shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 10th Nov till 16th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apple, hi there!

SomethingShiny, I have had you in my prayers. How is JT feeling; is he all better? Yay for the walks but I hope the plumbing gets fixed soon!!!

Smurfy, great job on the workout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcy, love the new Snoopy avatar!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I am glad you had a nice walk today.I am sure I’ll enjoy the movie.I hope your heartburn goes away soon. I just had to go see if I could find a Snoopy avatar. He always makes me smile.
Smurfysmiles, good for you getting in a workout tonight.
Appletini, I am glad you got out for some fresh air today.Good luck with your hectic week ahead.
Somethingshiny, I sure hope you get your plumbing fixed this week.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I love everyones holiday avatars! I''m going to have to get on that.

This weekend was pretty rotten for me food wise (well, actually, it was delicious, but not very healthy!) We went out for Moroccan food on Friday night and I ate way too much. It was so good! Today we went and tried the new Mexican place in our neighborhood. I ate half of a chicken burrito, so it wasn''t too bad, but probably could have been better. Oh well!

Still looking into which gym to join. We have an appointment with the really nice one at Kris'' workplace next weekend to tour it, so I''ll have a better idea after that. A friend also suggested a couple of others, so we''re going to look around.

I have dinner on the stove, so I''m going to go back to that, but I wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LadyPirate great to see you!! I bet you aren''t bad. Hope you find a gym you like.

Marcy, I love snoopy too, way too cute!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LadyPirate, good luck finding a gym you like.I am sure a few splurges the last few days didn’t set you back that much.

Skippy, Snoopy ROCKS!

9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey from very Chilly Tampa. It was a beautiful day, but a tad too chilly to have breakfast on the terrace. Which was good news for Sakai as she got to sit on our shoulders while we had our coffee, scone and fruit. As a matter of fact, Sakai is asleep on my shoulder as I'm typing this. Charlie went to work at 2 and won't be home till about midnight. They're doing some rearranging at the store tonight. We did manage to squeeze in a quick lunch at Panera and a cup of coffee under the oak before he went to work. I went to the gym around 2:15 and left at 5:30. Since I was on my own and not really on any schedule, I just kep working out until I couldn't work out anymore. I'm sore, but that's a good thing. Tomorrow's a day of rest from the gym, so I'll be ready for a nice long workout Tuesday night. I stopped by that new GreenWise grocery store on my way home and got some food at the hot bar. It was really good. It's only $6.99/lb., and they have all sorts of great things, like hit veggies, chicken dishes, chineses dishes, rice and noodle dishes, etc. I didn't go overboard, but managed to sample a few things. The store was absolutely jammed. It's really amazing to have such a cool store in our neighborhood. That was my day. I hope everyone had a great Sunday and are looking forward to a good week.

Marcy, I slept in this morning as well, but not as late as yesterday. I remember cooking outside with snow all around me, long ago. I so don't miss those days........LOL And you know the couple pounds you saw on the scale are likely water retention and just an anomoly.......

Zoe, when we were both laid off at the same time last year, the first thing that had to go was our trainer. I thought I wouldn't make any more progress without him, but much to my surprise, I've done incredibly well. I think the thing our trainer taught us was to not be afraid to try new things and to mix it up. I've made great strides all on my own and while I may hire a trainer again sometime, I'm not in any hurry to. Just remember the things your trainer taught you and don't give up. Keep your schedule up. When you would have had a training session, make sure you're at the gym working out hard. I think you'll find that your trainer gave you a great foundation, but now the inspiration will come from within you and you'll do well and even be prouder of yourself!

Skippy, I was doing unassisted dips and chinups today and I was sharing the bar with this body builder type man. His arms are bigger than my thighs......LOL All of the sudden he just started taling to me and it turns out he's a bariatric surgeon. They're the kind of surgeon who perform gastric bypasses and lat band surgeries and he was really fascinating to talk with. My reason for bringing this us up is he mentioned how much processed crap most people eat and most people can't get off processed stuff and sometimes when they get so obese, they wind up in his operating room. One comment he made was that people who change their diet and exercise and keep the weight off for at least 5 years, are only 3%. 3%??? Frightening odds at the least. That means that 97% of the people who try to eat better, exercise and lose weight fail. I'm so glad that you and so many of us here on PS have made life decisions to beat the odds and were going to be in the 3% group, not the 97% group! Good idea to have some soup or something before the cheese fest!!

I'm glad to tooth feels better DeeJay. I hope you're being careful on the hampster wheel though.........

Kimberly, what they show in TV, is so frightening. I have no clue how this year's fire compares to last years. It's just so sad to see people's homes in flames. Isn't it supposed to be wetter this time of year?

Yay for walks SS and Apple!! Good luck with the plumbing issues SS. And good for you getting on the elliptical Smurf!!

Hey there LP......I hope you have a good time looking at the gym.........

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, we don''t get a lot of rain in Southern CA. San Diego is actually in the middle of a drought and our water supply was cut drastically over the summer. It is terrible seeing homes burn. I didn''t mean to sound callus.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, sorry to hear the temperature was chilly in Sunny Florida.It sounds like you had quite the workout today.The discussion you with had with the surgeon is amazing and scary that only 3% succeed.I sure plan on beating the odds.Thanks for the reassuring thought my couple of pounds is likely water weight.I actually rarely weigh on the weekends because I don’t drink as much water and tend to eat different but I looked this morning and went in to instant 1200 calorie today mode.I was looking over Marty’s shoulder when he was cooking figuring out the calories in each meatball for the tortellini soup.I don’t think I’d miss snow either except maybe at Christmas.
Kimi, it is terrible to see homes burn.I remember you had to evacuate last year.I hope you’ll have a wetter year this year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results