shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th Feb till 21st Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.We have a big snow storm moving in tonight.Woo hoo!Winter is back.I went and filled my car with gas tonight and got a notice my oil was at “minimum” so Marty put some oil in for me tonight.I have my last supervisor class tomorrow so I need my car for sure.

I think I will skip my cake class tomorrow night.I am not enjoying it so much this time; the teacher spends more time visiting than showing us what to do.My friend and I thought we’d go to HH next week and my bet is we won’t show up at class this time.

9.gif
The class was ½ price so I guess we aren’t wasting that much money.

Tlh, glad you had some rain.Soon you’ll be joining in on my snow stories.

1.gif
We always have to pay taxes so I know what you mean.That will be nice to get to deduct moving expenses.We couldn’t even file long form this year as we didn’t have enough deductions.We should make out better on taxes in the future because my teaching income always put us in a lot higher tax bracket and shot up what we owed.

Pinki, congratulations for being down more and so close to your goal.

36.gif
I am sorry to hear about your grandmother and your friends.

Kimi, good to hear from you.I’ve been wondering how you are doing.I hate to hear about the diagnosis but hopefully you can control it with eating.How sweet to be moving close to a nice place to take a bootcamp class.And a built in babysitter? That is great.As for my job issue – my college sent me a letter in the mail notifying me my classes will no longer be offered starting this summer.I took it pretty hard at first but I am doing fine now.
Beach Runner, it is exciting that tomorrow is Thursday already.That is great you’ve adjusted to the altitude already.I hope you got a run in tonight before the snow moves in.

Somethingshiny, I hope JT, your nephew and husband are all doing better.That is great you are still able to work out on your exercise ball.I hope you enjoyed the cheese pizza tonight.

Rod, that is great your improvements will be made on the condo with the counter offer.It sounds like a marvelous place.Sorry you are still jealous of my 3 day weekend.I am slacking off tomorrow too.My supervisor class is tomorrow and it is for 7 hours with a working lunch so I am not going back to work.I will go in at 8 as normal but then get off an hour early.

Well, I am off to get my contacts out.I’ve worn them for 4 days in a row now.It is so nice to be able to see.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kimmy! Sorry to read about the GD! Cannot wait to hear more about your bun!
Shiny- the ER - oh no! I''m glad everyone is alright!
Rod- exciting news about the condo!

Sorry to not post to all individually. I''m just running around like a crazy person - trying to squeeze in meetings, calls, and errands. Lining up the job situation, the move, animal paperwork, packing, movers, the fees, our taxes (BOO!), I feel like I''m hemmorraghing money! Seriously, I''m just throwing out cash like beads at mardi gras! BLEH! Oh and work, eghad! And to top it all off it was 78* yesterday. A gorgeous day, BEAUTIFUL. Will be 72* today, and I''m just pouting like a kid because I don''t want to move to 27* weather. Oh, and we''re eatting all sorts of weird food, as we''re trying to make meals out of what is in our fridge/freezer/and cupboard. Our latest adventure was a spinach pasta. We made the spinach into a sauce, and ate it with mushrooms and noodles - topped with some parm cheese. It wasn''t awful, but it could have been better.

Enjoy your Thursday all!
35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Thursday!
1.gif

Kim- To a quick and healthy delivery! So exciting!
35.gif

shiny- Cheers to the ball and ab exercises! Boo to the ER.

rod- Congrats with the offer and the condo!

marcy-I don''t think we''re suppose to get that much snow, but we''ll see.

tlh- Reading your post made ME tired. Again, good luck with everything!

I did my miles on the treadmill last night. It wasn''t SO bad. I get bored after 30 min so I do intervals which aren''t soooo bad. Had turkey tacos for eats. Hubs think I drink *too much water*
23.gif
I think he''s crazy. I have 48oz at work, then another ~30oz once I get home. He''s silly.

I''m afraid it''ll be another treadmill day; like Marcy said, we''re due for a (hopefully) small storm. We''ll make stir-fry for eats tonight (brown Basmati rice with veggies and tofu). Yum
18.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all
I don''t know if I covered this but I now have a list of exercise I''m OK''d to do from the chiro.
they are:
walking
swimming
stationary bikes
riding horses (so long as the trot is either slow sitting, or a posting, but IF I do this I''ll only be walking for a while... baby horse still learning)
yoga (just no hinging my neck really far forward)
upper body weights
elastic bands
light step class (none with jumping)

Things I"m not to do
dance
run
jumping jacks
jump rope
lunges
crunches
squats
anything that might strain my lower back
elliptical
contact sports

So tonight I''m going to try a light speed walk at the gym with a book. Just an easy pace to get my back stretched a bit. I''ve been doing yoga which feels oh so good.. you should have HEARD my back popping last night as I was stretching...

Rod - Sorry you are without a Charlie, but I hope you have a good week regardless

It sounds like you all are doing fantastic!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.They cancelled my supervisor class today because the instructor was sick.We had about 4 inches of snow with a few more expected.It’s a nice wet snow so it was icy coming home.Marty wants to go to work early tomorrow so I have to get up early enough to ride in with him.I made PBJ’s for lunch with baked lays.

