my evenings with Matt. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
great opener marcy.

my family doesn''t really have anyone extremely overweight. i think the extra weight has been gained because of laziness. my mom and my aunts do not work out. i think its beacause when they were younger they "didn''t have to" to look as if they did. now that they are older they don''t understand why they "can''t" lose weight. my dads side are all short and muscular. my 1 aunt on this side is overweight, but she loves to overeat. my sister is built like my dads side and i take after my moms.

my mom and i just had a talk about this last week. she was complaining about all of the weight she''s gained. she can''t understand it because she stopped eating chocolate
20.gif
. i told her to get off her butt and exercise. she started the excuses and i called her out on it. i showed her exercise on demand and she tried it---for 5 minutes and then said it was too hard...she was sweating (from the warm-up). she then told me that she "looks good for her age".....i told her she could look and feel better. then she told me she can''t wait to see what i look like at her age...blah blah blah
20.gif
sometimes i think my mom is in competition with me.... i got fitted for a bm dress...all she wanted to know was what size they ordered for me. not the style or color. when i told her a size 12 she said wow thats huge
29.gif
wtf....then i told her if i''m a 12 they''d order you a 16 at least....she went into a whole thing about her being able to fit in size 8 jeans....she obviously doesn''t understand dress ordering.

so i''ve been consistently working oout and eating healthy. i''ve cut out most of my mindless snacking. sometimes i think i just eat to eat when i''m watching tv at night. instead i brush my teeth at 8 when i put my son to sleep that way i won''t snack at night. cookies don''t taste the same after listerine
9.gif

the good news is i''ve lost some pounds and inches!!! my waistline is slimmer and my tight pants aren''t as tight.!!!! i am finally feeling and seeing results---however small i''ll take it.
1.gif

hope everyone has a great healthy day!! the weather is suppossed to be gorgeous this weekend and i intend to fully take advantage of it.
emhot.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Not much to report. Yesterday I went out to lunch w/ some co-workers and we had Mexican food...I was bad, but I usually don''t go out for lunch so it could be worse. I did my walk/jog routine last night. I was supposed to walk with the neighbor last night and I called and she was out running errands. So that is now twice this week she hasn''t been available so I''m just going to continue to focus on me. If she is really serious about walking together she can initiate a meeting.

I have a lunch meeting today so I can''t go to my SLAM class. I''ll go for a walk this evening.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
DH hurt his back at work yesterday, he pinched a siatic (?) nerve and now his entire lower back is in excruciating pain. So needless to say, he cannot work out for at LEAST a week. I was going to continue my p90x workout (we know it''s not from that since we use lighter weights and only do what we can do and don''t try to follow the dvd too close). Anyways so I agreed not to continue it until we could pick up where we left off at. So for the time being I am substituting the 30 day shred in. I thought I would lose my support from dh and he would just play video games while I did it but he watched and encouraged me through the whole routine! (your back is really straight hun, you''re really good at this!) So that definitely helped :) Anyways, just wanted to update! Have a great day everyone!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Happy almost Friday!

dee- you gotta rock those shorts- you''ve earned them! i''m looking forward to buying some new clothes post-p90X. i''d love to feel good in a bathing suit for the first time in recent memory. that''s really my goal this year. i CAN do it. but i really want some chocolate, too. i''m really trying to stick to low-carb this whole month...today has been the first day where i really wanted to stop off and get something i shouldn''t eat. i resisted, ate my lunch, but i''m still feeling a little hungry and might need just a small piece of chocolate from the office next door.

NYC- it''s frustrating to hear someone make excuses. does she understand that if she just does a little bit of exercise, just for a few minutes a day, it has huge impacts on health? you can be skinny, but that doesn''t mean you''re healthy! and i''d be
29.gif
too if she said that a 12 was large- that''s pretty average!

apple- it''s good that you''re not getting down and not exercising just bc you''re "workout buddy" isn''t- way to stick to your guns!

smurphy- sorry about DH''s back! hope he feels better soon. keep up your hard work!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for me- I''m feeling pretty good. I''ve been SO SORE from the P90X. My legs have been killing me the past two days. Yesterday I was really happy because I could do the entire Arms/Shoulders routines and didn''t have to modify anything. I even did better on the ab routine than I did two days ago. Then afterwards, since the weather was so nice, DH and I hit the driving range so I could test out my new clubs- they are SO nice and I felt so consistent. Good day overall. Since DH doesn''t work tomorrow but I do, I''m pissed- he gets to go golfing! I''ve packed my lunch the past two days ("chef" salads- basically whatever i''ve got around the house!) and a chobani. Yoga is up on the docket for tonight- i''m almost halfway done with my first week! yay!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Almost Friday! Woot!

