shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard from Elana / FF since June 30 ?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Elana was supposed to ship out my order on June 30 last week. She did give me a USPS tracking number, but their website keeps saying they have not actually received the parcel yet. I haven't been able to reach her by email or phone since then. I also noticed her blog has not been updated since that date.

Has anyone connected with her within the last week? I am wondering if maybe she went away, or is sick.

A little anxious/confused/frustrated here. Any input would be appreciated.

Anne

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
Hi Anne, I have tried contacting her by phone and email for the last month and have heard no response. A friend that ordered something from her in MAY has had the same issues. They got part of the order in June (after being told in May it would be ready at the end of the week) but have heard nothing since. They aren't sure what to do at this point.

Yikes!!!! I hope she is ok!!

And, I hope you get your orders... :(

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
She has a new blog up.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Did you get it or get through to her yet?

I've had issues with her local post office before. They never updated the status either. But I think she first sends the pearls to florida to be knotted, then the person in florida sends them to you. At least I think that's how it works.

I'm still not sure if what you're seeing is her sending them to you, or her sending them to florda.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys.

No, I still can't reach her by email or phone. She doesn't have voice mail, which means we cannot leave messages. Arg! lol

Elle_Chris - She told me she was stringing/knotting the strand herself. There was no mention of shipping elsewhere first, or that anyone else was involved in her process.

She gave me the USPS tracking code 9 days ago now, so I'm pretty sure I should have received it by now if it was in fact sent?? (I'm in Canada.)

Okay, so I see what you're saying... that maybe she DID in fact send it, but her local post office didn't report that properly to the main USPS database where I am getting my status updates? Hmmm. But even if that were true, surely the next stops in the shipping chain *would* report their status correctly? The USPS website is still saying the parcel has not even yet been received - and this is 9 days later. Something is not right I feel.

I personally am guessing the parcel was NOT yet sent for whatever reason. Although I'm not sure why Elana seems unreachable right now. I did see that her blog was updated two days ago.

Boo!!!! :(

I will try to stay positive and hope for the best until I know otherwise. Although it's getting progressively harder. It's not a fun experience to not be able to reach a vendor!

BTW, IF ANYONE MANAGES TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ELANA, PLEASE TELL HER TO LOOK FOR THE EMAILS FROM ANNE!!

Anne

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,I really hope this works out for you. I know several people on PS have ordered from her and have been happy with their pearls, but I just have to say that this is REALLY unprofessional. I understand FF may be something that she does on the side and not her primary job/business, but that's not an excuse for being unprofessional. If you're going to have a business regardless of whether it's your primary job or just a side business, you still need to focus on customer service.

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
Anne sorry you haven't heard back. Here is my friends story. They bought a single loose pearl from Elana for a pendant/necklace that would hang on a leather cord like she has on her website (with a clasp) which she would drill. This was done around the second week of May and they were told that it would be ready within a week. They had not heard a word from her and wanted to wear the pearl on vacation. Finally got a hold of her and she told them that she was getting over the flu (she also told them that the reason she doesn't pick up the phone is because her line was getting rerouted to her neighbor who is a OB/GYN and she was getting their calls or something like that). She said the clasp wasn't fitting right but would mail the pearl right away with a tied on leather cord and would send the completed one with the clasp shortly. Right away turned out to be a week later (right before their trip). The pearl is very pretty but they still haven't received the necklace (which was included in the price). Numerous calls and emails have not been responded to. She doesn't have a voicemail and is not responding to emails.

At this point, they are pretty exasperated and are considering contacting their CC to dispute the charge since she is not responsive. They feel bad for doing this because she was very nice and helpful when they were in contact with her but don't know any other recourse.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Just a thought ... maybe you should post a message on her blog that you've been trying to contact her.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ededaddy - I feel the same way! Although she was difficult to get ahold of to place the order in the first place (and then communicate about it), she *was* very friendly and accommodating. So I really don't want to have to assume the worst. Yes, I am thinking of the option of disputing the charge on my credit card if the pearls never arrive and/or I don't hear back from her eventually. But I really just want the products I ordered! lol (BTW, she did tell me some similar stuff about being sick, being away, phone calls being routed to wrong location, etc.)

