shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th Feb till 21st Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I wanted to discuss expectations today and the standards we impose on ourselves. It is possible to be too hard on ourselves but if you cut yourself too much slack then you won't get the results you want.

Example of cutting yourself some slack....

1)" I wish I hadn't eaten that huge slice of cake....
39.gif
But I don't expect perfection and occasionally I can eat some of the high calorie foods I like as my healthier lifestyle allows for that. I eat carefully and workout regularly so in the overall scheme of things eating this cake won't sabotage all my hard work."

Example of cutting yourself TOO much slack....

2) "I wish I hadn't eaten that huge slice of cake....
39.gif
But....losing weight and trying to get fit, this whole thing is a waste of time. I will never lose the weight, I have been SO GOOD for two weeks and I have only lost five pounds
38.gif
.....I don't know why I bother or even care - in fact I don't care! I will never be able to lose weight and get healthy at my age/ time of life/ in my situation/......." and so the cycle continues.

I am sure the second scenario is familiar to many of us! So getting the balance right between having reasonable expectations of yourself and standards which are either too strict or not strict enough that you give up altogether is essential.

If you want cake, eat it and enjoy it. If it goes over your calorie allowance - big deal. Just continue on your path and eat well and exercise, the cake won't make any difference in the long run. Remember it is the choices you make consistently over the next few weeks, months and years that will help you achieve your goals!

Have a great week
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful opener Lorelei. So true. This journey is about loving ourselves, and with that love - comes forgiveness. We must be able to allow ourselves that piece of cake w/o making eating the cake and "getting off the path" determine our worthiness.

Everyone, our application was approved on the housing. So we''re moving in less than 2 weeks. INSANE CRAZY! This move is crazy. I don''t have any winter clothes! EEK! I didn''t even think I''d need them... It is now in the mid 70''s in Scottsdale... and by March upper 70''s, and 80''s... so I naturally assume it will only be in the 50s or 60''s and looks like there may be more snow... EGHAD! Hubs and I ran the race yesterday. What a nice break from the move talk. we ran it seperately so that he can get a jump start in his Ironman training. Well, he came in 3rd. Not bad! I was super proud. His bronze medal was pretty sweet too. Then we stayed around for the awards ceremony - which was a lot of fun! It was a nice way to celebrate Valentines Day.

Have a great day everyone!
35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy new week all!

I have today off, so it''s nice to spend a morning at home posting on PS.

Great opener and so true. I am a firm believer of eating in moderation, and if you crave something, then eat it. That way, you won''t be thinking about it all the time.

Our V-Day was great; I got a quick am run in, went grocery shopping before the crowds, went to lunch at our favorite thai restaurant, made home made chicken soup, ate soy ice cream, and watched the Olympics and a movie!

tlh- Good luck on your move! You''ll be fine! I''d start off with a nice pair of boots, a nice winter coat, and some sweaters. Gloves, scarves, and a car scraper are prob "must haves" as well! Good for your hubs to come in 3rd! What distance was your race?

Hope everyone has a good Monday!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am hopefully going back to the chiropractor tomorrow. I did yoga this weekend, and made the mistake of riding my horse... bad idea. On a bright note though, I have eaten healthy and premade a batch of brown rice with beans, broccoli, carrots and red pepper for lunch this week! It goes well with just about anything, and I like it with a little light dressing or some hot sauce over it.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
My weekend was so packed, but in a good way. My BFF''s fiance flew in from Louisiana; he had off Today and tomorrow for Mardi Gras so he took advantage to grace us with his presence. He made us a delicious home made chicken parm that was amazing. We had a work Bowling tournament that was fun, but I was tempted and gave in on a beer...but it was so good. The Olympics have also been so fun to watch every night, I find myself up way too late and can''t pull myself away! Has anyone else noticed the great commercials they''ve been playing? I also had a Brown Bag Party Saturday night which was a great time; great hostess who had a ton of food and drinks! It''s rough having a job where people offer you snacks and booze all the time!!!

I hit the gym every morning at 5:00am and this morning was a little rough getting going. Despite my full Italian meal on Saturday and a couple more slips I''ve still maintained at 178. This week my goal is to hit 176 by Friday. C''mon Me!!!

Lorelei: So very true. I had a huge dinner followed by a jalapeño popper and a beer on Saturday and felt like I threw it all away! Talk about overly dramatic.

tlh: Congrats on both the run and the house! Welcome to the cold!! Brrr...it will be awful your first winter, but at least you''re coming at the tail end of it all. Layers are your best friends - Once you get up here Stop at your local REI or Erehwon and get some layers and an outer shell, gloves that have a fleece liner and a removable outer shell, smart socks and a pair of boots! I have Emu boots that are both cute and super warm...but thinking about it, right about now is when I dearly miss Phoenix. LOL. My brother is running outside and I''m still on a treadmill!