Tlh, good luck getting everything done to get ready to move.

Beach Runner, I quit drinking quite as much water as I used to.I still have 6 to 8 glasses a day though.The treadmill can get boring.

Dragonfly, that is quite a list so hopefully you can find things that work for you.

I am off to get ready for bed.

See ya!

35.gif

Marcy

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I think my body fat got lost and refused to ask for directions...I went up a lb instead of down, so I missed my goal this week. Arg. Here goes for next week!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I''m busy working and addressing/assembling wedding invitations. Yippee!

Cj

tlh

Ideal_Rock
BR- I actually had my DR tell me I drink too much water. Which is now something they worry about in terms of hyponatria possible diabetes and what not... but you also flush out good minerals and what not when you drink *too much* water.. (and I drink 2.5-3 liters of water a day.. or about as much as you!)

DF- enjoy your walk! I know when I couldn''t run I tried to find other things I''d enjoy - and I actually LOVE lap swimming, turns out I only *hated* swim team and practice! haha! So I''m soo happy you''ve found yoru love for yoga!!!

Marcy- I love baked lays! I am glad you''ll get some extra time with Marty- even if you have to wake a bit earlier! Have a great day!

Hey, in laws are in town. Car troubles on the way to their 6 week vaca in san diego Cali. So they''ll be with us for a few days while their car is getting fixed. A sensor broke (the car is 6 mos old!) and needed to be ordered in to fix the car. Apparantly it helps keep the truck at a level in case of a heavy load. BUt it is broken so the car is riding at a huge slant like it is a hydrolics car. It was a surprise visit, but we''re making due- and having in laws help us bubble wrap and pack. (Yes I am sure they are thrilled.) Tried a new place to eat last night... had a couple slices of pizza and shared a greek salad with my husband. It was good. Anywho, hope everyone is doing well - have a nice weekend!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday!
36.gif

marcy- We only have a couple inches so far, and it''s not snowing anymore. We''ll see what the weekend brings!

pinki- Don''t get discouraged! Maybe you gained a pound of muscle! Good luck with those wedding invites. Luckily, my husband helped out a lot with the DIY stuff, including wedding invitations, so it wasn''t that bad!

tlh- I have heard about Hyponatremia, but I don''t think I''m drinking enough water to flood my body, so to speak. I guess I''ll become more cautious about my water consumption. I guess I average about 72oz of water per day, which is 9 cups, or 2 liters. Have fun with your in-laws!

I had to run on the treadmill again last night. Again, it wasn''t horrible. Doing intervals always make the time go faster. I just hope I don''t have to do my long run on the treadmill; I don''t know if I''d make it! We had stir-fry to eats last night. Tonight, we''re headed north for a couples good-bye party as they are moving west. They were super helpful when we first moved to CO, and we''ll surely miss em! I''ll probably have a beer or two, as I''m not a big drinker.

Have a good weekend!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Busy group! Yeah! But where-O-where is Miss Skippy?????????????????????????? Miss her sunny vibes!!!

Everybody here is moving or on the move--great to hear. I worked it hard in the pool and on the treadmill (very hig incline and fast) and feel great. Had the TV on but when Tiger Woods came on I didn''t want him to spoil my postive feelings, so I tuned him out and turned him off.

Pinke--try not to get discouraged--I think scales have lives of their own--they do/say what they want!
9.gif
Keep up the exercise and eating right your health rewards will follow!

Shout out to all our fun group who post--and those who lurk; enjoy your weekend!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I''m so sorry to hear about your classes. Glad you''re doing okay with the news, but still so sorry.

TLH, I''ll be sure to post a picture when she arrives.

Shiny, thanks for the warm wishes. Glad JT is okay.

Rod, I''ve passed the message on to John.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I never got the chance to check in last night. Not because Rod was at the gym, but because Rod worked till after 8, and then came home ate something quick, did a little more work and then just shut the laptop down. I didn't sleep well at all last night and I woke up with a very slight sore throat. I don't think I'm coming down with anything, I think my sinuses must have run while I slept. I left work tonight at 6, which is kind of late for a Friday night and since Charlie's in Bufallo visiting family, I couldn't decide what to have for dinner, so I just went to a little pizza place and had two slices, followed by a cup of coffee at Sbucks (but I sat inside as it's still too cool to sit outside). I'm going to sleep as late as possible tomorrow morning. I really really really need some rest. My big project at work is pretty much finished, and since I looked like a wet noodle today, my boss suggested I take Monday off. I'm taking her up on the offer, so Marcy, I'll have a 3 day weekend too!! Since I worked a billion hours over the last few weeks, I don't think they're making me take a vacation day either. We got word from the developer that the developer has approved our offer, BUT.........there's an equity partner involved and they have to approve it as well. So we won't have a final answer until early next week. I was ready to go sign the contract this weekend and am a bit disappointed I won't be able to. Oh well.......They say good things come to those who wait. Right??? I'm not doing anything at all tomorrow. I will go to the gym Sunday. That's about all the news on my side.

