clarity

Have children, not pets.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone thus far has had excellent points!

I will add- it’s also frustrating because it’s so ridiculous abs shows no effort was put into understanding why the birth rate is decreasing. And the answer he came up with was “people love their pets too much” not “I should advocate for governments to improve their parental leave policies, healthcare systems, education access, etc.”. It just shows being so disconnected from peoples’ actual experience.

"abs" :confused:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... As Kenny said, they have to replenish the ranks to keep those coffers filled.

I did not write that in this thread; others did.

Also, some posts in this thread read like they begin with a quote of my words, when actually they are the words that I copied and pasted from the opinion pieces that I brought here.
For example ...

7c.png

Of course this is not at all the writers' fault.
When you quote someone on PS the software has no way of knowing the person you are quoting was posting a quote.

This concerns me because in the past I've been put on PS 'vacation' for posts about religion.
Since I have a 'rap sheet' I try to be more careful about what I post.
So please y'allz be careful to not attribute words to me which actually are the words of others.
Thanks. :))

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't care, and won't care what he or other religious leaders may think, or anyone else to that matter.

It is a personal choice whether I have kids or not, not anyone else's.

DK :))

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I did not write that in this thread; others did.

Also, some posts in this thread read like they begin with a quote of my words, when actually they are the words that I copied and pasted from the opinion pieces that I brought here.
For example ...

7c.png

Of course this is not at all the writers' fault.
When you quote someone on PS the software has no way of knowing the person you are quoting was posting a quote.

This concerns me because in the past I've been put on PS 'vacation' for posts about religion.
Since I have a 'rap sheet' I try to be more careful about what I post.
So please y'allz be careful to not attribute words to me which actually are the words of others.
Thanks. :))

My sincerest apologies, Kenny. I should have read and spoken more carefully.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother went to a Catholic boarding school. When the catholic children went to mass, and the non catholics didn’t, my mother was told that she (and the others) were going to hell :lol: They also had all of their pocket money taken and were told they’d bought fruit (which came from the trees in the grounds) with it.

I thought that the current Pope was more progressive than previous Popes, but it seems not. I find it hard to reconcile someone in the Catholic Church telling people what they should and shouldn’t do. Sisters I worked with were told when they went for their pre wedding talk with the priest, that they had to have 4 children, 2 to replace themselves, and 2 to add to the catholic population. I’ve no idea if that’s still the case, but in this day and age, surely the only reason to have children is because you want them, will love and nurture them, and more importantly, that you can actually afford them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Sisters I worked with were told when they went for their pre wedding talk with the priest, that they had to have 4 children, 2 to replace themselves, and 2 to add to the catholic population. ...

:knockout: There are no words!
But being convinced since birth that your life is eternal must feel pretty good, and on a subconscious level feel superior to those others.

But we're all equal the you lose your superiority.
That must suck, but at least you are't being convinced a billion dollars is waiting for you later, that is if you get with the program.

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny - I'm aware that the part I quoted was the Pope's words, not yours. Anyone reading the thread would know that the quote was taken from the article you posted, which itself was quoting the pope. (So since the pope says that a denial of parenthood takes away our humanity, I made the point that it seems that the pope is saying that non-parents lack humanity. Which is crazy.)

If I was going to express that what I quoted was a quote from within an article that you were quoting....actually, I have no idea how to express that I was quoting a quote from an article that another poster had quoted.

I guess I'm expecting that people reading the thread are actually reading the thread! In which case, they would know that it's a line from the article you quoted, and that the article was quoting the pope.

I need an aspirin.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jambalaya.

I just needed to ensure this thread contained this clarification.
Then I have evidence for the defense at my next courtroom trial. :bigsmile:

It's not your fault how the system can misrepresent who's words are who's.
It's the fault of the software not being written for this rare occurrence.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol does he have children, or pets? Based on his attitude towards people as the next generation of breeding stock I sincerely hope he doesnt have kids. You can raise pets like that (poor pets though) you cant raise a child unless youre considerably more enlightened.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I smiled at the thought of your Catholic kitties. How sweet!

