shape
carat
color
clarity

Having a hard time finding a wband...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

inloveinpa

Rough_Rock
Hi All! This is my first post on BWW as I have been so busy with wedding planning, grad school, and working full-time...I have been engaged since 6.14.09 and I am getting married 11.6.10! I am so excited! My fiance and I have pretty much everything done for the wedding...the big stuff like venue, photographer, pastor, florist, etc. One big thing that we are having a hard time with is finding wedding bands..both for him and myself. I really love the Honey channel band from WF but I am worried about the gaps in between my erring and the band, as I have a custom WF basket setting. Here are pics of my ring from my SMTR thread and I am not sure if you can tell, but the basket (which I totally am in
30.gif
with) curves out from the band, which makes it difficult for wbands to sit flush with it. I don''t want a curved wband, as I am a social worker and in some situations, I don''t wear my ering, so I want to get a band that I can wear alone. I found a Kwiat wband (I love Kwiat..they inspired my ering) and WF said that they could make it for me...I just wanted to get your opinions! I really love it, I just don''t want it to overshadow my ering...I posted the Kwiat ring below...what do you think?! If anyone has any other suggestions, please post them, I am really into unique designs!

As for my fiance..he really loves meteorite rings but we can''t find anywhere to actually see them in PA or NJ...He is a big car/motorcycle guy and loves carbon fiber, so we are also looking at titanium or tungsten with carbon fiber inlay...it''s hard though because most of the B&M places all have the same rings and he wants a unique ring too! Any ideas for him???

Thank you all so much for listening!!

inloveinpa

Rough_Rock
Here is the Kwiat ring I love!

Kwiat ring.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Wow your ering is gorgeous! I also really love the wedding band you posted and I think it will great on it''s own as well as with your ering.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring!!!

I''m sure Whiteflash would custom make your band, close to the one you love. Or you could try Brian gavin, too!

sparklz

Rough_Rock
I love the Kwiat band! I picked something similar by Simon G and I don’t think it overpowers my solitaire at all. I love that I can wear it as a sparkly band without my ering too. I attached a picture (the only one I have at work). I can take some finger shots when I get home if you would like to see what they look like together on a finger?

tcweddingring_112109.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, I really like the band you posted! And it gets rid of the sitting flush problem by having pretty curves. It would look great on its own too.

DH has a tungsten ring and we both looove it! We found some jewelry stores that carried them, but ended up getting his online where they were able to engrave our wedding date on the inside. He has fairly traditional tastes, so we looked at a bunch of traditional wedding bands (in other metals) in B&M stores so he could pick the style, then we ordered that style online in tungsten. We also liked that the place we ordered from allowed you to pick any mm width - most men's bands seem to be 6mm or 8mm, but he has very thin fingers and 5mm looked the best, so that's what we ordered. I would suggest seeing what you can at a B&M, but just ordering his online. You can usually return them (as long as it's not engraved) so it shouldn't be a problem.

inloveinpa

Rough_Rock
I love your band sparklz! I would love to see some hand shots of the rings together!!!

sparklz

Rough_Rock
Hi Inloveinpa,
My vote is to have Whiteflash make a band like the Kwiat band to fit perfectly with your ering. I think it will definitely complement the ering, not overpower it. Attached is a picture of my ering with my crisscross band. I am also posting a picture of the band alone and the band with a plain platinum band. For some reason I like the feel of two rings instead of just one, so I hardly ever wear my crisscross band alone, I usually pair it with a plain plat band when I don’t want the bling of the ering. Whatever you choose I am sure it will be great. Your ering is beautiful!

tcengagementring2.JPG

sparklz

Rough_Rock
crisscross band alone

tcweddingring122210.JPG

sparklz

Rough_Rock
crisscross band with plain platinum band

tcweddingbandwithplat1.JPG

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
inloveinpa, I think sparklz''s right with your band option. Your ring will look great with that kwiat band and you''ll be able to wear it by itself.

sparklz, I love your set! It''s gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results