Brightlight - Good idea about trying to a message on her blog. I just looked, and it seems like nobody really replies to her blog posts, so I doubt she would notice. Although, I may try it anyways.

Another option is for me to send a fax to the number on the FF website. I don't have a fax machine at home, so would have to find a way to do that...

Thanks everyone for your helpful ideas. Again - if anyone does manage to get ahold of her, please ask her to contact me!!

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
UPDATE - I have finally made contact!

Brightlight - your blog idea worked! I left a comment on one of her latest blog entries yesterday (it goes to the blog owner first, so it will probably never actually appear in public). ANYWAYS - here is the scoop. Elana emailed me back saying she's been in the hospital but is now home. Someone else was updating her blog for her while she was away, saw my message and asked her to contact me.

She says the parcel DID in fact ship, and that she will alert the post master to update the tracking info on the USPS website. (Okay - not sure why this non-update thing is happening, but I guess some of you have experienced the same.) Anyways, I guess we now expect the parcel to hopefully arrive some time next week (again, I'm in Canada).

My god - I hope so! I just want this crazy order over with!! lol

I will keep you all posted. Hopefully everything will get here safely, I will love it, and all will work out well in the end.

Anne

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
Hi Anne,
I am generally on one of the other pearl forums but saw your post here and wanted to reply.
I just want to share my experiences with Elana and the shipping situation as I too live in Canada. I have purchased 6 necklaces from her and 2 pairs of earrings and they have all been amazing!! Unfortunately her post office does not bother scanning the parcels in and it looks like the items will never arrive. Many times I was ready to call in the Mounties to track down my pearls!!!
For some reason it takes forever to reach Canada but rest assured you will be so happy with the end result.

A little story to share. I was wearing one of Elana's strands of silver tahitians baroques which were in the 600 range. They are magnificent!! I was browsing European Jewellers at Eaton Centre and the Sales Lady just about flew over her counter to take a look at my pearls. She could not believe the quality and lustre. I really thought she would rip them right off my neck, LOL!!!

I know your frustration but I am certain you will love your purchase when it arrives. Hopefully Elana is OK and will speak to her post office about the scanning situation. BTW what did you get from her?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ladyzee. It is a comfort to know others have had similar experiences but still loved their pieces. I chose FF in the first place because of PS! lol

I purchased a multi-color Tahitian strand (~8 - 10mm) with matching earrings. I hope to post pictures once I do in fact receive everything! lol

Anne

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
I am hoping it arrives and you really like it but I don't believe ladyzee and I think this is someone from the company. Im sorry. I know some are gonna get really mad at me. **Edited by moderator. Please comply with forum rules and do not discuss other forums or usernames to protect privacy**? It's just too convenience.

I see on **Edited by moderator. Please do not discuss other forums per the PS rules** what happened with elana and when she told some people things that weren't true about another company and she had to tell them she apologized and lied and so many people were really mad at her for that, and I also see that this year now it is three times when people can't reaching her. One time it is pneumonia and then the flu and this time it is in the hospital. Each time it's one you can't be too mad because you have to feel sorry.

It is too much to believe that someone that is doing a company will have somebody that is gonna watch the comment on a blog but nobody is gonna watch the email or the telephone.

Maybe the pearls is gonna be amazing but I really don't think the things she say is gonna be truthful.