Beachrunner: so jealous of the day off...sounds like you''re making great use of the time!

Dragonfly: That sounds like a great lunch! I made a ground turkey, low fat stroganoff last night that will keep me on track all week for lunches. I''ll have to try the rice one you made next week. I love new ideas! Thanks!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei~ Very timely once again! My best friend called to let me know that she''s lost 20 lbs. After years of starting and giving up, she said I inspired her to not be perfect. (which I found from the HLT!!!) She''s really seeing results now! I''m so proud of her because I know that THIS time will be the LAST time. She''s eating and living in a way that she can continue throughout her life.

tlh~ HUGE congrats to you!!! Good luck with your move!! Tape the remotes to the TV''s and bring Clorox wipes and TP in your bag!! Get a few layering pieces to get you by until Spring, then hit the big deals for next years wardrobe starters.

df~ I think you''ve got a new project horse, right?? What are you starting on?

Hello, all, hope you''re doing great!!

My nephews bday was Sat so we went to his party. I had a small piece of cake and a bit of ice cream. Fortunately (!!) the cake wasn''t very good so a small piece was plenty! DH has been sick all weekend and I''m really hoping I don''t get it. JT cut his tongue this am while I was cleaning at my g''ma''s. Somehow he wrapped a string around it and sliced it! He seems to be doing fine but the meal plans for the next couple days have to change.

I''ve been doing some more yoga lately and as long as I''m careful with my hips, I''m doing well.

For those interested, I did get my 5 stone ring!!

Here is the link.

Have a great day!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I love having Monday off.I can’t wait to win Publisher’s clearing house so I can stay home all the time.

9.gif

We slept in a little bit.I made pancake(s) (Marty got two and I had one) and I made him bacon for breakfast.Marty make some curry shrimp soup for lunch so I bought a taco for me.I was starving this afternoon so had some almonds and a 2% cheese stick.I bought some of the thin 100 calorie wheat buns and will make up cheeseburgers for supper.Doesn’t that sound tasty?

3.gif

The last time I was at the store I saw some low fat brownies (a mix) but couldn’t find it today.It wasn’t the pudge brownies it was Betty Crocker.Has anyone tried them?

Lorelei, great opener.I figure as long as I try every day I will end up okay. We have to be accepting of ourselves and any setbacks but the big difference is going back on track.

Tlh, moving in 2 weeks?OMG!That is so soon.Congratulations to your husband for finishing 3rd.Woo hoo!

Beach Runner, sounds like you had a nice day off.I have my papers graded already so that means I can goof off this evening and watch some TV.

Dragonfly, sorry to hear that going for a horse ride aggravated your back. Good luck at the chiropractor tomorrow.

Pinki, you did have a busy weekend.Chicken parm is one of my favorites.Good luck reaching your goal this week.

Somethingshiny, congratulations to your friend.I think that is so important to realize we are not perfect and have to find a way to make it a change we can live with every day.Sorry to hear JT cut his tongue.That sounds painful but I think the mouth heals fairly quickly.I will go check out your ring.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Lorelei!

I just had to comment, because I went through scenario #2 yesterday. I was at my mom''s house for Chinese New Year, and she had cake for dessert. She put a normal size slice along with a smaller size slice on my plate for me to feed my 2 year old. My daughter didn''t want the cake, and I ended up eating both pieces. I know it was too much cake but I have lost motivation in getting fit again. I''ve been thinking to myself that it''s just too hard to find the time working full time, taking care of a 2 year old and a 10 month old, while cooking and keeping the house clean and now that I''m going back to school on Monday nights, it just seems impossible. At the same time, I feel yucky and overweight in my clothes. I still have 20 lbs left of baby weight I need to drop, but I just don''t know when/how I''m going to be able to fit working out into my schedule. It''s a horrible cycle that I know I need to break. Eating unhealthy because I feel depressed by the situaiton and feeling depressed because I can''t find the time to be healthy. I''m going to set my alarm to 4:50am tomorrow so I can work out before I have to get myself ready for work and the kids ready for day care. I don''t know if I can do it, but I will plan for it and will try my best to get up. Wish me luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Lovelyhearts! I find that planning my meals for the week (in my calorie range) really helps keep me on track. I weigh out my food and pack up as much as I can for the week. Keep in touch with us we will be cheering you on.
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It''s already after 10, so this will be short. It wasn''t as stressful at work today, but was still a long day. I should be grateful I have a job and much to do........We started the day off on a not fun note. Mr. Charlie was extra cranky this morning and hit me with a double barrel shot gun over concerns about the condo''s size, etc. That was Dr Jeckyl. Later in the day, Mr. Hyde called and he thought through all the options and we decided we''d think seriously about whether to make an offer. So, we met for sushi tonight and came up with a pro''s/con''s list and the reality is the lifestyle the condo would provide, offsets the lack of space and views, so we''re going to make an offer. But, we''re going to make one offer and let them know it''s all we''re willing to pay and we''re asking for hardwood floors throughout the entire home (we don''t really like carpeting much). If they accept the offer we''re done. If they don''t, we''ll keep looking, as we do have time since our current home doesn''t close till June 15. Anyway, that''s our news...........

