shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 19th October till 25th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all,

Running a bit late today so just kicking us off quickly!

Have a great week!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Howdy all, so I got in some stair runs, push ups, squats, lunges, crunches, bridge pose and a brisk walk yesterday. I''m down to the wire, 5k is this coming weekend. Tonight I"m running stairs like a mad woman. Tomorrow morning I''m going to jog morning and evening. I want to feel prepped.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! It is cold here for FL so I am going to enjoy some cider later tonight as well.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Hi lorelei!
35.gif

DF- good luck on your 5k this weekend!

Marcy- I love the photos! You are soo tiny!

Everyone Happy Monday! (Sorry I don''t have time to give a personal shout out to everyone!)

Weekend was fun, got some long runs in, and man on Saturday my hubs and I got into a quabble about something, and I didn''t want to run. I''m actually not that fast when irked, much faster happy! It took me almost an hour to calm down, then I figured, heck, I''m enjoying myself, so I kept running for an additional 75 minutes. I did my recovery run Sunday w/ my poochie... and when I came back my hubs gave him a bath. It was funny, little guy doesn''t like bath time, but LOVES being blow dried. Funny little thing. Well the whip is cracking, so I''m in for some long days at the office.

“The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” Oscar Wilde

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

Lorelei, you faithfully start us off each week but I feel like I don''t know what you''ve been up to. You know, whatever shenanigans, ploys, mischievious games...the usual Lorelei stuff. What are you doing over there my dear? Is the weather pahnts? (Gosh that seems so long ago).

Dragonfly, good luck to you on your 5K!

tlh, all I can say is (to your husband)
paddle.gif
. But hey, at least it''s over now and you got an extra push to run longer! Hooray for that. I totally understand how you felt though! Those husbands.
1237392xqjdgfjci8.gif

My visit to the neurologist didn''t produce any exciting news. Probably mild carpal tunnel. I go back in 3 wks for electro diagnostic testing on my nerves. It''s not painful really, just annoying because it gets in the way of doing things. Oh well...I''ll just keep wearing those ugly wrist splints until something better comes along
7.gif

Off to find lunch now! Have a great day everyone.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I am back from St. Augustine, FL. It was hot hot hot out there but it was fun because we had a house right on the beach and the water was so pretty. I went running and I felt like I could run forever!
9.gif
hehe I think since we are so high in elevation 5,300 it is harder on the lunges here in NM and it felt so much easier to breath out there, hence easier to run.
1.gif
I ran a few times on the beach and did several walks with the family. We ate some indulgent meals but I the excercise kept me the same so I didn't gain, YAY!!!

It was nice to be with my hubby's family and my nephew's grown so much! My FIL now wants us all to go to Alaska since this trip was so fun! I also was glad not to have allergies out there. This weekend I did two 4 mi walks with my cousin. Nothing else too exciting going on. Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!
35.gif

Lorelei, thanks for the opening!! How are you?

DRAGONFLY, hey kudos on your upcoming run!!! You will do awesome!!!!!

TLH, woohooo for your uber runs this weekend! that is funny about your doggie being blow dried. hehe

CJ, good to see you! Oh no to the carpal tunnel; I hope you feel better soon.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

Lorelei~ Hope everything is going ok!

dragonfly~ Great workouts! Good luck for a great 5k!

tlh~
23.gif
That''s a long run....

CJ~ Sorry about the carpal tunnel. I know it can be so irksome.

Skippy~ You always do so great staying healthy even when you''re on vacation!

Marcy~ I''ll look forward to the opals!!

lliang~ Wait til you start hearing "so, how''s married life?" every day for the first year!!

I did 30 mins of hard cardio and 30 min on my ball. You people have rubbed off on me. I was actually happy that I was sweating and glad to feel the abdominal pain!
20.gif
Anyway, DH starts his new job today. He''ll be leaving in about an hour, so I''m gonna go for now.

Have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, thanks! I thought of you because we switched from cable to direct tv and I saw the fitness channel w/the awesome yoga you do; it looks like a great channel!!! YAY for your hubby, congrats!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - I EXPECT A FULL REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
CJ- sorry about the non-news. Hope you get to recover soon so you can sport a hefty piece of jewelry!
9.gif

Skippy- yup high elevations make it a little more difficult to breathe, glad you had fun in florida.. details missy!
shiny- great workout... eh, my run wasn''t that long.. only about 20 minutes longer than scheduled... just took a while to calm down.

