shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 16th Nov till 22nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Running late today due to an appointment so just kicking us off quickly!

I just wanted to bring up the subject today of our journies that every day is a new beginning. Every day we have to make a conscious decision to make the effort to continue our healthy lifestyles, this journey is as we know, not about perfection but about patience and persistance. Somedays it is easier than others to keep on track - expect it to be more difficult than others at some times, that is all part of any journey and this is no exception. What matters is that we keep pushing onwards, if we slip - pick ourselves up and get right back on that horse! Leave expectations of ' perfection' at the door, realize we are human and will make mistakes, but the overall ONE important thing is to keep trying! THAT is what will make the difference day after day as we continue this journey which can even be an enjoyable one at times! The journey is worthwhile, thats for sure in so many ways, not only in an improved body image but also in health and fitness gains!

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, thank you for the wise words and perspective of our journies. I swear lady you read my mind sometimes.

Have a great and healthy day.
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Great opener as usual Lorelei

I will say that I agree completely with everything you said. This weekend was productive, I got in a strength workout, a looong walk on Saturday and a workout yesterday that combined jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, jump rope, side kicks and cross punches. It was fun! I plan to do it again this week. I''m going for a jog tonight hopefully, if not I may just do that.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
great opener as always!

everyone happy monday! I''m insane busy today, so I don''t have time to respond to each of you individually. Saturday, D and I just did a jog together to check out his knee before driving out to the race and paying the $85/person entry fee. He was too bummy so we didn''t do the 1/2 marathon. So he spent the day icing it, and we watched a lot of true blood, so he could keep it elevated. We have a lot of events coming up, so we don''t want him out for the season. Sunday I did the Irongirl 10 miler. He cheered me on. It was a terrific event. Definately one for the books. It wasn''t the biggest event or the best supported, but it is WONDERFUL. It is an event to empower women to get out and lead a healthy and active lifestyle. Afterwards was a brunch, and a special tribute to women who are battling (and still raced) or are cancer survivors. 18 women showed up - and they had awesome yellow bibs. They were an inspiration. One woman in particular is currently going under her battle- and she did her event, when she crossed the finish line it was MOVING. She got an ovation- it was really AWESOME. Women are just the best group to run with. They really champion each other. I was proud to be apart of it. They even do a mother daughter team for each event - and it was cool to see moms and daughters of all ages, from 60''s down to 8 or 9 year olds.

The Boston Marathon has had more to do with liberating and promoting women''s marathoning than any other race in the world. -Joe Henderson

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!!!! I am going to go visit my little nephews today. Last night after spending the day w/the neighbors hubby wanted to meet some friends at this pub for a trivia game. I was wore out so I stayed home and he went. I guess through out the game my hubby kept telling his friends Skippy would have known this song. lol I kind of felt bad for not going but it was so nice to stay in and watch tv, ah. hehe

I will do some sort of workout today. Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!
35.gif
I made whole wheat pizza dough for pizza tonight, yum!

LORELEI, great opener, love the avatar!!!

MARCY, hope you slept well and yum to sharing a cookie!

DRAGON, woohooo for your uber workout!!!

TLH, aww, love the avie! Oh no, I am so sorry about your hubby's knee; I hope he is okay? Yay for your UBER 10 mile run and for such an awesome cause; you are the Best!!!!!

ROD, I hope you feel 100% soon. I thought Carlos was mean to Lynette; did you? No, I didn't watch sis and bros; I heard it was really good but I go to bed at that time. hehe I bet it was gorgeous in FL; our plan is to move to Hawaii in 15 yrs, so fingers crossed it happens.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
First of all, YAY, I see it''s time to bring out the holiday avatars!! squeee!! Gotta go find White Christmas....

Lorelei~ Thank you for your opener. After this weekend I was struggling to get back on track this morning. I''ve never been bad at anything I''ve tried, so when I have a bad day with this healthier lifestyle, it really gets me down and makes me doubt if I can even do it. I''m extremely patient with everyone but myself.

dragonfly~ I look forward to the day that I think workouts are fun. Good for you!!

tlh~ WOW! How inspiring to run a marathon with those ladies!! Congratulations on finishing your amazing event!!

Skippy~ Your post made me think of what I refer to as "the worst decision ever!!" Down the street from us is a house that is painted beautiful tropical colors with tropical plants and a sign above the door that reads "Aloha!" It is obviously out of place in the middle of IL so I asked around about it. Those people moved from Hawaii to Illinois on purpose!! Worst Decision Ever. lol

So, bad weekend for me. We had a wedding on Saturday and I spent time going through my food choices so I didn''t have to only have salad at dinner. I stayed within my range even with the cake. I was so proud of myself. Then Sunday came and the snacks came out. I completely killed my day and probably my entire week! I ate around 1900 calories and approximately one bucket of fat in one day. I was very disappointed in myself. However, since Lorelei''s opener gave me a little reprieve I went back to Spark and looked at my last few weeks. I learned that when I have a really low day (like I had under 1000 cals a few days ago) I tend to have a binge day within 2-3 days of it. So, I will pay closer attention to keeping my calories up to avoid the binge days.

