shape
carat
color
clarity

He Asked Me :) He Asked Me! Yay!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock

It is with great jubliee that I ask that my name be scratched off the list

36.gif

Dan came over on Friday night (he lives 2.5 hours away) for the weekend. Saturday morning we woke up and were laying in bed talking and we both realized that it was the anniversary of the day that we met face to face. I was thinking that it would be cool of him to propose then, but didn''t say anything to him about it.

A little while later he asked if I wanted to go to lunch..it was 10:30 in the morning but I thought maybe by the time we get ready it would be lunch time. I got ready and he told me that his back was hurting (he had recently ruptured a disc) and that he needed to lay down and asked if I would mind picking up some lunch for the two of us and bringing it home. Although I was a little dissapointed that we couldn''t go out to lunch on our "other" anniversary, I went and got lunch and brought it home.

When I came home with lunch and he was calling my name from my bedroom. He asked me to come in and help him because his back had locked up and he couldn''t move. I thought that he''d probably been laying there for about 45 minutes and so I threw the food on the floor and ran in to help him. When I got in my bedroom he was laying on all fours asking for help
6.gif

I wasn''t sure how to lift him without hurting his back even more so I asked what I could do. He told me to grab his hand and pull him up...I did. When I grabbed his hand, he lifted his head and had THE cheesiest grin I have ever seen. He stood up and then took my other hand and recited some things that he had written about me, us, our relationship, etc. We both started to cry. He told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and that if I would marry him, he''d be the happiest guy in the world. He got back down on one knee and asked me and I of course said yes. He slid the ring on my finger and we kissed and hugged
30.gif

He had lit candles in the other room with champagne and strawberries and we went out and ate and drank and I called my parents and Dan called his sister. He took me to see Cirque de Soliel and then we went and had dinner in Little Italy to celebrate :) It was wonderful!

It feels so good to be engaged but I have to get used to calling him my fiancee since I have called him my boyfriend for so long.

As for the ring...wow! I looove it!!!! I can hardly believe this ring belongs to me :) HA. He did an amazing job and I am sooo in love with it..and him! I will post some pics of it tonight when I get some better ones. It is a beauty in my opinion!

Thanks to all of you for reading :)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I think it''s wonderful that he asked you early in the day so that you could do different things together all day and night long.

Sounds perfect!!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a cute proposal, he sure did trick you! I can''t wait to see pictures of your ring!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Can''t wait to see the pictures!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yippee!!! I am uber happy for you! I cannot wait to see those pictures. I am glad he wasnt hurt and I think his proposal was cute. Congrats!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! HOw manipulative and creative at the same time!!! Glad to hear he wasn''t really hurt though!! Congratulations to the both of you!!! Can''t wait to see the pictures!!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys :) I am so excited.

Can anyone tell me how to post multiple pics of the ring on the same post? I saw JCJD do it when she posted her dress. I tried the collage but it wouldn''t work and I don''t have them online. Is there an easy way to do it?

If not, I will just post several pics of the ring tonight :) Can''t wait to show everyone.

Thanks for the congrats!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! How exciting, and yes - manipulative and creative at the same time!! (and I mean manipulative in a good way! LOL).

If you''re talking about the Brides introduce yourself thread, the only way I was able to post multiple pics in the same post is because they are on the web already (use the little button that looks like a mountain and paste in the image address). In my Stay Away dress thread, the pictures were attached to each post individually (can''t attach more than 1 file to a post). Make sure your picture files are of an accepted file type (like .jpg), are small enough (I resize photos in Windows Paint - Under the Image tab - Stretch), and make sure they have a unique file name. I usually name mine something long and descriptive like JCJDsPearERing0123.jpg. I hope that helps!!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks JCJD :)

I will go ahead and post them individually tonight for everyone to see.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!!!! Congrats and enjoy--what a sneaky and fun proposal
9.gif
Cant'' wait to see the ring!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful disaster! Congrats on your wonderful proposal. It sounds so sweet. I can''t wait to see pictures of your ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, I love your proposal story!!! And of course I can''t wait to see your ring!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

ooohhhhhhhhh - hoorah ! hooorah !! another graduate ........ it''s just BRILLIANT ! I LOVE hearing the stories !!! this one was so cheeky and yet so great - I love hearing the things guys come up with because we all know that (unlike ourselves) they are generally not endowed with great ideas when it comes to how to propose ! I love the things they come up with - makes it so personal and everything.

I LOVE Cirque - where are you and which show did you see ??

CONGRATULATIONS again to you and your FIANCE .......

delighted for you, long may the happybuzz last !
36.gif

Croí

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
what a cool proposal!
9.gif

Congrats!
36.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Congrats BeautifulDisaster! What a sneaky man!!! Glad to hear your wait here was a short one. Will look forward to the ring pics. :)

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Alright ladies..

Here are the pics...sorry they aren''t the best...seems like everything is blurry no matter what :)

Ring specs..

center stone-1.54 priincess cut GIA certified H VS1 (thats all i know thus far)
e-ring 45 pave round brilliant G S1I diamonds 1.02 tcw
matching band 40 pave round brilliant G S1I diamonds .62 tcw

tcw for ering 2.56
w/ band 3.18

:) He did an amazing job! :)

laurieringsixfinal.JPG

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Another...

laurieringsevenfinal.JPG

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
again..

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
duh sorry..

laurieringeightfinal.JPG

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
me again :)

lauriesringthreefinal.JPG

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
ok hope you arent sick of me yet :)

laurieringonefinal.JPG

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
hi Croi :)

thanks for your congrats!

I too loooooooooove Cirque! I saw "O''" in Las Vegas last year.

We saw Varekai in its first week in Baltimore and it was amazing. We sat in the second row and we were so close that I saw every detail. It was an amazing show and it was even more special in light of the circumstances. :)

Have you seen it live?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
6.gif
6.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WOW!! That thing just blinded me! It''s gorgeous!!!! Hooray!!!
9.gif
9.gif
Wowee. Have you been able to take your eyes off your hand?!

One question....the specs mention a matching band in addition to the e-ring.....are you wearing both in the pics, or is that the w-ring to come? Couldnt'' tell b/c it''s sort of a split/shank double-band look? It is STUNNING! SUch gorgeous detail!!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses

Thanks so much for the compliments :) The wedding band is separate. I will post pics of that later. It is a matching pave band.
No, I havent been able to take my eyes off of it. I couldn''t capture the sparkle with the camera. I find myself staring at my hand, hardly believing that this is MY ring :)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Cool!!! It will look gorgeous alone and even more blinged out once you''re married
10.gif
10.gif

Wow--all that pave and intricate detail = heaven!!

Did you have any idea what the ring would be like--I am blanking on whether you guys shopped together, etc. It is SO pretty!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Blueroses :) You are too sweet.

Major blinage :) I looove it.

We had shopped together and then he turned the project over to me and then he went out on his own and got me the ring of my dreams :) It''s like he knew exactly what I wanted and bam! :)

I am truly on cloud nine every time I look at it...like I said if I could photograph the sparkle, I would! :)

Thanks again for all of the compliments!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
wow, he did do good, huh?!!
1.gif
it''s gorgeous, congrats to you both
36.gif

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
I added it to the Halo section per your request :) hee!

Thanks for your compliments KB :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results