shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd June till 29th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

LOL, no Taco doesn''t go for a walk. When it is warm out, I put his cage outside and he sits outside with us. But......, they do have little birdie harnesses for birds. That way you can put them on your shoulder when you walk and they are safe. Taco would NEVER go for that idea, ha ha ha ha. He would squawk and yell at me the whole time. Lentil soup sounds delicious.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, LOl, okay, I thought you might take Taco on a birdie harness.

Hubby and I saw Wall-E today and it was so cute
face23.gif
; I was hesitant on going but now I am glad we saw it. I plan to go walking with my cousin. Catch you all Monday
35.gif
Rod, i will be thinking of you tomorrow

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey...

The morning was boring for a Sunday morning, but then I met Charlie at 2 PM at Sbucks and the rest of the day has been really nice. I knew he would be hungry, so I made him a nice thick turkey and swiss sandwich and a Fuji Apple to eat while we had our coffee (looking at the oak, not under it, as it's just SO hot this time of year). Then we headed to the gym and we enjoyed a very strong 3 hour workout. Neither of us had been to the gym since Thursday, so I guess we felt we needed to make up for lost time. Nothing makes me feel better or put me in a better mood than a nice long workout. And I got my favorite elliptical and all was nice with the world. Dinner was a repeat of last Sunday's dinner, which was so so good. Fresh Salmon, steamed jumbo shrimp (Maryland style) and fresh Silver Queen (white) corn. The corn in particular was just so fresh and crackly sweet. We do get fantastic corn in Florida during the summer months. Then we went to the Sbucks closer to our condo and had coffee and split a piece of crumb cake for something sweet. We're going to watch Design Star on HGTV, which is very entertaining this year.

I would have loved to have enjoyed a lobster with John, Kimberly. Lobster is my extra special treat. Charlie and I will be celebrating 28 years together this coming Friday (4th of July) and I'm thinking of getting Maine Lobsters and fixing them at home. He'll be working that day, so I'll have a really nice dinner ready when he get's home. Sounds like the bookstore would offer lousy hours, so it makes sense you woudn't want to do that.

I'm glad it's cooled off Skippy and you enjoyed your walk. Wall-E looks so cute. I'm not sure we'll see it in a theatre, but will surely get it when it's available for rent. I love lentil soup too. I hope it's great! Thanks for thinking of me tomorrow. I'll write all about my first day on the job when I get home tomorrow night. Charlie will be working, so I've got the evening to myself.

Linda, somehow I just can't see a bird on a harness, but I guess if trained for them, they do well. I hope you got to be outside doing fun things all day!

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful weekend for sure!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod: Glad you and Charlie had a wonderful day. That is wonderful you have been 28 years, that is really special. I will say Happy Anniversary to you. Your dinner sounded delicious. I made stew tonight for Rick and I. My daughter and the boys are out visiting friends all day today, so we had the house to ourselves.

It is smoky, again today, we thought it would be completely gone bye this morning. Our eyes were burning and my asthma started up again. Poop!!! We stayed in and watched movies and I did all the laundrey and cleaning. What a fun day, ha ha ha ha ha.

I hope it clears, as I scheduled camping next week. We are supposed to leave on Thursday and return on Sunday. I''ll keep checking the air quality. If it is bad, I''ll cancel the reservations again.

The larger birds do well with harnesses. We saw last month with his owner. A large Macaw, he was beautiful. The owner said he just lifts his wings and loves the harness. ha ha ha. He knows it is time to go out for a walk, or a drive. It made us laugh.

Have a great evening all.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results