shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 30th June till 6th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I wanted to start off this week's thread by heartily congratulating you all for the hard work and effort you all put in towards healthier living. Also both veteran HLTers and to our new members, thank you for all participating in the new thread and making it such a great place to share tips and motivation, and all the many different ways you all support each other!

But I also wanted to congratulate one person in particular this week, and I know you will all want to join me in doing so. Marcy has now lost in the region of 160 pounds and is at or almost at her goal. Marcy, we salute you on your incredible achievement!!!! You are an inspiration to so many, not only for the amount of weight you have lost, but on the way you have worked patiently and consistently towards your goals, by making such a wonderful lifestyle change. I thank you for sharing your journey with us, and we are privileged to have you here!

Marcy - quite simply you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Have a wonderful vacation, and if you can't manage to pop in, we will look forward to seeing you on your return
35.gif

Have a great week everyone!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I agree Marcy YOU DO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Sorry I was absent, I was out of town and had no computer access thanks to storms
7.gif
. Saturday I got to go swimming for a few hours and Sunday I picked blackberries and did jumping jacks before bed. This morning I got up and ran for 30 mins, then did some abdominal moves (bicycle, russian twist, leg lifts, reverse crunches, 100, plank, superman, and side plank rotations.). Tonight I plan to do yoga for an hour. B was eggs with tea. L is Morning Star chicken nuggs with steamed veggies. Dinn not sure yet, probably salmon.

Still on the job hunt. I have a place that wants to schedule an interview sometime in the next week so cross your fingers for me.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to TBT today, it was a great workout. Afterwards the boot camp instructor was trying to recruit me for his class, I told him not to hold his breath. I know its a good workout, but the format of the class just doesn''t work for me. I have PT tomorrow.

YAY MARCY!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lorelei for the announcement. I''ve not checked in much recently so I was unaware that MARCY ROCKS!!

Congratulations, Marcy!!!!!

JT is feeling better after yet another bout of tonsillitis so I was able to do yoga yesterday! Unfortunately, it had been too long between workouts and I over exerted myself a bit. My shoulder is quite sore because I thought "2 weeks off yoga, no big deal. I SHOULD do a balancing pose on just a heel and a hand!" Turns out, I should not have!

We have lots of festivities planned for this week and weekend, but I''ve already decided to limit myself on alcohol and food throughout the activities. I have a size 14 skirt that I''m wearing for a 4th of July party, and since it''s been a WHILE since I was in a 14, I figure it''ll be worth NOT eating and drinking!! Cause I''ll look cute--more so than usual!!

I hope everything is going well for all of you!

Rod~ I hope your brother is feeling better, or at least on the mend.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2008 2:32:09 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Thanks, Lorelei for the announcement. I''ve not checked in much recently so I was unaware that MARCY ROCKS!!

Congratulations, Marcy!!!!!

JT is feeling better after yet another bout of tonsillitis so I was able to do yoga yesterday! Unfortunately, it had been too long between workouts and I over exerted myself a bit. My shoulder is quite sore because I thought ''2 weeks off yoga, no big deal. I SHOULD do a balancing pose on just a heel and a hand!'' Turns out, I should not have!

We have lots of festivities planned for this week and weekend, but I''ve already decided to limit myself on alcohol and food throughout the activities. I have a size 14 skirt that I''m wearing for a 4th of July party, and since it''s been a WHILE since I was in a 14, I figure it''ll be worth NOT eating and drinking!! Cause I''ll look cute--more so than usual!!

I hope everything is going well for all of you!

Rod~ I hope your brother is feeling better, or at least on the mend.
WOO HOO!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Feels good doesn''t it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon all!!! I got my allergy shots today and fed Trevor; today is my last day watching him. He is so cute; I had to get extra doggie hugs from him. hehe
2.gif
3.gif
I probably won''t workout, since my knees need a rest. I may just do some push ups and sit ups. Everyone on this thread is so inspiring!!! Have a wonderful and happy go lucky day!!!
35.gif

Lorelei, thanks for the great opening!!! Marcy is an inspiration!

Marcy, wooo hooo! Have a wonderful trip!

Steph, we miss you!!!!

Rod, how was your 1st day sweetie; I bet everyone was so happy to have you on board!!! Those lucky people. hehe How is your brother?