I''m down a full 10 lbs!! Saturday showed I was actually down 12, but Sunday didn''t help. I did a 40 minute Trouble Zone workout with Jillian today. My shoulders are burning like lava!

JT''s mouth is doing a lot better and he had fun at the wedding. He was really hungry before dinner time and when he saw a bread basket come out at the buffet table he asked if he could go get one. I told him he could and he sauntered across the dance floor with his hands in his pockets. He got right up to the table and was eying the rolls when a server lady came out. Real quick, JT leaned his arm nonchalantly against the table. She walked by and he was reaching for a roll when she turned around. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and started adjusting his tie! Finally, he snagged the roll and came back across the dance floor saying "I did it, I did it!" It was hilarious.

I got some Christmas shopping for JT done and I put up my outdoor Christmas lights. I haven''t turned them on yet...

Sorry this was so long, apparently I''m in the mood to chat....

have a great day!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
back from hanging out w/my nephews. The baby is 14 lbs and he is 8 weeks; I had fun holding me but he spit up all over. lol Totally worth it though!
16.gif
2.gif
3.gif
My 3 yr old nephew is super into music; when I came over he turned on the itunes and told me to watch him dance; he is too funny (good exercise too)! I am looking forward to watching them for a week in a couple of weeks!
9.gif

I probably can't ad a holiday avatar; I have Windows 7 and can't do certain things anymore. I had one all ready to go and I have no clue where it saved too? Oh well.
I will go to the gym tonight I decided unless it is super gorgeous this afternoon.

SS, lol, I LOVE that story about JT and the rolls; he is too cute for words!!!!!
30.gif
He sounds like such a cutie pie and he is totally adorable; my nephew and your JT would get along me thinks! hehe Oh SS, you are so good for tracking you calories and you know what you learn from those things; I know I have to eat a certain amount or I wake up starved, etc. You are so wise, seriously to look at your spark people and figure that out! Yay for 10 lbs, that is incredibly awesome!!!! We all go through that. HUGE kudos on the 10 lbs
36.gif
36.gif
Hope JT heals quickly. lol about the Hawaii house, eek! I don't think we will go to HI and paint our house turquiose or anything like that, hopefully. hehe

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2009 2:03:26 PM
Author: somethingshiny
First of all, YAY, I see it''s time to bring out the holiday avatars!! squeee!! Gotta go find White Christmas....

Lorelei~ Thank you for your opener. After this weekend I was struggling to get back on track this morning. I''ve never been bad at anything I''ve tried, so when I have a bad day with this healthier lifestyle, it really gets me down and makes me doubt if I can even do it. I''m extremely patient with everyone but myself.

So, bad weekend for me. We had a wedding on Saturday and I spent time going through my food choices so I didn''t have to only have salad at dinner. I stayed within my range even with the cake. I was so proud of myself. Then Sunday came and the snacks came out. I completely killed my day and probably my entire week! I ate around 1900 calories and approximately one bucket of fat in one day. I was very disappointed in myself. However, since Lorelei''s opener gave me a little reprieve I went back to Spark and looked at my last few weeks. I learned that when I have a really low day (like I had under 1000 cals a few days ago) I tend to have a binge day within 2-3 days of it. So, I will pay closer attention to keeping my calories up to avoid the binge days.

I''m down a full 10 lbs!! Saturday showed I was actually down 12, but Sunday didn''t help. I did a 40 minute Trouble Zone workout with Jillian today. My shoulders are burning like lava!

have a great day!!!
I am so glad the opener helped SS and Marcy! SS - thats great with the 10 pounds lost, well done!!!! It doesn''t matter if things don''t always go according to plan, LOOK at what you have achieved!!! Keep going, remember don''t expect to be perfect, just keep working away at it and you will get there!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!!

Lore, your opener is JUST what I needed to get my butt into the gym. I''ve been terrible since coming back from the honeymoon, so I really appreciated it.

SS, great you were able to go through your Spark logs. It''s awesome you can pin point something like your low days leading to binge days. It''s a great way to avoid a mis-step :) JT sounds SOOO CUTE!!

Skip, Yay! for little nephews!!! Glad you had such a great day.

TLH, That Irongirl half sounds awesome! I dunno if I can work up to a half yet, but it''s a goal that my sis has, so maybe we''ll try to get one in sometime during the winter. Maybe a NYE goal??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from STEP AEROBICS
9.gif
9.gif
I use my step here but tonight I went to step 3! There is Step 1, 2 and 3 and 3 the hardest. I had not done step in forever (except at home but not the same); I thought the choreography would be too difficult.
3.gif
It is crazy because I had been doing step since I turned 15 and did dance in high school so I was super worried that I wouldn't be able to do it. I did well and everything came back to me; I didn't screw up really either which was weird because it was a bit complex and the class had done the routine last week so they saw it and knew it already. hehe It really felt good that my muscle and mind had memory (kind of like riding a bike). hehe I probably won't do it again though or maybe every once in awhile as my knee doesn't like step and the PT said give it up. I think I will do intervals which kicks my butt but somehow this proved to me I could go back to my challenging workout classes like I did in the spring! hehe

Off to make dinner but Happy Monday everyone!

