shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone worked with CvB before?

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
As you can tell, Caysie tends to be hit or miss with clients.

Personally, my experience with her was positive. My gf and I wanted her to make our engagement rings (but we’re using Distinctive Gems moissanite so can’t post them in SMTB, boo). If you like Caysie’s aesthetic, nobody does exactly what she does. I ordered in April and got the three stone Maria ring in early July. Girlfriend ordered my Karissa ring in July and it arrived in October. I would guess this is the timeline you could reasonably expect for a pre-existing setting design (it also includes how long it took to get the stones to her, which took longer in my gf’s case, and wasn’t in Caysie’s control at all). I found Caysie to be friendly and responsive. We communicated via message on IG.

Of course, Covid was changing the game in terms of what could be done by when, but from my research on these forums I wasn’t expecting a swift delivery. That was fine with us—we had time and were willing to wait to get exactly what we wanted. And we did! Girlfriend’s ring is an absolute dream. I’m very satisfied with the end result and am not so patiently waiting to see my own ring as well! GF assures me it’s perfect.

Basically, go in armed with patience and see if you click, as other posters have said. If you don’t click, no harm, no foul. If you do, and you’ve got the time, the odds are good you’ll end up with a stunner. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have had multiple projects with her and I really do like her design aesthetic.

However, the past couple of months and currently now she has been swamped. I had some projects I was going to have her do but I asked for my stones to be sent back to me because she really just wasn't going to be able to get to them for a bit.

If you have a deadline for this project that is going to be before Valentine's day, I would say you need to have a conversation with her on whether she can meet that deadline, once you reach her.

If you are going to be okay with having this completed after Valentine's day or don't have any sort of tight timeline that's within the next 3 months, I think you should be fine. Text message is probably the best way to reach her.

I find that once you actually start the process and have your CAD, as well as the approval done, it tends to go at a pretty reasonable pace. however, if you have time expectations or a date certain by which you want this project, I think you need to tell her up front. That way both of you are on the same page before you even start.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Yup, unfortunately have worked with said “jeweler/designer” on 3 separate projects. Genuine piece of advice - look for a different vendor. David Klass is wonderful and easy to work with once you get a hold of him, email and phone call should do it and he will be able to execute the design you are after wonderfully. Here is a great read about CvB: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-experience-with-cvb.248169/

Just a word of caution to the original poster. David Klass would be able to execute this type of design, but it would not be appropriate or ethical to ask him to copy Casey's design. I know that @SimoneDi was not suggesting that, but I just wanted to make it clear that if you go with another vendor with inspiration pictures you'll need to be prepared to change the style, as well as some of the details, because it wouldn't be ethical to ask for one producer to make a copy of the others designs.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a word of caution to the original poster. David Klass would be able to execute this type of design, but it would not be appropriate or ethical to ask him to copy Casey's design. I know that @SimoneDi was not suggesting that, but I just wanted to make it clear that if you go with another vendor with inspiration pictures you'll need to be prepared to change the style, as well as some of the details, because it wouldn't be ethical to ask for one producer to make a copy of the others designs.

valid point here OP -
If you go via DK or anyone else - id recommend searching for the actual antique CVB pulled inspo from (Ring Concierge’s original antique one not her repro version) and using that antique ring to pull your inspo off of. I think DK has a version already in his Instagram- but not positive.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock

Yes I had already found the DK one from his instagram and was planning on contacting him with that. From my understanding this general design is common amongst different jewelers and they all put their own “spin” on it.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
valid point here OP -
If you go via DK or anyone else - id recommend searching for the actual antique CVB pulled inspo from (Ring Concierge’s original antique one not her repro version) and using that antique ring to pull your inspo off of. I think DK has a version already in his Instagram- but not positive.

He does and I love his as well! I would never ask someone to replicate someone else’s work. It’s just the general design I fell in love with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing is, you need to decide which version of that ring you like best. There will be price differences, but I am willing to pay for the one I think is best. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to insult anyone's ring, but I think some are better than others and you can see that in close up images. I will just add that I think it is important not to make it too thin.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
The thing is, you need to decide which version of that ring you like best. There will be price differences, but I am willing to pay for the one I think is best. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to insult anyone's ring, but I think some are better than others and you can see that in close up images. I will just add that I think it is important not to make it too thin.