Great opener Lorelei. I think most of us have been at option two in our lives. I''m glad I finally found the motivation to make diet and exercist a permanent part of my life, but I''ve finally also allowed myself to eat a few fun things along the way.............

To everyone hello. I''ll have to end this for now as I still have some more work to do. I am planning on the gym tomorrow night and I''ll check in briefly after my workout.

Sleep well everyone.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, how exciting to be making an offer on the condo. Good luck.
35.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy all!

Lorelei - Scenario #2 seems to fit most of my WW group right now. I need to figure out how to motivate them. One lady who has lost 50 pounds told me that she didn't care that she is eating too much and gaining back.

tlh - you're moving in 2 weeks?!? You definitely need to get to some clearance racks in the midwest ASAP for some winter clothes and a coat! I think we still have plenty of winter left, and the stores are already full of spring clothes. Yay for your hubby coming in third!

BeachRunner - your VDay sounds great. Hubby and I usually try to avoid restaurants on that day and just hang out at home. I hope you enjoyed your day off!

dragonfly - good luck at the chiropractor! My chiro keeps me moving, along with physical therapy when I'm having flare-ups.

pinki - wow, the gym by 5am. That's awesome! I wish I could get up early and exercise in the morning, but I don't get to bed until around 1 so I sleep as late as possible. I'm a night person.

shiny - LOVE your band! I hope you do too. I have worn mine just about every day for the past 10 years on my right hand. It started out YG, but I replaced my original YG wedding set with a WG set, and I had my 5-stone band plated at the same time. Ouch for poor JT!

marcy - sounds like you had a great day off! I had to go to the eye dr today, and there was a lady who was looking for pink frames. It made me wonder if you had pink framed glasses! My sister always buys the low fat Betty Crocker brownies. I made full fat brownies when her girls stayed the weekend with me, and after taking one bite one of them said "these aren't low fat" and then she ate 3 brownies. I thought that was funny!

Good luck, lovelyhearts! It's tough to cram everything in during the week. I have made myself take time on Sundays to plan for at least 4 dinners for the upcoming week. I'm a night person, so I'm usually exercising at 11pm!

rod - woo-hoo for making an offer! I hope everything works out, but like you said - you have plenty of time and you can keep looking if necessary. Good luck!

I finally feel mostly human again today after that nasty sinus infection last week. My head still hurts and things smell funny, but I still have 5 days of antibiotic left. Hopefully I'll be completely back to normal by the time I'm finished with them. I ended up working today even though the office was closed for the holiday. Too bad I'm not eligible for overtime! I got so much done it was worth going in. It's snowing again tonight so we didn't get to take our walk. I really have to go check out that late night gym so I can get some activity in on these bad weather days! Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!! Today I had the day off, which I gladly took. I slept in till 8AM, walked the dog, then traded emails with my sister and James. Watched some Olympics, made golumpkis (Stuffed cabbage) and latkes for dinner. Sister & a friend of ours are doing a crockpot dinner exchange. My friend was saying she loves making crockpot meals, but she makes too much food and ends up eating it for 4 days straight. So we decided the three of us would make a crockpot dinner and split it between the three of us. Tada!!! Dinner for days for the week, and 1 night''s effort :)

I hit the gym today. A quick weights workout. Then James and I went to REI to gear him up for our ski trip.

Lorelei, very great point about those two choices. We''ve all been there before. But I feel that coming here and talking to all your HLTers, it makes it easier to make choice 1 over 2.

TLH, MOVING?!? YIKES! Crazy!!! Well, definitely get some warm clothes before you leave. Grab any WOOL sweaters you can find. And get any kind of shearling boots, and/or a GOOD winter coat. Depending on where in the Midwest you''re moving to , you have anywhere between 2.5-3.5 months of winter weather left.
7.gif
Wonderful V-day :) And congrats to your hubby for winning 3rd place!! You guys are CHAMPIONS!!!

BR, Awesome low key V-day :) James was hung over all V-day so I watched movies and went grocery shopping by myself. It was funny James said, while watching figure skating, "I must be feeling better because I''m not getting as nauseous watching them spin".

