shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone used Good Old Good to buy a diamond, need advice?

sazza100

Rough_Rock
Hi there.

I have been speaking with Good Old Gold regarding buying a Asshcher diamond. We are now at the stage where I need to pay a deposit so they can source a few diamonds for me to review.

What are your experiences and thoughts? Are they good to deal with, do they source good quality diamonds, are they good value for money compared with their competitors?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Has anyone used Good Old Good to buy a diamond, need adv

I am not in the market for new diamond, and have not purchased anything from GOG.

However, if I were looking to get a diamond from the internet, GOG will be one of 3 vendors that I would consider using, as they have excellent customer services and ethics, as previously reported on PS.

DK :))

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

I bought thrice from GOG. Onto my fourth if Matt can find what I want.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am also a big fan of GOG. And no one beats the amount of data they provide on the stones they bring in and house.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have purchased from GOG (including 2 upgrades) but the stones were all in-house diamonds. Extremely prompt customer service and the various tests (ASET, Sarin, etc) helped me decide which stone is the right one for me.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

tons of happy customers on this website

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1383231614|3548128 said:
I am also a big fan of GOG. And no one beats the amount of data they provide on the stones they bring in and house.

Definitely one of the best vendors to use, especially if you need some reassurance purchasing online. They give a lot of data and diamond analysis.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

I have not made a purchase from GOG, but have done a fair amount of emailing with them, about various projects.

A very responsive and informed company.

NervousDude

Rough_Rock

I never bought a diamond ever in my life, but trolling on Pricescope and researching, I can say that GOG was excellent. My salesperson was Charles. He's a nice and kind guy, no pressure, informative and found the diamond I was looking for.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock

I did and would highly recommend them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've bought a few diamonds from GOG.
I love this vendor.
Great diamonds, policies, and service!

hmhmhm

Rough_Rock

I haven't bought from them, but I did pay $50 to get 3 diamonds shipped in and a video of them under different lighting.

I thought their service was fairly good, but I can't give them a rave review. I was after a cushion cut diamond and seeing a video of the stones' performance was the only way I would ever buy a cushion cut stone sight unseen, so I was quite committed to buying from GOG to begin with. Unfortunately, the 3 stones they called in were all average performers and I found the process a bit too frustrating to continue (eg I was very specific about wanting a square cushion and gave the maximum LxW ratio from the start, but they'd forgotten that I wanted a square cushion, so it was lucky that I double checked that the options they gave me actually fit my criteria before shipping the stones in).

They also made it sound like there will definitely be a winner amongst the stones they ship in, but there really wasn't. None of the stones they shipped in were backed by their lifetime policy and when I rejected them, they didn't offer to call in more stones.

Anyway, I just gave up... They were nice to deal with, but didn't deliver for me. I do love their educational videos and I think the $50 I paid was worth the service that I received - I just wished that they had done better with selecting the stones before calling them in because I felt like it was a bit of a waste of time and money in the end (especially since I told them I was willing to wait for the right stone).

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

hmhmhm|1383283079|3548523 said:
I haven't bought from them, but I did pay $50 to get 3 diamonds shipped in and a video of them under different lighting.

I thought their service was fairly good, but I can't give them a rave review. I was after a cushion cut diamond and seeing a video of the stones' performance was the only way I would ever buy a cushion cut stone sight unseen, so I was quite committed to buying from GOG to begin with. Unfortunately, the 3 stones they called in were all average performers and I found the process a bit too frustrating to continue (eg I was very specific about wanting a square cushion and gave the maximum LxW ratio from the start, but they'd forgotten that I wanted a square cushion, so it was lucky that I double checked that the options they gave me actually fit my criteria before shipping the stones in).

They also made it sound like there will definitely be a winner amongst the stones they ship in, but there really wasn't. None of the stones they shipped in were backed by their lifetime policy and when I rejected them, they didn't offer to call in more stones.

Anyway, I just gave up... They were nice to deal with, but didn't deliver for me. I do love their educational videos and I think the $50 I paid was worth the service that I received - I just wished that they had done better with selecting the stones before calling them in because I felt like it was a bit of a waste of time and money in the end (especially since I told them I was willing to wait for the right stone).

Thank you for sharing hmhmhm. My sincere apologies if the l/w ratio was overlooked. When we are acquiring diamonds for clients we'll always seek out those options that have the best known data, at least from what we can determine from GIA Reports as well as looking at whatever photography is available on any given diamond before we call it in if that's even available, most don't.

As we've been serving clients in this manner since 1998 we've also grown to know what companies abroad we stand the best chances with in acquiring those optical cherries however not all diamonds that come from the same facility are always consistent in their optics. As you know these means (GIA Report and/or even a still photograph) isn't entirely sufficient and we are in essence at the mercy of what is available on the market at that given time.

There are times we've had to call in more than 1 batch of diamonds to find what it is our clients are seeking out so I sympathize with your frustration as we will invest considerably more than the deposit that is left to serve potential clients. Sometimes we have to give a little time before fresh goods are introduced on the market and revisit the query if every possibility we called in doesn't live up to our clients expectations. In the majority of instances we will in fact find what our clients are seeking on the first call in, and there are also times it requires time and patience depending on the query. There are many whom we have served on this forum who fall into both camps but we will never give up if you've demonstrated commitment to working with us and if something didn't work out on the first batch, a simple email to who was helping you will get us on top of hunting down the next best potentials.

I'm actually addressing these very issues in an upcoming video because many consumers are unaware of the process of selecting a diamond from this particular vendors POV. We have in fact invented specific diamonds out of this very frustration you share. Once again, thank you and if you want to revisit your query with us you already have capital we can apply to it.

Kindest regards,
Jonathan

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know of no one I would trust more to buy an asscher from. I bought one for a right hand ring awhile back, and they called in 3 stones for me. As you can see from the video, all were good but some were more outstanding than the others. I would have never ended up with the best possible stone had I not done it this way. (And I have bought other diamonds from them, too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7SBfNGxTFE&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=2

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

You cannot go wrong with GOG. They will find you the best performing stone in your price range. The best IMO for online buyers as they make videos featuring 3 or more stones that they have called in. They also document the performance of their stones through multiple types of testing.

Their educational videos are the best...no one else online that I know of will provide you with a better education on choosing the right diamond no matter the shape.

Good luck in your search!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results