Ah - thank goodness.. the end of my monday! phew!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......one frustrating day down, just 4 more to go..........LOL I guess I've gotten a reputation as one of the few headhunters who listens to people, so I wound up spending pretty much the entire day speaking with people who were referred to me by candidates of mine, who are unemployed, desperate, and hoping I've got some magic job sitting in my hip pocket. It's depressing and while I will do anything I can to help people, most of these people don't have the types of skills I work with, so I probably can't help them. Still, I did my best to offer them advice on things like poorly written resumes, job hunting strategies, etc. I don't mean this to sound harsh, but I'm 100% commission, so I can't have many days like today, as I couldn't spend any time recruiting for jobs I do have open. Frustrating...........Sushi tonight was really good. And it was a spectacularly beautiful, cloudless blue sky, virtually no humidity, in the low 70s, postcard perfect, chamber of commerce commercial kind of day. It's supposed to wam back up into the 80s by mid week. Tomorrow's a gym night, so my check in will be late and short.

Hey there Miss Lorelei.......Thanks for getting us kicked off for the week. Hope all is good with you!

dragon, I'm sure you'll be so prepared for your 5K and all your friends here on the HLT are rooting for you this weekend!! Yummm, cider sounds really good!

Hey Marcy.......The pics are great. Fall is so pretty and one thing I do miss living in Florida. We don't get any fall foliage. One night in March, while we're all asleep, the oak trees shed their leaves and grow new ones by the next morning. Well maybe a slight exageration, but trees don't go bare down here. And btw., please tell Marty he looks great. You can definitely tell he's lost weight!!

tlh, sorry you and the hubby got into a squable, but I'm glad you still got in a nice long run.

CJ, I'm sorry your neurologist appointment didn't offer much help. As you know I saw my first neurologist myself recently and found the visit less than satisfactory. I'm wondering if it's just difficult to get an accurate diagnosis when it comes to nerve issues?? I hope you get better results from your next visit.

YAY......My Skippy is back!! I'm glad you had a good visit here. I thought about you all week and wished you were closer so we could have actually met. I think it was better since you were at the beach, that it was warm and you could actually enjoy the beach. When it's chilly in Florida, it can feel even colder at the beach. Did you make it to Salt Water Cowboy?? Did you visit the fort? Shop in the cute downtown area? You need to give some more details of the trip and of course POST PICS!!

I had to laugh when I read about you sweating SS!! I'm glad we've rubbed off on you!!

OK......I still have some work to do, so have a great evening everyone........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening everyone!

Hi Lorelei! Hope all is well.

Dragonfly - good luck in your 5k! Sounds like you''ve prepped well.

tlh - funny that your doggie likes being blow dried. If Lily wanders into the bathroom while I''m drying my hair, she barks and bolts! I only took her to be groomed once, and I have a feeling it didn''t go well.

CJ - sorry about your wrists/hands. I have problems with my left wrist, but only because I keep breaking it! Hopefully you''ll get straightened out soon.

Skippy - glad you had a great trip and got to spend time with family. And yay for no gain!

shiny - you''re totally inspiring me to get started on the ball. Did yours come with an exercise dvd?

Rod - sorry you''re working is frustrating for you right now. My husband has to be 100% billable each day. Not quite the same, but he ends up working extra to make up for time lost when he''s helping other people do their jobs. He gets really aggravated some days.

Hi marcy! I know you''re out there somewhere!

Today was cold, but not as bad as yesterday. It was 27 degrees last night when we walked, and a much warmer 39 degrees tonight. I''m not ready for this!!!! I''m hoping for nice weather (and low humidity) when we travel to Florida in a few weeks. I need to get warm. Matt is heading out of town tomorrow for a few days, so I''ll be hanging out with poochie and the kitties. It''s already dark when I get home at night, so Lily and I will be waking by ourselves after dark. Not looking forward to that at all. Have a great day tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey deegee.......brrrrrrrrr, 27 is cold. It seems most of the US just went from summer/fall directly to winter. I hope this isn''t a hint of what''s to come this year? Where and when are you coming to FL? I hope the pooch and the kitties have a quiet few days. I don''t miss how early it get''s dark in the winter up north. Even after day light savings time ends down here, it''s still sort of light when we leave work. Take care.......

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey HLTers!

Skip, you''re a running machine now, WOW! That is awesome.

Rod, sorry the day was rough.

Lliang, I''m not sure what CSA stands for. We don''t shop Whole Foods often, we mostly go to farmer''s markets and supplement at Henry''s (a local chain).

