shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of Malleries for secondhand Hermes bags?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would appreciate your feedback. Am considering purchasing a Birkin from them.

Thanks.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Has anyone heard of Malleries for secondhand Hermes bags

Phoenix, I believe Malleries is a clearinghouse for vetted sellers and not the seller itself. I've never purchased an item through the site, but (1) it seems more reliable than ebay, however (2) that's not exactly a vote of confidence. ;-)

Before buying anything off of their site, it'd probably be wise to research their buyer protection program, as well as data on the seller of the item you are considering and layering your protections. One other point of consideration is that their prices tend to be higher than other sources; I've seen items which the seller has listed on both Ebay and Malleries at the same time, but the one on M is priced higher. (I figure this is due to higher fees, but with all the counterfeit items on Ebay these days there is something to be said for avoiding Ebay at all costs.) HTH!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

No I have not. Not sure if you are interested Phoenix, but there are gently used Birkin's on Portero...sorry the link is faulty...

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fleur-de-lis|1317068986|3026130 said:
Phoenix, I believe Malleries is a clearinghouse for vetted sellers and not the seller itself. I've never purchased an item through the site, but (1) it seems more reliable than ebay, however (2) that's not exactly a vote of confidence. ;-)

Before buying anything off of their site, it'd probably be wise to research their buyer protection program, as well as data on the seller of the item you are considering and layering your protections. One other point of consideration is that their prices tend to be higher than other sources; I've seen items which the seller has listed on both Ebay and Malleries at the same time, but the one on M is priced higher. (I figure this is due to higher fees, but with all the counterfeit items on Ebay these days there is something to be said for avoiding Ebay at all costs.) HTH!

I didn't know any of this. Thanks for letting me know. I think I'll stay away.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1317090108|3026500 said:
HI:

No I have not. Not sure if you are interested Phoenix, but there are gently used Birkin's on Portero...sorry the link is faulty...

cheers--Sharon

Wow!! I found a bunch of Birkins on Portero....so yummy!! :lickout:

So they're reliable and trustworthy? Have you bought anything from them personally?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock

FWIW, I've been very pleased with Fashionphile in Beverly Hills (Hermes listings here: http://www.fashionphile.com/product_list.php ) for finding discontinued items which came out whilst I was traveling the world rather than buying limited-edition bags. ;-) They are a bit pricier, but I've been to their showroom in person, met the owner, befriended a few employees, and like their guarantees/return policies. They have some lovely Hermes in their showroom each time I've dashed in.

I've also heard great things about Yoogi's Closet ( http://www.yoogiscloset.com/m-18-hermes.aspx ), whose prices tend to be more competitive, but I've never used them myself. They also guarantee authenticity, and have a sterling reputation on that issue.

Phoenix, so on what type of lovely do you have your eye affixed?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1317184182|3027598 said:
canuk-gal|1317090108|3026500 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Wow!! I found a bunch of Birkins on Portero....so yummy!! :lickout:

So they're reliable and trustworthy? Have you bought anything from them personally?

HI Phoenix:

I have never bought from them--but peruse their site often. I've read much about them in magazines as a "go to" site for luxury products. They have jewellery! :))

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fleur-de-lis|1317187469|3027628 said:
FWIW, I've been very pleased with Fashionphile in Beverly Hills (Hermes listings here: http://www.fashionphile.com/product_list.php ) for finding discontinued items which came out whilst I was traveling the world rather than buying limited-edition bags. ;-) They are a bit pricier, but I've been to their showroom in person, met the owner, befriended a few employees, and like their guarantees/return policies. They have some lovely Hermes in their showroom each time I've dashed in.

I've also heard great things about Yoogi's Closet ( http://www.yoogiscloset.com/m-18-hermes.aspx ), whose prices tend to be more competitive, but I've never used them myself. They also guarantee authenticity, and have a sterling reputation on that issue.

Phoenix, so on what type of lovely do you have your eye affixed?

I'm so happy you told me about these 2 sites, esp Fashionphile. I've actually found it whilst perusing the purse forum and was wondering how genuine it was. Glad to to hear that you've bought from them and even met the ppl who work there. That's a HUGE thumbs-up. Thank you!! :))

Ditto abt the vote of confidence for Yoogiscloset too.

I'm after a black and an orange 30cm or 35cm Birkin; though I wouldn't say no if they had the Kellys in 32cm. I love them both. :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1317215626|3027738 said:
[HI Phoenix:

I have never bought from them--but peruse their site often. I've read much about them in magazines as a "go to" site for luxury products. They have jewellery! :))

cheers--Sharon

He he, you are such an enabler!! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1317444570|3030367 said:
canuk-gal|1317215626|3027738 said:
[HI Phoenix:

cheers--Sharon

He he, you are such an enabler!! :lol:

AND they have a sale on this weekend--perhaps on limited items, but worth a look! Always happy to be of assistance! :devil:

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1317492133|3030654 said:
[AND they have a sale on this weekend--perhaps on limited items, but worth a look! Always happy to be of assistance! :devil:

cheers--Sharon

How do I know if the sale is applicable to a particular item, Sharon? Is it quite obvious and that's why you say it's only applicable to limited items?

