shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone worked with CvB before?

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I’m new here, this is my first post! I fell in love with one of the CvB engagement rings, the “Lynne,” and my boyfriend has attempted to reach out to her on multiple venues for over a week now to try and get the ball rolling on this but he has yet to get any sort of response. Does anyone know if this how long it typically takes her to get back to a client? Generally wondering if anyone has any personal experiences working with her and how the process went from start to finish. Does she source the diamonds as well or did most of you have her set a diamond you found elsewhere for you? Thanks in advance!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COVID times can make anything slightly different than ever before.
if you are in a strict and short timeline - id suggest that be one of your first subject of discussion with any vendor, now more than ever.

this time of year is pretty busy anyways - that’s no excuse, but just a factold.
how has he reached out to her? As in Etsy? Email? Instagram? Her website? text? Maybe try different routes?

I believe she both sources out stones and works with customer supplied stones.

I’ve purchased one stock item from her and one was a complete custom project. To be fair, I need to mention the first try of custom didn’t work as planned for either of us. The second was impeccable.

there’s a show me your CVB thread here on PS in the SMTB section and also a CVB experience thread in the testimonial section. You should read both, and if you are bored - even my two threads that show my experience.

I wouldn’t recommend for, nor sway away anyone.

I’d just recommend you reading others experiences good and bad and decide for yourself, and then find out if timelines of production works. If you want CVB aesthetic - its up to you to weigh.

SaltedCaramel

Rough_Rock
I am working with her now and she is lovely, I reached out to her on instagram and received a response within 1 business day. Sometimes instagram filters her messages, you could try her email address? I am sorry to hear that you haven't heard back in a week.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
I am working with her now and she is lovely, I reached out to her on instagram and received a response within 1 business day. Sometimes instagram filters her messages, you could try her email address? I am sorry to hear that you haven't heard back in a week.

This is good to hear! I think he most recently tried instagram, he tried email the first time and nothing, and then facebook and also nothing. He then tried Instagram so hopefully we’ll get a response soon! Thanks so much for responding, I’m glad she’s been great to work with.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
COVID times can make anything slightly different than ever before.
if you are in a strict and short timeline - id suggest that be one of your first subject of discussion with any vendor, now more than ever.

this time of year is pretty busy anyways - that’s no excuse, but just a factold.
how has he reached out to her? As in Etsy? Email? Instagram? Her website? text? Maybe try different routes?

I believe she both sources out stones and works with customer supplied stones.

I’ve purchased one stock item from her and one was a complete custom project. To be fair, I need to mention the first try of custom didn’t work as planned for either of us. The second was impeccable.

there’s a show me your CVB thread here on PS in the SMTB section and also a CVB experience thread in the testimonial section. You should read both, and if you are bored - even my two threads that show my experience.

I wouldn’t recommend for, nor sway away anyone.

I’d just recommend you reading others experiences good and bad and decide for yourself, and then find out if timelines of production works. If you want CVB aesthetic - its up to you to weigh.

This is great information and super helpful! Thanks so much for the detailed response. He’s tried multiple venues, email, facebook, and most recently instagram. I’m hopeful we’ll get a response soon.

I’ll definitely peruse through that thread, thanks for the heads up! And I’ll look through your experiences as well. She seems to be relatively well recommended, but like you said I’m planning to read both good and bad reviews.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great information and super helpful! Thanks so much for the detailed response. He’s tried multiple venues, email, facebook, and most recently instagram. I’m hopeful we’ll get a response soon.

I’ll definitely peruse through that thread, thanks for the heads up! And I’ll look through your experiences as well. She seems to be relatively well recommended, but like you said I’m planning to read both good and bad reviews.

DK168 already linked the CVB SMTB thread

heres the general testimonial thread

here’s my one that has info about working with her
The second thread I had mentioned is really just a reveal of same ring so not pertinent to this.

Assuming you are looking at the ‘Lynne” as an engagement ring? Congratulations!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I’m new here, this is my first post! I fell in love with one of the CvB engagement rings, the “Lynne,” and my boyfriend has attempted to reach out to her on multiple venues for over a week now to try and get the ball rolling on this but he has yet to get any sort of response. Does anyone know if this how long it typically takes her to get back to a client? Generally wondering if anyone has any personal experiences working with her and how the process went from start to finish. Does she source the diamonds as well or did most of you have her set a diamond you found elsewhere for you? Thanks in advance!

Hi there!!! I am a confirmed fan of Caysie's (see my avatar ), so I will chime in....right now I know she is super busy with Christmas orders, so it may take a while. Did you try messaging her on Etsy? She sources stones, but will also use outside stones. For example, for my jovyn, i sourced the stone myself, but for my riviere band, she sourced the stones. Either way, i find her incredibly easy to work with, and her work speaks for itself. Can't wait to see your completed ring!!! :kiss2:

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've done many projects with Caysie, and each one was a great experience! Any vendor is going to have a few dissatisfied people, and sometimes people just don't click. I my case, due to doing several projects, I consider Caysie not only a great artist/designer, but also a friend. You should have no issues especially if you like something similar to things she has already made.