Apple, yay for the total body workout!

Hey there Tacori, hope you had a great workout!!!

SS, yay for a smaller size; I bet your hubby was think wooo hoo! hehe

Dragonfly, yay for the workout; praying you find a job soon!!! Fingers crossed!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I loved your photo collage! Wow! You look great.

So I am realizing how few 1,500 calories are a day!
15.gif
I wonder what I was eating before. So I am basically hungry all the time (not all, but I am feeling sorry for myself
3.gif
) and DH brings home this huge cookie cake
23.gif
But I promise I was good and did not have a single bite.

Did 30 mins on treadmill today. Our screen broke so I don''t know how fast I was going but I was sweating so that''s good.

How is everyone else doing?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 2:54:34 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
So I am realizing how few 1,500 calories are a day!
15.gif
I wonder what I was eating before. So I am basically hungry all the time (not all, but I am feeling sorry for myself
3.gif
) and DH brings home this huge cookie cake
23.gif
But I promise I was good and did not have a single bite.

Did 30 mins on treadmill today. Our screen broke so I don't know how fast I was going but I was sweating so that's good.

How is everyone else doing?
Tacori, when I had to cut back on calories, I thought the same exact thing, so I completely understand!!! Can you eat 5 small meals a day? That helps me and I like to have a sugarfree candy too, which helps but maybe up your protein too.
1.gif
Like for breakfast I have canadian bacon (or center cut bacon) with egg whites on light bread and that comes out to about 200 calories and keeps me full in the morning and then have a Trader Joe's light cheese stick at 11am for about 60 calories. Protein keeps me full longer.
41.gif

ETA: COATI, yay for acing your exam!!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Marcyc You look amazing in your photos! I'm so happy for you! You look FANTASTIC!! Way to go!
36.gif

Tacori good job on the workout! 1,500 calories is not a lot--I feel you there. I try to eat an apple when I get hungry in between meals. They fill me up and take a bit of time to eat. You'll be at your goal weight in no time!

Thanks for that opening congratulation for Marcyc, Lorelei! She truly is an inspiration.
1.gif

Kimberly--meant to say thanks in last week's thread--so thanks!

I had my written diamond final today--anticlimactic after the 5 stone exam last Friday. Aced it! So now, I have a ton of colored stone homework.

Off to treadmill!

Happy Monday everyone!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy!
9.gif

Dragonfly *fingers crossed for you!

Somethingshiny hope your shoulder feels better!

Apple way to be on your workout!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy & coati! Just a shock I guess. I still need to learn how to use my calories to my advantage.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2008 3:37:29 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks Skippy & coati! Just a shock I guess. I still need to learn how to use my calories to my advantage.
You will do it Tacori, it can take a little experimentation until you find something that works, but do make sure you are having enough protein, that makes a big difference I have found.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, the Kashi granola bars really help me to sustain energy throughout the day. Experiment with different things to find what works for you.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday All!

And ditto your opener, Lorelei. Marcy is a champion.

My weight sucks, and I''m bummed, and I''m working towards fixing it starting today. I''ve gained a few pounds, and while it''s not tragic it''s just so easy to go off-track, so back to being more regimented is where I''m at.

Tacori, play with your food a bit, try different combinations of meal times and types of food you eat, also seek out low cal snacks, like carrots, when you''re struggling. You can do it!

School was good today. I leave for babysitting in a bit. J has promised a health, light dinner.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly~ I forgot to write it earlier, but you have a heck of a workout!! I get exhausted just reading about it!! Have good yoga tonight!!

Apple~ For some reason the thought of Recruiting at a TBT class makes me laugh!! Glad you had a good workout though.

Lorelei~ Thank you!! It does feel good. But, I must admit, my bum doesn''t fit into a size 14 pants, skirts give a bit more room in the rear. I''m still good with it though!!

Skippy~ How often do you get allergy shots?? I''ve been thinking about getting shots instead of messing with OTC and RX pills that still leave my eyes itchy and my nose sneezy. Oh, and thanks for the Woo Hoo. DH doesn''t actually notice. If it was the TOP half, he''d notice, but not so much on the bottom!

Tacori~ I don''t count calories but since I''ve increased my fiber I''ve really cut down on my munching. Those Fiber One bars are really good, fill the chocolate spot, and keep me full for a long time.

