shape
carat
color
clarity

Have i cracked my diamond?

melave

Shiny_Rock
HI all

Sorry for the stupid question, but i think i have cracked my little diamond. I noticed a dark line going from one side to the other. Tried cleaning it and it is still there :( I am pretty sure its cracked .

Its only a baby diamond and it is bezel set. I don't remember ever dropping or banging it into something.

Could it have been flawed?

IMAG0202.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
You should go to the jeweler and look under a loupe or preferably microscope to see what is going on. Opal is a far far more delicate stone (even be careful with cleaning methods) so I would really be shocked if somehow the diamond was damaged but the opal is fine. I hope it's not serious!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
If you are referring to that dark shadow near the 12 o'clock, there is a strange part of the bezel which seems not to be flush with the perimeter of the diamond.

But I can't tell from the photo if the gem is damaged

melave

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies :)

I live a fair distance from the nearest jeweller (500km) and i don't think they have an actual jeweller in the shop. I think everything gets sent to the city for repair, alterations

I have ordered a loupe so i may just have to wait until that shows up and have another look

I have tried shining a torch into it as i assumed if it was a crack, then more light would come through, and there seems to be a tiny bright spot coming from the middle out about 1mm, so maybe thats the crack? it's not on the top of the stone though, the top looks very smooth.

Tristan, thanks for mentioning the bezel, i hadn't noticed it. I think thats where the Shank? (not sure of the correct wording, the ring part) joins onto the bezel. That appears to be at 10 o'clock and the black mark is at 11

I guess i just have to wait until my loupe shows up

thanks again :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results