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
**Edited by moderator. Please comply with forum rules and do not discuss other forums or usernames to protect privacy**. Kaori Oku maybe before suggesting that someone is not telling the truth you might want to check your facts first.
My only reason for posting here is to let Anne know that I am also in Canada and unfortunately it takes forever for the pearls to arrive in our country. Aside from the length of time it takes anyone who has purchased from Elana will concur that her product is beautiful and she is an honest honourable person.
Anne your strand and earrings sound just beautiful!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Kaori Oku said:
I see on **Edited by moderator** what happened with elana and when she told some people things that weren't true about another company and she had to tell them she apologized and lied and so many people were really mad at her for that, and I also see that this year now it is three times when people can't reaching her. One time it is pneumonia and then the flu and this time it is in the hospital. Each time it's one you can't be too mad because you have to feel sorry.

It is too much to believe that someone that is doing a company will have somebody that is gonna watch the comment on a blog but nobody is gonna watch the email or the telephone.

Maybe the pearls is gonna be amazing but I really don't think the things she say is gonna be truthful.

What Kaori Oku said is true. That post about her in the other forum is taken off from public viewing after Elana/FF apologized to Jeremy for some of the things she said about his inventory/products. Only Admins can view them now.

I have never bought from Elana. But I thought it strange that there are multiple sick episodes in the last few months. It is also strange how she conducts her business without voicemail. It's good to know people who ordered from her are happy. I, myself, am skeptical about it though. To each his own.

Do post your necklace and earrings when they arrive. I love seeing pictures.

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
ladyzee said:
**Edited by moderator. Please comply with forum rules and do not discuss other forums or usernames to protect privacy** Kaori Oku maybe before suggesting that someone is not telling the truth you might want to check your facts first.
My only reason for posting here is to let Anne know that I am also in Canada and unfortunately it takes forever for the pearls to arrive in our country. Aside from the length of time it takes anyone who has purchased from Elana will concur that her product is beautiful and she is an honest honourable person.
Anne your strand and earrings sound just beautiful!

I do check my fact and I can see you making the posts on the **Edited by moderator. Please comply with forum rules and do not discuss other forums or usernames to protect privacy** with the same name. You said **Edited by moderator. Please comply with forum rules and do not discuss other forums or usernames to protect privacy** and there is only one like that and I never see you on that one.

I am glad that everybody is happy with their purchase but she did tell a lies and they were really bad imo. So i don;t believe about the sick.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
wow, don't know what to think..

i agree that not being able to get through to a business is horrible when you make a purchase. customer service is definitely lacking in that department.
But the pearls she sells are very nice, and considering I made three purchases from her, and the only issue I've had was UPS not updating, I'm not sure what I'd do next time.

I do think it's great that all experiences be posted here. It give someone new a chance to decide for themselves what they want to do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does totally suck not being able to get in touch with Elana after your purchase to find out what's going on, regardless of the super pearls she sells. I have never bought anything from her but am considering it for future purchases. This thread is making me pause regarding purchasing from Elana.

I have bought both from PP and PPO and I am very happy with my purchases from them. I do wish we had the whole story regarding the post(s) Elana made on Jeremy's forum and that they hadn't deleted it thereby not allowing the members to get the full story. As Elle said, it is great to hear all experiences, good and bad so we can each make an educated decision.

I hope your story has a happy ending and am looking forward to seeing your beautiful pearls!

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
Hi Anne,
I had checked back on my tracking info on Canada Post and it seems from the time Elana sent me my parcels it took almost 3 weeks to arrive at my door. It looks like they sat in customs for several days.
If your parcel was sent June 30 it may not arrive till the end of this coming week or very early next.

Kaori Oku I am so happy that you were able to check into every pearl forum to find out that I was telling the truth about myself and that I am not a mole from Elana's company.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
missy said:
I have bought both from PP and PPO and I am very happy with my purchases from them. I do wish we had the whole story regarding the post(s) Elana made on Jeremy's forum and that they hadn't deleted it thereby not allowing the members to get the full story. As Elle said, it is great to hear all experiences, good and bad so we can each make an educated decision.

I hope your story has a happy ending and am looking forward to seeing your beautiful pearls!