Dragon, Good luck @ the chiro tomorrow. Premade dinner sounds great and healthy too :)

Pinki, sounds like you guys had a great weekend. Good for you!!! Awesome with your goal for Friday. You can TOTALLY do it!! :)

SS, Awesome you had a great party with your nephew. Oh NO!!! Sorry JT hurt his tongue. LOVELY anni ring!!!

Marcy, I''m with you I can get used to not having to go to work I was telling James by dream job is a travel show host. Your dinner sounds tasty :)

lovely, We''re here for you hon, cheering you on. Post and let us know how your workout goes! Marcy''s got some great tips for measuring out. I think I''m going to steal it too :)

Rod, hope your condo dilemma gets sorted out. Hope you can work out tomorrow too. :)

See y''all tomorrow!

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deegee, Sorry to hear people in your WW group need motivated.I am a night person too.Even if I go to bed early I can’t sleep.I had to laugh that you thought of me with pink frames.I actually did look for them when I got glasses over a year ago but blue matches my eyes so that is what I have.Too cute your sister knew right away the brownies were not low fat.Brownies are almost more calories than is reasonable to even splurge on eating them.Glad to hear you got a lot of work done in spite of going in on your day off. I didn''t even check my email today but I am sure we’ll pay for it tomorrow.That is great to hear you are feeling better.

36.gif

Lisa, Happy Chinese New Year!Great idea to swap dinners from the crock pot.We don’t mind leftovers once but after that we get sick of the same thing.Yay for going to the gym.Your dream job sounds great.Mine would be working from home for an hour or two a day and getting paid for 40 hours a week.It’s a good thing to have dreams, huh?

Okay, I really am going to get ready for bed now.Really.I am.Oh wait – there is another email coming in.

11.gif

Sleep well.

24.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2010 8:32:52 PM
Author: LovelyHearts
Hi Lorelei!

I just had to comment, because I went through scenario #2 yesterday. I was at my mom's house for Chinese New Year, and she had cake for dessert. She put a normal size slice along with a smaller size slice on my plate for me to feed my 2 year old. My daughter didn't want the cake, and I ended up eating both pieces. I know it was too much cake but I have lost motivation in getting fit again. I've been thinking to myself that it's just too hard to find the time working full time, taking care of a 2 year old and a 10 month old, while cooking and keeping the house clean and now that I'm going back to school on Monday nights, it just seems impossible. At the same time, I feel yucky and overweight in my clothes. I still have 20 lbs left of baby weight I need to drop, but I just don't know when/how I'm going to be able to fit working out into my schedule. It's a horrible cycle that I know I need to break. Eating unhealthy because I feel depressed by the situaiton and feeling depressed because I can't find the time to be healthy. I'm going to set my alarm to 4:50am tomorrow so I can work out before I have to get myself ready for work and the kids ready for day care. I don't know if I can do it, but I will plan for it and will try my best to get up. Wish me luck!
Lovely, I just wanted to respond to you!

Don't put TOO much pressure on yourself, break this down into manageable bites so to speak! Start off with one thing at a time, what I would do is to start reducing your calories which will soon start the baby weight shifting, then workout as and when you can. But concentrate first on your food, what I would do is register with a site like www.sparkpeople.com and use their nutrition tracker, its great as you enter your usual foods , in time adding foods to your daily totals gets easier as you build up a list of favourites. It tells you what to aim for with calories, carbs, proteins etc and keeps track for you.

Also try to plan ahead, stock up with healthy foods and try to pack yourself a lunch and a few healthy snack foods to take to work so you won't be tempted with fast foods. Also make sure you drink enough water, usual guidelines are 8 cups per day.

You can do this, promise yourself now is the worst its going to be and that you are going to make a change. I think if you start with your calories and nutrition this will quickly make a big difference to how you feel and how your clothes fit which will give you the motivation to start working out.

Hope this helps, you can do this!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I wish I had time to respond to everyone individually... I''m so sorry -- just a quick
35.gif
to everyone!

Packing up everything - got a run in this morning. hubs bought 2 pairs of tights for cold weather running. I purchased another LONG SLEEVED tech tee to train in. I''m now usually ditching sleeves. UGH... Pinki, you are soo right, March and April are the BEST MONTHS
39.gif
- oh well. I can run in the cold. I just don''t like the ice, etc. *Suckin'' it up*. eats are okay. Packing away the kitchen makes healthy eatting, not impossible, just interesting. By next week, we''ll be eatting a lot of "from the container" type foods and dishes. Sandwiches, etc. Went on a run this am, hubs joined me, and tonight we''ll swim for an hour. There is a HH tomorrow after work with his new and old coworkers. They flew in for the annual dept meeting. It is a HH sort of in his honor - welcome and goodbye - so that will be interesting. Happy Tuesday!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei: did you read my mind? i hit a mental block just about every two weeks. i''ve seen progress, then start a small slide back. but i''m working on it. i''ve recognized in myself the changes i need to make, and i make them slowly. a total overhaul just is not for me!