LISA, I love your wedding pics; can't wait to see TTD and your pro pics
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Yay I made it through the day with smart eating and no extras.Time to get the pants lose again.Seems like I am a broken record on that front these days.I have been trying eating more uniform meals and less mini meals and I see it is not working so well for me.Also stress at work has led to a few pieces of candy, cokes, etc. so I am knocking that off NOW.No sense going in to the holidays with my weight being up a little bit.One day at a time.

I set our DVR to record all of the WWII HD shows.I watched a little bit before coming to school tonight.It looks like a great program.

Well, I am at school and the students are doing a work sheet.

Dragonfly, yay for having a healthy weekend with a lot of exercise.

Tlh, I am sorry about Mr. Tlh’s knee.I hope it gets better.Yay for doing the irongirl on Sunday.How awesome for that lady to get an ovation when she crossed the finish line.

Skippy, I am sure you had fun visiting the nephews.Sometime it is just nice to stay home and watch TV.I did not sleep long enough so I had ½ a cup of cocoa about 9 to help me wake up.Yay for step aerobics.

Somethingshiny, I am loving all the holiday avatars too.Yours is one of my favorites.Congratulations on being down 10 pounds.Woo hoo!How fun to start Christmas shopping and have the lights up outside.

Lorelei, I love your avatar too.This team has really helped me not get down on myself for setbacks.I know I will continue to work at it again tomorrow and the next day after that.I no longer expect I will be perfect all the time.It is also about perspective no matter how puffy I might feel I just need to look at old photos and I know I am still okay.

Lisa, thanks for the link to your great pictures.I can’t wait to see your pro pictures.

Laters,

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a super frustrating day at work today. Our boss was in a major micro-managing mood and she made us all angry by trying to treat us like juniors. I won't go into the stupidity, but all she managed to do was set a negative tone and reduce productivity. We're all extremely experienced and we just didn't appreciate being treated like children. And to think it was all because she read a motivational article over the weekend........aaaaggggghhhhhhhhh. Sorry for ranting, but I'm waaaaay too experienced to be treated like a youngster...........At least sushi tonight was good and I've been working on setting up interviews for candidates since we got home. My cold is stubornly hanging in there, but I'm planning on going to the tym tomorrow after work.

Great opener as ALWAYS Lorelei!!

Hey Marcy.......Yay for smart eating all day. You are right, we have to take it one day at a time and I hope the snow wasn't too bad..........

Sounds like you had a nice healthy and active weekend dragon..........

YAYAY for your 10 miler tlh........The lady undergoing her battle, who ran certainly deserved the ovation!

I'm glad you had lot's of fun with the nephews Skippy!! I too thought Carlos was mean, which isn't really his character. Wow to moving to Hawaii!! I'll move there with you!! Yay for Step 3!!

SS, instead of thinking you had a bad weekend, you should be thinking about how wonderfully well you're doing! I think that when we have a lower calorie day, we do tend to more snacky, so now that you recognize that, you can avoid it in the future. JT's roll adventure was so cute!!

Hey Lisa......the pics are terrific!! I'm glad Lorelei's opener is what you needed to get you back in the gym.

OK......time to shut down so I can relax before heading to bed to start yet another fun day at work.........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Perfect opener, Lorelei. I tried really hard while I was out of town to make wise food choices, but I was at the mercy of the conference menu planner and my Disney dining plan! We got back yesterday, so today I began measuring everything I ate so that I could get a handle on portion size again. I''m hoping I didn''t blow it too badly. I guess the scale will tell the tale at weigh in on Wednesday.

Hi dragonfly! Glad your weekend was productive. You do so well with exercise!

tlh - sorry to hear about your hubby''s knee. My hubby tore his ACL playing basketball and had to have repair surgery while we were dating (may years ago). We have to stop after each mile while we''re walking so he can stretch it. I snuck and read the HLT posts during my conference (couldn''t reply, that would have made it really obvious that I wasn''t paying attention!), and I''m totally with you about the hips! To get pants to fit my hips, they''re huge in the waist. I could stuff a pillow in there!

Skippy - Glad you got to spend time with your nephews! You''re such a sweet auntie! My nieces and nephew aren''t too happy with us for being out of town for two weekends in a row, which means two weekends without a wiffleball game. We were thinking of not going to visit this weekend since Thanksgiving is just a few days after, but those darn kids really know how to lay on the guilt! I used to do step aerobics, back before my balance issues. I remember really enjoying it, but I think it might lead to injury now.

shiny - Wow! 10 lbs is great!!! JT sounds like such a cutie pie. Hubby and I noticed when we took our walk tonight that half the neighborhood has been busy and put their Christmas lights up and a bunch of people already have them on.