Nothing to report, just chugging along.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I got home from school about 9:30.I graded a few papers, got some sun chips measured out and cheerios ready for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.Marty is still awake so maybe he can adjust to our hours soon right before he leaves again.

Lorelei, happy new week!

Dragonfly, yay for getting ready for the 5K this weekend.

36.gif

Tlh, thanks for the compliment.Tiny?Now that is what I like to hear.

9.gif
Glad to hear you got in some great runs this weekend.Too funny your poochie likes to get blow dried.Maybe he likes the heat.

CrownJewel, sorry to hear the tests at the doctor will take so long.I hope they get you fixed up in no time.

Skippy, welcome back!

35.gif
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.I don’t know which is more exciting, running on the beach, no weight gain after indulgent meals or no allergies.They all sound great to me.

Somethingshiny, how wonderful you enjoyed working out today.I hope your husband had fun at work today.

Rod, sounds like a rough day for you but that is nice of you to help those people in spite of the likelihood you can’t place them anywhere.LOL that the leaves fall off and grow back overnight.Ours just BLOW off here.They come back about 7 – 8 months later.I will pass your compliment on to Marty.He has lost more weight.Probably from walking around Hong Kong so much lately.

Deegee, too funny that Lily barks at the hair dryer and runs.Yes, I am out here somewhere.I was starting to think I’d never get to come home tonight.Sorry to hear you’ll be along with the “kids” while DH is gone.Be safe walking at night.Marty leaves again Sunday for 2 more weeks.I hate coming home from school late when no one is home.

Kimi, glad to hear you are chugging along.

Well, take care.Tomorrow night I need to buy groceries.Poor Marty doesn''t have many choices in the cupboard or refrigerator.Lean Cuisine, dry mixes and baked chips. I told him today we were not ordering in Chinese. Ha Ha.

Marcy

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Delurking...

Helllo all,

I thought it best to try to de-lurk here. I had a really great summer and managed to lose a few stubborn pounds with long walks and my new eggie breakfast diet. I find the eggs really fill me up to early afternoon. (I have such good hens
30.gif
) My concern now is that the hour is changing and the evenings are drawing to a close; that I might struggle to exercise . I have a cross trainer I bought an age ago but it is not like the one in the gym and I don''t love it. That said I am going to drag it out and give it a go sometime in the next month. I dread sitting down in the evening when it is too dark to walk the dogs and doing nothing. Becuase doing nothing for me = watching tv and watching tv = nibbles
11.gif
. DH is a snacker too and as it is only me who is avoiding the biccies and sweets etc I find it more tempting when he sits down with the bourbon creams...

So here I am. I would love to learn from you guys.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2009 1:16:59 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Hi!

Lorelei, you faithfully start us off each week but I feel like I don''t know what you''ve been up to. You know, whatever shenanigans, ploys, mischievious games...the usual Lorelei stuff. What are you doing over there my dear? Is the weather pahnts? (Gosh that seems so long ago).

Dragonfly, good luck to you on your 5K!

tlh, all I can say is (to your husband)
paddle.gif
. But hey, at least it''s over now and you got an extra push to run longer! Hooray for that. I totally understand how you felt though! Those husbands.
1237392xqjdgfjci8.gif

My visit to the neurologist didn''t produce any exciting news. Probably mild carpal tunnel. I go back in 3 wks for electro diagnostic testing on my nerves. It''s not painful really, just annoying because it gets in the way of doing things. Oh well...I''ll just keep wearing those ugly wrist splints until something better comes along
7.gif

Off to find lunch now! Have a great day everyone.
Hehehe! Well....I have been piddling around with my new little sports car, she is around 30 years old and needed a bit of TLC but she is running well now and I have been having a lot of fun with her!

Weather is kind of pahhhhnts......Its a bit chilly now and the leaves have turned so waiting for the rain to start ( which won''t stop till March...)
32.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 10:07:52 AM
Author: Steel
Delurking...

Helllo all,

I thought it best to try to de-lurk here. I had a really great summer and managed to lose a few stubborn pounds with long walks and my new eggie breakfast diet. I find the eggs really fill me up to early afternoon. (I have such good hens
30.gif
) My concern now is that the hour is changing and the evenings are drawing to a close; that I might struggle to exercise . I have a cross trainer I bought an age ago but it is not like the one in the gym and I don't love it. That said I am going to drag it out and give it a go sometime in the next month. I dread sitting down in the evening when it is too dark to walk the dogs and doing nothing. Becuase doing nothing for me = watching tv and watching tv = nibbles
11.gif
. DH is a snacker too and as it is only me who is avoiding the biccies and sweets etc I find it more tempting when he sits down with the bourbon creams...

