shape
carat
color
clarity

Have these jeans been around the block too many times?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those who wear designer jeans, do you feel that these particular Seven''s have been seen around too much and do you feel that they''re no longer "in style," compared to other pairs?

Mine seem to be wearing out. . .do I get another pair or not? I see now nord. has them in a petite 30" inseam (maybe too short for me. . .but intriguing!)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2932734?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=guidednav&keyword=sevens+jeans+in+All+Categories+%3e+Women%27s+Apparel&origin=searchresults

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your link doesn''t work for me. Without seeing the ones you''re referring to, my feeling is that most sevens (at least the ones I''ve looked at) I think of as every-day jeans, not fashiony jeans.

They also have changed their cuts in the past five years or so, because the pairs I bought back then fit like a GLOVE, yet I left a seven sample sale a couple of weeks ago empty handed because the 10+/- styles I tried on fit abysmally.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
The link doesn''t work for me either.

My favorite 7''s are the classic bootcut ones... I have one pair that I bought literally 6 years ago. Last year, they got a tear in the crotch but I had them patched up. I bought another of the exact same pair recently.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, oh well. . . the link worked when I first put it up. . .Don''t have time now to fix it.

My jeans are every-day jeans as I don''t go anywhere dressy (I have no life). Basically, I''m saying are they still okay for "a mom" who does school stuff and/or grocery shopping? I won''t look totally dated will I? lol

How lucky of you to have the chance to hit a sample sale. Maybe those were the "irregular" ones?

E B

Ideal_Rock
musey, they're the basic sig. bootcut. I have a similar pair, but in a-pockets. I love mine.

MC, how tall are you? I'm ~5'5' and the petite inseam is PERFECT on me.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely wouldn''t pay full price for them at nordstrom or any other dept. store. Ruelala is having their final sale on Nov. 17th and 18th. 7FAM usually makes an appearance during those sales and you can usually find a pair for under $100. Just act quickly and be at the sale right when it starts so that you can be sure to get your size.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 7:12:55 PM
Author: Gleam

My favorite 7''s are the classic bootcut ones... I have one pair that I bought literally 6 years ago. Last year, they got a tear in the crotch but I had them patched up. I bought another of the exact same pair recently.
I have around four pairs and one of them is the classic bootcut ones. I''m pretty sure that is the style from the nord. page where the link is broken. The fabric is thinning in the rear, so I''m carefully picking the times I wear them. Like at home just in case!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 7:14:52 PM
Author: House Cat
I definitely wouldn''t pay full price for them at nordstrom or any other dept. store.

Oh, definitely. I''ve never paid more than $100 for my 7FAM. Keep an eye out for online sales.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 7:14:32 PM
Author: EBree
musey, they''re the basic sig. bootcut. I have a similar pair, but in a-pockets. I love mine.

MC, how tall are you? I''m ~5''5'' and the petite inseam is PERFECT on me.
I''m 5'' 4" Joe''s has petite jeans and they fit good for when I wear flats. It''s nice to have a few different lengths to go with different shoes.
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I only wear flats these days, anyway, so the "flip flop" petites are great. No hemming required. Be sure to check the inseam on each pair, though- I bought flip flops in the Nakita wash and the actual inseam was 29''', not the 31''' the website had advertised. They still work on me, but barely. Definitely can't wear heals with those, but they're a much more casual wash anyway.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely wouldn''t pay full price for them at nordstrom or any other dept. store. Ruelala is having their final sale on Nov. 17th and 18th. 7FAM usually makes an appearance during those sales and you can usually find a pair for under $100. Just act quickly and be at the sale right when it starts so that you can be sure to get your size.
Okay, thanks for the tip! Usually I get a pair at the half yearly and anniversary sales at Nordstrom and also have had luck with finding Joe''s at the Rack. I am guilty of paying full-price a few times.