Sorry for more snow Marcy. It's been a pretty unusual winter everywhere this year. I'm glad Marty topped off the oil in your car.

tlh, I can imagine you feel like your life is being ripped apart. Moving a great distance is tough tough tough. I hope I never move to a really cold place again. Charlie misses cold and snow, but me........NO WAY!! LOL Have fun with the inlaws.

BR, drinking too much water can be a bad thing. I read an article recently that the advice they've pushing down our throats the last few years to drink so much water, is actually not a good thing. Water is great for you. Huge amounts of it are not. And the articles I've read lately suggest we should drink when we're either thirsty, or we know we'll need to be better hydrated, like when working out.

dragon, I'm glad the chiro stopped you from the contortions you've been doing on the ball. It can really play havoc with your back. Sounds like the ones he approved are really good.

pinki, I wouldn't be at all concerned about being one pound up. Our body weight naturally fluctuates from 1 - 5 lbs., a day. For example after eating sushi, if I use a bit too much soy sauce, I'll retain more water. I didn't really gain wait, as it's just water retention.

Hey Sharon.......Miss Skippy hasn't been here for a while. I have written her privately and she's doing well, just really busy. I hope she comes back as I miss her like you and so many of us do. Skippy, if you see this.......PLEASE COME HOME!

Thanks Kimberly!!

OK, I may not check in for a couple days. I'm really turning things off tonight and not logging back in for a couple days. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I may go see our (hopefully) new place this weekend. My boss and her husband are jealous of where we're buying (it's where she wanted to live), so they asked if I'd be interested in going there with them to see if there's anything they might want to buy. I'm not really sure I want to live so close to them, but it's a big tower and we wouldn't be on top of each other........I hope.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Our astronomy meeting went well tonight.Not many people ventured out in the cold and snow.We are expecting about 6 more inches tomorrow.Marty has to drive to the airport on Sunday so I hope the roads are okay on Sunday.

Pinki, sorry to hear you didn’t reach your goal.I found what worked for me was not to put a date on goals so I wouldn’t get disappointed if I didn’t reach them by a set date.

Tlh, that is interesting about what can happen if you drink too much water.Baked lays are great.I don’t even like regular chips anymore.Marty and I were on the way to work a little after 7.Poor guy broke the plug on his diesel truck though.When he unplugged the truck it sparked really bad and it pulled out about 3 inches of wire from the plug on his truck.Good think I didn’t see it because I would definitely have screamed.That is too bad about the in-laws having car trouble but you have some extra help packing now.

Beach Runner, glad to hear you didn’t have much snow.Most of the snow on the sidewalks and streets melted today once the sun came out.I hope you don’t have much snow tomorrow or Sunday so Marty doesn’t have to drive on ice to DIA.It sounds like you had a fun time at the party for your friends.

Sharon, good idea to keep a positive beat to your day.

Kimi, thank you for the thoughts on my teaching job.I appreciate it.

Rod, I hope you are not coming down with a cold.How wonderful you get a three day weekend.You will spend time at the gym I am sure but I hope you enjoy some fun “me” time too.What day does Charlie get back?Glad to hear your big project is coming along and I will continue to send mega PS dust your way that everything gets approved. Have fun visiting your new condo. We are going in to our snowy months now.Marty wants to go to a concert in Denver in a few weeks and asked me if I wanted to spend the night.My response was “remember how it turned out last time?” For those of you new to the thread we got stranded in a blizzard last March coming home from a concert and we were lucky to find a hotel off the highway.

Have a wonderful weekend.

35.gif

Marcy

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I haven''t posted in this thread for months and months but I thought would stop by and give you all an update on myself.

I joined my local Slimming World group on Jan 18th. Since then I have lost 17.5lbs. I have been slimmer of the week for two consecutive weeks now and am feeling GREAT. I still have a very long way to go till I reach my target weight but I am on the way!

I am morbidly obese and if I don''t change now, I never will, so the fact this is working is fantastic. I desperately would like to start a family sooner rather than later and now I am married and about to turn 30...my clock is ticking away frantically.

Hope you are all well.

Emma xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. We’ve had about 8 inches of snow now and there is more on the way. This afternoon we had some giant snowflakes; they were so pretty. We stayed home all day. I made homemade soup, corn bread and yes evil brownies.

Emma, it‘s good to hear from you. Trust me girl, I wished I’d done something when I was your age instead of waiting so I am delighted to hear you are working on improving your health now. Congratulations on losing 18 pounds already.
36.gif

Have a great Sunday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Our snowy weekend is winding down. Not the snow - just the weekend. I think there is about 8 inches of snow out there. I went to the grocery store this morning and I didn''t spend much since Marty is out of town this week. I made us mini meatloafs and mashed potatoes for lunch. I have enough leftovers for 4 lunches this week. For supper I had leftover soup. Marty arrived safely in Arizona tonight. I cleaned house while he was in flight. It''s good therapy for the nerves.

Some of my students told me I have a broken link in last week''s lab. I was going to go fix it - then I figured - "Why bother?" It''s not like I am going to use it again.
11.gif

I watched "Time Traveler''s Wife" after Marty left today. It was pretty good but not a tear jerker like "The Notebook".

Well, I am going to finish my dusting and get ready for bed. See you in next week''s thread.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results