I'd say we could help you find a diamond. I can't imagine that she'd have time for that right now.
Her deadline for holiday projects has already passed, and I do think they are super busy at this time. But IG is the best way to reach her at first. Don't give up, she just doesn't have an assistant so is managing all projects herself plus all inquiries.

So if you want help finding a stone, please post a new thread in Rocky Talky, and we will be happy to help you! Caysie can't start on a setting until you send her the stone, so you can get started on that part today!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve tried to reach out to her a couple times as well a bit back and she never responded to me either. I never pursued it further and haven’t/ won’t be trying again.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
I've done many projects with Caysie, and each one was a great experience! Any vendor is going to have a few dissatisfied people, and sometimes people just don't click. I my case, due to doing several projects, I consider Caysie not only a great artist/designer, but also a friend. You should have no issues especially if you like something similar to things she has already made.

I'd say we could help you find a diamond. I can't imagine that she'd have time for that right now.
Her deadline for holiday projects has already passed, and I do think they are super busy at this time. But IG is the best way to reach her at first. Don't give up, she just doesn't have an assistant so is managing all projects herself plus all inquiries.

So if you want help finding a stone, please post a new thread in Rocky Talky, and we will be happy to help you! Caysie can't start on a setting until you send her the stone, so you can get started on that part today!

This is so helpful, thank you! Yes we’re not in any sort of rush and understand she may be swamped with the holidays around the corner. Just wanted to try and establish a relationship and get the ball moving!

Ah okay, so it would be best to get the diamond on our own then and have it sent to her to be set. We’re both newbies at this so I truly don’t even know where to begin! I will give it a go at making a new post asking for advice on sourcing a diamond! Thanks so much again.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
DK168 already linked the CVB SMTB thread

heres the general testimonial thread

here’s my one that has info about working with her
The second thread I had mentioned is really just a reveal of same ring so not pertinent to this.

Assuming you are looking at the ‘Lynne” as an engagement ring? Congratulations!

Thanks!! Just read through these, good to know. Appreciate you sharing with me.

Yes, an engagement ring, and thank you! I love it so much, I’ve been looking around to see if anyone else created something similar and I’m having a really hard time finding it. Hence why I wanted to reach out to her directly.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
I’ve tried to reach out to her a couple times as well a bit back and she never responded to me either. I never pursued it further and haven’t/ won’t be trying again.

Oh really? That’s quite a shame. I absolutely love one of her designs and haven’t been able to find anything similar to it elsewhere.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't recall which setting is the Lynne? Can you post a picture?

Caysie lives in kind of a remote area and has awful internet reception. While I do sometimes talk to her on IG, it may be best to try texting her. I am posting her number because it is public on her IG anyway. 209-304-3073

Last edited:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Oh really? That’s quite a shame. I absolutely love one of her designs and haven’t been able to find anything similar to it elsewhere.

She has some gorgeous rings, no doubt. Her Jovyn solitaire is, IMO, the perfect 6 prong solitaire setting. Good luck to you! Hopefully it’s smooth sailing soon.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock

I actually just made a new post as well based on your advice! This is the Lynne, I am truly obsessed with it.

Attachments

• F46C50F5-82E6-4518-B9B7-A092A2D8E798.jpeg
    F46C50F5-82E6-4518-B9B7-A092A2D8E798.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 28
  • C13AA896-3932-4B0D-8037-C09692A45633.jpeg
    C13AA896-3932-4B0D-8037-C09692A45633.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 1F0CDFDA-084A-452C-8204-3FC6A0BD90C3.jpeg
    1F0CDFDA-084A-452C-8204-3FC6A0BD90C3.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I actually just made a new post as well based on your advice! This is the Lynne, I am truly obsessed with it.

View attachment 792649 I a View attachment 792650 View attachment 792651

Ooh kinda looks like this one:

There’s a preloved one on LT right now. Not discouraging you from using CVB, just think it’s good to know all the options.

sadiesunshine13

Rough_Rock
Yes! This is the one I actually found initially. I had liked that CvB’s band is a bit sturdier, and I also hadn’t heard wonderful things about working with RC. Thanks so much, I absolutely agree. It’s very good to explore all options especially for such a large important purchase! I’m open to exploring other vendors as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting, too! It's an antique setting that multiple vendors make, but I do prefer Caysie because I think her design skill is excellent and I feel some of the rings in that style are dangerously thin.

Did you see I added her number so he can text her? See above.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep in mind if your BF has tried all those different ways for over a week without any reply from CvB, it is likely what you can expect throughout the entire transaction ... if you're okay with always have to chase down your vendor, and for the process to take longer than estimated, go for it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie made my split shank asscher ring. It’s incredible and I had no issues with Caysie and I recommend her. I reset my asscher that I had had for 4 years, so she did not source my diamond.