Tlh: oh dear. that is a quick move- how exciting/scary/crazy/busy! i don''t know if you''ve ever lived in the midwest, but we''re pretty welcoming up here
35.gif
however, the weather sucks right. just plain sucks. i got stuck in the snow for 45 minutes today at the end of my driveway. and we''ve done all our shoveling, it was because we have no street plow! as much as i b*tch and complain about living up here in the **COLD**, i secretly love it. i hope for your sake that wherever you are moving to is able to clear the streets/sidewalk, because i know where i''m at, there would be no possible way to run when snow hits. and it lasts that way for weeks at a time. and way to go on hubby''s 3rd place! he''s winning medals, just like the olympics
36.gif

BR: i took yesterday off as well. it was nice to seriously just sit on my butt watching crappy TV. our valentines was nice and low key as well. we went to Friendley''s for lunch, and both got fat-free fro yo as our "happy ending" to the meal. i loved just being snowed in, cuddled on the couch!

DF: your lunch for the week sounds YUMMY. an option for sauces might be the asian sauces in the ethnic aisle at the supermarket- they can be high in sodium, but it balances out if you''re eating something healthy like that. i get the thai peanut...a little goes a loooong way. yum!

pinki: YES! the olympic commercials have been so great! i love all the "thanks, mom" commercials- they make me want to cry! i''m a bowler- in a league no less- and always with our organized sports comes beer. some weeks i drink a few, some weeks i don''t drink any. i try to include it in my calorie count earlier in the day, so i can keep it really light during the day and have a few...it improves my score...
2.gif
what''s a brown bag party? i''ve never heard of it! way to go on the gym- i could never get up that early. we are right around the same weight...so we can do this together!

SS: kids can do the craziest things, huh. i''m sure when you saw JT''s tongue, you had to just be like, "seriously?" bc i know that''s what i would do! and way to go, friend! stories like that make me smile!
21.gif
and your ring...gah! lovely!

marcy: mmmm...cheeseburgers. a big weakness for me. and thanks for the kind words on my other thread re: my grandfather. i appreciate it, sincerely.

Rod: i hope you make it to the gym tonight! good luck! and many wishes for them to accept your offer on the condo! sorry about charlie being a bugger. we aren''t the biggest fans of carpet either. i have lots of throw rugs...which is nice bc then i can change colors frequently.

deegee: i''m glad you''re starting to feel better. i hate having to work a whole lot of extra hours. my position is 24/7, and so even tho i''m not always "at work" i get random calls on weekends or evenings. i usually can count those hours, but sometimes i forget and it can be hard to calculate all of the time i spend "working" on the phone. and we have lots and lots of snow here in ohio- and i know its picking up down by you, too!

lliang: i need friends like that- i make all this food, and DH is so picky that i''m the only one who ends up eating it. i get so bored eating things over and over, yet he could eat the same thing for weeks at a time. i made a pot of his family''s cincinnati chili recipe the other day- it filled 4 containers that i then had to freeze. he''s happy as a clam, i on the other hand am thinking we will never get through all of it!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i just realized that i wrote to everyone, but didn''t say what''s going on in my life! (not that it is super exciting or anything) but anyways...
snow snow snow. i mean snow. we have so much of it right now, the local schools are on snow day #6 of the year. i dug myself out yesterday to go to the gym, but just did a quick swim since i had been shoveling snow and my back was sore. i worked on saturday (have to do it once every 6 weeks) and brought my dog with me. i love seeing the residents just LIGHT UP when they see a dog. he let everyone pet him, cuddled with a few people, and made my day go much faster.
i started a thread in the hangout, but we found out my grandfather has brain cancer. its the same type that ted kennedy had...and he was 10 years younger than my grandpa. my grandpa is a fighter, but i''m not sure what he has left or what he can do. still no new news, but i''m really going to be ok with whatever happens. it''s sad, but i mean, working in healthcare and dealing with death/illness daily, i know the reality (plus i''m very levelheaded) so i know there is no use getting really worked up about the inevitable. i feel like it sounds cold, but i like celebrating, not being hung up on what cannot be prevented.

i cannot wait for warmer weather. i feel trapped indoors, and i just want to grill out, grow my veggies in my garden, and open all the windows. AHHH!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all. Didn''t make the chiro last night, am going tonight at 6:15. I did a twisting sequence with yoga that was floor based last night and it felt so good. I''m hurting today which stinks. I''ve also been having issues with feeling very...butterfly filled after I eat.. which I am crediting to less activity. I''m trying to eat really clean, with no junk food, to help my body cope. The past few days I''ve just felt worse which sucks.