Coati~ I didn''t realize you were in GIA (?) classes. That''s so cool! btw-love your avatar, I caught the whole collection of pics but never posted on that thread.

Kimi~ You have great will power, I''m sure you''ll bring your weight right back down. Wish my DH was home to cook for me!!

Have a great tomorrow all!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys
35.gif

I''m back from Atlanta. We had a great trip. The wedding was fab and such fun to see all my girlfriends from high school. It was a blast and we got the kids together during the week and then the girls all went out for drinks and to see SATC finally! It was sooo good! Anyway, I was pretty good during the trip food wise besides 1 trip to my fave Mexican place. I worked out a few times during the trip swimming, running and riding my mom''s stationary bike. I still need to go back and scan through the tread, and will post more later. Oh Woohooo to you Marcy, you are a rock star!

Oh, here is a pic of Adam and me at the wedding. Have a great night everyone!

adam&steph.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph you guys are so cute.

just a quick check in to say hi to everyone!!! i actually am doing a little mini sugar detox this week, not really a whole detox but just a ''lets eat less sugar and eat cleaner for a week''...actually only til 4th of july cuz all week isn''t doable lol! but overall i am doing fine...still doing zumba, pilates, cardio...working out 5x a week.

hope everyone is doing well and KUDOS marcy on meeting or almost meeting your goal, i bet you look fab (i didn''t go back and look at last week''s thread!)...!! you are a rockstar (people mag?!?!).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I really like promax protein bars. They are kind of high in calories (290) but are big and keep me full and have 20 g of protein. I eat it as a meal replacement (sometimes don''t have time for a meal if the baby is fussy).

apple, I have not tried the kashi bars....will look into it. Thanks!

kimberly, carrots are a good idea. I LOVE hummas and probably can eat more if I sub. the pita chips (I know bad but SO good) with carrots.

SS, I need fiber! How else do you eat it besides the bars?

Steph, you guys are SO cute! Sounds like you had a great trip!

Mara, you are such a good baker I am impress you can detox
2.gif
I hear ya on the holiday weekend. Probably NOT the best time to start a diet
32.gif

I am proud of myself. I took T for a walk (finally cooled down). So that means I did about 50 mins of cardio today.
36.gif
I only have 350 calories left and what I have planned for dinner is 420 but that okay right? I figured my walk burned the extra 70.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~ I also eat the Fiber One cereal in the morning. It keeps me full until lunch. And, I actually measure out only 1 cup of it. (which is the serving size) The cereal is 50% of daily fiber amount, the bars are 20%, and then I get the rest from my meals. It really has helped significantly with my hunger. I didn''t realize how much I was snacking throughout the day, especially with JT. If he was having a graham er, I''d grab one too. If he left a couple bites of a grilled cheese, I''d eat that. If he wanted to share a snack, I would. (actually, I still share snacks, but not as much...)

And, don''t deprive yourself. I''ve never been a counter, and I know it works for some people, but for me it''s just depressing. Maybe it would help to know the calories of a few of your basic meals. Then you really don''t need to count the calories, you just know that "x" dinner is 400, "y" lunch is 250, etc. Or, I''ve heard of dieters who make a list of breakfasts, lunches, suppers, and snacks that equal their regimented calories. Then they just choose a column and eat that for the day. If you know a couple of swaps in your meals, it wouldn''t seem so blah.

Good Luck!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks SS! My parents always complained about gaining weight when we were little by finishing all of our food! Haha! I guess I''ll have to try NOT to do that once Tessa starts eating something more appetizing.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, thank you! Good to see you here....we''ve missed you! By the way, I had never heard of Fage before you talked about it, so I decided to give it a try tonight and it was really good. I mixed some honey in with it, yum! Hope you''ll keep checking back in!