Lisa - You look so beautiful in your wedding pictures. Congratulations!!!!

Hi marcy! Woo-hoo for a healthy eating day! I was craving veggies like crazy today so I made myself the biggest salad with every raw veggie I could find, and it tasted soooo good. I''m kind of worried about weigh-in this week, but I''ll get myself back on track - one day at a time.

Rod - sorry your cold is hanging on and for your lousy day at work. Glad you have sushi nights to look forward to! Thanks for posting those food myths last week. I have heard some of those for so long, I thought for sure they were true.

I''m so happy to be home again! I decided to take an extra day off today to recover from the trip, and to spend time with my pets. My 2 kitties and Lily Pie followed me everywhere today...it''s nice to be missed! Matt and I had a great time, and I''m hoping the endless walking we did will help me keep from gaining this week. Our Disney dining plan came with so much food, and there were no healthy options on the menu anywhere we ate. I ordered things I thought would be better choices, and then ate only a small portion of the ginormous portion they served. I''m hoping to get back into my regular routine this week and keep working towards my goal! Last year we went to Disneyland for 2 days, and this year we went to the 4 parks at Disney World for 4 days. I can''t even begin to tell you how much better my trip went this year than last year, which I think is entirely due to losing 53 pounds and building endurance through exercise during the year. Yay!!!!!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, sorry to hear about your frustrating day.It is amazing how someone can set the tone for the entire day by throwing some negativity in to the mix.I hope tomorrow is better.I hope your cold gives up soon.We only got at least 6” of snow but it is really icy around town.

Deegee, good luck at your weigh in on Wednesday.My food scale is used all the time.Isn’t it cool that we crave veggies now instead of pizza?When my sister-in-law is in town we eat with the in-laws a lot and they never have raw veggies.About day three I start taking a baggie of veggies to work because I really miss my daily dose of carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers.You are right, we can only worry about one day at a time and begin anew in the morning.Glad to hear your trip went so well and woo hoo for noticing a difference from losing 53 pounds.

36.gif
Sounds like you were very careful on portions too.

Tlh, I forgot to mention and I know it’s too late now but there is a meteor shower in the morning.The Leonids will be active with about 20 meteors per hour.

I am off to bed.

35.gif

Marcy

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- the comment about the other runner made me smile! I bet the trivia night would have been a blast! But I bet playing with the nephews was awesome!
36.gif
I love watching little kids dance... probably why I dont mind the wiggles! haha

DF- I hope your So feels better soon. Sorry to hear he has the sniffles!

Shiny- Sometimes it is the little victories in life- and getting a balance that makes LIFE worthwhile. I'm glad you had enough points for the cake, and that is why I really love weight watchers. and 10 pounds... do I hear a WHOOP WHOOP??? I LOVE JT's spirit! What a fun little man! He's the next james bond I tell ya!

Lisa- still waiting for your pics....tap, tap, tap...
9.gif
glad you hit the gym. As far as setting it as a goal, I say YES! But start slow. I really recommend running a base of 3-4 miles a MINIMUM of 3 times a week for at least 3 months BEFORE starting a half marathon training program. Otherwise, they just ramp up too quickly, and is why most people (including myself) get hurt their first time around. So if you are there... you'll be able to run one in the spring! (There is a Chicago half marathon in August... it is a RNR series, and it is an AWESOME sponsored event.
9.gif
)

Rod- thanks for posting the article... LVOED IT! Sorry your boss sucked. I bet it is how she poorly deals with her stress. Doesn't make anyone like her, or the stress any more manageable... my boss is like that... she likes Peanut Butter M&Ms... so this time of year, I just stock up and deliver... and she is a LOT more tolerable!

Kim- glad to hear your baby is doing and growing well and that you enjoyed your vaca!

Marcy- I LOVE BEEF NOODLES! yum... way to get your eating in check. I know what you mean about working for loose pants! You aren't a broken record. Life is full of up and downs- and is what makes life worth living. Indulgences and sacrafices are a natural part of life... it is what makes us human. I'm with you... breaking down things- but I take it one meal at a time! ha! (DARN I'm SAD I missed the shower... and all because of my mischief!!!)

deegee- haha - I wish I had a big butt to go with those wide hips of mine. I'm like a cartoon character, when I turn I like disappear... no booty at all! sigh.. I'm so glad you're home from your trip. I bet the pets went bonkers! I'm glad you were able to walk around and enjoy disney... and 53 pounds is really awesome!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Everyone happy Tuesday! BRRR it is cold. My hubs is being a cheap skate and wont let me turn the heat on... so last night...
11.gif
I stole all the blankets. Wrapped myself up in them like a coccoon. I left him a thin blanket... and I took the heavy upper blanket. When I went to check the temp it was in the low 40's and I didn't want to run. I decided I'd run this afternoon when it is 70*. I don't mind running when it is cold... but when it is pitch black AND cold... well I like to feel the sun on my face when i'm getting frostbite, haha. So anywho... my plan worked. I came back to bed, spread out the blanket I stole, and my husband woke up.. and was like... I'm FREEZING!!! You're right, we should have the heat kick on at night...
11.gif
... and I didn't even have to put up a fight. whhhaaaa hahahaha(devilish laughter). Last night hubs and I made taco salad bowls with lettuce, fresh guac, black beans, fresh tomotoes, bell peppers, onion, cheese, and Jenny-O turkey. They were really good and filling. Tonight we'll be eatting leftovers, and may scramble up an egg with the veggies if we don't have enough turkey meat.

