shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen this Mark Morrell Torchiere?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
Has anyone seen Mark Morrell''s Torchiere?

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Torchiere_1.23ct_18k_plat_/

I really love the design, though I have no idea the prices of his piece like this go for. I also like small width rings so hopefully this fits the bill.
Off to search!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I have not seen the Torchiere in person, but I have his Sunburst (the regular, not the petite). The close-ups on his site tend to make his pieces look heavier than they actually are. When my FI first opened the box he thought maybe there was a mixup and he got the Petite because it seemed so dainty to him in comparison to the photos! However, I LOVE it, and it is *the perfect* band thickness for me. Since the Torchiere shank is based on the Sunburst, I imagine is has a similarly sized width and profile. I have hand pics here that may give some perspective. The widest part of the shank, the side that faces your palm, is 3mm at its widest point (it's rounded so looks a little thinner), and it tapers up to about 1.5-2mm at the diamond. Also, expect to pay around $2000 for one of his standard pieces (more for custom), depending on the setting size and any accent diamonds. Starting price for anything on his site is about 1700, I believe.

ETA: Looking at my own pictures in the thread I linked above, I think rings gain weight in photos just like people do. Keep that in mind.
1.gif

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
hmmm my guess is it costs 2,000?

have you had a look at his other settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results