Tacori, thank you so much! Glad to see you here. You sound like you are doing awesome...you have way more willpower than me, cookie cakes are my weakness!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........Well, today was my first day on the new job. Can you say Information Overload?? I can. I got to work at 8 AM and left at 6 PM with a headache and my mind just spinning. And I'm already at home working tonight (thank goodness Monday's are not fitness days!). It was a good day. They have a regimented three week training program, so just about every minute of the day is planned out and I'm in training sessions with people from all across the country, via conference calls and on-line presentations. There's so much to learn and absord. About 4 PM, my poor little head just couldn't take any more information. The people are all very nice and pleasant and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy working with them. The office, while cramped is in a great building, with a cafe (I had a healthy turkey wrap there for lunch and it was quite good) and the office includes a full fitness center. I won't likely use the fitness center as it still pales in comparison to our gym and with only an hour for lunch, I would just be getting into my workout and have to end and go back to work. I already have a search assignment and have been searching the net for candidates for a really tough position in NY, NY. So, the first day went well. They're closing the company down midday on Thursday for the 4th and we're off on Friday, so I really only have a 3.5 workday week for my first week. Woo Hoo!!

Since I'm in the middle of a candidate search, I can't really say hey to everyone. Of course as Marcy was the central theme of this week's as usual wonderul weekly opener from Lorelei, I think Marcy knows how very very very proud I am of her accomplishments! She does Rock for sure!!

Steph, what a beautiful couple the two of you make!

Skippy, thanks for thinking of me today. I won't be able to check in during work hours (they frown on using the net for anything other than work), but will of course check in at night. Thanks for asking about my brother. He's doing much better, but we still won't know what is really wrong for a few more weeks.

Good luck with the upcoming interview Dragon!! Fingers crossed for you big time!

SS, thanks for asking about my brother too.

It's about time you checked in Mara. Boy, when you said you were becoming a lurker, you really became a lurker. I miss reading your writings everyday and wish you'd at least check in with some regularity.

OK.....back to work. Daddy needs some new shoes..........LOL

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, yay for the workout, you go girl!!!!! You are doing awesome! The chocolate chip fiber one bars are soooo yummy Tacori, like a chocolate chip cookie. hehe

Mara, good to see you; we want to see you around more often!!! How is Greg and Portia pup and work?

Rod, yay for your first day; yes, don't check in during work hours, I completely understand!!! I agree those first few weeks are exhausting with all the info you have to absorb!!!
41.gif
I hope you find a recruit soon!!

SS, glad you are loving the fiber one bars; I have one everyday for a snack and my fiber intake. When I first started shots I got them 2x a week; now I go every other week. It takes about 1 year of shots for them to work. Have you had the scratch test??? I also take meds; hubby and I really should move since I am allergic to everything here. How is JT?

Steph, you and Adam look wonderful; you are a beautiful lady!!! Glad you had a wonderful time with family and friends and had fun at the wedding!!! I bet everyone was so happy to see Andrew!

Right now I finished eating spinach pie (trader joe's low fat) and we are babysitting my nephew. He is soooo cute!!!! hehe My hubby is playing legos with him. I am hoping I get to sneak a watch at the Bachelorette Finale!
Sweet dreams all
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Well, we had blue skies all day today, hoooooray
36.gif
. Just gorgeous out. Mazie and I went for a nice long walk.

Steph: You and Adam are adorable. What a darling couple you make. I am so glad you had fun at the wedding and with your girlfriends.

Kimi: You will get the weight off, don''t worry. I am having problems too. I am hungry all the time, I don''t know what is going on with me. Nothing is filling me up.
9.gif
. I was doing great, that wham. I really have to watch what I eat.

Skippy sweetie pie: I am going to have to try Trader Joe''s low fat spinach pie. We have a TJ close by to us. I think I will stop in there tomorrow. Glad you are having fun with your nephew.

Hey Mara: We sure miss you. How was the smoke in your area??? It was awful here.

Rod: I can certainly understand your headache the first day of work. I used to get them too. All the information they throw at you the first few days. Ugh!!! You will know the job in no time at all. Glad you only have to work a few days this week. Say hello to Charlie for me.

SS: I am going to have to try the Fiber One cereal too. I need something to fill me up.

Tacori: Glad you got a workout in. Bet Tessa loves going for a walk in her stroller, tee hee. How is that precious little baby?

Have a great evening all.

Linda

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph, it is sitting in front of me (on the coffee table) right now! But I have been good. I just chant "I hate being fat MORE than I like cookie cake". It worked today...we''ll see about tomorrow.

Rod, congrats on your new job! Gotta love those short work weeks. I am sure once everything settles you will enjoy it.