Yes of course, just trying to cover all of our bases and explore our options! I agree, the band being too thin is a huge concern of mine as well. We’re not in a massive time crunch and we are of course willing to pay for quality work, but it doesn’t hurt to shop around a bit even if it’s nothing more than to just solidify what you want. That being said though, after much research today and hearing back from her, I think we’re going to work with Caysie :)

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
Just chiming in that I’ve had similar lack of response lately. She did answer at first and gave me her cell number, but I’ve texted her a few follow up questions, and she hasn’t responded. Not sure whether she is just really busy or if maybe I’m annoying her, so I’m just going to move on. She does do beautiful work!

L

lydial

Hi all, Caysie is busy with an abundance of projects and a serious family emergency. I suspect the latter is what is delaying her correspondence. She is a human being with her own life as well as her small business. That said, if you really want her to make you your dream ring be persistent, text her #, and be prepared to wait 12 weeks if you go with her. She is hugely popular so I feel re-publishing the rant post was unnecessary. Let people make up their own mind on bespoke vendors, the rant was there to find. So far she has been the best bespoke jewelry vendor I have found and she never copies another artist. The suggestion to have DK recreate her work is interesting because I believe it has happened not that uncommonly in the past, perhaps unintentionally. So do a number of Etsy vendors (some use her actual photos!) I am a fan of her attention to detail and honesty.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
If you love the CVB ring, I would honestly be patient and go with CVB. I’ve found that when I settle for something different than what I originally wanted, I’m left wondering if I made the right decision. I’m working with Caysie now, and there was no other choice for me. I know my ring is going to be EPIC when she’s done with it, so I don’t plan to bother her while she works her magic (and digs her way out of her end-of-year crush). For what it’s worth, I’ve also seen her work copied by other popular vendors and it just isn’t the same IMO. Good luck!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
I've just completed a ring project (Alexandra ring design) with her and she was lovely to work with. I contacted her through Instagram and any delay in the project was actually down to my being slow to ship the stone. I live in the UK and had trouble with FedEx making a collection. Once the stone was received everything went smoothly. The quality of workmanship is incredible and the design is beautiful.I also have another project in the works with her and plan on more in the future (once I've saved up enough!) The bench she uses is fantastic and I agree with @LoveMeDo. I've seen other vendors copy her work and the quality is not the same. Congratulations on your engagement!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, Caysie is busy with an abundance of projects and a serious family emergency. I suspect the latter is what is delaying her correspondence. She is a human being with her own life as well as her small business. That said, if you really want her to make you your dream ring be persistent, text her #, and be prepared to wait 12 weeks if you go with her. She is hugely popular so I feel re-publishing the rant post was unnecessary. Let people make up their own mind on bespoke vendors, the rant was there to find. So far she has been the best bespoke jewelry vendor I have found and she never copies another artist. The suggestion to have DK recreate her work is interesting because I believe it has happened not that uncommonly in the past, perhaps unintentionally. So do a number of Etsy vendors (some use her actual photos!) I am a fan of her attention to detail and honesty.

In a completely friendly way I just want to respond to your post. I disagree that the rant didn’t need to be posted, others posted threads on CvB’s work and the rant was another very relevant post on what the OP asked for. She could’ve found any of those threads (both good and bad) but posted for opinions and that’s what she was given. She has still decided to go with CvB but at least she has read different experiences and made an informed decision.
Vendor aside, wouldn’t you be upset if you were only given positive feedback, only to find out after a disappointing experience that many others had a similar one? I’m sure you would’ve wanted the same PS help to know before starting a project.
I very much agree that someone else shouldn’t copy her exact, unique work but that’s not how I read that post suggesting DK or anyone else. Going to someone else to copy any item rarely turns out exactly how you envision so I’m glad OP has chosen the vendor of her inspiration picture bc she will get exactly what she loves.
Just my 2 cents and don’t mean any offense to you! =)2

L

lydial

In a completely friendly way I just want to respond to your post. I disagree that the rant didn’t need to be posted, others posted threads on CvB’s work and the rant was another very relevant post on what the OP asked for. She could’ve found any of those threads (both good and bad) but posted for opinions and that’s what she was given. She has still decided to go with CvB but at least she has read different experiences and made an informed decision.
Vendor aside, wouldn’t you be upset if you were only given positive feedback, only to find out after a disappointing experience that many others had a similar one? I’m sure you would’ve wanted the same PS help to know before starting a project.
I very much agree that someone else shouldn’t copy her exact, unique work but that’s not how I read that post suggesting DK or anyone else. Going to someone else to copy any item rarely turns out exactly how you envision so I’m glad OP has chosen the vendor of her inspiration picture bc she will get exactly what she loves.
Just my 2 cents and don’t mean any offense to you! =)2

I had a feeling that would gain some opinions. Not offended. The post with the link was just impolite.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a feeling that would gain some opinions. Not offended. The post with the link was just impolite.

my specific post was impolite?