Pinki - I''ve been enjoying the Olympics too... they''re inspiring for me.

SS - the horse is actually a gelding I''ve had since weanling... I''m having to RE start him haha. We''re all walk right now which is good for me b/c my back... he''s catching on quick though so I better get fixed, or I''ll have to send him to a friend.

Marcy - let me know how those cheeseburgers turn out! sounds mmmmm

Rod - hope today is less stressful, with a less cranky Charlie

lliang - the crockpot exchange sounds like such a great idea!!!

charbie - thanks for the sauce tips!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Tuesday!

Marcy- I love your EC! Having Monday off was glorious!

Rod- Congrats on making an offer! That''s exciting!

deegee- Hope your not freezing! Spoke to my in-laws yesterday who are in Charleston and they said it''s been cooold. Yes, my hubs is a chef and usually works for V-Day, so it was nice to eat a meal with him. That''s why we stuck to lunch as well.

Lisa- Your eats sounds yum! REI is dangerous. Our store was having a winter clearance; oof! We walked away empty handed though! I wanted to try on the waist hydration pack to make sure it''s not too big/bulky for running. Of course, I found the one item REI was out of! Where are you guys headed for the ski trip?

Loralei- Thanks for posting sparkpeople.com. I signed up last night and am tracking my exercise and caloric intake!

tlh- Eek. Moving! Good luck with the move! Ice is tricky, but easy to avoid at times. I just go a little slower and lift my knees. Your swims sound great!

charbie- Your VD sounded great too! Those are the best kind of days!

I did 5 miles on Monday; I may do some cross-training tonight after work. I think we''ll eat our salmon, sweet potato, and some brocoli for eats. I''ve started using Sparkpeople to track my calories (I''ve never done this before!). I''ve noticed that I''m a little low on calories, but that was only for a day. So, we''ll track this week and see what I come up with.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

Hello ya''ll!!!!!

I have been enjoying the Olympics--I think I am one of them! Running today in the pool and gym I imagined myself on the podium.......
9.gif
Worked it hard. Did not feel hungry at all after but I knew I had to eat, felt myself chewing and swallowing...hate that feeling...ususally I am so hungry I inhale the food and can''t recall what I''ve eaten!

Sorry for you folks who are shovelling and shovelling--despite it being a good workout it is a drag....I know the feeling.......

Take care folks and keep in health!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.How sweet to work one day and only have 3 days left for the week.Work was kind of slow and boring today.We are in the wait for March schedule mode right now.

I took some leftover steak for lunch sliced really thin and put it in one of the 100 calorie wheat buns I picked up.I made tacos for supper tonight so we have taco salad for lunch tomorrow.

Lorelei, great points for Lovely on getting started.It’s something we can all revisit even if we’ve been doing this for awhile.

Tlh, glad you and your husband got a chance to run this morning.HH sounds like fun.

Charbie, it is hard to figure out how and why we try to sabotage ourselves but all we can do is keep working at it. When I was losing when I'd hit a big number - like getting below 300 pounds, or losing 50 pounds, etc I would go on an eating binge. I finally realized I was kind of freaking out at reaching a milestone. The snow is pretty all right but it would be impossible to run around here a lot in the winter too.You should try the cheeseburgers.I bought the 96% lean sirloin, thin sliced low fat swiss, the wheat bun and then we had lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup and pickles on them.You and your family are in my thoughts.

Dragonfly, sorry you are feeling bad; being in pain takes a major toll on both your body and soul.Get better.As I mentioned to Charbie; try one of my cheeseburgers.They really hit the spot.I love tasty but low fat / calorie meals that fit easily in to my calorie range.

Beach Runner, thanks for the compliment on my EC ring.It is a RHR but I wear it quite a bit.That is great you ran 5 miles.Have you adjusted to the high altitude by now?

Sharon, I hope you were receiving the gold medal on the podium.The Olympics have been great.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First to you Charbie.......I'm so sorry to see your granfather has brain cancer. Cancer is insidious. I'm glad he's a fighter and I truly hope they can find a cure for him. Hugs to you..............

Hey.......It was a typically long day at work, but I did shut down before 6 PM and went to the gym. I had really good workout. I hadn't been able to go the last two weeks on Tuesday and I had forgotten how incredibly busy it is on Tuesday nights. Still, I managed to get everything in, including a very strong ending on the elliptical. No news on the condo. It will likely be a couple days before the developer responds.

Thanks for the good wishes from you all. It's almost 11 PM, so I need to shut down and get ready for bed.