"Charlie Brown: Thanks for the Christmas card you sent me, Violet.
Violet: I didn't send you a Christmas card, Charlie Brown.
Charlie Brown: Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?" A Charlie Brown Christmas

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; I thought I would be sore but I guess I used the same muscles as walking. I get my shots today so I will just be walking this afternoon. I was happy to order some size Small sweaters this morning; I have sweaters but I need more that actually fit. hehe
9.gif

All the leaves fell off our tree so I guess hubby and I will be raking up leaves this weekend; good exercise right. hehe Today Jillian Michael's was say we need to redefine the holidays; she said enjoy the food (moderation) but don't go for the binge eating. I think that is an excellent idea since it is about friends and family more so and she said get the walks in, etc. I think she is pretty cool; plus I love that she use to be overweight and understand that it is tough, etc. She said exercise and eating healthy has empowered her; super cool!!
Yay for the Healthy Lifestyle team!!!!! Have a wonderful Tuesday friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

MARCY that is great you see that and working with what works for you. You will lose those few lbs in no time, you are awesome and yay for one day at time!

ROD, sorry it was such a frustrating day. Hope you feel better and have a great workout!!! When I go to the gym and see the elliptical I think of you and smile! hugs.

DEEGEE, you are so AWESOME!!!! that is fabulous to hear you lost of total of 53 lbs
36.gif
36.gif
I remember going on vacation two times this year and I was SUPER worried I would gain; I did eat richer foods but I did watch my portions. I feel weight watchers gave me a lot of stop and think tools for situations I feel I don't have control over. You are awesome for doing moderation in those situations!!! Sounds like you had a GREAT trip!!! I am proud of you friend, woohooo, huge kudos!!!! i bet you feel great!! Glad you are home enjoying you sweet babies!

TLH, what is the temp out there. We are in the 50's. I want our 70 degrees back, oh well! hehe I don't blame you for running this evening. Yay for getting your heat on!!! YUM your dinner sounds super yummy and healthy!!! I love black beans; I need to try that! I love hearing your meals because they are healthy and they give me ideas on what to make!!!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I had a full post written, then my laptop decided to automatically download some updates and wham.......all was lost. So, here's the condensed version........Slighly less stressful day. Boss managed to demotivate everyone yesterday and it showed in all our phone times, so she left us alone today. Had a client meeting this afternoon and they're making an offer to a candidate......YEAH! Worked much too late to get in a full workout, so I came home and had a nice home cooked dinner with Charlie. Still coughing some, but am feeling better. Am going to the gym tomorrow, no matter what.

Welcome home deegee. I'm sure you made good choices and didn't derail yourself.

Thanks Marcy.........6" still seems like a lot of snow to me!

Glad you liked the article tlh........I don't blame you for not wanting to run until it warmed up some. LOL about stealing all the blankets!

Thanks Skippy.....YAY for ordering small size sweaters!!!

OK.......checkin will be short tomorrow night........Sleep well everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I made another day of sticking in my calorie range.

9.gif
I paced the house again for 20 minutes tonight – I worry about trying the treadmill again as it seems to bother my right knee quite a bit.Tomorrow I have the monthly supervisor class at the local college so I am taking my own snacks and lunch.They pretty much have nothing healthy to eat there and when I get bored and there are sweets in front of me you know what happens.It is also really cold in our classroom so I am dressing accordingly.

Tlh, thanks for reminding me of the ups and downs of life.I am focusing on tight pants right now so I am not really “seeing” anything else.My hips are my widest point and of course that is the only spot that you can really see my extra skin so now that my pants are tight that is all I see when I look in a mirror.But I just keep plugging along and that is what is different about me now.Sorry to hear it is cold, I’d have to cry and whine to Marty until he’d let me turn up the heat just to shut me up.

11.gif
I had to laugh at you stealing all the covers.Sounds like me when we are camping.
31.gif
I like you spread it all back out this morning and woo hoo for getting the heat turned on this morning.Your taco salad bowls sound great.I like your Charlie Brown quote too.I am a major Peanuts and Snoopy fan.

Skippy, yay for ordering some small sized sweaters.Woo hoo for Skippy!

36.gif
Great idea to enjoy some things in moderation over the holidays but don’t binge eat.Thanks for the support and words of encouragement.

