shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
I know that the HCA is not a means to make a selection from - but more a tool to rule out candidates - my question - has anyone seen a stone that scored very well in the HCA (was not dug or painted) - and did not end up being a high performer?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a filter but not enough info to make a final decision and it needs to be applied carefully keeping the usage warnings in mind.
byond the HCA an IS or ASET image is required and a heart image is a very good idea.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/14/2007 10:11:20 PM
Author:dfb
I know that the HCA is not a means to make a selection from - but more a tool to rule out candidates - my question - has anyone seen a stone that scored very well in the HCA (was not dug or painted) - and did not end up being a high performer?
Of course a diamond can have lousy symmetry and the average data can be disasterous - like the diamond Guy Fred Cuellar offered someone once - it had tolokowsky proportions - but the girdle was like a roller coaster and the angles varied by 2 or 3 degrees.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
dfb seemed to have a simple enough question, and theoreticals were provided. Maybe actuals obviously go along with the theoreticals, but, despite the fact that...

Date: 4/15/2007 3:37:09 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 4/14/2007 10:11:20 PM
Author:dfb
Of course a diamond can have lousy symmetry and the average data can be disasterous
it would be nice to know, in what numbers bum options appear (if any), of course, per the posters question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results