In the other forum, every once in while when there is a "controversial" thread (ex: 2 members with very strong words/opinions about the other), the individual posts or whole thread is removed depending on situation, and only admin can find it. All in all it's over and there was no hard feeling b/t FF and the other party, I believe.

I am not sure what the issue is with her local USPS office. Most of my USPS shipments from other vendors (non-pearl and pearl) have always been updated by USPS. Albeit sometimes they are a day or two behind on the tracking status, but never has it been just 2 entries of USPS acceptance date and delivery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HHPmom said:
missy said:

In the other forum, every once in while when there is a "controversial" thread (ex: 2 members with very strong words/opinions about the other), the individual posts or whole thread is removed depending on situation, and only admin can find it. All in all it's over and there was no hard feeling b/t FF and the other party, I believe.

I am not sure what the issue is with her local USPS office. Most of my USPS shipments from other vendors (non-pearl and pearl) have always been updated by USPS. Albeit sometimes they are a day or two behind on the tracking status, but never has it been just 2 entries of USPS acceptance date and delivery.

Thanks HHP- I appreciate the info. I really do love Elana's pearls and had hoped to do business with her at some time in the future. I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how Anne's situation is resolved. Btw I meant TPO and not PPO in my post above LOL. I have health insurance on my mind these days!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I find all these vague allusions to something Elana said somewhere else that was deleted pointless. We aren't supposed to discuss other forums on Pricescope anyway and its not helpful to the original poster. I have purchased from both Elana and PP and have been happy with both. Anne_h, I hope your pearls arrive soon.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This discussion is important to me. I have been thinking of buying a pearl necklace. Based upon the recommendations in this forum, I was deciding between Elana and PP. I need to know that I can be in touch with the vendor, on a reasonable basis, to answer questions and concerns. This is a consumer advocacy site. I want to make an informed choice.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please remember that our forum rules do not allow discussion of other forums. This is to protect privacy and prevent fights spilling over from other forums. Thank you for your cooperation.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
risingsun said:
This discussion is important to me. I have been thinking of buying a pearl necklace. Based upon the recommendations in this forum, I was deciding between Elana and PP. I need to know that I can be in touch with the vendor, on a reasonable basis, to answer questions and concerns. This is a consumer advocacy site. I want to make an informed choice.

I would recommend PP to you. They are always available to quickly answer questions.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
y2kitty said:
risingsun said:

I would recommend PP to you. They are always available to quickly answer questions.

Thank you for the recommendation :))

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
Hi risingsun,

I don't know what you are looking for or what your price range is but as I mentioned in my earlier post I have purchased 5 tahitian necklaces and 2 pairs tahitian studs as well as freshwaters from Elana. I had checked on many sites and priced out the quality of what I was buying and no one could come near the price Elana gave or the quality. I have never bought from PP only TPO. But what was offered online from PP when i was buying there was no comparison. Elana's selection and pricing was by far the best. The lustre, the shape and the surface were all excellent. Many who have bought from Elana will tell you when they receive their item it is even more beautiful than what was described.
Again the downside for some is the lack of communication. Maybe you will have better luck. I had no problem with communication whatsoever, it was the length of time it takes to come into Canada. HTH!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
risingsun said:

Risingsun,

I highly recommend PP. They've always been professional and the quality of their pearls has always been superb and as stated, which isn't always true of some other vendors I've purchased from. Personally, I find all this stuff with Elana sketchy and not worth the hassle. You can get equally nice or better pearls for a fair and appropriate price without all the drama at PP. Some of Elana's pearls are well priced, but I've also seen some massively overpriced items on her site. I've read on PS that she gives a big PS discount which would bring the overpriced items down to a more reasonable cost, but why do you have to post on a jewelry forum to get a fair price? That just means someone else who doesn't belong to PS is likely getting ripped off.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I also agree that Elana has the best pricing- I bought a necklace from her back in March or April and I had no issues with communication from her. She is also on facebook- try reaching her there too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results