Rod, I am glad you day went better.Good luck with the candidate job offer.Glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope that cough goes away soon.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tlh - Ha for stealing all the blankets! Maybe that will teach him!! If he''s like my hubby, it abolutely kills him to turn on the heat. It got down to 29 a few weeks ago, and hubby finally gave in and cranked it up. Your dinner sounds yummy, even as leftovers!

marcy - 6 inches of snow would nearly shut us down here! Actually, snow isn''t so bad. It''s the freezing rain that shuts us down. Luckily we''ve had neither so far. I made myself another giant salad for dinner tonight. After eating either catered in meals or restaurant food for every single meal for 9 straight days, I can''t get enough veggies!

skippy - How awesome is buying size small sweaters?!?! Yay!!!! Do you think your shots help? My hubby is having a terrible time right now and is going through his allergy medicine like crazy. He''s never done the shots, though. Our yard is in some serious need of raking, but my back is swollen from my trip and his allergies are acting ugly. We''re going to get kicked out of the neighborhood for having a sloppy yard!

rod - you have to hate when your computer restarts itself. That happened to hubby tonight, and I heard this painful yell "nooooooo!!!!!" Sounds like your work day was a little better, and I hope that continues. Get well!!!!

I went back to work today for the first time in 7 business days, and I wanted to come right back home almost as soon as I got there. Why is it that as soon as you get in after being out a while, you have 10 people at your door wanting you to take care of something before you even get your computer turned on? It was actually almost comical this morning. I think I''ll sneak in and shut my door tomorrow! Dinner tonight was a big salad and a turkey sandwich on white wheat bread, and it has warmed up outside so we took a nice long walk with Lily. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!!!
35.gif
Happy Hump day. I woke up wanting to make pasta e fagioli for dinner; I have beans, tomatoes and pasta so I just need a zucchini and some green beans. I will go for a 45 min walk this evening!

Have a great day friends!!!

DEEGEE, phooey for people coming to your desk right away! Thank you for the kudos on the sweater; you are so sweet! Well, it helps me some but not a lot; my doctor gave me the option of quitting after 15 years of shots. lol I think he said shots help 70% of the people who do the injections; I guess I am the 30%. There is a scratch test involved that takes an hour and then that determines how bad his allergies are and what he is allergic to. Then the doctor makes up a little bottle of what he is allergic to and he will be injected w/a tiny amount and it builds up over time with lots of shots. Has he tried nose spray like Astepro and zyrtec; that helps a little bit for me but makes me so sleeeeeeeeepy. I am sorry about your hubby; that is no fun. I also take lots of advil cold and sinus to dry me out; it helps but I know some people don't like it at all.

MARCY, yay for staying in range; I bet you feel great!!! Wow, 6 inches of snow! burr, stay warm sugar! We just had that dusting that one day. It would be fun to have snow for Christmas though. hehe Yay that is smart taking your meal! thanks about the sweater!

ROD, woohooo for the boss leaving people alone and for the candidate getting and offer! Yay for the gym tomorrow! thank you about the sweaters; I can't wait to get them; maybe I will leave the tag sticking out.
2.gif
hehe

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

Thanks for all the congrats on my being down 10 lbs! However, I can say that I won''t be losing any more, at least not for 9 months.

Skippy~ Yay for time with your nephews, I bet you''re super excited about babysitting soon! Yay for keeping up with an advanced workout, sorry your knees won''t allow you to continue it. btw-Jillian used to be overweight?? I''ve just recently started watching her workouts and I didn''t know that. Wow for pasta fagioli

lliang~ Your pics are gorgeous!

Rod~ Hope you''re feeling better today. Glad you got to have a good dinner with Charlie.

deegee~ Good luck on your weigh in! I know it''s annoying to have a dozen people waiting for you at work upon your return, but it should feel good knowing that they all look to you for support.

Marcy~ Yay for sticking with your calorie range!!

tlh~ LOL about JT being James Bond, we''ve been told that a few times. YAY for winning the heat battle!

I''ve been told not to do Jillian''s workouts or anything strenuous like lunges, squats, leg lifts and crunches. Walking and swimming have been suggested, but it''s too cold to drag JT out walking with me and he doesn''t exactly want to get back to the pool yet. I did find an On Demand workout that is 2 mile walks indoors. I just perused it and it seems to be a lot of marching in place with a bit of strength training at the same time. I''ll try that and see how it goes. I''ll also start doing the 30 min cardio that I had been doing before I started the more advanced workouts. I hope to keep the inches off my arms and legs so I''m a step ahead when I start trying to lose weight again.

That''s all for now.

Have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 10:18:40 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Hello, all!

Thanks for all the congrats on my being down 10 lbs! However, I can say that I won't be losing any more, at least not for 9 months.
Many Congratulations!!!!!!
9.gif
Yay, how exciting Somethingshiny; I am so happy for you, your hubby and JT
36.gif
Yay for walking!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- size small sweaters... whoop whoop! I too love Jillian Michaels! I hear she''s got a new show coming out with chef Curtis Stone... it will be interesting to see if it takes off and what they do w/ the BL. The temp is 40''s in the AM, and it gradually warms all day, the peak heat is at 5 where it is low 70''s until dark, then the temp drastically drops again... gotta love the desert!

