shape
carat
color
clarity

Have your gray hairs ever change back to ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its natural color? is it possible?

Sometime it seems that some of my gray hairs changes back to its natural color black. I thought once your hair turns gray it'll never change back to its natural color... :confused: maybe just my imagination .. :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, Loreal Med Golden Brown turns it right back to its original color :cheeky: !

Otherwise no :(( .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Octavias make you younger.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF,
I experienced this a few years ago; just a few grays changed back to their natural colour but unfortunately, as time went on, I think it couldn't keep up and now I have more grays than my natural colour anyway. Can't turn back the clock no matter what. However, if Kenny would loan me his Octavia for experimental purposes, I would be more than happy to oblige. :tongue:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Sometimes I pull out a gray only to discover that half of it, including the root, is brunette. Gah! :angryfire:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1402598751|3691764 said:
Can't turn back the clock no matter what. However, if Kenny would loan me his Octavia for experimental purposes, I would be more than happy to oblige. :tongue:

You'll have to wait about 50 years, when I've regressed to being a baby.
Two lifetimes is enough. :D

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
monarch64|1402599057|3691771 said:
Yes. Sometimes I pull out a gray only to discover that half of it, including the root, is brunette. Gah! :angryfire:
According to internet it means that the follicle that the hair is growing out loosing its ability to make color. I have a lot of hair that are white-brown-white-brown because of this. So same problem here too... and I'm 25 now! Damn genes! :angryfire:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kalomeli|1402602184|3691811 said:
According to internet it means that the follicle that the hair is growing out loosing its ability to make color. I have a lot of hair that are white-brown-white-brown because of this. So same problem here too... and I'm 25 now! Damn genes! :angryfire:

That makes sense; so the melanin output is spotty because it is running out of natural dye.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the entire length of a single hair turn gray all at once?

Or does the follicle just start producing gray one day ... so if the hair grows an inch per month, after 2 months only the two inches near the root will be gray and the rest of the length will still be the original color?

I think the entire length of each hair turns completely gray magically all at once.
Anyone know for sure?

And if the entire length turns gray all at once how does this happen?
There is no blood or nerves running through each hair.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1402603209|3691830 said:

Or does the follicle just start producing gray one day ... so if the hair grows an inch per month, after 2 months only the two inches near the root will be gray and the rest of the length will still be the original color?

I think the entire length of each hair turns completely gray magically all at once.
Anyone know for sure?

This, from personal observation, because hair grows from the root/follicle.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny - Hair is 'dead', there's no live cells in it. So, hair slowly grows in grey/white because there is no pigment. Potentially all pigmented hair that's left could fall out, leaving a person with just the grey/white hairs.

I knew a teenage girl who was in a car accident, hit the back of her head and her hair at the impact point started growing in white. The patch was maybe an inch square. After a couple of years, her white hair was replaced with her natural red colour as her scalp recovered from the trauma.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, no.

However, I have seen the odd fallen out grey hairs with some colour in the middle before returning to grey again.

DK :))

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I might be imagining things but I think I've seen some of my hairs reverted back to my former color. Basically my hair color is a mix of grey, platinum blonde, yellow blonde with a few stray red and light brown hairs. I started taking an iron supplement a few months ago daily that contains 100% MDR, and I think a few more red and yellow blonde hairs have appeared.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

I have a couple of these.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
maccers said:
I knew a teenage girl who was in a car accident, hit the back of her head and her hair at the impact point started growing in white. The patch was maybe an inch square. After a couple of years, her white hair was replaced with her natural red colour as her scalp recovered from the trauma.

That's really interesting, Maccers. Cool story.

When my mother had chemo, her hair was pretty much white. It fell out & grew back in with more black -- so it was kind of salt & pepper. The dr. told her beforehand that might happen. I wonder what it was about the chemo that stimulated the melanin cells?

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, they can change back.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
YES! I thought at first I was imagining it but my daughter tells me I'm not. I have this patch in the front of my head of mostly white. My hair is still very dark with scatterings of white but I have a white patch by my face. Recently I've been noticing that the area is not as white. I don't know how its possible but its just that one spot by my face. In my recent drivers license pic you can't see any whites. Of course I look like a convicted felon in that pic but no whites show in the picture. And I don't dye my hair so that's not it :)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1402603209|3691830 said:

Anyone know for sure?

The root stops producing color so I have some hairs that are white at the root but darker at the length. My hair is a few inches past my shoulders so I can see when it turned white since its on my head a long time.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have seen highly stressed people with gray white hair. Their hair revert back to original color when they were less stressed. But these people are around 30 - 40. I'm not sure about hair graying due to age.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
In his 60's my grandfather had purely silver hair. Now in his mid 70's he's salt-and-pepper! Very strange to see him have color up there! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results