St Francis'prayer says "make me a channel of Your peace." No better way of doing this than taking care of each other and our pet buddies <3

Lots of churches hold a blessing for animals on St Francis' feast day (Oct 4).

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
@kenny
Hi Kenny. Do you have the link to the actual talk by the Pope?
CNN is too biased for me to make any comment.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to know how much Vatican money the Pope will give to people to raise succeeding generations of catholic ATMs.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to know how much Vatican money the Pope will give to people to raise succeeding generations of catholic ATMs.

Are the "catholic ATMs" the only ones that take those catholic vatican cards?

31.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nvm? :confused:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean. Who is actually shocked by this? I guess anyone but a Catholic. Lol. As a Catholic, I’m not at all surprised nor impacted nor influenced by his words. But also, I’m not devout. It’s easy enough to get what you want from Catholicism and to look the other way when it’s not your cup of tea.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean. Who is actually shocked by this? I guess anyone but a Catholic. Lol. As a Catholic, I’m not at all surprised nor impacted nor influenced by his words. But also, I’m not devout. It’s easy enough to get what you want from Catholicism and to look the other way when it’s not your cup of tea.

That is true of any organized religion.
We take what we want and leave the rest.
That is human nature.
We are all hypocrites to some degree.

Personally, I believe (many) organized religions are cultish. But I also know they bring comfort and peace to many who believe and follow. So I don't fault anyone for believing in religion. I fault those who think they are superior or better than others who aren't part of that religion or any religion.

Do what brings you peace and don't criticize others for what brings them peace. As long as one isn't hurting anyone else it's all good. Though I will add I feel the cause of many wars and much hate in the world today has something to do with organized religion but that is a topic for another day.

kindnessrules.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone thus far has had excellent points!

I will add- it’s also frustrating because it’s so ridiculous abs shows no effort was put into understanding why the birth rate is decreasing. And the answer he came up with was “people love their pets too much” not “I should advocate for governments to improve their parental leave policies, healthcare systems, education access, etc.”. It just shows being so disconnected from peoples’ actual experience.

Exactly. Look at the whys. It’s pets? It’s not because the world is so f***** up that some people don’t to bring in more lives into the world? Maybe now that people, men and women, see clearly that there are options. You don’t have to follow the same pattern as the previous generations. People will always still reproduce. It’s just potentially at slower rates. However, with people living longer in general (Covid not withstanding) in pure numbers the population is still increasing. It’s just math. So I can’t understand the logic of his argument. Although I see it as an “argument” he probably sees as fact. How sad if he really believes what he’s saying.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

My mothers best friend was Irish Catholic. Mae had two daughters, one a year younger than me, the other a year older than me. They had been friends since their kids were born. When I was about 14 my mother had a conversation with me about what Mae's priest told her. She must have more children. It was her Catholic duty. Mae was upset and discussed this with Tom, her husband. They decided to have more children. My mother was agast.(Sp). So Mae had two boys in a row, and of course loved them. they were wonderful boys and she was happy. One went into the priesthood, the other became a doctor. My mother still shook her head. This was church policy in the 1950s.

Daisy and Diamonds.--My favorite Charity is Catholic Charities. They care for those of low rank and the poorest of the poor. These are not hypocrites. I have never seen a charity as charitable and caring as these people are.

It goes without saying , no one has the right to tell you how to use your body. I'm afraid the church over steps.

Annette

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree Nala

and as an aside i have a left leaning Jewish friend, very well educated, thinks the Pope is the bee's knees

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Current poster advertisement for picture day at local elementary school. Notice the child in the third row!

61C7B04A-ABD5-4E48-9D78-CB9959AF005C.jpeg

Last edited:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling a bit down and grumpy today, specifically related to the pope/catholic religion. Yet another mass burial site has been found in Canada (williams lake BC) related to a catholic run residential school. The pope (or any pope) has never apologized or taken responsibility for these atrocities. He has refused to visit, and the catholic church has never fully repaid the reparations. Just further proof that he/the institution doesn't give a flying F about children.

The team heard stories of disappearances, murders, systematic torture, rape and starvation of children, according to Sellars. There were accounts of children who were tied to boards and lashed, and newborn babies fathered by priests tossed into the school's incinerator.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results