Rod- I''m so happy that your candidate got an offer! glad you are feeling better... sometimes a workout just gives me peace and calm... hope it does the same for you!

Marcy- I have the same issues sometimes with the treader. IT is the unnatural motion of a moving belt... so I completely understand just hitting the ground. When I lived in Missouri and the weather was inclimate and I didnt want to run on the mill- my favorite workout was running up and down the stairs for 20 minutes. Gotta be careful on the way down- dang carpet! Now I''ll do that in the afternoon, so I don''t bug the neighbors! Hmm... about the pants. Have you thought about indulging in some decorative belts? That may help smooth the lines a bit, and give a focal point of distraction - and also give a nice line!

deegee- OMG, I laughed out loud about your office scenario. SOOO FREAKING TRUE. Its like, let me log on, sip on my coffee for 5 minutes and check my 800 new emails and 30 voice messages! (yup, even when the out of office is on!) I''m glad Lily got the walk. That is why I love dogs. They don''t complain. Tell you that you''re too fast, complain that you''re too slow, complain about your conversation, the weather, or anything. Whatever you want, they are there to please you. LOVE IT!

Shiny- did I miss something? are you preggo? I''m glad that you''ve found workouts that work for you! I love reading stories about your little man!

Everyone happy weds. I am happy to report I slept like a bug in a rug last night. The heat was on, and I woke up nice and toasty. (Wicked grin!) I got all my winter running gear on and took the little guy out for a quick 4 miler this morn. he was being stubborn and wanted to sniff everything. He behaves much better when it is light out. I get really nervous because of the stupid coyotes, when I run with him, and I always fear one getting some gusto one morning. My coworker that runs the same trails as me saw a bobcat a couple weeks ago, and now refuses to run in the dark w/ her dogs. She''s kinda got me spooked too... but she lives a little closer to the reservation than I do, and there is a lot more open land out there... where the problem w/ the wildlife is a bit more prevalant. Eats tonight should be good. I''m making stuffed peppers w/ ground turkey for me and the hubs.

"Charlie: These are Santa''s reindeer, aren''t they?
Scott Calvin: I hope not. These are... A gift. Probably from the cable company. We''re getting the Disney Channel now. Merry Christmas. " The Santa Clause

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, just a quick flyby. Sorry I was missing yesterday we''re swamped and I"m playing catch up with school as well. I did do the same basic workout the day before yesterday but switched up some things. I added some weighted moves and some side plank reps, and did cross punches, side kicks and jump rope in between. I also did squats, and leg raises. I MADE SHRIMP ON THE BARBECUE hehe It was my first barbecue excursion on my own, did them with cajun seasoning and we had broccoli with cheese on the side. Great dinner! Last night we had wings (bad I know but they were naked and I had bleu cheese), and I did the same workout but shortened a bit as I had to clean the bedroom and bathroom.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
tlh~ Yes. Got the BFP on Monday! We weren''t exactly trying but we haven''t really been trying to prevent for most of the last 3.5 yrs. It''s a wonderful surprise for our family! We haven''t told our families yet but I had to tell someone! The doc has already adjusted my caloric intake and workouts via phone, I see him on Tues.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening all!

Skippy - I''d totally leave that tag hanging out! My bones are larger than a size small, so I''m jealous of you since that''s a size I''ll never see!

Congrats Shiny! Yay!!!! My sister has rheumatoid arthritis, so she had to keep exercising while she was pregnant so that she could move. I think she found a video for expectant moms by Denise Austin.

Hi dragonfly!

Hi marcy! Yay for another day of sticking with it! I don''t normally have knee problems, but walking on the treadmill actually bothers my knees. Walking outside doesn''t bother them at all, but there will be many days this winter that I won''t be able to walk outside because of the ice. I''ll have to figure something else out. I hope you had a good day and learned a bunch in your supervisor class!

tlh - I''d be a little afraid of the wildlife in your area too. Last night when I took Lily out for her final business of the day, I heard a lot of rustling in the brush by the creek that runs behind our house. Creeped me out! There was an article in the paper last week about coyotes coming closer to homes in our area due to lack of food in the mountains, so I''m all jumpy at the thoughts of meeting one!

Weigh in today wasn''t as horrible as I feared. I lost .5 lb. Yippeee!!! I didn''t gain!!! Our leader gave us a recipe packet for making Thanksgiving yummies less fattening. I''m responsible for bringing the sweet potato casserole to TG dinner. My recipe calls for lots of sugar, brown sugar and butter. I wonder if I can use splenda, brown sugar splenda, and low fat butter. I''ll have to experiment before I try to feed it to anyone! It''s cold and rainy tonight, so we had chili and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. Oh no - Lily just came in with a soaking wet head. I''ve got to go see what that''s all about! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY Shiny!!!!! Congratulations to you, hubby and JT!!