So here I am. I would love to learn from you guys.
Cooee Steelio - how are the beady eyed crew??
35.gif

Broooooowark.
hen.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the view we had from the bedrooms and the living room, kitchen and rest of the house. The house was cool because you could look at the water all day!
face23.gif
I bet that is what you LOVE Rod! hehe

The town is small so we toured the historic area one evening and the Castillos de San Marcos at night and during the morning and saw Flagler College. We looked at the lighthouse but didn't climb to the top because it was so humid. It is pretty out there and we mostly went to the beach and visited with family. We did drive down to Flagler to see more of Florida. hehe

My nephews and BIL are awesome surfers so they did a lot of surfing! I swam and we saw DOLPHIN
9.gif
and starfish!

I did eat a lot of seafood which was nice at Osteen's, and then we ate at Pizza Garden and Sonny's. In Jacksonville we ate at this shrimp shack called Singletons (the BEST seafood) and then one evening made a linguine with shrimp at the house. I wanted to go to Saltwater cowboys but with an 8 yr old and 11 yr old they get a little bored at the nicer restaurants. hehe Florida is quite beautiful!!!
30.gif
Thanks for asking friends!
35.gif

brb to catch up...

IMGview2569.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t walk last night; I had a crazy day and had to have a sealant put on but before that happened the dentist forgot I was in the back room so I had to wait forever. Oh well, ha.

SS, yay for your uber workout, awesome!

DRAGON, it is so pretty out there!

TLH, yay your Monday is over! hehe How is your hubby?

ROD, oh you are so sweet; I hope you have less of those people calling you today. Yay for sushi!!!

DEEGEE, where in FL are you going? How fun, hopefully it has cooled off when you go. I guess when we left it started to cool down; it was crazy hot out there! Wow, that is super cold; stay warm sugar!

KIMI, it was easy to run out in FL, no allergies and sea level but here I won''t run again until the fall weeds settle down. Thank you, you are such a sweetie pie. How is your baby? I bet you are the cutest preggo!!!! I am so happy for you and glad to see you in this thread; I missed you lots!!

MARCY, oh the no allergies was the exciting thing
9.gif
for being out there a week! hehe We actually only had 2 indulgent meals so I think the running and walking helped balance those out, yay. hehe How is class? Poor Marty having to travel so much; those plane rides are tough for long periods of time.

STEEL, yay good to see you. Eggs feel me up too; I think it is the protein! Woohoo for you cross training. Maybe eating carrots and celery for nibbles?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
ROD_ my dad deals with a similar frustration. He works w/ home re-fi. Unfortunately, he too is commission only, and can only re-fi homes that are current in their morgage. Unfortunately, he has many people who do not qualify, just bend his ear, and he gives what advice he can - but unfortunately, as he has to drive to meet many of these people to eval the home - (when they lie on their app) he understands they are down on their luck, but at the same time... he can waste most of an afternoon on someone who didn''t qualify. It is frustrating and sad. So I feel ya!

deegee- yeah, I think it is weird too. He only likes it when the blow drier is on the "cold" setting.. otherwise, he isnt too fond of it. But it is a pretty quiet drier, so I''m not sure why he likes it... probably just all the special attn! Ooo a vaca! That should be plenty of fun... and you can rock out your sexy slim bod!

kimberly- glad you''re chugging!

marcy- props for measuring everything out beforehand! YOU ROCK! I''m glad Marty is home, even if he is complaining about your healthy eats... and chinese food! Heaven help ya!

steel - way to drop some of the stubborn poundage! I understand what you are talking about. I now don''t really even snack anymore. My only snack is fat free popcorn w/ flavored seasoning. I no longer buy chips and salsa, because they are the devil! So I just wouldn''t stock up on stuff you can''t moderate. And I hope you can start to enjoy your crosstrainer!

Lorelei- ooo working on a classic sports car! SWEET!

skippy- ooo a dolphin, that is super neat! what a terrific vacation! mmm seafood, what a treat! Hopefully your diet stayed on track.. ( I am always guilty of using the melted butter... and it is scary how many cals/fat is in that!)

Everyone Happy Tuesday!
35.gif
I''m in a terrific mood. Went for a quick 6 mile run this am. The weather was nice.. a bit brisk, but I can''t complain about 63* when it is 27* in other parts. Husband''s 1/2 Ironman is this weekend. We''re excited. The water temperature is just low enough it may even be wet suit legal! He is excited about that, as it has been too hot for wet suits as of late... so we''re watching the water temps vary closely right now.