Sleep well everyone............Oh and to any of you (like Marcy) who had yesterday off, you must tell me what it's like to have a holiday between New Years and Memorial Day??!!
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you had a great workout tonight. This is the first time we''ve had President''s Day off so trust me I remember what it''s like to face that long stretch of no holidays for from January 1st to the end of May.
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Charbie, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

BR- re-learning to run in the ice/snow will be interesting. Thanks for the tips.

Sharon- I love the visualization!

Marcy- I''m jealous of a monday off!

Rod - I''m right there with ya! The new years to mem day stretch is a rough one!

Hi all, swim was good. Eats are okay. Lotsa frozen veggies and what not trying to clean out the cubbords and fridge/freezer before the move. Ran this morning, which was much needed! Ugh, started the taxes trying to get those taken care of before the move... we might owe this year, and let me tell you - I know it is never a good time to owe... but even worse when you have to drop thousands of dollars for a move. BLEH. Oh well, at least we''ll get to write the moving expense off next year.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I weighed in this morning at 177 so I''m 1 lb away from this week''s goal. Yay! I had Body Pump yesterday morning, so of course my hamstrings are killing me today, but I love that feeling! Tonight I have no plans after work so I''m trying to decide what to make for dinner. My Fiance is on nights right now so it''s a lot easier to eat better because I don''t have to cook for him. He hates fish so I take advantage to be able to cook myself a salmon or talapia filet. Maybe I''ll steal BeachRunner''s dinner and add a sweet potato and Broccoli.

Charbie: I''m sooo sorry to hear about your grandfather. Just awful. I hate to hear when someone''s family member or friend is sick like that. Last year I lost my grandmother to lung cancer and my friend to a brain tumor. I''m also watching a close friend fight for the last 5 years...started as lung, moved to bone. He''s had most of his lungs removed, and his left leg from the knee down...he''s 34. It''s just the worst. You feel so helpless and angry and its just not fair. I''ll pray for your family to help them stay strong and help your grandfather through this. As for the Brown Bag Parties - they''re naughty toy parties. I never would have thought I''d ever be "the toy lady" but I picked it up for extra cash to help with my wedding and it''s been so much fun. I would LOVE to be your weight-loss buddy! Let''s do this girlfriend! I''m targeting 150 eventually, but currently I take it week by week, 2 pounds at a time. Did your dog have to go through training/certification to go with you? I want to get my dog into that. He''s a huge English Mastiff who is very tender and sweet and I think that he''d bring a lot of smiles to people. I''ve always been curious as to how I get him involved.

Canuk-Gal - Awesome job on the hard Olympic Style workout! I need some inspiration like that!

Dragonfly - I hope your Chiro appointment helped! As for your butterflies, perhaps you''re not getting enough of a certain nutrient or sugar? I get that way if I don''t have enough sugar...I turn into an angry elf and feel dizzy. Maybe your doctor can do a series of blood tests to do an in depth analysis? I did this 2 years ago and it was a big help.

Lliang_Chi - Crockpot swap sounds like an amazing idea...I need to call my girlfriends and see if they''d do this...

Deegee - glad you''re getting over your sinus infection. As for the 5:00am gym, I''m with you and a complete night girl, but I kept making excuses for myself to not go to the gym after work: too tired, its so busy there, errands to run, stuff at home to do, etc. and plus I was missing out on things I wanted to do at night. My only solution was early morning work outs. The trick for me is sleeping in my work out clothes, hopping out of bed immediately when my alarm goes off and just getting in the car and going. I pack my clothes for work the night before so that''s all ready and then there are no excuses. I hate myself on the car ride there, but once I''m there and I see my "Gym Friends" I start to wake up and really enjoy it. Now I have to be in bed by 9:30pm which is OK, I''ll trade in my late night habits for not being pudgy anymore. LOL Since I''m down 12lbs since December I''m more motivated.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey HLTers!

Lorelei, you mean it''s okay to mess up sometimes? Imagine!
3.gif

Rod, I''m so glad your condo sold, hope the new place becomes a wonderful home for you.

SS, I admire your tenacity, still hanging out here doing good things for your pregnant body.

Charbie, so sorry about your grandfather.

Lliang, awesome crockpot exchange idea. Hope all is well with you and James.

Marcy, I gather something bad is going on with your job, but I haven''t taken the time to figure out what (lazy!). Hoping things work out.

I''m getting close to delivery and soon it will be time for me to rejoin my friends and get back into shape. I may be induced next week, at 37 weeks, hoping to hang on a bit longer but it may be inevetible. I''m up about 28 lbs., 32 lbs. if I count the weight I gained from miscarrying, so I have some work do to! I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so I''m eating better than I have in some time (read: no sugar). I really miss frozen yogurt.

