shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone done custom work with ivy and rose vintage?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I really like ivy and rose vintage’s work on Etsy and am considering doing custom work with them for some rings. I’d love to know if you guys have done such work... most people tend to buy their readymade settings I noted

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
66FABFD8-31D5-4A05-B39D-99B8B989D343.jpeg 98D67FFE-97F2-45B2-8298-9831B91C40C8.jpeg

I did, because they had already sold a unique setting I liked. They did very good work and were quick about it, but it ended up costing more than if I had been lucky enough to nab the first ring. It was before I found a good local jeweler, so they set my sapphire for me. It would have been cheaper if I had had my local jeweler do that part. But still, it was reasonable overall. I think they are trying to get more into doing custom work. Their communication about the CADs was very clear. I wanted this under/over twist look in the band and they fixed that for me.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. I have and I am Currently doing a Custom ring with them with my Caramel welo opal. I have also bought many of their settings. Lately I talk to Sarah and she does a great job CommuniCating with me. Here is my Custom blue sapphire ring (based on one of their designs) and my welo opal. sap3.jpg
il_570xN.973413630_9ec8.jpg

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for starting this thread and I hope more people chime in! I have been looking at a few of their settings as it seems their prices are more inline with what I can afford vs reaching out to David Klass and the like. I have a few gems I would like to set in less expensive settings such as Ivy & Rose and a few I will set aside for when I can afford a more custom setting from some other recommended vendors.

Hi all,

I really like ivy and rose vintage’s work on Etsy and am considering doing custom work with them for some rings. I’d love to know if you guys have done such work... most people tend to buy their readymade settings I noted

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have purchased two settings from them which had to be customized to fit my stones. Their work is very good, but be sure to get the full price ahead of time. I gave them my stone measurements, but they didn't disclose upfront some of the modification charges. This leaves quite a little surprise when the invoice arrives! I would ask about a custom setting and also one of their stock settings, just to compare.

Sara is excellent at emailing updates, whereas other vendors I've used had to practically be nagged to reply to me.

I would buy from them again!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
66FABFD8-31D5-4A05-B39D-99B8B989D343.jpeg 98D67FFE-97F2-45B2-8298-9831B91C40C8.jpeg

I did, because they had already sold a unique setting I liked. They did very good work and were quick about it, but it ended up costing more than if I had been lucky enough to nab the first ring. It was before I found a good local jeweler, so they set my sapphire for me. It would have been cheaper if I had had my local jeweler do that part. But still, it was reasonable overall. I think they are trying to get more into doing custom work. Their communication about the CADs was very clear. I wanted this under/over twist look in the band and they fixed that for me.

Looks lovely ! ❤️

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. I have and I am Currently doing a Custom ring with them with my Caramel welo opal. I have also bought many of their settings. Lately I talk to Sarah and she does a great job CommuniCating with me. Here is my Custom blue sapphire ring (based on one of their designs) and my welo opal. sap3.jpg
il_570xN.973413630_9ec8.jpg

Cannot wait to see the result! Gorgeous opal, do share as soon as you get it : D

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for starting this thread and I hope more people chime in! I have been looking at a few of their settings as it seems their prices are more inline with what I can afford vs reaching out to David Klass and the like. I have a few gems I would like to set in less expensive settings such as Ivy & Rose and a few I will set aside for when I can afford a more custom setting from some other recommended vendors.
I have purchased two settings from them which had to be customized to fit my stones. Their work is very good, but be sure to get the full price ahead of time. I gave them my stone measurements, but they didn't disclose upfront some of the modification charges. This leaves quite a little surprise when the invoice arrives! I would ask about a custom setting and also one of their stock settings, just to compare.

Sara is excellent at emailing updates, whereas other vendors I've used had to practically be nagged to reply to me.

I would buy from them again!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I’ll thread carefully and ask all info in advance.

BUT I just thought I’d share that I came across a vendor called braverman jewelery and they sell settings only too! They do custom as well. I haven’t heard of them before but they look fantastic !

https://www.bravermanjewelry.com/

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cannot wait to see the result! Gorgeous opal, do share as soon as you get it : D

Thanks. I will. They are pretty fast I usually get them back about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks after they receive my stone. I was originally going to get a full Custom setting made for the opal, but discoverd and fell in love with one of their settings so wound up getting one of their settings modified for my stone. Which is works out to be cheaper also :)

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I will. They are pretty fast I usually get them back about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks after they receive my stone. I was originally going to get a full Custom setting made for the opal, but discoverd and fell in love with one of their settings so wound up getting one of their settings modified for my stone. Which is works out to be cheaper also :)

Wonderful ! Which one?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are CADS they sent (ignore wrong Color opal) they didnt have a brown one in system unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

This is very nice and very detailed work! It’s going to be gorgeous:) I think I should reach out to them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results