shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone dealt with Leon through Mark T?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of having my ring made (yay!). Orginially, we were going to go custom with Mark T., but I don''t know if my design can be made as thin as I want it to be (I want it to be 2mm and it was supposed to be a knife edge with a taper at the top). Sooo....might be on to plan B.

Plan B is to have a Leon solitaire made (572 if anyone is interested). I know it has been discussed that Mark and Leon work together, but how does that work?

My question is: How does it work going through Mark/Leon? Does Mark do all the dealings and then charge a bit more? Or is it my responsibility to deal with Leon and Mark and coordinate it?

Mark is away right now, so can''t answer the question till later this week and of course I am impatient and was wondering if I should make a call to Leon. But of course I don''t want to bother him if we won''t be going that way.

Thanks!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ries went through mark to do her e-ring. you can search her name for her thread.

I don''t think the price is much different whether you go though mark or work with Leon directly, go the direction that makes you most comfortable.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 12:38:14 PM
Author:neatfreak
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of having my ring made (yay!). Orginially, we were going to go custom with Mark T., but I don''t know if my design can be made as thin as I want it to be (I want it to be 2mm and it was supposed to be a knife edge with a taper at the top). Sooo....might be on to plan B.

Plan B is to have a Leon solitaire made (572 if anyone is interested). I know it has been discussed that Mark and Leon work together, but how does that work?

My question is: How does it work going through Mark/Leon? Does Mark do all the dealings and then charge a bit more? Or is it my responsibility to deal with Leon and Mark and coordinate it?

Mark is away right now, so can''t answer the question till later this week and of course I am impatient and was wondering if I should make a call to Leon. But of course I don''t want to bother him if we won''t be going that way.

Thanks!!!

Hi Neatfreak,

I was wondering whether you knew how thick r572 is? You said you wanted to go with a 2mm knife-edge, so I assuming that you feel/know that r572 is close to that in thickness?

I''m not sure about the process of having Mark commission Leon to do a ring. I would just wait until he can answer your questions before contacting Leon-- you can then make a fully educated decision.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 1:37:11 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Date: 3/19/2007 12:38:14 PM

Author:neatfreak

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of having my ring made (yay!). Orginially, we were going to go custom with Mark T., but I don't know if my design can be made as thin as I want it to be (I want it to be 2mm and it was supposed to be a knife edge with a taper at the top). Sooo....might be on to plan B.

Mark is away right now, so can't answer the question till later this week and of course I am impatient and was wondering if I should make a call to Leon. But of course I don't want to bother him if we won't be going that way.

Thanks!!!

Hi Neatfreak,

I was wondering whether you knew how thick r572 is? You said you wanted to go with a 2mm knife-edge, so I assuming that you feel/know that r572 is close to that in thickness?

I'm not sure about the process of having Mark commission Leon to do a ring. I would just wait until he can answer your questions before contacting Leon-- you can then make a fully educated decision.

Jeff, I am TOTALLY asssuming here that it is around 2mm. Based on the size of the stone in the picture (3ct so about 9-10mm tall?), plus the fact that I was told that around 2mm is as thin as is safe, made me assume that it is around that size. But I don't really know. I guess if you're going Leon custom he can go as thin/thick as you would want.

If I find out any more info, I will be certain to let you know!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 1:27:20 PM
Author: mrssalvo
ries went through mark to do her e-ring. you can search her name for her thread.

I don''t think the price is much different whether you go though mark or work with Leon directly, go the direction that makes you most comfortable.

Thanks for the advice! I just checked out Ries'' thread and it was very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results