shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boots7

Rough_Rock
I am looking at an AGS000 cut and plugged the numbers into the HCA and it gave me a 2.0. But the plot was outside the AGS Ideal range. How can that be since the certificate has the stone as an AGS Ideal?

I was hoping for a 1. something but think I 2 right on is still great.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I believe that the diagram which accompanies the HCA output page is a static image based on the AGS parameters, however the actual AGS parameters change by table size and there are many variations of ideal based on the table size... So the grid might not line up exactly with the output.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 2:32:14 PM
Author:boots7
I am looking at an AGS000 cut and plugged the numbers into the HCA and it gave me a 2.0. But the plot was outside the AGS Ideal range. How can that be since the certificate has the stone as an AGS Ideal?

I was hoping for a 1. something but think I 2 right on is still great.
To add to Todd''s advice, a diamond which scores 2 can still be a great proposition, if you have images and all the proportions go ahead and post them if you wish then we can take a look for you. Basically scores of below 2 are considered a pass pending further evaluation, this is done with images such as Idealscope and ASET as the next stage.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Todd, actually the HCA AGS parameter changes with table size.

Boots7, nothing wrong with the plot falling outside the HCA AGS parameter. That is based on cutter's parameter, the overall AGS grade is given with a simulation of the actual stone's dimensions and if the different proportion works well together, it will get an AGS0 in cut performance.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/13/2009 2:40:35 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Todd, actually the HCA AGS parameter changes with table size.

Good to know! Thanks for the clarification...

Boots, I forgot to mention that you should also obtain a proportions analysis of the diamond (Sarin, Helium, OGI) to determine the spread of the high and low measurements which comprise the crown and pavilion sections which are stated on the lab report as averages. This has been discussed in many threads so I won''t expand on it here...

boots7

Rough_Rock
I will start a new thread with pics. Give me a few minutes and would love anyone''s input!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results