I didn’t see it that way. I now do see why you think me posting it here was impolite.

I don’t agree with your reasoning - but that’s allowed. Just as it’s allowed for you to not agree with me linking it.

I didn’t see it as a slam and gang up thread. It’s not a “all is evil” thread. its got opinions from both sides, discussion from both sides and more importantly - there’s no poster bashing against another poster in it.

i don’t think me linking it hindered OP from making up their mind, if that was a concern?

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Caysie made the ring in my profile photo, and it's a work of art. I loved chatting with her and bouncing around ideas. My experience was 100 percent positive (YMMV, of course), and I am looking forward to our next project together. Next year, I hope ... once I've made up my mind what I want. =)2

L

lydial

my specific post was impolite?

I didn’t see it that way. I now do see why you think me posting it here was impolite.

I don’t agree with your reasoning - but that’s allowed. Just as it’s allowed for you to not agree with me linking it.

I didn’t see it as a slam and gang up thread. It’s not a “all is evil” thread. its got opinions from both sides, discussion from both sides and more importantly - there’s no poster bashing against another poster in it.

i don’t think me linking it hindered OP from making up their mind, if that was a concern?

@Rfisher the post that I found impolite was #22 on this thread. You did not post it. You may have breezed past it. The review I called a rant that she posted was by Gussie, who interestingly has the Dahlia as her current setting again and it is her avatar photo. For such a dissatisfied customer she kept going back for more and more and more. That is her business, I am not complaining about Gussie. Poster #22 called Gussie’s post a “great read” and put jeweler/designer in quotes as if CVB is a fraud, which she isn’t; a number of us have worked with CVB. Then she suggested DK make the same ring!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, this thread is going much better than previous threads.

I will agree that my ring is a work of art. I would like to work with Caysie again, but I have nothing in the works right now.

The only thing I have left to do is set my emerald, which Inken sourced, and so when she procured if for me, I agreed she would do the setting.

After the emerald, I have nothing left. Boo!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher the post that I found impolite was #22 on this thread. You did not post it. You may have breezed past it. The review I called a rant that she posted was by Gussie, who interestingly has the Dahlia as her current setting again and it is her avatar photo. For such a dissatisfied customer she kept going back for more and more and more. That is her business, I am not complaining about Gussie. Poster #22 called Gussie’s post a “great read” and put jeweler/designer in quotes as if CVB is a fraud, which she isn’t; a number of us have worked with CVB. Then she suggested DK make the same ring!

Gussie’s situation is a shame as she was a very loyal customer of CVB. She absolutely has her reasons for her change of heart, and I assume it may have been listed in that post, which I have not seen.

IIRC she had several more projects in the works with CVB that she ended up pulling. So, yes, she has several pieces and was a good customer, but she eventually felt neglected and her feelings about CVB changed. That is what I remember of the story.

L

lydial

Gussie’s situation is a shame as she was a very loyal customer of CVB. She absolutely has her reasons for her change of heart, and I assume it may have been listed in that post, which I have not seen.

IIRC she had several more projects in the works with CVB that she ended up pulling. So, yes, she has several pieces and was a good customer, but she eventually felt neglected and her feelings about CVB changed. That is what I remember of the story.

i didn’t read every detail just enough to gather my own details and to be prepared to wait. My experiences with her so far are positive but the time frames are long.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i didn’t read every detail just enough to gather my own details and to be prepared to wait. My experiences with her so far are positive but the time frames are long.

Then maybe you should read every detail rather than trying to suppress Gussie's thoughts and feelings about HER own experiences and making assumptions on why her ering is what it is. I think it's your post that is impolite for calling her post a rant when A. it wasn't a rant at all, rather a very straight forward account of what she went through and B. she is a long time member here and has every right to post what she did. I'm glad you've had positive experiences but that does not invalidate her negative ones :wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with you that if you initiate a project with CVB, probably 12 weeks is a good idea to keep in your head for completion.

