shape
carat
color
clarity

He Put a Ring on It!

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
Well I couldn't find the perfect engagement semi mount for my AVR so....
my darling dear picked up an inexpensive one and had my diamond set because I guess he got impatient and ...
he took me to the original dive pizza place where we initially met 6 years ago and asked me to marry him and...
although we had picked out the diamond together I had not seen the diamond in this setting and I had no idea exactly when he was going to pop the question so...
here are some picks of my AVR settled nicely in its current mount which actually turned out very nice and all I can do is stare at it constantly and its a hazard while I'm driving, and I just have to keep pinching myself as I am so very, very excited.

New Law: No staring at the bling while driving.

diamond_pics_095.jpg

diamond_pics_073.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG, that is MAGNIFICENT! Tell me you have more pictures! Possibly involving the two of you ...? 'Cause such a smart FI should be immortalized - good pick, and good plan on his part!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, it looks perfect in that setting. Congratulations!

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
And another view...

diamond_pics_057.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
WOW.....your ring is PERFECT!!!!!!!!! The mount is beautiful and your diamond is stunning. Congratulations!

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
And some AVR Fire

diamond_pics_085.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! It's gorgeous!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! It looks perfect in that setting!! And so bright and sparkly on your hand!!! I like your new law- no looking at bling while driving!! :D

Wonderful :love:

DevinG

Rough_Rock
BIG congrats on the engagement! The setting is very pretty and looks perfect with the diamond :appl:

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much to you all for the compliments This would not have happened without my PS-friends help.

For anyone interested: Jon marked down the 1.08 J SI1(with Fluor and completely eye clean) by $1,000!! I noticed it today. It had more sparkle and was more colorless in body color than the AVR I ended up getting. I'm guessing that J looked more like an H.

I'm working on more pictures. I have to take 50 to get 5 to turn out. I'm also in the process of getting an engagement ring with diamonds for my Darling Dear. Who says the guy can't get engaged as well? My mom thinks I should take him to the same pizza dive and give it to him!

I can't remember the last time I was so excited! This is the only place I feel like I can show off without people thinking I'm a nut. LOL!

Some Kozibe at 6:00 and 5:00. Sometimes I can get 5 of them at the same time if I tilt the ring a bit but I'll have to get better at taking pics first.

kozibe1.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!! I love the setting your FI picked, perfect choice for your stone :love: :love: :love:
Congratulations!!!

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! It looks so lovely on your hand. Who makes the setting?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, congratulations!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
YAY for pizza and engagment!!!! I actually relaly love the setting! It sings to me!

congrats on your engagment!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect setting for that gorgeous AVR! Congratulations!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And I think it looks perfectly at home in that setting - well done to your man! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting with your AVR! I, too am interested in who made your setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you kidding me??? That setting is totally perfect, certainly not a temp setting!!! I love it with the AVR!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Is it a vintage or new setting? I'd also like to know the brand if it is new!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous ring!! The setting is beautiful and certainly doesn't look like a temp setting - I too would like to know a little more about it. If new, it would be nice for PS'ers to have another option for antique/vintage settings. Congrats!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats - and that setting is far from "temp" - it's gorgeous!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
A beauty!! Congratulations! Looks so lovely on your hand.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's just perfect! Congrats!! :appl:

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
Aww you guys are too kind! Thank you. It feels good to show it off. My friends don't know what an OEC so they can't really appreciate all of this.

DD took a heck of a chance (he ain't scared cause this same guy bid and won my Equinox off eBay 2 years ago saving me thousands). I didn't know if I should strangle him or kiss him. We had to drive 5 hours to get it! LOL

It's a reproduction and is made by Jewelry Castle. He bought it on eBay auction for much less than listed. It actually cost him more to have the diamond set! He told Jewelry Castle size 7 for a 7 mm diamond and it arrived in perfect condition.

It is very light and delicate. It is hollowed out on the inside top half and when you take it on and off you can definitely feel that its not a comfort fit. It will not last forever however... I think it's beautiful and for no more than it cost...well it was a steal. I can take a break from searching for the perfect setting now and enjoy my engagement ring and this is SO much better than the plain pawn shop 6 prong I was thinking. (I know... like a little chicky I am cheap) Maybe I will have one made similar and incorporate some of the design elements like the basket the diamond sits/hovers in because everyone who has seen this setting has loved it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7MM-PAVE-SHAPED-PAVE-DIAMOND-RING-14K-WHITE-GOLD-SEMI-MOUNT-RING-SETTING-/310606759687?pt=US_Engagement_Ring_Settings&hash=item48519b0707

diamond_pics_4.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's a very pretty ring and setting!
Congratulations! thanks for sharing your photos! :)

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
Many thanks to Good Old Gold for the diamond. It's beyond my wildest dreams! GOG was easy to work with and provided great customer service. Link to diamond for those interested. http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9482/

I am looking at getting a two-tone engagement ring for my DD. Should I get the ring in 10K white gold or 14K white gold. He has no preference.

And some more pictures ...

diamond_pics_104.jpg

diamond_pics_111.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I love your setting, and the diamond is to die for!

Are you happy with the quality of the setting? Are the diamonds clear and sparkly? I'm just shocked at some of the prices they have! Seems almost too good to be true, kwim? From the pictures it certainly looks lovely!!

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
Kathley: Your OEC is breath taking!

Junebug: Love your avatar for obvious reasons. What is the story with your ring. I'd love to see pics or a link...

Circe: "Immortalized" that was just too funny BTW: my DD is definitely a keeper!

DS: I can't wait to see what setting you have in store for your new AVR!!

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
manderz: Thank you!

The diamonds are single cut. You can pay more to get full cut but my DD did not. The single cuts are so small they are difficult to see - especially with my 46 year old eyes! Under a 16X mag they look fine. They sparkle in the sunlight. The milgrain is not perfect (a bit wavy) but nice. The filigree basket is wonderful. The prongs seem fine and smooth and DD said the jeweler had no problem setting the diamond. I have received a LOT of compliments on the setting IRL. My friends think its very nice and that it's rude of me to plan on replacing it later. The underneath of the top 1/2 of the ring is hollowed out -I suppose to save money on gold but seems sturdy enough. I see no problems with the 14K gold and rhodium plating. It looks like decent quality, not bubblegum-ish at all which my DD admitted to being afraid of because of the price. The vendor has very good reviews and a return policy. My DD has better eyes than mine and he said it was nicer than he expected and as soon as he saw it he knew that I would really like it and he was right! It's perfect for now and I love it!

I doubt it will stand the test of time for everyday wear for many years as it is very delicate and thin but for a few years or for a right hand ring I think it's perfect.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for such a through rundown! I think the setting is a beautiful match for your diamond, and I hope I didn't offend with my question. Thanks for posting the link to the seller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results