shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone worked with Etsy store - "Baiwy"?

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm liking their stuff, and what looks like good quality production. They also said they will work with customers' stones, which is getting harder to find. They are out of Montreal, Quebec. Anyone have any experience with them, and/or worked with Canadian jewelers in terms of shipping and customs? (I'm in the USA).

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
My only experience was when I purchased a used wedding set from someone in Canada. About a week after receiving the item, FedEx sent me a bill $75 bill for customs charges. I called to question it, but they said that anything that goes through customs has to pay.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a coincidence - I just communicated with Mr. Baiwy about a stone I'd like to set in a ring. So far, he's replied promptly to my emails.
I saw his work at a juried craft show last December. All his jewellery looked to be of a very good quality. Mr. Baiwy seemed very knowledgeable and approachable.
If I go ahead with my project, I'll let you know how it turns out. But I'm sometimes quite a procrastinator, so if you have your stone set before me, Desertrose, then please tell me about YOUR experience! :lol:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just want to add that there's no duty for Canadian made goods coming into the US, and vice versa, because of NAFTA.
Also, since the jewellery would be shipped outside of Canada, there won't be any Canadian taxes charged. You may have to pay your state taxes, however.
I believe that Canada Post charges much less than Fedex for acting as custom brokers, for goods coming INTO Canada. If that's also the case for the US post office, then shipping by post would be a way to save some money.
The Canadian dollar is around $0.74 US right now, so it's a good time to shop in Canada.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Indigoblue and Garnetgirl!

From their etsy store it looks like they are a long time established, awarded studio. I like the unique yet wearable designs. Their prices seem really reasonable too.

I've convo'd a few times now with Christian, and he is very prompt in replying. He also took the time to send some photos of stones they have in stock. I was asking after a red spinel ring.

Good to know about Canadian fees.

If anyone else has any other input on either Baiwy or shipping from Canada to the US, please chime in! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results