With Gussie, IIRC, it was going on much longer than 12 weeks, but I’ll stop here as it’s not my issue and I certainly don’t want to take it on and Gussie has happily moved on.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is my experience with her. I designed a ring with her based on another ring she had made in collaboration with another popular vendor here. It’s the Dahlia. She named the ring the Dahlia during or after she made my ring. The previous version of that ring had another name.
After months of waiting for my ring to be made she told me she was ready to ship it out to me, she was just going to get it appraised.
I assumed she was in the process of shipping out my ring to me, but instead she took my ring to lunch with another PSer who she allowed to not only wear my ring, but who also took pictures of my ring and posted them here on Pricescope. She did not ship me my ring until after that meeting.
I never even mentioned to her that I was upset that that had happened BC I really just wanted to get my ring. I was honestly afraid if I mentioned it she would delay sending out my ring. At that point I think I had waited 4 months give or take so I really wanted it.
When I received my ring I was not happy with it and she did agree to remake it but that took another few months, so in total I waited 8 months for my ring.
When I decided to upgrade again I reached out to her about making me a new setting. Everything was fine up until another PSer complained about her time frames. I replied to that thread and mentioned that it did take a long time for me to get my ring but I would still use her again. In that thread I mentioned that she did let someone try on and take pictures of my ring and even with that I would still use her.
Well somehow she got wind of what I replied on that thread and sent me a message on Etsy saying that she would not work with me again.
I’m positive one of her fans here said something to her about what I wrote. She is banned here in PS so that’s why I assume someone said something to her. I can’t imagine her coming here and happening to find that thread and finding what I wrote unless she peruses PS daily. I think she is too busy for that.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what my experiences with her were like.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
So here is my experience with her. I designed a ring with her based on another ring she had made in collaboration with another popular vendor here. It’s the Dahlia. She named the ring the Dahlia during or after she made my ring. The previous version of that ring had another name.
After months of waiting for my ring to be made she told me she was ready to ship it out to me, she was just going to get it appraised.
I assumed she was in the process of shipping out my ring to me, but instead she took my ring to lunch with another PSer who she allowed to not only wear my ring, but who also took pictures of my ring and posted them here on Pricescope. She did not ship me my ring until after that meeting.
I never even mentioned to her that I was upset that that had happened BC I really just wanted to get my ring. I was honestly afraid if I mentioned it she would delay sending out my ring. At that point I think I had waited 4 months give or take so I really wanted it.
When I received my ring I was not happy with it and she did agree to remake it but that took another few months, so in total I waited 8 months for my ring.
When I decided to upgrade again I reached out to her about making me a new setting. Everything was fine up until another PSer complained about her time frames. I replied to that thread and mentioned that it did take a long time for me to get my ring but I would still use her again. In that thread I mentioned that she did let someone try on and take pictures of my ring and even with that I would still use her.
Well somehow she got wind of what I replied on that thread and sent me a message on Etsy saying that she would not work with me again.
I’m positive one of her fans here said something to her about what I wrote. She is banned here in PS so that’s why I assume someone said something to her. I can’t imagine her coming here and happening to find that thread and finding what I wrote unless she peruses PS daily. I think she is too busy for that.

What a crazy story! I really like her prongs, but that behavior is so unprofessional I really won’t consider her ever. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I remember you writing about this when it was going on @kayla17. I felt so bad for you,

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember you writing about this when it was going on @kayla17. I felt so bad for you,

Thanks. I felt bad too. To be honest when it happened and after I received my ring I never mentioned what happened in my own ring thread. It was only when someone else was talking about her that I mentioned what happened with my ring. I think I even said after all that I would still use her. I remember replying I was a fan.

Then I got called out for mentioning that I had basically designed the ring. Honestly, that wasn’t even the point of my reply to that thread. But rather than addressing the actual issue of how long it took her to make that person’s ring, everyone started accusing me of trying to take credit for the ring design.
At the time I was like who cares who made the ring, that wasn’t what the issue was. If she designed it, if I designed it, if you designed it, who cares? The point was that it did take longer than expected.
I was expecting my ring around June 2nd- my anniversary day (she said she could have it done by then) and I did not get it until July 26th, even though I had the finished pictures on July 18th.
ETA- I received the 2nd ring on Dec 15th.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a crazy story! I really like her prongs, but that behavior is so unprofessional I really won’t consider her ever. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Lol! Well I can’t use her even if I wanted to anyway bc she fired me. ;-)
But I have a ring that I truly truly love and am extremely happy with so in the end it was a blessing!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lol, I guess we have different definitions of "rant."

Yes, I am currently using the Dahlia because I am patiently waiting for a stone to fit the EW Margot. The Dahlia is beautiful; however, I stand by my testimonial that the work is not worth the wait or hassle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results