shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 19th October till 25th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
shiny - the Princess Bride is my ALL TIME FAVORITE movie! I''m going to have to watch that tonight!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Last night I went to a Tastefully Simple party.Their food seems pretty good.On the way home I almost hit a deer.It scared me and everything went flying off my seat when I slammed on the breaks.Marty was asleep when I got home but I found the new Monk episode airing again so I watched it before going to bed.

This morning I made pancakes for breakfast then we both went out and ran our errands.We then went shopping, picked up some things for Marty’s trip then split lunch at Chilis.This afternoon I had to go to work for awhile and I got our laundry done.We had homemade tacos for supper.

I guess I need to get up at 3:30 am to head to the airport.I will DIE getting up that early.The forecast calls for rain / snow tonight so send PS dust my way that the roads are not icy.

I ordered a new fleece jacket from Lands End.I have a pink down vest from them and one of their heavenly fleece jackets.It is a warm jacket but sheds like a cat.This time I ordered the basic polartec 200 – and since pink is not the color for this year that color is on sale.Woo hoo. LL Bean has a sweatshirt jacket lined with fleece so I have it on the way as well.I am getting ready for a COLD winter.

Steel, I have enough leftovers between my roast and tacos I won’t have to fix anything for lunch next week.Yippee!!!What are “willies”?Glad you enjoyed walking in the rain.

Skippy, yay to Mr Skippy and friends for building a habitat for humanity house.

Dragonfly, you want a live chicken?Fresh eggs?Sounds like you will have a great cheering section.

Tlh, I hope you find the Little Dipper too.It sounds like your morning skies are not too bad.

Somethingshiny, how nice of you to clean house for your grandparents.It sounds like that is quite a workout for you.Enjoy your pizza and veggies.

Deegee, I am going to have to watch that movie now.

Take care.

Marcy

35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
eeek, how scary Marcy; glad you are safe. Have a safe trip at 3 am, sending good vibes your way.

I am going hiking w/my friend tomorrow. Happy Sat. TLH, SS, MARCY, DEEGEE and friends!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ It seems nothing gets your heart pumping like those two eyes staring at you while driving 55mph! Deer in the road is one of the few occasions that I cuss like a sailor. Glad you''re safe!! I can''t believe Marty is leaving again already, seems like he just got home. Have a safe airport trip! btw-pink is not the color? pink is ALWAYS the color!

deegee~ I love that movie too. I own it but I still watch it every time it''s on TV.
20.gif

Skippy~ Hope you have an awesome hike!!! We were going to go for a short hike today but my little sis called this morn to tell me she''ll be home today from college. JT misses his auntie like crazy so the hike is postponed for a pizza party.

Our weather took a turn for the better so we''re trying to enjoy some of the last comfortable days of the year. DH''s job is going well. His boss made a point to come up and talk with him a lot on Fri to tell him how glad he is that DH came there.

Down 5 lbs!! I really can''t believe that increasing my calories has helped me feel soo much better. I never felt like I had low energy or anything, but now that I have more calories I feel like I can''t sit still.

Hope you''ve all had a great weekend!! See you on next week''s thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you had a great Sunday.We were in the car by 3:45 this morning.We had snow here but the streets were just wet.About 25 mouths south of town it turned to sleet then about 20 miles more it became rain.The last 20 miles was just cloudy but dry.We got to DIA about 5:45 so I headed home.I was going to stop and have breakfast somewhere but it was still dark and I didn’t know if places were open yet so I just headed home.I got home a little after 7.

Marty used some of his frequent flyer status to get upgraded for first class between Denver and San Francisco.He said he had breakfast and more leg room.He will land in Hong Kong about 3:35 am our time tomorrow morning.

I am pretty tired today and have been eating comfort food.I even opened my Halloween candy and tried one of each (they are fun size).I actually took a nap which is something I never do.I made homemade biscuits for breakfast, low fat pizza for lunch and a PB sandwich for supper with baked lays.

Skippy, I hope you had a nice hike.

Somethingshiny, yes those eyes staring back at you can really get your heart pumping.We actually drove over a skunk on that same road some time.I don’t think we hit it at all (our car his fairly high profile) but it sure smelled like skunk for a few days.It’s stripe blended in with the stripe on the road.I am with you; pink is the color.My niece asked me if everything I own is pink.Surprisingly it’s not.Glad to hear the weather is going well.How wonderful your husband is getting positive feedback at work.That is nice.Congratulations for losing 5 pounds.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How exciting.I am delighted to hear eating more is making you feel better too.

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, I had a fun hike and a long walk this evening. We are going hiking again next weekend! hehe I made this really yummy chicken dish for dinner from Eating Well; I will post it up top! Hubby said this is so good it can be served to company. hehe

SS, congrats on 5 lbs, that is super awesome!!!!!!!

MARCY, glad you got a nap; I would need one too.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone.......sorry for being MIA, but I just needed a few days of nothing, including being online. I was so tired Thursday that my boss suggested I needed a mental health day, so she insisted I take Friday off. I am lucky that my boss is a kind person. So, I took the day off and haven't really done anything much since then. I mean, really nothing. I decided I needed a few days off from the gym too. I worked out hard enough Thursday to make a few days a way a good thing. I mean, I really really worked out hard. I lifted more, pushed more, just plain did more, so my muscles needed a break. I've eaten fine this weekend. The weather's been much nicer than predicted. It was supposed to be hot this weekend, but today's high was about 77 and right now, it's actually cool in the 60s. Woo Hoo! Charlie will be home in time for Monday night sushi tomorrow. The few days break has been nice, but I'm ready for him to come home!!

Since I've been MIA since Thursday, there are just too many posts for an individual reply to everyone.

I do want to welcome Danielle to our healthy family. You're right. For the most part the HLT is mainly ladies, but Ted and I are the two guys here. Aren't we lucky to have such lovely company!!

Wow Marcy......Marty's already back in HK? Is this going to keep going on long term? You take care and stay warm dear friend!

To everyone else, HEY HEY HEY. I hope you all had a wonderful and healthy weekend.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, your chicken dish sounds great. Glad you had a nice walk.

Rod, I am glad your boss gave you a day off so you could have a quiet, relaxing weekend. Marty should be done with Hong Kong after his next trip which ends in mid December.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results