shape
carat
color
clarity

Has something happened to David Klass?

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
After several very pleasant email exchanges, I sent inspiration photos, family tree info and a gemstone list by email to David Klass on August 1st, then resent my original email as a second email August 8th requesting confirmation of receipt of the photos, but I haven't heard anything back. He was very prompt to reply to the first several emails I sent, but from then until now, I have heard nothing.

Has something happened to him? Or is this typical when a person is having a custom piece created? I'm not a person to get all up in arms about a return email, but when he replied so quickly to the first few and then there has been nothing since I sent the photos, I have started to be concerned, especially since we only have about 6 weeks to finalize the design and complete the piece.

Thanks so much for any info!

goldie_locks

Shiny_Rock
I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and didn't get a response.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think in the past that others have suggested calling him?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He is working on a custom ring for me and I received a plastic CAD "draft" ring (sorry, I don't know the term) within the last few weeks. I sent some feedback via email and didn't hear back from him yet. I had told him I was not on a tight timeframe. My prior communication with David Klass has been very professional and courteous. Our first conversation about this ring was when he was alone in the shop catching up on emails on the 4th of July holiday. I think he is swamped, and also hates email. But I have felt like the silence was uncharacteristic, and I've wondered if he is well. Good luck with your project, Nana!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to report that DK and I are deep into the design process.

I look forward to sharing my piece with all of you when it is finished. :D

Yay! :dance: I can't wait to see more. I hope you post the CAD's for us.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to report my DK star flower ring is ready! This is a 4 mm Winza ruby with 3 mm demantoid garnets and French cut diamonds. Elle, it's a country cousin to your amazing avatar!

IMG_0303.JPG

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to report my DK star flower ring is ready! This is a 4 mm Winza ruby with 3 mm demantoid garnets and French cut diamonds. Elle, it's a country cousin to your amazing avatar!

IMG_0303.JPG

Really, really beautiful!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shut up that's amazing

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0303.JPG

OMG, I love this so much!!!:love: Please post a separate thread with all the details (CAD's, vendor pics, your pics). I need to see more of this beauty! :lol-2:

ETA. My ring is happy to be your ring's country cousin any day of the week. :lol:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! Gorgeous.........simply Gorgeous! Agree it needs it's own thread...........

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0303.JPG

Amazing! :love:

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

IMG_0303.JPG

Just... wow. More pics please!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with your ring @MissyBeaucoup. I have always wanted a Christmas-colored ring. Just WOW!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I just saw this on his Instagram and loved it. It's gorgeous! So glad it belongs to a PSer...can't wait to see hand shots!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like a snowflake too, with the diamonds. Very unique and festive! Hand shots please :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been obssessed with demantoids lately and that design is stunning. Beautiful all year but with the colors and snowflake design, it is such a festive holdiay go-to piece.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank y'all so much! I'm really touched! I missed the UPS man today but hopefully will catch up with him tomorrow and can take some pictures soon. I'm so happy that you all like the design!

I hadn't thought of it as a snowflake, but that it a perfect idea! I'm really blown away...thanks for all the sweet comments, everybody!

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen! It reminds me of the geometric artwork in Persian mosques.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord, that's an amazing ring :love::love: please post ALL the pictures when it arrives!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank y'all so much! I'm really touched! I missed the UPS man today but hopefully will catch up with him tomorrow and can take some pictures soon. I'm so happy that you all like the design!

I hadn't thought of it as a snowflake, but that it a perfect idea! I'm really blown away...thanks for all the sweet comments, everybody!

There is nothing worse than missing the postman, when you're waiting on sparkly gorgeousness. :confused2: I hope you catch him today. :(2

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Cow MissyBeaucoup that is amazing!!!! I love it!!!!:appl: Handshots please when it comes!!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A question to whomever has worked with DK directly.
Does he send you pictures/video and ask for payment.
And then clean up/polish the ring of all black spots /scratches?
And then take more photos of the finished ring to be considered the glamour shots?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A question to whomever has worked with DK directly.
Does he send you pictures/video and ask for payment.
And then clean up/polish the ring of all black spots /scratches?
And then take more photos of the finished ring to be considered the glamour shots?

I can only speak from my experiences with him. Once I approve of the CAD's, I don't hear anything until the ring is actually completed. At that point, he sends me an email with the finished pictures (which are the glamour shots). If you approve of the ring he will request payment.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input elle_71125
Your reply is what I was expecting, but not what I experienced.
That was almost two weeks ago and should be seeing round 2 any day now.
I have happy high hopes though!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input elle_71125
Your reply is what I was expecting, but not what I experienced.
That was almost two weeks ago and should be seeing round 2 any day now.
I have happy high hopes though!

Round two of the CAD's? If that's the case, I would suggest emailing him and asking how it's going.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round two of the CAD's? If that's the case, I would suggest emailing him and asking how it's going.
No- receiving cads aren't the problem. We did have to tweak the final cad because an important element that was apparent on the approved cad did not appear on the ring at all.
I am not in a time rush on this I don't mind waiting. I'll wait to contact yet.
Was wanting clarification on how they operate with photos/payment request and it not really being a finished product.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No- receiving cads aren't the problem. We did have to tweak the final cad because an important element that was apparent on the approved cad did not appear on the ring at all.
I am not in a time rush on this I don't mind waiting. I'll wait to contact yet.
Was wanting clarification on how they operate with photos/payment request and it not really being a finished product.

Ah, I understand now. :D I can't be any help but hopefully it is finished soon (with that design element).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results