There weren''t any cute ones at this Nord sale, which was a bummer.
7.gif
Life without new jeans. . .sucks.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 7:17:08 PM
Author: MC

I have around four pairs and one of them is the classic bootcut ones. I''m pretty sure that is the style from the nord. page where the link is broken. The fabric is thinning in the rear, so I''m carefully picking the times I wear them. Like at home just in case!
Do you have denim repair shops where you live? I have one close by called the Denim Doctor. They reinforced the butt of one of my Tavernitis recently, and they look like new, and it cost about $30.

Of course nothing wrong with getting new jeans, but for favorite favorite pairs that are hard to replace, I love having that as an option.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 7:20:44 PM
Author: EBree
I only wear flats these days, anyway, so the ''flip flop'' petites are great. No hemming required. Be sure to check the inseam on each pair, though- I bought flip flops in the Nakita wash and the actual inseam was 29'', not the 31'' the website had advertised. They still work on me, but barely. Definitely can''t wear heals with those, but they''re a much more casual wash anyway.
The last time I bought petite Joes, I took three pairs in to try on and each were a slightly different length even though they were the exact same style.

I''m not into heels too often, but wear shoes with a bit of height. The other day, my son begged me to volunteer at recess (when I had just planned to quickly do something at the school) and I had on a pair of teetering wedgy like things and I TRIPPED (like the idiot clutz I am) and twisted my ankle. Ugh. My ankle hurt for hours. Luckily I didn''t sprain it. So. . .those shoes are officially retired.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 7:21:31 PM
Author: musey

Date: 11/13/2009 7:17:08 PM

Do you have denim repair shops where you live? I have one close by called the Denim Doctor. They reinforced the butt of one of my Tavernitis recently, and they look like new, and it cost about $30.

Of course nothing wrong with getting new jeans, but for favorite favorite pairs that are hard to replace, I love having that as an option.
Oh, nice. . .I haven''t heard of this type of service but bet there is one around somewhere since I''m in the Seattle area. Thanks A LOT for the tip!!!
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
MC, you're petite, right? You might want to check out a few washes in the Lexie fit. The cut is for petite women, so it's a bit smaller all over (as well as shorter in the leg).

(OMG, did I spell heels heals? Oops.
3.gif
)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 7:21:04 PM

Okay, thanks for the tip! Usually I get a pair at the half yearly and anniversary sales at Nordstrom and also have had luck with finding Joe''s at the Rack. I am guilty of paying full-price a few times.

There weren''t any cute ones at this Nord sale, which was a bummer.
7.gif
Life without new jeans. . .sucks.
I agree! I just tore out the knee in my fav. pair.

I''m hoping Ruelala will have something interesting in my size.

Oh! and the 7FAM website is having a sale right now 40% off. The code is 7FAMILY. The sale lasts through the 15th.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC
Do you have a Bloomies near by? I got a pair of AG petites 20% off yesterday. They are having their friends and family week. DD who is way tall, scored a nice pair of 7''s for way cheap. We were so psyched, had no clue it was friends and family week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nordstrom Rack has a ton of designer jeans in general and 1/2 price usually if you have one near you. Or Loehmann''s similarly.

For petite small gals, a lot of my friends like Joe''s and J Brand.

I have long legs, short torso and a not too tiny waist and find that AG and Paige work really well for me. Sevens CAN but only certain styles. I like the Seven Dojo a lot.

MC, whatever I see what is at Nordstroms or Bloomies is still ''in'' I figure, if that is what you are looking for...but I tend to just be brand loyal when it comes to pants that fit and I love!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I''m pretty over Sevens but I wouldn''t say they''re out of style. (If they fit you the best, stick with them!) Another alternative that I think actually fits most women better than the Seven Bootcut is the Citizens of Humanity Kelly or the petite version which is called the Dita. Here''s a link to the Dita at Nordstrom: Dita

And musey-I agree 100% about the Seven fit changing! I bought a pair when they first came out and they were awesome-slim through the thigh and knee, not too bootcut, etc. The denim seemed like better quality, too. Plus the sizing was completely different-my current size in Seven is 2 sizes smaller than the size I bought 8 or 9 years ago and I weigh more now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results