shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen something similar to this Tacori ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StephanieK

Rough_Rock
I finally decided to register after doing a lot of lurking here the last couple of weeks. Here''s my problem. My boyfriend and I have been discussing getting engaged the last year or so but he just gave me the go ahead to start pricing rings. Yeah! I am totally in love with a Tacori ring and was all set to have my boyfriend purchase it until I started reading many of the problems that several people are having with Tacori. Now I am scared to go with Tacori! I have been searching and searching for something even remotely close to this setting and can''t seem to find anything. One of the aspects of this setting that I love are the blue sapphies and the antique look of the setting. The center will be a 1.44 carat round that I inherited from my grandmother. The stone is not real well cut but it means a lot to me to use her diamond.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this? I feel as though I have looked at every web site out there with antique rings, but maybe I am missing some. Should I just get the Tacori ring and hope I don''t have any problems? This is beginning to be a lot more stressful than I ever thought it would be! Thanks for the help.

BA4223-TACb.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are in love with that ring, then you should get it. Would you be happy with something similar or close? There have been some horible stories about Tacori. My advice would be to make sure you have a jeweler who will go to bat for you if there is a problem and not just blow you off.

StephanieK

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply MrsSalvo. I mentioned to my jeweler who has known my family for the last 20 years or so that I had been reading about the Tacori problems here and he said he hasn''t had any problems but that he would stand up for me if some were to arise. He knows my dad really well since he is always buying jewelry for my mom so I would like to think he would take care of me.

I would like something similar but I really like the antique feel of this ring, especially since it will have my grandmother''s diamond. I''m obviously just very nervous.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like you have a good jeweler. I''d go for it
1.gif

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Tacori ring and I love it. I know some people have had bad experiences, but I thought I would throw in my good experience to balance things out a little :) It''s definitely worth at least trying to get the ring you really love!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 9:58:12 AM
Author:StephanieK
Has anyone seen anything similar to this? I feel as though I have looked at every web site out there with antique rings, but maybe I am missing some. Should I just get the Tacori ring and hope I don''t have any problems? This is beginning to be a lot more stressful than I ever thought it would be! Thanks for the help.

Well, I have actually TRIED ON that setting in person. It was one of the ones I was considering. (I am a sapphire girl as well). I know people have ahd problems with Tacori but many people have not. People have also has problem with other companies as well. People tend to forget those stories. I agree that if you have a good jeweler who will take any concerns you have seriously than it lessons the risk. I did have a small problem with my setting but my jeweler took care of it as soon as I brought it to his attention. I love my Tacori ring. I think their designs are amazing and distictive.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hello -

Just wanted to chime in - I have a tacori setting (not the one you are considering) but I just want to say that I have had no problems at all.

In fact, I have even had to send mine back to get the prongs larger (for a larger stone) and had no problems at all.

So there is good and bad with each company. My experince has been good!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 5:22:52 PM
Author: laney
Hello -

Just wanted to chime in - I have a tacori setting (not the one you are considering) but I just want to say that I have had no problems at all.

In fact, I have even had to send mine back to get the prongs larger (for a larger stone) and had no problems at all.

So there is good and bad with each company. My experince has been good!

Well said Laney. Tacori gets a very bad rap on this board.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hello!

i was one of the unfortunate ones who had a bad time dealing with tacori, but i ended up with a ring i love. i think its good to know the good and bad sides of every company in order to make the best informed decision. but if you have your heart set on this ring, then you should go for it. if i would have just went with my heart the first time around, i would not have had to replace my original setting which i didnt love, and would have gotten the tacori at the start. i know that if you go with something not truly what you want, you will regret it!

that is a gorgeous setting btw!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I have no experience with Tacori, but thought I''d point out a couple of rings by Fay Cullen that look quite similar.

Fay Cullen 1

this one has emeralds, but they might be able to do it with sapphires instead:
Fay Cullen 2

Those are both from this page:
Art Deco settings

StephanieK

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I did not see the Simon G settings on Firenze Jewelers! Thanks Brown Eyes! I don''t feel comfortable going online to get the setting because I want to see it in person first, and I would feel bad asking my jeweler to get it in only to go elsewhere to purchase it. However, my jeweler does carry Simon G in addition to Tacori and that first setting is almost identical to a Tacori setting I had been looking at that had a princess in the center! I could not picture it with a round in the center but I think a round would be pretty in it!

Tacori-E-Ring I love your setting too! I haven''t seen it in person but I did see it on another web site.

This is the Tacori ring with the princess I just mentioned. I just love this setting too! Ooooo! This is so hard!

StephanieK

Rough_Rock
I think I had to rename the picture....attempt #2 at posting.

BA4323S_with_princess.jpg

StephanieK

Rough_Rock
I don''t know how to put them together but here is the Simon G setting on the Firenze site that I like. Gosh! I thought I had my heart set on the first one until I saw this! My boyfriend is going to kill me!
19.gif

simongringonfirenze.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I love all the settings you have posted.... love the look of diamonds and sapphires together.

Just wanted to throw in that I too have a Tacori ring and have never had any problems with the company or my ring!

Happy ring hunting and please let us know what you decide!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanie, I like Tacori designs, too! Can you tell me where you found that nice picture of the ring you posted? I don''t think the pictures on the Tacori site are that clear.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 3:51:28 AM
Author: StephanieK
I think I had to rename the picture....attempt #2 at posting.

This was the exact ring that made me decide I really wanted sapphires in my setting. I am not a fan of PR cuts but if you are I love, love, love this setting. I like it much better than the Simon G. The tacori just looks more delicate to me.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Stephanie:

So glad I could be of some assistance! I LOVE searching for jewelry in response to people''s requests. In my next life, I want to BE a jeweler ...
3.gif

In the meantime, for what it''s worth, I recently completed an on-line purchase with Firenze Jewelers and found them to be WONDERFUL to deal with - PLUS, they have great prices! It''s a total leap of faith to order a setting sight-unseen from an on-line vendor, but in my case the whole thing worked-out wonderfully.

I hope the same happens for you!

StephanieK

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker, I got the Tacori pictures from www.billbarnes.com.

I showed my boyfriend and even though the decision is completly up to me, he likes the second Tacori one I posted (the one with the princess) better with the princess than with a round. After mulling it over, I tend to agree. I still really like the first one I posted so I think that is what I am going to go with. We can''t afford both the setting and a new diamond (thus, why I am using my grandmother''s) so that kind of narrows my choices down a bit.

Thanks again for the help. I will let you know what I decide to do.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the site, Stephanie!

I think the first one is an excellent choice! And how special that you can use your grandmother''s diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results