Art Turock "There''s a difference between interest and commitment. When you''re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you''re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Howdy everyone. Well I got in some stairs and squats last night. I didn''t make it to the gym this morning as I got nil sleep and feel like butt. I''m going to hit the stairs again tonight and study. I love having 2 stories. Food is very blah today, I didn''t eat lunch, I had brought soup, but bleh. So we''ll see what tonight brings. It''s warming up again, which makes me sad, I was so enjoying my sweaters. I did get a new skirt and shirt today which was exciting!!! I had ordered them last week and they finally arrived in the mail. I tried them on this morning lol. Other than that, there''s not a whole lot to report.

Skippy - I''m so glad that you enjoyed your trip. St. Auggie is my second home. Sometimes SO and I will go just for the day to walk around in old town. The dolphins are regulars, I''m so glad you got to see them and your starfish friend!! How did you like Jacksonville?

Rod - I''m sorry work has been frustrating, hopefully it will only get better. Thanks for the 5k cheerleading, I''m gonna need it. I''m so afraid of being the last person to cross the line.

Steel - Hi!!!!!!! I''m glad to see you in here. Have you tried workout dvds at all? I''m a huge advocate hehe. I like Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels, Core Rhythms (salsa style dance), and lots of yoga and pilates. You could also try the websites for self and shape, they have some great at home workouts on their websites with video examples.

deegee- what part of Florida are you visiting? If you need recommendations, let me and Rod know hehe
34.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 12:41:50 PM
Author: tlh
Happy Tuesday!
35.gif
I''m in a terrific mood. Went for a quick 6 mile run this am. The weather was nice.. a bit brisk, but I can''t complain about 63* when it is 27* in other parts. Husband''s 1/2 Ironman is this weekend. We''re excited. The water temperature is just low enough it may even be wet suit legal! He is excited about that, as it has been too hot for wet suits as of late... so we''re watching the water temps vary closely right now.

Art Turock ''There''s a difference between interest and commitment. When you''re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you''re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.''
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You rock tlh! I love hearing that people go for "quick" many-mile runs. Some day, I''ll make it a goal of mine to run more than 4 more miles. The most I''ve ever done in one shot is 4 miles, and that seemed felt a looooooong a** run. I''ve always wanted to be a runner, but I think that running doesn''t like ME. I had no idea that the temp has to hit a certain number before you can wear a wet suit! Good luck to your husband.

Skippy, I''m so glad you''re back! Your trip sounds amazing, and I love the fact that you provided visuals to go along with the story :) Yay! More pictures please!

Rod, sounds like another rough day. Hope today was better! I''m so glad you''ve got beautiful weather now. Ours is great too. Warmed up a bit but still nice and brisk. Unfortunately it''s supposed to be yucky and cold again this weekend, when there will be an outdoor wedding that we have to go to.

SS - you''ve inspired me to think about my stability ball too! I love ab soreness.

Off to the pool! Will report back later!

I''m still at work, but fueling up before heading to the gym. Lentil soup and cake. (One of the building services guys cut a piece of a cake he made, and handed it to me! I felt obligated to take it and then it was so good I ate the whole piece).

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!!!!

dragonfly, cider sounds yummy... Enjoy! And good luck with the 5K!

tlh, thanks for checking out my thread! I''m glad to hear the dogs are doing well and I so wish I could see him being blow-dried! That must be too cute! That''s one heck of a run you had yesterday. How are you feeling today?

CrownJewel, I''m sorry to hear about your wrists bothering you. Hopefully they can find out what''s going on soon. And even better a solution. BTW, thanks for the quiche ideas! I''m a sucker for bread products, so I''ll do my best to stay away from the pie crusts.
1.gif

Hey Skippy! I was wondering where you were! Hey, that''s whay I get for being away for so long. Love your new avatar pic!

SS, here''s the link to my wedding pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/divas-pro-and-some-non-pro-wedding-photos.126965/ Enjoy! YAY for DH starting work today!

Hey liang! Hot wife lifestyle is AWESOME!!! LOL! Can''t wait to ask you the same! Saw your final fitting pics and you look HAWT!!!

Rod, sorry to hear about your frustrating day yesterday. I''m sure the people you spoke with yesterday were very glad to have a listening ear. Even if only for the day.
1.gif
You must have kind hearted written all over your face. Definitely a good thing. Also, sounds like beautiful weather by you. It''s all over the place in NY. One day it was in the 30''s, the next in the 50''s. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 70''s, but by Saturday back in the 40''s. Sigh...