Skippy, I''ll have to try those! Where can I buy them? How is your cute nephew?

Linda, oh she is such a drama queen. I SWEAR he rolled her eyes today. Aye! I might be in trouble
2.gif
But she really is a delight and worth the *temporary* pudge.
9.gif
We just laugh at each other all day long.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~ Once Tessa''s off the mushed up carrots, it''ll be more tempting!! And, I was incorrect on the Fiber in the Fiber bars. It''s actually 35%.

Steph~ I''ve never seen a pic besides your avatar, you guys are beautiful!!

Hi, Mara!

Rod~ I''m so behind. Congrats on the new job!! A 3.5 day work week seems a good way to start!!

Skippy~ I eat a Fiber One bar nearly everyday and I''ve taken to keeping one in my bag. Then, if I''m out and about I don''t ever have to stop and grab fast food. I haven''t had the scratch test, I''m allergic to so much it always seemed like it would be awful! I''m allergic to all the regular pollen, molds, etc. and lots of fragrances, additives, etc in cosmetics and hair products. I also get hives on my mouth occasionally, but I can''t figure out what they''re from. My lip swells up like Angelina Jolie, which would be okay except DH finds her hideous (lucky me!!). Thanks for asking about JT. He''s feeling good at the moment. But, I fully expect it back within 3 weeks. I''ve decided to take him to the dr everytime he starts the high fever (which starts at the beginning of the tonsillitis). Maybe once they have enough documentation of it, something will be done. It seems if it''s not noted by a physician, the specialists don''t believe the mom.

Hi, Linda! The cereal is great, and it comes in a few flavors so you won''t get bored. JT even eats it dry.

okay, I have been on the computer way too much today. Good night!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, congrats on your first day. Sounds like it went well. Glad there is a cafe where you can grab a healthy lunch. Thanks for the compliment
1.gif

Skippy, thanks so much. Glad you are having fun babysitting and hope you got to watch the Bachelorette tonight, I just finished watching and it was really good.

Linda, thank you so much, you are so sweet. Haven''t read up, but hope you are feeling better than last week.

Tacori, that is a good idea...I need to remember that saying when I have a craving
2.gif

Somethingshiny, thanks girl. I''m all about the fiber one bars too. I love them, especially the chocolate one. I keep them around at all times in case I get a chocolate craving and that satisfies it pretty well.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

I haven''t posted much since I can no longer post from home (mac) but I have been reading!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the smaller meals more often/more protein suggestions. I have been using both and it is helping. I bought the Special K Protein water (anyone tried it?) and it is actually pretty good! I have a hard time getting lean protein in, since I only eat fish. Maybe I will start eating Turkey again...

Last night I went out to eat, but I was so proud of myself I had the steamed mussels and clams (with white wine sauce) and rice. Tonight is a party for a friend at a Mexican restautant, so I am sure that I will not do so well! I am trying to not eat much today to save up.

Also, I have discovered fresh pineapple as the best dessert EVER!!!!

Marcy your pics are fanstastic!! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miscka, can you download firefox? That is what I use (on my mac).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I''ll get it off, but I''m still really bummed, and a bit befuddled as I haven''t been snacking more, etc. I gained 2 pounds after we got back from NY, which makes no sense. And I''m feeling some trepidation as we are talking about going out of town for the weekend and I don''t want to put the kibash on a trip, I''d really like to go, but I also don''t want to gain any more weight. GRRR! Maybe we can spend a lot of time hiking (we already do that when we travel, though).

Yesterday was work and babysitting, which meant no time to workout. Today is just work, so I will be exercising this afternoon.

Linda, it''s so hard sometimes, when you feel like you''re doing all the right things and your body says "Just jokes!"

Steph, glad you had a great trip. Great picture of you and Adam.

Hi Mara!

SS, great recommendations for Tacori. Calorie counting doesn''t work for everyone, your idea of making lists of daily eating may be the way to go.

Tacori, there''s no need to be super strict with calories, if you go over a bit, you go over a bit, in most cases it will have no effect. I use the calories as a guideline. It''s been a few months since I''ve counted cals, but some weeks I''d average a whole week together to see how I did instead of looking at each day.

Rod, congratulations on starting the new job. Hope your brain survives the first few weeks. Getting acclimated is difficult.

Have a great day all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results