Hey......This has to be really short. Hello to everyone! It was a long day. And I did make it to the gym tonight and had a good workout. I''m still coughing a bit, but am feeling better, so that''s a good thing. I won''t be back in the gym until Saturday.

Sorry this is so short, but by the time I got home from the gym, had some dinner, checked my work email, etc., it''s now already 11 PM. Sleep well everyone.......

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello, hellooooooo!!!!

OMG is it ONLY weds??? Sigh!!!!! Tomorrow''s Happy Hour with my old coworkers, and then Wine Night. So no working out for me tomorrow. That''s okay we have Friday.

Skip, Wow, you''re so coordinated to do step. I can never do it. Blah, I''d had raking leaves! I told James I am *not* doing yardwork. He said "OK" he''ll take care of yardwork as long as we''re together. Never mind we live in a CONDO in the CITY... lucky ducky!! My sis says we need to get a REALLY big yard when we finally get a house... With REALLY long driveway. Pasta fagioli sounds tasty. I should look up a recipe. We''re doing lasagna tonight & chicken parm tomorrow. Yay for smaller sweaters.

Marcy, Yay! for staying within calorie range!

Rod, I''m glad the boss backed off a little bit more. Hope the rest of the week just gets better.

D.G. glad to have your back! So glad you were able to enjoy your vacation :) Chili sounds like perfect dinner :) Next week I''m making shepherd''s pie for James, I''ll have to add chili to the docket too. I put turkey in the lasagna tonight and he said he wasn''t a fan... He prefers sausage or ground beef. Sigh... boys. If he had his way he''d be eating steak/beef every night!!!

TLH I''ll have to check out the half in August. But it''s usually unbearable hot and I hate hate hate running in heat. I''m such a priss... James requested tacos this week. I''ve never made them before. Maybe I should get him to make it...
11.gif
I call James a blanket terrorist because he doesn''t steal the covers he just kicks them all off the bed so no one can have it. He said now I fight back and *GRAB* on my corner and make really cute sad pouting noises in my sleep..

SS, Sorry you can''t do your normal workouts. But CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Is Yoga off limits too?

Yesterday the weather was terrible, cold and rainy, so I holed up and finished watching my DVR''d shows. Today I did bikram. Whew!!! We decided to do it once a week, and I think that''s making it harder to get used to. Sis and I did it like 2-3 times a week last winter and we were total pros. I think I might ramp up just to get myself reacquainted with the heat, then throttle back to once a week...

I can''t believe next week is Thanksgiving!!!! Sis is in Japan for vacation so I''ve been doing my workouts solo.
7.gif
Also another reason why I''ve been lacking in motivation... But I''m trying to stay the course, I''ve done 2 workouts this week so far...

What happened to Ted? Ted if you''re out there
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I am so glad we are getting closer to the weekend.I walked in to a hornet’s nest at work today so spent my first 90 minutes trying to get that worked out before heading out to the college for my supervisor’s class.The class today was on coaching for success.We got to talking about eliminating negativity at work and improving performance.I am known for brevity and bluntness so I just had to tell them my philosophy is “don’t be bitter; be better”.I did point out to the HR guy there I would never really say that to an employee.My friend said she was sure going to be using that line on her teenagers.

They had healthy food there today.

9.gif
They put out a salad and a deli tray to make your own sandwich.They even had a few sun chips.I went ahead and ate their food and kept my PB sandwich and baked lays for later.It turned out that was a good idea because I worked late and had something to eat before my class tonight.

I stopped and bought us the 150 calorie ice cream cone at McDonald’s on the way home from school.

I also put together a handout for my astronomy meeting on Friday.I am doing a program on the lives of stars and then going over the Winter Hexagon and Winter Triangle.

Tomorrow night we are taking my parents to supper for my dad’s birthday.

Deegee, I would think I was going to die if we didn’t have heat on when it was that cold outside.Yay for having a nice salad for supper.Sounds like they missed you at work.Allergy shots really help but I don’t get them even though they want me to get 2 shots a week.I honestly feel better when I am taking them.I have access to the college gym so I think I will look in to walking around their track.Congratulations for being down .5 pounds.

36.gif

Skippy, sounds like you had healthy food thoughts when you woke up.

Somethingshiny, congratulations!I bet you are all very excited.

Tlh, my dad used to run the steps and he is healthy as a horse.My knees are bad though so that is really out of the question for me.Walking seems to work the best.Thanks for the idea on the belt.Strange as this may sound I actually do not own a belt.I guess my old 5X stretch pants days have one leftover effect on me; I just never think of buying a belt.My pants do have belt loops though.I am scared for you and your dog out there in the dark – be careful lady!Do you carry a spray or something?

Dragonfly, your BBQ sounds great.

Lisa, sorry you have to exercise solo for a few weeks.It sure helps to have someone to workout with.Marty kicks off all the covers too but luckily they end up on me.I am usually cold but then I’ll wake up about 3 am boiling.

Sleep well!

35.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results