Hey marcy! Cool pics from this weekend! Looks beautiful!

deegee, man... Here I am talking about how cold it is by me, but you''ve got me beat! It''s FREEZING by you! Literally! I know you can''t wait to get to FL. I hope you enjoy!

Hi Kimberly, Steel, and Lorelei! Hope all is well with both of you!

Okay! I think I got everybody! Sorry if I missed hellos to anyone!

I would''ve posted yesterday, but Derek and I celebrated our first month-iversary. Yeah, it''s corny, but I loved it! He surprised me with a delivery from Edible Arrangements. I was happy, but sad, but I was going to do the same exact thing for him. No joke. So I bought some nice champagne instead and we took everything home for dinner. Yeah, it wasn''t a healthy dinner, but I couldn''t help myself.
9.gif
Today, I officially started my healthier eating ways. Had oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, one of my frozen meals for lunch, and broiled porkchops, veggies, and sweet potatoes for dinner. Leftovers are waiting for me to have for lunch tomorrow. I start back at the gym in November, but I''m strongly considering taking yoga classes. There are a lot of Bikram Yoga places popping up in our area so I want to try it at least once before I go back.

Hope everyone''s having a great night!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everybody!

Hi Rod! We''re flying to Orlando on November 7. Unfortunately Sunday-noon on Wednesday I''ll be in a conference, but we''re staying through Saturday so we''ll have a few days on our own. Hubby has never been to Disney World, so we''re doing the whole Disney thing. He''s like a little kid right now, it''s funny! I''m just looking forward to getting out of town for a little while.

Hi Kimberly & CJ.

Hey Marcy! Sorry Marty has to go away again so soon. Matt is only away for a few days this time. I hate coming into the house when it''s dark outside. I even try to leave a few lights on when I leave in the morning, but I still get creeped out when I get home after dark! The animals are good company, although it does freak me out when Lily hears a noise outside and runs through the house barking.

Hi Steel! My hubby is a serious snacker. I find chips and sweets stashed all throughout the house. We''re able to get out and walk our pooch even at night, but it''s starting to get really cold. She is so hyper in the evenings (she''s still a puppy), we''re hoping that will keep us motivated to walk her during the winter months. She needs it, and we do too!

Skippy - wow! That view is amazing! When I go to the ocean, it seems like all my energy is zapped and I sit and stare at the waves with my feet dug in the sand. Aaahhhhh....

tlh - your run is double my walk. I need to step it up! I was going to add a mile today, but Lily flopped down in the street after 3 miles and she''s crashed on the couch beside me right now. Good luck to your hubby this weekend.

dragonfly - Yay for getting new clothes!!! I''m in desperate need for some right now, especially with my trip coming up. I bought some things on clearance in July, and guessed at the size I''d be by November. I was way off!!! I bought 12''s, but I''m wearing 6-8''s. Oops! I''m hoping it''s not too hot in Orlando in November.

Hi Diva! Woo-hoo for your one-month anniversary! Does it feel like it''s been a whole month already? I just looked through your wedding photos again, and everything was just so beautiful. I hope you enjoyed your day, and that you''re settling into married life without a hitch!

I was a big baby today and stayed home from work. I think I''m having a reaction to my flu shot. I woke up feeling yucky, so I went right back to bed and slept most of the day. I went to the grocery store to get some food for the next few days while Matt is away, and I picked up a balance ball and exercise DVD while I was out. We''ll see if I can do it without hurting myself! Lily and I walked before dark so it wasn''t nearly as cold outside, and she got to see all her little neighborhood doggie friends and her one sworn enemy - a chiuaua with major attitude. I''m off to put some clothes away and to get ready for tomorrow. I hope I don''t pay dearly at work tomorrow for being a bum today! Have a great day everyone!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Skippy~ I hope you find something on FitTV that you like. I recommend belly dancing.
2.gif
Beautiful view!! thanks for the pic!

Rod~ I think it''s great that you''re still offering help to those who aren''t qualified for the positions you have available. So many people are struggling right now and as they say "any port in a storm."

deegee~ I got my ball on clearance for $4 at Wally world. It did not come with a DVD, just a guide. JT stole my guide and can''t find it (neither can I) and I was really upset. The guide gave different exercises than I was finding online and I hadn''t been doing it long enough to remember many of them. I told my MIL and she said that she''d been wanting to get a ball. So, she bought the same ball and we copied her guide. Now I''m happy again! Will you continue to go on late walks with the time change??