And do you if they're willing to negotiate? Could I put in an offer, say 10-20% below asking price?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1317532160|3031021 said:
canuk-gal|1317492133|3030654 said:
[AND they have a sale on this weekend--perhaps on limited items, but worth a look! Always happy to be of assistance! :devil:

cheers--Sharon

How do I know if the sale is applicable to a particular item, Sharon? Is it quite obvious and that's why you say it's only applicable to limited items?

And do you if they're willing to negotiate? Could I put in an offer, say 10-20% below asking price?

Phoenix:

There is a thumbnail for "sale" items and the discount is applied at the checkout. Not everything is an additional 15% off--for example, I put an Hermes bag in my shopping cart and tried to use the "SALE15" code for the discount, and it would not allow me to do it (aka, not on sale). Does that make sense?

Furthermore, I am unaware if they take offers. There is a live chat function to the right of the home page Phoenix, perhaps you could ask them? Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1317573866|3031242 said:
[There is a thumbnail for "sale" items and the discount is applied at the checkout. Not everything is an additional 15% off--for example, I put an Hermes bag in my shopping cart and tried to use the "SALE15" code for the discount, and it would not allow me to do it (aka, not on sale). Does that make sense?

Furthermore, I am unaware if they take offers. There is a live chat function to the right of the home page Phoenix, perhaps you could ask them? Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

cheers--Sharon

You've been fantastically helpful, Sharon. Thank you. It does seem that not every item is discounted; certainly I don't expect Hermes to be discounted. I did send them an email to enquire about offers w.r.t a Chanel bag, so let's see what they come back with.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1317625007|3031851 said:
canuk-gal|1317573866|3031242 said:
[There is a thumbnail for "sale" items and the discount is applied at the checkout. Not everything is an additional 15% off--for example, I put an Hermes bag in my shopping cart and tried to use the "SALE15" code for the discount, and it would not allow me to do it (aka, not on sale). Does that make sense?

cheers--Sharon

You've been fantastically helpful, Sharon. Thank you. It does seem that not every item is discounted; certainly I don't expect Hermes to be discounted. I did send them an email to enquire about offers w.r.t a Chanel bag, so let's see what they come back with.

=)

defendiendo3u

Rough_Rock

Wow ..Nice discussion .. :read:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock

Phoeix I recently purchased a Louis Vuitton from Malleries. I had the ladies over at the Purseforum.com authenticate it for me. My purse came from Japan. It is beautiful, however and a big however, it stinks!! I lived in Japan during my teenage years and I know how humid and moist the climate is, my purse smells a bit moldy and has a slight cigarette stink too! That being said I still love the bag, I have a box baking soda in it and let it out in the fresh air. Make sure to ask if there is an odor to the bag, if the bag came from a smoking environment. I've heard good things about Yoogis closet, and you can negotiate with them. Good luck and post a picture!

BlingADing

Shiny_Rock

Malleries is great...but still always ask TPF for authentication :)

baglover

Rough_Rock

I'm so glad to have found this forum. It looks like I will have a lot of reading to do. I've used Malleries to buy a few handbags and have been happy. I am always so tempted to add to my bag collection when I go there. Right now I am coveting a Hermes Bolide in a cognac ostrich.

Not sure if you know but Portero is also a mall site with several different sellers from all over. Portero just doesn't allow the seller display the sellers company logo or company name. I like to know who I am buying from

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Yes, Malleries is fine (a bit pricey, but fine) as is Yogi's Closet.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock

I was just reading a thread about someone wanting to buy a Chanel bag on Purse Forum from Malleries. Apparently the photos were photoshopped in some way. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, especially on a high end bag.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Allisonfaye|1378853850|3518247 said:
I was just reading a thread about someone wanting to buy a Chanel bag on Purse Forum from Malleries. Apparently the photos were photoshopped in some way. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, especially on a high end bag.

Wow! Do you know which particular vendor it was ? I ask because Malleries is a collection of different vendors, isn't it?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

Phoenix - where are you located? I don't want to assume AZ from your name.... I have a black Veau Swift w/palladium hardware 32cm Kelly that I've been considering selling, bought at the Dallas Hermes store. There's no way to direct message you on this site. I'm in Austin, Tx.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

UrsTx|1379186393|3520833 said:
Phoenix - where are you located? I don't want to assume AZ from your name.... I have a black Veau Swift w/palladium hardware 32cm Kelly that I've been considering selling, bought at the Dallas Hermes store. There's no way to direct message you on this site. I'm in Austin, Tx.

Ha ha, I am not in AZ or even in the USA. :wink2:

I'd love to see more details and pics of your bag. Let me see if I can create an ad on DB on my items for sale in Preloved. Perhaps you could click on one of my links? Pls give me some time to create the ads. Thanks.

qpsale

Rough_Rock

As a Style Coach and owner of an online boutique, Prudence enjoys writing on information related to Style Coaching, dressing to look good as well as recommendations on beautiful apparels. To find out more, visit Prudence's online store at www.qpsale.com

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock

so anyone is sucessfull buy from them yet?
o.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results