We''re moving to the city (our city center, not Manhattan) the beginning of March and there is a bootcamp at the park nearby that I am dying to participate in, except I''m afraid I''m so far out of shape it will be a massive, embarrassing failure. J has eats lunch at a restaurant near our house and the bartenders'' boyfriend goes to said bootcamp. J mentioned it was something I wanted to do and he said he''d love to take me, which is awesome. The bartender, his boyfriend, is thrilled too; he said he and J would be hanging out on our new patio drinking a beer, watching the baby, while we go exercise. Nice.
9.gif

I miss you, and exercise, and can''t wait to get back to it!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Hump Day!

Sharon- I too, find that watching the Olympics gives you the extra push to work out a little harder! Great job!

Marcy- I was just thinking, "all right, it''s ALREADY Wednesday!" I have pretty much adjusted to the altitude. My lungs don''t hurt, and I can breathe! Yay!

Rod- Yay to your great workout! Feels great after a tough day, right?

tlh- Ugh, don''t remind me about taxes. I think running on ice/snow is actually a little more difficult. I try to avoid it; so I run on sidewalk to street to sidewalk; feel like frogger sometimes
2.gif

pinki-I too, love the feeling of being sore. Call me crazy, but you just know you got a great workout in! Congrats on meeting your goals! Thank goodness my hubs likes fish as well! It''s good for you.

Lets see, kind of a slow day at work. I''ll go home and get my run in; hopefully outside. I''m not sure what my eats will be for dinner, but I bought our leftover home made soup for lunch.

Have a good day!
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I''m not posting individually...

Thank you all for your ring comments!! I''m very happy with it!
Thanks for the good thoughts for JT. I was definitely thinking "you''ve got to be kidding me" when DH told me what happened. But, it''s healing well. Unfortunately, the same day my nephew ended up in the ER with a head injury. He''s all glued up now and he''ll be fine. It''s very scary for a 3 yr old though.
DH stayed home from work today due to his illness. He started his job in Oct and this is the first day he''s missed. He''s really down on himself for having to call in.

Sit ups on the ball are starting to get more difficult. I''m having to separate my legs further to give me adequate balance. And, for some reason, this change in position is giving my thighs a workout so YAY! I need to get heavier hand weights, too. I''m happy that my current weights just don''t seem to be adding to the workout anymore. I found a new upper body workout too. It''s only about 12 minutes so it''s easy to incorporate.

Cheesy pizza tonight for supper. There are so very few things that I want to eat and I''m burnt out on most of them. So, it was cheese pizza or ice cream....I went with the protein!

That''s all for now!

HEY, KIMI!! You''re getting so close to that baby being here! I''m having a hard time keeping up with this thread and the preggo thread, so in case I don''t post before an induction, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Have a great night, all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was chilly day in Tampa. Actually, it''s been cold for weeks now. It''s the longest cold spell we''ve had in years. I''m sure I''ll regret saying this by the time it get''s hot, but I''m ready for some heat........The work day was long. Then I had to run home and we had salads for dinner before the doctor who is buying our condo came down to see what furniture he would be interested in buying. There are a number of things we simply won''t be able to take to the new place as it''s significantly smaller. He''s interested in many items, but some things are not his style, so we''ll have to sell them ourselves or put them in a consignment store. The developer countered our offer. The price on the condo we want to buy has been reduced significantly to begin with. Then our offer asked for some significant upgrades (like we want wood floors throughout the entire home, with absolutely no carpet and we want the wall going downstairs torn out and custom iron railing installed, plus we asked for a storage unit at no additional charge) and we offered $15,000 less than the asking price. So, the developer calculated the upgrades we want and it came to over $36,000, so they countered at the units asking price, but they would do all the upgrades we asked for. We''re probably going to accept the counter and be done with this. The location is just so fantastic and the lifestyle for us would be great.

I''ll be on my own for the next 5 days. Charlie''s going to visit his family in NY. He wants to see some snow, so he should see plenty. I''ll most likey go to the gym after work tomorrow night.

Marcy, I''m still jealous that you had a three day weekend!

I''m glad your swim was good tlh. Yes, running in the snow can be challenging, so you''d better be careful when you move........

Yay for being 1 lb away from your weekly goald pinki. Cancer is insidous for sure.........sorry about how it''s been in your life.

How nice to hear from Kimberly!! I think of you often and i''m glad to hear your doing well and getting close to delivering. How cool that you''re moving closer to the city and I''m betting you''ll do great at BootCamp. It will be nice to have you back on a regular basis.......Please give my best to John!

BeachRunner, I''d love to have a slow day at work for a change! I hope you got your run in and it was good.........

SS, I cleary missed what happended to JT, but sure hope he''s healing well. I hope the hubs feels better soon.

OK.....Rod out.......Have a great Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results