Steel~ WELCOME!! When DH sits down with a giant dessert (right in front of me!) I grab a hot beverage. And I have scheduled in two Hershey''s minis every night with my hot beverage. Chocolate is my downfall. But, scheduling in small amounts works for me.

Lorelei~ What kind of car do you have??

tlh~ Good luck to your DH!! Your "quick" 6 miles has me giggling!

CJ~ Wow, I''ve inspired someone? lol

Diva~ Your pics are gorgeous! You look absolutely stunning!! The reception looks like it was tons of fun. Congratulations on your monthiversary! DH and I celebrated those during the entire first year!!

DH''s job went well. He''s working with a guy that I went to school with. JT didn''t do very well yesterday but he''s doing okay today. He''s holding a grudge against DH for leaving. It warmed up so we were able to play outside yesterday and today. No workout today but I''ll do my cardio and ball again tomorrow.

Hi, Kimi, Marcy, dragonfly!

gotta go for now

Hope all is well!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It''s so late and I''m just completely exhausted. It was another really long day and I almost didn''t go to the gym, but I made myself go and once I got going, it was a good workout, ending on an elliptical that was for some reason calibrated to be extra hard. Still it was a good run.

I''m sorry for not writing everyone, since you all wrote me, but I can barely keep my eyes open and I need to get some rest............I''ll check in tomorrow night and do a better job........

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Lor, by "sports car" do you mean an automobile or a horse? I know a 30 yr old horse is not really a "sports" car... Either way, both a horse and an automobile can certainly keep your heart rate elevated, so that''s good
2.gif
What will you do now that it''s raining until March? The wellington boots from the UK...are all over the streets of NY now. I really wonder what we used to wear for a walk in the rain before those became trendy.

Hi everyone!!

My gosh deegee, why do you keep breaking your wrist? I think I got sick from the flu shot last week, so I don''t think you''re being a baby by staying home. I canceled lots of plans last week because I felt icky. I still have a sore throat. I hope you feel better though. And your trip to Disney World sounds so fun! I think everyone''s first time to Disney is memorable and certainly warrants childlike giddiness!!! I hope he loves it.

Diva, your wedding photos are gorgeous! You are super beautiful and your wedding day looked like so much fun. You and your hubs are a stunning couple :) Happy one month-iversary!!

So lliang, I think it was you that was interested in the HRM in the pool? I went to do some laps today. I only learned to swim in the past year, so I''m still very slow. However, I wanted to get an idea of how hard my heart is really working when I''m doing laps, because I always feel like I''m working SOOO hard. And people say that swimming is such a great cardio workout. Just to compare my "land" workout with a "water" workout: in 39 minutes on the elliptical, I burned 302 calories (30% fat...don''t know what that means) and was able to keep my heart rate in the "Hard" zone for the majority of my workout and my avg HR was 161 (max 179). In the pool, I burned 318 calories in 50 minutes (45% fat...once again, dunno) and my avg HR was 145 (max 169). I''ll have to go read my manual and see what the fat % means. Maybe it has to do with what Ted said last week about only burning fat after 25 min of cardio, or somehting like that.

I''m looking forward to using my HRM to track my progress, especially since I''m still a beginner swimmer. But I love it so much and I can''t wait to see how far I can take it (I meant the swimming, but I guess that applies to the HRM too). I ran into my swim teacher in the locker room and I talked to her about learning the other strokes. Right now I''m only comfortable with freestyle. I think I can get a better workout if I am able to switch strokes throughout the workout though.

Rod, I had no idea you also had to see a neurologist. I definitely do think nerve problems are difficult to diagnose. I think this doctor is worried that I might be diabetic, so he was kind of vague about diagnosing me with anything. He wants to do the electrodiagnostic test next, and then blood tests. I have many symptoms that are typical of diabetics, but I''ve never had a high glucose reading. No one in my family has diabetes except my paternal grandfather. In any case, I think my "diabetic" symptoms are confusing all the docs. I hope all worked out ok with your visits???

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
35.gif

By the way, hi Steel! I just re-joined the thread after lurking for a while too. I love eggs. With or without yolks, they are the one thing I ALWAYS have stocked in the fridge. You can do so much with eggs. While you were lurking, maybe you caught word that I love quiches!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.We had an insanely busy day at work so I submitted to one hostess cupcake this afternoon (in lieu of my 100 calorie snack) and a glass of wine with supper.Not bad considering days like that used to drive me to a bag of dove chocolates.