My timeline was about 6 weeks, but I have no idea what the timeline is right now...

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, unfortunately have worked with said “jeweler/designer” on 3 separate projects. Genuine piece of advice - look for a different vendor. David Klass is wonderful and easy to work with once you get a hold of him, email and phone call should do it and he will be able to execute the design you are after wonderfully. Here is a great read about CvB: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-experience-with-cvb.248169/

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, unfortunately have worked with said “jeweler/designer” on 3 separate projects. Genuine piece of advice - look for a different vendor. David Klass is wonderful and easy to work with once you get a hold of him, email and phone call should do it and he will be able to execute the design you are after wonderfully. Here is a great read about CvB: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-experience-with-cvb.248169/

I had not read that thread. Thanks for posting it.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i have not worked with her. certainly not through lack of trying, as she came highly recommended. a few months earlier, i initiated contact by way of her website and received zero reply. i made note of that.

i then proceeded to contact her by way of instagram. she was quick to respond but rather short. i had narrowed it down to 3 of her designs that i liked, for this particular project. she told me that i had to be more specific before moving forward. something just didn't feel *right* ... it's difficult to explain but something just wasn't *right* so i decided to go elsewhere ...

too many other talented and skilled jewelers out there to work with that communicate with more ease, flow and care

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

Caysie lives in kind of a remote area and has awful internet reception. While I do sometimes talk to her on IG, it may be best to try texting her. I am posting her number because it is public on her IG anyway. 209-304-3073

I didnt want to post her cell # bc i didnt know if it was public or not. Glad you posted it for OP, its prob the best way to get a hold of her. I will add to the convo that sometimes getting that initial hold of her can be difficult. I dont think its in any way on purpose. But once you do, she stays in contact. At least she did with me. Completion times do vary. My jovyn took 2 weeks. My riviere band took over 3 months. I didnt mind bc it was my dream band and only CvB makes it. So it really depends on the individual.

I will also say i have worked with David Klass as well. Very professional, keeps to time frames, if thats what the individual requires. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have also worked with Caysie many many times. She has taken pains to ensure that my project is successful every time, and I will say right off the bat that I am not an easygoing client when it comes to design and workmanship.

I, like @diamondseeker2006 and others on here, consider her to be a personal friend. She’s swamped right now. Based on my experiences, your failed attempts to make contact thus far aren’t representative of her normal communication - but it’s end of year, every successful vendor is going to be balancing an influx of existing customers’ needs with a deluge of new customer rush requests. Some of those vendors have multiple people on staff to help, some don’t and are going to be slower on the uptake.

If you’re truly not in a rush - may I suggest finding the stone first, and then choosing a mount for it? I have found that sometimes the stone will tell me how it needs to be set - and what it tells me isn’t always what I’d originally had in mind ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
something just didn't feel *right* ... it's difficult to explain but something just wasn't *right* so i decided to go elsewhere ...

Honestly, this is SO important.

I am a huge fan of Caysie, both her work and her person. We click. That interpersonal relationship translates directly into project success - she can always “see” what I’m getting at, what I want. I’m comfortable leaving my projects entirely in her hands because I know her artistic aesthetic and I trust her understanding of me and mine.

I think going elsewhere when something just doesn’t feel quite right is always the right decision - I think usually the feeling is mutual, but vendors feel less free to express it explicitly, so the customer acting on it saves both parties a fair bit of pain!

The one caveat I would add is that IMO people should be encouraged to explore their own feelings, like @Big Fat Facets did here, and not just absorb others’. I, for example, work fantastically with Leon Mege. Others don’t. I’m glad I didn’t adopt current PS zeitgeist as my own opinion without reaching out to him myself, because I’d have missed out on both beautiful jewels and an opportunity to get to know a fantastic person.

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
thank you @yssie

i welcome and would LOVE LOVE LOVE that type of rapport and aesthetic understanding with a jeweler. im still in search of it. perhaps, in this project i will be able to find my (jeweler) person.

i really value personal, first hand experience above conjecture, rumor, and hearsay. i have read both positive and less positive experiences with caysie. regardless, i am going to initiate contact to determine, for myself, if i will be able to work with someone.

just because it wasn't meant to be for me, does not, necessarily, mean it isn't meant to be for someone else

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the importance of having a good rapport as well as good communications.

I clicked right away with a couple of lapidary artists, and found one who has glowing feedback from many PSers to be distant and dis-interested in my request (just the one).

I have not used anyone else for custom work, as I am satisfied with the bench that I have been using for the past 5 years or so.

My main contact there, whom I have met in person, gets my ideas and requests, without the need for ping-pong message exchanges which I find tedious with another vendor, and decided not to engage in custom work with them.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results