36.gif

I was SO tired yesterday. I had to forgo my workout. We had trout, broccoli and couscous. It was wonderful as always. We visited with a friend that lives downtown after dinner. His location is amazing! Now, DH and I don’t have a bad spot in town, but he was IN the city. Our lease is up in October, so I’m sure we’ll be looking to move into a better location. I’m dreaming of a loft. We had one in WV and I miss it.

40.gif

Today I’ll run some miles and do weight training. We’ll prob do chix tacos tonight. (I do chicken, seasoning, romaine lettuce, salsa, and whole wheat tortilla). It’s the NIT basketball championship game tonight, and with hubs being a die-hard UNC fan, we’ll be watching.

28.gif

DH and I are trying to get tickets to our fav band. They are playing in Telluride this summer, which is a crazy mountain town in CO with an amazing venue! Sooo, wish us luck with getting tickets.

32.gif
Tickets are always so hard to get.
29.gif

Lisa- Hope the run with the pup went well. Our friend we saw last night has an English Bull dog; he was soo cute. When do you plan to officially start your marathon training?

SS- I hope you and your LO are doing well!

Apple- Hills are brutal.

14.gif
I don’t like em. Luckily, I don’t run them in the city because there are none!

Dragon- Have fun at the wedding this weekend!!

Deegee- I’ll be rockin the WVU shirt tomorrow! I’ll only be working in the office until 12:30pm but, that’ll be good enough. And we’re always allowed jeans on Friday. Thank goodness! I love Bermuda shorts. I think they look good on just about any shape!

Pinki- So I did some miles outside in my running skirt, and I have to report back that it was really comfortable. I didn’t mess with it once. It was even a little windy, and did not expose myself at all. I recommend them. I have skirts from www.runningskirts.com.

Smurfy- Sorry to hear about your DH. Good for you that you are still working out.

Charbie- I love being sore! Love the feeling of a good workout. Ok, more so with abs and arms. Sore legs after a long run just suck.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone
I got in a weight routine. I was hoping to get myself up at 6 AM this morning to do cardio..... alarm went off.... heard SO get up... listened to him re setting the alarm......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I''m riding this afternoon and tonight''s workout will probably be cardio... after we switch dining room tables out.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the good thoughts, HLTers!

deegee~ JT was 10lb 7oz, so actually a 9lb baby seems tiny to me. lol. When the dr told me the estimated weight, I was nodding like "okay, great" and the nurse looked terrified. The wedding went well. No major mishaps. The cross necklaces have some filigree work to them so they weren''t so in-your-face-2"-crosses. That helped! I haven''t seen the pics yet, but I''m keeping my fingers crossed that they won''t be as tacky as I had anticipated!

Again, nothing really to report. I sat down to rest because I keep getting braxton hicks. They are already driving me nuts. And I have lots of weeks to go! On the bright side, we got over 80* today and were able to spend a long time outdoors. I still want to do yard work as soon as I get outside but I have to resist until I get the all clear from the doc in another 1.5 weeks....

Sorry for not posting individually.....I should figure out supper.....bye for now!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!Marty is my hero.My laptop was “toast” last night but he fixed it.The last time I backed up my files was 19 months ago when I we bought this computer.I was really worried today that I’d lost all of my files but things are all good now and I did just copy most of my files over to our backup hard drive.

We had thundersnows today.How fun!We had about 5 inches of wet, heavy snow on the car when we left to come home today.I was nice and went out to the car and got it started and brushed off the snow.

Appletini, your workout on the treadmill sounds challenging.

Dragonfly, have fun at the wedding this weekend.

Smurfyimproved, I bet the sopapillas were divine.I think they are quite delicious.I am sure your gain is only water weight and it will come right back off.I hope your husband’s nerve starts to feel better.I hear that can be very painful.

Charbie, rats for losing your post.Marty will be jealous too that your husband gets to go play golf.We seem to have some nice days during the week then bad weather on the weekend so he can’t get out there to play golf.

Rod, the 2 months before you move will fly by for you.I am sure you are looking forward to your new place.

Deegee, I hope to get my pendant on Saturday.Brownies are tough to pass up.How exciting you bought some shorts.Good plan to not work so much.

NYCSparkle, it sounds like your mom isn’t ready to make some changes in her life but at least she is thinking about it.Good plan to brush your teeth at 8.I won’t eat after I brush and floss either.Woo hoo for losing pounds and inches.

36.gif

Beach Runner, I am sure you can find a nice loft in the downtown area.How fun!Did you get any snow today?Good luck getting your tickets.

Somethingshiny, glad to hear the wedding went well.Your weather sounds nice.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

I just printed out our taxes and wrote our check. I will get it in the mail tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results