We have 2 new people at work so one of my day shift ladies is training them while I do her work and my work.It is keeping me busy.Tomorrow I have to be gone for about 6 hours for my monthly supervisor training class so that will be rough on the rest of the team.

After supper I went and bought food for the rest of the week.I washed up my fruit and vegetables and graded papers.Marty was out by 8 pm.He is still pretty tired.

I ran in to a lady that left our company about 6 years ago.I said hi to her and she kept kind of looking at me so she finally asked me who I was.Too funny.She said she knew I looked familiar but she couldn’t quite place me.She really freaked out when I told her who I was.

Steel, yay for a great summer and losing some of those stubborn pounds.I like to wander the mall in the winter to get out and walk.Of course I tend to spend money then.

Lorelei, your care sounds fun.What kind is it and what color is it?

Skippy, what a great view of the beach and ocean.How fun to see dolphins.I bet it was very enjoyable for you to be allergy free for a few days.I wouldn’t know what to do.Marty is getting pretty tired; I feel bad for him.

Tlh, it sounds like your dad has a tough job too.Times are rough out there too.I always make an effort to measure my food.Marty doesn’t really complain about food or what I fix for him, but eating lean cuisine is not something he will usually do.He needs about 3 of them to get full.I usually pick him up Marie Calendar’s entrees.He will often just graze in the pantry if he can’t find anything.Glad to hear you had a great run this morning.How exciting for your husband to be in a ½ ironman this weekend.

Dragonfly, I love wearing sweaters too.Luckily I am always cold so I wear them a lot.Enjoy your new clothes.

CrownJewel, soup and cake is great fuel for the gym.

Diva, thanks for the compliments on my pictures.It was very pretty in the mountains.Happy first month anniversary.Too cute you almost bought each other the same thing.

Deegee, your trip to Florida sounds great.I leave on lights too when I am going to be home after dark.I wish I was not allergic to dogs because it would be nice to have one here.My friends tell me that too that it makes them nervous when their dogs bark and they don’t know why.Glad Matt is only gone a few days.Sorry to hear you felt bad today.I hope you are better tonight.Too funny that Lily has a sworn enemy with a tude!

Somethingshiny, I really need to check out FitTV.Too cute JT didn’t like dad going to work.

Rod, I hope you sleep well and have a better day tomorrow.

Well, I am going to attempt to go to bed early.Don’t laugh.I am not making any promises just a vague attempt to actually get some sleep.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DF- glad you like your new shirts!

CJ- lentil soup, YUM, hope you had a terrific workout. You know, mileage building running, the trick is just to start slow and follow the 10% rule... only add 10% to your longest run, and make sure your total weekly mileage doesn''t increase by more than 10% a week.. this can help you build mileage and not get hurt. Yeah, I love running, and run a LOT... it is a good destressor, and keep me fit, but what helps me lose weight, is swimming- not running... weird huh?

Diva- oh I feel fine. Thank you for asking!
9.gif
I think it is awesome that you celebrated your 1 month ann! my hubs and I did the same, and it is really special... nice just to enjoy being married w/o any of the stress! Funny about your dinner and possible duplicate gifts!

deegee- Ha yeah, my little guy can only do 3-4 miles TOPS. One day I pushed him to 5, and I ended up carrying him... but I think it has a lot to do w/ the heat. Dang desert! I''m so sorry you had a reaction from your shot, that is horrible! Glad you got to get out w/ Lily and have her defend your honor against the evil chihuahua!

shiny- glad you were able to play outside and that DH''s job is going well!

rod- Glad you still got to the gym, and enjoyed your run. Hope you aren''t too stressed out!

marcy- your eats sound good, try not to get too stressed out at work. Sorry you are so busy! Funny about meeting the lady, and your skinny self suprised her! I LOVE MARIE CALENDER''s the turkey dinner is my favorite!

Everyone Have a super happy weds!
35.gif
Today is my birthday. The inlaws come in today (to cheer on the hubs for his race this weekend), and we''ll be taking them out to dinner. I decided to get a birthday hair do...and I''m rocking bangs for the first time since 88 or 89. CRAZY. I have a cow lick, and they want to stick up like dennis the menace. So this morning doing my hair was fun. Went on my usual run this am, and really decompressed. My hubs made me coffee and got me a collection of holiday movies. I was really happy. It''s been a wonderful day so far!

Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened. - Cora Harvey Armstrong
*************************************************************************************

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday tlh!!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Ok, that''s all I have. I''ll come back later and post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results